Reviews of Bayard Bellecour 3 stars

#65 of 113 hotels in Lyon

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Would go back
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

Unfortunate that they don't have a lift but understandable given the location and building configuration.

Couldn't have asked for a better welcome. Saw I have slight mobility issues so immediately changed our room to allow easier access. Great restaurant and travel advice throughout our stay.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

• Comfort Double Room

The lack of parking, although it was mentioned they have 8 places. However, there are parkings around for about 30 Euros per night.

The location is great. The room and bathroom were spacious.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very central, but that's all about it.
    • Comfort Double Room

Small room and small and smelly bathroom, no air-co (it was written, but the ventilator given was noisy and not effective), no parking around for free (but about this we've been informed/30 euro per day-guess that everywhere in the centre is like this),good for 1 night stay.

Very central position, didn't need car at all to visit the city

The least comfortable hotel stay I've ever had in my life. The staff however was nice
    • Comfort Double Room

The room had no air conditioning and it was sweltering hot and was unable to sleep. Had to try to sleep with cold wet towels at night. Room had a table fan which was very minimally effective. The hair dryer didn't work well and made a loud power drill noise and the heat was too hot from this dryer. Poor room air circulation. The only window opened to the hall way, hardly a safe place for a window. No elevators

The room was clean and the hotel is very central - a 5...
    • Comfort Double Room

You must carry suitcases up a large flight of stairs before you get to reception. There is no air conditioning and the hotel is very old.

The room was clean and the hotel is very central - a 5 minute was to Vieux Lyon.

Thank you again for another great stay
    • Comfort Double Room

This was no fault of the hotel, but it was hot. Just hot. I wish that I had a room in the front of the hotel just for extra air flow and maybe an extra fan...Lyon was so hot during my stay, there was no escape anywhere

I just love my stays here. It was so hot in Lyon during my stay and the staff always had smiles and did what they could to help the guests be less hot. I loved my room, the location of this hotel is perfect...I just can’t say enough nice things about it

A much better option to stay than an airport hotel if you need to stop over. Charming and old

The kids would say airconditioning would make it even better - and I would have to agree, though for our room it did not matter it was not there

Bedrooms which over look the square on the reception level are the best - big with a decent shower and cool breeze when you open the windows. The bed in room 2 was enormous and very comfortable Our adult kids stayed in the back bedrooms which were modernised - however these rooms suffered more from the overall lack of air conditioning. This is stated that it is not in the hotel and should not be a reason to complain. Just pick a front bedroom. Breakfast was a big yum and being able to linger til 10:30 on a Sunday was brilliant. The young ladies on reception came down to help lug our bags upstairs. There is not a lift - but there is help. This is an individual hotel where the staff work hard to compensate for the idiosyncrasies of the age of the hotel. Because it is not in the old town - but close to it - you can be well guided to eat like the locals across the square away from all the tourist traps in the old town. We ate 3 course meals for 24 euro each. We did cop for 3 small beers and an orangina in the old town for 24 euros. So be warned - and be guided by the lovely receptionist advice

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I love the old building.
    • Comfort Double Room

There was no AC, only a swamp cooler. Could not get the room to cool down, and could only leave the windows open at night till about 5 a.m. when the mosquitos started coming in.

I love the old building. It was centrally located. It was clean and comfortable. It was very quiet at night.

Thoughtful service in beautifully renovated rooms in old French building.
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

We loved the room on the second floor but this also means we were close to the streets. The noise in the morning was a bit loud, but still it was a fine experience.

I had put in a request to the hotel and when I arrived with my partner we were very happy that they had understood the importance of this request and had upgraded us. They did not especially say that we'd be upgraded, just politely said that we hope you like this room. We were pleasantly surprised and spent a wonderful time at the hotel. It's the little thoughtfulness that went the extra mile.

The location was fantastic!
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

The room was too hot at times and there was no lift or bar.

The location was fantastic!And the room was comfortable and quiet.Also the bathroom was very nice.The staff were pleasant.

A lovely hotel if the weather is cool.
    • Comfort Double Room

In the hot summer time the air con supplied just didn't do the job. It was crazy hot in the room. Our room window was opening into a "well" inner yard of the building so no air circulation whatsoever. Luckily we only stayed for one night.

The reception staff were super friendly and helpful. Room with a character, comfortable and clean.

It was a good way to sense France, in the very few hours we had. The restaurants close by looked fab
    • Comfort Double Room

The shower was tiny, but worked well and was clean, so no drama really!

We arrived very late and left very early, due to car problems, and so didn’t have long, but it met all our needs.

Lyon city break
    • Comfort Double Room

Would have like tea & coffee making facilities

Perfect location, have stayed in Bellecour before but this time had the view of the square. Clean & comfortable room. Friendly staff.

Great location and clean. Would stay again if visiting Lyon again.
    • Comfort Double Room

Was disappointed that there was no AC as there were no screens on the windows so if the room got hot at night, it was uncomfortable. Plus on the Friday night, it was a little noise outside too. Also, the suggested & reserved parking spot (paid) was a little distance away and extremely difficult to enter (very, very narrow). Need to have a small car and be a good driver.

The location of the hotel was perfect for us, walking distance to everywhere we needed to go. And metro/bus were very close too for other locations. Bathroom was very clean and roomy.

Great for the night we needed on our road trip.
    • Comfort Double Room

No fridge, or any kind of cooling facility ie fan or air conditioning.

The lady on reaction was amazing went above and beyond as we were leaving earlier than breakfast so gave us a tray in our room the night before.

Nice hotel, reasonable rate, good location, would definitely stay there again/recommend it.
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

My room, although lovely, was quite dark (which I don't think was helped by the lovely, but dark, decor) and the window didn't allow for me to fully open it. It had good air-con, but I would have liked a bit more natural air in the room.

Firstly, know that when you arrive the hotel 'starts' from the first floor, so you have to walk up the (nice and wide) stairwell. I've experienced this before in Nice, so wasn't unduly worried by it, but it might throw you off if you don't know and aren't expecting it. Next, the hotel is clean, spacious and I used it for one night on a business trip. It was perfect. The location was great, only 30mins (nice) walk from the train station and set on the island in the river, so lots of nice walks/bridges/places to eat. It was nicely decorated - I particularly loved the bathroom tiles! - and I was in the back of the building, so it was very quiet and very quaint. I met 2 members of staff, one on check-in, the other on check-out; both of them were friendly and professional. It was not a spectacular hotel, but I have no real complaints (esp. for one night) and I would definitely use it again.

Enjoyable 2 day break
    • Comfort Double Room

No air conditioner in the room, open window and small desk fan had to be used on hot nights. Small bathroom and shower.

In good area of city, close to restaurants.

Clean and central. Delightful quaint decor
    • Comfort Double Room

No air conditioning. Room faced central Courtyard however and had a fan. Remained pretty cool at night but stuffy during the day.

Great location. Lovely staff

Dissatisfied and won’t return.

There is no air conditioning and if you open windows bugs come in at night. The room felt dirty and my daughter had a sneezing/coughing attack. We could hear loud sex in the evening which the staff commented “happens.” Hotel Guru had rated this property good but we disagreed and were very disappointed. When we left there were drunk people on the sidewalk outside the hotel Who scared my daughter.

Nothing. We left early.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Comfort Double Room

Our room was quite dark and hot.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel couldn’t have been better. Our room was large and the beds were comfortable.

Great city centre hotel for an overnight stop or a short stay
    • Prestige Double Room

For a small hotel it had all you need

Very central location in this interesting and elegant city. An unimposing entrance leads to a quirky but very comfortable hotel. No lift but the charming and very helpful staff will help with baggage and there is an underground carpark very close by which is not expensive. Close to the restaurant quarter and a short walk to the old town. We will come back to explore the area. The local food specialities are well worth trying.

Location awesome and rooms with flair
    • Comfort Double Room

Finding car parking is a nightmare. Advice: go to Antonin Poncet parking. Costs 30 euros per day, but exit is only 100 m away from Hotel

Excellent location, very spacious room with flair, daylight bathroom, breakfast good

They set up parking for us at their sister hotel a few...
    • Comfort Double Room

They set up parking for us at their sister hotel a few blocks away because we preferred not to park under the plaza and were sooo helpful in helping us on the phone find it the day we drove into Lyon and got lost. Great staff and awesome location!

noisy, so keep that in mind if you prefer quiet.
    • Authentic Double Room

this hotel is horribly LOUD. it’s on a major street so you here cars all day & night - and the french love to honk - the windows are not sound proof so you hear conversations on the street. it’s across from a park as well so there are lots of people hanging out late being loud, and dogs barking at all hours. i had no idea it was on such a busy street, i typically avoid hotels on main streets and i wish that had been more clear. the walls are also very thin, i heard conversations & noise from the rooms above & next to me, and i was in a room directly across from reception so i heard all of those interactions. if you like a quiet place, this probably isn’t it.

all of the staff are wonderful, very nice, and helpful. and it is a great location close to a lot of things. those two things get 5 stars. it is a cute place. very antique “french”, or shabby french chic, and i liked my room for the most part (i personally found the bed too hard, and the pillows too soft) you won’t find many modern amenities, but it’s very charming and i loved the chandelier, high ceilings, beautiful old hard wood floors, and crown molding of my superior room. and the windows are beautiful as well, just not noise reducing. it is in the middle of a cafe / bar district with lots of options nearby, so if you are looking to be a quick walk to places & night life, and noise doesn’t bother you, this a basic, yet charming french hotel. just understand that it will be noisy, and it’s bare on the amenities. (no fridge, coffee is instant packets). for me, it was fine for a two night stay before my apartment was ready, but personally i would not have wanted to stay longer.

Warm clean and very central.
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

No safe in room and desk not secure enough to keep anything.

Warm clean and very central. Superior room was great. Bathroom great Great choice at breakfast

A very disappointing hotel in a lovely town.
    • Comfort Double Room

Room was very small and bathroom was tiny. Outlook was onto a grimy internal yard. The breakfast offering was meagre, expensive (14 euros each) and laid out in a corridor. We had to ask the single waitress to replenish everything as there was virtually nothing on offer when we arrived, even though it was only half way through the breakfast time. Checkout on the evening before an early departure was disorganised - first invoice presented was for double the correct amount.

Friendly staff on reception. Bed was reasonably comfortable. Location is central and near a metro station.

This is my fourth stay here and I just love this little...
    • Comfort Double Room

This is my fourth stay here and I just love this little hotel. The staff and location cannot be beat. The staff will help you with anything and give you the best recommendations. The hotel is in the perfect spot with a metro right outside, near so many shops and restaurants. If you know to expect the short flight of stairs, this is just the best little place.

Very good location
    • Authentic Double Room

I stayed at room number 2 it was in front of reception. Time to time was noisy but no sound from outside isolation of windows was good.

Very good location

Perfectly located
    • Comfort Double Room

Not hotel fault but quite expensive parking ~28eur in private parking and ~31eur in public for 24 h.

Perfectly located Super friendly staff Fresh pies for breakfast

Perfect location in the center of Lyon, in the place...
    • Comfort Double Room

Perfect location in the center of Lyon, in the place Bellecour, just across the Tourist Office and the metro. 10 minutes walk from the Old Town, and with really nice views from the window. Great value for money, I totally recommend it.

Very bad!!! not to live the hotel again in future!!!
    • Comfort Double Room

we have booking one standard room with two bed, but the receiptioner has told us there is only one room with one biger bed , and there isn’t standard room with two bed for last two days, wha are you to accept our booking via internet? Angry with poorer breakfast too, not the three star class hotel!

The right place
    • Comfort Double Room

You have to mind the stairs, however but, they will help you!

Stefania and Pierre were really helpful in a time of great difficulty for us, I can't find the words to describe it, and the hotel is really beautiful. The point is, they go out of their way to make your stay memorable. Thank you a lot everyone!

very comfortable beds in a clean, silent room
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

the french bread: too hard to bite

very comfortable beds in a clean, silent room good practical shower / toilet separated from the bathroom daily clean towels very good location

Lyon s a massive city with lots of wide street car free, great shopping for shoes!
    • Comfort Double Room

The breakfast was not worth 14 e unless you were used to meat and cheese for breakfast!

The staff were fantastic and for an older couple the location was excellent. Hop on hop off bus right outside the door.

Great location, charming rooms, very helpful staff, but some old-fashioned drawbacks.
    • Comfort Double Room

The amenites are basic, the bathroom is very small, and there is no air conditioning. There is no elevator, so expect to carry your luggage up one or more flights of stone stairs on arrival.

Charming rooms, lovely staff, great location.

Wonderful city, lovely hotel

We had no complaints.

The location is fabulous - a fifteen minute walk to the Old Town, a two minute walk to the Metro and a five minute walk to restaurants and bars. Our room had a massive bathroom and a comfy bed.

Staff were excellent.
    • Authentic Double Room

Staff were excellent. Offering tea on our very early arrival, which was no issue. They were happy to provide map and information, book an early taxi for our early departure. The room had a lovely view and comfy bed.

Perfectly located hotel with antiquated charm at a reasonable price

The bathrooms were very basic but I understand they're about to be renovated.

I took the best rooms in the hotel (2 and 22). They have incredible charm and I am very happy I chose this hotel. The rooms are basically lovely traditional rooms you expect to find in a 1900 bourgeois flat in Lyon.

Can't wait to come back.
    • Comfort Double Room

The two girls at the front desk. Charming and pretty. Found us resteraunts, parking, things to do, etc. even mailed us things we left behind. Very attentive. Couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Lovely hotel .........Sleeping with Place Bellecour
    • Prestige Double Room

Breakfast included fresh and plentiful food. It is so central, Place Bellecour is well connected to the metro,trams and buses.The hotel is in a very historic building.The room is lovely.... Expensive for me ,,,but I like this hotel.

Central location but no parking place available
    • Comfort Double Room

We had to park the car in an underground parking that was extremely expensive. Small room with the window looking on the backyard court. When you enter the room the smell is not pleasant and if you open the window it's even worst.

the location is very good. The room was clean.

The staff were nice and the location is perfect.
    • Comfort Double Room

We booked in a hurry and did not notice that the room had no airconditioning. Had assumed that a 3star hotel would. A sleepless night in Lyons. Silverfish running around on the bathroom floor were also an unpleasant surprise.

The staff were nice and the location is perfect.

V pleased, thanks.
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

I booked a courtyard room and anticipated a garden in the courtyard. There was no garden just an opening for sunlight in the building structure.

Excellent location and easily-available, helpful staff

Charming hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

There was some confusion with the parking. We had booked a space directly with the hotel and when following their directions we couldn't find the car park as it led us to a pedestrian only zone. So rather than stress about it we parked across the street from the hotel which didn't cost anymore than what we were expecting. Also expect lots of mosquitos when sleeping with the window open because of no climate control in the room (we knew about no air con- just didn't consider the mosquitoes which is not the hotel's fault!)

The location was central and easily accessible. A lovely walk across the bridge to the tourist restaurants and furnicular. Staff were very friendly and communicated very well before the stay. The room itself was large and had a special charm.

Location of the hotel is excellent, very friendly staff,...
    • Comfort Double Room

No aircon - for summer temperatures may be an issue.

Location of the hotel is excellent, very friendly staff, room we had was in a antique style - extremely satisfying to enjoy the spirit of Lyon.

Very quiet, large room;
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

It was a very hot weekend and it was difficult to cool down the room, which is why I didn't give top marks to "Comfort".

Very quiet, large room; comfortable bed, great shower!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Good location but basic accommodation.
    • Comfort Double Room

Rm 24 was small, dark, stuffy and although listed as "courtyard view") it was actually just an tight open space between buildings. The drain pipe for the toilet upstairs was next to the window so you heard every flush. Breakfast was minimal and did warrant a 14€ Charge.

The location was good near main shopping and metro

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Location is great.
    • Comfort Double Room

There is no air conditioning in the room, and it was very warm in the summer. There is street parking very close (and cheap), so don't fall for the hotel charging you close to 30 Euros for parking - and parking might not even be at the same hotel, but in a neighbor hotel.

Location is great.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Enjoyable stay in Lyon
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

The staff helped me with my heavy suitcase otherwise having no lift could have been a problem. Breakfast not particularly good hot instant coffee not ground coffee, croissants rather doughy, some of the fruit tinned.

Very well appointed room with a bath and two showers, comfortable bed, very good WIFI, very helpful staff. Wonderful location would be hard to find better.

Charming, perfect location, great staff
    • Comfort Double Room

Nothing only note that there is no lift for the stairs but staff are happy to help with bags.

Perfect location and lovely room in a charming hotel made even better by exceptional staff.

A good stay for one night.

The second room (category Charme) was recently -well- restorated with a nice bathroom, but to get there we had to pass the breakfast room and kitchen and the window opened to a corridor, so we could not open the curtains.

The location in Place Bellecour is excellent and the public parking directly under the place, the cost for 24 hours about 24€. We had 2 different rooms, one Deluxe which was very nice and well equipped with teakettle, tea bags etc.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

A nice suggestion to stay at Lyon
    • Comfort Double Room

Abolutely the coffee and the wifi

Centrally located hotel next to public transportation with nice decorated rooms.very nice and kind people at the reception .Delicious breakfast with different kind of cakes each day but dont but the coffee is terrible and we taste them all.Also in our room the wi fi doesnt exist although it was fairly good at the reception.A

Lisset at the front desk welcomed us with a smile.
    • Comfort Double Room

Lisset at the front desk welcomed us with a smile... made us feel at home. She was very helpful suggesting a few nice restaurants nearby for dinner and local attractions.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

I arrived later than the stated check in time so I emailed...
    • Prestige Double Room

I arrived later than the stated check in time so I emailed them to let them know and they were very prompt in replying to say they would still be there until I arrived. Great service and reassuring to know.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Great value for money for this familial hotel right in the centre of Lyon
    • Comfort Double Room

The wifi connection was a bit poor in the room. However it worked perfectly in the hotel's public areas.

All the staff was very nice and always trying to accommodate the guests. I arrived early and my room wasn't ready but they kindly offered to keep my luggage so I could go visit Lyon without worrying about it. Breakfast was also delicious with a lot of homemade cakes!

A perfect stay at New Year's !
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

the bed cushion was too high for me, but this is really a personal problem.

We appreciated the tranquility of the room, as well as its size and the fact that the bathroom/WC were separate and extremely clean. The breakfast was very generous and enjoyable, the staff most helpful. The location of the Hotel is perfect and in walking distance to many places of interest, e.g. museums, etc.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Great location for see Ing
    • Authentic Double Room

Room was lovely with great view of the square. Staff were excellent and hotel was very well placed to visit the areas of Lyon we had wanted to visit.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Good location but no soundproof rooms
    • Comfort Double Room

No soundproof rooms. We could hear everything from the room next door and we couldn't sleep at night for that reason

Very good location and friendly staff! Breakfast also was good

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

horrible room ; holes on the walls ; entering in a hotel looking like an old house
    • Comfort Double Room

everything except for location .Not siutable for older people or people with disabilities. It was a clean place, biut too hot, too colourful ( shocking pink room), too bad taste . A case were images lie .

nothing was nice, except for location.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Lovely hotel, friendly staff.
    • Comfort Double Room

The shower head was a little temperamental, but this in no way spoiled our stay.

On the edge of the Place Bellecour, this was a wonderfully central location. The welcome was friendly (they understood my stilted French and were happy to explain things in English) the twin room was luxurious, clean and the beds were fabulously comfortable. We were within walking distance of everywhere and the old city is definately worth a visit. Breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of options, friendly service and lovely coffee. Wifi connection was intermittant in our room, but we weren't there to surf the internet so it wasn't a huge problem. I'd recommend the hotel

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Good location, expensive breakfast
    • Comfort Double Room

The breakfast wasn't included in the price and was too expensive to add on at 14 Euros per person per day!

The location was good and the staff was friendly!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

compact and squashed
    • Comfort Double Room

the size of the room was shocking not what the picture showed on the booking.com pictures .... never stayed in a smaller room .. no sitting area for the hotel ... smoking area was on a set of stairs ... felt like a school kid having a fly fag in a tenement close before school

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

• Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

Sign on entrance led us to think hotel was closed initially.

Location. Good size room and very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Nice big room in a good location
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

No lift. No milk supplied for drinks.

Nice big room in a good location

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great location, lovely traditional decor in beautiful building

Nothing of note.

Excellent location, very roomy accommodation, quiet room bearing in mind the location

Poor air conditioning.
    • Comfort Double Room

Poor air conditioning. Didn’t sleep a wink!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Perfect location, classic room yet could to better for climatisation
    • Comfort Double Room

The climatisation is a bit weak and no elevators...

Excellent location. Just at the bellecour center. Although it is face to a street yet not noisy.

Great location and value for money would stay again
    • Comfort Double Room

Superb location, underground public parking very very close. Short walk to the old town

Horrible
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

The bad smell of old houses Not clean No staff at all

Strange entry and corridor up to reception all is normal on arrival

Wi Fi spasmodic

Pleasant receptionist, large bedroom , 2 showers in the bathroom separate w.c. good fan supplied good location

Location was exerlent with good access to sights and parking
    • Deluxe Double Room Courtyard

Property not air conditioned and was very warm

Location was exerlent with good access to sights and parking

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very nice staff,

Very nice staff, Clean place Very good location

Friendly reception, great value

Friendly reception, great value

Close underground public parking.
    • Comfort Double Room

No safe. No coffee facilities.

Close underground public parking. Location.

Very clean and comfortable great location
    • Comfort Double Room

Hard to get suitcases upstairs. Needs tea and coffee facilities

Location is fantastic central to everywhere