Reviews of Hôtel Beauchamps 4 stars

24 rue de Ponthieu, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#678 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Superior Room

I don't feel like the price we paid for the room we got was worth the money. I don't see how it's 4 stars. It was a nice room though! Very clean.

I liked how central it was to everything. Very easy to navigate from to loads of different places in Paris.

• Classic Room

The pictures on bookings.com do not do the property justice. Whilst still enough space to move around, they are relatively small and are made to look enormous in the pictures. The lady at the front desk was also slightly rude when checking out but I think it was more her tone due to language barrier. Housekeeping also woke us up every morning (we late sleepers) even when we had the do not disturb on the handle.

Nice Air-conditioning. Cozy Rooms. Rooms were tidied every time we went out.

• Superior Room

Only very small amount of noise at a neighbouring place - completely out of hotels control but would not deter me from staying again

Perfect location, lovely helpful staff. Very happy and accomodating with any needs we had.

• Classic Family Room

Consierge was not very knowledgeable about booking tours. We paid twice for a river cruise and were not able to book tours we wanted. His knowledge was very limited.

The location was excellent for all the tourist sites.

• Deluxe Room

Stayed in this hotel a year ago and again chose it for a trip to Paris, cause last time liked the location, the room size was very comfortable and had excellent breakfasts. Unfortunately, this time we were disappointed. The room was with windows facing the street, in front of the hotel there is a nightclub: drunken screams until the morning on Saturday night. The hotel was renovating cafe, where previously served breakfast, so breakfast was moved to another room with 6 tables for ALL guests. On Sunday we had to have breakfast in the lobby on the couch cause it was not enough tables. The breakfast was not at all what it used to be: only two types of baking, coffee from a coffee pot, cheap yogurt, minimum fruits. No cheeses, meat cuts, although previously coffee was freshly brewed, cheeses, vegetables, and a varied choice for every taste. At the price of living, these changes did not affect, no one warned about repair works being done, despite our room was located just above the repaired restaurant- a lot of noise during the day. Unfortunately, we will not return to this hotel again. Very sorry.

Location is perfect. Room is well-cleaned and spacious.

• Classic Room

We were asked to pay €150 deposit on top of our hotel bill upon arrival by cash or by blocking our cards. This was unexpected and not great if you are not prepared to keep €150 aside before arrival. Staff were quite abrupt about it. €5 for a water bottle from the minibar is ridiculously expensive so ensure you take your own! Walls need a fresh lick of paint.

The Rooms were spacious with a safe, wardrobe and table. Coffee and tea was supplied although You had to drink them in a paper cup? Hotel was very clean. Great location, very near to the station and champs Elysee.

• Classic Room

Housekeeping. It got worse and worse the longer we stayed there. After a few days bathroom glasses were not washed, toiletries weren't replaced, etc. The hallway was pitch dark when we left our rooms because the sensor just outside our door to turn the hallway lights on was not working . I told front desk about this on the first day but it wasn't fixed. Also, someone put a chair in front of our door in the hallway and it was made it harder for us to get in and out of our room. Also the room was so small that there was literally about 1 foot between the edge of the bed and the wall. Every time I had to pass that area I bumped into the window handles that were protruding into the 1 foot walkway.

The front desk was very nice and helpful. They were very pleasant at check in and went out of their way to lend us an adapter for the plugs because we forgot ours. They also helped us arrange for tours and stored our luggage after checkout. The bed was comfortable and the toiletries were a good quality. Location was close to Champs Elysee.

• Classic Room

The only negative I had was the size of the rooms. I’m fairly tall (6ft3 or 192cm) and luckily my girlfriend and I only stayed for a long weekend and had one luggage. With a second luggage there would honestly not have been any room for us to move in the bedroom. Additionally the rose bar was only open until 11:00 or 11:30 pm which is a bit early in my opinion but the staff was friendly enough to still serve us.

The hotel was perfectly situated, very clean a small super friendly staff!

• Classic Family Room

The lift is a little small

The beds and pillows were some of the most comfortable we've used, the location is just shy of the champselese which means you're basically on it but you miss on its noise. The staff were all absolutely excellent and very accommodating to all of our needs.

• Superior Room

Late times for room cleaning meant one day we came back to our room after a day out and it hadnt yet been cleaned. Whilst they wanted to clean it we were too tired to let them have the room

Lovely room especially the bathroom

• Superior Room

Negative; Housekeeping did not clean room each day , Noise Screaming from Clubs near by to 5 am morning, Garabage pick up at 6 am very noiseing, charging for bottle water 5 euros , they do not cook bacon , raw !! Pancakes should warm in a chaffing dish or warmer, the Morning staff is very helpful, they need to train manager & staff , too many steps no trays clean up !! The Tv should be upgrade with movies & better service , more English Channel s

Positive items: Staff at Desk , breakfast excellent, cleanliness., property location, daily newspapers, internet, They need directions & loving care! Need to update hallways dark !

• Classic Room

Sometimes the complimentary tea and coffee tray wasn’t replenished but that was sorted very quickly.

Comfy bed, brilliant shower and central location. Staff all friendly and helpful.

• Classic Room

The bathroom was right next to the bed. It was kind of bizarre - when you completely close the sliding door of the bathroom, there was a gap in which you could see what's happening in there :D

The hotel is literally on 2 minutes from Champ Elysees. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is exceptional! A lot of various and tasty foods - pancakes, sandwiches, meats, cereals, coffee, jams, milk, juices, cannot be better!

• Classic Room

Room very small, scrambled eggs were terrible (tasted like powdered eggs) Lift small & took long to arrive

Location was great & staff very helpful

• Deluxe Room

Very friendly and accommodating staff. I needed a pull out bed for my son and I called ahead and was in place when we arrived. Very friendly in the restaurant also. Did not overcharge me for the kids at the Breakfast buffet Eur10 each, very fair.

• Deluxe Room

We has to request extra towels after the room was serviced, not a big deal, but unnecessary.

Service was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Location fab.

• Classic Room

- One detail: The booking in process took longer than I would expect compared to other hotels. At one stage 2 staff were booking in 2 separate guests in front of me and it took at least 10 minutes. If booking in could be done in under 4 minutes that would be great. - I use booking.com and staff did not respond to my eMessage sent from the app which is a shame as using that indicates a very responsive digital service.

Great location for Right-Bank, fashion district, shopping, Louvre, Eiffel etc activities; friendly and courteous staff; given it's location, 2 minutes walk from Champs-Élysées, and not far from the great Harry's Bar, I considered the price good value for money. Modern, clean rooms and functional bathrooms. Nice lobby with sitting areas for reading/laptops.

• Superior Room

the lobby area was a bit poor in décor

the bed was amazingly comfortable, the light in the bathroom was just right the heating was working and easy to adjust the light in the cupboard was fantastic the coffee/tea facility in the room was an extra bonus always hot water available for a shower and it worked really well the electricity sockets next to the bed to charge the phone was the best :)

• Classic Room

Images displayed for the room are not same as the one given. Room was very small. Staff behavior on reception is very bad. Better look for other options. Not recommended.

• Classic Room

On the website the rooms look extremely spacious. We stayed for 3 days and we practically had to live out of our suitcase. By far the smallest room I have ever stayed in. No where to put your stuff! Bathroom was even worse! The only good thing is the location but would 100% not recommend this or stay again

the staff were friendly.

• Classic Room

The front desk staff was sweet, and the bellman (super helpful) The breakfast was horrible and the waitresses seemed bothered when asked for anything. One of the ladies actually told me to brew my own tea in the pot ( when I requested for tea), and became annoyed when i over poured the herbal tea in the brewing pot. Futhermore, the hotel furniture is very misplaced, the Rosay Bar looks nothing like it does in the photo at allllllll, true disappointment as my partner and I was thrilled (but sadly disappointed). Lastly, I slept with my door open (unlocked) yes, I was not able to lock it because the lock was broke. I mean the actual lock fell out of the door, i complained multiple times, but the staff ignored my request for safety. This property deserves 3 stars and that's just for the comfort of the bed. I paid around 380 USD for my room. Please understand I'm writing this review so you guys can improve, as I am in the business and understand both sides of some short comings, but somethings are unacceptable.

comfy bed.

• Superior Room

This is the third time in this hotel, the room is big, but the window is close the street and in the morning there is big noise.

The breakfast is good, rich. The stuffs are all very nice.

• Classic Room

The room was really much smaller than on the pictures, had I known this I would have gone for a different hotel in the price range.

The location is perfect and the breakfast was delicious.

I don’t like the hotel because my room view to the street and very noisy we cannot sleep up to 6 am I don’t feel that I’m in France. Even the staff in the reception are very poor they don’t help you if you need anything the telephone on the room can’t be used if you want to call reception. A lot of things I don’t like it on this hotel and I don’t recommend for anyone

rooms are small

The staff were very helpful, they made our stay very comfortable and helped a lot with our destinations. Location of the hotel is very good, metro stations, Champs-Elysées & many landmark as well as a verity of food & shops are all within walking distance

• Classic Room

The quality did not live up to my expectations like the pictures - rooms look smaller than the pictures

The location was great! Absolutely great 2 minutes walk to Champs Elysee.

• Superior Room

Toiletries supplied could be better quality and room preparation a little sloppy

Great location and comfortable room and big comfy bed in a superior room. Only snag was the noise from the bar across the road which kept my wife awake, but did not disturb me. Ear plugs may be good if you are a light sleeper.

• Classic Family Room

Great location close to shopping and restaurants. Walking distance to catch a tour bus of the city. Friendly front desk staff assisted us in booking tours and offered local recommendations. Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Bad smell in the room. They couldn't do anything about it. They blamed the shower drain and upper floor. But they didn't change it. Bathroom doors don't close completely, so if you're sharing a room, it's not very convenient. The hotel sign is very hard to notice.

• Superior Room

We didn’t eat in the hotel to give it a rating. So many bistrot or boulangerie available and cheap so we went there. The breakfast room didn’t have a Parisienne warmth that you would get from a local place. An we wanted to eat like a local and watch people.

The staff were very warm and welcoming. The concierge was fabulous and booked tickets for us as we needed them for exhibitions. The rooms were very well laid out and lit. Super clean and the bathrooms were spotless and new. The location is perfect you are close to the Saint Philippe De Rule Metro. In one stop you can transfer at Franklin D roosevelt to the yellow line which covers the Tuileries, louvre Hotel de Ville the Marias to Bastille. Fabulous restaurants all around the neighbourhood. Plenty of shopping around if that’s your thing.

• Superior Room

Very clean. Friendly staff and are welcome to speak English. Location was great. Restaurants and bars in the same street. A street off from champ elysee. And the subway station. Staff gave tips regarding sightseeing. We didn't took the hotel breakfast because there were so many brasseries around us.

• Classic Family Room

Family room was not a family room but two rooms with a corridor. Pillows were poor. Breakfast is too expensive 19 euros per person. The rooms faced on to a lightwell which, at the first floor was very dark.

• Classic Room

Overall the stay was good. The room was TINY! only just enough room for one person with one large suitcase. The room that I had was fine for just me but I would not recommend for a couple.

The bed was comfy, the bathroom facilities were very good. Wifi was free and fast. Location was excellent, quick walk to a metro station and Champs Elysee. The Hotel staff were SO lovely, they really made the stay.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Classic Room

The cleaning lady should improve her expression and cleanliness when cleaning the room

The front operation staff exceeded my expectations, they were very nice, friendly, helpful.

• Classic Room

Overall bad experience: we had to wait till 16h00 to check in as the room was not ready, in one of the days the room was not cleaned until 19h00, I was charged extra 2 nights because of hotel policy (refunded to credit card at check out), walls of the rooms are too thick you can hear everything happening in the room next door

Location only

• Classic Room

We had no kettle in the room for the first night Was very expensive Breakfast and minibar were way too much money

Friendly staff - bar one, everyone else was extremley helpful Good location - right next to the main street Comfortable room - bed was brilliant and shower room was excellent Good security - keycard needed to get into elevator and room

• Deluxe Room

Yhere is no privacy in this hotel open the door without knocking noisy and let other ppl know abt my information without they ask me and give thim my room number and i got a problem from my work cause they dont have to know that im outside the country

• Superior Room

No standard for housekeeping. I haven’t got the same thing every night. First night I got only big towels. Second night, no refill for shampoo conditioner lotion. Third night no lotion. Not space to keep some stuffs (no drawers)

Location is perfect for us. Reception and concierge were so helpful.

• Classic Room

The room was very small, no one helped me with bringing my suitcase to my room, neither when I checked out, which i expected in a 4 star hotel there would be a bell boy to do so!!!!!

I liked the room and the cleanliness, It was great that it had metro access.

• Deluxe Room

The noise coming from the people at the night club across the road

All staff were so freindly.. the location is perfect you have everything you need at walking distance

• Classic Room

Bathroom was super tiny... in fact ridiculous... almost impossible to sit on the toilet... I thought there were limitations on size of bathrooms for 4 star hotels. I work in the industry & the room does not meet minimum criteria. I am Looking into this fact & contacting atout France directly

Location superb... reception staff good.

• Deluxe Room

Room door was very heavy to open, windows were very tricky to operate that affected AC system (they use windows sensor), shower door couldn't shut property so water always flooded the bathroom floor.

Room was nice, bathroom was quite spacious. Staff was really nice and friendly. JUDO from Guest Service was excellent and very helpful.

• Classic Room

Breakfast staff on Sunday and Monday abrupt, breakfast was over charged for what it was, nothing special for 19 euros per head, room was quite small, noisy residents a couple of doors down from my room I could hear them clearly, maybe they need to look at a thicker door. Limited menu available for room service on Sunday night, we wanted something hot, and were told that nothing hot was available.

I liked the decor of the room, and most staff were happy to help and welcoming. Clean place, good location.

• Deluxe Room

There is a nightclub right across the hotel. So there was a lot of noise at the sleeping time.

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Location was great, only 3 minutes to Champ Elysees.

• Classic Room

Excellent service, especially Nils and Helene. Great breakfast selection, bar open late. WiFi that works ALL THE TIME! So close to Metro, Taxi and Champs-Élysées

• Classic Room

1- Room Size is very small 2- Service wasn't good 3- Staff were careless about any requests . 4- Too expensive comparing for such service and hotel size 5- Food at the breakfast wasn't good !! in terms of quality and variety

Only Location

• Deluxe Room

The room and staff were great had a beautiful honeymoon, and joda is a staff that tride his best to make it the best honey moon so thanks a lot your the best

• Classic Room

Didn't have the breakfast as seemed a little expensive for what looked to be on offer.

Warm and friendly staff. Comfy room which was kept extremely clean and an amazing shower in the bathroom. The hotel was a stones throw away from the champs Elyse and the access to public transport links to get around the city were just as close. Nice restaraunts / cafes and bars located near by.

• Classic Family Room

Excellent location. Very convenient. Lots of restaurant and super markets close by. Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable rooms. Good size and updated.

• Classic Room

The location is great, practically on champs-elysees and next to metro stations. The breakfast offered by the hotel is excellent and very tasty. Besides, in the rosé bar (the bar of the hotel), cocktails are served and we were offered a free welcome drink. Room service offers tasty food until 11pm. The bed in the room is also very comfortable and the bathrooms are very modern. Besides, if you arrive by car, the hotel has a deal with a parking lot nearby (claridge parking), where you can park for 25€ per 24 hours instead of 39€. The staff of the hotel is very friendly and helpful, and will do everything to make you feel at home and to make your stay in Paris even more perfect. This hotel with it's amazing service will be your home away from home. I will definitely return here for my next stay in Paris!

• Classic Room

Nothing at all everything was perfect

Location is excellent very near champselysee street, area is very safe even at night. Hotel is very clean an staff are very helpful. Te manager and te manager substitute are available anytime even if u send an email they see it directly.

• Superior Room

Really enjoyable stay, staff were very friendly. Excellent location. The hotel let us check in early and stay an hour late. Breakfast was amazing. Cute sweet jars and reception. Very enjoyable stay 😌

• Classic Room

It was just 2 min walking to the champs elysees the area was clean & quiet & there was a cheap parking place in front of the hotel we only paid 50 euros for 3 days !

• Classic Room

View from the room was on the inner yeard, as we were on the first floor, it was impossible to see the sky and get some idea about weather outside. But as long as whole day we were out, enjoying Paris, view from room was not that important.

Staff was very frindly and welcoming. Our door got stuck, we couldn't open it, receptionist immediately called some technical guy, than technical guy called special workers, our door was opend in few minutes; because the discomfort of not being able to get into the room (just for few minutes), hotel gave us free breakfast for next morning; they invited to free breakfast our door neighbours too, because of making little noise while opening our door. Staff was always ready to help and give advices on which landmarks to visit, which transport to use and what was best time for planing visits.

• Classic Room

The bathroom door doesn't close all the way. It's a sliding door, and there is a clear gap. Wasn't a huge issue, but just good to know. Room is small, but location made up for it.

Great location, and the staff was extremely helpful whenever we had questions.

• Classic Room

the hotel didn't look like the pictures it appeared bigger but when we arrived the room was very very small and the lobby was depressing. The hallways were very small also the elevator was tiny

• Superior Room

At check in, they gave us an inferior room without windows. It was only after complaining and refusing to stay in those rooms, that they switched our room. Also, there's a bar across the street from the hotel and there are drunk and loud people outside until 6 am.

The service & the stuff

The location is good. right next to my office but the stuff is very bad , I asked the reception for an empty glass for champagne to celebrate my husbands birthday , they refuse to give it to me . they said "it's the roles in this hotel". I went to the hotel bar to get the glass , the guy said that I have to order a drink from the bar if I want to get the empty glass. I was very disappointed. Bad service ...

None it's perfect.

We didn't expect how close Champ Elysse was- only a small block away, end of the street pastry shop/restaurant/ bar and walking distance to Arch de Triumph (10 min) and Eiffel Tower (20 min). Bilingual check-in staffs/concierge were courteous, friendly and helpful. They gave us 2 adjoining rooms for family of 5 (2/3 beds). It's very quiet, clean, modern and comfortable European size room (5 stars). Love the place!

• Classic Room

The hotel location is superior A few steps from *Franklin D. Roosevelt* Metro station and *Disney Store* Champs Elysees. Very nice classic room! (we asked for a quiet room and the room we received was indeed very quiet!), clean, HD Tv, strong AC with nice control panel, big Safe, comfortable bed and Bathroom. We had breakfast at the hotel - very good and tasty. If you don't want breakfast at the hotel, right in front of the hotel There's a good bakery and coffe. If you cross the street, you'll find the 'Pizza Pino' restaurant (we ate there twice) ask for a table next to a window on the second floor so you can look out over the Champs Elysees. Last but not least - The hotel Staff - Very welcoming and helpful! Special thanks to *Ana*, *Mahmud* And very kind man *Karim* Who ordered us a taxi to the airport and made sure that the taxi arrived on time, even though President Trump had come to visit Paris that day, so some roads were blocked. Karim - We hope to see you again when we will come to the Paris Olympic Games ;-) No doubt we will return to this hotel! strongly recommended!!

• Classic Room

The housekeeper did not change my towel even though I placed it on the shower cabinet floor to indicate a request to change it. They also took away the face towels and didn't replace them.

The location is great and staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

• Classic Family Room

they booked me a room and by the time of arival and as the time was earmy morning i had no choice then accept thereboffer the put me in best in or som no star hotel

• Classic Room

Well after I had made this booking on your website my credit card was compromised and then I had to update my information before travel with my new card details & it was confirmed that the hotel had my new details. When I arrived they did not and would not accept my new card - they even asked to look at a bank statement ???? obviously that wasn't going to happen on my side! So we had to cancel the booking and make a new one - they were less than happy with this and said they could not do anything as Booking.com had not sent the new information - who knows but it was frustrating......... Then we had a leak in our bathroom, coming from the ceiling and the same receptionist the next morning when I went to tell them seemed to feel I did not know what a leak was and practically laughed at me - so when we returned hours later the leak was still dripping and the bathroom was flooded so I called maintenance and they looked then we were moved to another room immediately!!!! Not sure what she was thinking when I said water coming from the ceiling of our bathroom..... All in all the rest of the staff were very nice and the hotel was pretty comfortable I guess she was just an exception!! Also a set of headphones were taken while we were out and about and when I told them at reception they said Oh! Thank you!!!!

• Superior Room

There was smell in bathroom everytime when we took shower , seemed like they have problems with they plumbing system. Hair on the floor in bathroom, and dirty carpet , bedside table was broken and you could see it as walking in to the room , charged 50£ a night deposit , huh so we dont take anything from the room , QUESTION : was there anything to take ? By the way they said it will be automaticty refunded back to the card , but on actual check in I was told it will be refunded to the card by a team member, end of 2nd day after ny check out , still nothing in my bank account! Reception staff being sarcastic most of times , small lift and room attendants with unhappy faces, like we need to get out from the lift just because they have more important things to do ! In general small superiour room and I would recommend, hotel looks a bit worn out ! Lobby and bar design nice ,stylish but plain at the same time , seems like something is missing. At the bar we waited untill bartender finishes his sigarette outside , then we got served , straight after he went back to continue his chat with other team members )) Dont even bother to try connect to wifi , it doesnt work , we stayed on 6th floor and it has no wiev , more like a loft, small apartment , rather than a 4* hotel

Amazing location with great public transport access and lots of restaurants and shops near by

• Classic Room

Not cheap but then you pay for the location. Carpet in the room was worn with a few ominous stains.

Excellent location and friendly staff. Bathroom was new and very clean. We didn't get the chance to use the restaurant but the free sweets on offer in reception are addictive

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Classic Room

A little expensive, especially Room Service rates... no difference in rates between a salad and a main course (or very little).

The staff was very helpful especially Jude and Chaachi. Service was great. Rooms were stylish and comfortable. The breakfast was very good especially the croissants. The location was spectacular

• Classic Room

Rooms could have been bigger in size - slightly cramped in there. Also the view from some of the rooms wasn't so good, ours was a view of the fire escape and could see directly into other peoples rooms when the curtains were pulled back.

Bed was really comfortable. Bathroom was amazing - good decor and power shower. Good service at reception, very polite and patient. All spoke english quite well. Hotel was a 2 minute walk away from major shops and the metro; also several places to eat nearby if eating at the hotel wasn't an option.

• Classic Room

It didn't meet my expectations. The pictures posted online didn't match the reality.

Location. The hotel is located close to Champs-Elysees so you couldn't ask for a better location.

• Classic Room

Evening staff was fairly rude.

The bar was closed one of the days fairly early and we wanted to buy a bottle of water and were told to get it from the mini bar. Which we didn't want because prices are even higher than normal. Some staff were a bit rude but others where extra helpful.

• Classic Family Room

Shower in our room was a bit small, but super nice, updated and very clean.

This Hotel is a hidden gem!! Absolutely fantastic location just a block of the Champs! Several great local restaurants on the side streets that surround the Hotel. There is a MonoPrix nearby to pick up drinks/snacks to keep in your room. Best of all the staff! Wonderful from the time they greeted us upon arrival, was sad to leave this great little spot! Karim was especially helpful! Kuddos!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Superior Room

Was put in attick room where I banged head several times on low beams. Could only access half the room. Was moved following day. For around £200 a night I felt the 1st and 2nd room were below standard. Was there for my silver anniversary and was expecting it to be very good for what I paid. Rooms were good enough for maybe 1 or 2 nights. Not for 5 night stay. Room not same as advertised. Regards James

• Classic Room

The rooms were quite small especially for my husband, but the bathrooms were spacious.

The air conditioning was very good and helped with room temperature. Being able to look out onto the streets was very pleasant and the breakfast was very delicious.

• Classic Room

Breakfast staff were a little rude but the reception / concierge were great

Comfortable room. A little small but beautifully decorated. Club opposite our room but didn't hear a thing all night due to 2 double glazed windows ! Breakfast was small but had hot food, cereals, yoghurts, fruits, croissants, cakes, cold cuts and cheese.... great Location - 2 minutes off the champs Elysee and from a metro. Lots of bars and restaurants around hotel.

• Classic Room

Sometimes the elevator had a very bad smell. The stairs are a little old.

Great location near Champs Elysee. The staff was very kind. The room was very nice, large enough for two persons. The bathroom was also great.

• Classic Room

The staff were warm and accommodating. The bed was extremely comfortable (I wanted one for my home!) Breakfast was good, too! And very nice location. Highly recommend it.

Browse Hôtel Beauchamps traveller photo gallery