Reviews of Amarante Beau Manoir

6 Rue de l'Arcade, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#1317 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The worst hotel ever! Very old furniture, uncomfortable beds. The double bed were in fact two single beds on wheels...and every movement was risky.

Nothing except the location

• Classic Double Room

Our room however, had air conditioning on during our entire stay. Initially, we were told it had airco (which is great, it was very warm outside), it was however impossible to turn it off, which meant a rather cold night & morning. Inside the shower, there was mould all over the ventilation system... The bed was clean, but everything was rather dusty. In the morning we got up, as a phone was vibrating, but it wasn't ours, it rang next door.

The locations is brilliant, right next to La Place de la Madeleine. We were able to check in earlier than planned.

• Classic Double Room

there was nothing about the hotel I didn't like

We arrived early and welcoming news our room was ready so we could check in. Great large room with an amazing comfy extra large bed - slept extremely well from night one! Each member of staff that we met was just so friendly and helpful. Location was also good just down from place de la concorde - local to useful bus routes.

• Suite

Rooms are outdated, in bad condition, everything (except sheets) was dirty (especially curtains and carpet). Housekeeping was not good. Three days I was waiting for a soap, and three days she didnt move used coffee mugs from the room. Room was near elevator, it was pretty noisy. Avoid room near elevator!

Beds are comfortable! And big ones!

• Classic Double Room

Asked for sheets to be changed and was greeted with rudeness from member of staff. Does not look the spacious way it is in images, small rooms with very little space. I booked the luxury room and although it says king size beds are provided, to my disbelief they joined two single beds together. Cowboy of a hotel. Stay away.

No smoking rooms

The hotel is old, however the atmosphere is so nice. The stuff are friendly, ready to help with any question. Location is perfect! Everything is so close.

• Classic Double Room

Wi-Fi didnt work well. Elevator stopped working the last day. Had some problems with the room heating.

Room was in the 6th floor which was great. There are nice places for breakfast nearby. Central location.

The room (junior suite) was small and cramped for 3 people with luggage. The room was old and dated and in need of update. Carpet tired and thread bare in places. The hotel generally needs a bit more TLC and sparkle in such s great location. Hotels across the street and close by were in much nicer presentation generally and competitive when comparing rates that we even considered moving. But it wasn’t a hotel visit, it was a Paris visit and we were out of the hotel a lot so we put up with it to just sleep in. No view to speak of. Looking out to a building renovation.

Staff at reception excellent , helpful and great English. Breakfast purchased 1 day only was very good. Location of hotel was excellent and close walk to all the key areas.

• Classic Double Room

We changed the room because first room was totally navceptable.and no sugar,coffee, tea & water in room.u have to pay money not like big known hotels. plus i asked them for catel,the heaters and lights was destroyed.

• Classic Double Room

This hotel is in a good location. It's very dated though.when we got to the hotel there did not seem to be a reservation for us. They then advised us they were going to upgrade us which was fine. The room was big enough. The lightening was very poor in the room as there was only lamps and no ceiling light. The bathroom had no where on the wall to hang up the shower head u had to keep it in your hand. If u opened the bathroom window it was just a construction site. This construction site was banging non stop from 8am on the sat and again at 7.30 on the mon. So there really was no rest in the hotel. I would be careful ordering taxis from the hotel as there is a 4eur charge for it but u are not advised of this when u book. Also taxi driver brought us on a detour as it was 15.50 to our destination from the hotel and 7.80 back. I did contact the hotel and they advised me the had the pleasure of offering me an upgrade the next time I was in paris cos I'm really going to fly over just for that. I would stay clear of this hotel. It's not what you would call a relaxing place to stay.

At breakfast there were silverfish around the breakfast serving area (near the orange juice. The carpets everywhere were worn, the door locks were flimsy, the shower leaked from the ceiling.

Friendly staff.

• Classic Double Room

The hotel was dated and needs a significant upgrade inside and we got bitten alive by mosquitos while sleeping at night.

The central location close to several metro stations, the cleanliness of the room, the spaciousness of the room which was exceptional by Paris standards, and fast free wifi.

• Classic Double Room

I was not informed that the breakfast was not included. They charged me 20 euros for each day. So expensive!!! The photos os the room do not correspond to reality. The hotel is old, the walls are dirty. I do not recommend this hotel. I feel stolen.

• Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

A member of the staff tried to charge us 40 EUR per night for an extra room for our son, even though we had booked a family room. He did however accept our arguments and we didn't have to pay extra.

Great location and luxurious interior.

• Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

With the price we paid, I expected a better breakfast. The breakfast area was cleared 15 mins before the time the breakfast should finish. This is unacceptable. Also the quality of the breakfast was not so good.

• Classic Double Room

No tea and coffee making facilities. Rooms need an upgrade as the wallpaper looked rather tired.

Location was excellent. Rooms were comfortable. Metro is only 2 minutes walk.

• Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The hotel advertised "air conditioning" our room and 3 other guest complained in the middle of the night of no air conditioning. We could open the windows but the traffic and construction on the building noise caused a lack of sleep. This was my first trip to Paris and the experience here makes it my last. Management tried to move us to a cooler room but it was broken too. Then to add to the heat we had accommodations for 3 "family room" and the new room only had 1 bed. It had a pull out sofa but when the slip cover came off the sofa looked as if a dog chewed on it because it was ripped in several places. It also looked stained. We are a family that likes to camp and this room was the worst than sleeping on the ground. My husband was going to sleep on the couch but it was so disgusting we all sleep sidesays across the only bed. It was the worst hotel!

The service we received during breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Staff somewhat rude. Not allowing check-in until it was exact 2 pm. We were there 1 hour before. Not even 5 minutes to 2 pm. Asking us to wait. Well it takes at least 5 minutes to process check in with somebody with confirmed booking. Torn lounge in room covered with a grey sheet. Such was the lounge which should go to junkyard not in a so called 4 star hotel. Dirty chair with stains.

Location only.

• Classic Double Room

I couldn't figure out how the shower worked - it was set up in the bath. Instead I just took baths.

I had breakfast outside the hotel. The room was comfortable and well appointed. I found the Reception staff to be very helpful. A nice touch was having apples available to eat near reception?

• Suite

No hot water on several occasions General decor very poor Lift no working on one day, room on the fifth floor Staff not friendly, not helpful Pre paid for a suite £780 for 3 nights rip off Better in a traveloge

• Classic Double Room

I was staying at this hotel 24-28/5 2017, and became badly bitten by VERMIN during my stay there. I´ve contacted my physician directly the same day I left the hotel, and he confirmed it. I´ve sent the message with the pictures with the marks at my body to the hotel, and the person who answered me wrote that it was somewhere else I became bitten, but not at this hotel. Nonsense as I´ve got marks already the same day as I left the hotel, and the pictures are dated! I answered with the e-mail (twice!) where I asked for the contact details to the owners, but still haven't got any answer. Being a 4* property it is not acceptable! In general, the hotel has old furnitures, textiles and carpets in the rooms/building, and hotel's cleaning crevice is not the best one - as for example my room remained unclean last day I was staying at the hotel. And, obviously, VERMIN! And very poor customer care!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Getting the room you book rather than having to sort it on arrival after a long day travelling

The rooms I booked were not twin separate beds as I requested I had my 3 teenage children with me who wanted there own bed . This was fixed the following day .but stressful when we arrived `.I also requested no ground floor room as they are dark and noisy from previous experiance .Again we were allocated a ground floor room but we we were moved to an alternative better grade room at the same price .I have stayed many times at this hotel on business trips .Its location is the no 1 factor .

• Classic Double Room

No tea and coffee making facilities. It took 2 days for an electric kettle to become available. The rooom needs updating eg wallpaper looks old.

Location was excellent. Room was comfortable and very clean.

There was no ice.

After seeing some negative reviews on TripAdvisor, we were skeptical. But the price through Booking.com was unbeatable, so we gave it a try. It was perfect! We had three adults for 9 nights (hard to accommodate in Paris), but they upgraded us to their largest suite and provided extra padding for the pull out bed and everything was very comfortable and clean. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and housekeeping was attentive. The Wifi worked (except for a couple of hours one night). The AC was perfectly adequate (though the weather was not particularly hot when we were there). The minibar was stocked, and we enjoyed the little wine bar in the lobby sitting area - which is beautifully appointed with historic touches and is very lovely and pleasant. The hotel could not be better located. Staying near the Place de Madeleine is a perfect choice for ease of sightseeing, museums, shopping, dining, gourmet foods, and transport. The Metro is nearby and a taxi stand is just steps away from the hotel. The taxis in Paris, by the way, are terrific and very affordable. Many great sights - including the Madeleine church, Opera, Place de Concord, Tuileries, and Louvre are also very walkable from this location. We did not sign up for the breakfast, preferring to venture out to the numerous nearby cafes. But we did wind up spending about the same amount as we would have if we had ordered from the hotel. I would highly recommend this lovely little hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Classic Double Room

We had a problem with water temperature/no hot water at one point. That was about the only negative

The staff were lovely to us the entire time and we loved the traditional style of the hotel!

• Classic Double Room

The taps of the washbasin and bathtub was broken so it was always too hot water coming from the taps. Although I said it to staff 3 times they didnt fix it. There was no place to hang the shower. It wasn't possible to even wash my face because of very hot water. There was cracks on the walls of the hotel. Not renovated. I don't recomment it.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Classic Double Room

I was in a ground floor room, which was noisy at night with people walking past on the street

The hotel was in a good location, but was a little tired in its decor. I expected a bit more for a room costing €200 per night

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

We arrived after a flight to Brussels then a train to Paris and finally a taxi to the hotel. They were able to store our bags while we walked around Paris. The staff was most friendly and ready with a recommendation for dinner at a nearby delicious restaurant. The room had a great set up for a family as their was a low partition between the beds. We could see our daughter but she wasn't directly next to us. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. I wish we were able to stay longer than one night.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Classic Double Room

Bathroom has a few issues. No ventilation and not very good shower.

Location is fabulous, elegant and near the metro, Madelaine, restaurants and Champs Elysees. Staff is helpful and friendly. Room is comfortable, air con/heating OK, wifi and very clean.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Classic Double Room

Separate and/or larger bedding ( I was sharing with my daughter)

Bedroom was small as per expectation of Paris accommodation and all facilities were as advertised. Upon arrival identified bathroom floor has not been thoroughly cleaned following previous guest however all other was very good. Location excellent for walking access and/or train.

The place looks decrepit. The lights in the room did not work. Impossible to see anything in the closets. Mildew in the closets. We should have had a curtain to separate the double bed from the sofa bed but there was only a rod....... The showered did not work.

• Classic Double Room

The floor and walls and the curtains were old and not that clean.

The location was awesome, 5 minutes walk to the concord and rafayette center. The staff were very friendly, the bed and the bathroom were really clean.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The mini suite was a medium sized bedroom with a double and single but the single was missing a suitable base so every time you moved a section fell out ,that was the second room option after I asked to move as the first one was dreadful!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

The room was not as per the picture, the safe did not work, there was no shower and the bath tub plug did not work, breakfast was poor and had no selection. Overall terrible and I would not prescribe anyone to stay there. Absolutely terrible all round. Gbb

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bathroom old & cold. The 'shower' wasn't a real shower. You personal have to hold it above your head, while sprizz on the floor (no covering, no cabine). Tiny bathtube. The heater in the bedroom was a electric one. Definetly not state of the art...

Very friendly staff. Room was big.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Classic Double Room

The hotel room could have included complimentary water and coffee.

The hotel is in a great spot. Close to the metro and a 5 min walk to Concord. Also if you like shopping, Lafayatte mall is within a walking distance.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Wouldn't say it is a 4 star hotel. Little old and tatty and no extras in the room like tea coffee etc.

Location is great and the decor is classic Parisian. Staff are friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Very small room. Quite dark and bathroom was very dated.

Fantastic location, small dark room but we'll heated. Large lovely fluffy white towels. Very comfy bed and linen.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Classic Double Room

The toilet is so small that i could not close the door when sitting, totally claustrophobic!The bath tub was dirty, i could not use the shower tube, it was only for decorating purposes; the whole shower appliance was dirty and full of calc, i did not use the bathtub as i would have liked; it also clogged when taking a shower; the room is very small for a 4 star hotel, it looks darker because of the blue walls; furniture and doors are from heavy wood, hard to use or push; it is an old building which has been refurbished; quite disappointed of a 4 star hotel...

The room was well isolated, it was warm and quiet, the curtains made it very dark, we slept very good, although the bed was rather small; the price/quality report is good although very far from a 4 star hotel...but the staff is friendly! 10 min walk to the nearest metro station-Madeleine

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Hotel is a little tattered. Needs some interiors TLC & updating. Could be wonderful. Breakfast over-priced, so never taken at the Hotel.

Location was great. Some of the desk staff were lovely. Bellmen were very helpful. Room sizes seemed good for Parisian Hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

2 single beds stuck together does not make a double. The breakfast was a expensive as far as hotels go. Room was very warm with no air conditioning. Shower took a a lot of pulling. Stained carpet on the wall. No view from the window. Really expensive considering the quality.

Location, nice but expensive breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not quite enough lighting in the room itself but this seems to be the trend in hotels these days.

Good location at a reasonable price in the middle of the Madeleine district in Paris. Whilst a bit 'tired' in some of its furnishings, the hotel was very comfortable and the staff were very helpful. Breakfast was fine even though we were a bit late for it the staff were very obliging.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Room was not like as displayed in the photos. Not compliant with the money paid for it

I will give 10 out of 10 rank for Location, Staff behavior and Hospitality. Hotel staff are very cooperative and polite. Thanks to all receptionists and Mr. Azad

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Illumination of rooms is poor, everything is older and dirtier than in pictures. The pictures show a lovely place, but we found a dark and old room and furniture.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Leaving

Clean, comfortable and it had everything we needed. Staff helpful and great attention to detail. Emailed me a couple of days before check in and offered to do some shopping for me so stuff I needed was already there. Nice! Great location too!

• Classic Double Room

I thought it was a queen bed but turn out to be a double bed. The room can get stuffy as no air conditioning when we were there.

The receptionist and concierge staff were very helpful and can speak English very well. The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Rating could be higher if they have provided our requested baby cot. They didn't even tell us before or during our stay that they have none to offer. We needed to keep asking the receptionists for it and they didn't keep us updated on its availability. My 9mo baby daughter kept on waking up in the nights 3-5 times because of co-sleeping in our bed.

(Nearly) Good room facilities & hygiene. Quaint and nicely decorated lobby & rooms. Fabulous cellar breakfast room & great varieties of food. Shame they don't do proper baguettes, croissants & pain au chocolates

• Classic Double Room

The over-all look of the hotel. There are a lots of technical issues: AC not working, leak from ceiling, cleaness of the bathroom, paint of roofs...

The location, close to madeleine and champs elysėes. The will from the team to please us and find solutions to our needs. Waitresses at the breakfast are very kind and nice to their clients

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The wifi, which was a specific point for us in the search of a hotel was challenging. We had to get two different routers from the helpful staff at the reception, but it still played up, but since we were only there for three nights we decided to wait till we got back home for uninterrupted internet connection.

The friendly and helpful staff and the space. The croissants are also a thing to highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Wi-Fi not very good without router box on second day and still a bit hit and miss. Bathroom a bit tired.

Air con thankfully working beautifully in 37 degrees heat outside. Great location and friendly helpful staff. Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Suite

The hotel is old and needs renovation, the air conditioner wasnt working in the suit so we had to change rooms..

Tha staff are nice and the location is good.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

- we did not have the opportunity to try the breakfast, so can not judge it (there is a bakery very near with very nice choice of pastires and others, so enjoyed breakfast there)

- very friendly employees - bed and pellow quality is fantastic - location is very convenient - french, italian, chinese and korean restaurant very near as well as a very good bakery - very quiet rooms

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Supposed to get a Junior suite. Never got it. We had a queen size bed and a single size pull out couch in one room. There wasn't a separate room as shown in the photo on the website that we reserved. We didn't get the room we thought we reserved, but we were too tired to complain. The room was very quiet, a plus considering construction was next door. You may want to confirm that you got the room that you think you reserved when booking. Subway was a 7 minute walk. The Italian restaurant next door was very good. A bit pricey, but the best food we had during our 3 night stay. If you are looking for coffee to go, Starbucks is the only place you can buy and take out.

The Staff was friendly. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, cold cuts, dried fruit, oatmeal, expresso, coffee, tea, pastry, baguette, sausage,everything was fresh, but not sure it was worth E22 per person per day. You can do better at a cafe, but it's difficult to find eggs and cereal for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Classic Double Room

The internet connection is not good. Besides they don't offer facilities enough to be considered a 4 star hotel.

Very nice staff. All of them were friendly and helpful.

• Classic Double Room

İt was dirty, there is not hot water, clima was not working, breakfast was awful.

the location

Lady at the reception!

Location, king size bad!

• Classic Double Room

Too hot so had to keep the window open all the time.

Great location, clean and large room.

Bad rooms, waiting for renovation

Good location and very friendly staff

• Classic Double Room

Air conditioning not working in the room. Too hot and 3€ for a bottle of 500ml of water it’s far too much

Staff sempre gentile e premuroso

• Suite

2 days did not work WIFI!!!!!!!!!

Amaizing and very friendly Anastasia

• Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Initial room did not have a standing shower

Good breakfast in the cellar area below reception

• Classic Double Room

No coffee pack and equipment for boiling water in the room.

Nice bedding and breakfast.

Slightly dated and room smaller than expected

The room to dark

the room

• Classic Double Room

Hotel is centrally located to many shops and restaurants and transportation

• Classic Double Room

Toilet very small, could not close door while sitting.

• Classic Double Room

Small elevator and low lights in the room.

Staff

• Classic Double Room

It needs a major renovation!

Very fussy old hotel, rooms are not sound proof so prepare to hear all what happens in the corridors and other rooms.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The accommodations were rundown and extremely small rooms

Location only

very pleasant staff

• Classic Double Room

Staff very welcoming on arrival; always on hand to help. Quiet room and very pleasant stay.

• Classic Double Room

Bed too soft. No tea & coffee making.

Location was excellent. Friendly staff. Good size.

Browse Amarante Beau Manoir traveller photo gallery