Reviews of Hotel Beaumarchais 3 stars

3 Rue Oberkampf, 11th arr., 75011 Paris, France

#1176 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Double or Twin Room

Our reservation was messed up and they gave us (a friend and I) a double bed instead of two twin beds. They ended up finding a room for us that had a double bed that was two twins pushed together and made them up as two beds for the second night we were there but we had to sleep in the same bed the first night. Dealable, but not what we reserved. The room itself was a little worn, though clean. It'd seen some better days.

Staff was very friendly and available 24/7. We ended up getting one of the most spacious rooms in the hotel, unintentionally. Our particular room was more spacious than normal Paris hotels. Great location in a nice neighborhood, lots of cute shops and brasseries around.

Bathroom so small you couldn’t even get undressed in it. Old finish, rusty shower rail etc. Didn’t have breakfast as was €12 extra and already felt overcharged at €360 for two nights!! Safe didn’t work and power sockets failed but there was a storm so might’ve been that..

Comfy beds, friendly staff, good location.

The shower is a little bit small but very manageable.

The staff here are absolutely wonderful, so friendly and helpful. The rooms are super clean and comfortable, great value for money!

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was so small you could hardly turn in it. No hooks or shelves to put anything. Had great room overlooking courtyard so nice and quiet. Would have liked a kettle for tea/coffee making in the room.

Great location - staff very helpful and friendly.

Well, everything need to be refurbished. I strongly advice to change the shower tend from dark brown to white, at least one can see himself while taking the shower: light is insufficient.

Perfect location for my purposes

• Double or Twin Room

Some more facilities would have been useful - e.g. iron

The staff were very friendly and helpful! The hotel itself is in the perfect location - lots of bars and restaurants nearby and easy access to the metro.

• Double or Twin Room

We had some problems with the A/C. I’m also not a fan of floor carpets.

The hotel was pretty much as promised. The staff was excellent and helpful when needed.

Only problem I had was that my hairdryer didn't work but it wasn't that big of a deal!

Best hotel I've stayed in in Paris on a budget. The location was perfect and the room was super comfortable and clean. Metro station a few steps away. Will definitely stay here again.

• Double or Twin Room

Not much to dislike. Rooms and bathrooms a bit small but normal for this type of hotel in Paris. No electric kettle with tea or coffee in room.

The staff was extremely helpful, kind and accommodating. It's in a great neighborhood and close to restaurants, services, markets, metro, and sights. Great value for the price. The nearby parks and canal on the blvd Richard Lenoir (abt one block away) are a hidden gem, a kind of Mini Seine without the tourist crowds, especially the canal and the open market (Tuesdays, Fridays til one pm) which are a quiet alternative to the bustle of nearby Place de Republique (2 blocks).

• Double or Twin Room

The staffs were exceptionally friendly and nice . We reached 6 hours before check in time , and they were kind enough to provide us a room . Very helpful and nice staff . Will recommend anyone to stay here . Room prices were a bit too high for the facilities . However due to their services i would definitely recommend this .

• Double or Twin Room

Very plain rooms. Not too silent, you could hear everything that was spoken in the next room.

Breakfast was very nice. Excellent location with interesting shops etc.

I'm quite slim, and the shower in my room was only just big enough for me. The lift is the same. So beware if you are on the large side, or are claustrophobic in small spaces!

Excellent location for the Bataclan, where I was working. Lots of local restaurants and bars. Only a few metres from the metro. I had a single room, which was cozy but had everything I needed. The breakfast was good, especially the croissants.

• Double or Twin Room

An incredible stay! Hotel was beautiful and very comfortable. The staff were incredibly helpful and proficient at speaking English. One gentleman in particular was eager to help and each morning provided us with an itinerary, including a list of recommended places to visit and how to get there via metro. His help was greatly appreciated and made a major contribution to our overall stay! Thank you Hotel Beaumarchais!

• Double or Twin Room

........room wasn't exactly as it looked in the hotels website photos...no coffee making facilities in the room, however although basic ...it was warm,clean and bathroom was spotless ...the water was piping hot

The location was superb for us, excellent local Parisian cafe & croissant culture, markets were stunning & great transport links.

• Double or Twin Room

Toilet was leaking Shower hose broken - so very little pressure Drilling/ building early in the morning and I was woken by it ):

Staff super helpful

• Double or Twin Room

Due to its location it can be a little loud in the evening - however we were there on a Friday night and our room was facing the street.

Fantastic front desk team. Everyone was so kind and welcoming. There is a very cozy lobby and the location was great. Our room had two classic french windows which overlooked the street, so beautiful!

• Double or Twin Room

The elevator is for one person, 2 max ,if your’e close. I also asked for one bed for couple in advanced, and when I came I discovered two single beds attached, which was very uncomfortable The pictures are misleading the rooms are old and very small. The bathroom is 1.5X1.5 - it’s so small that I can wash my hands while sitting on the toilet. There is only one electrical outlet in the room and it is not near the bed

The staff was very kind to us!!!!! They switched my room very quickly when I complained about the bed. The location is good for the price we paid. There was good WiFi connection.

• Double or Twin Room

We have stayed at the Beaumarchais and will do again next time we are in Paris. It is ideally located, good value for money and the staff are friendly and very helpful. Many speak English although I was trying my best to speak French!

• Double or Twin Room

Hairdryer needs replacing. Haven't seen anything like it for years! Parking is nearby but they have no connection to hotel and is expensive.

Nice simple breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful.

I picked it for the price, so wasn't expecting luxury. The bed wasn't very comfortable, but after walking around Paris all day, I'll sleep on anything. The shower was tiny - and I'm a small person. The breakfast wasn't anything great, but it was a good way to easily start the day. One morning it was too crowded to sit (there are only three tables).

The staff was friendly and helpful, my room was adequate for sleeping, which is really all I did there and it was in a good location (walkable to a lot, including the Metro to get anywhere). As a single, female traveler, I felt very safe in the hotel and in the neighborhood.

I accidentally booked the wronge date and they were amazing about giving me a room and canceling the other reservation and just basically switching my reservation for me

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was very pleasant and very helpfull with any questions regarding the hotel, transport and sights in Paris. There was always someone in the reception (24h) and you felt like taking care of and safe. The room was nice and somewhat big, and the windows big in the room. I would recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Weird layout to access our room with a double door configuration.

Great location. There is super market and boulangerie close by with some nice cafes as well. Small and cozy hotel. Basic. There is no central air conditioning but a stand up room unit solved the problem quite effectively.

For a supposed 3 star hotel, there is no fridge (I guess it's France). Not a single English language news channel like CNN or BBC - it's all French. The rooms are now tired and need refurbishing. They are quite small, but I didn't mind that. I wanted better facilities. There was only 1 plug in the room (I had to ask for multiplug adaptor so I could charge my phone AND use the little lamp they provided). I would not stay here again. I need certain amenities.

The staff are excellent and friendly. THey try to make you happy. I didn't like my room and they changed it for me after one night. Professional. Good location, near Oberkampf station.

Like all hotels in Paris, it has small rooms. The description on Booking says the hotel has air conditioning but it was a portable unit that didn't blow cool air. This was during the heat wave so it wasn't so nice in the afternoon. The heat wave broke in the evening and luckily the windows opened wide so the night was fine. The shower was also small with a shower head that couldn't be angled to spray properly.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Fantastic location near public transportation. Comfortable bed and quiet room.

• Double or Twin Room

A "quiet room" was requested and we were allocated in a corner, that actually affected the poor room distribution, with almost no space to move around the bed or access the bathroom. Dated, with lots of marks on the wall, and only one power socket accross the room to charge any phones or electrical equipment. Very noisy, able to hear everyone in the floor, specially our noise room fellows who kept shouting and watching TV till 2am. Also the "Cleaning staff" do start working around at 8am and "quiet" was not a term they were familiar with. For the price we paid (€140 per night) we would have expected a bit more.

Great location at a walking distance of Le Marais. Staff friendly and attentive Breakfast was nice. Lift is been comented to be small and does not disappoint . More a dumbwaiter than a lift. But serves purpose.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was absolutely fine but my first impression was that it was a bit dreary (I think that was the carpet). The lift is tiny. The rooms are small, the bathroom a real squash - but this is central Paris after all.

Good location and pretty easy to get to from Eurostar (if dry use Oberkampf station - it is further from the hotel but on a direct line to Gare du Nord, the line to Fille du Calvaire couldn't be closer to the hotel but involves a lot of steps to change lines which is no joy with a suitcase). Neighbourhood was good with some nice simple restaurants two steps away and just a stroll to the Merci shop and then on to the Marais. Comfortable bed, good bedding, good water pressure in the shower. The staff on the front desk were lovely. I would stay again.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located in the heart of a busy neighborhood, so if your room faces the street and you like to keep the window open it can get noisy. Not a problem if you close the window, though. There was only one power outlet, so next time I'd bring an adapter.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the location is easily accessible by Metro and bus. There are lots of cozy restaurants, bakeries and shops nearby. One of Paris' most famous Cocktail Bars is right next door to the hotel. The bed was very comfortable, windows could be opened, the bathroom had a tub and a blow dryer and everything was clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The room and rhe bathroom were very small and you could hear the neighbours and the doors on the hall closing. The space in the hall was also narrow, and the elevator was also very small.

The hotel has a great location, close to metro station and Marais Quarter. Plenty if restaurants, bars, boutiques and art galleries. The staff was friendly and the bed was confortable. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom could do with updating.

The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The location was very good. The breakfast was excellent. The room was cleaned well.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Lift is tiny! Shower is also very small, but not too much of an issue.

Stayed at Hotel Beaumarchais over a few nights for a conference. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, always willing to do a little extra to make you feel welcome. I stayed in a single room, which had all the basic amenities required, WiFi, clean and comfy bed, TV, bathroom and a wardrobe with a safe to store valuables. Great location, very close to metros and major roads, giving easy access to main attractions. Overall had a great experience.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The ceiling in the corridor of the 5th floor looks unsafe and the hairdryers are archaic!

Super comfy room, fabulous staff, in a great location. A cute little hotel surrounded by brilliant shops, cafes and bistros.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

The reception staff are outstanding in assisting to sort out logistics and giving directions. Metro 1 minute walk away makes it easy to go anywhere, even late at night.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I can't think of anything more I could wish for, given the price.

The booking was for a 'twin/double'. When we arrived, we found they'd assigned us a double bed, which wasn't what we wanted (my friend is in a monogamous relationship with her husband and I guess he gets worried about these sorts of things). So the hotel gave us a suite with two separate rooms—way more than what we bargained for! And this was only the beginning of their courtesy.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The Broadband connection was not very reliable. I had to do some work but for casual browsing it would be ok and there was a good connection and a PC in the lobby.

Hotel was very modern and clean. Much better than the pictures and the room was larger than expected. The staff were absolutely brilliant, friendly and helpful. The location was excellent. The street was quiet despite being close to many bars and cafes. I don't know why people say it gets noisy. As for the tiny, tiny, small lift..... I thought is was charming and a memorable part of our trip.

• Double or Twin Room

Noise coming from the streets, windows are not thick enough!

Location and great personel

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms and communal areas need redecorating

• Double or Twin Room

The location, the bed, the people attending you

The hotel staff were exceptionally kind and supportive when we left a passport behind and only just made our Eurostar on time.

• Double or Twin Room

The location was really good. The rooms were clean and perfectly adequate. The staff were helpful and nice.

Lobby and breakfast facility. Staff was excellent. Coming back here

• Double or Twin Room

Evertyhing was fine. Nothing wrong with this hotel

I love this hotel, staff is really nice and the hotel is beautiful. Really well located.

• Double or Twin Room

felt as if there a smell of diesel

Bed was comfortable

• Double or Twin Room

Small rooms in desperate need of renovation. Tiny tiny, old bathroom

Good breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

damp, grey painted walls, bathroom doesn't seem to be clean and hygienic

all was fine

Extremely nice people at reception`. Got a very nice sunny room with double bed

• Double or Twin Room

The room was excellent, just think you need to clean the inside of the beside lockers they are filthy. Everything else was great.

Safty and very kind staff

Room was a bit small as was ensuite - but good enough.

Bed was fine. Breakfast plentiful and leisurely. Very friendly atmosphere.

uncomfortable shower

1st night in a rundown room but next day early I was given a good room

the staff super kind.

• Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning in one room wasn't working. Staff were great. Very friendly, very clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed caved in on the side, and was horribly uncomfortable. The room and bathroom was nothing like the pictures in your site.

The staff was nice

• Double or Twin Room

Elevator was far too small

One staff member in particular went above and beyond to make our stay more enjoyable

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was amazing, staff super helpful and very kind, it was the perfect location, has a full length mirror, bed was HUGE

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was humid & smelled mouldy.

Receptionist was friendly, informative & exceeded expectations.

The size of the room

The staff

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The lift is very very small

The staff is extremly nice and helpfull also in extraordinary situations

- old styled bathroom

-perfect localisation -good wi-fi -friendly hotel team

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Tiny lift

Fabulous friendly Emily receptionist

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Great location. Easy access to metro and buses.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

No kettle or drink making facilities in the room.

The bed was very comfortable. A kettle in the room would have been appreciated.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Very noisy, depressing rooms with strong smell of cigarettes in the bedroom

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

this hotel charges extra for disabled travelers

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Got our bed request a little mucked up, we wanted 3 singles not a double and a single

Funky furnitue

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Building itself is old, and it bothers little bit

Extra kindness, easy access from Paris east station.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

the lift

The kind flexible and caring staff

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Shower could do with a bit of a facelift.

Staff extremely welcoming and helpful Rooms a decent size

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Our bathroom had an unpleasant smell. perhaps there has been trouble with water and there was mold ?

Nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

staff great

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Rooms aren't very attractive. Bathroom was tiny. Triple advertised as 3 singles. But 1 double and 1 single in all triple rooms. They told us before we came so we chose to carry on but if we'd been staying longer we wouldn't have.

Location is good. Staff we met were very nice. Bed was comfortable enough. It was clean.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Would have been nice to have tea/coffee making equipment in room. Lift unbelievably small but source of much amusement.

The staff were wonderful - friendly and helpful. The room was small but comfortable - fine for just sleeping in. We didn't have the breakfast but regretted it because it looked good. Great location

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

Small Room & more tiny Bathroom, Impossible to proper use of Shower. Lift for one person only.

Location near from 2 different Metro Station & Republic Square... I got room at 10:00AM, Very helpful stuff.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

The rooms are not what was advertised. Pictures were atractive and cheerful, when in reality the rooms are painted grey, with minimal decoration and depressive.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. If it weren't for them I would have left the hotel. They person on shift when we arrived (Ferris) did everything possible to help us

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

Quite over priced for room, breakfast should have been included for that price as it was very basic, there was some damage in the bathroom, room walls were thin so could hear other guests, and it would have been nice if the rooms had the same feel as the communal living space.

Location was super, helpful staff.

There are also 52 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Beaumarchais traveller photo gallery