Reviews of Best Western Aurore 3 stars

13, Rue Traversière, 12th arr., 75012 Paris, France

#899 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Not worth at all lots of noise

It took more than one hour for chk in . There is no proper reception..were not able to sleep even for a second we got room at ground level and there was lots of noise from outside . Not at all worth.

It enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

It enjoyed my stay at the hotel. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Furthermore, it is very close to the train station (if you like travelling around by train like me, the location provides a great advantage) as well as metro stations, so you can travel around easily.

Top stay 👍👍👍👍

The cooked breakfast was not up to much hot dog sausages and scrambled egg needs improving. Also with the city tax the breakfast was very expensive

The staff were extremely helpful and the air con in the room was ice cold and a godsend in the temperatures/heatwave

Poor.

No air con in room. Room needs painting. A recent fire meant light sockets hanging off ceilings. Still smoke and fire damage to walls. Not mentioned on booking.com that this was the case. Looked like a building site to be honest.

The bi-lingual receptionists are exceptionally helpful.
    • Family Room (5 Persons)

The bi-lingual receptionists are exceptionally helpful. They went above and beyond their regular duties, making phone calls on our behalf, and assisting us resolve a serious transportation issue. Without their assistance, our holiday would have ended in disaster.

Yikes

It was in shambles, due to remodeling ceilings falling, no AC, too much street noise. Room really tiny. We've been ALL over the world. Possibly the worst hotel ever.

Door pass key never worked....ever, the air conditioning was not operating. No one explained how to get the window shutters open so in 35 degree weather and no ac it was very uncomfortable especially as tourists we were out in the heat all day. They had a Recent fire and no apologies for inconveniences. Kind of a mess because of that and I feel they should have reduced our rates. Breakfast was 12.5 euros was a lot to pay for continental with eggs.

Great location. Cheerful rooms. Right in front of the gare de Lyon.

Do not make any reserveration with them

When I did check out they force me to pay again for the reserveration while i paid it before and I showed them my payment in the cridet card and the booking reserveration and Still they insist to pay again and they promise to refund within 2 business day because that is the policy.. now after over month no refund for my payment and no response for the email I send for the hotel although I had both bills so they stole my money by paying twice for the same booking.. plz do not bother yourself to stay with them dose not worth it all this hassle

THE location and room and staff was nice but you need to leave your room key when you leave

An excellent solution for a city trip in Paris

Excellent room for city trip Very pleasant and helpful staff Room was quiet, clean, more than enough for a city trip I took an early breakfast at 6am before the marathon and all was ready for it

It seems like a prostitution center even though it is a best...

It seems like a prostitution center even though it is a best western hotel chain. I was very disapointed. The room was smelling and a lot of things broken and in a bad shape.

just OK

it is way too small. 2 people with 2 pieces of luggage could not fit in the room. The fact that it was incredible how the staff was not able to transfer a call to the room, how it was not possible to call from the room are other things which are not good. It was a pure joke when I received a call from Paris and there was no way to get the message except when I got out of the hotel after many hours since the call was placed. When I asked how to contact the person who called me I was told that the receptionist will call and ask the person to call back and when I will get out again I will get the message. This was a total joke. You must really train your staff properly. It is obvious that they do not have any training at all

the room was modern and clean

Comfortable, Clean Hotel

Everything was fine

Very friendly polite staff. Quick check in and explanation of hotel facilities. Lovely room, great bed, very comfortable. Lovely big bathroom, red hot shower. Had a great nights sleep. Well positioned near the main railway station and thew river. All in all great hotel in a good location.

Can't wait to SHARE my experience in this...

Can't wait to SHARE my experience in this "BEST" Western Aurora hotel!!! Hairs with different colors are everywhere around the bed, desk, bathroom and toilet. The shower sewer is blocked. The shower head can't be fixed on top so I have to handle it with one hand when take shower. You can hear and feel the moves when the trains or the metros passing through. Only one bottle of water for two person in five nights. But i am completely fine with all these and they are totally not the reason I call it the worst experience ever. One day in the middle of the trip when we back to the hotel  at 6pm and found the room's door is opened and the lock is destroyed. Somebody obviously came into the room and the room is half cleaned . I asked the receptionist come to check and he could only tell me the repairman will come to work tomorrow morning and then leaving without do anything...I ask the hotel to give me an explanation. But four receptionists gave four different & useless answers like i already told my manage or i already told my director or i'm new here don't know what happened......After i left the hotel I found my philip electric toothbrush(more than $200) is missing. As it was out of charge so I changed to the normal toothbrush that makes me didn't notice that. And till now no one from hotel apologize or explain to me like nothing happened. I am a easy going person but this hotel goes too far.  I wrote in two languages because I want more people to know what happened in this hotel and wish you all have a safe and comfortable trip.

We are so happy that this hotel will be our "HQ" for our upcoming trips to Paris.

Premises are newly refitted. Staff is very kind and caring. Excellent location very close to train station and Metro/RER. Very clean. Rich breakfast.

Clean and efficient, staff was very nice.

Nothing really. The room wasn’t massive but it depends on the needs

Clean and efficient, staff was very nice. Position is perfect if you need to be near Gare de Lyon (e.g. to go to Disneyland Paris)

• Family Room (5 Persons)

Staff was very friendly and cooperative. Rooms were clean and quite. Underground and train stations nearby. Hotel accept pets which was important since we traveled with the dog.

Nice breakfast and cosy rooms

We stayed at two rooms, one of them has a very old and not very comfortable shower. Also, the hairdryers had very low air pressure.

Nice breakfast and cosy rooms

Breakfast buffet was good!

I can hear the footsteps of the guests upstairs. It's annoying. :(

Breakfast buffet was good! Two thumbs up! The bed was also comfy. Love how soft the sheets are. Best location, too. And surprised that there was a visitor's card given to me during my stay, I never have to pay for my bus rides. :)

WiFi

Very noisy rooms, couldn't sleep 2 consecutive hours without waking up due to the non-existent sound proofing. Could also hear every movement happening in the hall way. Room was on first floor.

WiFi Location

If you want space don't stay here!

The room was tiny, especially for the price, that was VERY disappointing. Most of the photos on the website looked great but the room I had was pretty ordinary. I checked after booking in to see if it was on the website and it was, surprisingly but it doesn't appear until all the other much brighter rooms. I booked for a single, but of course the price is the same as for a double but it would be hard for two travellers to stay in the room.

Antoinetta, on reception, was very helpful, I liked the convenience of the property , the towels were clean and plentiful

Quick and awkward.

The front desk woman was not helpful and somewhat brusque. The shower Curtin was tear off the rod so it was just hanging.

The place was clean and located well.

Excellent value for money, with a central location

No negative experiences at this boutique hotel...

The reception staff were extremely helpful by providing me with guidance on bus routes from Gare de Lyon to St. Lazaire and actual timings. They made suggestions and gave me some travel information on the Metro too... Took an interest in all their guests and made them feel welcome!

Location and Staff.

TV channels only in French but that did not matter much as long as wifi was fast enough.

Location is perfect. Cleanliness. Good wifi. Staff is remarkably helpful and friendly (Rafael). I will come back to stay here for sure. Merci.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Good value for money in an expensive city if you're planning not to spend too much time inside

Aircon could have been better in midsummer's scorching heat.

Good value for money and especially recommendable if you are heading for Gare Lyon at odd hours.

The ideal transit hotel which we used going south and will do again.

Nothing room very good

Location great for trains south. Staff very nice no problems at all. The ideal place to stay for one night in transit south of Paris. Good food locations nearby.

I found the rooms delightful and location near Gare de Lyon and a little bakery very helpful.

There was a problem with some tiny ants in my first room on the third floor and so they kindly moved me to another room while they took care of the ants. It would have been nice if they would have compensated somehow for the inconvenience, as in, "Your breakfast is on us" or something. I noticed the small ants in the hall on the 4th floor and let them know about it. I didn't see them in the second room, but the bed there was very, very hard and uncomfortable. Not sure how I felt about having to leave my room key with them every time I went out. Is this the norm? Maybe it was a security issue. I prefer to come and go as I please without having to check in but I guess if it keeps people safe it would be a good thing.

The staff was very polite and courteous and helpful. The room was cleaned every day which was very nice. The staff kindly printed up my train ticket when I left. I also liked having a kettle with tea, coffee, etc. in my room. I thought the decorating was very cheerful and thought the silhouette/lighting wall was a particularly nice touch. I especially loved the rich floral curtains in my first room. A very clean place. The swing out magnifying mirror in the bathroom was a nice touch too. And I found the bathtub in my second room to be a bonus.

Great stop over if traveling via Gare de Lyon.

Room was a bit on the small side but we did chose the basic double.

Very easy walking distance from Gare de Lyon and LeBus Direct to Charles de Gaulle airport) Also walking distance to many tourist attractions. Hotel breakfast is better value than the local patisserie.

Good hotel, nice neighbourhood, adequate indeed

Nothing really.

Nice hotel on walking distance of Gare de Lyon and Gare de Bercy. Adequate facilities and good breakfast, much better than average. Friendly staff.

Great central location/perfect staff

Couldn't control the temperature from within the room only realised on the last day that this had to be altered by reception. Would have liked more tea (yellow label/ordinary) tea, milk and coffee in room.

The staff were excellent and very helpful from the cleaners to the reception staff

We were 4 adults in which we have to manage in a single room...
    • Family Room (5 Persons)

We were 4 adults in which we have to manage in a single room with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom which is very difficult and not a single wall in between the 2 rooms and it was not worth for the anount which we had spent

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Very good location for trains but also very near to good bars and restaurants in the area.

For what we want and need nothing

We liked the hotel so much we are booking again in August for one night on our way to Barcelona due to its location.

Good choice for distance train travellers

Our corner fourth floor room was very clean, light, airy and quiet. Bathroom was very good, staff helpful and station access could not have been better.

Not worth the money. Very small room for a family. No microwave, no small fridge.

The room was given as a double room, but it was too small and looks suitable only for a single person. There were no microwave and fridge so staying with kid is certainly not recommended. They gave only a small water bottle. Room was not smelling good. It was very costly hence not worth the money.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Great position , Great staff

No fridge. Hotel currently undergoing renovations so some noise & inconvenience. Lots of work going on outside so again some noise etc but all this will be finished soon.

Location. 200 metres from Gare De Lyon. 150 metres from hop on hop off bus. Lots of restaurants around. Staff were great. Room was larger than expected in the price range.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Great location, comfortable bed BUT some negative points

First of all, they gave me a room with one single bed and it was too small knowing that I booked a double room. I went to the reception and the person there told me yes I can see there a mistake. If I didn't complain it might have just passed without telling me. When I told the guy this, he was like "let me check if there is any available room" knowing that I already booked and paid for mine. But yet finally I got moved to the room I booked. Second of all, I had a train at 7:30 from Gare de Lyon, so I went for breakfast at around 6:30, and the "lady who prepare the eggs" was not there. They told me she will come at 7, and still I left at 7:15 and she was not there. So I paid €12 breakfast for croissant and juice, no eggs, no bacon....

The bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was clean and the hotel is really close to Gare de Lyon. It was my main issue

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Recommend for Gare de Lyon

no complaints

positively surprised about the quality of this hotel. Normally not a big fan of Best Western, but this one was modern, clean and had a proper room for Paris conditions. Perfect location for Gare de Lyon.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Acceptable stop over

Very small. Shower leaked all over the floor because the curtain didn't fit

Very convenient for Gate Dr Lyon. Good enough for a stop over. Room had a balcony which was good as it was very small

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Great price for location and value

They were still under renovation when we visited, so the common area was not that aesthetically appealing.

Friendly and helpful staff, and during Christmas time, the hotel sent us a package of chocolates! The location is great, 4 minutes walk from Gare de Lyon, one of the central stations that can take you anywhere from Paris. I found the beds to be comfortable and the place was very clean. Overall, it was around the same price as a hostel, with added privacy.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Falls very short of expectations

Under renovation but not told about it upon booking. Pictures of room did not match what we were given. Got trapped in our room due to workmen major safety issue if there was an emergency The room was so small we had to climb over the bed to get to bathroom as there was no way of storing more than one suitcase. There was no room in the foyer as they employees were working in the foyer rather than in their offices. Over charged for superior room. Wall plugs fell out of the wall, lighting poor couldnt see in our room when they were on.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Ok for a one night stopover

Room was very small, and quite cramped. Also very hot and too noisy with traffic to open window. Just about coped for one night!

Room was very clean and recently refurbished, but very cramped.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Great location and Good value for money

The rooms and bathrooms are really small but comfy and clean.

-The location is good, very close to Gare de Lyon metro station. -Wifi is good, speedy - The staff is helpful and friendly

Very friendly & helpful staff, clean room, comfortable...

Our room was small (10 m2) but it is to expect when in Paris ;-)

Very friendly & helpful staff, clean room, comfortable bed, elevator, wi-fi. Very close to Gare de Lyon. We got a very good deal (less than 100 euros), considering this is Paris. We did not try the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Poorer value than staying in London - and that's going some!!!

This was close to being the smallest double room I've ever stayed-in in France, and the air-conditioning was broken. However, they had supplied the room with a very large fan - so we could either stay cool and be kept awake by the noise, or the opposite.

Convenient for the Gare du Lyon (for an early morning train) and for some good restaurants nearby.

Convenient location and reasonably priced. good base for sightseeing.

Located very close to Gare de Lyon, easy access to the Metro and mainline services. About a 10 minute walk to a Batobus stop and museums.

Great family room close to Gare de Lyon
    • Family Room

I would have liked a small fridge in the room

Easy access from Gare de Lyon, friendly and helpful staff, free internet, 2 TVs

Goid for ivernight stay.

No internet!

Good location, quiet and clean. Good breakfast.

Good value for the money

Location on spot

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Clean, close to lion station

Room size So small,

Very kind receptionist, room state clean. Close with Lion station, we can go take train early morning.

Wonderful
    • Family Room (5 Persons)

Property need to be upgraded, the reception area

Best location, cosy room and wonderful staff

NO AC!

NO AC!!! Rooms were extremely small and smell of garbage. Bugs were found inside the room!!

Convenient location and friendly helpful staff

Convenient location and friendly helpful staff

Great for a stopover

Rooms smallish and perhaps a decade since last makeover but fine for a stopover.

Charming staff, great Wifi and location.

Breakfast was not good.

Breakfast and smaller rooms

Breakfast was not good. Breads were stale. Not much options

They had a problem with fire before and did not fixed the...

They had a problem with fire before and did not fixed the comon áreas.

Recommandation hotel

No refrigerator

Great location. Comfortable bed. Staff was very kind.

Disappointed

No a.c. even though it was advertised on booking.com

Cheap and next to major metro station

Overall good stay that fit our last minute needs

Pillows were pretty firm and the room was a bit warm.

Very helpful and nice staff.

No go-hotel!

Very small room even in the superior-class. Cleaning irregular and sometimes not before 4pm. Staff not interested in the needs of the client.

Thanks for staff in the restaurant ossle

Every thing especially professional staff mr. Fouad

It was great

Not value for money!

Expensive for very basic facilities. Things were broken in the room.

Proximity to Gare du Lyon station

Great location, nice hotel good value

Room size

Great location. Rooms on the small side but fine for what we needed. Lovely staff, really friendly & helpful

Super match for our needs

More counter space

Quality finishes. Large shower.

The bed was very comfy

The room on the ground floor

The bed was very comfy

We liked having a room large enough for 5 people and being...
    • Family Room (5 Persons)

We liked having a room large enough for 5 people and being close to Gare de Lyon.

Good location very close to Gare de Lyon, friendly staff

Loose toilet seat and no maintenance staff during the week end

Nice decoration, quiet room (with windows closed), friendly staff

only stayed for a few hours due to the schedule but a great...

only stayed for a few hours due to the schedule but a great hotel

Room very old and shower room small.

Room very old and shower room small. Toilet badly positioned

Allways again
    • Family Room (5 Persons)

Very clean, very friendly staff. God breakfast.

good for early morning train from Gare de Lyon

The squeezy soap dispenser

Room decoration

The best travel in my life.
    • Family Room (5 Persons)

Ms. Antonietta at the reception was very kind. We are Japanese but we did not have any problem in communication.

Good hotel for the train station

Decent size room for Paris. Convenient to Gare de Lyon.

Close to train station. Good place

The laundry room was right next to our room and it was...

The laundry room was right next to our room and it was pretty loud while we were taking an afternoon nap.

Great staff, sparkling clean bathroom but having to walk 400 metres for breakfast, not good.

Having to walk to another hotel for breakfast.

Sparkling clean bathroom

Very near Gare De Lyon and good value for Paris.

Very near Gare De Lyon and good value for Paris. Bathroom particularly good.