Reviews of Best Western Paris Italie 3 stars

205 Avenue De Choisy, 13th arr., 75013 Paris, France

#761 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The Room was very very small. We had difficilties of placing our 2 suitcases.

The location was very good very close to metro station and market. Very clean and modern

This 3* hotel was cleaner, more comfortable and better located than the last two 4* hotels I stayed at in Paris! The staff were friendly and helpful and keen to please.

The shower screen not in a good place kept bang on the sink glass not good it needed hand rail too deep to get in the bath for a shower the cleaning in corners are not good the was a cracked tile in the bathroom very slippery not good.

The staff was very good the Wi-fi was good

No coffee maker in room. No breakfast.

Don't think twice about staying here. You won't be disappointed. Across the street from metro. Easy to get to all Paris attractions.

Although the rooms are nice and modern they are just too small. The toilet is separate from the bathroom making the room seem even smaller

The rooms are nice and modern and although the hotel is a bit away from the main tourist attractions, it’s served very well by public transport and has a number of restaurants and a large shopping centre nearby. We were also at the back of the hotel which was quiter as hotel is on a busy street. Free WiFi was excellent

Paper thin walls so woke up by cleaners or the elevator at least once every night. Safe broke and wouldn't open on 3rd day, manager fixed it but wasn't friendly at all. Tried to charge us for food we never ate as we checked out. Cleaners never hoovered when turning the room

Fairly decent location due to metro system. Acceptably clean.

I had booked specifically as it was a Best Western and I had just joined their rewards program but when I stayed I was told I would get no points as I had booked via booking.com and not direct. I was not told this on joining the program and could find nowhere in the Best Western rewards promotional material this rule.

Great location, close to metro and large shopping complex.

Not enough breakfast (staff).

We didn't order breakfast in advance, but decided to have it on the morning. However, most of the usual breakfast items were missing. The cause of the problem: only 1 person had to do everything because her colleague was stuck in the train (and had been for 3 hours!) due to Paris not being able to handle snow. She was running around like crazy, and I don't think she could have done better, but she could have offered us a discount.

Room was smaller than anticipated but served its purpose. Lovely cafe close by as well as Metro. Housekeeping could have been better. WiFi kept dropping out - not sure if that was the hotels fault. The airport shuttle they use was just fabulous - dropped us all at our individual terminals!

Both receptionists on 24/12 and 25/12 are very helpful, thanks. The receptionist on 24/12 provided us the free upgrade to a bigger size room, the receptionist on 25/12 helped us to contact MacDonald for the payment overcharged on our credit card.

The only disadvantage is the price, but that's Paris I guess ;)

This place is a perfect choice for weekend+ in Paris. Room was small but cozy. The bed was very comfortable. Room has little space, but the furniture let you conveniently hide the luggage. Separate toilet is an unusual solution, but very comfortable. The hotel is located right next to Place d'Italie, where three metro lines reach. Communication with the rest of the city is therefore efficient and convenient. In the area around the hotel there are many restaurants where you can eat well even at a later time.

Firstly, upon arrival; I had selected to pay now rather than at the property and when we got there they said I then had to pay for the hotel. In my head I thought I had already paid so I was extremely annoyed this wasnt the case, it was a good job I took my card with me because I didn't have enough euros on me to cover the cost of the hotel and spending money. The fact there wasnt any storage space in the room for luggage wasn't ideal however I wouldn't not stay at this hotel again because of that. Also soft drinks with meals are expensive so be mindful of that lol!

The hotel looked just like the photos I was extremely impressed with the design of it, it was modern and felt expensive. The staff were really helpful, we asked for an iron and they provided us with one straight away and they didn't even need a deposit. When I read reviews before we left, a lot of people mentioned how small the room is, even though it is quite small, I felt they made use of the space very well. The only downside was there was no one to put suitcases so that did take up a lot of space. The area of the hotel is perfect, lots of options for restaurants and cafes. We decided not to pay for breakfast at the hotel we preferred eating out for breakfast to explore, and I don't regret that decision. Theres a metro station local and its super cheap to get to local attractions such as the Eiffel Tower; it's around 1.50 euros for a single, and you use that single until you get off, I think the Eiffel tower was roughly the 7th or 8th stop and it only cost that price. We also got the train from the airport (Charles De Gaulle) and this was 10.60 euros each and took around 30-40 mins. Overall I think its great value for money!

The breakfast was really disappointing. Poor choice and low quality of products.

The room was clean and comfortable. The place was quiet, I had good sleep. The bathroom was comfortable too, although possibly pretty narrow for large people.

The location is generally safer. Metro just in front of hotel. Had booked for a Twin Room however there wasn't one available during my period of stay so the staff gave us a Triple Room instead without second thoughts, which i felt was commendable! The 4 cafes by the round-about were quite good. Great ambiance for dinner.

1. Wifi doesn’t work. For me it’s ok, I have EU internet. 2. The glass wall for shower needs to be cleaned with anti-kalk spray.

1. Good location, 3 minutes walk to metro station, direct line to eiffel, louvre, train station. Closer to Disneyland. Many asian restaurants nearby, mcdonald, french cafe, shopping center all within 2 mintues walk. 2. Friendly staff 3. Room is well equipped , like a 4 star hotel. With 1 extra sofa bed, mini bar, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, rain shower 4. Room size is just big enough for 2 persons. 5. Comfy beds

Toilet smell (probably household waste issue), room was not ready when we arrived, occupied by somebody else. Staff had to visit the occupied room and then find out some free room for us.

Nice small room with privacy, bathroom - very comfortable

See previous question

The croissants were extraordinarily disappointing however after an initial problem with an unsatisfactory room (due to a smell of ?drains) which was resolved all was satisfactory.

Cannot think of anything

The staff were exceptionally helpful giving us information about transport ordering a taxi and helping with on line check in. The bedroom although compact was in first class condition, comfortable , and the shower/ bathroom excellent

Room size is very small. We only brought 2 luggages of 24", nevertheless it is very difficult for us to open both luggages in such small area.

Location is at the city centre with lots of good restaurants and a hypermarket nearby. It is very easy to go around the city from the hotel.

The lift is super small. Wifi is a little bit weak and you need to reconnect it again and again.

Comfy room, nice facilities and close to public transportation. Also, there are restaurants and shopping mall near the hotel.

The room space is fine but once I got out of the elevator, the hallway was filled with housekeeping stuff and its very very hard to move with luggage. Also this area is a bit far from the center, although there's a big mall within a few steps if you're into shopping.

Cheap price and easy access to metro station Place de italie. The reception is very helpful and friendly.

Good location with great patisserie near-by and three metro lines in Place d'Italie. Notre Dame and Jardin du Luxembourg at 30 min by foot. Have been here 3 times

Rooms are quite cramped and there is very little room for luggage.

Close to public transport, comfortable beds, friendly staff, quite area, reception staff spoke English

Would have appreciated a little more space to move around however understand this isn't something that can be changed.

Good clean basic hotel. Location was excellent and easy to access all major sites in Paris. Was good for what we needed.

The lift was small and snug. The hallways and stairways were very narrow.

Good location. Lots of Vietnamese and Chinese restaurants in the neighborhood

The window of my room opened onto a restaurant, and so couldn't have fresh air due to the various smells. The only solution was the air-conditioning which I try not to use due to some health issues.

It was easy to reach with the metro, the room was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, the wi-fi was good.

very good hotel, close to metro and nice area with local cafes. Very helpful personnel, comfy rooms always fresh towels and clean, modern with air condition air. Definitely will recommend.

Great Holiday in Paris. Stayed 3 nights in BW Paris Italie. Stuff was very friendly, rooms are clean. Really good Service and very cheap. Metro Station and big Shopping Centre only 100m away. Perfect vor a Short Trip to Paris

The room was tight. Barely enough room to move around luggage. No bath - just shower.

Great position just off Place d'Italie and Metro. Easy downhill 40 minute walk to Seine, through Latin Quarter to Notre Dame. Plenty of immediate eateries. Newly refurbished interior. Very modern. Great bathroom.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

I was hoping the hotel gave a free bottle of water to the customer each day.

The Receptionist staff is really nice and friendly. The location is really strategic.

Excellent location. Metro line 5 direct to Gare du Nord. Gare d'Austerlitz just three metro stations away connects to RER C by which Palace Versailles is just 50 minutes away. Silent, clean, comfortable room.

The hallway to go to the room is very narrow and small. The maid was still cleaning the room when I checked in already and get the room.

Nothing special but only staying a few night that is enough.

The rooms are soundproofed, BUT they have VERY loud doors! I guess, it is because of the fire protection...but one couldn´t close the door without causing a terrible noise!!!!! In the middle of the night it was NOT a pleasant experience! I guess, it could be fixed! So please do it!

Nice neighbourhood, very close to the metro. Small, but cozy room with clean bathroom . Short, but comfortable beds. Friendly staff at the reception! Merci!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The receptionist that work at night is total unprofessional. Have no understanding about the payment process of booking.com. Makes me wake up at 7 in the morning to clear up the problem!!

Room is ok, location is ok.

The rooms are REALLY SMALL, no room to move around bed and get ready.

Location Good - Close to metro, quiet area for good night sleep, some really good Asian Restaurants nearby

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

The male staff member on reception, when we arrived to the establishment for check in was very unprofessional and made me feel very uncomfortable when he rang my bedroom and asked to see me in person. He asked me to go out on a date with him, it was hard to understand him as I didn't speak French so he took me to the computer in the lobby and translated that he wanted to be my "sex friend". Throughout my stay he rang my bedroom 3 times to speak with me. I wanted to make a complaint to the manger but he was nowhere to be seen over the weekend. Totally unacceptable, disgusting behaviour.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Staff at reception desk - the older guy - has no clue what job in hospitality looks like. Heating in our room didnt work properly and he dared to blame us - quote - its getting crazy - for using phone chargers which according to him were causing problem. Winter in paris with 17 degrees in the room. Thank you very much. Definetly won't recommend. AVOID if can.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Bed was really hard. Charged twice for hotel which left me with no money, transfer arranged with hotel the car broke down on the motorway and we are late to the airport check in.

The room was clean and the location good

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Room is a bit small.

The location is very good. There are 3 metro lines just two minutes walk from the hotel. There's also a mall just at the back of the hotel. Plenty of restaurants around, McDonalds's, KFC, etc. Rooms though small are fresh and clean. Rooms are cleaned and towels changed every day.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Room was very small, good for overnight stay only. I hardly could move around the bed.

Great location near Place d'Italie and very good standard for the price. Room was renovated in modern style and exceptionally clean for 2-3 star hotel. WiFi working well.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

The shower needs more deep to avoid the water going over the bash room floor

The room/bash room are clean. The location is easy to access metro in Paris with line-5/6/7. Many small shops are close and a large shopping mall is just behind the hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Chocolate in the meusli

Rooms are not large but beds are ok and bathroom is beautiful. No problem with traffic sound or metro rumble (as in most other hotels in Paris).

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Maids could have done a better job of --nothing major, but minor things like the extra roll of T-paper, coffee cup could have been cleaner, replenishing the instant coffee packets.

I was allowed to check in early (10:30). Friendly staff. Staff spoke English!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Nothing really

Everything was really great, at a very reasonable cost (we got an offer at 64€/night) We stayed 7 nights - highly recommendable In Place d'Italie you will also find the most incredible Boulangerie, perfect place for delicious breakfast, sandwiches and brunches.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

I asked for a quiet room and received a room with street exposure. Traffic noise throughout the night. Towels were rough

Located close to the Metro with many restaurants nearby. Newly remodeled bathroom Good choice of pillows

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The room service didn't respect my privacy even when I put the "do not disturb " sign .. they opened the room and clean it and removed the sign by them self all the time .. or the nocking the door when I am sleeping

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

It was an emergency stay, unexpected and unprepared. Hotel tried to find a toothbrush for me, could not. Service was excellent, slept well, left early in the morning in a taxi the hotel called for me. For a disastrous day trip that was forcibly extended by bad weather, the welcome at the hotel made it bearable. Good hotel.

Only give free water at day check in

Great staff, clean room, superb location

Location and cleaness

Room very clean and comfort

Breakfast - better off trying one of the many nearby cafes

No fresh baguette for breakfast

We did not use breakfast, but they added 12 euros to the bill. Fortunately, I found it.

I like everything there

Breakfast very poor

The breakfast is very basic and is not worthy of 12 euros.

The room was small but functional and very clean. The staff was helpful.

The man on the reception was excellent and went over and beyond his duty by supplying lots of different information on Paris attractions.

Nice staff

Size of room, too small

Cleanliness of the bed

I really like how the staff treat us, he always smile and answered our questions.

Room a bit small

Close to shopping mall

Net hotel

Friendly & helpful staffs

Walls let sounds through

Comfortable bed, cleanliness, location.

Good location , easy to access , comfortable bed

No coffee in the room.

The location is perfect. The hotel is clean and neat and of a fair size for a short stay.

TV programs very limited for UK

Very good location near shops and restaurants. Reasonably comfortable room and bed.

I don’t drink coffee and we didn’t have breakfast😜 Loved our stay! Would deffo come back :)

nothing.

Good location & good staff.

Small room but very comfortable and ideal for one.

Very good location and nice staff

Cleanness and location

Room very small......

Found everything ok

Did not eat in the hotel prefer to eat out

It had a sliding entry door and modern elegant decor.

It was near the subway and lots of really good cafes and bakeries

Staff at the front desk, were very friendly

Browse Best Western Paris Italie traveller photo gallery