Reviews of Best Western Empire Elysees 3 stars

3 Rue De Montenotte, 17th arr., 75017 Paris, France

#680 of 1,599 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

It's a basic small hotel which offers the minimum in a great location. Not more, not less.
    • Classic Single Room

If I hadn't been in Paris hotels before, I would have been very disappointed. You just expect more paying €200 per night and also after reading all the very positive reviews here.

The location is the best part about this hotel. It is super convenient for exploring the city. The triple room was rather small but in Paris I guess this is what you get in this price category. The bathroom was fine with a big window which is always a plus! The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

1 week in best western
    • Classic Double Room

when having a shower the water can cover the bathroom and make the carpet outside wet

great location 5 minute walk from arc de triomphe with 2 metro station near, surrounded by good restaurants and had a good selection of food for the breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It’s location is centric, close to the metro line and the...
    • Classic Double Room

It’s kinda hidden, you have to look for the sign, the bathroom is very small.

It’s location is centric, close to the metro line and the arc of triumph. The breakfast buffet is ok, runs from about 6:45am to 10am, have modern rooms.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Luggages tampered with by Hotel (2 times in 2 days), police report made
    • Classic Double Room

The two men receptionists was extremely rude while the ladies were alright. We booked two rooms and two nights stay in the hotel. Our luggage were locked when we travel out, however when we returned night, our luggage lock was tampered with and we found an unknown access card on top of our luggage. Went down to the receptionist to inform them of the problem and instead of listening, they were very defensive (the man), kept saying "I am very sure you have not lost anything". How would they know we have not lost anything? The next day when we checked out, we left our luggage with the reception, as out pick up would only arrived at 3pm. We went out to make a police report of what happened the night before and for lunch and when we returned, again, one of our luggage was tampered with. Thinking back, instead of putting our luggages in the luggage storage room, the receptionist put them in the room next to the reception. What an AMAZING hotel, two times in two days, our luggages were tampered with. Wrote an email to the hotel to request for an explanation and till today (10 days later), we have yet to receive a reply from them.

Location was close to the shopping district.

Perfect location, comfortable and very clean room, silent...
    • Family Room

I paid for breakfast, however for vegan and intolerant for wheat person there was no option to eat. I had to give a deposit while checking-in and after checking-out a receptionist did not suggest to return it to me, I had to remind him.

Perfect location, comfortable and very clean room, silent location - good for rest. I liked the policy of a hotel for being conscious and ecofriendly. I would choose this hotel for my next trip.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great value and location.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel was very clean, comfy bed and the breakfast was great. The staff were exceptional, so friendly and helpful. Seeing we didn;t speak French we were glad they spoke English. It is very central to the Metro and restaurants.

I had many insects in my bed an when I complained I was...
    • Classic Double Room

I had many insects in my bed an when I complained I was told: it’s because of South American tourist who stayed before me in that room. I was speechless, no excuse nothing. Very very poor!!!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

At checking they told us we have selected standard room but...
    • Classic Single Room

At checking they told us we have selected standard room but that will not fit 2 and so asked us to upgrade. That was disappointing to be told at check in and had to pay 35 euros each day extra.

Could be better

Crowdy restaurant in the morning. Nobody takes care for missing products. Very poor English knowledge. Hard to contact with French speeking only staff.

Localisation

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Not recommended
    • Classic Double Room

The staff are very rude they don’t respect any one, The don’t know english, the room wasn’t clean and there were antis in the room. Take care from the room service they are not honest.

Only the location

Lovely stay, great value for money and fab location
    • Classic Double Room

We really liked the area, lots of little restaurants, had a feel of Soho about it, but then stepping out onto the main streets it felt a bit more like the area around Whitehall in London. It was a short walk to the Arc de Triomphe, and very close to the bus stop where you can catch a coach directly to CDG airport. We found the room to be spotless, comfortable and quiet, and the hotel very nicely decorated. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to give us advice about the best way to get to the airport. The room was spacious too, as was the bathroom. Would definitely stay here again, excellent value for money.

Weekend in Paris
    • Classic Double Room

Would be great if breakfast could be pushed out till 10.30, one or two mornings we would’ve loved more time to lie in, but anyway it was a great excuse to get up and get out nice and early.

Easy to find and very close to the metro (Ternes). Less than a 10 minute walk to the Champs Elysees at your leisure. Very clean modern with very comfortable beds and good air conditioning in the rooms. We’ve stayed in Paris plenty of times and this has been the best hotel we’ve stayed in. Don’t expect big rooms in Paris they just don’t exist. As far as breakfast goes in Paris you couldn’t fault it, plenty of choice to suit everyone served from 7.00 to 10.00, we’ll be back again hopefully sooner rather than later and would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good value for money
    • Classic Double Room

Staff were not rude, but not particularly warm or friendly. Breakfast options limited especially closer to 10am as most items finished, and it was difficult to find a clean table that was set for breakfast. Wi-Fi drops every few minutes and had to constantly sign in again.

Room was clean and comfortable. Great location just minutes walk away from the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysees, restaurants and supermarket.

The staff is so unfriendly

The staff is so unfriendly, just not ready to have customers. You'd hope of a hotel to make your holiday simpler, not in this one.

Location, but I'd rather stay with my family elsewhere next time.

Excellent experience
    • Family Room

Only one door key to share between three guests.

Great breakfast, excellent location close to two metro stations, just perfect for a short or long stay in Paris.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

I am not suggest to stay.You must carefully over charge of goods damage. Hotel wasn't honestly.
    • Family Room

I am not suggest to stay.You must carefully over charge. Hotel owner wasn't good behaviour and did not honest. I slip in baht room and made used soap grass tray broaken. I declare it was accident but I accept to pay as hotel proposed 20% of new one but he charged over price 20% is Euro 60 and can not show bill. I must paid it.

Location is good.

Everything was pefect
    • Classic Single Room

Nothing, I can honestly say everything was perfect. Expect a little noise, but it's a city hotel after all.

I turned up late, and called ahead, arrived at gone mid night and was greeted warmly by the night staff who helped me find a open bar for a quick beer. The room looked like it had been renovated recently and was spotless, small but better than any other I have had in Paris. Did I mention it's only 200m from the arc d triumph and champs else's and was a super cheap stay for 3 nights bed and breakfast. Brekkie was what I expected l simple European affair.

MIXED EMOTIONS
    • Classic Double Room

Frontdesk staff not opened enough and lacked of understanding, didn' offer in neither of 5 days' stay more than one key card per room, that created many personal impairments.They said that they had orders to do so, but we clearly saw that they did not apply it to all guests. Breakfast with no fresh fruits and vegetables.

Neighbourhood, Wifi

Breakfast and location
    • Classic Double Room

Rude reception Upon arrival we were NOT greeted or welcomed by reception, instead we were awkwardly stared at when requesting to check in. Receptionist Mary, who was overseeing a new employee was not only rude to me but, inpatient and aggressive towards the trainee which made us feel extremely uncomfortable. Mary continued to make us feel uncomfortable when she rudely interrupted me and my friend during a private conversation asking me “what is so funny” After rudely interrupting Mary then insulted me by saying my name was a males name in her county.. she clearly could no distinguish my first name to my last name which would explain the painful 15 minute wait for my book to be found. Awful customer service! Mary should not be in the hospitality sector she has no manners what so ever!

Breakfast and location

I stayed four days they only clean the room after the first...
    • Classic Double Room

I stayed four days they only clean the room after the first day And the day before i leave i asked them at the reception to send someone to clean the room and they said ok and no one clean it also And i took one bottle of water from the mini bar during my stay and durin check out they want me to pay for three bottles and they insist that I took 3 bottles but at the end of argument i give them only the money for one bottle

Location is very good, 3 mins walk to l’avenue de...
    • Family Room

The wooden ceiling was fallen down when I was just passing by, it attacked my head and hurt me badly. I told it to the front desk, she returned me 30 euros as compensation after checking with her manager but she looked not very friendly and it looked like I just asked for money.

Location is very good, 3 mins walk to l’avenue de Champs-Elysées. We stayed in a room for 3 person, the bathroom is vey big and clean.

I have rated this according to its three star hotel rating.
    • Classic Single Room

I have rated this according to its three star hotel rating. The staff were friendly and helpful The room was modern, clean and well lit. The Air Con worked. Good location for conference at the Palais de Congress. 5 minutes from Metro.

Good value for money clean friendly comfortable and small
    • Classic Double Room

Would have preferred if there were complementary shampoo conditioner body moisturiser and biscuits in room

Staff were very helpful, location good, hotel was not noisy and I liked that it was small

Very clean room and comfortable bed.
    • Classic Double Room

The man at the check in doesn't seem happy with his job. The room is small and the view was very bad (you can just see a wall full of pigeon poop )

Very clean room and comfortable bed. Some of the staff are nice. Location near the champs elysees.

Everything was alright, the location was convenient as well.
    • Classic Twin Room

Management could have done better with the shower as water tends to splatter all over the toilet floor. Also, more hangers are needed in the toilet.

Everything was alright, the location was convenient as well.

Really close from Arc de Triomphe!
    • Classic Double Room

Great location, very close from metro stations, restaurants, bars, and even a mini super. Breakfast was very good too. Rooms are a bit small, but that is pretty much standard in Europe. Arc de Triomphe is about 8 minutes away walking.

Denise at the front desk was absolutely amazing.
    • Family Room

Denise at the front desk was absolutely amazing. Her personality and hospitality was so lovely. She definitely made a difference in our overall experience. Our room had a beautiful view on the sixth floor. I was shocked to find that the bathroom had a full size tub with his and her sinks. The size of the room for three people was also larger than I would have expected for Paris. And of course the location put this property over the top. Being right by amazing restaurants and sites is simply the best way to spend your time in Paris. Also, I can’t forget the breakfast it was so delicious. I would highly recommend this budget friendly property.

Magnificent

We liked everything.

A great location on a quite street and for walking to bus and Metro. There are cafe’s close by as well. The staff was very helpful as well, Denise at the front desk was amazing. Oh I forgot to tell you about the breakfast that is included, it was a perfect combination of protein and sweets.

Perfect Location, clean and cosy
    • Family Room

There was no space in front of the bathroom mirror for personal care products that I have. I had to move all my products in and out from room to bathroom. Maybe, a small table/commode can be placed into bathroom for putting guest;s personal care products.

Perfect location, clean, stuff was really helpful. Especially one guy named Pierre (I am sorry I can not quite remember now) was especially helpful and kind.

We really enjoyed our stay in Paris. Hotel within walking distance of Arc de Triomphe and metro.
    • Classic Double Room

Great location, within walking distance of Arc de Triomphe and metro. Discounted parking (On the next street) via the hotel. Lovely clean room. Aircon a godsend. Thanks Pierre for making our visit comfortable.

I had a problem with the first night - room was not equal...

I had a problem with the first night - room was not equal standard as the other room I booked for my friends at the same time. But the next day we could solve the issue and I could change room with the category I expected. Issue was solved in a very friendly way.

We stayed in superior twin room-it was quite well.

Breakfast very poor,especially for the ones like us not eating porc-products only cheese & egg.

We stayed in superior twin room-it was quite well. Room was clean&comfortable Location very good!

Lovely hotel and great location.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was very small. Door opened onto the bed. Couldn’t walk around the bed had to climb over the bed to get out on the small Juliet balcony. Could hear other guests in their rooms from our room.

Bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was huge ! Location was great very easy to find using apple maps. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Fantastic location with very helpful staff.
    • Classic Double Room

A bit mean to put this because in Paris many properties will be like this, but the room was a little small.

The staff were excellent - extremely helpful. Location brilliant for getting around Paris - very close to two Metro lines.

To be honest, I have no negative remarks on this hotel at...
    • Classic Single Room

To be honest, I have no negative remarks on this hotel at all. The staff was super friendly and the room was small, but very comfortable. Also, its location is perfect: only a few minutes away from the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs-Elysées, metro, shops, etc. If I go back to Paris, I would definitely stay here again.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

More choice at breakfast

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Thy went out of their way to make sure we had all we needed when travelling with a very small baby

Location!
    • Classic Single Room

Housekeeping made up the bed everyday. However, one day when I got back to my room, I found my pyjamas - which I left on my bed - were struggling not to fall on to the floor as they were recklessly thrown to the taboret. Well that was disappointing.

Excellent location, close to the metro stations, supermarkets and many restaurants. The bed was very comfortable; I slept as I slept in my own bed at home. Breakfast met my expectations. Magda, the receptionist was lovely and helpful.

The hotel is close to the Arc d'Triomphe and close to...
    • Classic Single Room

the carpet in the room could be better vacuumed

The hotel is close to the Arc d'Triomphe and close to some nice restaurants. The check out person was taking care about a taxi - everything went well

Breakfast very goed! Sauges, bacons , others enough to make you smile!
    • Classic Twin Room

Qilt too thick and heavy! Change to dons feather will be perfect!

Location is top, parking outside not a problem! Districht 17 ...cheap .2.40per nr. Except the reception has no information to give regarding parking . Shame!

Clean room but expensive for what the hotel had to offer.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was dissapinting in a small room, the hotel was being decorated while we were there and there was no bar or lounge area. The room looked out at nothing but the side street it was on and a brick wall opposite. It was expensive for what it was.

The room was ok, but an odd shape and tea/coffee facilities were round the corner by the door rather than in the room itself. The room was warm and clean.

Comfy hotel in very good location
    • Classic Double Room

Room equipment is not new but good. There was no hands soap so we had to use shower gel( Lobby area is under reconstruction.

Location is great. Breakfast was delicious. Good and clean room.

A lovely stay

The bathroom was small

The staff were very welcoming and pleasant. Location was perfect within a 5 minute walk to the champs Élysée. I would definitely stay there again!

good location, that's all
    • Classic Double Room

complete groundfloor is being renovated, but work in progress is making any movement except check-in impossible. No compensation on site or warning at booking. Very bad surprise. Small rooms and bathroom. Bad noise insulation

clean room, good location

Excellent holidays, thanks!!!!!!
    • Classic Double Room

This was fantastic!!!! Just returned, spent there 4 nights (22.01-26.01), including my birthday. Everything was perfect!!! Our room was very cost and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Nice ladies and a man at the reception. Always smiling!))) the location is excellent, near the metro, rer, in the heart of Paris. I can recommend the restaurant “La fabbrica”-1 minute from the hotel and the supermarket G20, just 2 minute from the hotel. Breakfasts were delicious. STRONGLY RECOMMEND!!! With love, Veronika

Excellent location and facilities
    • Classic Single Room

I have stayed at this property a few times already and it is my favourite place to stay when I am in Paris. The rooms seem to have been upgraded since I last stayed. Staff are excellent and the breakfast is lovely.

Never will back to this hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Terrible staff, with terrible english, unpleasant all the time. I really don't understand why I'm paying for a service and the staff is so rude.

- Good location

Paris
    • Classic Double Room

Aircon in room set to warm and couldn't be adjusted.

Staff very friendly. Breakfast was good and included in price. Location was in an excellent area. Room was typically French compact and clean.

The hotel was a 10!
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel was a 10! The staff was friendly and always willing to assist with your needs, the hotel was so quiet and comfortable, and it is in a great location, clean and cozy rooms. Highly recommended.

Smart, clean & Convenient Hotel
    • Classic Single Room

Everything was simply perfect! The location, the staff, its convenience to metro station and on 15 mins walk to Arch de Triumph. I ll definitely repeat my visit. The breakfast should be improved with better variety of cereals.

good location
    • Classic Double Room

i left a hairdryer at the room after I checked out. I realized and sent them email asking to keep it and a friend will pick it up, they said they didn't find it!! Obviously it was taken by their cleaning staff!! on arrival there was a family checking out and reporting stolen money from the safe! bed in double room is too small for 1 persons Poor breakfast

good location clean

I never choose this hotel again

I booked an upgraded room by paying more however the room was worse than the standart room. The room’s shower doesn’t have a curtain or seperator so that everywhere was wet after shower. Than we asked for a standart room and 1 day later we passed to standart room but hotel said us price will be same... as a result we paid more for standart room...

Location was good...

Best for the price
    • Family Room

A bit far from city centre if you want to cover ways by foot, but if metro /bus is no problem, max 50m to nearest stop.

Very nice room, spacious, with comfortable beds and overall nice modern design. We were surprised by a big bathroom with a fullsize bath, double sinks etc. Also, breakfast in bed - Best thing after tiring previous Day sightseeing.

Contemporary looking hotel & perfect location!
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast... felt there was little option for vegetarians.

Very contemporary hotel & the location is aboslutley perfect! Everything is at your convenience! Would definitely stay again & recommend to everyone!

We had a wonderful stay

Some of the other hotel guests who felt that we are too loud while having breakfast.

The location is really convenient. Loved the breakfast, plenty of choices.

very customer service . i wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone
    • Family Room

Poor customer service from reception and cleaning staff. Room was very poorly cleaned (floor was not swept and bins not emptied)and both cleaner and front desk was aggressive when we complained. On the 3rd day the cleaner entered our room (without knocking) while my friend was sleeping (naked) and asked my friend to leave the room so she cleans. when we complained to front desk once more they rather accused us of not putting the do not disturb sign out.

Bad service poor value for money
    • Classic Double Room

Night staff not friendly too busy with his own thing in the kitchen No extra key Was told i borrowed charger which I didnt Not even 1 hour for late checkout Key didnt work the second nighy

Comfy bed

Cosy & comfy g

Cosy & comfy hotel at the heart of Paris.

Clean & comfy rooms. Great location - close to Arc de Triomphe & Champs Élysées, shopping and eating outlets.

Very good location.

Very good location. To find parking was difficult (which you could understand in the centre of the city). We had a 9-seater bus which was too high for the underground parking. The guy who worked the evening shift was very helpful and friendly. Will stay there again when in Paris.

Unpleasant stay
    • Classic Double Room

Receptionists, Very new in position, who failed to answer in a complete english sentence as well as did not handle our financial information private. In more specific she took our credit card and read all the information on the card (incl. the security number on the back) to a third party on the phone. The room was horribly small, although it was written in the room description on the website, we have at least expected a bigger bed. We are not tall at all but my boyfriend’s feet were about 10 cm off the bed. Also, we have noticed that the position of the room was somewhat strange as we have felt like the room was not in level. Of course the bathroom was super small but beyond that it was dirty as well. (Just like the room it self) The soap dispenser on the wall had brownish fingerprints on it. (probably due to makeup) There wasn’t a single thing where i could put the soap on, so it won’t be sliding or sticking all over. I don’t think it is too much to ask for to at least fold our pj-s on top of the bed. The “restaurant” was in a basement, again super small and dirty. We have experienced lack of food, plates and napkins. I guess you have to be very early to get some scrambled eggs before it is all gone, no hope for replacement. Overall the quality of the food was not bad, but the variety was a problem. eg. no veggies. You literally had to hunt for plates, forks and knives, which seemed to be a bit cleaner, than the rest. If this would have not been enough the cherry on top is the paper thin wall allowing you to hear everything you want or you don’t want. Overall we are very unhappy about the hotel. I strongly advise you to save a few bucks and spend it on a better hotel in case you plan to visit Paris.

Nice location but not that great value for money.
    • Classic Double Room

The street where it is, very narrow and not neat. Kind of expensive in terms of value for money.

Location is great, very near the Arc de Triomf. However, it sits in a not so great looking backstreet.

I find the location pretty good.
    • Classic Single Room

The staff especially the two male receptionist. "-( Obviously, they need to have trainings and coaching on Public Relations. They lack good conduct with customers, very unaccommodating and unhelpful. For a solo traveler and new to the place just like me, assistance is very much appreciated.

I find the location pretty good. Magiga was very helpful, the two receptionists were not.

Wonderful location, nice staff, very clean
    • Classic Double Room

Wonderful location, very close to 2 metro station. Small rooms but with comfortable bed. Big bathroom. Very clean. The staff is extremely nice and they helped us with all sorts of problems including finding a place where I could fix my broken phone. I would definitely reccomend!

Ideal hotel if you have congress and you are coming from CDGL airport
    • Classic Double Room

I would suggest that hotel put more vegetables for the breakfast. There should be open bar in the hotel or even machine for drinks.

This is a perfect stay if you are coming from CDGL airport and have a congress in Malliot congres centre. Airport bus is on the way to hotel. Etoile is also within 5 min walking.

Well placed hotel, clean and good value.
    • Classic Single Room

Could have done with more tea and coffee in room. English to channels would have been good. Only had BBC news.

Great location. 10'mins walk to arc du triomphe. Clean hotel, great bed, good aircon. Breakfast reasonable. Lots of places to eat and drink nearby.

Rubbish

Receptionist behaviour

No phone in the room hole in the wall was told that it was newly refurbished rubbish rooms are so small you have to walk sideways to get to the other side of the bed When complained to receptionist called Zamir he was rude abrupt and said sort it out in the morning with the female member staff on duty. All the time he spoke to me he was watching tv and did not bother to get up to talk to us face to face. Rubbish experience. Have stayed all over the world worst service I have had surprised considering it is a brand hotel complained to the reception manager she shrugged it of never staying in best western again

Shall not be staying again and Best Western standards are lower than expected
    • Classic Double Room

Assistant Manager was argumentative and the cleaning staff helped themselves to our money change that we left on the dressing table. Nobody told us about the refurbishment- the lobby was covered in plastic. The breakfast staff are unfriendly and everyday the tables were missing something of cutlery or cups beakers etc

The elevator

Near Place de l'étoile.

Near Place de l'étoile. 5 minutes walk from line 1 ( place de l'étoile station ). Near bus stop to go to Galerie Lafayette ( direct ). 2 minutes walk from parking, and restaurant. Room is great. friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Location is very good.
    • Family Room

Location is very good. You are very near to two metro station. There is a monoprix just opposite to the hotel.It is 10 minutes walking distance from Arch de Triumph. Breakfast was very good. A good value for money.

The hotel is for sleeping and taking a shower nothing else. Staff are very moody.
    • Classic Single Room

Thiis hotel is a place to sleep and take a shower, dont expect anything. Staff are very moody and not easy to ask them for help. The room is small but clean. Breakfast is not great nor the seating area.

My holidays in Paris

i love the place

The hotel is situated in the area near restaurants and supermarket and it is not far from Champs Elysee just 10 minutes walk and also the metro is not far from the hotel and you can get the Big bus tour just near the Champs Elysee - It is a very good location

Bad Experince
    • Classic Double Room

1. The biggest problem is the restroom (toilet). It is in the so narrow area that it is impossible to use. 2. The room has an elevator view:((, the elevator made of glass and you can see the ones who use it. So bad for the private life. 3. The bed are not for 2, they are for 1.5 man. 4. I think they give this kind of rooms to one day stay.

Only location

Right place wrong time!
    • Classic Double Room

The room was an irregular shape and negotiating the queen size bed to get to the bath room, wardrobe or even the ridiculously tiny fridge was an effort. Nothing like the pics on website! The staff were curt with any responses to questions asked. Had I known renovations were scheduled I would not have selected this accommodation.

Proximity to major Paris sites was great! Numerous eating and entertainment opportunities within walking distance.

Best Value Ever
    • Family Room

Reception had bulge in ceiling held together with tape! However think they are refurbishing from top down. Breakfast room quite small.

Very close to Arc De Triomphe. Had a proper triple room with lots of space. Air con in room. Very clean and newly refurbished. Wish we'd been there for previous stay. Breakfast was pretty good too and included.

FaultyTowers but worse. Lazy staff.

Lobby was small with masking tape holding up ceiling. Floor uneven so we kept falling up or down. NO help moving 8 suits cases up to room, we were a party of 3 x2 were woman & me the pack horse. No help moving the luggage down upon check out. Main lift was broken for 24hrs so had to use a lift that could only fit 2 in. Our original room was nice as Paris standards go, however the airconditioner was failing badly so after alerting staff they sent a staff member that clearly had no idea as they were checking the inley vent for air out!!! We nearly slept that night with a room temperature of 26.6C. Next day I was assured it would be fix as I did not want to move rooms. I checked with staff early in the day & assured someone was coming later. Checked around 2-3pm & nothing was repaired, told staff and they again told me it would be fixed today. As I was not feeling well I waited in the hot 26.8C room until 9pm for the technician. By this time night staff had taken over and he knew nothing about this. He then got me to "mind" the lobby while he went and had a look!!! Anyway as the room was still hot they moved me to a another room, no they gave me a new room andI had to move 7 cases between 2 floors in a lift designed for a midget. I also hurt my back and the room I guess was around 10sqm smaller and had no bath and we were jammed into this room with 7 cases,my wife and I. Asking the day staff the following morning why no-one had been to fix the aircon I was told the technican could not make it that day.......so I asked why wasn't I told as I had to change room at 9.30pm!!! We forgot was the reply. Anyway it cost me over 70 Euros to buy a back strap and some ice gel because they "forgot" to let me know about the non return of the technican. Will never stay here EVER again and as a frequent traveller for business my company will avoid ALL Best Westerns.

The lovely lane were the hotel was situated. The proximety to arch de Triomphe.

• Classic Double Room

We had a horrible situation in the hotel Empire Elysées in Paris. The false roof of the dining room fell off producing a sound like an explotion.  All the guests had to evacuate  because the firemen did not know if the structure was stable or some gases or electricity could produce a fire. Finally after some hours we could return to the hotel. Really I am very upset because we expect a hotel where the security is important but this case I think that was not the case. I will add fotos, and if you look carefully, there is one with the TV turned on, in that you can see the false roof sticked with tape. Now the reparations will you take much more money than prevent the incident, and we had luck because some of us could be seriously injured or worst.