Reviews of Best Western Nouvel Orléans Montparnasse 4 stars

25 avenue du General Leclerc, 14th arr., 75014 Paris, France

#808 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Nice hotel with a very good position, in front of Metro...

at the end nothing; just a small remark on the price of the breakfast

Nice hotel with a very good position, in front of Metro station; staff very friendly and always available (one of the best I ever met); clean rooms with nice furniture; good breakfast, maybe a little bit expensive... overall strongly advised for any kind of traveller

Room was too small for two people !
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Room was too small for two people ! Tv has no sport channels!.. Place in general was too tiny! Not as advertized! Breakfast a little to desire! Definitely not worth 13$.

Great staff in a lovely place!
    • Family room - Free Wi-Fi

I end up here after an Airbnb went wrong. The place was great, everything was very clean and confortable with a great location. There is a bus stop and a Metro station in front of the hotel that takes you to the center in minutes. Near by there were places to eat and shop. I love it! What I like the most was the staff, they All were helpful and went out of their way to give us tips on tranportation, tours and information on the city. They also were very friendly and we have great chats, lovely people!

The hotel is small but full of character. Great location near the metro and cafes.

The shower door didn't close entirely so a good amount of water escaped onto the bathroom floor.

The beds were comfy, the rooms were nicely decorated, and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Property was clean and in a great location.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The ONLY thing I didn’t like was how tiny the bathroom was! However, I discovered this is a typical French thing. But, that was the least of my concerns.

Property was clean and in a great location. Metro station was across the road. It was also around five minutes walk to popular Catacombes and around 40 minutes walk to the Notre Dame. It was surrounded by lots of little cafes and gorgeous boutique shopping. If you’re interested in vegan food options there is a vegan cafe only five minutes walk away. The hotel has 24 hour reception - the staff were so nice and extremely helpful. All in all great value for money, would stay again.

Excellent location.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The room is too small, the cleanliness is ok but not acceptable for a 4-star hotel. The "private parking" is a multistory parking garage, where you park at the open Terrace/Deck with questionable Security. All in all, i think it is a 3-star hotel at most with overall rating 6-7.

Excellent location. The metro station is really across the street and the neighborhood is very nice.

Clean and modern room. Worth the price
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Unfortunately the lift was not working for the entire 3 days we stayed. Despite the staff mentioning that it will be fixed the very next day. So had to carry luggages up and down 2 floors. Pity hotel does not compensate for that in any way. Limited parking spots so unfortunately I had to park on streets despite parking being my top preference for selecting this hotel. So take note that reserving a parking spot will not guarantee you any parking.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Metro and bus stops right across the street. Nice neighbourhood with shops, supermarkets, and restaurants. Room was very clean and modern looking, bed very comfortable and Nespresso machine as an added bonus.

Lack of sleep and small! Great location though!!
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Noisy Breakfast and rooms facilities didn’t meet 4 star expectation. Very plastic. Wooden stairs very noisy and laying in bed listening to another guest having a wee isn’t at all ideal! Lift far too small, had to make 3 trips with our luggage and it was also very slow.

Excellent weekend break
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Me and my friend travelled from London to Paris for a weekend. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a lovely young gentleman who checked us in and told us about the hotel and the area. He then proceeded to show us a map of Paris and in great detail told us where to go and how to get there. He was beyond helpful, also looking into activities for us to book. Didn’t catch his name but he is a credit to the hotel. Also very clean rooms and comfortable bed!

I really like this place.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The location is great. There is a Metro line-4 entrance just cross the street from the hotel. And the RER-B station is only one metro station away, or can even walk I believe, but I took Line 4 first then took the RER-B train to the airport. Both airports can be reached with RER-B line. There are shops and restaurants near by. I think it quite safe in the area even walking at night.

Outraged by the unacceptable behaviour of the waitress staff and the quality of the shuttle service
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

This time I visited Paris for a scientific meeting taking place in FIAP. I chose the particular hotel mainly due to its proximity to the meeting venue. I have two major complaints to make: (1) one for the airport shuttle service they offer via “Start Shuttle”, their “reliable” transport-company partner, and (2) one for the unacceptable behaviour of the waitress staff. Regarding the shuttle service, I have first to admit that Alexander, the Reception Desk Assistant, had given me precisely all the information beforehand: my transfer from the CDG airport would cost 65 euros and be prepaid online, while the rate for the return transfer would be 26 euros and paid in cash. However, on my arrival, the taxi driver appeared with a delay of 25 minutes and I had to phone the company to confirm he was coming to pick me up, while, on my departure, I shared a minibus with 5 other persons and, despite being the first to be picked-up, I was left last to be delivered to the Terminal I was flying from, with only little time to spare. Also, I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that all the other single passengers were charged 8 euros less than me! I’m closing with commenting on the rude waitress service during breakfast on Friday 20th April: when I entered the basement restaurant where the self-service breakfast is offered, there were no other customers and most of the tables were still unclean. Instead of sitting at the only one two-person table which was beneath the air conditioning ventilator, I chose a clean four-seat table. The only waitress of the restaurant -who, by the way, was fluent in English and had nothing to do but ask for the room number and prepare the tables- forbade me to do so and pointed to another four-seat table, which was still unclean and set only for one person, as it had been used by 3 other residents. I answered that I wouldn’t mind doing so, provided she would clean it up, but she insisted that the table was fine.

Overshadowed by what I disliked

A good price and location with extremely helpful staff
    • Superior Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The beds were quite hard and weren’t as comfortable as could of been, also room wasn’t really soundproofed as suggested

The staff were extremely helpful anytime we asked where something was or for recommendations for a restaurant they obliged and ensured we had a enjoyable experience

great stay - value for money! good location

lift -too small

room was on the third floor -and the lift was tiny! but the rooms overall are great and really clean! we had too small balconettes and our views were great (corner room)

Nice place to stay
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

All staff at the reception were very polite, helpful and nice. Unfortunately I can't say the same about lady who serves the breakfast. She was rude, speaking very loudly by phone all the time and she did everything with a face "I make you a favor when giving you a plate or refilling empty dishes with food". Very unprofessional

The hotel has good location, metro station is just across the street. Room that we stayed in had a very good inside soundproof, we didn't hear any noise from the neighbours. Very nice place to stay for a weekend trip to Paris.

excellent location & very nice room
    • Superior Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Excellent location, modern, cosy and clean room, very helpful staff.. Coffee machine in the room is a nice bonus, I love it. A bit loud in the room from facing the street, but it didn’t bother my baby so ok.

The hotel is at a great location with metro right at its...
    • Triple Room - Free Wi-Fi

The hotel is at a great location with metro right at its foot. The room was small but nice. It had a cappuccino machine in it (amazing). The bathroom was loaded too and had a full sized bathtub The rooms were sound proof. Enjoyed our walks in the area

Great location if you want a less touristy version of Paris
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Beds were a bit firm and prospective guests should be aware the lift is extremely small so climbing stairs may be necessary at times.

Location, price, staff, refridgerator, coffee maker all provided an enjoyable stay

We’re so impressed by the kindness of The Front Desk when we...
    • Triple Room - Free Wi-Fi

We’re so impressed by the kindness of The Front Desk when we checked in ; Monsieur Alexandre. He had offered us to upgrade our rooms for 4 people without any additional charge. The Room itself was fabulous and clean with the city view. We really enjoyed our time in Paris. Merci beaucoup.

Bad Bad hotel
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Rooms are very small and you can hear other people in there rooms. Even when they go to the toilet. Im never going back. They cannot call this a 4 star hotel

A comfortable, well located hotel with a small but useful lift.
    • Triple Room - Free Wi-Fi

Shower over the bath wasn't ideal as there was no screen allowing water to go all over bathroom floor.

Fabulous location with metro station, shops and eateries on the doorstep.

Recommend it!
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The room is not big, but it is Paris, rooms are never big here.

Amazing location - just across the street from the metro station and 2 minutes from the "restaurant street", but it has very good secure parking. Very helpful staff, especially Alexander in reception. We loved our stay, that would be a great choice for Paris.

Average, not sure I would recommend it.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The cleanliness of the hotel, including the room and the bathroom, needs to be certainly improved. The rooms are small and cramped, filled with too much furniture. Very average options in the breakfast buffet, coffee was offered through a machine and was not freshly made, there were no options for guests who suffer from allergies / intolerances (gluten, lactose...). The staff at the breakfast was not very welcoming, while there was also fighting in the kitchen. Overall, far from the city centre.

The staff at the reception desk was kind.

Very small rooms, but clean and modern.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The room was quite small. The lift was tiny and claustrophobic so we used the stairs all the time, but that was ok.

The room was very modern and comfortable. The hotel was located near a metro station and good cafes and restaurants. The shower was amazing.

Expensive and small. Good transport links
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

I'm struggling to see how this is a 4 star hotel. The reception is not welcoming at all, the staff are not overly helpful apart from 1 we found. don't bother hoping to get the lift if there is more than one of you, you wont fit. Our room was on the side of the building, which was fine, we can appreciate there are vehicles passing and sirens ect, however, there were a couple of hanging banners above both of our windows which were making one hell of a racket in the wind, more than enough noise to stop you from sleeping. We made Alexander at reception aware and he advised he would see what they could do and let me know. We went back down to reception 5 minutes later on our way out and he said he had looked in to it and there was nothing they could do! suffice to say he did nothing and just told me that. In the end the noise got that bad, we had to wedge the banners in the metal shutters on the outside of the windows. The bedroom was very small and the bathroom, well, it wasn't, if your taller than 5 ft, don't bother trying to sit on the toilet at a normal angle, you will have to do it sideways. The shower, whilst a lovely waterfall showerhead, leaked terribly every time the shower was switched on causing the floor to become a small lake. The double bed we were promised was actually 2 singles (not tied together) so they kept sliding apart and away from the wall (not ideal on your honeymoon). We stayed at the hotel for 7 nights over the new year period and I believe the amount we paid we could have got a lot closer to the centre and maybe a much bigger room. The time of year clearly dictates the price as the city was incredibly busy and the hotel was fully booked half way through our trip but there is nothing to suggest that you are paying for a 4 star hotel.

The location of the property is not too bad, its on the number 38 bus route which takes you from Gare Du Nord straight to the front door of the hotel and passes Notre Dame, Chatelet and many other notable places to go and see. Its just a very long walk from anywhere. One member of staff was very helpful, our room wasn't made up everyday and he provided us with the soaps and coffee that we should have had with no issues at all. he also gave very good advice on where to go and what to avoid during a very busy period as we were there for new year. (Always listen to the locals)

Wonderful
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Location and the neighbourhood of hotel are great. There is an immediate access to metro station right in front of the hotel. Position of the room was great as well- very quiet. Staff is very friendly, professional and helpful. The room was clean and the bed extremely comfortable. Breakfasts worthy of 4 stars. Hotel provides private parking which is a great added value. We are coming back!

Lovely stay in Montparnasse.

No complaints

Located opposite the metro station...direct line from the Gare Nord train station. Close to the Open Bus Tours stop. 3 stops from Notre Dame Good internet. Really fantastic breakfast...not merely a continental croissant and jam affaire! Lovely variety of teas and coffees in the room. We were three adults in the room and it was spacious enough for us!

Overall, it’s a very decent hotel. Decent rate, great location. Would not recommend for families.
    • Family room - Free Wi-Fi

- The staff were hit and miss. A couple of the staff were very nice and accommodating, but others were shockingly rude, to the point where we felt completely unwelcome. It was clear that some staff just isn’t like children. Most of the front desk staff were nice and helpful, but specifically, the breakfast staff was unbearingly rude. On our final day when we shared our issues with the front desk staff, they felt very bad and were empathetic. Definitely credit there. - I would recommend to skip the breakfast, unless you get it for free, and are not really a breakfast person. There is a nice coffee machine which makes decent espressos with fresh milk, and some of the pastries and the baguettes are okay. Unfortunately, the eggs, pancakes, and other food was pre-packaged. Many times they actually refilled the food in front of us from the packages, which was kind of gross. There are tons of nice bakeries in the neighborhood. If you are in Paris for a short visit, I would recommend going somewhere nice for breakfast. Paris is known for delicious food, might as well enjoy! - If you are planning to stay here with kids, you will feel cramped. Some people are okay with that, but it’s just something to be aware of. Everything is tiny. And we had the family suite! There is hardly any room to walk or store luggage. The bathroom — sinks, shower, everything are probably the smallest you will see anywhere. That being said, it’s a trade off. If you are looking for a nice, charming property with character in the heart of the city, you may have to be okay with that. - WiFi was horrible. Always went in and out, and the connection was very poor.

- Location was really good. The property is in a very nice neighborhood. There are a lot of shops, restaurants, and generally, a nice feel for the city. It’s also right across the street from a metro station. - Peoperty has a lot of charm and character. You really feel like you are in Paris. Nothing commercial or manufactured. - Nespresso machine in the room is nice.

Pleasant stay
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The room was a little small so you couldnt really move around, but we were hardly there so bigger was not necessary. There is one very small elevator. Specially in the mornings it took a lot of time to get in the elevator, so we mainly used the stairs.

Nice room and clean room. The nespresso machine was nice. Comfy bed. Good Wifi. Location was really good, just across a metro stop. Also restaurants/cafe within a 5 minute walk. We pre-booked a parking space which turned out to be a really good parking spot and not expensive for Paris standards.

My overall stay was ok.
    • Triple Room - Free Wi-Fi

I suggest the parking area be renovated.

The hotel was was fairly small but it is in the city center of Paris. The hotel parking can/should definitely be upgraded. It wasn’t the safest appearance of parking. I expected to be mugged at knife point every time I went to my vehicle.

Strongly suggest you pick somewhere else!
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The staff waa not veey welcoming or friendly any of the days or evening that we exited or returned to the hotel. Check in employee was extremely rude and left me standing outside after unlocking the door as opposed to holding it open, welcoming me, and inviting me in. I stood outside for 5 mins while he sat behind the desk until I realized he was not coming back to confirm I did in fact have a standing reservation. He continued to be very short, annoyed, and frustrated with most questions I may have had. We were only given one room key per room. The rooms were extremely small ( maybe this is the norm for Paris, so forgivable), the bed was uncomfortable by opinion of everyone in our group which included two rooms. The elevator was small and extremely SLOOOOOOW!! It was zoned to only hold 3 people and it only fit myself, 8 yr old, and small carry on. We still had issues closing the door to go up. The bathroom could use some mildew treatment in the shower and repainting. The corners should also be cleaned more efficiently. The sinks we had in both rooms had the tops unscrewed and unattached.

The property was close to parking and reasonably priced for Paris. The lighted headboard and vanity(not in all rooms) in the desk was a nice feature. The proximity to the metro was across a cross walk and the bus station was a half of block away. A restaurant nearby had a delicious salmon lasagna. Some rooms have a separate toilet from the shower.

Perrfect locations, rooms could have been more spacier
    • Family room - Free Wi-Fi

The room sizes were much smaller and felt cramped with myself and two children, despite my wife not joining in. No help from porters for managing our luggage to 5th floor. Room not ready even at 2pm

Location was bang on perfect. Reception staff was pretty receptive. The manager spoke with seniors and amended our booking since we planned to move out 2 days in advance of our schedule booking.

Great service and very nice room
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Breakfast was nice, but I was maybe waiting for something even better

Really nice bed, very comfortable room and very friendly personnel. I warmly recommend it

Attractively priced hotel near Montparnasse, but not a four-star hotel.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The hotel is an example of star-rating inflation over the years. It bills itself as a four-star hotel, but the size of the rooms is appropriate to a two-star hotel 20 years ago. There was very little room to get around the bed, and putting the baggage stand in the passageway toward the door was almost a hindrance to egress.

The room was comfortable enough, with a good bed, and the price was good for Paris.

Nice place to short stay in Paris
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Nothing bad, but some notations: - Very thin walls and doors, so you can easily hear what is happening outside your room. - Very small elevator cabin - with lots of baggage it will be difficult to get to your room on 5 or 6 floor (I know, this is an old building, but anyway)

Nice hotel for short stay in Paris. Small but cosy rooms in old building. Staff is very pleasant and can speak on 3-4 languages (some can speak Russian). Very nice breakfast, worth its money! Metro station is just at the entrance of the hotel, but no noise and crowds, supermarket is 3-5 minute walk, same to the nearest RER station to CDG airport and Stade de France.

Overall good ! I like the place . I will come back and recommend it to my friends.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Unfortunately the elevator was broken and was not functioning and I was on the 5th floor . I don't mind the exercise but for someone in bad shape, it could have been a problem. Thank goodness the staff carried my very heavy suitcase to and from the room . Every one tried to help to reduce the inconvenience.

The room , the location , the personal, the breakfast were all perfect ! Unfortunately read below......

Location, staff, cleanliness, the room itself, there are a...
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Location, staff, cleanliness, the room itself, there are a lot of nice places to eat nearby as well as a supermarket. Special thanks to Alexander who was very kind and helpful in solving some problems I faced during my trip.

Over rated and reception at arrival was very poor. Not recommended for families specially with baby
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Reception at arrival was very poor & disappointing. Lift very small even to lift a stroller. No staff to help in luggage specially we had a 10 months baby.

Metro station very close.

Lovely large comfy bed.
    • Superior Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

A clean towel was stained, would have asked for a replacement had we stayed longer.

Lovely large comfy bed. Clean room apart from dodgy towel. Out of town (so easy to get to with car) but with excellent shops, restaurants, bars close at hand. Metro station a few steps away to get you into the hub. The Car Parking felt safe and was very good once we worked it out. It was great as an overnight stop but would seriously consider staying longer. Good value for Paris

Great Service Experience!
    • Triple Room - Free Wi-Fi

I want to highlight the support received by the Front Desk responsible Alexandre and the BEST Babysitter EVER Charlotte! We planned to be in Paris for the Coldplay show. We originally were my wife, my 12yo daugther and myself. In the last minute, we had to change a little bit our plans and bring to Paris also our 3yo boy. I asked for a Babysitter service to take care of our boy during the afternoon of the show, not an easy thing considering that he is always sticked around his mother and he only manage to speak his very particular Spanish!. Alexandre made the arrangements to have the Fabulous Charlotte in charge and the result was OUTSTANDING. A very BIG THANKS Charlotte and Alexandre. Without your assistance, our plan to attend to this fantastic show in Paris wouldn't be possible. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR FAMILIES. On a logistic aspect, the metro station Mouton Duvernet is just crossing the street and you can get any place in the city from there.

Unexpectedly good-sized room for the centre of Paris.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Don't really like the toilet separate from the shower and wash basin, but I suppose it is worth it for the extra space in the room. Also the hotel insists on the keycard being handed to reception every time you leave, which seems a bit old-fashioned.

Unexpectedly good-sized room for the centre of Paris. USB charger in the wall socket. Fast free wifi.

Next to underground metro.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Parking was in plaza close buy and no lift there. Rooms were exceptionally small. Toilet and shower were seperate in small room and were very small area in room. AC cooling was not good and staff could not do much about it. All A.C. split unit needed was cleaning of filter and gas reload.

Next to underground metro.

I have to say, the hotel is not that recommendable except...
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The single room is not spacial, especially the bathroom design and facility are "incredible" (e.g. the sink is too small to be used)

I have to say, the hotel is not that recommendable except its good location.

Clean and comfortable
    • Family room - Free Wi-Fi

Small room for four people, the bed were a sofa bad and wasnt very good, not enough place to put our luggage.

The hotel is in front of a Subway station and it had a lot of good places to eat close to the hotel. The staff was very polite and helpfull, we had trouble with our flight been canceled and the recepcionist called the Airline Company trying to help us. Even though the room was very small for four people, it was very comfortable. It had a coffee machine and a minibar inside the room, great shower and clean bathroom.

The location is great.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The location is great. Metro access outside the hotel. The lift is a bit crowded (old) but it's cool! Overall, we had a great time at the place.

Great!
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The color scheme in the rooms is bold and may not be to everyones taste. Rooms are a bit on the small side. The single elevator is VERY small and very slow! The pillows are not that comfortable, a feather pillow option wold be nice.

Extremely convenient location close to RER B direct to CDG Airport as well as OrlyBus to Orly at Denfert-Rochereau ~500metres away. Easy access to the Metro and buses to take you to wherever you would like to go in Paris. Eg bus 68 which stops in front of the hotel passes St Germain de Pres, Musee d'Orsay,the Louvre, the Opera and Galeries Lafayette/Printemps department stores along its route. Traffic along the street is relatively heavy but I have not been bothered on my 2 stays (I've stayed on the 3rd and 6th floor) and with A/C you do not need to keep the windows open. Staff are helpful enough without being overwhelmingly so. Breakfast is decent value but if you have the time to stroll around, there are better options in the neighbourhood. Rooms are well equipped and clean. The beds are great Very good bathrooms if judging by Paris standard. Very good selection of restaurants along Rue Daguerre which is a block and a half away. Also L'Ordonnance restaurant deserves a special mention, also about 1-2 blocks away but in the opposite direction from Rue Daguerre.

A nice location and practical place to stay
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Poor view from window (an alley). Carpets were dark and apparently a little dirty -- impossible to know for sure. Room was a bit small for the price.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fresh, tasty, and ample. Very near Metro and other transportation. Good access to food markets. Locale is generally safe and welcoming.

Convenient location, reasonable price but SMALL elevator/lift.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The elevator. I do realize it was an older hotel and space is tight and expensive in Paris. I'm grateful it was there but it was frustrating not being able to get the elevator quickly some of the time. I think I was there 9 days so quite a long time.

I did not take the breakfast so cannot evaluate that. For the costs in Paris, I think it was a very good deal. I've been in small elevators in Europe but this takes the prize!! I was one person and had a 21 inch suitcase and a carry-on and I could not have fit another paperclip in the elevator! And there is only ONE. Several times in the morning (I was on 6th floor which I believe was the highest) I would walk down because it took too long to try to get elevator. I figured out that the day I left, I needed to allow plenty of extra time in case the elevator was "booked" by someone else. I HAD to have the elevator then. Once I came home in the evening, I was reluctant to go out again because of how difficult the elevator situation was. I know I've dwelt a lot on this. But overall I know how expensive hotel rooms are and for the most part, this was a good experience. The room was very tight in the way furniture was arranged and it was not easy to figure out how to use my laptop on the small "desk." The staff was very good and I'm appreciative of their assistance since I did travel solo. Hotel is RIGHT across the street from Metro. I do wish I had figured out, however, how convenient the bus stop was. It didn't involve all those stairs that the Metro did, you could see things on the surface of the streets. But that was my fault. Great location, clean, reasonably priced for high-cost Paris, and appeared safe. I did like the heated towel rack. It was handy for rinsing out some clothing items and they dried quickly. I did appreciate the mini-bar so I could store water or soda bottles and fruit or yogurt. I liked the safe

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Best choice for this value
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

- Double bed is in fact two single beds tightened together, which may be a problem for a young couple :) This problem is common for small European hotels though - Small bathroom (not too small, but still)

- Beautiful and cozy rooms - Very friendly staff

Good hotel in Paris
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Rooms are very small. Car can be parked on the street, but you have to pay between 8 am and 8 pm. Problem: the maximum length of a parking ticket for non-residents is 2 hrs. Better come without car.

Refrigerator in the room. Bed was really big and comfortable. Windows are soundproof, room was silent although it was on the road side. Subway station just 20 meters from hotel entrance.

There is a metro station of line 4 directly in front of the...
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The wifi did NOT work properly most of the time; probably too little bandwidth for all the customers. Breakfast was basic and definitely NOT worth 13 Euros.

There is a metro station of line 4 directly in front of the hotel; this takes you into the heart of Paris within 15 minutes.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Amazing Stay!!!
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

It's an Amazing Hotel .... Had to book urgently there and we ended up staying the whole duration of the trip. Amazing Hotel... Nice People.... Excellent Location!!!!!

Somewhat dirty and in disarray.
    • Triple Room - Free Wi-Fi

The hotel itself was dirty. The carpets had dark stains all over and the cleaning staff throws things into the narrow hallways as did the construction workers, leaving us tripping over vacuums and dirty laundry. It's also rather dimly lit in the hallways.

The place had nice decor and the desk mate, Aleksander, was very accommodating.

Oh my...without being melodramatic do avoid this hotel.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

- noise, noise and noise once again. We got a quiet room facing some dumpster (better than facing the street and I mean it) but extremely thin walls made us hear everything...I mean absolutely everything: couple upstairs having romantic moments or using toilet, neighbours moving their luggage, neighbours talking to each other, people walking on corridors. Also there was some shouting in the middle of the night included in the package deal that woke us up 2 nights out of 3 (people were shouting from floor below us and we could hear them very well) - very poor facilities - no bar, no really waiting area, no nothing - staff - they were not bad, they just did not care. We had the fastest check in/out in the world and I do not mean it in a positive way. We got zero information about hotel facilities (if there are any, breakfast etc), we just got a room key and wifi password. Another thing is how the receptionist lady checked if our room is ready, she basically started yelling like crazy to somebody upstairs and after several shouts she got confirmation that the room is ready yay! - our room was cleaned although we left card saying we do not wish it to be cleaned

As I do not want to leave this part of my review blank for the first time since I joined booking.com let me say that: - the receptionist gentleman was ok as he at least smiled

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Great location, comfortable beds and rooms, nice bathrooms,...
    • Superior Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Some noise from other rooms, not sure if soundproofing is 100% but didn't ruin trip.

Great location, comfortable beds and rooms, nice bathrooms, and easy to get to shops, restaurants and attractions.

Perfect location.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

I was in my room when the cleaning lady wanted to come in. She opened the door and wanted to enter and was not happy because i didn't let her (i was just out from my shower!).

Perfect location. Good breakfast. Staff at the reception desk very friendly and helpful.

Very friendly staff, clean room, quiet, right across from...
    • Superior Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Like a lot of European hotels, a 4 star is really more like a North American 3 star. The lobby is tiny. There's not really comfortable common area.

Very friendly staff, clean room, quiet, right across from subway station, not as touristy as right bank

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

good hotel with nice express breakfast
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

the layout of the room was a bit funny as there were 2 rooms but the desk almost touched the bed so the use of space was a bit strange

breakfast was good and was good value for the express one

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

- Location (In front of metro station and very close to...
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

- Room is very very very small (There is no place to left luggages. If you put the luggages, you cannot walk in the room. When you open the door, the door touch the bedstand. - Elevator (Old and small. Also you need the call elevator five minutes before getting out the room.)

- Location (In front of metro station and very close to OrlyBus Station Denfert-Rochereau) - We could leave our luggages after check-out - Umbrella - Coffee and tea in the room - Airconditioner

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Did the job!
    • Triple Room - Free Wi-Fi

The lift is the scariest thing on earth. This definitely needs replacing or upgrading to somewhere else in the hotel. I don't understand how they haven't changed it or had complaints about it before.

The room is great. I wish we had breakfast thrown in for the price. Location isn't too bad.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

mostly good , just a couple of bad points
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

the desk was too close to the bed and not very big.which made it almost impossible to sit at. the tv would not turn off from BBC ( which was fine ) we reported it to the receptionist when we went out and it was still on when we came back after 2 hours

good location and staff .room had 2 sections as it was a triple with a tv in each and toilet in one and shower in the other . two nice balconies with the one at the front overlooking the main road

Smart offer for short stays
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Very "thin" walls - if you're keen to have a really quiet place this is not your case, you'll be hearing every neighbour's activity around your room. This is the only disadvantage

Very close to metro station (line 4 - that goes to Notre-Dame and to Les Halles), few minutes to RER to CDG airport. Nice breakfast, nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Zu teuer für das Angebot
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

- the hotel was too expensive for what it offered -inconvenient elevator, very small and slow if you have luggage, this is ok for a cheap hotel but not for > 340 E per night -breakfast in the basement also without any daylight, this is too expensive ... -very dark room, hard to work there for business because you need the lamps and the light of those was not bright and rather dark -loud traffic even if the windows were closed you could hear the cars and the street was very much frequented with cars

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Good experience
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The hotel is comfortable and clean, the staff is friendly and nice. There are a lot of restaurants and shops around, but not noisy. Will be back if we come to Paris again.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

The room and bathroom were very clean and very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The elevator is quite small and old, and we usually had to wait quite a while to get on it. From reception to the room, it looks quite old and dark inside (but auto-on lights on the halls light your way).

The room and bathroom were very clean and very comfortable. The room supplies were very nice. The location of the hotel was OK and over the main street.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Not a 4 star
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Not sure why this is classified as a 4 star. The lobby and hallways look like a 2 star. The Junior suite washroom were very small but still modern. I bit tight for your suitcases and to walk around your bed.

The rooms were clean and the internet was very good.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Nice location, cool design in the rooms, friendly staff,...
    • Triple Room - Free Wi-Fi

Bathroom floor is really cild in the winter

Nice location, cool design in the rooms, friendly staff, shops and restaurants close, metro 15 metres away.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Small cozy and practical
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

The person at reception when we arrived was strange and not very welcoming. The person there when we left on the other hand was very friendly and competent. I feel the lobby has a cheap vibe that doesn't come back in the rest of the hotel, could be better.

The room was small but very nice and practical. The door of the room is extremely heavy (for safety reasons obviously) and that makes leaving it with a lot of luggage complicated.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Nice hotel
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

It needs a soap dish to put soap around the sink. And there is no shower cabinet or shower curtain for the tub. It is difficult to take a shower without splashing the water.

The room was so clean. Breakfast was so delicious and enough. Good location

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Great location to metro staff spoke English the triple room...

Double rooms are too small. If you have a stroller the elevator will only fit that nothing more, very tiny elevator so several trips if your a family. Also stairs are narrow, slim and tiny so makes it difficult with kids or luggage. Wifi was hit or miss and the computer was so slow I could not print out my tickets or access the page. My parents said breakfast was also not worth it for the extra pay so we never tried it we just went out.

Great location to metro staff spoke English the triple room was spacious but the double is very tiny so if your use to space shell out for the triple. There is lots of shopping , good restaurants and the catacombs are three blocks away.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Good location, definitely not a 4 stars hotel!!!
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

For the first time the rate of the hotel at website booking.com - 8,2 did not reflect the real situation. First, il is definitely not a 4 stars hotel!!! Forget about it! No standard of 4 stars hotel, not even 3 stars in many aspects. The room was extremely small even for the Paris standards and for sure it was not of the 14 sq. m surface, what was promissed during the booking. Some of the rooms are bigger, but we have got a really small room (which however the receptionist defined as bigger that the others) The entrance to the bathroom was right in the middle of one side of the bed and only 25cm from it, so it was very difficult to step or move there. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen. Once the door was closed, it was very difficult to open the door to enter the shower or even simply to turn around. The more so the decoration of the whole room was very dark, the wall, stores on the windows, the floor etc., what made the room even smaller. In our room the predominant colour was violet, which in some countries is a colour of the mourning. We asked for another room, they promissed to do something, but they did not do anything, despite of the fact, that they had at least one room free that night, which was bigger, but as it was a room for 2 +1 persons, they did not decide to upgrade us, leaving us unhappy in our room. Then, they decided to resolve the problem the following day, but it was never happened, they gave up this problem and never come to us again with the solution or justification. We stayed the whole stay - 4 night with the room, being far below the standards, expected from the booking.com site. To summerise, we did not like at all the decoration of the hotel. The main hall is not nice, the main entrance to the hotel is even worse, similar like in very cheap hotels. The corridors are also very dark, all that is very depressing.

The room is newly renovated. Althought we did not like the decoration style, it should be underlined that the facilities are new and the decoration is fresh (on the website the room example looked much better that in the reality.) We appreciated the fridge, safe box, coffe maker in the room and free water offered by the hotel (but only for the first night). The breakfast is good and various as for the French standards (also meat, cheese, yogurts; not only "croissants and confiture", however after 2 days remain very monotonous - for ex.eggs only in one style - "des oeufs brouilles" and already prepared, (so not really freshly cooked) and always the same type of ham or cheese or even pastries). The lady at the breakfast was correct, but not friendly, without any smile. We liked also the balcony on the 5th floor, it was convenient to have a look on the Paris streets. We appreciate also a nice welcome at the reception the day of our arrival by Alexandre, very professional and kind person. We appreciated also a good location, not very far from the metro station and in a lively area.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Autumn break in Paris
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Just the first lady could have been more pleasant. The rest was lovely

The location was perfect as it was quiet and just a short walk to the metro. The Orly bus was there too which was perfect as we had flown in from Heathrow to Orly. One guy on Monday and Tuesday and Sunday was great but the lady on Saturday was a bit surly. I had paid extra for an upgraded room but wasn't sure I actually got one.Breakfast was marvellous. didn't mind about the lift.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

A short but busy stay in Paris
    • Triple Room - Free Wi-Fi

The shower needed a screen to protect the remainder of the bathroom - shower water tended to spray everywhere even with using little pressure.

Nice and quiet. Comfy beds. Awesome location with useful rail links around the remainder of Paris.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Excellent location
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

Not sure if it's the norm in France, but fans in the toilet room and shower are would be an asset. I know things can be hectic for housekeeping but they were inconsistent at replenishing our nespresso station.

We had a rear facing room, not so picturesque but greatly minimized the steet noise. The location for metro access was excellent. Lovely area with good shopping, bakeries and restaurants. The shower was fabulous, bed was comfy, rooms are modern and very nice. Good wifi too! The nespresso machine in room was lovely.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Charming parisian hotel
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

A bit more space to move around in the room would have been nice.

The best plugging availability we have ever seen including direct USB plug. Very chic and parisian decor in the room.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Modern and clean
    • Double Room - Free Wi-Fi

No exhaust in the toilet. Sometimes the cleaners forget to put back the toiletries near the sink or arrange back the bedside drawers after cleaning.

The room and bathroom are modern and always maintained. The receptionists are friendly and speaks english except for the lady on the last day during our check out.

Browse Best Western Nouvel Orléans Montparnasse traveller photo gallery