Reviews of Best Western Au Trocadéro 3 stars

3, avenue Raymond Poincaré, 16th arr., 75016 Paris, France

#498 of 1,601 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Steps from the metro and nice cafés.
    • Comfort Twin Room

I wouldn’t have chosen twin beds again. Better to get a double.

Steps from the metro and nice cafés. Beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower just steps from the front door. Cozy room

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Clean & comfortable good size single room in excellent...

Clean & comfortable good size single room in excellent location.Hop on off bus stop & metro right there. Restaurants on doorstep & best view of Eiffel tower across the street. Staff were lovely. Felt safe & secure for a sole traveller.

Very very good

We were hoping to leave our big suitcase at the hotel for a few days . While we travelled for a few days in Normandy and would returned back to the hotel for the rest of our stay in Paris . They did not have the room , so had to bring our suitcase with us .

The location was super , staff was very friendly and helpful and Christine at the front desk was awesome. Coffee was free and great ! We hope to return in a few years .

Great place, centrally located.

The size of the room is very small.

Location was fantastic, close to everything, restaurants next door and across street very good. Great view of the Eiffel tower from our room.

Nice comfortable room with a great shower.

Nice comfortable room with a great shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, steps away from the Eiffel Tower. I will definitely stay there next time.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Our stay was excellent.

The position of the hotel is excellent only about 10 mins walk to the Eiffel Tower and within close proximity of other places of interest. We really enjoyed staying in this location there was a lovely atmosphere especially at night when the tower was lit up. It is close to a taxi rank and the metro and also the hop on hop off bus stops. Our room although small was clean and the bed was comfortable and we felt we had everything we needed for our short stay. If we traveled to Paris again we would definitely stay here.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great position. OK hotel.

The buffet breakfast was a disappointment especially since were were very much enjoying our Parisian breakfasts. In a blind tasting you would not have recognised the orange juice as such; coffee was Nespresso without expresso options; and we were watched by a bored staff member, obviously there to help, but with so little else to do she just watched diners. The feeling was that it was perfunctory. Like: "Ok.. here's your breakfast, but wouldn't you prefer to go out an eat at one of the much better places outside."

This was OK. That needs to be said up front. No Problems. Fine. Staff was fairly helpful. It was the last few days of our trip and we paid a little extra for the room that we had at previous places. We quickly realised that we were paying for the area and not for any thing special in the accommodation. And it is VERY well placed. At the Trocadero, lovely walk to the Eiffel Tower, plenty of restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Fantastic Location, Friendly and efficient Staff on arrival...

Fantastic Location, Friendly and efficient Staff on arrival and on Departure. Room was very comfortable very clean and a comfortable bed. Would have no hesitation in booking again. Very enjoyable and would recommend to friends and family.

Better than expected, good value for money, will do it again.

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. I speak about three phrases in French, but the man on reception spoke flawless English, and what's more he seemed happy to do so. Will stay there again without question.

Amazing Experience

Housekeeping could have been improved. Just little attentions to detail and things needed to be checked more. Things topped up and cleaned more would have made a better experience.

Room was a good size. Very close to restaurants and 5 minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower. Metro station over the road and could get anywhere in the city within minutes.

Wonderful and comfortable hotel just steps from the Metro 9 making travel easy!

I can't think of anything!

We loved our hotel room! Having stayed in several Paris hotels over the years, this one had more walking space in the room and the bathroom was spacious compared to the typical tiny bathrooms in the other hotels there. The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning was a huge welcome at the end of a hot day.

Get location safe and a lot of places to eat and just a few steps away fr the Eiffel Tower .

Was told we could leave our luggage for a fews days in the hotel and could not while travelling else where in France during our 4 days .

The bed and bathroom and no rugs .

Close to the Eiffel Tower, metro.

Site claims their is an airport shuttle but really they only can book you a taxi. Put the do not disturb sign up during our stay as we didn’t require our room to be cleaned. However on two different occasions cleaning staff entered our room anyway.

Close to the Eiffel Tower, metro. Clean rooms.

Very clean!

Very clean! Room is very small but it’s to be expected in Paris! Location is amazing. Staff is very friendly. Would definitely stay here again. You just have to be very organized since the rooms are small

The room was nicely furnished.

We stayed there 4 nights and the floor was full of hair. We dropped a peace of paper and it was still there... also the fridge was out of order from the beginning. We told them but nothing happened. The hair dryer stoped after using it for two minutes. When I complained they said it’s normal I shall wait for a minute and try again!

The room was nicely furnished. The bathroom was fairly new.

Loved to location and cleanliness of hotel.

Room was very small but very comfortable and clean. Once we adjusted to the size, all went well.

Breakfast was okay. Too much bread but that's just me!

Nice hotel in good place

Like all hotels in Paris the prices are too hight.

Nice small room in top floor. Bus stop ant Metro station only 100 meters from the hotel. Very good location.

Great place, great staff, great location.

My view out the window was a lovely stone wall. If you want a view make sure you request a front room. But it really was OK. I did not live in the room that much.

The staff were wonderful.

Pretty good, and we loved the location near the Trocadero Gardens.

Room was small, but this was my first visit to Paris and I am told that this is typical for the city. The elevator was out of commission one morning. Street noise was a problem.

Perfect location for Eiffel Tower, a little further out for other areas but depends on what you like

Non inclusive breakfast, would have been good to have breakfast included. Complimentary wate bottle in room not replaced after first day..

Service and location were superb. Cleanliness and standards were very good. Tea and coffee facilities in room and coffee at reception. (No English tea). Room to leave luggage on final day. Checking on arrival (we were early).

It was great!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it was recommended to me by a friend.

The ac wasn’t turned on yet for the summer months. So during the day a little hot but manageable. Nighttime was good

Location, cozy bed and room, great for the price!

Excellent location. Close to metro and bus. Lots of cafes and restaurants close by.

Reception staff were extremely helpful. Hakim and another gentleman cannot remember his name were excellent. One gentleman went out of his way to show me exactly where my bus stop was. Couldn't be better.

Rooms need to be bigger.

Recommending restaurants and shops. Maybe a language problem.

Quality of service was lacking. Location was great. Bed was comfy. Never ate any food. Too many cafes nearby.

Great location!

The room was good sized. But the pillows or linens must have not been cleaned in a while. Something in the room bothered my allergies and I was sneezing constantly.

Nice and unforgettable trip.

Nice Hotel, and the staff was very nice with my family; the located us in a room with a great view at the Eiffel Tower. I can suggest this hotel as a nice place to be in Paris.

The location was exceptional with Eiffel tower 2 min walk...

There were two beds joined together instead of one and that's quite uncomfortable with a baby Plus the place is not at all child friendly

The location was exceptional with Eiffel tower 2 min walk away

normally I am not a big fan of Paris hotels but this one is pretty good

price could have been a bit lower but Paris is Paris of course...

superlocation. roomsize quite ok for Paris standards. my room at the back was very quiet. certainly will come back.

All ok during stay but bad experience at check-out, will not be staying here again!

Room very small In-room coffee horrible An issue I had was dealt with badly and they took money from my debit card without me authorizing it (whilst I was still there) and the receipt for this was just tucked into the top of my friend's bag whilst they stored the luggage for us on the last day. When we returned to collect luggage it was not mentioned!!!! We did not notice it until we were home.

Location excellent Check in easy Room clean and bed comfortable Good to have bath as well as shower

Building was incredible and location was central and...

Building was incredible and location was central and convenient with the Trocadéro metro right across the road. The loveliest cafes in Paris are in the area and the Eiffel Tower can we viewed by just crossing the street. A definite must for Paris travelers.

I surprised my mom with a trip to Paris for a big birthday,...

I surprised my mom with a trip to Paris for a big birthday, the hotel went above and beyond to accommodate us, we had a room with a view and it did not disappoint. I organised champagne in the room on the day of my mom's birthday and it was probably the best champagne we've ever had! Every night we looked forward to seeing the light show! The beds were super comfy and the room and bathroom were superb. The location was excellent, the metro station was only across the road along with beautiful cafe's and restaurants. We didn't have breakfast as there was a wide range of places to go to. We flew to and from Beauvais airport, the distance is about a 20 min walk but we chose to get taxi's to and from. Leaving the hotel to get to the bus depot, the hotel staff member made an extra effort to call and confirm what time our bus was departing. He also organised a taxi for the perfect time as the traffic in Paris is pretty hectic in the evening times! I hated leaving but c'est la vie! We will most definitely be back again in the future.

The room was spacious for central Paris and very comfortable.

The room was spacious for central Paris and very comfortable. Excellent customer service and location. Safe neighbourhood with lots of restaurants and just few steps from Trocadero/ Eiffel Tower.

Beautiful view, extremely kind staff, larger than average room.

The bathroom had an electric towel rack that was set to the highest setting when we checked in. Neither one of us noticed how hot it was and it gave my wife first degree burns when she bumped into it! Not at all a deal breaker, but patrons should definitely look out for this and maybe the hotel can do something about it.

The room was a little bit larger than your typical Parisian hotel, had a typical layout, and a VIEW OF THE EIFFEL TOWER. I booked the room and expected a street view because the price was comparable to other small hotels in the area, but I’m astounded by the size of the room and the view! Definitely not a high-end suite, but absolutely a good value.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

My room was not clean when we came back from our tour around 5 but the room attendant was very attentive & she provided us service immediately.

I had trouble parking & the manager rode with me to show me where the parking garage was located. The staff was very friendly & helpful. The hotel is located in the perfect spot. It’s literally a 2-3 minute walk to the Tower & their are so many restaurants within walking distance.

This is an excellent location to base yourself.

The hotel is right beside the busy Trocadero. Expect traffic noise consistent with location.

Location is excellent. Hotel spotless. Staff very friendly & helpful.

The staff was good and friendly and helped us anytime we...

The room was very small and not convenient for a couple if they wish to stay for a long time.

The staff was good and friendly and helped us anytime we needed them. The room was clean and the bathroom was clean and pleasant as well. The location was good with a few places within walking distance where you can eat and drink with a view of the tower.

TO EXPENSIVE FOR JANUARY..... SORT OUT BREAKFAST...

€370 two nights stay..... room to small also dark felt like a small spare room at your granny’s. Also breakfast a shambles.... tiny coffee machine placed in a corner... making everyone wait until that tiny machine delivered 1 cup.... to start getting some food.... My beef would be €200 not a penny more.... SORRY FOR THE STAFF BUT THATS THE CASE....

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.....

Good option for the Eiffel Tower

I think my room was designed for handicapped people because there was a stool under the shower and no differentiation between the floor of the shower and the rest of the bathroom floor. So when I took a shower the whole floor got wet. Fortunately the bath rug was absorbent enough to dry it up quickly. The breakfast was way too expensive at 16€.

The location is excellent, practically on the Place du Trocadéro. The bed was comfortable and the room was a decent size.

The location, right in front of Trocadero and a good view of...

The room was a bit too small - although I had expected that, but still it felt a bit cramped up in there.

The location, right in front of Trocadero and a good view of the Eifel Tower. The staff was helpful and the property was quite clean and well maintained.

To avoid at all costs if you want to sleep late

VERY NOISY - NO SOUND PROOFING - hearing doors slamming when other guests go back home - at 9am on Sunday, the cleaning staff starts making rooms and uses vacuum in the next rooms until noon, making it impossible to sleep

- location is impossible to be better: perfect - clean

Bad hotel in my whole life experience

A lot. I loss my belongings (2 plastic bags of clothes) due to the cleaning staff dumped it into trash and the hotel not even try to response my complaint and just keep silence. Better save your money and spent it wisely in better hotel, not this one because once you got same experience as i had, you will feel deeply regret to stay here.

Nothing. Only location.

I really liked the location, and the staff were fantastic.

The first time I stayed here the room was small, but quite standard for hotels in Paris.

I really liked the location, and the staff were fantastic. This was my second time staying here and I was given a nicely sized room with a great view of the Eiffel Tower.

Clean room, nice bathroom, great location, excellent coffee...

Lady at breakfast doesn't speak any other languages except French.

Clean room, nice bathroom, great location, excellent coffee at breakfast... helpful staff.

All in all a pleasant stay.

Breakfast is too expensive for what it is (at 16 euros). And minibar fridge didn't work which was slightly annoying (but not a big problem).

All in all a pleasant stay.

Location is amazing.

This was a second time I stayed at BW Au Trocadero. Loved the first time I stayed here earlier this year. Staffs were wonderful. I got a good room with view of the Eiffel Tower. The room was large (Paris' standard off course), with 2 twin beds. Shower & Tub. This time around - not sure if it's because I booked through Booking.com (previously via Expedia), I requested the same 2 twin beds room, and they placed me in a very small room, on the ground level, with small windows facing the courtyard. The room was very stuffy. Bathroom was so small. Shower was only covered with curtain - and water splashed everywhere in the bathroom whenever you took a shower. Floor was always wet. And then, we found ants on the counter and on the table. Because the room was small, when the heater was turned on at night (heater was central), the whole room became a sauna. Because of its great location (only a few feet from Metro station); plus my father and I were tired from 7 days of walking pilgrimage, we decided to stay a few more days at the hotel. We moved to a different room that slightly bigger, but still facing the courtyard. The rates went up significantly between $160-220 during those few days.

Location is amazing. Conveniently located near Trocadero Metro (M# 9). Lots of brasseries around. 2 pharmacies near by. Grocery Stores around the corner. Bakeries at the opposite block. View of the beautiful Eiffel Tower - EVERYDAY! Not from the hotel (unless you get the lucky rooms) - but definitely your view in and out of the hotel :)

A hostel.

It's a disaster this place. The room was, i'd say, about 6 sqm. Windows opened directly on the pavement. The photos talk for themselves.(the man in the photo was our morning window view).

The receptionist -Christine- a very nice, helpful person. She is too good for that "hotel".

Don't book this property at all

Almost everything. There was no choice of room. Tiny room at huge price. No space in the room to keep my luggage. The bed was most discomfort. The 2 beds kept on separating throughout the night. Could not sleep at all. When complained, the hotel staff said, he cannot help as all rooms are booked. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Too dissatisfied!!!! 😪

Proximity to Eiffel Tower.

Nice place to stay the night and visit Paris during the day.

The bathroom needed some maintenance. It doesn't really has a shower.

only a few steps from Trocadero, very close to the Eiffel Tower. Great location and clean rooms. Convenient transfer to the airport.

Location is great, if you will take the airport shuttle from CDG the drop off point is right by the hotel. rooms are clean, staff is so nice specially Monsieur yacine Dermouche who was exceptionally nice and friendly to us. i have stayed there before and i will definitely stay here again

Great location, had a partial view of Eiffel tower from the...

Room was quite small but we didn't spend much time in the room so was not a big issue.

Great location, had a partial view of Eiffel tower from the window. Comfortable stay. Airport bus stops 1 minute walk from this hotel so very convenient to get here. Next to the metro station and a short stroll away for Eiffel Tower. Perfect for one night stay.

Ok. Breakfast and staff could have been better.

Staff was not very helpful. The person in front lobby was so rude and was not able to help us with business center. Instead he started pushing me out from business center. Extremely rude.Also they messed up with our hotel billing. They charged us for breakfast even if we did not eat.

I'll recommend his hotel to friends in the future. Thank you

There was a front desk African American gentleman not helpful at all (asked for hop on hop off bus details and he said I don't know ) and when I came in from the Eiffel Tower light show around 12:30 he was asleep at the front desk. Very unprofessional.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. I didn't get names but one of the hotel gentleman was extremely helpeful. Thank you

Perfect choice to get a perfect impression of Paris

All is well

Perfect location, just a couple of steps from the metro station Trocadero. Very clean and fresh room. Had a cup of coffee in the lobby just before leaving, that was one more pleasant bonus from the hotel)))

Terrific location.

Terrific location. Could see the Eiffel Tower from the room!! Tons of restaurants nearby, couldn't imagine a better location. Front desk also arranged an airport shuttle for us that was super cheap. Great value, and really helpful staff.

excellent hotel to stay in Pairs!

convenient location, close to airport shuttles and metro station. close to famous sight seeing. professional reception desk and clean services. fast internet. modern facilities. quiet and clean room.

The sink was blocked in our original room, the subsequent confusion around which room we should have been in. In the room we were left with the bed was too small to be considered comfortable by reasonable standards.

Very centrally located.

Underground parking was a few streets away and quite costly, but that is more to do with the location downtown Paris than with the hotel.

Very centrally located. Half-way between the Eiffel tower and the arc de triomphe, both at walking distance. There is also a subway stop just outside the hotel. The hotel is much smaller than we expected, which was actually quite nice. The breakfast was great too.

Perfect location.

Perfect location, nice room, very friendly and helpful staff. We would like to say big thanks to Christina, she made our stay unforgettable. Definitely we will come back.

Eiffel Tower Few steps away .. but no airport transit as advertised

They ad free airport shuttle to cdg but they do not provide it they tell you to go to another location but good luck finding it! We had to take a taxi cost us $50 (ride to cdg is about an hour to airport)

If u want to see the effile tower out of your window or a few minutes walk then I highly suggest staying here Room is very small but has everything you need including a tea pot! Super clean Safe neighborhoods A bit loud traffic Soooo close to everything especially effile tower! Great internet

Great location if you want to visit Eiffel Tower everyday

Room size tight and small.

Great location. Very close to the Eiffel Tower. 3 minutes walk. Nice view. Still many shops & restaurants open at night. Nice environment.

Beautiful location

Some of the Staff reception.

Amazing views and fantastic location, some of the staff are quite rude but other than that very nice if you get a room with view of Eiffel Tower.

Great Stay

We stayed at the Best Western au Trocadero in the middle of May. It's located in the heart of the city and only a walk away from the Eiffel tower and Arc de Triumphe. So close that we could see the tower from our room. There were also restaurants right across the street which made eating out easy and accessible. We were greeted very kindly upon arrival and the hospitality was great. We shipped our city attraction/metro passes to them so we would have it once we got to the hotel when we first arrived and they had it ready and waiting. The room and the hotel as a whole was very clean. Both the room and bathroom had a nice amount of space. The room was open and included two windows that let the fresh air circulate throughout it which was really nice. We checked out a few hours before we had planned to leave Paris and they gladly let us store our luggage at the front desk until we were ready to come back and get them.  I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning on visiting Paris.

Great location and staff!

The room wasn't cleaned very well and small, even by Paris standards. The matras and the towels had seen better days and are in need of replacing.

The staff was excellent.

Poor Staff, Poor Facilities - No air conditioning. (but good location)

First of all, upon our arrival, we were greeted by who claimed by other staffs to be hotel manager, whom isn't really friendly. After we checked into the room, my husband & I were both sweating in the room because it was SO WARM, it was 32deg outside and there is no air conditioning available. We went down to speak to the receptionist (who supposedly is the manager) was very rude, almost yelling " What I can do! the air conditioning is not working. Besides, the air conditioning is NOT included yet in our hotel service, it should only starts late June" - We paid EURO 150 for the first night and EURO 220 for the second night. The weather was scorching hot outside and all we got was poor service from the manager/reception telling us we contract to no air conditioning when it is clearly stated in booking.com that air conditioning comes free! In addition, right after we checked in, a housekeeper woman just gain access to our room while we were lying down on the bed trying to nap. The room size is tiny, which is what we expected in central paris, but the poor services of the staff and facilities of the hotel makes it the worst hotel we have stayed in Paris after 5-6 visits over the years. With the price we have paid, we could easily get another hotel with better facilities with equally good location, which we then switched to later. All in all, i am glad we split our stay in Paris to 2 hotels as we were thinking to stay in two different locations, and thank god we did.

We booked this hotel out of all good reviews on Booking.com. However, our stay clearly proves it wrong. What is the best from this hotel is probably the location if you want to be really close to Eiffel or Trocadero (it's almost right opposite) but nothing else about this hotel worth revisiting.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Perfect stay.. Very satisfied with everything!

nothing.

The location was amazing. Trocadero metro station just few walks from hotel entrance. If you bring luggage you can use the exit with escalator, just follow the eiffel direction (its the most popular exit). Uncountable Cafe and restaurant around the hotel.. you will never be hungry! The staffs are all helpful. They can keep our luggage before and after check in-check out with no time limits. They also helped us reserve a luxury van to our next destination. I'm so impressed with the service. The room size is normal, not too small and not too big, but very clean and i love that there is electric kettle available in the room with tea and coffee. Very worth it with the rate, definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and will comeback again if I came to paris in the future :)

Don't waste your money on this hotel

Night staff was super rude and grumpy

We arrived late in the evening the man on the desk was incredibly rude. We were given direction to our room, after we had to ask. I wanted 2 extra pillows and was told this wasn't possible as he was on his own and they didn't have any. The toom was so tiny and you open the door and immediately fall on the bed. We didn't bother with breakfast as it didn't look very nice anyhow and after his rudeness we didn't want to spend anymore money there at 26 euros per person. The bed was uncomfortable and I kept falling into the centre, so did my partner, hardly romantic!!

A great location and very comfortable

Nothing really beyond the rooms being a little larger and it's not really a complaint as everything else was very good!

The room was quite small but very comfortable. It's in a really good location and the metro is on your doorstep. We had a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. The staff were polite and helpful. I've just recommended the hotel to a friend of a friend as I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Great Location for Eiffel Tower and Easy Access Public Transportation

I have no complaints about the hotel at all!!!!

This hotel has an awesome view from room 32 I believe. The room itself was very clean and I loved it. The location is exceptional! I was able to look out of my window and had a view of the Eiffel Tower. The price for a double bed was nothing for the view. I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel. The people were lovely and very attentive. I did not eat their breakfast, but it looked lovely. I wanted to go out and eat for breakfast, nothing against hotel at all! I will stay there again; I already have plans to go back.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Excellent location, walking distance to Eiffel Tower and Arc of triumph

Rooms are relatively small, but, that's Paris 😀

Location is just perfect. The view on trocadero and Eiffel Tower. Staff very helpfull, i have asked for few small things re business needs and got immediate help.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Short trip to Paris

The bed was very uncomfortable. Our room was very small with bedside tables sticking over the bed. There was a lot of traffic noise all night.

The location was right next to the metro station and we could see the Eiffel Tower from our room.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

DONT STAY HERE! Rude staff. On going building work next door. Room left unlocked for an entire day by staff member. Useless customer care team. Checked out early due to these reasons, far better hotels in this area.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Great hotel and value for money!

Not much really but if i were to be picky, no washer or near any laudromat.

- very near metro (just opp from trocadero metro) - walking distance to eiffel - surrounded by many eateries and short walk to convenient stores - very clean rooms and comfy beds - friendly staff Overall superbly value for money! Will definitely return and recommend to anyone coming to paris

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

great location, very clean, the view from the window on the...

great location, very clean, the view from the window on the Tour Eiffel, the entrance to the subway directly to the hotel against a surprising number of restaurants .

Best hotel for convenience

It was great have being going there 11 years

So near eiffle tower and very accessible to buses to Montmartre and gallery la fette and river boat to notre Dame and the lover

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

A dark first night

My first room didn't have lights that worked, nor did the shower head stay in the holder. Staff gave me a lamp for the night, and moved me into another room upon my request for the remainder of the stay.

The bed was comfy and the view was awesome.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Well worth stay.

WiFi in our room was not so fast mainly at night, but at the lobby area it worked good.

Really very well located. Few steps from subway, Eiffel Tour view at the corner of the hotel and 10 minutes walking only to get there. Surrounded by Cafes.