Reviews of Mercure Bordeaux Aéroport 4 stars

1 Avenue Charles Lindbergh, 33700 Mérignac, France

#14 of 33 hotels in Mérignac

• Classic Double Room

The air conditioning in my room was not functioning properly and was unpleasantly hot. I could have asked to change rooms but at 3 o'clock in the morning I thought it would be too much of a hassle.

The staff were friendly and welcoming, polite and professional. They were obviously busy and yet at no time did I feel that they didn't have the time to deal with me. I have been travelling through Bordeaux frequently over the last year, and will continue to do so. Each time I have visited the city, I have stayed somewhere different, trying to find a hotel to which I can return. I liked the Mercure because it is close to the airport, handy for those early morning flights. I was surprised with the decor, finding it pleasantly inoffensive and interesting with its themed floors. I was expecting it to be soulless and bland, cramped and awash in mdf furniture. Sure, it's part of a chain and an "airport hotel" to boot, which don't produce the most attractive images, but for what it is, the Mercure is an excellent choice and I highly recommend it.

• Classic Double Room

Perhaps the hotel was understaffed on the day we were there - but it did take a while to get a drink...?

Great breakfast and some lovely quirky features such as each floor having the theme of a different continent. We stayed on floor two which was based on Africa.

Had to ask to change rooms as the air conditioning was not working - not done easily. Not enough staff so everything took longer.

The second room had good air conditioning, soundproofing from outside and was clean.

The breakfast is not great if you are vegan. Only meat and eggs.

Super close to the airport, i would recommend this hotel if you are needing to travel early or arrive in Bordeaux late. Otherwise stay in a more glamours location. This hotel is fit for purpose and very new. The room is very comfortable and there is free shuttle bus to the airport every 30 mins.

I left my telephone in the room and I was extremely disappointed that it was not recovered. The cleaning staff are the only ones to enter the room when I left. The telephone was on the side table near the bed, it was not handed in to the hotel. I think they have a major problem there. This must happen a lot and they do not have a working system to deal,with it.

Good food

• Classic Double Room

Bed VERY hard and uneven. Mattress probably OLD. Compressor or Fans from Kitchen running all night. Very noisy. Poor night's sleep

Decor OK Near Airport

• Classic Double Room

It’s not that close to The terminal The shuttle only starts at 05:30 so I had to take a cab (10 Euros) to catch my 06:15 flight to Paris. The restaurant has inconvenient hours.

It’s fine for an airport hotel

We always enjoy staying at Mecure Merignac Aeroport - Comfortable easy access for collecting car hire, pleasant staff and will continue to staying there in the future.,

100/100

• Classic Double Room

Parking situation is awful due to conferences. The only place I could find was illegal. Then I moved the car to a legal space, not a marked space, which left my car at risk from other drivers trying to manoeuvre around it. Nor good enough.

Restaurant is well run, though expensive.

• Classic Double Room

Even when airconditioning was closed the rooms was Hot, and you can not open Windows, some of the covers wasnot clean

You can walk to airport, brand New furniture

But by the second stay after spending time in 3 other 4-star hotels, I was more critical. The hot shower that I had so enjoyed the first night I realized had an absolutely treacherous tub, with the bottom very rounded. The food, was less that stellar. The room had no air-conditioning and absolutely NO mechanical way to get the hot steamy air from that hot shower out of the rather small room. I called the desk to ask about the air-conditioning. I got the very typical answer, that the air had been turned off for the season. I asked if there was at least a fan option. The answer, “No, but you can open the window.” That might have been a reasonable answer, if I wan’t a few hundred feet from an extremely busy highway loaded with diesel fume belching, noisy vehicles and within a mile or two of a noisy airport. And I have always had an issue with European hotels that claim to be four star and turn the air-conditioning on and off on an arbitrary schedule that doesn’t consider the actual temperature.

I stayed in this hotel twice. Once when arriving in Bordeaux and once the night before my flight out. The 1st night, I was just so pleased to have finished a 19 hour journey (includes drive to airport, flight, layover, and another flight) that a hot shower, food, and a bed were more than enough to make me happy.

Shower hada little mildew on walls, water temperature fluctuating uncontrollably during shower

Quiet, close to the airport, hip modern design room, comfy bed, helpful friendly staff

• Classic Double Room

The hotel was OK, but was somewhat higher in price than other nearby airport hotels. For that reason, I thought maybe it would be somewhat nicer than a bare bones airport hotel. It had a restaurant and breakfast facilities which looked nice but we did not eat there, so I have no opinion on that. The room was just OK. The carpet was stained and shower tile needed some work. There were zero toiletries and although there was a pot to make coffee there was only an already half-used packet of dried coffee to use. The TV only showed a channel devoted to tourist information. It served our purpose.

Location is convenient to airport; the hotel is very serviceable if you need to be close to the airport.

• Classic Double Room

This is an airport hotel with no clock in the room and no electrical plug near the bed. Means you have to plug in your phone/alarm away from the bed and get up to check it or turn it off.

• Classic Double Room

Cheapest plastic cups; very badly designed shower with poor insulation and worse drainage; impossible aircon switch; no shampoo, just a squeeze bottle of Industrial chemical. Breakfast would be poor if free, but for Eu 16?? Powdered eggs? Very little variety. Poor juices and machine coffee - come on !!

Shuttle to airport.

The room smelled like an ash-tray. There was even an ash-tray provided in a supposedly smoke-free room. They should really refresh these rooms -- it is a bit depressing.

Location is excellent for leaving early. Their shuttle is reliable.

• Classic Double Room

Nothing really - this was an over night stop en route to our summer holiday and fitted the bill perfectly. The Shuttle bus was very useful from the airport to the hotel and back again to the car hire.

Pleasant staff and a good value dinner in the hotel restaurant

• Classic Double Room

The hotel only really serves full, expensive (I'm sure they are great quality) meals. They really should offer "bar snacks"... we ate before arriving to relax for the evening before an early flight and found our choices to be Pringles/Toblerone from the minibar or a €20 meal. Finger food, a sandwich, even some fries would have been great. Maybe they offer them, if so, it's not clear.

Nice hotel, efficient shuttle service to airport every 30 mins. Decent outdoor pool, very quiet when we visited. Rooms lovely, spacious and spotless with quality TV and a shower/bath. Barman was warm and friendly. Probably around a mile from the airport so busy road but soundproofing was good and aircon works properly. Good choice at breakfast.

• Classic Double Room

Really rather a bad experience - the air conditioning did not work in a South facing room, the room keys did not work and the lavatory was continually dripping. We complained to the girl at the desk and although she admitted that the hotel was not full she did not offer to give us another room and we did not insist. Her remedy for the failure of the air conditioning was to open the windows - at an airport hotel!!! She admitted that the room keys often did not work. The pillows were very uncomfortable and the duvet was too hot - we took it out of its cover so we could sleep under the sheet without the duvet. It was our worst experience of 6 hotels in Spain, London and France on a 13 day holiday. Would not recommend Mercure again. Premier Inns any time for us.

• Classic Double Room

The first room on the second floor which had a modern look, had a real poor view, a roof... after a change, the other room on the fifth floor was rather old fashioned. The shower was too small. Although it was confirmed at arrival in Mercure Merignac when we showed our membership card (we stayed three nights), we were disappointed that we did not get points, nor bonus points on our stay. The frontdesk staff in Mercure in Tours informed us (Merignac staff didn't) when we presented our card and double checked, no points at all. Unfortunately we booked via 'Booking.com'. This will not happen to us another time... next time we book via Accor.

The hotel over all and the rooms were clean, the breakfast offered was very good and the staff in the restaurant was helpful.

• Classic Double Room

The Asian themed room felt old and tacky - not at all what we expected from the photos. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. There was lots of noise all through the night from throughout the hotel which made it near impossible to sleep. The air conditioning wasn't working (possibly still set to 'winter' mode even though it was 28 degrees c). Bathroom had a number of long black hairs around it, built-in hair dryer was ancient and almost overheated when using (had to stop using it as it was burning my hand). Definitely not worth 145 euros a night (standard double).

Reception staff were extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was of a good standard with lots of variety. Ample onsite parking (free). 1,50 gets you a round trip to the centre of Bordeaux by bus (very close by) which was great value and worth doing if you can spare the 45 min journey time (each way).

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Classic Double Room

The bed was the most unconfortable ever (very hard) and also the pillows (too high). The airport shuttle left 10 minutes late from the hotel.

The breakfast was good. Bus connections from city center & airport are excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Classic Double Room

Getting some products in the bathroom such as body lotion, ... Proper cup for coffee and tea in the bedroom instead of paper cups

Nice room - clean, spacious and very quiet Awesome colorful light in the bathroom Huge bed Bathtub Nice staff Fast check in Easy wifi access Airport shuttle fast Yummy breakfasts (with Nespresso coffee!!!) Cosy bar with nice wine selection Awesome room service

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

Close to the airport so makes a great jumping off point. Good restaurant with both a restaurant menu and a bar menu, so you can go light or big as you choose. Close to bus stop for ride into Bordeaux.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

Nothing really. Did what we needed with a bit of style.

Great hotel. Good choice of food and comfy room. Staff very attentive. Nothing too much trouble.felt very at ease and rested.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

The elevator makes so much noise. Ensure you ask for a room far away from the elevator.

It's close to the airport and has double windows and double doors so very quiet from outside noises (except for the above issue)

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

I was bitten severely by insects and am fearful that they were bedbugs.

The staff was very helpful and responsive to our requests. They communicated well in English.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Wasn't keen on decor of room but was modern and fresh. No English TV.

Easy to find and there's a regular bus close by which takes you in to Bordeaux for €1.50 !! Hotel feels new and bathroom was lovely. Tea and coffee in room and good WiFi.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

We had the worst service ever experienced in France in the Restaurant. We were among no more than 6 people in the Restaurant to start with and there were three waiters. The Restaurant was never full. Quite apart from answering his phone twice while he was taking our order, one waiter was unbelievably rude throughout and when I asked him if we had been forgotten when our single order failed to arrive after more than an hour, he announced that the chef was overwhelmed and was verbally aggressive when I questioned why all other clients around us had been served even though they had arrived after us. Overnight, the water supply to the hotel had to be cut off because of a leak. With an early morning flight departure for our son, we had to go to a nearby Ibis Styles for a shower.The toilet in our son's room had been smelly from the beginning. I realise that the water problem could not have been foreseen.

Perfectly functional hotel with some very good female staff, including the excellent Receptionist who dealt very efficiently with a crisis situation overnight as the main front line person. In view of this crisis,we did not pay for our rooms and we also appreciated the reduction in our restaurant bill resulting from our complaint about the dreadful service we received. In the Restaurant, there was only one waiter who had the decency to apologise for the and unexplained delay in bringing our order: we appreciated his comment as we left as he had been witness to his colleague's appalling behaviour. The staff in the Ibis Styles who dealt with us when we were obliged to go there for our shower etc were excellent.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Carpet is old and not so clean. Yellow stain visible in front of toiletbowl. Hair of other guest is sticking out of the 'clean' towel in the bathroom.

Free parking Free wifi Nice bed Friendly staff at the reception

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

I was on my way to Madrid but had an extra day to visit Bordeaux, which the staff helped me find my way in to town to visit. It was exc eptionally close to the airport

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Service in the restaurant was considerate enough but really lacked attention.

Lovely reception, helpful staff, clean, comfortable room. Shuttle to airport took 2 mins.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

The staff in the breakfast room was very rude. The hotel transportation left us on the wrong side of the airport and the driver didn't care at all

the location

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Classic Double Room

Could have been more selection for the hot breakfast

Staff were friendly and accomodating. We were able to check into our room early which was a big help. Also organised transport to the airport before the shuttle started.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Breakfast was basic - we walked in and out very quickly.

Superior room was surprisingly modern and very functional - decor even groovy. Staff very helpful.

Bad food

Staff

Bed very hard

Good access, cleanliness band decor good.

• Classic Double Room

Clean and comfortable, friendly staff and close to the airport.

• Classic Double Room

Very nice breakfast perfect hotel close to the airport

Shuttle to airport every 30 minutes, very convinient for early flights

Parking too small.

Nice near the airport.

• Classic Double Room

Lovely bedlinen, spacious room, quiet clean and smiling willing staff

• Classic Double Room

Loved the buffet at lunch. Comfortable bedrooms and good decor.

no airconditioning

• Classic Double Room

Bed pillows terrible. Seperate toilet very cramped

Dinner good. Breakfast excellent. Reception staff excellent and most helpful.

no dislikes

location and price

• Classic Double Room

Friendly and helpful staff, good facilities

Very tired rooms

Close to airport good breakfast

Great location. Everything works.

• Classic Double Room

The key did not work very often in the door. The air conditioning did not function at all.

Very comfortable, helpful staff

Very nicely decorated, comfy rooms.

Nothing in particular

Bed mattress was comfortable

• Classic Double Room

The hotel seemed understaffed and the room smelt of cigarettes and we are non smokers, for the price it was not great value!

The hotel is ok.

Kindness of the staff

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast - give it a miss. Not worth the money.

Clean, very comfortable and very easy access for airport with free shuttle bus

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

No AC in my room

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

everything

Nothing it was awful staff were arrogant

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Pillows and shampoo dispenser

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Classic Double Room

Conveniently located next to the airport!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

very good buffet at dinner and breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

Everything as usual excellent. That's why I always stay here!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

no shuttle to a/p for first flight to Paris!! worse in the world

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Dinner: the main dishe of the evening menu was more like an appetiser (very small quantity).

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

A convient stop en route south. Easy to find and good parking A good, if not overwhelming restaurant

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Comfortable bed nice restaurant

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

A very efficient and comfortable hotel, very close to the airport. The staff were excellent

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

Super convenient to Bordeaux aeroport. Much improved dining from prior stays.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

Dust on skirting boards, bedside lamp not working

Helpful staff, english spoken, restaurant on site (limited menu)

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Dirty and smelly, unacceptable!!

Near the airport

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Old furniture, weird smell in the room, on the corridor and in the lift

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Staff Freindly. Arrived early and gave me a room Straight away. Room pleasant.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The staff were very helpful and courteous, the room clean, comfortable and amazingly quiet given the proximity to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Comfortable airport hotel with helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

F&B operation mediocre at best People okay - food poor

Loved the young lady at the front desk