Reviews of Bradford Elysées - Astotel 4 stars

10 rue Saint-Philippe-du-Roule, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#75 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Superior Twin Room

Large room & bathroom, French doors to balcony, marble fireplace, comfortable bed, complimentary robe & slippers--just loved everything about the room! The staff was courteous & we enjoyed the complimentary snacks & drinks

• Superior Twin Room

Unfortunately, the beds were very, very hard. Other than the hard beds, we loved this hotel.

The staff were excellent and so helpful. The breakfasts were also very good. Loved the location, too!

The staff was very welcoming, helpful and lovely. We had the pleasure of being helped by both Christina and Serge. Both were so kind. The room had great attention to comforting details (refreshment mini bar, good coffee, nice toiletries, robes).

• Superior Twin Room

It would have been lovely if breakfast had been included in the price.

Very comfortable hotel tucked just off the Champs Elysees and great location. Friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Free soft refreshments and snacks in the lounge throughout the day and evening. Really recommend this hotel.

The food choices for breakfast buffet could have more variations say, including congee etc. At the same time, the hotel should fine-tune the water pressure in the hotel rooms. Well, there is a stable as well as a movable shower head in my room. I personally like to use the movable shower head and I think the water pressure is ok indeed, but it deteriorates after transferring the water from the stable shower head to the movable one (seems water is not coming out from all the holes). The hotel could have received even higher rate if such water issue did not exist.

The staff are extremely friendly, even when some customers walk-in the hotel restaurant for breakfast at the last second or even after the closing time! The hotel lobby / rooms are classy and clean. Breakfasts are delicious. Yet, what I like most of the hotel is that they do not accept tours from agencies in large groups (I guess) so that the tranquil environment and high standard of the hotel can be maintained. The last but not the least, the hotel location is very convenient and yet the rooms are quiet, since it is located at one of the back streets from Champs Elysees.

Don't have anything negative to say

Usually hotel beds are horifically uncomfortable but surprisingly here I had an uninterrupted nights sleep. Check in was an absolute pleasure. We got to the hotel 2 hours before we were allowed to check in and it wasn't a problem for the desk clerk - they just found a room for us that was ready so we could go straight to our room. Our bags were taken to our room for us which doesn't usually happen in other hotels we've stayed. Tea and cake was offered before going to our room which was also a first for us. The mini bar was included in our stay - another first for us. Location was perfect - we were within walking distance of the metro and train station. The staff were extremely helpful with directions and advice.

We stayed here for a week in March 2018 and would recommend this hotel to everyone!!! The staff were absolutely amazing, hotel was beautiful and very clean. The rooms were beautiful and so typically French. The location is perfect, very close to Champs Elysees & Arc de Triomphe and most of the other main attractions. Do yourself a favour and book this hotel. I promise you, you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Next time we go to Paris, we'll definitely be staying at The Bradford Elysees!

• Privilege Double Room

While charming, the antique lift was not practical for carrying large bags. The heat in the room was difficult to control. Breakfast was just ok.

Proximity to the Metro and Champs Elysees is superb. Terrace off of the room was very nice and offered a partial view of the Eiffel Tower. The room was spacious and very well decorated.

Perfect stay! Very charming hotel with wonderful personnel, very friendly and helpful! In terms of location, great choice! Very good breakfast was a pleasant bonus for the stay!

The room does not have proper air conditioning in winter. Either it gets too hot (to the point that I get totally soaked in my sweat while sleeping) or gets very cold since you have to manually do the air conditioning by opening the window. I have to add that there is a cooler in the room but its supposed to be used at summer time.

Very nice interior, full of color and full of minute details. The bar is almost always available as free, not only in this hotel, but also in all ASTOTEL hotels. Elevator is designed to accompany the class impression of the whole interior. Minibar, while not being exhaustive, is totally free of charge and is refilled everyday.

Beautiful hotel, helpful staff, comfortable rooms, very close to Champs Élysées. Very affordable by Parisian standards, considering its central location. Small & nicely decorated Bar, which is operated on a self-service basis, which I found to be novel. I will definitely return there when I return to Paris.

Slow/patchy WiFi.

Beautiful atmospheric hotel within walking distance of the champs elysees and other sites. Be warned, other than breakfast and pricy room service, there is no hot food. The free soft drink mini bar was excellent.

• Superior Twin Room

I could hear the toilet flushing as a shower on my head. Also noise coming from the upper floor I reported about it the first day and no action was taken.

Location and nice staff

• Superior Twin Room

Staff was so very friendly & helpful. They gave wonderful recommendations for eating. I had a 11 month old baby & they had a comfy cot, a bottle warmer, baby bath & a toy for him in the room. The hotel is beautifully decorated. Breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

We could hear noise from the neighbouring room in the middle of the night and therefore, we all woke up, not very nice.

The bed was really comfy, the room good size, the breakfast delicious and the staff at the reception and dining room outstanding.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

I like that staff is very pleasant and the idea of serving beverages and snacks during the whole day is new for hotels in Paris. Location of the hotel is very close to Metro station St philippe du roule .

• Superior Twin Room

The wifi wasn’t the best in the room, but we were on the 5th floor.

Such a beautiful boutique hotel! Exceptional service by the front desk staff, who were very kind and ready to answer all of our questions/requests. We stayed in a very beautiful, large room with a terrace! Walking distance to the luxurious stores of Champs Elysees and french cafes. I would definitely recommend staying here!

I cannot tell you how pleased we were with the entire stay at the Bradford. From the moment we got there, they were accommodating us. They were very attentive and friendly. The breakfast was fantastic- and the location was great!

This is an older property and the elevator while charming can also be irritating.

The staff at this hotel was excellent. Clara and Alam especially stood out. They treated us great and provided excellent service.

Everything was so great! We were in 3, myself, my husband and my 8-month-old baby boy. The care for the baby was really special, we loved every detail, the changing table, the crib, the bathtub, the little bear!!!! It was an memorable first travel offseas and stay in Paris for us! The breakfast was really good as well as the coffee-tea-cake table from 2pm-2am. We used the high chair for the baby and I gave him fruit. I did not ask for any special baby food, I made on my own (my choice). The bedroom and bathroom were clean and confortable. We will be back in 10 days for the end of our trip and we will try to stay in a bigger room but the superior classic room 34 was ok too! The location is awesome, really close to Champs Elysees and the building is nice and well cared. The staff is really nice and we were well treated in every interaction, even when the booked car did not picked us at the airport and we had to take a taxi to arrive. As I mentioned, we will stay again in the hotel and I highly recommend it for everyone.

The hotel tried to make me cancel my booking. I reserved the triple room under my husbands name which on booking.com said was suitable for 2 adults, one toddler and a baby. They said they could not accommodate this many people. Once I told them that I had booked a triple room along with 3 other rooms (under my name), they decided to accommodate us.

The breakfast was good, the staff was super nice and friendly.

The sound insolazione could be improved: we could hear neighbor room watching TV

Great idea to have self-service bar and complementary afternoon snack. Friendly staff and spacious room

Was a little off the beaten track but 5 minutes to tube stations , service , staff and size of room We're excellent , lovely breakfast and again staff were very helpful , I would recommend and would stay again

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Privilege Double Room

Staff and accomodations were great. Precious boutique hotel in a charming area, lots of cafes and shops in walking distance. Will definitely book again!

Garret room was hot when A/C had pro blems; temp got into upper 80's even after midnight but no price rebate given. Room bed not made well; no turn down/chocolates, etc because we were above the top floor of elevator and maid couldn't bother climbing from floor 5 to floor 6; bathroom had two steps up right next to sink and toilet, crying out for a misstep at night. And this for ~ $300/night at a supposed 4-star hotel. We won't come back.

Location, cleanliness, spacious room.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Fabulous centrally located hotel. The rooms were large and luxurious as were the bathrooms. Breakfast was great and we were pleased to have access to a free mini bar and free drinks and nibbles in the dining room. The staff were very pleasent and helpful

Not their fault but the bar was closed due to a burst pipe lifting the wood floor. Nothing else you could fault them for.

Great hotel in a fantastic location, just 7 minute walk to the Champs Elysee. Very helpful staff and very clean hotel. Great choice for breakfast. Some really great bistro's just outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Nothing to suggest.

The breakfast was the best I have had in France and it was nice to be served tea and coffee at our table. The room was a good size, clean and nicely furnished. We could even see the Tours Eiffel from our bedroom window if we 'poked' our heads out.

Spacy rooms (as for Paris), small balcony, very good noise cancellation due to double windows (wooden and plastic), free minibar and free snackbar in all of the Astotel hotels network make it a perfect place to relax and have a nice stay in Paris.

A bit pricy...

Slept like a log due to a very comfy bed, firm mattress, two single duvets, not one large double. Good size room and bathroom. Nice breakfast. Nice staff(speaks English). We thought it a very good concept, that there is a free soft drink minibar in the room, a free variety of snacks, fruit and non-alcoholic beverages near the reception area and that the quest are welcome to visit the other Astotels (6-7-ish of them in Paris, I think?) to use lavatories and have some water, coffee/tea and a snack.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The location, just off Champs d'Elysees, is great for visiting the famous street and surrounding monuments (l'Arc de Triomphe etc.). However it's an extremely busy area of Paris with heavy traffic. It's a must-see but for my next trip I would rather stay near Montmartre or somewhere less congested.

The hotel is beautiful. Rooms are huge by Paris standards with modern decor. The common areas are also beautifully decorated and facilities are great (free coffee/tea/snacks all day in the team room). Staff were exceptional.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

There was no air conditioning in the bedrooms as the system was still on the winter setting, which meant we were too warm at night during the spell of warm weather.

We loved the stylsh decor and old lift. We enjoyed the complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the day, the great breakfast spread and evening honesty bar. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Local Traffic noise at times was a little excessive, With car horns sounding late at night, particularly on Friday and Saturday.

The breakfast was sensational, made from local produce and beautifully presented.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The public areas and room were just far too hot the whole time. Turn down the heating!

Very pleasant boutique hotel. Friendly staff, good sized clean rooms. Free soft drinks in minibar and tea etc and cakes available free all day in lounge. Great location. Restaurants nearby. Not cheap, but this is just off Champs Élysée in Paris...

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Everything was perfect.

Free food and drinks in the bar all day long, couldn't taste nicer. Really impressive! Big rooms, clean facilities. Nice people. A 10 points hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Lift was unnerving but worked well. our bathroom was on the small side but I suppose for central Paris was adequate.

Staff friendly and helpful,nothing was too much trouble.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

We booked a double bed, but in our room we had two single beds next to each other.

We visited the hotel after our tour through Europe and it was a great end to our holiday. Very good location, friendly staff and beautiful hotel

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Excellent location less than 5m walking to reach Champs Élysés in the center close to Marriott Hotel . Free Snacks facilities available from 2pm to 1pm in all there hotel chain.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Just a beautiful hotel. Classy, unobtrusive service. Balcony with a view of the Eiffel Tower. Understated but beautiful decor. File under 'boutique hotel'.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

No complaints!

The beds are like fluffy little clouds, service is excellent (especially Laurent at the breakfast room and Jonathan & Billy for housekeeping) and the food at the hotel is amazing! Very quaint and well-appointed interiors make the stay even more worth while. Location is perfect as its within walking distance to the metropolitain and Champs Elysees.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

It is my second time staying in this hotel in Paris! As usual, The staff is really helpful and attentive! The location is great and the room is nice! We enjoyed our stay there!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Very happy

I loved how personal it was, everyone was so friendly nothing was any trouble. We will return back to Oaris and we will definitely be back to this hotel

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

The hot food is very luke warm and slow to replenish. Most days it was not replenish in the time we were having breakfast.

Hotel is in a great position, close to metro stops, Short walk to Champs Elysse, Arc de Triumph. Staff are very nice, extremely helpful and professional. The breakfast is adequate. However on one website i read that it was complimentary, & on sites it was included or charged. Need to be consistent.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Wonderful ambience. Friendly staff ; particularly Tomas. High speed complimentary WiFi. Really nice touch of complimentary snacks. Great breakfast. Central location.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Cant think of anything really

The breakfast was one of the best I have had in Europe The location was excellent The room was quite spacious ans bed extremely comfortable Other additional nice touches are provision of the ironing board The decor was very unique

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The street is quiet which is a good thing (as it is not noisy at night) however it can be unsafe for women alone to be outside late at night or very early in the morning. Overall nothing negative to say at all.

The bed was extra comfy and the staff did everything possible to assist us. The rooms are a great size and we had a balcony. The hotel offers free mini bar which is great and also free snacks after 12pm in the restaurant (croissants, cheese, biscuits, whatever you like!) this was a great service to have after a long day out. We would stay again in a heart beat!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Superior Twin Room

This is my second stay here. The rooms are big with an old world field but with all the mod cons. Lots of little extras make it a great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Privilege Double Room

Loved the elevator! This hotel is extremely family friendly. There was a big enough crib for my daughter, a changing station with a soft mat for her and a little tub to put her in for a bath. Room was very big. My wife and I were able to site on the balcony after our daughter went to bed and enjoyed a bottle of wine, sandwiches and dessert.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

No assistance was given when I requested help with the luggage upon checking out. Reception replied they will send over help, but the help never came.

Room is comfy, breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Great location, about a 3 minute walk from a metro station in one direction, and a 3 minute walk to the Champs Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe. Lovely lounge and dining areas with free tea, coffee and cakes all afternoon and evening. Very reasonably sized bedroom and bathroom with bath. Complementary mini bar in the room, and tea/ coffee making facilities. Helpful, friendly staff, an absolute delight to stay there! Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The view from our room across the inner rooftops.

The size and comfort of the room and ensuite. Room 51. The staff were so helpful and friendly, particularly Adrien.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Nothing at all.

Cannot fault this hotel, perfect location, super clean and wonderful staff. Food was amazing and nothing was too much trouble. Wonderful and highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

The staff at reception were all very nice and helpful. They took great efforts to assist us on all matters. Breakfasts was delicious. Service good too. Complimentary light food, coffee, tea and juices served at dining room all day and night was a pleasant surprise. Lovely. Location was perfect. Quiet and just 5mins walk to Champs Elysees main street.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The staff were haughty and rude, which, when one is paying $400+ a night is really uncalled for. Please avoid this hotel if you have a choice, it is really not worth the money and as Stephanie (who can look down her nose at you from about 100 feet) was quick to inform me, you pay extra for breakfast. Bend over!

It is located near to many major attractions in Paris.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast wasn't included in the room rate

The rooms were big and well appointed. Staff went out of their way for us. Added bonuses - a help yourself bar where you record your drinks and give the record to reception. Also a salon to help yourself to tea, coffee, juice and snacks - free of charge.

Everything was fine...

Cozy place and the staff was very accommodating especially Cristina who was at the front desk... I recommend this hotel👍👍👍👍👍

Always enjoy my stays here. Simple hotel.

Sergey at the front desk was extremely helpful and is an outstanding representative of the hotel.

Staff and service

• Superior Twin Room

Great design. Very clean and comfortable. Perfect lounge and location. Actually close to 5 star hotels.

The room was spacious and the reception staff were very helpful and friendly.

The guy at the reception who received ua was very polite and efficient. We booked 4 rooms and it was upgraded. Big room and clean. Location is good.

• Privilege Double Room

Room was too hot and difficult to manage the temperature

The space of the room and the personnel kindness

Breakfast and honour bar

Comfy beds, quirky and interesting

• Superior Twin Room

Stay was over priced, almost at par with more luxurious options

Cleanliness, authenticity and breakfast

Always great.

It took an hour for them to deliver orange juice and fruit to the room.

Free snacks!

• Superior Twin Room

Good price/service for great location

Housekeeping in rooms is awful. They barely cleaned anything.

Tea-coffee bar during the day.

• Privilege Twin Room

Couldn't open the windows for some fresh air

Room 63 had a partial view of the Eiffel Tower which we were not expecting:)

Fabulous selection at breakfast Terrific range of free snacks and drinks ! The old lift was a cultural experience

Hotel style, cleanless, customer focus, breakfast, room size

Everything fine

Nice and quite rooms. Friendly staff. Very clean

• Privilege Double Room

Location, staff and room quality

• Superior Twin Room

Very professional and courteous staff. Exceptionally clean. Excellent location. Good sized rooms.