Reviews of Hôtel Brighton - Esprit de France 4 stars

218 rue de Rivoli, 1st arr., 75001 Paris, France

#264 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Breakfast room is too small. Tables limited. Guests sometimes had to wait to be seated, especially between 8:30 - 9:30 am.

We liked the location. We liked the breakfast room staff.

Checking out, we were told there was a taxi strike, and that we could not get a taxi to CDG. This was not true. There was no strike. He wanted us to go with a hotel car to the airport, which was much more expensive. We will not book here again.

We liked our room, which had a good view. We liked the breakfast room staff, and we liked most of the front desk staff.

The room was freezing cold (15C) when we arrived, and the hotel offered us two worn tiny electric heaters, clearly inadequate for a high ceilings and a 3 bed suite. We traveled with my frail mother and I had to make my dissatisfaction quite clear to be moved to a smaller but warmer room. The manager was notified next morning and offered a very friendly smile coupled with a complex explanation of the hotels heating system. Broken kettle, shabby and worn furniture, broken toilet flush came in the package with this 4 star costly hotel in the centre of Paris.

Fantastic location, walking distance to Louvre and close to the open deck city buses. The lady at the reception was very helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

The corridors are of a complex sttucture. It is not simple to carry bags, stroller or move on a wheel chair.

Great personnel, very responsive. Charming view and very comfy room conditions. Excellent location.

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

For some, elevator slow but we took stairs most of time.

The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed the location as ease of walking or metro to areas very good and restaurants in Montmartre nearby. View was tremendous. Staff very helpful in obtaining tickets for various activities.

• Classic Double Room

The room was very disappointing. Clean and comfortable but dark and small. Although this was a low end room the photos looked much better than the actual room. I was shocked when we arrived.

The staff was amazing. They are beyond helpful with directions and dinner recommendations. No problem was too big. Breakfast very nice.

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

First of all is the location: right across Rue de Rivoli from the Tuileries Gardens, to the left the Louvre, to the right the Place de la Concorde and a view of the Eiffel tower, right across the Seine is the Musee d'Orsay. The warm welcome and helpfulness of the staff were special. Rooms with the view are more pricey, but if you like quiet, the rooms facing the courtyard are also beautiful, and less expensive. All the rooms and public areas are very comfortable. The metro is right across the street, making this a perfect location for a first trip to Paris.

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

A full-height shower with curtain would have been good

Fantastic 180 degree view from Louvre, over Tuilliere Gardens to Eiffel Tower - magic in the early morning ! Friendly helpful staff, comfortable room

• Classic Double Room

A little close to the lift, so at times a little noisy...

Fantastic location and we were well looked after...room was large enough and it had a very nice bathroom, with lots of marble.

• Classic Double Room

We would have liked rooms on a higher floor with a view. Our view was obstructed by the large awning over the entrance. We would have liked a better shower.

Our two rooms were small and on the mezzanine. They had all the amenities, nice bedding, but the water pressure in the shower/bath was dismal. Three desk people were knowledgeable and very pleasant, but one man couldn't help my daughter with printing tickets. The continental breakfast was good.

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

Exhibition in the Tuileries across the road from the hotel and this was dismantled overnight - very noisy. Not the hotel's fault. Room was nice but not very big.

Staff very helpful. Breakfast choice and location very good.

• Classic Double Room

Nothing that I didn’t like really.

The shower was very good and the towels were super soft. Also loved the bathrobes. Having an espresso machine in the room is also a plus.

• Classic Double Room

Some noise from traffic during the day as it's such a busy area...and there were some upgrading works taking place one morning.

I've been to Paris several times and totally enjoyed my stay here - really genuine, friendly service in the hotel. It was my fiancé's first time so although I normally choose more residential areas, it was more interesting and lively for him. The location was extremely central and easy to find, so close to the RER connection to CDG airport too. The line 1 metro was literally across the road (Tuileries stop, not Rivoli). There was so much to see on foot - the Louvre, Place De La Concorde, Tuileries Gardens, Musée d'Orsay, the Bridges). There was a great boulangerie/patisserie around the corner on Rue St. Honoré across from a small fruit/veg shop. The room was double the size of what we expected - (room classique with lounge area and separate toilet/shower rooms) - excellent bed-mattress too. I would highly recommend the night boat trip from Pont Neuf, a short 15 min walk away.

• Classic Double Room

- My flight was canceled (Air France strike) and they charged me for one night anyway. "You call to AF and try to get your money back". As from experience they had two options: 1. To take all the hustle on customer and take money for me not being there. 2. To cancel, and try to speak to AF for loses, as I do on my regular basis when organising events or other hotels do in the world, when I encountered this kind of situation. They chose 1, saying they are very pro customer. Second time in Paris, second time problem with Air France but previous hotel canceled my reservation for free after I sent them my email from AF. Anyway I organised plane and been there eralier and stayed. - the elevators are probably the smallest I've seen. I actually liked it in some way :)

Very good location, very nice and helpful regular staff, manager play big boss which is not helpful in that kind of industry. The man who helped us carry the bags is so friendly!

Mohammed was great on the front desk and very kindly upgraded us to a deluxe room with fantastic view of the gardens, Louvre and Eiffel Tower. We usually use a hotel round the corner for the last few years but will be using this hotel from now on.

My husband and I were trapped in the elevator and managed to pry the door open and jump several feet to get out. Staff did not check to see if we were ok or in any way acknowledge. Felt oversold on rooms as one room could sleep 4, staff insisted we needed 5 rooms for 7 persons.

Upgraded to a larger room with Paris views upon check-in. Good for groups needing an array of rooms, Bar was lovely spot to relax with a cocktail. Bartender was charming. Great location for 1st timers.

Excellent location. Very close to the metro and the Louvre. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was large and comfortable. It was around the side of the hotel, not facing the Tuileries Garden BUT there was a balcony from which we could see the park! Excellent bathroom with walk-in shower and large tub. Paris is a great city and the Brighton is a great base for exploring it!

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

Close to the Lourve and the Eiffel tower both were within walking distance. The hotel is also close to shopping and excellent restaurants are within short walking distances.

• Classic Double Room

View wasn't great.Shower Head needed attention.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.Location was excellent.Breakfast was excellent.Room was relatively spacious.Very little noise .

Staff are friendly and helpful always cheerful location is perfect room size is good comfy beds breakfast buffet is small but have everything love it

• Classic Double Room

The hotel staff were wonderful, professional and very helpful, especially with transportation and taxi recommendations. Terrific location close to the Louvre, park and restaurants. Would stay here again!

• Club Single Room

either instant coffee sachets or a coffee machine!

Location was excellent - Tuilerie Gardens opposite, Louvre just up the road. I had a single room with a view over the gardens. Not huge but suited me. Very comfortable. Toiletries in bathroom were excellent - could have managed without taking any of my own stuff! Kettle in room was a bonus but tea bags only. When I called reception, man arrived with box of nespresso coffee pods - apparently most other rooms had coffee machine. No instant coffee sachets were available but he returned within minutes with a jug of fresh coffee.

• Executive Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

The only negative is the small size of the first passenger lift which is quite restricting. However there is a second lift which we made use of.

Breakfast is very good with a good selection to tempt the pallet and good value at 22 euros per perso.

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

The fact that more than half an hour before closing time, no room service was available. The poor wifi.

The views, the decoration, the comfort and nice heating.

• Classic Double Room

Staff was overwhelmed with only person managing the front desk. Check out took over half an hour because people kept coming to check in and they couldn't manage all the people. Room service took over an hour and a half, if it's not pre-ordering breakfast.

Perfect location to walk to anywhere in Paris and be near amazing shopping and hotels. The breakfast was a great value and perfect to start the day (we loved eating it in our room!).

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

Didn’t like being woken up 4.45am by a hotel porter who knocked on the wrong door to collect luggage... no apology received for the inconvenience; Tuileries gardens views are over-sold for rooms on top/5th floor... most of the view is restricted by walls of the hotel roof; Given it was a special anniversary celebration, I requested some extra touches in the room (flowers) that were promised but not delivered upon; booking directly through hotel would have included breakfast for same price... I learnt this to my cost.

Location is brilliant. Walkable (or quick metro ride) to most of Paris hotspots. Staff very friendly.

• Executive Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

Although they had a room service menu it was not available and the bathroom needed some attention.

Average breakfast,the hotel needs some renovation and it's on excellent location.

• Executive Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

I loved my first stay there a couple years ago but found this time to be below standard. I booked a suite with an Eiffel view and paid premium rates for it. However, construction was going on in the room next door, with loud banging and stomping waking me and my partner up very early. When I told the concierge about the issue, they promptly offered me a different room but it was a lower tier room. No offer of price difference refund was made to me, nor was any remuneration for the lousy sleep we had the first night. I expected more from Esprit de France.

The location can't be beat and the styling of the decor is perfect.

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

The room was tiny. It barely fit my 2 pieces of luggage let alone my friends. Because if this it was hard to move around the room.

The location was fantastic, right across from the Lourve and central to all other sites. The view from the balconette was wonderful. The rooms were clean.

Staff were very accommodating and made sure that all of our needs were anticipated. They knew we had a little baby and - without us asking - arranged a beautiful little baby wash bag with creams and lotions and a bottle warmer and a nappy bin. So helpful and nice.

• Family Suite

The location is perfect - close to all attractions & good restaurants, helpful staff. The family suit is pretty big and comfortable with 2 separate rooms. Good quality for the price.

• Classic Double Room

Email contact did not work, so I had to grab a cab at the CDG Airport. Also, room service company took two hours and food cold. So I refused to sign for it

Great staff

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

the room needed some painting and a bit more lighting. the breakfast prices were very steep.

the room was charming with the very best view that Paris could possibly offer. A truly fabulous location!! the staff was very helpful. It is my new "go to" hotel when I travel to Paris.

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

the room booked was given to someone else although we were assured of room 409 paid at time of bookig 4 wks in advance.this is the 3rd year in a row we stayed there LAST TIME.My wife was VERY unhappy.

• Classic Double Room

HVAC systems are old, it is an older building. Got hot at night and opened the window but there is much traffic noise.

Upgraded to room overlooking the Jardin des Tuileries with Eiffel Tower views!

• Classic Double Room

The staff was absolutely wonderful, professional, and accommodating. The front desk staff spoke beautiful English and when I told them I wanted to practice my French, they were very kind and honored my request by speaking in French to me the whole time. The breakfast was very good but IMO pricey. We stayed 3 nights before a week excursion to Burgundy and then another night on the back end of the trip. Our first room was extremely small. There was barely enough room with our suitcases on a stand and our windows didn't open. I asked if they had something larger when we returned. When we returned they had a much larger room fronting the street with windows that opened. Amazing difference! We appreciated their finding something a bit larger for us. The location is wonderful for visiting the Tuileries, the Louvre, the Place de la Concorde, etc... The front desk staff was also very helpful whenever we needed a car/taxi or a restaurant recommendation.

• Executive Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

Exceptional hotel. The staff are always accomodating and very friendly. The views are off the chart for Paris. The room size is wonderful and very comfortable. We will always stay at Hotel Brighton when we visit Paris. Great location next to the Metro stop, Louvre and wonderful restaurants steps away.

• Classic Double Room

The room was too small. Limited room service menu with limited times for delivery to the rooms.

The parisian atmosphere of the hotel and the classical design of the room

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

Air conditioning not working. We booked two rooms for our stay. In the room on the second floor the air conditioning didn't work the days we were there. They offered a fan but it was still very hot. Did not offer a different room.

The room size for Paris was very nice. The breakfast was very good. Location was good. Walking distance to the Louvre, Galleries Layfette. Great local restaurants in the area. Great bar tender in the hotel.

The only problem we had was poor wifi reception.

The hotel is lovely and the rooms very well appointed and comfortable. The location is superb. But most of all, the staff is excellent: helpful, friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. They make this excellent hotel even better.

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

The only thing I can think of to improve is somewhere to plug in the kettle. The cord was very short and there were only a couple of power points - the only spot we could find was on the floor. Not a big issue but could be improved.

We stayed for 4 days and interacted with 5 or 6 staff members. They were all friendly, helpful and good at their jobs. The location of this hotel was fantastic. It was so nice to be able to cross the road to the gardens, go just around the corner to find lovely places to eat and also only a 40 minute (very pleasant) walk from the Eiffel Tower (along the river).

• Classic Double Room

Shower didn't have enough pressure, we had to use hand held wand.

Was clean had nice character, super staff & friendly bartender! Comfy beds and great location.

• Executive Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

The hotel is extremely dirty staff is incompetent and they don't care there was poop spots on the WC seat and around it on the wall when we checked in at 4 pm we informed the reception who didn't do anything and we discovered this at night. Went back to complain and they handed over to me a sponge and cleaning product and advised me to do it myself No manager came in to check about the complaint or bothered calling

Location is good for a new tourist who didn't visit Paris before

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

5th floor rooms are tiny rooms up in the eaves, and they do not have a view of the Eiffel Tower from within the room (even those advertised as Eiffel Tower view rooms). If you want a view of the tower from your room, request 4th floor or lower. 3rd and 4th floors probably best views.

This hotel has a fantastic location and generally excellent views of the gardens, Louvre, Eiffel Tower and other landmarks.

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

Had our room key stop working on three different occasions. Staff immediately corrected the issue though, and was extremely apologetic. One elevator was inoperable during our stay, but the hotel was in the process of making repairs during our stay and when we left.

Great place in a great location. Staff was highly professional and went out of their way to meet all our needs.

• Executive Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

They stated we had transportation to the airport but when it came down to time to leave they were actually just calling a cab, fare was not covered, and they called it late.

Very clean but not worth $600 a night.

• Classic Double Room

The bed was extremely comfortable, the view from the balcony was stunning , in fact everything was amazing from the decor of the room to the powerful shower to the wonderful staff and finally the amazing view from our balcony

• Club Single Room

1. The cleaner threw my coat on the floor. 2. They did not give me receipt when I left, it seems that they are not professional hotel. 3. When I leave the hotel, the manager recommend me to take a taxi which requst 70 Euro to the airport. But if I take taxi, it only need 50 Euro.

the location is quite well.

Everything was really nice...no complaints at all.

We liked everything! Room was beautiful and large, bathrooms well lit and had nice towels. View was spectacular!! Very nice breakfast room. Close to metro stations, the Louvre, Galleries Lafayette and lots of nearby cafes. I would recommend to anyone.

• Club Single Room

Bathroom - Shower Head needs to be updated! Water pressure great but shower head too too small.

Warm welcome on arrival, room with a view, comfy bed = great sleep, Fantastic breakfast well worth having. Location great for setting off from. Lots to see and do all within walking distance. Metro, Bus and Waterbus close by.

• Family Suite

The private car driver recommended by the hotel was not honest. We paid him $$ from the airport to the hotel and later he told his manager he only received $$-20. Paris taxi is very good we found out later and we should have had used taxi instead.

It is close to Louvre and Odyssey. Staff were very nice and Breakfast was really good with fresh juice and bread.

House keeping came late in the day getting my room cleaned.

The location was great. It is directly across the street from Tuileries Garden and the Louvre. There were some staff that were wonderful.

• Classic Double Room

The staff were all very friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. The bed was very comfortable but the hotel could do to install double glazed windows as we had the noise from the traffic throughout the day and night.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

The only challenge was the WIFI which was unstable. Otherwise nothing to detract.

Location was perfect - could not be faulted. Older style four style hotel with great charm that was improved by our being upgraded for our three night stay to an executive room. Space, light, access to the Metro and fashionable old world furniture. Complimentary water was nice touch and housekeeping excellent.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

The hotel was much more than we expected. We overlooked the Tuileries , to our left the Eiffel Tower and to our right the Louvre so wonderful. The breakfast was excellent however the room was uncomfortably quiet ad some background music would be nice, our only complaint is that we have no complaint. Tony and Breda Clear Ireland

• Club Single Room

Wi-Fi did not work temporarily during my stay. Used computer at lobby as a result. No instructions for using in-room Nespresso machine. Asked gentleman checking capsules to show me. My bank balance after shopping and having to leave the property! ;-)

Very pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call in advance of my stay to confirm my estimated time of arrival!! This gave me a *great impression* of the property before checking-in. Friendly reminder at check-in to hide my cross-body bag on the Paris Metro. Being personally acknowledged by the hotel manager about an issue which was quickly resolved. Large bathroom with bath and toilet separated (depends on the room). Fluffy towels, bathrobes, and very comfortable bed. Clean. Complimentary toiletries are SOTHYS PARIS. A quality French brand. Prime location for art and high-end shopping!! Nice lobby. Welcome tray includes Mariage Frères tea bags. Another quality French brand. Complimentary bottles of water.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Classic Double Room

Concierges were all extremely helpful, Actually all the staff were friendly and helpful, special mention to Andre for his personal service. Breakfast was superb.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Family Suite

Staff was very helpful with great recommendations for restaurants. And especially helpful with airport arrangements. Be aware!!!!! It takes 45 minutes or more to get to the airport and you will need at least 3 hours at CDG to get through security!!! The staff guided us through the timing to be sure we wouldn't run into trouble. The hotel is perfectly situated for walking to major sites and areas of Paris. The room was extremely comfortable. Can't wait to go back!

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

I cannot think of any negative point.

I and my husband stayed in this hotel for one night. The receptionist who welcomed us upon our arrival was the most elegant, gentle and professional hotel receptionist we've ever met. His posture was very warm and welcoming, the check-in was so smooth, and once he knew that we are Japanese, he started talking to us in Japanese! His Japanese was very fluent and almost perfect, and we were absolutely impressed! On the next day after check-out, we realised that my husband has left his sunglasses so I went back to the hotel to pick it up. I was attended by the same receptionist, and to my surprise, he remembered our room number even after checkout. And I received my husband's sunglasses within one minute! During our stay, he was extremely patient with my very bad French and he even praised me (my French is absolutely broken). We were constantly impressed by his extraordinary services. It was our last night in Paris and was definitely the best one. Hats off for the five-star customer services!

• Club Single Room

My room was facing the Rue de Rivoli so not ideal for light sleepers. I didn't mind it cause I like a view from the window.

My room was delightful! Smelling fresh and clean with coffee & tea facilities. Bathroom offered beautiful Sothys products. Front desk was very welcoming and friendly. Location is perfect, it's in walking distance of most of Paris's iconic monuments, Lafeyette galleria shopping, cafes and restaurants all close by.

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

assistance to tourists is not upto the mark . I faced difficulty in finding the best options of visiting tourist places. No connections with tour operators. .

Need some kind of Attraction with in the building,

• Club Single Room

Good Morning. I do not eat breakfast in hotels because I find it too much food and too expensive. I go around the corner to a coffee bar. I have gone to this hotel for 20 years and always loved it. We used to stay in room 408 but that is now too expensive and I am alone and it is very large.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The shower in the bathroom has great water pressure but stepping out of it was a bit precarious. You have to open the glass shower door and carefully lay down a bath mat before stepping out otherwise it is quite slippery. You can't lay down the mat first because then you can't open the shower door to get in. This is a very minor inconvenience relative to the many positive attributes of this hotel but it is just something to be mindful of. The elevator is slow and only accommodates about 2 normal sized adults. If you have trouble walking up the circular stairs, you will need patience for the elevator. Again, this is minor but I did get my workout going up and down 3 flights of stairs (circular).

The staff was super friendly and helpful. We were anxious about not knowing the language but the staff put us at ease instantly. The furnishings and decor of our room were so classic French. It was delightful. The Nespresso machine in our room and the chocolates in the evening were wonderful. We also loved the thick fluffy towels and the spaciousness of the room. We were 4 adults (parents with 2 adult daughters) and the large king bed and the sleeper sofa were both very comfortable. From this hotel, it was an easy walk to the Louvre. The Seine river and the Tuilleries garden, both in front of our hotel, were amazingly beautiful places to linger and people watch. Behind the hotel we discovered lots of restaurants to explore. Only a block from the hotel are several bakeries/chocolate shops and souvenir shops yet our immediate location was quiet. We really enjoyed the hotel, its staff and its location.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

There is no reataurant, but this is not a problem, as so many eating houses within 150 metres. Had problems with the free Wifi, and continually had to login, and often not successful.

Very conveniently situated and central. Close to tuileries and tour operator offices. 50 metres to subway. The male staff were obliging and helpful. One of the lifts is the smallest I have ever been in! Many cafes nearby - to suit all types.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Classic Double Room

the prize for the room is too much.

staying in this hotel was easy accesses to visit places and close to public transportation, and that is main important.

Elevator is tiny which we see often in old building in Paris. This property is an old historical building.

Staff were very friendly, accommodating for us and others. Location was wonderful. Few minutes to walk to Louvre, all good restaurants are in walkable distance, beautiful park is just in front of us. We were there during Easter weekend. Enjoyed walk around the neighborhood, most good stores and restaurants were open, we had relaxing time in this property. Our room was up-grated to a corner suites, had amazing view of Paris!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Classic Double Room

The sound proofing....could hear everything outside the corridor and adjacent rooms.

Breakfast was so yummy, loved the little room with lovely staff. Great hot chocolate in room. the smallest lift we've ever been in, very cute. Kds had a blast riding it. Location couldn't be better.

everything was perfect

I was given a free upgrade, staff are great, rooms beautiful, location perfect, coffee machine & kettle in room, view stunning

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

The lift access is a bit restricting especially if you are on the top floor.

The greeting from all staff was excellent and above a top end hotel that made us feel very welcome. We were only in the hotel Brighton on a stop over on our way back by train from Rome to London. We would definitely use this hotel again for its central location with stunning views to the Eiffel tower. Great for a shopping expedition. Bar staff and reception staff exceptional!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Executive Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

HUGE ripoff!!! Buyer beware!!! Room was nothing like photos. Photos showed two large windows open room floor plan. Purchased upgraded room to exec suite yet actual size was small and all the space was in a lone unusable hallway. Actual room was small maybe 150 sq ft It was cramped low headroom ducking to get through doorways the view was only visible if you climbed out of the single tiny window onto a 3 ft wide narrow ledge. Staff sold museum 2 day ticket without warning even though they knew the Pompidou was closed on strike. Hotel desk told us by phone that they could get us tickets to a classical concert we wanted to attend. We rushed back to only be told it was sold out. Staff did not want anyone in the lobby seating if you were not buying drinks . I stay in Europe frequently on business and no one could ever consider this a 4 star hotel. I have stayed at much nicer three star hotels.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Eiffel Tower view

In this hotel we were robbed. They stole new things from the room. The hotel did not recognize this, the video refused to show, the police refused to call. We went to the police ourselves. The criminal case of a theft in the hotel is instituted. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Classic Double Room

I was given a room to the Eiffel Tower and was very about it, but during the night is terrible. I can hear everything from the streets (motorbikes, ambulances) and also the doors closing and opening at the corridor. Terrible night. My room 510 has a damaged wall in the shower - not acceptable for this well rated hotel. Not sure if I will come back - too expensive for what you offer.

Staff is brilliant - Anne is so nice - and breakfast is delicious. Location is also great.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Double Room with Eiffel Tower View

The first room, the mini bar was off and the room just smelt awfully of mold, the mini bar was not clean , and the room still looked as if you could tell someone else had been in it. The staff were rude. due to that we eventually moved rooms , just to miss the Eiffel tower lights come on (why we were spending so much to stay so close). They charge 13 euro just for two coffees. i would definitely not recommend the Brighton to anyone.

the location was convenient

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

The bathroom was well-appointed but the tub was too narrow for a nice bath. Also, while I usually seek out a cafe for breakfast, I indulged in breakfast in the breakfast room my first morning -tasty but expensive (34 euros).

I was upgraded from a classic room to a room with a view - watching the Eiffel Tower sparkle every night from my balcony was wonderful! The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

I can't say I did like the behaviour of the staff, most of them were nice but there was couple of them was not very helpful and has the good knowledge of welcoming the guests.

Location was perfect, very close to all location that you want to visit. The building is a bit old as Paris so, but nice and clean overall.

Browse Hôtel Brighton - Esprit de France traveller photo gallery