Reviews of Best Western Bretagne Montparnasse 4 stars

33 rue Raymond Losserand, 14th arr., 75014 Paris, France

#1092 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Good hotel. Good location. Great staff.

The room was spacious but some of the layout made no sense and made maneuvering in and out of the bathroom a bit tricky.

The reception staff and the housekeepers who I encountered were all very friendly and accommodating. A surprise upgrade was most appreciated as were the efforts of staff to resolve quickly the few minor problems I encountered.

Unfriendly staff
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff was unkind to any concerns that occurred. We had asked for an extension on our stay and were offered a great price but when we returned that same night for payment, our price was rejected and we were called liars for insinuating that our price was that low. All of this was with one staff employee, so there was no lack communication. I was afraid to make a complaint during our stay due to the fact that I had my family’s safety in mind.

The rooms were clean and the breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

This hotel is infested with ants!
    • Family Room

The infestation and dark carpet.

This hotel is infested with ants! I should have taken photos. The carpet was very dark/ black gery with poor lighting.... I could not see any on the floor... but they were all over the dresser top.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Okayish western!
    • Superior King Room

The property was okay. It was close to the nearby attractions. But the the rooms were average and there was no cleaning staff even after leaving a clean my room sign. The wash room was too small and suffocated.

Lobby area was good. Staff was presentable and very responsive. Close to the metro and supermarket and nearby attractions.

Unfortunately we never stay there.
    • Family Room

・Room (card) key sometimes did not work properly (keeping unlocked without our recognitoin) and no any pre-information at reception. (After claiming, they instructed us how to solve such problem.) ・Shower head was leaking water and holder for shower was broken. ・A part of breakfast menu was lacking and not refilled. ・Complementary water was not refilled. ・They did not have a medical thermometer, even though 4 stars hotel.

Location only.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

A truly great hotel & friendly staff. A hidden gem and highly recommended, especially for families.
    • Adjacent Double Rooms

Bathroom was a little small.

Great location (only a few metres from the metro station to anywhere in central Paris), quiet and safe area, friendly staff, rooms cleaned daily, 24/7 coffee machine in reception & supermarket a few metres on the same street.

Great location, 3min from the metro station & 10min walk...
    • Family Room

I’d recommend to change the wallpaper in the bathroom as it is quite worn. The WiFi didn’t work but we only realized it late at night so it was not an issue for us.

Great location, 3min from the metro station & 10min walk from Montparnasse train station. The staff is super friendly, and the room was spacious enough for our family of 4. The room and bathroom were very clean, and we’d stay here again.

The vision what we had for france was extreamly...

It was waste of money

The vision what we had for france was extreamly extrraordinary but what we had it was completey disappointing and full of inconvenience

Highly recommend

Very friendly front desk staff, nice clean and safe part of Paris, with great restaurants nearby especially Asian selections as well as french cafes and supermarket too. Good express breakfast option. Good access to transport with 3 nearby metro stations

The bed was comfortable.

The bed was comfortable. The location is close to the metro. The room was smaller than expected but we could have up-graded the next day if we wanted. The staff was helpful giving directions. There is complimentary coffee and buns in the lobby. Breakfast is available at an extra cost but we went to the local restaurants.

The hotel was really nice I have no complaints.
    • Mezzanine Room

The hotel was really nice I have no complaints. The receptionist who received us was very sweet, helpful & welcoming especially for us foreigners come from California

Awesome staff that makes the stay easy and comfortable.

The reception team was incredibly helpful and friendly. Amazing staff that really care about the guests! The location was very convenient and close to the attractions, easy to travel around Paris and further.

Quiet, Easy walk to Gare Montparnasse

Classic Paris hotel located in a quiet neighborhood just a few blocks from the Montparnasse station. Rooms are small but well equipped and comfortable, the street is quiet, and the staff is helpful to recommend a restaurant.

ENJOYED IT AND HOPE TO COME AGAIN

To be honest I like the room, the service and the breakfast. Except the room they shown me before. It should be the same standard as the one I stayed.

Like the breakfast. Nice staffs very polite, ready to help. Coffee machine at the waiting room, you can make tea chocolate and coffee which I never see in any hotel before. was so impressed about it

Great location with cafe's and shops, and short walk to...

Great location with cafe's and shops, and short walk to Montparnasse transit station. Comfy, stylish room with pretty decor and fresh flowers in windows. Manager very accommodating and helpful.

Nice stay

All in all it was a nice stay, what we liked the most was the cleaning staff, the rooms were cleaned nice every day. The reception was ok, not everyone we met were friendly, it seemed that we were disturbing some of them. Hotel seemed a bit “tired”, but in a nice location, there was nice restaurants around and not far from metro stations.

Value more than money paid. Recommend it

Unfortunately the tv was not working properly but the staff help me out there and knows that tv was mot working properly.

The room was up to my expectations and little attention from the hotel was nice.

The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful.

The toilet should have been bigger. It was extremely uncomfortable. The air conditioner did not seem to be working. Could hear noises from road in spite of closing the windows. Could hear people in the hall every time they entered their respective rooms.

The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful.

It is not a 4 stars Hotel, Good to be 2 stars.

It is not a 4 stars Hotel, Good to be 2 stars. my room was at the ground level, close to the road with very bad noise from the street. Bathroom was not good.

Stay of okay.

Mr. Yohan ( I am not sure of the name), he is not at all friendly and helpful. This hotel may loose business because of him.

Ms. Benedict at the reception and other staff from the kitchen were very helpful.

Average stay, still value for money!

This was my 2nd stay in this hotel but many things didn't work for me this time. I had to wait for hours (even beyond 2 pm check in time) to get my room. Room air conditioner wasn't working (possibly centrally controlled), no air circulation in the room. Though washroom was clean, it was stinking due to smell from drainage. Bed was too soft and not comfortable for sound sleep.

Location is very good with public transport connections in walking distance. Also variety of restaurants near by. Refrigerator and tea/coffee making facility in the room, 2 bottles of water everyday. Tea/coffee, water and fruits available near reception area. Good WiFi.

Not a 4-star experience.

The size of the room was just acceptable. The mainly point I was not happy with the standard of the structure overall. I booked a 4-star hotel which did not met my expectations. Would say it at best a 3-star. The building is old, the communal areas dated and despite the effort of the staff to keep it pretty, the age of the building shows.

The bed was comfortable and the room fairly clean. The staff at reception was friendly.

A horrible experience!

If your idea of a great vacation is sleeping in a moldy, miniature room in the only ugly part of Paris, this is the hotel for you!

I liked moving to a different hotel during our stay in paris.

Personal was very kind and helpful as I had lost my mobile...

room at 1st floor was really small and scrambled eggs at breakfast at 7 PM has dried, not attractive.

Personal was very kind and helpful as I had lost my mobile phone, and to recommend restaurants around. Location is 5 minutes walk from Montparnasse station , plenty of nice restaurants around , rate was excellent for Paris Center and breakfast room in the cellar is very pleasant.

Excellent choice for Business Traveler, Value for Money.

Not able to control room temperature (it was centralized); Elevator is small; Lack of English TV channels; Bathtub is just fit for average person, soap & shampoo (instead of liquid dispenser) would be nice to have. All this is not uncommon in Paris, so nothing specific to this property but can be improved. Quality of towels can be improved (do not look & feel fresh). As reviewed by other travelers as well, room separation needs to improve (one can hear all sounds from other rooms, drainage system etc). Small safe in the room would also be nice to have.

Very good room size (I was on business trip); Very good In Room facilities including mini-fridge, tea/coffee maker, 2 bottles of water per day, sufficient towels (3 different sizes), hairdryer, shoe-shine, amenity kit; Comfortable bed & pillows, free tea/coffee/chocolate & fruits at reception; Very good breakfast (includes fresh fruits, scrambled eggs, very good coffee), express breakfast available; Location is well connected (multiple options by public transport); Very good restaurants in walking distance; Excellent staff; Good, working WiFi.

Good location close to the center and I found space for parking
    • Family Room

I didn’t like that the first room they gave me two small like a prison with the bunkbed over my foot

I like the room they gave me was quite spacious and overwhelming nice and tidy

Close proximity to the central area of Paris attractions,...

The room is rather small.

Close proximity to the central area of Paris attractions, near main train station, walking distance to bus stops. The staff is nice and helpful.

good price-quality relation. Free coffee and btl of water.

Everything was fine :)

Free coffee in the morning, bathtub in the room, two choices of pillows, kettle in the room, confortable bed, free bottles of water everyday left in the fridge, well comunicated with many metro and RER stations.

We enjoyed staying in this area of Paris and would definitely come back.

The room was quite small and was too warm for my taste.

Location was excellent. Good choice of restaurant and shops on doorstep. Close to Pernety Metro.

Disappointed

Everything in that room was outdated and very noisy around, especially above, from where there was a lot of steps and we could hear for hours.

the bed was very comfortable

Good for a short stay in the city.

The room was tiny. Tiny is being generous. The power went out in our room a few times. The fridge kept turning off and on. The water pipes go right through the walls and you can hear every bathroom break from every resident in the hotel. The internet went in and out and was very inconsistent. The entire room shakes all night from some strange noises that are a cross between an engine starting up and someone choking on a croissant. The noises went on all night. We had our room cleaned and the cleaner left our windows wide open all day, apparently to alleviate the musty smell of the rooms, but unfortunately the windows open to a small courtyard where they allow people to smoke so our room was filled with second hand smoke. The bed that was billed as a double was closer to a single. Did I mention how small the rooms are? Again if you are staying for a quick weekend getaway like we did, it was more then fine. The price point was good, and we spent little to no time at the hotel so it was fine. But you certainly get what you pay for, and I would by no ways call this a 4 star hotel. It is a very adequate 2.5 star hotel. The photos of our room on Booking .com looked nothing like our room.

The location was nice and close to local transport. There was one nice man working at reception but the rest of the staff wouldn't give you the time of day. For the two night stay we had it was great for the price, however if you were planning on staying longer I wouldn't recommend it on account of the rooms. For a place to lay your head at the end of the night it did the trick, for a place to relax and unwind, I would suggest you keep shopping.

Overall, the hotel does not match a classification of 4 stars, but it is good for a short visit.

The room was very small and it had a musty smell. The breakfast, although with fresh ingredients, was not fantastic and lacked variety.

The staff was great and the hotel is close to the metro station.

The staff are all accommodating and helpful

1. Water spills in toilet 2. Saw strands of hair and face towel under the sheets which was supposed to have been cleaned 3. When I searched at Booking.com for Paris city center, this hotel popped out stating that it's 950m to city center, i did not know that the 950m is to montparnasse center; info was not fully disclosed, its misleading 4. Hair dryer isn't efficiently working

The staff are all accommodating and helpful

Room smelled funny.

Room smelled funny. Also, there were insects inside the room! Not bedbugs but little insects around the refrigerator and coffee and tea selection inside of the room .

Upgrade in the room!

The man on reception "Yohan", we found him really uncooperative and rude.

The location was good and the 2 lady receptionists were very helpful and cooperative! We got an upgrade in the room and we would like to thank the hotel for it.

Comfy, clean, great staff, delish bfast! Thanks BW!

The room was a little small - bit for the value it was comfortable. I didn't spend much time there anyway!

Friendly staff - clean facilities. Great stay overall!

Very expensive, but clean and somehow good location although a little far from the center

the bed was small, some of the staff can't speak good English but they're helpful and nice and one of the things I didn't like is the price it's so so expensive comparing to such small hotel that's not in the city center.

The location is good, 10 mins walk to metro and it's very clean, their coffee is good and they provide free fast WiFi

Bed was comfy

Reception staff could barely speak English. Room 54 TV on a revolving stand that could barely adjust to be viewed from the bed. Not soundproof whatsoever and barely any plug points. No iron, air conditioning barely worked and the response from reception was "open a window"

Bed was comfy

Excellent bedroom, incredibly comfortable bed, efficient...

I don't know why this happens, but the WIFI had a firewall that blocks Outlook exiting messages. I couldn't work, which is a huge problem during a business trip. Although the hotel and stuff were both amazing (I should have proposed the wonderful girl in reception to visit my room later; I am stupid), I will avoid the hotel just because of this in the future. If this point is a not a problem for you, just stay here.

Excellent bedroom, incredibly comfortable bed, efficient bathroom.

Nice to have free coffee in the reception area.
    • Adjacent Double Rooms

The AC wasn't working, when we informed the front desk they said they were aware of the problem and it would be fixed by that night. It wasn't fixed. August in Paris with no AC means little sleep.

Nice to have free coffee in the reception area.

Value for your money
    • Mezzanine Room

The tiny hallways Tiny elevator Tiny bathroom Smell of carpet in hallways Enclosed breakfast area, very claustrophobic space Breakfast was bad, but again I was returning from Italy it might have just been different.

Extra clean sheets Modern bathroom Great coffee Free mini bar 10$ Uber 12 min away from Eiffel Tower Friendly staff Crib available

Cappuccino at reception area was great and available 24hrs...

Cappuccino at reception area was great and available 24hrs with a choice of a fresh fruit every day - all complimentary. Staff was really nice, very friendly and always helpful.

good but not value for money

the facilities are a bit old which is not very value for money. the quilt is too warm which made me sweat. it is not easy to get a portable hair dryer. the built-in hair dryer in the room is too slow. fridge not clean, there is ant on table.

i booked a twin bedroom but on first day i only got a double bedroom. but the staff was so nice to arrange a twin bedroom afterwards. overall the room is clean and tidy. towel warmer in bathroom is very useful.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The hotel met our needs for a place to stay the night before our cruise started would stay again.

The apparent breakfast looked pretty underwhelming. Picked over and not much there to choose from. We passed it up.

Sarah, the desk clerk was outstanding! Very helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

It worked for the short period of time

The too was so small there was hardly anywhere for luggage. The two twin beds were literally touching each other and barely room to walk around them.

Friendly staff

There is absolutely nothing good about this hotel!
    • Family Room

Jean could possibly do with some hospitality course. He was cold and rude from the moment go and the hotel has absolutely no view. Well, the toilets are small, the sofa seats in the room are torn and the location isn't tempting. The lift in the hotel is in a dire state and require a schindler or any standard lift to replace it. If you would love to stay in a dungeon, this is a perfect horror home! The chain shouldn't be lending its name to such a hotel.

Absolutely nothing, but the bunker beds in the room. The reception has one person who is hospitable-Sarah, but that would not compensate the lack of warmth and hospitality offered by Jean

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

A clean comfortable hotel with friendly helpful staff in a good location for sightseeing

The room was quite small and although we had air conditioning it felt quite claustrophobic at night. We were unable to open the window because of the level of street noise which was a bit disappointing as I had requested a quiet room , although in fairness it was quiet with the window shut

great location near good transport links, and reasonably priced and good restaurants. There was a super boulangerie and fruit and veg shop nearby , great for buying picnic stuff

Poor quality would not stay again

As above

The room was not as clean as expected, there was a bad smell in the room and the tv kept jumping and going off so couldn't watch tv. The coffee machine in reception didn't always work and there was not a lot of section for breakfast. After a long travel you would not feel like walking for feed

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Elevator was very small barely able to fit two people.

Very close to public transportation both tram and bus are easily accessible. Hotel room was great and close to restaurants and boulangeries.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

nice location. would stay here again. good value for money.

The temperature of the room. Got warm so I opened the window. Sometimes little noise from the corridor or other room if someone is walking by.

My stay was nice. The property is near a very vibrant area of montparnasse with good shopping. The receptionists were so nice and welcoming and helpful especially Sarah and Kamilla. Free apples and tea were in the reception ☺

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Disappointed

The receptionist was horrible. The staffs are not nice or courteous or even professional. They laugh together. They're telling their intimate life before the customer! Such a shame!

The room was okay

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Cleanliness of room and facilities.

Room not soundproof (inside and outside) Beds a bit too soft Breakfast overpriced

Cleanliness of room and facilities. Wi-Fi Choice of coffee and tea

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Welcome treat from the city centre
    • Mezzanine Room

Even though slightly outside the centre we found the location a welcome retreat from the throng of the city centre. There were lovely bakeries on the road and plenty of restaurants only 5 minutes away. The beds was very comfortable and the free soft drinks in the room were gratefully received. We had the mezzanine room which was excellent as we travelled with 2 children who had a floor to themselves! All in all a wonderful experience. The only words of advice would be that there was one small lift and a very tight spiral staircase - something to consider for those who have difficulty walking.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Tiny hotel with a good location

The room was prepared for us but some important stuff was overlooked: Luggage from the previous guest, pizza in the fridge, pizza box on the window ledge. We informed reception, but they forgot to remove the pizza and it was still there when we left.

The location is great and the breakfast was good. Our room was small but very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Not really a 4 stars hotel

The guy at the reception was not really welcoming. While it was caring about our registration it went talking with another customer. I didn't like that really a lot. The hotel is supposed to be 4 stars, but I didn't find anything special about it, the room was really small. Not really a 4 stars hotel

The position, close to the station.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Not worth the money

Bed too short, tiny room, tiny closet, tiny bathroom etc. Stars given in booking.com are absolutely wrong. I would not give more than 2 stars. For what you get there, the price is impertinent!

Staff was friendly.

The location was decent.

Not a 4 star hotel as advertised. The rooms and bathroom were super small with limited space. I could hear the bed squeaking in the room next door like there was an open door or window. No English channels on tv. No parking on site had to pay €35 for parking. The breakfast was not all that the eggs were warm and the bacon always ran out. The last day I was there the elevator broke.

The location was decent. The female staff was very helpful and spoke English.

Fine for a short stay

Sink was clogged upon arrival and therefore would not drain. Although our floor was non smoking which we wanted, smoke from people smoking on other floors filtered through the air conditioning vents and therefore made our room stink of smoke which was horrible for sleeping, and made all my clothes smell of smoke :( Room was small, dark, and basic. I think the hotel was overpriced for what it was, but maybe that's the norm for Paris hotels.

Staff were friendly (though not all spoke English). They gave us bottles of water and chocolate, and toiletries for free. Location was good with lots of stores and food nearby. Tour Montparnasse was a 10 min walk away.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

convenient quite comfortable hotel in Paris

a little tired but generally quiet and comfortable in a busy part of Paris.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms bigger than average for a Paris hotel. Very close to Montparnasse station - walking distance with bags. Good local restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Very nice area! Convenient! Area full of restaurants, super market, pharmacy, bakery, laundry etc...

Very comfortable hotel, rooms nicely furnished, 2mins walk to the metro. Many restaurants around for different tastes. Staff are so helpful. I would definitely go back to stay at this hotel when i visit paris again.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Not clean, shampoo empty

Clean hotel with friendly stuff

The room was small more than it appears on photos.

Clean hotel with friendly stuff

Metro is near
    • Mezzanine Room

Old room - smell not good - Tv need to be repaired- room need Restoration - ....

Metro is near

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The best

This is the best hotel from our 1-month trip in France. Very kind personal, comfort and cleen room, silence.

Location, good wifi, friendly staff

Rooms are tiny but comfortable beds

Location, good wifi, friendly staff

Check in lobby staff very friendly and useful.

Rooms could be bigger especially the bed, not that great of your tall. Tight squeeze.

Check in lobby staff very friendly and useful.

Very small room next to the elevator. Every time the elevator was in use you could hear the noise in the room.

Good location ,clean

Too old this building

Good location ,clean

Specially your female staff,
    • Family Room

Specially your female staff, Because your staff present your hotel quality and softness.

Quiet yet good proximity to main attractions and metro lines.

Quiet yet good proximity to main attractions and metro lines.

Staff

Price

Staff

It wasn’t clean

It wasn’t clean

Complete and well prepared Breakfast buffet

Complete and well prepared Breakfast buffet

All was good and the receptionist was freindly mr.
    • Mezzanine Room

All was good and the receptionist was freindly mr. Yohann we went with to old laidies and was very helpfull. Thanks

Staff was helpful

There is no room service in the hotel

Staff was helpful