Reviews of Hotel Provençal 3 stars

113 Place Saint Pierre, 83400 Hyères, France

The only thing i liked was the view
    • Standard Room

The hotel is old and smells like that. We stayed 1 night in our way to Monte Carlo. It was too far and expensive for what it offers. The breakfast was expensive and very poor for the money we’ve paid.

The only thing i liked was the view

5.5
    More than a disapointment.
    • Standard Room

We were put in a sub-standard room that did not compare with the rooms we have had before in the same Hotel. It was small, somewhat "antiguitated" -- to put it mildly -- and over a VERY noisy street. When I complained, we were told the rooms on the side of the hotel we were in were especially for guests who booked with booking agencies like Booking.com! The restaurant service was simply BAD. The food - nouvelle cuisine - was partly completely tasteless. The attitude adopted by the management when we complained was more than unfriendly. We were told we had booked via Booking.com and had to put up with the noisy room. When I threatened to leave after the first night I was told there could be no refund for the other 2 nights we had booked -- because we did not book direct. We should take up our complaint with Booking.com. It wasn't until I pointed out that I am a lawyer and would take the matter further that their tone changed and we were actually given anothr room: That was of the standard we had been used to during previous stays.

After move to upgrade, pleasant stay with helpful staff and great pool and private beach
    • Standard Room

Strongly advise against booking a standard room - poky (only chair faces toilet), above street, no balcony or much light, very noisy at night and in early morning - not worth the money or 3 star rating. Moved to above after one unquiet night.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Pool and private beach are fantastic. We upgraded (27 euros per night extra) to room on sea side with balcony (no sea views, but very quiet looking out on nice garden). Much better value and space. Village is lovely - great sea views and walks.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Seaside ambience
    • Standard Room

Seaside village ambience, fantastic pool set on the coast a short walk from main hotel with ocean access. On site choice of outdoor restaurants from casual beach dining to more formal, very good food.

The hotel's park (pool , garden and bar) is the most...
    • Standard Room

Rooms were dirty and not comfortable. Old furniture .

The hotel's park (pool , garden and bar) is the most beautiful thing I've seen. Staff are VERY NICE and the restaurant is amazing and delicious.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

A very pleasant break in stunning surroundings.
    • Standard Room

There was no shower cubicle. The bath had a shower attachment but no screen or curtain....only suitable for washing hair really. No problem if you prefer baths. Not all rooms have air con, so check this if it's important to you. Parking is some way away, not far but could be a problem for those with disabilities.

The view over the sea was wonderful, but we had to pay a supplement to have the view. There was a deçent -size balcony from which we could appreciate it. The cheaper rooms all looked out onto the street. The restaurant was quite pricey though it may well have been worth it: we didn't try it The hotel brasserie was cheaper and was pleasant , offering good value for money. There were several restaurants and cafés in the village. The staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough to help. The garden area was lovely with superb views. The pool area was quiet and also had beautiful views across the rocks to the sea. It may have been too crowded in high season, but not when we were there in June. We really enjoyed our stay and hope to return

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

A place i will visit again.
    • Standard Room

I liked the friendly service.

We loved the attention and care given to guests. All the requests were fulfilled and I would have loved a tea making facility in the room. I don't think I have ever been treated better by everyone who spoke a good quality of English. The view is spectacular and the breakfast was leisurely and view spectacular. The pool was being refurbished and there is no beach but access to swim in the sea is great. Anyone who can't walk or take stairs will have a problem going down to the pool and sea. I will definitely visit that hotel again.

Perfect, short vacation away from the crowd
    • Standard Room

Responsiveness of staff prior to visit, however on-site staff was quite pleasant.

Location, family-run-hotel history, renovated room design, refreshed decor efforts, cleanliness, and of course the view.

I love this place
    • Standard Room

The pool and beach area were lovely

Great location, costly food.

restaurant prices

Access to sea and access to coastal path.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Great View from the restaurant / breakfast.
    • Standard Room

Great View from the restaurant / breakfast. Small, but nice rooms. Very nice employees!

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

Quiet secluded place.

I work remotely so needed a stronger wifi connection.

Quiet secluded place. A real gem. Not over run by tourists. The guests respected French culture and way of life. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

A gem of a hotel located on the Gien peninsula with an...

Not a bad experience but would have preferred a sea view. The rooms and the main toilet facilities are also a bit tired looking.

A gem of a hotel located on the Gien peninsula with an unbeatable sea view, great price, lovely warm staff, fabulous breakfast and dinner.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Nice gardens and seaside pool

Wifi is totally incapable of dealing with the number of guests trying to access it. Shower had no curtain so bathroom got covered in water when taking a shower.

Nice gardens and seaside pool

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

The residential park very nicely located and maintained.

Room in the hotel was very old and decripted. Everything felt a bid moist (carpet, toilet paper, etc.). I think a matter of bad airco. I called upfront to ask about the parking. They said there was plenty of parking space in the nearness of the hotel. It turned out to be all occupied all day long. I could rent a parking place at in the residential park. Not nice with havy luguage and particularly not at night. It was a long and steep road to reach. So was the swimming pool. I asked for a quite room when booking. I got a room at the front side of the building; noisy until late at night and noisy as of six in the morning. I made a few remarks to the receptionist about the above. But besides for an polite "ooh, sorry" there was nothing.

The residential park very nicely located and maintained. The first night I was there I enjoyed a free-of-charge jazz concert in a beautiful setting.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

Welcoming friendly staff.

The bin men waking us up at 6am on Sunday morning, apparently this happens daily. The room was facing the village. No shower curtain so the bathroom floor was very wet. The gardens and pool are quite a walk with steep steps with no handrails. Wear flat shoes!

Welcoming friendly staff. Great location. Having breakfast overlooking the islands was a breathtaking view. Being in the quaint village, it looks like a film set.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

really pretty place with spacious rooms and friendly staff.

really pretty place with spacious rooms and friendly staff. terrific value.