Reviews of Hôtel A La Villa des Artistes 3 stars

9, rue de la Grande Chaumière, 6th arr., 75006 Paris, France

#312 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Great location for shoppers

None.

The size of room. It's rare to have the space and a bathtub within the price. It was so lovely. The location is also superb. Just a step away from two metro stations in different lines. It's walkable to le Bon Marche and major shopping stores where I often get stuff I need. Additionally, It's great to be near the Luxembourg park to chill out. If you love to enjoy ballet at Garnier, 68 bus (just stepping out from the hotel entrance) directly takes you to Opera! It was like a taxi.

A standard clean and comfort hotel,but not much service.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very mean and only offer one bottle of water per trip.The kettle is so small and cannot provide sufficient water for 2 persons.

Just a standard hotel,very much impressive.The beds are clean and tidy.

Great location, comfortable and clean room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The shower does flood a little bit, but don't let this stop you from staying there! Everything else was wonderful!

The location was great, close to many metro stations. It's not where most famous attractions are, but offer a great sneak peak into the daily Parisien life.

It was OK until the last day but ...

The room was humid, everything we hung in the closet felt wet in the morning and also the carpets in the rooms and corridors smelled bad. Other than that, we didn't have complaints during our stay. However, sometimes "one bad experience" ruins it all and that's what stays with you and that's how you remember that place. Unfortunately, the day we did our check-out killed it all for us. This is what happened in short: I asked the lady at the Reception that we needed a taxi for the Orly Airport and she said it would be ready at the time we requested. First, I didn't need to check the price with her because we came from Orly Airport to the hotel by taxi and I knew the price already. I also knew that the taxis to and from the airports had a fixed price. (For your information, if you're travelling from the Charles de Gaulle airport, you'll pay €55 for a trip heading anywhere on the Left Bank and €50 for anywhere on the Right Bank. If you're coming in from Orly, it will be €30 for the Left Bank and €35 for the Right Bank.). However, after a few minutes, I went back to the Reception and asked the price of the taxi to the Orly Airport because I also knew that hotels charged some reservation fee and I wanted to make sure theirs was reasonable. The lady at the reception desk told me that the taxi to Orly Airport was 70 Euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a price beyond reasonable. It is even higher than the further airport, Charles de Gaulle. I told the lady that it was impossible because we came at a price of 30 Euros and I wanted her to check again with the taxi company. I told her all I knew about the taxi prices in Paris. Seeing, I was no fool, she changed the price from 70 Euros to 35 Euros, saying that the "extra 5 Euros" is the reservation commission. Awesome, so if I didn't know the taxi prices, they were going to take 70 Euros from us for a place that required 30 Euros.

The location of the hotel was good. It was close to many metro stations. The room size was really good compared to the other hotels that we stayed in Paris in our previous visits to the city. The hotel sent an e-mail before we arrived in Paris, asking if we needed any help in any matter and this was very kind and thoughtful of them and we appreciated it. The staff at breakfast lounge was very kind and attentive. Even the lady who didn't know any English tried her best to understand and help us. We felt safe at the hotel and in the area. Even when we came to hotel late at night, the surrounding areas were all decent.

The room was fine and it was cleaned perfectly every day.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was fine and it was cleaned perfectly every day. We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel instead we ate at the local cafes. Especially we enjoyed that the hotel was placed so close to Luxembourg Garden.

A clean and modern hotel but overpriced
    • Classic Double Room

Room size, real cups and more generous supplies for tea or coffee, also was annoyed at having to give deposit for borrowing umbrella

Comfortable but expensive hotel, room very small for the price

The hotel overall was good, for Paris, it was a good cost.
    • Classic Double Room

I found it very tiny, the bed was very small for a couple in my taste.

The hotel overall was good, for Paris, it was a good cost... The room and bathroom was very clean The location was excelente The staff was really good, friendly and very helpful, they speak English or Spanish

Amazing Weekend in Paris!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is no fault with this hotel.

The location was great and a metro station was a short walk away. The room was cleaned everyday, the bed was comfortable and there was no problems with any of the facilities. The breakfast was good. The staff were very friendly and made our trip lovely. I asked for some roses and chocolates to be placed in the room for my girlfriend's 21st birthday which they done! Thank you for your hard work! We really enjoyed our stay!

Fine...I will stay there again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One staff member at reception repeatedly put her fingers in her mouth and then touched my phone and documents. .Some awareness training might be helpful. ..

The atmosphere is relaxed and homey. ..staff efficient and helpful

The location can't be beat.
    • Classic Double Room

We loved our stay at Hôtel A La Villa des Artistes. The location was the best part! The metro and train were both very close by and it was easily walkable to almost any tourist attraction we wanted to see. The neighborhood (St. Germain) was safe, clean, and had great restaurant and bar options nearby. Make a stop at Charivari for wonderful food and drinks and our favorite wait staff. You won't regret staying here.

Good stay in a quiet reasonably central Paris location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

All good. Hotel was 3 star and was in excellent location, near metro line 4 (Vavin ) \breaskfast was 16 euros and was good value if you have a healthy appetite. Good range of breakfast items. Hotel near Luxembourg Gdns and lovely restaurants nearby. Easy access to central Paris Cultural locations. Great stay. Would recommend

Great bedroom Quiet hotel. Nice outside area

We were three.

All was excellent

We were three. The room was big and spacious. The building has been refurbished with taste. The breakfast was also very good and had a good offer. The waiter was also extremely attentive. My next time in Paris I’ll book there again.

The neighborhood is excellent.
    • Classic Double Room

The room didn’t had a/c and with the window open it was to noisy to have a pleasant sleep. The building next to the hoyel is in renovation and the construction noise is very loud. The first morning I woke up with some bites on my right arm and the pharmacist told me that it couldve been bed bugs.

The neighborhood is excellent.

Our stay was ideal for relaxing. Close to excellent bistros and bars and on the main Metro line .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a superior double room which was very tastefully decorated and had a King-size bed which was extremely comfy. The hotel is in a quiet location but is ideally situated for access to restaurants, bars etc, and is right next to the Metro station Vivin.

An enjoyable stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The 'superior room' we were allocated at the start was a double at a stretch and didn't really constitute value for money.

The staff were very helpful, responsive and accommodating. We were originally allocated a room at the back of the property that looked onto a building site and had a defective radiator. We were upgraded to a deluxe room on the front of the hotel at no extra cost the next day and a plumber came to check the radiator to make sure it worked. Throughout our stay, staff at reception were patient and polite. The location is excellent, round the corner from the Vavin metro station and at walking distance from the Luxembourg Gardens. The breakfast options were plentiful and the small room looks onto a lovely small patio.

The staff was extremely helpful when we arrived.
    • Classic Double Room

The bathroom was made for giants. WC really high same for the bath tub. My mother and I are not tall but a 1.60m should be enough to not have to worry about getting in and out of the shower. Another thing was the noise made by the lift. The corridor was covered with carpet and clients were quiet but we could hear the lift

The staff was extremely helpful when we arrived.mapspoke, indications and tips were provided.

Wifi did not work most likely because of the location of the...
    • Classic Double Room

Wifi did not work most likely because of the location of the room. The hotel should probably think of reinstalling the routers for rooms in the back of the hotel.

good location but a GREAT WORRY OF OUR SAFETY!
    • Classic Double Room

A very DISAPPOINTING issue happened during our stay - someone knocked on the room door on 2nd March 11:30pm and knocked heavily on 3rd March 5:30am without speaking outside. We were extremely scared as two Asian look girls staying in the room. We were barely hard to fall asleep for the whole night and were too scared to walk downstairs until 10am in the morning! (Trying to use the phone to contact the reception, but the guidance in the room has not provided a proper info.) This issue was reported to the Reception on 3rd March in the morning, and the staff assumed it was probably due to a group of drunk guests from a travel agency (they were noisy during the night). However, we could not believe this was due to the drunk guests as they would shout loudly, or probably shouted with their friend's name, or at least said something instead of knocking the door and being quiet. Staff agreed to check the video in the hotel and provide an explanation and we were a bit upset no explanation provided on the same day evening and on 4th March morning. I had to book a taxi to go to the airport in the morning of 4th March although the Metro station were minutes away - purely due to the very unpleasant experience and being too scared of walking out of this hotel alone. Have travelled to Paris a few times and this was the very first time that I worried about my own safety during my stay at a hotel in a nice region. As explained, both of us felt disappointed as no further explanations and updates have been provided yet.

Great location, clean room, and a good value of money. Staff are nice, supportive and generally corporative.

Best place we’ve stayed in Paris.
    • Classic Double Room

Can’t say anything bad about this hotel

Everything about this hotel was amazing. Location, staff, room and cleanliness. Would defiantly recommend staying here if you visit Paris. We will definitely be staying again. Also have to say a massive thank you to Pauline even though I never met her while there we only spoke via email. Thank you for making our stay that little bit more special. 10/10

nice staff, clean bathroom, good price and breakfast.
    • Classic Double Room

the classic room king bed is actually not king, small for two average persons, thats why it was not that comfy, also the room lightening is so dim, definitely needs to be improved.

the breakfast was included in my room reservation and it is a good breakfast you can't ask for something more, very near metro stations. definitely recommended for those who seek good hospitality, cleanliness and good price in paris.

I had an overall good experience at the hotel. The staff was great and helpful.
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms weren't sound proofed and we could hear people walking upstairs and in the corridor. Apart from that, all was well

I liked the location and the staff were very helpful.

Great Location.
    • Classic Double Room

Floors very noisy, wifi patchy, warm room / aircon unable to adjust but it's winter and were told to open windrows. It was noisy outside plus some construction went on early in the morning. Understand it's beyond their control but would be good if we could adjust the air on at least.

Great Location. Great staff.

It was a perfect base for a busy weekend getaway.
    • Classic Double Room

My room was ready for me checking in. Staff were professional and courteous. My room was allocated as per my request. It was nice and warm on a very cold weekend. The bed was very comfortable. It was quiet and relaxing. The hotel location is great, lovely area and very close to metro for getting about city although you can walk to many places as well. I really enjoyed my stay.

Classic best western. Great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Old facilities, the hotel was relatively expensive to other 3 stars, 3€ for 0.2cl bottle of water is too much.

Room very well cleaned, bed very comfortable, great location. Staff very nice.

Perfectly enjoyable but not a room to hang around in.
    • Classic Double Room

Small room, paper cups for tea, big step down out of the bath/shower that was okay for us but not suitable for elderly people or those with any restricted movement. Mattress toppers would make a big difference to an otherwise comfortable bed.

Location, cleanliness, friendly staff

Everything is fine: room is clean and quiet and I always ask...
    • Classic Double Room

The card system for electricity did not have the possibility to switch off all lights but thoise above the bed...

Everything is fine: room is clean and quiet and I always ask for a street view, so that is how quiet it is!

I would recommend this hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The side of the bath was very high and made getting in and out of the shower difficult. There was plenty of room for a walk-in shower which would be better for older people.

The staff were very helpful. The room was a good size and the lighting was excellent - very often you don't have enough light to read and the light was excellent.

Good value in Paris

Location is a bit off from major shoppings and the St. Germain area but still many nice restaurants and some shops around and very close to Metro #4 stop.

Room is nicely furnished and specious with modern decor, very clean with a nice bathroom.

Awesome experience! 💯 recommended

No room service.

Very good location. Next to bus and train station. Locate in Paris most modern location Montparnasse. A lot of places to eat near, just 10 min to Eiffel Tower!

Friendly and helpful staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Friendly and helpful staff. Quiet street (but very close to a metro station). Nice bathroom. Room not very spacious but good enough. Good wifi. Lots of restaurants/bars/cafes nearby. Tip: try My Noodles if you like Chinese.

This hotel is very close to many restaurants and is in a nice location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Construction going on next door woke us up very early.

It was a very nice hotel with very good accommodations. Staff is very friendly and organized. The location is very nice in Montparnasse area with tons of restaurants within walking distance. The train stop was a block away at the Vavin #4 line.

Charming hotel in a fabulous location!
    • Classic Double Room

As the building is so old, expect a bit of noise, example, people moving around upstairs, water through the pipes, etc. But it adds to the charm, reminding you of the buiding's history.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and the artwork throughout was lovely. The Magritte-inspired mural behind our bed was particularly nice. A great location in the arts district, close to transport, restaurants and stores.

Loved the hotel. Would recommend it.
    • Classic Double Room

Providing Bedroom slippers would have been nice.

Staff was wonderful. Location was excellent, very near metro stop and lots of great restaurants. Felt very safe in the hotel and neighbourhood. Clean, quiet, all basic needs provided. Very nice toiletries.

The room was spacious.

The breakfast was 16 euro. We didn't buy it. The wifi was poor.

The room was spacious. The bath nicely modern with chrome fixtures polished to a bright shine. The room was quiet but you could hear some noise from neighboring rooms. Plenty of restaurants nearby for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There was instant coffee in the room. There were several outlets and different lighting options: overhead, accent and reading. I would stay here again.

This was a well located, small, friendly hotel within walking distance of Jardin de Lux., cafes, met
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Internet wifi was down most of the time. Hotel was advertised as a business hotel so this is unacceptable in 2017. Must be improved.

Very clean and quiet, desk staff excellent, very safe (desk staff very vigilant). Breakfast was too $ so only ate once. Bathroom very clean but towels need replacing. Need wash cloths. Coffee, tea in room was very nice. Very good safe for valuables.

Very very nice.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Mattress was too hard. Was there decaf coffee at breakfast?

Room was quiet. Room was very clean, nice view of courtyard. Staff was great. Food was very very good.

Pleasant stat for a short break away.
    • Classic Double Room

We stayed in 107 which was a little awkward to get to. The air con banged a bit when switched on.

Really helpful reception staff. Great location and easy to navigate from the airport and into Paris. Breakfast was sufficient and served in the small dining area. Staff around the hotel were friendly.

Excellent location, nice area with so many restaurants,...
    • Classic Double Room

Excellent location, nice area with so many restaurants, cafés nearby. Room is not too big but modern and convenient. Friendly staff. Would stay here again.

Excellent standard as all ways at this hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast so too expesive so better just to go to a cafe.

Very clean. Polite reception. Nice and calm environment. We were kindly upgraded to a better room as we have visited this hotel a few times

Good hotel in interesting location, close to transport links.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, clean smart room with small bath and good shower. Decent size for Paris (deluxe room) and reasonably priced breakfast. Polite and helpful staff. Checkout 12pm.

Good location, meet basic needs
    • Classic Double Room

- Room very small, facilities little old - Staff at front desk changes every day, not following up our problems of the first day until we asked again at the last day, and problems not solved at all.

- Good location, 1 min walk to metro M4, also close to other metro, easy to get to anywhere. - Neighbourhood clean, quiet and convenient, restaurant and supermarket nearby. - Room quiet, satisfying basic needs, e.g., coffee maker, hair dryer, coffee & tea, but no slippers

Good base to visit Paris
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Good location to visit Paris. Located a very short walking distance to Vavin station from which you can get virtually anywhere. The AC worked really well (it was one of the reasons we selected this hotel) except for one afternoon we got back and it was not cooling. However, after we alerted them they took care of the problem very quickly. The room is small even though we got a large one but it seems this is the rule rather than the exception in Paris. Several places to eat close by.

You need to be more specific on your comment...
    • Classic Double Room

You need to be more specific on your comment "Transportation to the airport". You didn't specify which airport and didn't indicate that a cost was involved.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The triple room is very large and the beds are rather...

The hairdryer isn't very powerful and it is impossible to take a shower without water splashing all over the bathroom. The Wi-Fi in the room could be better.

The triple room is very large and the beds are rather comfortable. Good breakfast. Excellent location near the Metro station, the underground parking and within walking distance to Jardin de Luxembourg.

Has everything one needs!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a bedside cabinet with a drawer and an individual table-light. It was just a block, and the lights were hidden around bed-head so were a bit intrusive if one person wanted to sleep while the other read at night.

good location near Luxembourg Gardens, good restaurants, interesting art-historical places, nice shops. Easy to park in public car-park within 5 mins' walk. comfortable hotel, with delightful staff who were helpful and efficient . It isn't luxury but it is certainly better than standard, and for a 3 star in Paris, excellent value!

i flew in from Australia very early in the morning and they...
    • Classic Double Room

i flew in from Australia very early in the morning and they allowed an early check in. thanks for that. the property was well located near very near the avenue de montparnasse and walking distance to the latin quarter; lots of good restaurants. the staff were very welcoming and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

A La Villa Des Artistes is a Lovely Hotel in a GREAT section of the Latin Quarter.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Size of room could have been a little larger.

Loved the way the front desk helped by answering questions, calling taxis, etc. Darious was especially helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Comfortable rest
    • Classic Double Room

The staff is very nice, the room was the same as on provided photos: clean and comfortable. They were cleaning room every day. The hotel is very close to the Metropolitan and all popular attractions are also not so far.

• Classic Double Room

Great location. Walking distance to metro station and plenty of bara and restaurants in the neighbourhood. Highly recommended and good value for money

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Somwhere to stay in Paris.
    • Classic Double Room

There wasn't anything not to like.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful they were aware that a wheelchair user was coming and put us on the ground floor so we didn't have to use the lift. The rooms had plenty of room and was easy to move around.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

A fantastic place to stay when visiting Paris
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

large very clean room with comfy bed & lovely bathroom. Very helpful staff & in a great area for visiting the sights of Paris. Lots of fab bars & restaurants close by. Metro a few steps away & bus stop.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Excellent location, very comfy would stay again.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was quite small and I kept hitting my arms and elbows when I was in bed! The toilet door opening right beside the bed was a bit off putting as well. The noise from upstairs kept me awake and woke me up the next morning. The first night I only got about 3 hours sleep. Maybe a bit more soundproofing?

Very comfy bed, tasteful decoration and exceptionally clean. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Excellent locations!
    • Classic Double Room

The lights in the room were not bright enough. The room during my stay was facing street, it was a bit noisy during the morning when the garbage truck came.

Excellent locations! Close to Vavin station and quite a number of restaurants nearby! Staff are all very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great stay! Loved it!

The shower floods the bathroom sometimes and need a fan in the bathroom to help when you have a shower. Did not really care for the breakfast thought it was too expensive. But overall we loved this place and the location! Would recommend it to other people!

Staff really friendly and very helpful. Geoffrey was at the front desk when we were there! He is brilliant and an assets to the hotel! The beds are comfortable and rooms are very clean!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Great hotel ideal location
    • Classic Double Room

Not enough coffee and milk in the room for those who like to drink more than 2 cups of either.

Location is ideal.A lot of visitor sites are within easy walking distance or a short taxi ride.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Small hotel in a good part of Paris
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms rather compact, but bed good. Shower leaked onto bathroom floor despite the best efforts to avoid it.

Location very good and everywhere was clean. Montparnasse tower and an interesting Saturday food market was close by. Breakfast limited but regularly refreshed. Orange juice particularly good

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

The staff were super friendly and helpful.
    • Classic Double Room

The staff were super friendly and helpful. Very quiet room. The location was excellent, we often walked instead of catching the bus or subway, which was in near proximity.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The room was big and comfortable, great location, lots of...

WiFi doesn't work after service hours, slow connection that breaks sometimes. The Elevator is small, old and takes forever to arrive, the makings of a good excercice when you're staying on the 4th Floor.

The room was big and comfortable, great location, lots of restaurants and café in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Montparnasse - all the atmosphere of the Lost Generation
    • Classic Double Room

Location is excellent in Montparnasse. It is very close to the cafes frequented by Hemingway and Scott Fitzgerald in the 1920s. Staff are extremely helpful. Our room was comfortable and very clean. It had been recently renovated with a great rain shower.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

St Germain Great Western a perfect place to stay

Everything was perfect

Location location - close enough to walk to all the attractions (30 minute walk), however far enough away to avoid all the beggers/scammers that are on numerous street corners as you get closer to the city. Being a female and travelling by myself, safety was important & I felt very comfortable in Saint Germain

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Paris, je t'aime......
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel has no parking facility, so you are forced to use the Indigo parking garage, where you will pay the top price.... for 4,5 days a whopping Euro. 184,-. No service assistance also after various phone calls to Indigo. Bad indeed!

The position close to Boulevard Monparnasse is excellent and at least 2 Metro stations close by. Very good restaurants near by, especially a fish restaurant.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The area is quiet and safe.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The area is quiet and safe. The room is cosy and clean. Not very far from the main attractions and line 4 is just few minutes walk. There are some good restaurants nearby. The leon ( good mussel and chips) is good value of money.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

A very quiet place in the most sparkling city
    • Classic Double Room

The location was very pleasant, in a beautiful district of Paris, a very quiet place in the heart of the artists Montparnasse district, in front of the Grande Chaumiere art school, close to the Luxembourg garden and the Latin quarter, the Lucernaire theater and all the activities of Montparnasse: restaurants, shopping, cinemas etc..with very easy transportation to touristic sites and museums. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Lovely stay in Paris with quiet street but easy access
    • Classic Double Room

elevator and hallways are narrow so do not travel with too large suitcases and not handicapped access visible to me.

Excellent location, helpful and kind staff that spoke enough English to be helpful, superb breakfast - made solo female traveler comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Next time in Paris, we will stay in airbnbs!
    • Classic Double Room

Too expensive for what you get. The airbnbs are going to put many Paris hotels out of business because they are too expensive, comforts are questionable, and the flexibility of the staff is most of the times not available. The first morning, we had a tour and had to leave half an hour before breakfast and the staff could not accommodate any of our needs. Come on, for what you pay, that's ridiculous! In many other cities they accommodate your needs.

Somewhat the location although it was in a side street that was really narrow and ugly.

I did found free parking place in front of hotel

Small room

I did found free parking place in front of hotel

After problems with another hotel (the room was not ready)...
    • Classic Double Room

After problems with another hotel (the room was not ready) I’ve immediately booked villa artistes and received perfect service at 11 pm

The staff was awesome, location was good and the room was...
    • Classic Double Room

The staff was awesome, location was good and the room was kwel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was a bit too tall for the shower.

Great location. The room was really nice, spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly.

Quiet location neat metro and restaurants.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit pricey for the small rooms.

Quiet location neat metro and restaurants. Comfortable beds, great water pressure in shower.

I'll choose another hotel next time.
    • Classic Double Room

Our room was too small, nothing like the images on the web page. Internet connection was poor.

It was our second visit to this hotel. Great location

Nothing really everything was good

Comfortable. Friendly staff fantastic location

Reasonable value , good location near metro

V small bathroom

Didn’t have breakfast

Nice Hotel in Paris and
    • Classic Double Room

Nice quaint location close to metro and nice restaurants.

They are making improvements. Small facility but fine for our needs.

Super