Reviews of Campanile Cherbourg-Laglacerie 3 stars

6, Rue Montmartre, 50470 Cherbourg en Cotentin, France

#33 of 33 hotels in Cherbourg en Cotentin

God room ,good food, comfort.

Because I am slightly incapacitated our room was excellent, comfortable beds The receptionist on duty was very helpful and friendly. Good parking can't say more but we have used Campanile many times over the years and will continue to do so.

A great place for a short stay, convenient for hypermarkets and not far from Cherbourg town centre.

Bedrooms could benefit from updating, particularly the green covering on outside staircase to rooms which was peeling off - a definite trip hazzard. Free Wifi was good when it worked!

Lovely airy restaurant with a view. Great choice of menu and good buffet selection.

Too basic

Very basic facilities and lacking in maintenance eg.heater in bathroom did not work,plug in sink broken therefore had to wash under a running tap,light in hallway did not work,only one toilet roll which ran out while needed! Coffee making facilities was minimum being one packet of coffee and one milk therefore no seconds!The hotel is not a family hotel,the three nights we stayed the hotel was full with overnight working men with my wife being the only woman and no children what-so-ever.

Location and parking good

Convenient location but you get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

Rooms small and could do with an upgrade (although new shower was fitted). Had to pull third bed from under the double bed which then took up all the walking space. Noisy road opposite the hotel.

Convenient location when arriving in Cherbourg in the evening (10 minutes from the ferry).

Ok for my needs
    • Double Room with (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

The hotel is a very very old structure and it is in need of renovation or reconstruction.This hotel at La Glacerie is really on the last leg.

I often stay in the Campanile Hotels because of their standards meet my needs.

The manager was rude, racist, discourteous and I would never go again or recommend any friends

The following morning I approach the manager . I explained that I was a 60 year old woman that need help in trying to find a company who would take the car and dispose of it. After listening to this he took a telephone call, returned to his work and blatantly ignored me. I then email the F.O. who gave me a telephone number of a company who could help with the disposal of the vehicle. After calling them I found they didn't speak English and I don't speak French. I then went back to the manager who again would not assist me. By this time I had missed my ferry to the UK.

I have travelled the world many, many times throughout my life and have never have had to write a letter of complaint. Last Thursday I was booked into the Campanile Hotel in Cherbourg. I had been travelling alone, apart from my dog, from central Spain. It is a very long journey especially driving alone for that distance. 60 miles from Cherbourg my car blew up and I had to be transported to Cherbourg by an appropriate vehicle. When I reached the hotel it was dark so the transporter parked my car in the hotels carpark. Madeline, the receptionist that night was lovely. How sad the rest of the staff were not.

A good place to stay if you need to get to the ferry port at Cherbourg.
    • Twin Room with twin beds and one junior bed

I felt the room could have been cleaner. There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. Our room was at the back and faced on to a high bank which made it dark when the lights were not on. The rooms were a little tired and in need of decoration. Also we needed to make an early start but there was nowhere to drop the key before reception opened at 7am.

The restaurant was very good. Excellent food, well presented and served by personable staff. The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated

Disappointing as we have stayed in Campanilles before and they were of a much higher standard.

The food. We ate in the restaurant and the chicken was tough and stringy and the turkey skewers were gristly and fatty. We wefound the chips palatable.

The room was clean and adequate but externally was very cruffy. The waiter cum receptionist was very friendly and helpful.

This property is not on my favorite list for Cherbourg.

The room inside and out was very worn from a lot of use. The vinyl on the floor was shabby and dirty around the edges. The room was a no smoking room, but smokers gathered on the balcony/walkway outside giving a stale smell inside.

The mattress was firm and I got a good nights sleep.

Overnight stop before catching the ferry to Guernesey.

The building is old and built on a hill in a residential area. The car park access from the south by car is a little difficult - it's better to approach it downhill.

We were getting a ferry the next morning and the location of the hotel was perfect for that. Location idéal si vous prennez le ferry le lendemain.

Great stay in Cherbourg, ideal for an overnight stay and excellent value for money 😄

The hotel was easy to find and on a quiet road away from the town centre. The bed had 100% cotton sheets and duvet covers and the bed was very comfy. The staff were very friendly 😄and tea and coffee making facilities in the room. There is a fantastic boulangerie and patisserie nearby 😄. Excellent value for money.

Excellent would reccomend

Room was excellent . Food was superb for all meals. Staff were polite and made sure that our stay was very enjoyable with excellent interaction with their customers

Reasonably convenient for the ferry terminal at Cherbourg.
    • Twin Room with twin beds and one junior bed

Room was not very clean-one bedside light did not work-the wall heater came on when you switched on the bathroom light-when I tried to switch it off the heater fell off the wall! The hotel is generally very tired and run down and just about acceptable for an overnight stay.

Reasonably convenient for the ferry terminal at Cherbourg.

The staff were very helpful when we arrived quite late.

The staff were very helpful when we arrived quite late. The room was clean, quiet & comfortable. We did have TERRIBLE trouble finding it - our sat nave took us to the other side of La Glacerie &it was sheer chance that we came upon it in the end.

We had the perfect stay here!

The only thing I missed was a toilet-brush in our bathroom, but that's me being picky! The rest was fantastic!

The entire stay was perfect! The staff was so friendly and helpful, me and my partner don't speak French (apart from 'hello', 'thank you very much' etc) and the staff helped us with that, they spoke French but slowed down so we could understand them and they mixed in English too! The hotel was amazing, so clean and nice and neat! The restaurant offered good, delicious meals and breakfast was lovely too!

Handy for the ferry.
    • Double Room with (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

Hotel was bit seedy and needs updating in terms of decor and furnishings. But for £50 a night you can't complain.

Good value for money, nice restaurant and plenty of parking. Close access to the ferry port of Cherbourg.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

worn, cheap, old, miles from town, but decent food

Thick black mould in certain parts of the room behind wallpaper, room quite scruffy and dirty at times, bad smell of cigarettes in room when I arrived. Quite a dingy, old, worn room. The key had to really be jiggled in the lock, the window faced directly onto the walkway so people could see in. Only one accessible plug socket. The internet was one where you have to keep logging back in, however it did work ok. Staff friendly enough however at one point after I handed my key in and returned to the reception later it could not be found - as it had been put back in my room, in reach of an open window. Not very secure at all when my laptop and xbox one were in there.

bed very comfy, food very good. That's about it. Oh, and it had a bath which was nice.

Good location for ferry
    • Double Room with (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

Breakfast too expensive for what you get and the room smelt of cigarettes which was not nice when you are a none smoker don't know if they have none smoking rooms wouldn't stay again

Good location for ferry

No surprises - you know what you are going to get

just a little further from central Cherbourg than we thought

Friendly welcome, food both dinner and breakfast were nice, water hot and plentiful and kettle with tea in the room

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Good value accommodation, but think chef was away over Bank Holiday as evening meal bit uninspiring

no hooks to hang wet clothing only 1 bed shelf on 1 side of the bed, floor had to be used by 1 prrson in a double bed

The bed was very comfy. Liked the tea tray with kettle in the room

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Nice budget hotel in good location
    • Twin Room with twin beds and one junior bed

For the money it provided everything we wanted OK

Everything was absolutely fine and good value for money. Its not the Ritz, but we didn't expect that. Also its in a very convenient location for us and we will bring a group there next year.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The accomodation is so comfortable and clean.

We were happy with everything. Thank you.

The accomodation is so comfortable and clean. Theres no road noise even though its only 5min from the city centre. We had our breakfast each morning, plenty to chooose from,delicious coffee!. Spent three lovely nites there with my husband,exploring cherbourg and all its history. Hopefully we will get back next year. Jackie & Nickey Ireland.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Comfortable but not quiet.

Walls are paper thin. We were kept awake by the couple next door who talked until 1.00 in the morning then started again at 5.00! The rooms also smelled badly of smoke.

Quiet location. Good, safe parking.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

good friendly efficient hotel for short stay

Could do with Modernising a little and decorating.

Staff very good nice breakfast self service. Friendly and efficient. Nice and clean and hot water. Would reccommend it.

Good stay

Simplicity

Great overnight stop location and good value

Location, freindly

home from home

we couldnt fault anything about our stay

we liked everything about campanile, staff,location,accomodation,food.

Would stay for the convenience of location for our trip to buy wine at Le Clerc.

The restaurant was good but the entrecot steaks were awful. Both my bother and I wished we had had the buffet which looked superb

Nice pleasant hotel, . Staff very friendly and great breakfast.

Found it difficult to monitor the heating.

The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

A welcome and restful stop during a hectic tour.

NOTHING

VERY COMFORTABLE BED

Comfy enough
    • Double Room with (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

No carpet in the rooms, laminate flooring is pretty cold.

Good transit hotel on the main road in to town. Clean and comfortable, but a bit dated. No complaint

All ok

Coffee was from a machine. All such hotels use them. Breakfast was good, all you can eat and plenty of choice. No eggs.

A great convienient stop-over
    • Twin Room with twin beds and one junior bed

Rooms are showing there age and feel like they need to be upgraded to the level of other Campanile's

Friendly happy staff who spoke good English

Good

On the main road, easy to find

On the main road, easy to find

Well located, convenient and good

The worst green salad I have ever seen!

Good main meal

Welcome to Normandy!

Nothing as we were well catered to.

Staff friendly. Food excellent. Great service too!

It was nice and lovely holiday for me and for my lady !!!!

Nothing!!!

Exselent place very friendly staff !!!!

We enjoyed our staThe hotel was a convenient stop-over on the way to and from South Brittany.

Room needs a bit of updating.

Comfy,clean beds.

Handy place to stay

Bathroom smelly and very short bath.

On main road, easy to find

Don't stay there.

Nothing. The food was disgusting.

Very good for stop over.

Very good for stop over.

Not as we expected

Musty smell in room bathroom didn't smell very fresh

good value
    • Twin Room with twin beds and one junior bed

hotel decor getting very tired, it all needs updating

rooms clean with nice bed linen, friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Ideally situated and easy to get to from the ferry terminal.

Ideally situated and easy to get to from the ferry terminal.

Good value.

Rooms now in desperate need of refurbishment!

Good value. Right location close to ferry. Good food choices

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Perfect for us!
    • Double Room with (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

We were only there one night - no complaints!

Nice views, lovely lady running it, close to ferry port.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Good value

Very clean room, comfy bed, quiet, good location

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Nice food and staff

Nice food and staff

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Very convenient rest stop

Lovely clean room

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Dont go there

The staff on reception were rude the woman running the reception is in the wrong job

The room was clean and comfable

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Nice place to overnight.

The whole place is in need of a makeover.

Nice location and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Warm, comfortable, friendly and simple accommodation

If there was any criticism then I would say it feels a little dated.

Good place to stay, clean working facilities, very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Breakfast a little too expensive €10.

Breakfast a little too expensive €10... should be 7 or 8!

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

SWEET CHERBOURG

Very comfortable bed. Warm welcome. Excellent food. Plenty of hot water.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Wifi hopeless cannot connect

Wifi hopeless cannot connect

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Kitchen facilities in room

Had to pay for WiFi in room

Kitchen facilities in room

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

the place is not nice.

the place is not nice. The staff was great but the walls are "non existing" . our neighbors had a "very active night " and we "witnessed" everything. No isolation

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Restaurant was good, food excellent and reasonably priced.

Room was basic as expected but putting up third bed in room made it very cramped. Stuffy, no extra bedding, (fortunately Auchan close by) TV remote needed new batteries and TV not working properly. Table about to collapse prob due to heavy cases being placed in middle. Minimal towels etc for 3 people.

Restaurant was good, food excellent and reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Staff were very good, rooms as we expected, food good.

We were happy to walk into Cherbourg from the hotel but a lot of people would find the distance too great.

Staff were very good, rooms as we expected, food good.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Very convenient if you arrive in Cherbourg late, easy to...

Bit tired and in need of a face lift

Very convenient if you arrive in Cherbourg late, easy to find and right on your exit route for the following morning

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

Good price, buffet food good, friendly staff and quiet...

WiFi in rooms completely inaccessible for the most part, a la carte menu food in the evening of a fairly poor standard, no safe in rooms, at the top of a huge hill!

Good price, buffet food good, friendly staff and quiet location.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2015

Hotel room was basic but clean and comfortable.

Only France channels on tv.The hotel is on very steep hill difficult to walk anywhere a car is a necessity.

Hotel room was basic but clean and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was excellent and good value.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

Normal Campanile Standard

Normal Campanile Standard

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Very good value for money

Very good value for money Very good choices at dinner

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Very comfortable, clean, very friendly staff

Breakfast and on site restaurant way too expensive.

Very comfortable, clean, very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 14 November 2015

Hotel in good position for us

Hotel in good position for us

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

Nothing it was convenient after coming off the ferry

Not impressed with anything. The rooms and nowhere nice to sit and just have a drink

Nothing it was convenient after coming off the ferry

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Excellent location great value for money wouldn't...

Excellent location great value for money wouldn't hesitate to stay there again

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Easy to check in good position from ferry port

Nothing to dislike

Easy to check in good position from ferry port

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Good Staff Good Breakfast

Bed very hard and it is quite Noisey here

Good Staff Good Breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

convenient location and very comfortable bed after 1 week...

convenient location and very comfortable bed after 1 week camping

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

THE KINDNESS OF THE STAFF WHEN WE ARRIVED VERY LATE AFTER A...

THE KINDNESS OF THE STAFF WHEN WE ARRIVED VERY LATE AFTER A FERRY HOLD-UP.

Value for money.

Value for money. Good, clean accommodation and convenient site with nice view over the countryside.

Staff were good and very good breakfast

the room smelt bad of damp and very noisey

Staff were good and very good breakfast

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.