Reviews of Castex Hotel 3 stars

5, Rue Castex, 4th arr., 75004 Paris, France

#803 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Fantastic location, comfortable room, will stay again

Friendly welcome, very comfortable bed and the shower had great pressure and lots of hot water, room nice and cool. Particularly liked having the safe and the fridge. Room small, but as expected. fantastic location for metro, the marais and restaurants. Will definitely stay here again.

Overall it was a very good stay in a charming hotel!

The size of the room and the wifi

The location was great, very close to the Bastille area and Place des Voges where there were lots of places to eat, cafes and bars. It was in easy walking distance of the Picasso Museum, the Seine and Notre Dame. The Louvre was a little further away but still easy to walk. Transport links were good. The room was clean with all the necessary amenities but it was very small. There was a complementary demi bottle of wine when we checked in which was a nice welcome. There was free wifi throughout the hotel but it was not great.

Price was good for the room. Probably a 2 to 3 star hotel. I would plan on eating out for breakfast

Instant coffee in the room, breakfast was not worth paying for. Internet connection iffy at best! Had a hard time getting connection and staying connected. Computer in lobby was available and the gentlemen at the front desk were very helpful with the issues we had with it.

Roomwas clean and comfortable. Pillows on the small side but there were 4 of them so it woke for us. Close by restaurants very good, cafe Reveal around the corner and down one block on Henri VI Blvd was awesome as were Cafe St. ANTOINE.

Good stay

The room was really small, I expected something a bit bigger. It's plausible that I missed the room size information. But anyway - it's at the centre of Paris and close to all the attractions. So it was fair I guess, and the staff was very pleasant and welcoming which made up for my surprise with the room.

The breakfast is a buffet, also pleasant and enough choice of cold meats, cereal and cheeses. I may have been a little late to get any hot breakfast - I'm not sure if they serve it at all though.

Comfortable and well located with helpful staff.

No place to park to load/unload when arriving and departing. Small room with little space to maneuver around furniture (one interior door could not close because of furniture blocking it).

Very quiet room facing a courtyard but near a busy Paris street. Good location with easy access to sites but not too touristy and crowded. Helpful staff. Close to Bastille Metro stop.

Cosy charme hotel near Bastille

Very small room (even for Paris)

Good breakfast, friendly staff, parking St Antoine nearby ( 46,60 per 24 hr which is not cheap... even for Paris) , perfect location in quiet street.

great location; basically a charming and appealing site; disappointing lack of customer focus.

Unfriendly person on reception on arrival on morning of 14 May. No access to English language television. Very tiny room for two people - barely room to get around the beds to go to the bathroom

Very 'French' and basically very clean, if a bit shabby in parts (shower recess - Room 104)

Nice place to stay!

It was small, but I think comparable to other hotels in the area.

The staff was friendly, it was a cute little hotel. Good location, short walk to restaurants and shops. Clean room and responsive help when needed.

The hotel allows free access to a computer to print your...

The hotel allows free access to a computer to print your boarding pass. It is in an excellent location to discover Le Marais, a beautiful part of Paris. I was given a bottle of red wine on arrival. My bed was comfortable. The view from the room was lovely. I was able to practice speaking French with the staff who were very accommodating of my basic level (They have fluent English also) and I watched some TV in the room in French. Breakfast was lovely, with fresh pastries and orange juice available.

It wasn’t great but it wasn’t the worst. I wouldn’t stay here again or recommend it.

The room and bathroom were not very clean. Mold in shower and on grout. Floors were dirty. Hair on beds. It was gross, really. The photos are VERY generous and do not represent the actual condition or lack of attention given to the property.

Friendly hotel in an ideal location.

The shower had no wall at the entrance and the curtain didn’t always make it easy to avoid spreading water on the floor.

This hotel had helpful and friendly staff. The location is ideal. Lots of sights within walking distance and the rest easy to reach by metro.

Very good location!

The staff at breakfast is not very friendly

The staff is friendly at reception The bed was very comfortable You get a free bottle of red wine from the owner's wine property

The free bottle of wine in the room was a delightful touch!

The free bottle of wine in the room was a delightful touch! Was impressed by how friendly the staff were, and also loved the location, just steps away from the metro and walking distance from La Seine.

Ok room in good location but Gaellic bald fellow at front desk needs to be more professional.

Stout, bald, Gaelic-looking front desk person was very rude. I waited 20 minutes to check out waiting quietly in the back of the lobby. Front desk man was chatting leisurely with the other guest checking out. I figured this was a French custom and I waited. When it was my turn I stepped forward and I asked for a cab to be called and for a check out. Normally in America you call the cab first so it will be there at the end of check out. For whatever reason, possibly because he was French(?) he did not call the cab, so I mentioned it at the end of check out to please ask him to call the cab, again. At this point he exploded and said I’d been pressuring him the entire time I’d been standing waiting to check out. I was totally confused because I had waited patiently while he chatted with the other guest. I suggested that perhaps there are some cultural differences. He continued to berate me until I walked out the door! A lack of manners and service from my standpoint.

Good value and location

Enjoyed it a lot.

The breakfast wasn't worth the 13 Euros. It wasn't worth much less than that. We had just one breakfast at the hotel and found we could spend about the same amount of money eating much better food elsewhere.

We liked everything but the breakfast.

M Eskender was so friendly and so helpful.

The room needed one foot wider,

M Eskender was so friendly and so helpful. He solved a problem that I had with a taxi fare with calm and grace, Thank you Eskender so much. Our room was spotless and the beds were made so well you could flip a dime.Location was excellent for walking and using the metro!

What is has going for it is location. I like the 4th arrondisement.

Hotel Castex is in a good location. The room I had was very small, as was the bathroom. The safe was broken, the bed only OK. I would look around before staying there again.

Excellent position and I had a nice quiet room on the top...

Breakfast is overpriced in my opinion. Although I asked daily for the missing remote for the TV it never materialised!

Excellent position and I had a nice quiet room on the top floor.

It was the perfect location for visiting Notre Dame.

The rooms are a little dated, but I was not staying here for the sake of the room. It is the location that was most important for this trip.

It was the perfect location for visiting Notre Dame. It is in a nice neighborhood that is good for exploring the West Bank. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are not as nice as shown in the photos. Only one front desk staff member was friendly.

The window had mildew stains on the wall underneath it. The bed was ok, but not exactly comfortable.

The shower head pressure was strong. I liked that we had a window which could be opened for fresh air.

Wonderful, would stay again!

The room was quite small, but well equipped.

The staff was quite helpful and friendly. The location is really great, close to the metro and nice shops and restaurants.

Fine for a short stay, nothing special but great area.
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

Pretty much the usual Paris hotel experience; charming older building but all a bit run-down with cramped rooms (mainly because the space was taken up by the beds) and a little overpriced.

Good location. Rooms (we had two adjoining) had comfy beds.

The location is perfect and close to everything in a walking...

The room was really small, you can barely walk between the wall and bed

The location is perfect and close to everything in a walking distance. Staff is very helpful.

Perfect location for our Christmas in Paris!

We had everything we needed and liked our stay very much!

The location was perfect for our Christmas in Paris. The hotel was a charming local establishment with very clean rooms, (we had two) pleanty of hot water for bathing, crisp sheeted and comfy beds. Like all Parisian local hotels, rooms are smaller and yet we had everything we required. Rooms are warm and cozy from December chills. Staff were always pleasant and friendly. Restaurant recommendations made by Christian in réception, made for some of the more delicious, typical Parisian, memorable, and fun memories! I forgot two rings in my room and realized it once we were at the airport. A quick call to the hotel and Eric said the maid had already turned them into reception! They were sent to me at home in Seattle!! Great personal customer service! Breakfast was available but we did not eat at the hotel. I recommend this hotel for its great location and excellent friendly customer service!

Disappointing as we had no warm water for two days

Unfortunately we did not have any warm water for our entire stay. The receptionist promised that the issue would be fixed for the second day so that we could have a shower - but it wasn’t. Unfortunately the receptionist on the second day could only suggest we email the hotel manager to complain. I did so but never heard back from the manager. I thought that was very unfortunate and would not go back for that reason!

The location is great.

Awful staff. No hot water. Bad smell

There was no hot water, when I asked I was told that since I got a low fare from booking I shouldn't be so demanding. First when we arrived in the night the consierge was rude. But the morning one was even more. Awful

The building

SATISFIED AND DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE

Just one thing that the night i stayed there was no hot water to take shower. I was staying in the top floor / 5th floor, single room.

The staff / receptionists are quite nice to me! Cuz i am a breastfeeding mother but travel alone so i have to express milk regularly. I asked to use freezer, microwave, bothered them a lot but they never complained any.

I have stayed at Castex before and when I return to Paris, will stay again!

The location is very convenient to all forms of transport. The hotel is in a quiet part of Paris suited to walking. The hotel has a small boutique feel and is free of glitz. The staff are helpful. What more could a traveler ask for?

Best time in Paris yet.

The weather. No rain but Paris cold in November. Look up the location on Google Maps before you go.On arrival we came out wrong side of Metro station and had 600 metre walk with luggage. Closest entrance/exit is only 300 metres from hotel.

Location is great, less touristy. Huge number of restaurants cafes brassieres patisseries etc within 10 mins walk. Easy access to Metro and all of Paris. Walk to Notre Dame, Picasso museum, etc. Good shopping in area if you want or need. Room was small but comfortable & very clean. Fresh fluffy towels every day. Breakfast nice continental style, enjoyed. Staff friendly & helpful. Would consider to stay again.

No customer care. Expensive dirty small rooms.

Los colchones viejos, cama incomoda y desnivelada y la limpieza mucho que desar. Old matresses, unconfortable bed and not clean floor. Also, they charge me an extra price for leaving 1 day in advance, even if I told the first day and they agree on the standard price at that moment. Then they change their mind on checkout and charge to my card an expensive fare. They knew I didn´t liked the hotel so they dind´t care about customer at all.

Solo la ubicacion, pero he ido a hoteles mas lejanos y zonas mas tranquilas como Bercy y se puede llegar rapidamente en tren al centro. Only good location, but other regions are quiet and going in train to the touristic area is somewhat fast.

Location great, facilities not so great.

First room so small couldn't even get a suitcase laid out. Shower wasn't even enclosed, just a plastic platform w/curtain. water went everywhere. Courtyard "view" had LOUD school gym next door. Moved to another room when it was avail a few days later. Better, had street view which was nice.

Location excellent

4.0
    Good location but hotel is tired. It could do with refurbishment.

No hot water for two days - so had to take a cold shower. Not happy. The hotel could also have been cleaner. When one looks at this hotel on the net you think it is much newer, but in fact it is old and could do with refurbishment. Overall poor.

The location is good. It has a very good Thai restaurant across the road.

It served it purpose but I won’t be back

The bathroom was too small and the tub was difficult to get in and out of. There is no elevator to the patio rooms. The desk attendant on Monday and Tuesday was very rude and not accommodating. I did not receive the room I originally booked and I would like a compensation for not having the room I originally booked I feel I would not stay here again and wouldn’t refer anyone to either

The room was clean and comfy

Very good value in a great location!

Bed was a bit hard

Castex is in an excellent location near the Bastille Metro, and in the lovely Le Marais area. Staff was super-friendy. The room is small with not enough storage, but generally quite comfortable. We felt very welcomed and comfortable. Nice place!

Very good stay. The front desk staff was very nice, friendly and accommodating.

The first room we stayed in was really, really small and very cramped, faced the street and was very noisy. Surprisingly, it was more expensive than the larger, quieter room we were moved to. When we moved rooms, my partner left his electric shaver in our original room. We discovered it when we unpacked our bags and alerted the front desk immediately. It was never turned in by the housekeeping staff. We asked for several days but they said it never turned up.

The location was really great. We asked to be moved to a larger room in a quieter location and were accommodated almost immedietly.

Grim

We arrived to find a note on the door saying "be back in 10 minutes sorry for the inconvenience' well, we were inconvenienced and it appeared that the guests inside of the hotel could not get out. First impression - grim! Room was the smallest room I have ever Encountered. Breakfast available down in the cave, basic but ok, even came with a resident Troll who barely managed to spit out a bonjour in the morning and who made so much noise clearing tables i was rather surprised she managed to not break anything.. grim experience, only lasted 2 nights, had to move to another hotel

The location was good and the room was clean. Bonus having tea making facilities in room and there was an elevator

Amazing staff, the gentleman that checked us in was so...

Amazing staff, the gentleman that checked us in was so helpful and pleasant. Location was excellent with metro only a few minutes walk. I would definitely return.

ok but not brilliant...loved the location but not sure I'd rush back or recommend this hotel!

very over expensive for what it was, although I know it was PV Trade show so rooms double in price!! The room looked grimy and in need of a paint, although bathroom was nice and clean and looked freshly painted. Beds were comfy and it was quiet. Breakfast was a rip off- machine coffee rather than fresh, suspect tasting ham and some packets of cheese, bread and mini croissants- for 13euro! Location really good...short train ride to Gare du nord and main shopping/tourist areas. Staff helpful.

Bad experience

I traveled with my 15 year old daughter. We did not sleep, because there was no air conditioning, it was broken in the hotel. They should have told us at arrival, when we left our bags, and it was already broken, like that we could have changed hotel, we only found out when we came back in the evening ourselves. The reacted 'yes we know'. no ventilators or what so ever available. to open the window ... the people in front of our hotel could just look into our small place with the bed on top of the only window....it is Paris :-) Noisy street, we did have to sleep with the window open, and kept the curtains closed, otherwise we would have made part of 'the red light district :-). Next morning... breakfast is under the ground, we left. I don't know where they took the photo of the hotel, because it has nothing to do with The Castex hotel.

?

This property is extremely secure and cute.

This property is extremely secure and cute. We felt very safe at the hotel as there is 24 hour reception and swipe in. The hotel is small and charming and the staff are very friendly and speak English. Great location, surrounded by cafes and shopping, and tourist attractions.

Awesome Hotel - Great location - Definitely recommend and we will be back.

The bathroom was a bit hard to Navigate as it was so small but hey, it's Paris.

The location of the hotel was awesome, right near Bastille station and very easy to walk from the station to the hotel. We found that everything we needed was at our doorstep or an easy walking distance. Because you are so central everything is easy to get to from The Castex. The rooms are small which is what you would expect from Paris but certainly equipped enough and have everything you need. The room and hotel were clean and it had a lift which is good for all the bags. We arrived early and the man at the front desk stored our bags until we checked in. He was so lovely and couldn't do enough to help us. Any question we had he was generally able to answer and if not he always found out for us. He even called a restaurant to make a booking.

Potential is there; won't be back
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

Maid service is really poor. Dirty glasses continuously left in our room and dirty linens not changed. Pillows and towels definitely need upgrading. Refrigerator in one room broke during the week and went unfixed even after we mentioned it to desk several times. Air conditioning unit failed and took 3 days to fix. We noticed the desk manager's chihuahua urinating in the lobby. Also one of the desk managers incessantly bothered us about the hotel shuttle to CDG even after we told him we weren't interested. You have to log into wifi every time after leaving hotel.

We stayed her for 7 days. Location of hotel is great. We had 2 connecting rooms for a family of 4; very small but adequate if you only need it for sleeping. Appreciated the bottle of wine upon arrival.

Wonderful hotel, though no space for dancing in the room!

Breakfast was not very appealing, though did love the machine that boiled eggs! Wish the room had been a tiny bit bigger with a chair for the desk that had a back on it, but on the other hand it was wonderful to have a refrigerator and tea/coffee making facilities.

Staff were wonderful people, and the location - in the 4th - was a dream!

Checked in after midnight.

Checked in after midnight. The door bell didn't work so had to wait 30 minutes to be let in after finally banging on the front door to wake up the night clerk who wasn't in the lobby as he should have been.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Charming hotel with excellent service

The room was a little smaller, which made it a little tight with 3 people.

The staff was very helpful.. especially with restaurant reservations. The beds were very comfortable and they carried an English language television station.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great location!

The room was very small. And the CNN not BBC as well made it monotonous.

the location. Very charming. We walked everywhere. They had a bathtub which is a bonus.

Delayed plane forced a stay in Paris.

Delayed plane forced a stay in Paris. Knowing nothing about the city we went on reviews and price for reimbursement. Great location, small rooms but clean, nice bathroom and adorable courtyard. Very close to Norte dam, walked past the Louvre and beautiful sites to see Eiffel Tower ! Awesome night. Cafe Margaux for dinner as received recommended right around corner!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Perfect hotel in the middle of Le Marais

Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel. It's located on a quiet street in Le Marais, but is still in easy walking distance of the Bastille metro station, lots of restaurants, and the river. Staff were friendly and happy to help with any questions. Room was small (though probably on par for Paris), but comfortable and everything worked as it should. We also had a cute view from our room looking over Parisian rooftops.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Serene oasis in Marais

We paid $150. Per Night for two nights. Booked in advance through booking.com. Checked price on booking.com the day of our stay and it was $92. Night........

The inner courtyard and side street location made this a serene little oasis in the midst of Marais. Staff were top notch. Room comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

We had a very pleasant stay - thank you

Most reception staff were excellent except for one who was grumpy most of the time on his shift, Lift sometimes a bit slow

coffee and tea making facilities and fridges in our rooms, comfy bed, window that opened with a nice view, courtyard, breakfast available if required (at extra cost); the fact that there were fresh roses on the reception desk the day we arrived - a nice touch; close to Bastille metro

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Great stay

The breakfast, tho really only because of the croissants, and my mattress.

It was a really good hotel and I'd go again. The mattress on my bed was terrible, tho, so taught me a lesson--I should have insisted on a new room. Don't get the breakfast there, even tho it's cheaper than other hotels, the croissants are factory-made. Ick. Go to one of the many little places on both the rue St-Antoine or the Blvd. Henri IV for better croissants at half the price! (From the hotel, turn right, go a few feet to the B. Henry IV, cross the street and turn left. The first bar you come to has a big glassed-in front and has a "petit-dejeuner Anglais" that has a lovely big croissant and a really good omelette "nature" for €8.5.). The staff are really nice and the room was definitely clean with a nice bathroom. And the location is excellent--very close to the Gare de Lyon and just down the street from the Bastille, from which you can get the metro, busses and taxis to anywhere. The best part is the it's just a couple of blocks from the Place des Vosges--my all-time favorite place in Paris.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great location, nice place

The wifi works really poor.... The staff is very firendly but one of the consierge that we met where a bit pushy in selling us their shuttle service to the airport.. a bit annoying..

The location is perfect. Close to Marais, 15 minutes wolks to nothre dame, 15 minutes walk to Quartirere Latino. The room is very nice, not so small (for paris standard) and the bathroom is very clean

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Intimacy the french way

Nothing to complain about.. i enjoyed my stay.

I liked everything about the hotel. The rooms were small and intimate.. also cozy the water was nice and warm. The tv was French. The bed was nice and soft. Warm thick blanket. . Heat was very nice. The staff were freindly.. i loved the hotel overall and would stay again if i were to visit in the future.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Perfect Paris Boutique Hotel

The location being in a non tourist area was really nice, found great restaurants and cafes walking distance Easy to get to the train and walk to pretty parks and sights

To the attention of booking.com
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

It was not the one it was advertised. A little suite around 18 meters for two people. Generally speaking properties that I booked via booking.com in Paris were disappointing and got a bad impression on us.

Historic style and good value.

If anything, the hotel was too warm.

Our compact bedrooms had large beds, accessed from a private vestibule. Excellent privacy and no noise. The hotel style is in keeping with the historic Marais area. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Convenient but lacking

Room was cramped--had to climb over one of the beds to reach the floor. Bathroom tub was pitched in such a way that it was hard to take a shower (not much of a secure flat floor to stand on, and no grab bars). Housekeeping skipped our room after the first night of our stay, so I made sure to speak to the cleaning help the next day, emphasizing that we expected our room to be cleaned, beds made, and towels changed in the future. No washcloths were ever supplied. Soap dispenser in shower was empty on arrival. The concierge asked if we wanted to reserve a shuttle back to the airport when we left, so we did. The price, which he claimed was a "discounted" price, was slightly more than what we'd paid to arrive at the hotel by taxi. We did take the shuttle, and when the driver dropped us off, we asked if this was where we were supposed to get off for Transavia (our airline carrier). He said yes, so we took our luggage and went into the terminal. Only after he left, we realized that he had dropped us off at the wrong airport--Orly West, instead of Orly South.

Location was convenient for our needs.

I stayed in a single room.

The location is good, near to metro station but to go to the exhibition everyday or to CDG airport is little bit inconvenient because one needs to transfer at Chalete which is quiet confusing, even worse if travelling with suitcases. The curtain in bathroom is too small. Water was all over the floor after having a shower.

I stayed in a single room. Room is clean but relatively small. A lot of coffees and restaurants around but still the room is quiet. It's nice to have a wine bottle at arrival and tea and coffee available in the room. Bed is comfortable. Water and heating work well.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The hotel was central to the area.
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

Tea/coffee was minimal 3 teabags (mixed)2 coffee. Room was hot ( even with radiator off) Decor a little shabby, lots of dark wood which made it feel little dark.

The hotel was central to the area. Good links to the metro. Plenty of places to eat close by. Supermarket across the square. Room was small, but functional, bed comfortable. clean towels every day. Empty Fridge in the room for your own use. Tea/coffee facilities. Will store your bags if you arrive before check in and after checkout.

Good place to lay your head for the night!

The room was small, but we didn't spend much time in it.

The bed was super king size and was extremely comfortable with good pillows. The bathroom was small but up to date and very clean.

A fantastic stay in Paris.

Nothing could have been better!

Lovely, charming and helpful receptionist with a very good level of English. We were running the paris half marathon and were allowed a late check out, and all our needs were catered for. Very impressive customer service

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Hotel very near Metro and shops.

If, but only if, you're a light sleeper, request room overlooking front of hotel as back is a touch noisy. Staff changed us from back to front with no problem though.

Hotel very near Metro and shops.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

It was in a good location where you could get to the metro...

In our twin room the beds we're small for me but I'm used to sleeping in a double bed. Wifi was available but was very weak at times. Television had only 1 English Channel so unless you speak French no point turning on. Twin room was very small. Single bed against the wall left only 1ft of space between wall other side. Only 2 sachets of coffee put in room each day with only 2 sachets sugar and no white tea. Air conditioning was turned on by us but made no difference.

It was in a good location where you could get to the metro or bus stops to get you to other locations. There was a franprix 5 mins walk away which was useful to get your own tea,coffee or sandwich if you liked.There are plenty of other food shops around to get whatever you like but expensive. Obviously! Room was cleaned everyday and bed made up. Rooms have their own safe for valuables. Television was in room but only 1 English Channel. CNN

good location needs refurbishment asap
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

the rooms are small ,we read about it before and didnt mind but be were.. the maitenence of the room was poor and they felt like un clean.

the location was good the staff was very helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Fine Location

The room was extremely small. I'm glad we were staying only one night. The bathtub was dangerously slippery. There was only one electrical outlet. We had to unplug a lamp in order to plug in a hair curler.

Great location for doing a walking tour of the highlights of the city. It was in walking distance to several cafes, the Seine, Notre Dame cathedral, the Louvre, etc.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Short stay in Paris

Lovely little boutique hotel in central Paris. We had a ground floor room which looked out on a little courtyard. Room was spacious, and the bottle of wine was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Location very close to alot of attractions.

Nothing much really

Location very close to alot of attractions... room was so cosy a bit small but u can move around... staff super helpful... was supposed to stay 2 nights but ended up staying 4 nights... just loved it

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Great location but watch out for front desk

One of the receptionist at front desk - Caucasian man- sold me a taxi service to the airport for around 30 Euros which the taxi driver later told me a ruse. I just had to pay the hotel 8 Euros for the booking and then 18 Euros for the taxi/van ride. Noticed something was strange about him when I tried to check in - he kept pushing the airport shuttle taxi service and didn't want to give me my room card.

Location was excellent- close to Bastille station. Plenty of cafes and grocery stores around the Neighbourhood. Bonus - post office is on the same street- managed to send off post cards and packages in a jiff.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

A friendly, good value hotel near the famous place de la Bastille

Room was a little small with limited space around the bed

Location and friendliness of staff. Good layout, interesting refurbishment of basement into vaulted breakfast room

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Great Location, great value!

There was bacteria growing on the bottom of my shower curtain and the pillows were horrible.

The location was perfect and safe. Nearby great resuaturants, the metro and overall just a beautiful area.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Good location and good value

Near a main subway interchange so it was easy to go to different areas. Staff was very accommodating and easy to deal with. Beds were comfortable. It is in a quiet part of town so not many places are open past 10pm

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

very stylish room

Nothing. I stayed only one night.

I was positively surprised by the room size, it was bigger than I expected (basis my previous trips to Paris). A complimentary bottle of wine in a room. Staff at the reception was very friendly. The room was very stylish.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Located conveniently between two metro stations.

Rooms very, very small. A couple with two suitcases has no place to move or sit. Only option is to lie on bed.

Located conveniently between two metro stations. Friendly & helpful receptionist.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Great little hotel

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location. Breakfast was very nice. Luggage room available for period between checkout and leaving Paris which was so helpful for last minute sightseeing.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Mediocre

The room wasn't as clean as it should have been and the decor was very cheap. Although it said breakfast was included, in fact they charged me 13 euros a day. The location was a little out of the way.

A little garden area outside the room. The personnel were friendly.

Browse Castex Hotel traveller photo gallery