Reviews of Castille Paris – Starhotels Collezione 5 stars

33 Rue Cambon, 1st arr., 75001 Paris, France

#245 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Superior Room

Uncomfortable bed. Terrible coffee for 7 euros! although to be fair they removed from bill when I complained. My room very tired and dated but maybe others better

Staff mostly nice

However, this property has gone from rather pricey to very very expensive in 9 months.

The concierges are some of the most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable people in the service industry in France. This year however, some of the staff at the front desk were interns who did not know too much as they are learning, but they were very nice young people. . I am glad I stayed there again as they take very good care of you .

• Deluxe Room

This hotel is not 5 stars They must reduce the status to 4 stars and shouldn't be advertised like 5 stars It's deceiving people The staff and the concierge are maybe at the standards of 5 stars and save the situation but that's an only thing. I booked 2 rooms: deluxe and standard. As a couple we were put to a deluxe and our single friend was upgraded to duplex. That's was strange. Duplex looked good and was better equipped, they advertise it like for 3 people, but I didn't feel I could be comfortable for 3 grown ups, maybe for a family with a kid only. The deluxe has nothing luxe in it. At the same money or even less you can sleep at Edward wi fi was so weak that I even couldn't connect to it, not with a laptop and not with the phone

Location The staff at the reception was very friendly Free smartfon with 4G that you can use during the whole stay and out of the hotel as well I have local phone but this device was very useful as there was no internet in the room at all. The screen was big enough to use it instead of my laptop. They have also app with small city guide inside, can be helpful for somebody

• Deluxe Room

The cost was astronomical in relation to the value offered. We have stayed here before and the property has nosedived! the staff could not have been less interested (except for one stellar server at breakfast, bless her soul - her name is NEUSA and she deserves a medal for attentiveness!). The hotel has lost its character. Perhaps a person who cares right on the premises might make a difference.

the location

• Superior Room

There is nothing that we didn’t like.

After having a very bad experience at another hotel, we rebooked to The Castille the first night in Paris, leaving the bad hotel behind. The staff at the Castille welcomed us. The hotel is old world, elegant and classy. The staff reflect this and are very helpful, friendly, and accommodating. The location is fabulous because it’s close to everything, walking distance to the Seine, The Louvre, The D’Orsay and the Metro. It just goes to show you that you do get what you pay for most of the time. We highly recommend The Castille. We will come again.

• Superior Room

- There is a smell, maybe the cat is the reason?!

- Very classic hotel that give you the 80s feeling with a modern touch. - I recommend it for anniversary. - Information desk were friendly and helpful. - Location in the middle of everything i needed to go - We had a trouble with the air condition in 3 different rooms but they were kind to upgrade us with the best the had

• Superior Room

High quality property with excellent breakfast and restaurant facilities. Position of property was first class. Staff very attentive and helpful. Our room was very comfortable and clean but could have been a little larger.

• Suite

The sofa wasn't comfortable at all so we had to take shifts sleeping there. When you stay in a Suite, you expect all beds to be comfortable.

The location is great and overall it's nice hotel

• Superior Room

The Room was extreme small I ask for a bigger room first say no then I receive a econd call but it was too late and i could not change. For 5 star hotel category is impossible to have such size in the room is less then the minimum accepted

The location is fantastic if you are traveling without lugage or go 1 night for shopping is best location.

• Superior Room

This is supposed to be a 5 stars hotel! And they DON'T provide you even a complimentary water bottle at arrival! Imagine you're coming from a long flight! The only way to drink water is to go to the lobby or buy from the mini bar! The receptionist blonde lady wasn't very friendly! Also I saw a lil worm in the bathroom. Breakfast was humble.

Location and the concierge!

• Deluxe Triple Room

The hotel should not be rated as a five star. The bathroom shower is old and moldy. It’s difficult to get the right water temperature. The toilet flush hardly works and old. The bathtub was dirty with pieces of hair in the tube. There is no radio in the room. You have to turn the tv on to listen to a few unpopular radio stations. The mini bar, coffee and creamer was never replenished. We had to call every day asking to replenish our coffee, creamers and the mini bar. There is no iron in the room. You have to call for it. When we complained at the end of our stay, the hotel reservation did not even bother to offer us a complimentary coffee. He even charged us for 30 euros room expenses. There is no spa in the hotel. Although the location was great, the hotel is over priced. If you are looking to have a 3 star hotel experience for the price of 5 star, then this is the right place. There are much nicer hotels in the same area that are priced less.

The bell boy, the doorman and the cleaning ladies were nice.

• Superior Room

They always exceed my expectations with their upgrades and super new toiletries (aqua di parma) and the valet service they have is incredibly useful. Best hotel in Paris

• Superior Room

Bed on the hard side and numerous issues with room service. They noted the wrong room number twice and I ended up eating 1.5hr later. They should have an automatic system which tells them from what room you are calling like most hotels. Elevator was broken and the one I used stopped at each floor even if there was no one.

Lovely duplex suite (free upgrade).

• Superior Room

hairdryer was a little heavy. lack complimentary bottled water in the room

early check-in by the kind receptionist, late check-out as requested, asked for a quiet room and allocated exactly that. great location for shopping and restaurants.

Nothing to say

Service, concierge and reception were amazing. Reception was amazing, from the moment you walk in until checkout... they really know what hospitality is. They upgraded us to an amazing room Which from what I understoud always do when there us availability (since they upgraded the couple next to us aswell), and met all my requests from booking.com Even the restaurant recommendations were top of the line. Location was amazing, and great valet service, Would definitely go back.

• Superior Room

No Airport shuttle but not an issue

It's in a great location. Luxurious and staff are friendly. Check in was pretty quick the buddy mobile was of a great help. I would definitely stay here again

• Deluxe Triple Room

Staff was super friendly and the service they deliver is extraordinary. The hotel location is perfect to explore the city tourist areas as well as for shopping !

Our bathroom facilities in room 154 were quite poor, the plug mechanism did not work properly meaning a bath was off the cards and the water pressure from the shower was quite poor.

The hotel is in a great location and has a nice boutique feel to it. The staff were all very attentive and friendly.

Staf very kind , but concierge very ineffective, we asked him to book a restaurant , for two days kept saying that it is full, and we booked a table ourselves in the restaurant half empty

Location is perfect

The staff at reception called a taxi and we had a walk over the park until it arrived. My wife was so upset to leave she almost told the taxi to leave without me but I just made it before he pulled away. Again we laughed and commented what a nice stay we had.

Enjoyed the lounge bar after a long afternoon bark rubbing in the park. Retired and took the vitamins my wife gave me and fell into a deep sleep only to be woken by her hands tight around my neck. This is the 3rd time in a month she has been dreaming of wrestling crocodiles. I kill that Richard Attenborough and his documentaries! We decided to stay on in a duplex room with stairs to an open plan bedroom and nice views Luckily I saw the the fishing line that must have got snagged across the top of the stairs from my wife's trecking hold-all. Oh we did laugh. I could have had a nasty accident!

Will be revisiting this hotel when we return to Paris.Hopefully by then my wife won't limp and the swelling to her shin has settled down.

At reception desk they were very nice and sang a welcome song and followed us and sang outside our room..... (Oooh where's that tiger now) Where's that tiger where's that tiger where's that tiger where's that tiger Hold that tiger hold that tiger hold that tiger hold that tiger Hold him choke him kick him pokin', ......my wife was exhausted after all of that tap dancing. No more digestives for her!

• Suite

Nothing, except the noise that comes from next door building under construction.

Reception Stuff were friendly and nice, the location perfect and the housekeeping was perfect

• Superior Room

Terrible experience !! I booked a room two months before . Hotel confirmed and took money two months before arrival . Day before my arrival to Paris, a nice man called me and said that I can't sleep in theirs hotel !! I wasted many hours to decide which hotel will be ok. It was during my holiday on Santorini . I wanted rest but last day I had to find new hotel in Paris. Staff sent me propositions for a new hotel but they were either too far away or had too low standards . I was looking for a new hotel but my choice was to expensive for staff . About 20 € :)) Eventually I agreed for hotel Scribe . When I arrived at hotel Scribe my room wasn't prepared. I had to wait until 5pm :)

Can't really think of a thing - there was a fair amount of nearby construction that made getting in & out a bit of an inconvenience - but obviously that's out of their control.

Great location, great rooms & super helpful staff. We were in a crisis - stolen passports for a family of 5 - simple need was location near Embassy - got far beyond that with great rooms & a staff that went far beyond to get needed documents printed & organized so we could focus on rebooking rest of trip. A lifesaver!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Suite

Booked a suite said had two bedrooms one single bed and one double bed. Upon check in was shown a single bedroom with a sofa they said was a sofa bed. Bathroom was tiny, not like pictures. They refused to change room said was the marketing departments fault. Not a good experience at all.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Superior Room

Elevator floor never properly cleaned during our 12 nights stay. Sofas and chairs in the bar and lobby area full cat hairs lost by the hotel pet.

Perfect location. Most tourist attraction are in walking range.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Nothing at all

Super Location Unbelievably friendly, courteous and helpful staff. A cool and extremely well behave cat at the property! a hidden gem of a hotel!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Superior Room

Hotel should come with free breakfast as room price is already expensive

Excellent concierge and front desk services . Location is next door to Chanel flagship store and Super convenient to hop to Chanel - hop to hotel to drop your purchase and hop to do more shopping . All designers boutique are within 5 min walk and Galerie Lafayette and Printemps within 10 min walk 🤗🤗🤗🤗😍😍😍 Oh the resident Cat Heliot is so adorable Abd the centre attraction at Castille We also love the Etro Toiletries set 🤗🤗

• Superior Room

The staff were fantastic, from check in to every query we had with the concierge, they made us feel like royalty! Amazing location and a beautiful duplex (upgraded) room. We will definitely visit again soon.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Superior Room

We had a room facing the street Rue Cambon but the noise on the street in the middle of night was very annoying and quite loud

I liked the friendly service. This is my 4th time at this hotel and every time I come I'm greeted with a lovely smile and great service

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Superior Room

Next door to Chanel has its charm and it is dangerous - hold on to your credit cards...Castille is a typical Parisian Hotel - the rooms are small but cosy.My room was on the six floor and the elevator did not work the first day. Great workout if you want to stay fit. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The bathrooms look a bit run down and could need a touch up. Overall good experience . For a business trip to fashion week it is the perfect fit

The breakfast choice is ok but it is not worth another 30 EURO. Just go around the corner in one of the cafes and enjoy a cafe au lait and a fresh croissant. Sit back and look at the fashionable Parisians passing by. More fun!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The food service department could be better!

Amazing Concierge ! I have never seen this kind of helpful persons in my life! They are the best! Thanks to Xaiver and Romain!!! Please trust their recommendations about food!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Superior Room

The bath tub and shower, should only have a true walk in shower The lobby upholstery is a bit tired

Staff is very attentive and cordial Loved the restaurant experience. Fine Italian food and good ambiance as attentive service. Breakfast host is very professional and works with and as much as the staff. Delicious variety for breakfast. Thank you !

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Superior Room

The mirror was cracked and the bedside drawers were positioned so that the wardrobe door wouldn't open. The bathroom did not match the quality of the bedroom, it was a little tired and the shower far too small.

The location is great

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Superior Room

The room was a little on the small side, but then, you don't go to Paris to spend all of your time in a hotel room!

The staff were outstanding and the hotel is in a very convenient location, within walking distance of most of the major attractions in Paris.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Duplex Junior Suite

The corridor of the room is so old The mirror and beds need to renovate

The location is great Decoration of lobby is fantastic The restaurant is great

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Superior Room

The room was small, but it's Paris, so to be expected. The breakfast was expensive and we had to have it everyday to get the lower price. We decided against it.

The location was perfect for us. The staff were excellent. Our view was lovely from the 6th floor. The lobby was warm and inviting.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

No twin-room suite. Inconsistence staff capability. One at the concierge suggested us to hire 2 taxi for 5 people with 5 big baggages because he could not guarantee a wagon for all of us. The next day, got a phone call from the concierge advised us a big taxi would suit. Apparently, the latter gentleman was more experienced and thoughtful!

The location is unbeatable if the purpose of your travel is shopping.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Duplex Junior Suite

The decor in our bedroom is great. The ground floor seems to be in two parts , one more contemporaryear and another to the left, looks tired and at odds with he rest.

The staff are very helpful and responsive combined with a great location and beautiful decor.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Superior Room

We felt it very expensive, food and drinks were also highly priced but I guess that's Paris.

Location, close to metro and quiet at night. Comfy bed and the bathroom was big. Staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Superior Room

Over priced mini bar and bar. Disappointed as says you have a bath in the superior room but we didn't just a stand in shower. Mentioned it was my mrs birthday and didn't offer to do anything special. I wouldn't expect this for free but should offer some flower or something for the room at additional cost.

Like the location, very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Everything was perfect.

Beautiful hotel in a perfect location, couldn't be better. The stuff very nice and friendly. The breakfast very good, as in all Starhotels. Extremely comfortable bed in a beautifly decorated room. Even if it's in the center, very quiet hotel.

Small rooms, no coffee makers, you have no feeling that it is really 5* hotel.

Central location, though it is not on a walking distance from many major attractions.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Superior Room

The breakfast was not so excellent. Very little space for the clothes.

The junior suite was very nice and also the position of the hotel. Staff very kind and professional.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

Horrible staff...totally unfair and would not do anything to make you happy. My impression that they have zero interest in you coming back...The worst is that they cheat...if you asked for one feature you like in your room to be - they will downgrade you...will pretend naive...as if they are meeting your request...in reality - they are milking your credit card.

I liked the interior - it was clean and minimalistic style...exactly what you want in the 21 century. Bed was great also...

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Superior Room

Room at the end of the hallway on the 1st floor slightly noisy due to the machinery nearby

Room design is nice Private parking Hotel staff / reception desk providing great service

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

Everything was wonderful with nothing not to like. Don't expect a grand lobby, however, expect quality over quantity.

Castille Paris is an older intimate charming parisian hotel in a very good location that is walking distance to many of the main museums and surrounded by high end shopping. Upon check in, we were informed our room was upgraded to a mini suite from a standard room as we were a party of 3. Service is very attentive and they went out of their way to help us locate taxi driver when we left cellphone in car on way to airport. It is unheard of that a lost cellphone is returned, but the staff of Castille were on top of this immediately and arrangements were made to return the phone back to us in United States within the week. That speaks volume of how they take care of their guests.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Superior Room

Could the room be a bit more spacious? Probably, but I know what to do to make it bigger - take a suite, not the basic room ;-)

There were three negative issues from Tripadviser which put me into doubt: cat (i don't like pets in the hotel - am allergic), bad breakfast and small room. Re the cat - i couldn't notice it's presence at all (the hotel in general and the room in particular were immaculately clean) which was a shame as my daughter was very excited to play with it!; re breakfast: absolutely delicious! No, it is not "kilometers of (wasteful) choice" but one would find everything you need for a healthy, fresh, delicious (certain things - too much!!!) start of the day (pffff, still mouthwatering when remember!). Re room size: well, it is not Texas, it is the heart of Paris (old Europe)! Want bigger - pay more ;-) We also very much appreciated the internal terrace of the hotel which gives the opportunity to be in the fresh air and without being looked at.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

The rooms should be equipped with atleast tea and coffee facilities. And a couple of complimentary water bottles.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, we were there for pfw so location was excellent. It's more of a boutique hotel

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Superior Room

Would have liked bottles of water available in our room, & for staff in restaurant & bar to be more accommodating to guests of the hotel - we arrived late & came down to restaurant for a meal 10 minutes after last order, told only option was to eat room service in our room.

Great location, rooms were so neat, clean & very Parisian chic. Restaurant was also great.

• Deluxe Room

Our room was very noisy. Lots of slamming doors, trash truck at 8am Sunday morning. Not a lot of personality. The cat was even snobby. But cute.

The location was great.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Superior Room

the door of the WC, which is strongly closing behind you, leaving you closed in a very small room (the WC room)

Good and fresh breakfast, nice lounge bar also for business meetings, changing of bathroom towels 2 times per day, chocolate every evening, great location in the city center, reception staff very efficient.

• Superior Room

the rooms are quite small ? but perfectly comfortable and fab location

the staff here are really wonderful -helpful welcoming and knowledgable they made the whole experienced feel special and I felt very well looked after

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Superior Room

Coffee/tea facilities in the room would have been nice

Upgraded on arrival, v comfy beds, fab location & generally very calm & stylish. If felt like a real treat to stay there with my daughter. Will definitely return. Staff incredibly helpful too.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Superior Room

No tea and coffee making facilities and when this was commented on when checking out we were told this would have been provided if we had asked. We had no idea this would have been available as there was no info.

Lovely courtyard for having a drink.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Superior Room

Rooms were way too small for what your paying. There's an outdated smell in all of the rooms. I wouldn't classify this as a 5* hotel. You would probably get better value and facilities at a nearby

Location for shopping and nearby access to metro

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

Absolute best staff in Paris, perfect location, fabulous room and bathroom, delicious breakfasts, gorgeous courtyard for evening drinks - a magical place. Had already booked another hotel, but saw Hotel Castille on Instagram and switched - best decision we ever made!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Superior Room

Room is poorly maintained and not clean. housekeeping job is very sloppy and never replenish amenity. I have to make extra call for shower gel, tissue, shower cap, etc, everyday during my stay. No mineral water supply at night. Elevator is not clean with smell. I changed room 3 times - each room has some level of outdated odor. Front desk staffs are indifference. Concierge ignored my inquiry on restaurants for two days, until a senior concierge on board who took care of all inquiry. Overall, I am surprised it is a 5-star hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Superior Room

The room is too small for the money we were paying.

Loved the location of the hotel as well as the hotel itself. The team was super helpful and helped us a lot with recommendations. The service is quite efficient from room service to dry cleaning.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

This was a 5 star hotel... but they do not have tea, coffeè in the room. At least not for free. What hotel in that class don`t have free tea? etc in the room? I`v been to 2 stars hotel that got that covered! I got very suprised when I realized I had to call room service everytime I wanted a cup of tea. And pay for it. Also, very nice to have them call to check up on you... but the "do not disturb" sign you hang outside on the door nob do not mean anything in this hotel. They called us all the time, when they could clean the room?, when we where going out?, if they could clean the room? if we would like them to clean the room? If they could do something about the bugs and the mole in the bathroom, that would be good. The bed was very hard and it was easy to hear the TV , voices from the other rooms.

Elliot:) their hotel cat <3

The location is perfect. The hotel is charming and personal. The manager Benjamin is outstanding! Will come back every time.

• Superior Room

I didn’t stay long enough!

The staff were amazing. They made our anniversary extra special and could not do rough for us. Will be highly recommending.

• Superior Room

Although very well appointed, the room was a little small.

The amenities and staff were first rate - an excellent hotel that I would recommend highly.

Not a thing.

Elegant beautiful and charming hotel in a perfect location. The staff was exceptional. We loved Romain the concereige.

Breakfast service...unorganised

Incredibly competent, helpful and friendly staff. Beautiful ambience.

• Superior Room

Location is perfect , restaurant excellent, and room very comfortable

• Superior Room

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was extremely helpful.

Best location in Paris

Lovely cat!

• Superior Room

The staff are very helpful and location is great, loved the lobby atmosphere

Clean, fantastic staff.

Amazing hotel, with heart ♡

• Suite

Wifi didn’t run smoothly.

Great decoration and style, clean room.

No water complimentary in the fridge, which is basic for even 3-star hotels.

Super comfy bed, super clean room.

Browse Castille Paris – Starhotels Collezione traveller photo gallery