Reviews of Comfort Hotel Cecil Metz Gare

14 Rue Pasteur, 57000 Metz, France

#15 of 25 hotels in Metz

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Not quite up to standard
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was not as requested (twin beds). We got a double bed and a camp bed. The weather was hot which meant that the room was very stuffy even with windows open

Friendly staff. Pleasant breakfast. Secure parking

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Decent budget accomodations for the business traveller - but a sloooow wifi connection !

The bed, getting soft, should be replaced soon. The wifi was very slow - a disappointment for business travel.

Located not far from the train station, a ten minute walk to the commercial center of town, the Hotel Cecil is a good choice for budget business travel. Rooms are clean, relatively large by European standards, with standard equipment fonctionning properly.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

The restaurant was identified on booking.

The restaurant was identified on booking.com as a three-star hotel. But, at the hotel itself (as in on the sign of the hotel itself), identifies as a two-star hotel. I would suggest that booking.com update accordingly.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Good short stop hotel

The toilet seat was awful, the bathroom was not as clean as we are used to finding in a hotel. I did tell staff on leaving and they made a note to replace loo seat.

There was no mention of tea/coffee making, so a lovely surprise to find that in the room. We arrived in a heatwave and found a nice large fan which was on all of our one night stay. It's a good basic room with everything you need, for the money excellent value. We had our best meal nearby in almost a month, Chez Baptiste, turn left out of hotel left again at bottom of road on right.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

A nice place to stay

We have always found the Cecil to be very welcoming. We like this hotel because it's an easy day's drive from the ferry at Calais, & because there was a lovely restaurant next door. Sadly the restaurant was closed this time, but the concierge gave us another recommendation which was almost as close by & also very good

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Good value, breakfast OK, nothing special, staff were friendly and helpful

Parking, booking.com showed availability of reserved parking, we asked for reserved parking communication was very bad and no parking was available,we were fortunate and found parking nearby

Very friendly, good location, excellent value

• Reviewed: April 13, 2017

Convenient location and good service.

Even though the site says there is parking available, good luck getting it. With forty rooms and only six garage spots, your parking is probably going to be on the street and the meters need to be paid. Some memory-foam on the bed would have made that more comfortable--the mattress was not only small for two but hard!

The staff at this hotel could not have been nicer--especially the manager. Breakfast had endless breads-including warm, fresh croissants--including pain chocolat, among other goodies. The room was quiet.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2017

If you really must

Plumming was awful, heating too. Internet connection was fair, but it can be used only on one gadget at one time and guest must always reconnect. Don't take breakfast, it's not worth it.

Location was fine, near train station and city center. Nicely furnished.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2017

Good onsite parking (€10 per day, best book ahead), close to...

Breakfast didn't look very good so we opted to eat at the excellent bakeries nearby instead. Wifi timed out regularly so you need to keep logging in, speed was generally good. Elevator is tiny.

Good onsite parking (€10 per day, best book ahead), close to central station in Metz and an easy walk into the old centre. Blackout blinds make it wonderfully dark and quiet to sleep. Rooms were clean and tiny.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2017

Property was conveniently located in center of town.

Check OUT clerk was very rude. He over charged me for my 2 rooms and when I questioned him he wouldn't hear me or look at my confirmation. He tried to overcharge me by €40. He finally changed the price because I disputed it with him in front of other guests. He knew what he was doing and played me for a 'dumb American'. Although he spoke perfect Wnglush he spoke to me in French and gave me my bill in French. (Good thing I know some French) When he gave me my updated bill, I added it up and agreed to the charges and then he made some rude comments about how I was wrong all along. I would have enjoyed the stay had it not been for him. The breakfast was also not worth €9 they charge.

Property was conveniently located in center of town. Evening clerk was friendly at check in. Rooms were small (we had 2 rooms) but ok for 1 night. There was no door to the bathroom-only a curtain. Strange! It was fairly quiet being in the center of town.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2016

Good value family stopover
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No complaints.

Good value family stopover. Simple but ample buffet breakfast. Room was basic but clean and comfortable. Would recommend for an overnight stay off the autoroute. Staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2016

I had very bad experience in this hotel and will not recommend you to stay.
    • Triple Room with Shower

It's was really a very bad experience in this hotel. I was asked by the receptionist (lady) to give my passport for photocopying and checking in at around 1330 on 03 Nov 2016, but it was not returned to me the first day, I has passed the reception counter more than 10 times (in and out for lunch, shoppings, dinner and paying the parking fee...). When I checked out the hotel at 10:30 the next day, they did not return it to me.They had my cell phone number, but no body called me about that my passport was kept by them. When I arrived Frankfurt and realized that the hotel did not return me my passport, and I called to this hotel. However, the receptionist told me that they knew that I checked out and my passport was kept by them. I made an immediate complaint over the phone, why they didn't call me to collect it. The receptionist said that they would wait for me to come back to collect it. I think this should not happen in any hotel anywhere nowadays. I will not recommend you to stay in this hotel.

Nothing makes me like this hotel.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2016

Nice but lacking in attention

Hotel parking was very cramped with narrow entrance. Lobby was furnished with run-down sofas. Staff was responsible breakfast room and reception desk. Breakfast was reasonable on the first day, but on following days supply was poor. For instance, coming into the breakfast room we had to wait for replenishment of bread, replenished with limited choice of bread, on day 3 for up to 15 minutes. Diary products were in poor supply. As in many hotels, in spite of instructions on replacement or reuse of towels, towels were replaced most of the time anyhow. So the 'green' sticker next to the shower is non-functional.

Location was near railway station and in walking distance of Metz center and sights. Hotel setting is nice. Hotel uses historic building which has its charm but leads to a small (and slow) elevator.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2016

Comfortable, quiet, good location, good value
    • Triple Room with Shower

Everything was just right and the location was good. In addition had a quiet night of sleep! It was just around the corner from good available parking at the train station. It was also a short walk to the very nice modern art museum, Centre Georges Pompidou.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2016

Pleasant older hotel in downtown Metz.

Older hotel with very small parking spaces. Parking and breakfast were extra-- it felt a bit like expensive extras.

Location, cleanliness, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2016

The hotel was centrally located and very close to the train...
    • Triple Room with Shower

The hotel was centrally located and very close to the train station. The hotel was old but our rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was very nice in the dining room. Hotel had a lift as well. The best part about our stay at the hotel and in Metz was Michael the manager at the front desk. He was very nice, he gave us pointers on how to find the sites and even suggested going to Joan of Ark's birthplace which was one of the highlights of our trip. We would stay at Hotel Cecil again! Thanks Michael for all of your help!

• Reviewed: October 2, 2016

Decent basic hotel

It was strange to get a phone call to the room to ask what time the room could be cleaned, despite having a 'do not disturb' sign hanging on the door

Location, secure free motorbike parking, reception staff spoke English, generally nice basic hotel - I would stay here again!

• Reviewed: October 2, 2016

One night is OK

more reception staff members should speak a foreign language; wifi does not work anywhere in the property

Location -walking distance to both city center and the FC Metz football ground; very tiny yet clean room

• Reviewed: September 27, 2016

Very bad
    • Triple Room with Shower

Every thing is bad , starting from parking until the bed , no internet connection for IPhone device, the breakfast was very bad , the coffee is bad , no eggs , no tea the room is not clean , I found alcohol bottle under my bed when i checked in

No things

• Reviewed: September 21, 2016

very close to the station, only a 10 minute walk to the old...

The room could have done with better lighting. The breakfast buffet is plentiful, but the tea and coffee facilities are of poor access.

very close to the station, only a 10 minute walk to the old town centre

• Reviewed: September 15, 2016

Good value, well presented hotel in a lovely, central part of Metz.

You have to obtain a special ticket from reception to use the wi-fi for every device you want to connect to the Internet. Unfortunately, due to issues with the 'confirm code' button on their intranet, I could never access the wi-fi on my iPad.

Friendly, multi-lingual staff who were happy to annotate maps for us and help with directions. Clean, good-sized room, with a very decent bathroom. Hotel is located in a lovely, safe and central area of the city.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2016

God for a stop over

Small, slow lift!

Hotel is easy to find from the A13 and has the benefit of parking. The hotel is a little faded in appearance, but the room was comfortable,though with a small bathroom. Breakfast buffet was adequate though unimaginative. The hotel is close to the main station and easy 10 to 15 min walk into the the very busy city centrewith its pedestrianised street and squares and an impressive Cathedral. Lots of restaurants and bars in this area. We found a great restaurant within 5 mins walk of the hotel.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2016

Nice hotel in a good location

Breakfast is expensive: there's a good selection of sweet options but not much for people who like a savory breakfast. We got there on a Sunday so it was easy to park our car for free. I guess that from Monday to Friday is much more difficult to find a parking space. The hotel does have a garage, but it was full when we arrived.

The hotel is located in a nice old building near the centre of Metz. Our room was small but pretty and clean. It's near the station (but the neighborhood doesn't seem particularly busy or noisy) and about 10/15 minutes walk from the centre. The walk is actually very enjoyable given the beautiful art nouveau buildings all around.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2016

Poor service and breakfast but good facilities.

Breakfast was minimal and late. I went for breakfast at 0700 and the place was dark. Some of breakfast was set up so I helped myself. As I ate I could hear what I thought was an alarm going off in the kitchen periodically, then head some one knocking on the lobby door. Turns out the night desk guy was sound asleep on a couch in another part of the lobby. The alarm was a front door bell that the morning person was pressing in an attempt to get in. I when I figured out way at was going on I let her in. After a few minutes of trying, she was able to get the guy to wake up and they eventually got the place running again. Really, really small lift. One person with luggage or two people maximum.

Really clean room. Large and well sound proofed room. Very close to train station and not to far to city center.

Excellent price/quality
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Light in parking garage is missing, take your phone!

Great price for: nice beds, good wifi, clean and working bathroom with seperate toilet, friendly staff (they speak English) and parking facility in hotelgarage. Also visit bar next door, we received a bottle of wine on ice. Greetings Amsterdam people

• Reviewed: August 9, 2016

Comfortable hotel on the way back to Calais

Hotel is a little way from the centre of the town, but it is easily walkable. Rooms are quite small, but clean. Soap/shower dispensers needed refilling.

Helpful member of staff on reception. Rooms very clean. Good price, and parking on the street nearby.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2016

Nice unpretentious provincial hotel

Parking advertised but it was full when we arrived. anyway - driving to it down the very narrow alley would have been a hell of a challenge!

A step above the usual French provincial hotel. Clean and comfortable if a bit shabby in places. Good breakfast at a reasonable price.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2016

good choice price / quality

No airco in the room (but did not bother us). Tiny elevator. Restricted choice in breakfast for those who want to start the day with a lot of calories.

Location : close to highway, and walking distance to city centre, Close proximity to Metz highlights Secure on-site parking which is a bonus (10 euro/day – to be reserved in advance!). But entrance of parking space is small. Room & bathroom maybe small, but comfortable, clean & adequate. We did not spent the time in the room, but enjoying Metz ! Staff friendly, helpful, English spoken. No dinner possible, but plenty of restaurants in the city centre.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Noise

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Disappointed

Breakfast was very poor, no plates out no cheese very little ham just very poor all round

Nothing other than location

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The staff was friendly and helpful.The room was clean and comfortable. We slept well

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Okay for overnight last minute reservation, just very small rooms.

The room was very small.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

THE WALLS ARE LIKE PAPER A COUPLE NEXT TO MY ROOM HAD ARGUES...

No Wifi

THE WALLS ARE LIKE PAPER A COUPLE NEXT TO MY ROOM HAD ARGUES AND ..... UNTIL 4H IN THE MORNING NO WIFI...

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Worst hotel in Metz and no money value

Bad wifi awful room very old furniture

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Overnight bike stop

Easy to find, short walk to the centre

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Comfortable place in Metz but ..

Breakfast was spoor and no door for toilet and shower

Location is great and staff was nice

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

average but worth his money I think
    • Standard Single Room

room was not cleaned up after the first day, the second day it was

breakfast was very ok, a good bed, room was big enough

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

A dirty low budget contractor style hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Leaving

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

The staff were very helpful.

The room was small & not really suitable for my disabled husband.

The staff were very helpful. Breakfast was tasty & plentiful.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Good parking , central location

A little run down

Good parking , central location

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

overnight stay in metz

only thing was no air conditioning

very friendly welcome and easily found. good parking and good breakfast

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

Bar without ice.
    • Standard Single Room

Entrance for parking is very small. If you are an expert driver you may dare to go with medium size car. It is impossible to enter with a big car.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

An easy to find, close to everything and very good hotel.

No complains at all

Friendly and helpful staff, breakfast offered but we preferred to try different things in town. A plus is the garage in the hotel.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Metz...... a beautiful city. I love it.

Very good location, very good price-quality, very good reception service.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Free parking for motobike
    • Standard Single Room

No food..... and everything closed.. only water and coffee...

Free parking for motobike

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Access to Parking is very difficult for cars when other cars...

Access to Parking is very difficult for cars when other cars already parked

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

Internet WiFi was weak

Property was handy to everything we wanted to see and do

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Everything fine, except the bed, hard like sleeping on the floor

Hard mattress.

Clean, sound-proof

• Reviewed: April 20, 2017

No bar available in the hotel.

No bar available in the hotel. Only drink on offer on arrival was water. Not what I expected after a 12 hour drive.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2017

Good and basic
    • Triple Room with Shower

Tiny shower. Bare bones accommodation.

Basic hotel. Good hot water, clean sheets and towels.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

nice staff, nice room

nice staff, nice room

• Reviewed: March 4, 2017

overnight stay but too expensive for accomodation

cost/benefit

overnight stay but too expensive for accomodation

• Reviewed: January 14, 2017

We loved the staff (very welcoming) and the comfort of the...
    • Triple Room with Shower

We loved the staff (very welcoming) and the comfort of the hotel.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2016

next to where we want to go

tête de douche à nettoyer ; bouchée par calcaire

next to where we want to go

• Reviewed: October 10, 2016

Easy to arrive

Beds are uncomfortable

Easy to arrive

Clean, friendly and central

Nice small room, comfortable bed, very quiet, friendly staff and central location. Would stay there again

Basic but clean

The breakfast could have been better

Very clean with a comfortable bed

Well worth a look.

Very close to centre of town. Historic surroundings and private parking available - smaller vehicles. Hotel is very convenient for all of Metz

• Reviewed: September 29, 2016

no wi-fi and receptionist did not follow up with us like he...

no wi-fi and receptionist did not follow up with us like he said he would. Parking garage full. Location sort of out of the tourist zone.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2016

If I ever will be in Metz again, it would be certainly here

Staff are very kind location is perfect clean

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Breakfast coffee and buffet.

Most of the rooms are small.

Breakfast coffee and buffet. Clean and friendly place. Good beds. Very well located and quiet.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2016

free street parking on a sunday
    • Triple Room with Shower

the shower was broken and the bathroom was not particularly clean

free street parking on a sunday

• Reviewed: August 29, 2016

good location

Rooms need renovation, only six parking spaces

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: August 24, 2016

2 nights in Metz

Room too small. Bathroom very basic

Nice distance from city center, train station and Pompidou.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2016

Staff was very nice and easy going.

Everything looks pretty old fashioned. Bathroom very small. No big Mirror.

Staff was very nice and easy going. Good location. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2016

Good value but not if you need secure parking

Car park was important to us but entrance so narrow maybe only a mini could get in

Rooms were modern, bright, well equipped; good breakfast

• Reviewed: August 7, 2016

Convenient, clean & welcoming

Parking on the street right outside and securely in sight of the hotel cost us €1.50 from the time of our arrival at 7 pm to 10 am the next morning.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2016

Pleasant and clean

Promised Wi-fi but you couldn't log on TV didn't work booked a double room but was given a twin room

10 minute walk to the city centre

• Reviewed: July 21, 2016

Excellent secure motorcycle parking

Excellent secure motorcycle parking

• Reviewed: May 24, 2016

Room was very quiet, bed comfortable, i could do an early...

Room was quite small, there were no curtains at the window, so with full sunlight and no air conditioner in the room, it was getting too hot during the day.

Room was very quiet, bed comfortable, i could do an early check-in.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2016

Staff were excellent.

Room is a bit small, but then we did not spend time in the room, hanging around, we were out enjoying Metz!

Staff were excellent. All spoke English, as needed. Close proximity to all Metz highlights. Staff had advice on restaurants and sightseeing.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2016

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit small but totally adequate and clean. It was nice to stay somewhere so friendly and in such a perfect location.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2016

Good central location.

The overall look of common areas can be improved. Breakfast was very basic.

Good central location. Family room was good value for money. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. Secure indoor parking a bonus. Ideal for a one night stopover.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2015

Very good staff, helped us getting a take away pizza since...

Paying everything in cash, no in house snacks / bar

Very good staff, helped us getting a take away pizza since everything was closed (on a Saturday at 10.30pm). Parking in front of the hotel (free in the weekends)

• Reviewed: December 11, 2015

This one of the best 2 star hotels, I have ever stayed in.

This one of the best 2 star hotels, I have ever stayed in. It has recently been renovated. The staff is friendly. The internet wireless connection is very good.

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.