Reviews of Hotel Chabrol Opera 3 stars

46 Rue De Chabrol, 10th arr., 75010 Paris, France

#1079 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Rooms are so tiny I had to turn sideways to enter

I could hear other people flushing their toilet and blowing nose. That’s what woke me up every morning at 6. And the room was so tiny

The staff were very friendly and nice

Was convenient to rest near gare du Nord after a long flight.

Uncertainty about payment. Thought I had paid prior to arrival through credit card but was required to pay on arrival.

Easy access to gare du Nord. Staff friendly. Amenities good. Enjoyable breakfast.

Exceptional value for money in a handy location near bus and metro transport and Gare du Nord

room a bit cramped and hard to get into with table near door. Tight space moving bags in and out of elevator. These are minor issues.

Friendly staff, ideal location, good breakfast great shower.

Blah

Bathroom - the toilet was almost under the sink! Could barely undress in bathroom. Shoe box room Expensive No tea coffee facilities unless you pay

Cheap but not worth it!

My room opened onto reception therefore very loud. The bed was lumpy and slanted and very uncomfortable. Bathroom is tiny!

Location was close to the office I was visiting.

This hotel is definitely above average for Paris standards...

This hotel is definitely above average for Paris standards and given the price. Super cozy bed and much more spacious rooms than Paris usually offers. Nice location with supermarkets, restaurants and bakery close by!

The hotel's location is very convenient to public...

The air conditioner failed to cool at all.

The hotel's location is very convenient to public transport via Gare du Nord. There is very minimal street noise, which was excellent for tired travellers seeking sleep. Staff are very willing to help with advice on a variety of topics.

An excellent place to stay.

The only downside was a rather "tired" carpet in the bedroom.

Couldn't fault the cleanliness. Breakfasts were superb with a wide range of options including fresh cheeses, pastries, croissants etc every day and even oranges to squeeze to give fresh juice. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The area is great and accessible to the metro, good...

The area is great and accessible to the metro, good restaurants and this hotel is close to the studio I am currently working in so it's perfect access to all that I need

Terrible experience.

Unprofessional and not helpful service. Check inn was so late because: "your room is not ready" Small room and very dirty with mold on the wall. Forget what you see in booking-it is much worse!!! I definitely do not recommend this place.

Very nice older gilding with loads of character.

I would like more plugs in the bedroom. Or at least one closer to bed. There were only 2: one for the TV and one for the fan.

Very confortable bed, nice wide shower, very quaint elevator. It really has a lot to offer. It's very close to a lot of amenities, including Gare du Nord and Gare de L'Est. I was very pleased.

Great Location

Nothing at all.

This hotel has great location for Paris if you would like to see the museums and stay in the center. The receptionist friend Siva was very kind and very helpful.

The location is centric.

The room was not as required, it was with twin beds instead of a queen bed. After I complained they placed together the twin beds. Also we found the room with chocolate M&Ms in the floor.

The location is centric. It is an OK option for 1 night.

Was very close to metro station and very easy to access all...

I couldn’t smoke!!! I have to go outside all the time for a cigarette! Noise !

Was very close to metro station and very easy to access all the attractions in Paris! Staff was very helpful! Room nice and clean!!!

Not a very good value for money, you pay a lot for location.

The lady in the reception, she does not know the tourist atractions very well, not very kind. The room was the smallest in Paris, i think. It was in the attic, very noisy because of bathroom ventilation, there is no A/C and its warm. If you bring a towel from home, be careful, because the cleaning lady took one of mine, thinking it was from the hotel, even though it was near my clothes. Its a double room, but i is only one socket in the room, so you need to ask for an extension from the reception.

Location is the only good thing about this hotel.

Room was quite small, hotel wasn't value for money.

Room was quite small, hotel wasn't value for money. Wifi speed was crappy. Building is apartment turned hotel. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone else.

Stuff were helpfull and nice.

Only thing that the hotel room was small for two people

Stuff were helpfull and nice. Location was great (there was a nice bakery for breakfast, metro was so close)

I would definitely rebook this hotel.

The only slight inconvenience is that based on their booking policy they block your advance payment for a certain number of days (depending on your bank your money could get unblocked sooner or later) and they withdraw the full payment upon your checkin. It’s a common policy though, just be aware of this.

Staff - super friendly and helpful. :) Location was excellent - close to a lot of restaurants and 1min away from the tube station, which takes you to the city center in 10mins. Reasonable value for money.

It's very close to the train station.

Their flooring is kinda weird so the lift stop at the mezzanine level. Meaning I had to carry my 23kg luggage up some stairs. The room is small and without air conditioning.

It's very close to the train station.

Mediocre hotel near Gare du Nord

The room was ok, but they definitely need some renovation.

The hotel is close to Gare du Nord, so it is quite convenient transfer from CDG airport. The staff is quite helpful.

Great location if you are coming into Paris by Gare De l’Est.

We were able to leave our bags before/after checking in/out, allowing us more time to explore Paris. There is a Metro station at the end of the street. Great little bar across the road.

Other than the staff being pleasent, it was a 2 bad nights of sleep.

This is a very old hotel. Pictures online are different then what we actually arrived to. The staff was friendly, but the room was very outdated and only 2 AC outlets in the room and one of them was taken for the TV. The floor in our room was on such a bad pitch that I placed a water bottle on the floor to show my wife as we watched it roll to the other side of the room. Sleeping in the bed was horrible as I struggled to try and sleep on it and felt as if I was going to roll off.

The staff was friendly and the location was close to both the metro and train station.

Good quality and location for a decent price, would recommend to a friend.

Although the bathroom was roomy and nice, the shower doors barely held water in the shower space, so our bathroom floor was constantly wet. Extra bed in our room took unnecessarily much space.

The staff was very pleasant and always smiling, rooms were clean and cozy. Location is very good, 5 minute walk from Gare du Nord (connection with CDG airport)

Handy for getting around Paris, not the nicest place to stay, could be much better

Curtains did not keep out the neon lights, so very bright in the room all night, so bring night shades in future, noisy rubbish trucks and delivery trucks from 05.00 in the morning, very poor WiFi, the only plug socket hanging off the wall with exposed wires, large patch of mold under the window. smelly room and worn out, well overdue for a makeover.

larger than average room, handy location for Gare Du Nord. free baggage storage service, Staff nice.

Good place for city trip!

The room was very small and dark.

Very friendly and helpful staff, quiet room, clean bathroom with good shower. Nice area, good for walking and seeing the touristic places.

Great location near the Gare du Nord but still in a charming...

Walls/door quite thin so noise in the corridor and room next door quite noticeable.

Great location near the Gare du Nord but still in a charming area. Very nice staff. Excellent shower.

Services in the reception desk is good.
    • Family Room

Elevator just reach 4F, and luggage must be carried to 5 and 6F manually. There is no water boiler in the room, and it is a little inconvenient to enjoy a cup of tea.

Services in the reception desk is good.

Good stay for travel.

Lift only to 4th floor, our room was on 6th floor. I have to carry my baggage to our room by stairs. Room quite small but good enough for short stay.

Very good location of the property (near to Gare du Nord Station). Very friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed in the family room with two children aged 7 and 10 on...
    • Family Room

The stair railing of the stairs going from the elevator to the top floor was broken (The lift does not stop at highest level). As the stair is not very wide, it becomes quite "tricky" with suitcases and children.

Stayed in the family room with two children aged 7 and 10 on the top floor. Very nice authentic room, large enough and very nice shower. Close to Gare de l'est and Gare due Nord.

Perfect position to reach basically all the attractions...

The room isn't well sound insulated, therefore you can here people flushing their toilet or the lift

Perfect position to reach basically all the attractions either on foot or with the metro.

Great location for travelers

The shower wasn’t great, it went hot and cold regularly and lost pressure a couple of times too

The location was excellent. Walking distance to the gare du nord and the metro which was perfect

Small room (as usual in Paris), but friendly staff and good...

Small room (as usual in Paris), but friendly staff and good breakfast. 10 minutes walking distance from Gare du Nord. I stayed here before and will return. Don't expect heaven, but it is a fair room for a decent price.

I didn’t expect I still have to move up/down my luggage...

I didn’t expect I still have to move up/down my luggage even the hotel listed They have a lift. It is because the lift only stop at the half of each floor, that mean if ur room is 3/F, u have to move a few steps down even the lift open at 3/F. My luggage was heavy, It was a really hard for me to move it up/down. The hotel have to list this out. And there is no electric kettle provided, which I think is needed for a traveler.

I am pretty sure you can find something better!

The fact that I've booked a room with a prepaid non refundable reservation but upon arrival they asked my cc in order to charge me again and refund the first amount that was preauthorized!I work also in a hotel and I can understand some things!this was far too inconvenient and unacceptable!am I obliged to travel to a foreign country with double money only for accommodation?And the receptionist just said "you 're not the only one" showing us the preautho. from the other guests. the first ammount was freezed and I couldn't use it even after the refund! Also we traveled for our 5th anniversary and asked for a nice room in high floor with city view and no carpet and they gave us a room with carpet on 2nd floor with view to an uncovered area.highlight of the stay was the thick dust on the telephone and the check out time! I am travelling all around the world and check out is 12:00, I called 10:45 to ask if there is a possibility for late c/o and they were fully booked (fair enough) telling me that c/o time is 11:00. I told the reception staff that we didn't knew it and we will be ready in a few minutes and get down soon.they called us 3times after 11:00 to tell us that c/o was 11:00 and also the maid knock the door and shout at us "check out??" We couldn't believe our eyes and ears too! If they had the option to kick us out they would have done it for sure!

The room was very warm and the bathroom was really nice!also the water in the shower was very hot, something extremely comfy as the weather was too cold outside with -6°C. Also since they couldnt give us a late check out they store our luggage!

locaiton and friendly staff.

none.

the location. It is close to the train station of nord. if you came from belgium or nitherland by train , it will be very good choice. Reasonable price.

- brilliant location!

- ONLY ONE POWER SOCKET in our room, which is used for the TV hanging on the wall - the hotel has elevator but you need to take a flight of steps to your room - tiny bathroom

- brilliant location! the hotel is just a few steps to Poissonniere MRT station, and 5 mins walk to Gare du Nord

Room was small but it was very clean.

Room was small but it was very clean. Bathroom was extremely good. Location was very good, everywhere was in a walking distance. I really recommend this hotel especially when you are travelling from Gare du Nord.

Good for a couple of nights

The room was quite small, we didn't have enough space for our luggages.

It is in a great location if you need to use the train to and from the airport.

location - nothing else

double payment!!!! As soon as i booked, payment was charged to my CC. No problem, I thought. But when I arrived, the manager on duty said payment had not been made. I downloaded my statement to show him, but he just yelled at me, saying I had not paid. On my return home, I had to go through the complaints process with my creditcard company to get a refund. Absolutely not acceptable. I am in Paris every month for work and never had such treatment - stay here at your own risk!!!!

location - nothing else

Good stay

I would have liked at least to have a tea pot in the room and there was only one working outlet

It was nice and close to the main train station and to the metro. The room was comfy and clean and the staff were nice.

i d book it again.... just not the 6th floor 😊

i was in 6th floor, my bathroom was new but so tiny that sitting on the toilet and not hitting my legs on the sink was only possible because i m a rather skinny person, i couldnt sit straight also elevator only goes until 4th floor and the steps to the 6ths were small, specially with a suitcase to carry, thats Paris......

as i booked the hotel before, i knew the easy access to gare du nord and being close to public transportation my room was renovated incl. a new bathroom nice and helpfull staff

We have traveled with my friends and we all really like this...

We have traveled with my friends and we all really like this hotel, rooms, meal and location are really good. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Average stay

The reception could have been more friendly and helpful. The lift is outside the building. They agreed to an early check in but was not ready at arrival. The room and hotel had little resemblance to the photos. Won’t stay there again.

Great Location. Poor Room and Management

-Room is small, which is fine, but poorly maintained, bathroom looks like being renovated but the room itself looks shabby. Dirty carpet, broken light bulb with different colours. Safe is broken and instead of fix it, the hotel simply stuffed with some tissue to keep it shut -No hot water in the midnight (around 1 pm), seriously? -The elevator, which seems to be built separated to the hotel, is utterly difficult to use, no way you can close the door from inside, you have to wait until it shuts (takes half minute)

-Perfect location, several minutes' walk to North Station and 1 minute walk to underground line 7

Staff were lovely and friendly.

Staff were lovely and friendly. Room was fine, fairly quiet and on the ground floor. The room was a little crowded, there was a single bed as well as the normal double, which we presumed was not always in there. The room was generally clean.

Excellent stat

A bit noisy as soon as they started serving breakfast

Excellent customer service, all staff at reception were very helpful and friendly! Clean room, great location and great value for money

Good value for the money, comfortable bed and silent room

The bathroom has a sliding door and you can't actually close it because there is a 2-3 fingers space between the door and wall. This is really an unpleasant thing, as you don't have the privacy you'd like to have when you are in the toilet. The position of some power sockets is not good. Some are behind the bed and some are under the table.

Hotel is in 5-10 min walking distance to North Station, so directly accessible from CDG and Orly airports. In addition, Poissonniere metro station is in 2 min walking distance, so any kind of subway connection from the hotel can be made easily. Staff is friendly and helpful. No noise from outside in the room and bed is very comfortable. Stairs are narrow -like in any other building in France- but there is an elevator, so big suitcases are not a problem. We booked one double and one triple room, and we were worried about insufficient number of power sockets based on the comments on booking but there were 2 power sockets in the double room and 3 in the triple room, so it wasn't problem for us.

Good for a very short stay

The room is very, very small. It's ok for a night or two, but not more. Also, because the room is so small, the bathroom had a sliding door which was not closing properly, leaving quite a gap and not isolating any sounds or smells from the bathroom.

The hotel is situated at 8 minutes walking distance from Gare du Nord, which is very convenient. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The reception staff was nice and the breakfast was decent.

it sucked.

they took our brand new watch that was in it’s own box and threw it in the trash then made us go dumpster diving just to get it back. plus they complained when my mother got her menstrual blood onto the bed, then they threatened to make us pay for that. the room was so much smaller than the pictures. the lift? TINY.

the bed was comfy

Shabby Hotel, but an amazing Staff!

The lift is placed in middle of the floors, so you have to struggle with your luggage at least half a floor carrying it on an very tiny staircase. The room in general felt too claustrophobic and slightly shabby. No bellboys to help you with your luggage. And since you have to use the staircase( as described above), it really gets difficult.

The staff were very friendly, particularly Ms Rhama ; while I waited for the room to be prepared for me to check in, she helped me chalk my tour around Paris and how I could do more for a lesser cost. The location was fairly decent as well, with close proximity to several restaurants and gare du nord. Despite a small shabby room, the bathroom was fairly good with basic amenities available.

Good value for money considering its Paris and the hotel is...

WiFi could have been better, both connection and coverage. No coffee or tea facilities in the room. Room lighting could be better.

Good value for money considering its Paris and the hotel is close to Gare du Nord. Fair sized rooms but most look somewhat dated. Bathrooms are nice and newer. Friendly staff.

Paris, what's not to like?

Nothiing, it was fine at the price. Would recommend.

Fairly simple and clean hotel in a good position. Staff were helpful, although I speak French so haven't tested their English!

Hotel near Gare du Nord

The view for the backyard facing rooms is rather depressing. I booked a single room and everybody knows Parisian single hotel rooms come small but the bathroom is just TOO small. The toilet is cramped next to the sink and it is absolutely impossible for a normal adult to make any movement. For a price of 100 EUR I think this is unacceptable.

The main advantage of the hotel is the location near Gare du Nord (and not the Opera as the hotel name incorrectly seems to imply). The room I was in had been redecorated which was nice.

A short walk from Gare Du Nord if you are travelling from UK.

A short walk from Gare Du Nord if you are travelling from UK. Nice room, not so small. Bathroom small but brand new, powerful shower with no limited hot water. The breakfast must be paid in the hotel, but in Paris you must go to have breakfast at any "Boulangerie" and enjoy a warm croissant and a hot chocolate for 3euros (take away) and be ready to explote the city. Friendly staff, they allowed me to leave my luggage there both on arrival and until my train leaved. One lady speaks Spanish but anyway all of them will be pleased to help you. I highly recommend the Hotel. Perfect location to walk to the famous places if you like to walk.

I would chose this hotel again when taking the train to Paris

I got charged 2 x the local taxes but I m a single traveler, I mentioned it, I had to wait until next morning to make the hotel change it.... yet, It got charged, so I wait for getting the difference back - for the inconvenience they directly offered me a breakfast for free!!

renovated room and bathroom, easy to get from there to metro station, nice staff! the room door was old though and a bit out of "shape" so you had to pull the door a bit harder to close it......

Simple clean hotel in excellent location

As always in French hotels, missing a light bulb.

Quiet and well maintained hotel, well placed for Gare du Nord and Metro. Staff were very pleasant. Room very clean, en-suite clean-ish.

I recognise that Paris is expensive but it does feel that you are paying a LOT of money for a room.

Bathroom was minature, the toilet was practically under the sink. The carpet was stained. You could hear people talking in the room next door.

Good comfortable bed

I would NEVER stay here again.

The fact that I thought I'd prepaid but on arrival was told it was only held! Thus we paid on arrival which was frustrating and an inconvenience! The room was tiny! There was nothing but a bed and bathroom. No fridge to keep a few things, no kettle to make a coffee or tea if you wanted to AND the Wi-Fi connection was absolutely terrible and ridiculous! The breakfast was overpriced for what they provided! I would never stay there again and would not advise my friends to either.

Reasonable hote lfor the price near the Garedu Nord

There was not an abundance of plug sockets in the room. Room on small size but to be expected for Paris hotels. A bit of a walk to Gare du Nord

Breakfast was included in price for one person. Reasonable breakfast but only cold food.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

I really enjoyed and if I visit Paris again, I will stay in this hostel

The room is narrow but it's not bad.

The location is just perfect; just 1 minutes walk to the metro station and like 10 mins or less walk to the train station. Also there is a bakery besides the hostel and it serves a delicious bakeries

No lict to the top floor, the family room
    • Family Room

I get the room at the 6th floor I guess and they just have the lift up to 5th floor. So I need to bring the luggage upstairs manually. Fyi, we are going as a family and taking the family room. The stairs are so narrow and we found difficulties taking the luggage upstairs.

Quite close to the train station. Though not the best choice

Good hotel to explore Paris

Our room was a bit small and additionally packed with a big wardrobe.

Nice and perfectly located hotel. Staff is nice and always ready to help. The breakfast is quite good with coffee, fresh juice, bread, cereals... all you need to start into the day. The metro with connections into the city is just a footstep away. Lots of bars and restaurants around.

Perfect central hotel with a good price

-The shower was cold on the last night. -Just one outlet for the whole room. Same as the one for the TV. Fortunately a staff member provided us with an extension cord.

-Location was excellent. 5 minute walk from Gare du Nord. -Very clean rooms and nicely decorated. -The staff was really friendly. -Good price for a hotel in the heart of Paris.

Worst hotel experience

I had truly worst hotel experience in my life. Starting from check-in I was upset by broken shower: water escapes from cabin and you should clear the floor in the whole room every time you have a shower; according to other reviews on Booking.com this is a known problem. Staff wasn't kind, they didn't offer a solution for any problem we had. Moreover we couldn't sleep starting from 7am because of loud noise and other people outside our room. I don't even talk about absence of fresh air and light inside my room. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for comfortable place and don't wanna wash floor in the bathroom.

Your hotel experience can be really awful, so you're extremely motivated to travel around Paris during all day from early morning till late night because you don't wanna be in there. To be honest location is really good, hotel is in 3 minutes from metro station.

Cute hotel we recommend

There was only. One accessible plug socket which could have been an issue had we not bought an extension lead. Room was a good size for 2 people but would have been too small for the original 3 people we booked for. Room was very hot cojld have done 2ith inatalled aircon as was difficult to find somewhere to put the fan and plug in.

Comfy beds. Well kept and clean hotel. Brilliant location to get around Paris. Lovely staff.

Location is just few minutes walk from the train station.

Rooms are so small (like most of the hotels in the center) There is no A/C in the room so you need to open the window and this time it's so noisy because of the bars in the street. Dont stay at the 6th floor. It's the roof top and smaller than the other rooms. Also difficult to stay inside for clostrophobic people. Better stay in the lower floors.

Location is just few minutes walk from the train station. Also metro stations are close. There are some bars&restorants around. Breakfast is better than i expect. Staff is kind and helpfull. They changed my room without any problem.

Try for something better

The size, like a shoebox. A pregnant women would have trouble getting to sit on the toilet. And noisy. I could hear a man next door having a coughing and sneezing fit. The toilet dripped noisily just behind the bed. I could hear everyone coming up the stairs/lift. The room would rumble often presumably from the Metro (and I was on the third floor!) Don't know why the hotel was rated 3 stars.

The room was clean

Good value for money

The district has poor restaurants and the metro line is not particularly ideal for getting to major places in Paris

Comfortable bed in a good sized room fore central Paris. Good shower. Adequate breakfast. Very convenient for Eurostar station.

Good hotel for an overnight stop

Bathroom a bit on the small side although shower was quite a good size. Would have preferred a proper door to a sliding door. Not quite enough plug outlets but did find one behind the bed.

Not too far from Gard du Nord but had to take a taxi because of the rain and heavy suitcase. Very nice continental breakfast perfectly adequate to start the day. Really comfortable bed and good size room for one person plenty of room for both me and my suitcase. Good fan which was actually better than an ac unit.

Located in close to Opera.

No air conditioning in room. I ask for the taxi to reception to airport. Taxi driver charge me 4 euro extra for hotel commision. Maybe it is a little but strange for me.

Located in close to Opera. Cozy place to stay. Clean and tidy.

Not what it says, train station miles away, and no air con its really hot in hotel

No aircon, really hot in hotel, we needed to call staff member at 3am to open toilet door in our room as it wasn't working. Please be aware we asked for shutter to airport and was told it is 36€ but on day when they arrived we was taken €57 as it was just taxi . I would recommend also to get uber there instead of taxi it's really expensive. I wouldn't recommend to stay in hotel if it will be hot over cooler weather yes, but definetly not in hot weather . And it says it's by train station no way it was so far we needed to get taxi

It's was clean

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Good for an overnight stay

The lifts are on half landings so you have to go up or down a few narrow stairs to get to your room. However, we noticed some accessible rooms on the ground floor.

Small room without AC, just a fan on top of the wardrobe on an exceptionally hot night. But we slept well because both bed and shower were excellent. Breakfast (cold food only) was good VFM at EUR 10. Friendly, helpful staff. Not the height of comfort, but good at the price.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Great location - close to metros, train station, and easy...

Room was a bit small and elevator is a bit funny, but everything is functional.

Great location - close to metros, train station, and easy walking to the city center. Didn't experience as much noise as other reviewers noted. Our room had a bath - great for soaking after lots of walking

Good location but noisy room

We got a room downstairs which was next to elevator and the kitchen. Meaning it was loud in the evening and in the morning when people were coming back and preparing breakfast

The hotel had a relatively spacious room and close to the train station and metro

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Great location and a fine hotel for a visit to Paris

It was very hard to use the shower without spraying water around both the bathroom and the bedroom. The hotel is feels very compact.

Nice clean hotel with a comfy bed. We had a discount for about half price which meant that it was good value for money. The hotel is in a great location with lots going on near by and easy walking distance from Gare Du Nord.

Browse Hotel Chabrol Opera traveller photo gallery