Reviews of Chambiges Elysées 4 stars

8, rue Chambiges, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#157 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The location was excellent for us. In the heart of Paris, close to the wonderful Theatre des Champs Elysees for music, but so tranquil and welcoming in a beautiful location.

A little more range of drinks available in the bar would have been nice (e.g.cocktails) and would have encouraged us to have a pre-dinner drink there more often.

The hotel was perfectly situated for the highlights of Paris yet so peaceful. The reception staff were extremely helpful; nothing was too much trouble. The room was beautifully appointed. The room service was excellent. The breakfast included a variety of fruit, cooked meats and cheeses, yogurt and pastries all of which were good quality. The breakfast staff were very attentive.

The breakfast was poor and the lift was very small..

It was like a doll house! Comfortable and classy! Romantic with orient details! The staff was very friendly! 😊

The computer for guests did not work nor did the printer/scanner which many guests need these days. Small Evian bottle water = 5 Euros + VAT!! Egg is often a part of breakfast. There was only hard type of egg. Often guests had to wait to be seated for breakfast as it was a small breakfast room with not sufficient tables.

Your question: did the property meet my expectation - my response is "Yes and No". What did I like? The interior design of the rooms and public facilities exceeded my expectation. Very beautiful interior decoration. Extremely nice. Very comfortable bedroom.

The bed is small and pillows were uncomfortable and at many times the AC wasn’t working as it should be. They don’t serve complimentary water ! Not going back.

The location is amazing. Very near to Champs elysees and to Eiffel tower.

• Suite

The services are a bit limited. Parking close by (but good deal)

The room was amazing, large, clean, well furbished, with nice views. Location could not be betteer.

• Suite

It would have been nice if they had shuttles to several main monuments Towels were smelling a bid stinky.

Interior design and the location of the hotel is very nice

Old rooms with curtains on the wall. Weak soundproof windows. Poor breakfast. Actually hotel is too expensive for it's quality. During check-in they asked us to leave a deposit for a minibar. I've got only USD with me, credit cards and time was near midnight (I don't like to leave deposit by credit card to avoid any problems with returnings). I've asked to take at that time 500 USD and tomorrow morning I can change them to requested 50 EUR (don't remember exact amount) - but refused. It was so serios as the reception was ready to say me au revoir ... Very strange. Finally I gave a credit card.

Bed is ok.

The hotel did not return to me until today the blocked 230 euros on my credit card, I am very upset, we did not use the Minibar.

the food was delicious, good service

On news years eve we werent told there would be no room service after 5. Maybe we should have known because of the holiday

Very cozy staff more than willing to help with any request

The wall paper in one room 504 was a little twee. There was a bit of a plumbing issue in 506 but it was dealt with promptly.

All of it. The suite 506 was great and most standard rooms are great. Breakfast were divine

Absolutely nothing!

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special! The staff had thought of everything , right down to maps of the city and walking directions and the best routes and times to all the local attractions. I didn’t have to adk for a single thing the entire stay as they had covered it all at our checki in. The breakfast was fresh and delicious with lots of variety. The room was spacious and extremely comfortable. As for the location... it was on a quiet street but justmoments away from spectacular views and the major attractions. I would recommend his hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the heart of Paris.

I do not have any negative comment to mention. I would suggest if a light renovation is undertaken in respect of the wood in the rooms. Also, the breakfast room should be more spacious.

The location is excellent; the hotel has been recommended by close friends and we do not regret the selection of Chambiges which will be our regular hotel in Paris.

• Suite

I had some unpleasant email exchange with the staff as in the hotel policy it says 'All children are welcome. All further children or adults are charged eur 50 per night for extra bed.' I told hotel that I don't need an extra bed as our 2 year old sleeps with us since he was born, but the hotel insisted to charge me 50 euro per night, I called booking.com, the staff from booking agreed with me, and said that if that's the case they should be clear on the policy saying 'there is a flat fee 50 euro for adding extra person in the room'. However, booking.com said the hotel has the final say. I just feel the policy is misleading and makes me feel unwelcoming. My child and my husband stayed two nights, and after they leave, the staff asked me if they have gone - I understand but I think better if they just quietly observe if they have gone or not - otherwise it could make guests feel unwelcoming again. My advice for the hotel is to change the policy so it won't have this kind of dispute again. Also, the kettle in the room wasn't clean - lots of dust in the handle corner once you open it - I washed it but still hesitated if I can use it. Sorry for being fussy!

The location is perfect - I like surrounds. It's convenient too. Staff was very nice and polite on site. Room is bigger than we thought. To be very fair, if you don't have a child, it's perfect for you to stay.

difficult to say

Room upgrade. Beautiful room and bathroom. Elegant and cozy hotel. Just off the Avenue Montaigne, but very quiet. Very good breakfast buffet included. Staff discreet and courteous, nothing was too much trouble.

• Deluxe Double Room

The Breakfast room was quite small and the choices for Breakfast were quite limited.

The staff was very friendly. The room was very large for Parisian standards, very lovely decorated, with a large, comfy bed.

• Deluxe Double Room

We really Yanni, who worked the desk in the evening. He was extremely helpful to us, getting us extra hangers, pillows, towels, etc. He seemed to be doing everything, and helped printing our Dior exhibit passes, etc. The breakfast room was charming & we enjoyed the food choices. Our room was also charming & clean....quiet, quite spacious, & restful. We would go again, & I have already posted my photos on Facebook, & friends have requested it's name & information!

• Suite

Very nicely decorated hotel . The room was spacious despite having 4 people in it and very nicely appointed. The breakfast was plentiful and good, the staff accommodating,and the area was quiet but accessible to many restaurants as well as major sites.

Breakfast was okay for a free continental breakfast, coffee good however very cramped area to eat in.

The cosy nature of the bedroom, very quirky and comfy. Lovely rooms downstairs to sit and read quietly in.

Not initially allocated rooms next to the children's room - in fact all the way across the hall so we had to split up. Was sorted the next day but needed to push for it.

• Deluxe Double Room

The only small criticism would be the size of the breakfast area - if all guests descended on this area at the same time then it would not cope! But unlikely, and a small trade-off for its location and style.

This hotel is tucked away just off the Champs Elysees and in a nice area, 5 mins walk from the Metro Alma Marceau or Franklin D Roosevelt - Alma is nearer. Its a small boutique hotel but with everything you need for a very comfortable stay. Charming reception staff who could not do enough for us and recommended an excellent restaurant which was only 200 metres away. Despite a small breakfast area, the choice was good and freshly prepared. Easy walking into the centre of Paris along the Seine or the Champs Elysees plus options for Batobus or Metro stations to assist. We upgraded to the Deluxe room and this was beautifully decorated in classic french decor with a sofa seating area and balcony. A wonderful time in a beautiful place.

• Suite

AC in one of the rooms not working very well but was just cool enough. AC in the other room worked very well.

Family of 4 so staying in the apartment was excellent. Very roomy. Very clean. Excellent daily housekeeping. Alicia at the breakfast service was excellent -- fresh food, good coffee, big smile. Front desk very helpful with recommendations and dinner reservations. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Beautiful, lovely hotel . Great location. The staff is very friendly, welcoming, efficient and accommodating, even to some of our unique requests. We recommend this lovely hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Suite

I didn't appreciate how they trick us into getting the attic of the hotel. I booked a suite and they give me the worst one. I should have been more selective and never approve on getting that room. We have to bend because letterly we were at the attic !! And when it was raining we hear the rain like we were sleeping in a tin can. The bed was so in comfortable. And the breakfast buffet need to be better. The coffee for example is tasteless. The front desk were very helpful during our stay. But when I ask about the sports channel I expect an answer other "than I'm alone at the desk I can't help you with anything."

I loved the location of the hotel. It was perfect for me especially when traveling with my kids. The supermarket next to the hotel was a plus. Also how clean and quiet the street of the hotel was.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast area was rather small and cramped. The water in the shower was only lukewarm at 7 pm when one wanted to shower before going out in the evening. The Internet connection was very slow.

The characterful and well equipped room was very comfortable, with a small seating area by the windows, which opened on to a small balcony overlooking the street. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly the cheerful 'breakfast lady'.

Wonderful friendly and helpful staff Good breakfast choice - I especially liked the way the breakfast seating area was set up - very cozy Lovely tranquil bedroom and lounge area great location with nice local restaurants - I was a solo traveller and found that I had no problem as I was made to feel most welcome everywhere I visited.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

For me this charming hotel was perfect. Just around the corner from the Theatre des Champs-Elysees, and conveniently located near the Metro and Bus service. I would certainly book here again. For a wonderful dining experience try Mollard, a beautiful Art Nouveau Restaurant specialising in French seafood, but serving other dishes as well. Lovey food and elegant service - almost a step back in time. Located at 115, rue Saint-Lazare. Loved it!!!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

We should give them the key Whenever we leave the hotel ,but I do not know why.but it is not A big deal . And Overall the hotel is really great

The room was cozy and the staff are nice ,we should catch the early plane and they prepare the breakfast earlier than the normal time for us.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Plug in bath faulty so could not take a bath. Towels a bit grey. Electric lights came on after stepped out of room or lift. Nobody closed the curtains at night. Only 1 staff at reception at any time: I had to wait for check-in. Not their fault but husband banging on his wife's bedroom door and shouting loudly and aggressively woke me up. I felt if there was cctv, this could have been addressed without me having to call reception.

The decor was very fine. Cloth on walls and matching curtains. The reception staff were helpful. Top Location.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

While the hotel is in a classy neighborhood and on a very quiet street, it's not on a metro station. Staying there in the winter made it not fun to walk back and from the metro station (8 minute walk). We ended up taking taxis from around the corner (there are plenty in front of Hotel Plaza Athenee).

Beautiful decor, just like in the pictures. Very cozy. Spacious rooms. Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The prices of the drinks etc. in the mini bar and the hotel bar are excessive, but so is everything in Paris!

The hotel is small and charming, which is exactly what we were looking for. It's in a good location in a quiet street off rue Montaigne. We stayed in a deluxe room and had all we needed. We would definitely return.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

The location is really good ,and staff are really helpful! We take the long flight arrive in the morning she processed an early check in for us !And the day we leave the hotel to airport ,we left phone in the taxi,the reception staff helped us to contact the taxi driver and send the phone to the airport !

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

The breakfast was the same thing everyday.

The location was very convenient and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Also the room was very clean. Breakfast was also good.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

We stayed only two nights in Paris. However, we all enjoyed our stay thanks to the staffs in the hotel. Their hospitality was amazing and we would love to go back there again. In addition to that, regarding the room, I think the size was bigger than other hotels in Paris. The location was perfect as well. You can access to Effiel Tower easily and do shopping in Champs-Élysées!! If you want to stay somewhere convenient but not too busy location, this hotel is the best one for you!!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing, we were very pleased with our stay. This was our second visit and will book again in 2017

Excellent room with all facilities - large very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Poor breakfast

Perfect location in the centre of Paris. Shops, restaurants and cafes nearby! Room was clean and tidy, staff decent! All in all location of this hotel is its best assett

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Why don't all hotel staff ask if you have emptied the safe and not just the mini-bar as a necessary question at checkout. We almost forgot to check ours...

very nice breakfast if breakfast area is a little cramped. Great location. Very comfy bed and pin drop quiet room.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Only slight problem in a converted town house is that the breakfast room is small and a little cramped when busy. Chairs a bit too large for the space and buffet is hard to access if other guests already there.

Upgraded to Deluxe room. Quiet and spacious. Staff kind, helpful and remembered me from my last visit when I injured my leg, when they were very helpful. Elegant and stylish setting.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

We loved our romantic stay at the Chambiges Elysées. We were placed in a large room on the main level which was the most comfortable and nice room that I have ever stayed in in Paris (over 15+ trips). Location is perfect - moments to 2 different metro line and several bus lines, moments to the Seine and Eiffel Tower and Champs Élysées, friendly staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom offered little privacy. Beautiful facility but with open area of shower/tub and no curtain, it made sharing the lavatory while someone was bathing impossible. There was a separate WC area - that helped a great deal. We quickly adapted and made it work out well. Upon checkout, the desk staff had copy of my credit card and told me that when the last of our group of 3 left, she could handle the check-out (2 of us were leaving early); however, I was later told by the last member of our group that she had to put the charge on her card. That could have been a major disaster had the last member of group not been able to handle the fee on her card.

Such friendly staff! I emailed prior to arrival to ask a few questions and was promptly answered with courteous care each time I made contact. They also arranged for our airport transfer. What a life-saver! Room was clean and freshened daily. What a joy to return from an adventure late in the day to find a neat room and fresh linens in bath. We were always greeted with a friendly smile and kind word regardless of the time of day. Location is ideal! Just a block or two from Champs Elysees and other areas of interest, we were able to walk to most attractions.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Small boutique hotel tucked on a quiet street near the four seasons and plaza athenee. Unpretentious, pleasant staff, comfortable room and breakfast included. Good deal. French and foreign guests.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

- Sometimes Wi-fi doesn't work, but in one hour it will be fine. - Some breakfast menu is provided at a cost (Egg menu)

- Beautiful & elegant interior (Just enjoy traditional Paris atmosphere) - Nice location You can get to Champs Elysees, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe by walk. Metro station is also close. - Kind Staff - Shower gown, indoor shoes included

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Closeness to heart of Paris. Loads of restaurants and bars nearby

Comfortable hotel within the heart of Paris. Staff are very professional and helpful. Bedroom was descent, clean and has all the amenities.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The internet was bad, always disconnected and it was overpriced.

Its location is great, the stuff was helpful and overall I recommend this hotel for all.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Suite

Fantastic area, quiet and clean walking distance to Eifel tower and cafes/restaurants. Hotel provided great breakfast. Would highly recommend to stay here, very french indeed.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Suite

The breakfast included is very limited in option and need improvement

The location was great near the Champs, the staff were very helpful, the suite we got was great space enough for the four of us, the room was sat up the way I requested. Small but nice lobby, few minutes walk from the Champs but quite area

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

There isn't much to complain about. The only thing we had difficulty with was actually finding the hotel initially and that was because the cab driver didn't know where he was going!

Great staff and a great location! Would highly recommend, we really enjoyed our stay in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

There was nothing that we did not like and given the chance we would come back again.

Breakfast was just superb with plenty of chioces. The room was perfect and so comfortable. And a big thank you to the staff who were extremely helpful at all times.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

There was not a thing I could even slightly complain about

Probably one of my favorite hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff were incredibly helpful. The Parisian decor was stunning but it was just the general overall charm and feeling the place had that we loved so much. The location is brilliant for everything...... Metro, food, shopping, and heaps more 😘

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

This staff went out of their way to help us. Well located in a nice area , convenient to sights & there was a nice ambience about the place.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The breakfast was not so great as i like hot coffee and hot breakfasts.

The helpful staff were lovely. We had two greatnights woth their tips on restaurants.The room was small but gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Suite

Room was a bit dark and I didn't like having to step into and out of the bath to use the shower as bath was deep and I felt it was unsafe.

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Great location. Breakfast was more than adequate with a good selection. The bed was the best I have ever slept in and wanted to take the mattress home with me!

• Suite

Absolutely everything! From staff who were so helpful and made great suggestions, to the lovely hotel, BUT location, location, location!

Great location , the staff were all friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and tastefully decorated.

good 4* hotel with perfect location

The location is great

The staff was helpful and the hotel location is good

Nothing much.Really nice stay

Staff

People were very nice. When we arrived we got An upgrade. The ambiance and location are perfect. The staf is very helpfull.

• Suite

The bed was really really comfy and the breakfasts were great!

The staff were amazing. Location was excellent.

• Deluxe Double Room

there is no room service in the hotel

Location, room , nice atmosphere

• Suite

Breakfast was great, location, cleanliness.

Water money

Everything was great.

The location was excellent!! Quaint hotel where the staff knew my name when I walked in.

The rooms are comfortable and nice. You can order breakfast (without extra charge) to your room.

The location is fantastic - its the third time we have stayed there and they make our break very comfortable

Two sandwiches cost forty euro not made at hotel had to wait one hour to come.

Breakfast fresh and tasty. Bed really comfy

Amazing Stay, lovely boutique hotel! Perfect location and staff were really lovely and helpful! I'll be back!

The motel was in easy walking distance to a couple of the metro lines. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Not much

Close to great restaurants

• Deluxe Double Room

The Atmosphere, the surrounding area, nice, big room

The entire stay was great

The decor was old fancy french

Nice and Cousy hotel, excellent breakfast and great location

Browse Chambiges Elysées traveller photo gallery