Reviews of Chatillon Paris Montparnasse 3 stars

11 Square De Chatillon, 14th arr., 75014 Paris, France

#588 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Staff was a little helpless but kind Noisy people in the adjacent room: yet that’s their fault, not the hotel’s ;)

Very nice rooms and brand new bathrooms Quiet neighborhood, nice squarewitg lots of art deco buildings Close to tram and not far from metro

Maybe the breakfast was a bit expensive for what u get. If was a bit cheaper maybe we would have had more.

Would be nice to have a kettle and tea and coffee in the standard room

the breakfast was a total disappointment. we paid £12 for bread, butter and coffee. to expensive for what you get.

The receptionist was very kind waiting for us to arrive after midnight.

The water temperature in the shower was erratic, there were occasional bursts of boiling water that were frankly dangerous. There was also a loud fight in the room above ours that caused us and other guests in the hotel to wake up in the middle of the night.

Beds were comfortable, location was very convenient.

There was a musty smell in the room that would not go away. It got on all our clothes. The shower leaked all over the bathroom floor, I told the staff but it was never resolved during my stay.

The hotel was on a quiet street, and it was close to a metro. The windows we a great source of airflow!

There’s nothing I didn’t like. My stay at this hotel was just very pleasant.

I didn’t stay for breakfast but I saw how pretty and airy the breakfast room was. The reception area is very welcoming too.

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Rooms were small for stay of 3. Lift was small and had some difficulty in its working. Towels were kept only for two inspite we being three.

Location was good. Good connectivity to Metro (short distance to Alexia around 500 m) Cleanliness was okay. Japanese, Italian cafe nearby. Indian restaurant at around 600m

I would have given the hotel an excellent review, however our first night we barely slept because apparently the walls are paper thin. The people in the room next door kept us up for hours with talking, laughing and playing music. I thought it was just that they were very loud, but then when I heard them zipper something and it was as though they were right next to me, I realized that the walls really must be paper thin.

The hotel itself is absolutely lovely and the room was very nice and clean. The bathroom was excellent. The staff was also very friendly as well.

Good value for a few nights in Paris. Short walk to the metro station and then you can go to any of the major sites from there. Rooms were clean basic hotel room.

Breakfast is very simple. It was very dark in the room. The room has very good audibility so you hear everything from other rooms - it is not good. There is nor refrigerator in the room. No teapot to prepare hot water.

Very good hotel and nice room. It is good location (not in the center) but very convenient from Metro and nice food street (must have to visit and eat there!). in the room there is the table and nice chair for work.

I liked the hospitality and helpfulness of the staff. They spoke good English. The location was excellent with restaurants, metro stop and supermarket nearby. The area was very quiet, no street noise.

Toilet was a little bit broke and the sink got stuck. I thought you would get more for your EUR 100,- per night to be honest. . We asked for two single beds, but were not available.

Location is perfect just around the corner is the subway

A few loose ends e.g lamp on desk in room didn't work; tea and coffee not reliably replenished and there was a used coffee cup.

Good size room for a mid price hotel in Paris. Friendly staff.

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Room is small. Elevator is even smaller. But does it matter? Absolutely no. Enjoy your stay here.

5 mins walk away grom Alesia and Porte D’orleans metro stations. You can use Orlybus from Orly, jump off at Denfert Rochereau and use metro for 2 stations, there you are! We’ve been accomodated in a 3ppl room, bathroom was spacious. Room was very clean, beds were very comfy. Radiator is working 7/24 in winter so you don’t feel chilly in room. Hairdryer exists. Staff were wonderful and cheerful. Didn’t take breakfast there, so I can’t say anything ‘bout it. Money for value hotel, simple, clean, central.

Bed was a little hard. Wasn't a kettle with tea & coffee facilities in room which would have been good.

Lovely friendly staff who spoke pretty good English which was very helpful. Very clean and great shower. Very nice continental breakfast. Hotel in quiet area near the metro and tram with local shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Very small rooms but maybe I am comparing it to my home-town, that is why they are seemed to be small to me. The lighting in this country is very different from my country's "less illuminate"

I liked this venue because of it's close location to restaurants and quiet zone

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The hotel is situated in a very calm street. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated between 2 metro stations, Alesia and Porte d'orleans, it takes around 5 minutes of walking to get to either stations. next to the hotel is a restaurant called Tokyo. we had dinner there every single day, we loved their Asian food.

First, the location: you can find everything around the property (supermarkets, pharmacies, good restaurants, a bit of shopping, metro stations, streetcars, etc); The hotel itself: feels like (really) in Paris; the windows and the flowers, the charming street where the hotel is locatef (loved it!) The staff: very friendly, with a big smile on their faces most of the time.. ❤️ Tipot - that was in the front desk- (I hope that’s how is spelled) was a sweetheart ❤️❤️ very nice property!

It was a bit humid with air condensation in the windows.

The room was spacious and the mattress very comfortable. It was clean and smell free. The bathroom was good and the shower quite big. It was located along the metro line and all main train stations were looking in 30 min distance.

While booking my card debited for Euro 100.00 and at check out they charge complete amount again 183 euro on card. They did not minus 100 euro advance paid at the time of Booking. And yet 100 euro is not credit till today

One complaint was that we had a bath which was lovely and big! But the shower head over did not stay still so I had to hold it over my head whilst having a shower. We did not have breakfast there so cannot comment on the quality, all I can say that for 12 euros each it was a little steep for what it looked like, which was cereals and pastries. There are plenty of restaurants a few minutes away which are sufficient.

The facilities are just beautiful. A very quiet location but not too far from the town of Montparnasse and very close to the metro line which is around a 5 minute walk away. The staff were very helpful, all spoke very good English and we were able to communicate well.

Could hear almost every word of conversation of the people next door who were luckily our friends as their bed was against our adjoining wall. Could have been very embarrassing!!!!!!

Room functional but comfortable and clean. Breakfast good and staff very friendly and helpful.

The only downside was the lady at check in who forgot to explain the WIFI to me, this was probably due to her command of English but in fairness it was way better than my non existent French.

Everything really ! The price was affordable. The area was perfect for my needs and two metro stations were close by. Staff were pleasant and I would easily stay there again.

We left very early and we were offered complimentary coffee and croissants, which was very gracious. Hotel is small, charming, very quiet and comfortable. Elegant for the price!

Just a small detail of the room decoration - take the angels hanging on the wall.

The first time I booked the hotel, I had to cancel the trip. When we were finally able to travel again, I chose to book it again. I was totally right on my bet! We received a very nice welcome to the hotel, which has a touch of refinement, is very clean, and we were accommodated in a nice room viewing the main entrance street. The neighborhood is quiet but offers options to dine. Though I did not have time enough to ask for gluten free breakfast, they were super attentive to fulfill my need. We had a very pleasant stay, a restful night and a delicious breakfast. It is certainly on my plans to come back to this area and to stay again at the Chatillon.

Very clean and good value for the money. The staff are very friendly and helpful, specially the lady owner of the hotel. The breakfast was excellent. Good location - few minutes to walk to the metro station and easy to get to the central Paris. It was a residential area. I felt very safe walk around late night. If I ever go back to Paris again, I would definitely stay this hotel again.

Staff were very helpful. Rooms were a good size with comfortable beds! Metro station was a few minutes walk along the road, and a supermarket was just around the corner. Would recommend!

There was no iron in the room and also no tv channels in English

I liked the fact it was everything you would expect a hotel in Paris to be like it was very Parisian. It was clean and the staff were very helpful

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Can't really think of anything but if anything maybe more than one loo roll for a room that sleeps three?

Local enough to all the touristy sites whilst still capturing the authentic Parisian day to day vibe!

The night shift reception persin was horrible to say the least So rude and arrogant..made me regret coming to this hotel , his attitude was so bad Oh and thr walls of this hotel rooms are so thin .. i could hear everything my neighbours were doing

Room was spacious

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

No air con or ceiling fan, only an electric plug in fan. But all of Paris seemed to lack these, not geared up for steamy humid summer days...

Lovely tranquil location in 14th arrondissement, helpful staff, good brekky. Easy to get metro or buses to the centre.

Everything was good but downsides were that the room did not have any ACs or fans, and the weather was quite hot at night so we could barely sleep from the heat. We arrived at 3:30 pm and our room was still not ready even though the website specified that it would be by 2:00 pm. We had to wait for another 30 mins for it to be cleaned, which we personally didn't mind that much. Nonetheless, the staff apologised for the inconvenience and were very professional about it. Also, there's no hair dryer so make sure you bring your own! Overall, I would recommend this hotel but only when the weather isn't very hot, unless you don't mind the heat of course.

The staff was extremely friendly and the hotel is quiet, clean and cosy. It is about 5 mins away from Alexia metro station, and you can find many restaurants along the way to enjoy a good meal or a nice cup of coffee outdoors. I recommend booking in advance as the prices vary a lot the longer you wait.

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

I booked family room with two large double beds (Room 1), it was very comfy and the hotel is in a quite Cul De Sac in a very nice area. Five minutes from the Metro (Alesia). A large well stocked Carrefour is very close by .

No fan in the bedroom made for a few very warm nights.

Exceptionally nice staff. They really went the extra mile in accommodating us. Also, amazingly clean! Room is very spacious (for Paris), and it's nestled on a quieter street in a residential neighborhood. Way better, for us, than amongst the hustle and bustle. Price was excellent for what we got. This place is a hidden gem, under-rated!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

WiFi was not working. Rooms are outdated but clean.

Quiet location, we were lucky to find a parking spot right across the hotel. French style breakfast.

The walls were paper thin and even conversation could be heard... no tea or coffee facilities in the rooms

The staff were very friendly..the rooms had decent beds and bedding

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Not much to dislike, really. The lift was small, but that's typical for Paris, so wasn't a problem for us. Really, no other problems!

Location very close to several tram and metro stops, in a quiet, relaxed neighborhood of Montparnasse. Very friendly and helpful staff, lovely hotel design- especially liked the watercolors on the walls and the different themes of each floor, retro-Baroque. Very comfortable room, spacious bathroom, delicious breakfast.

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

We were bullied by one of the front desk attendants. He tried to come into our room, grabbed at my daughter, and we had to call the police.

Nothing special. Pictures aren't really the same as real life.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The third bed was not comfortable at all. Too much noise in our room from stairs, elevator, and other rooms. There waer no glasses. There were electric pot. There were no fridge.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The walls are very thin and clearly not insulated as my husband and I could easily hear the couple next door which obviously meant they could hear us too! Also the maids just walk in without knocking so if you're in a compromising situation, it can be embarrassing for everyone involved! Finally, little things like a "do not disturb/ please clean my room" signs would be beneficial.

We had the honeymoon suite and the bed was phenomenal! Huge and oh so comfy! There were plenty of spare duvets and pillows, the bathroom was exquisite! Stunning and AGAIN very comfy! Location is spot on, great little hotel! Loved it

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The room got a bit hot at night and the noise from the heating system was loud from one of the beds. There was some mould on two walls. I would have loved coffee/ tea making facilities in the room, and a mini fridge would have been useful. I would also have liked an english speaking tv station other than CNN - horrible news!

The staff were lovely, friendly and accommodating, and the hotel was quirky, clean and well situated on a lovely little square. It was really easy and quick to get into central Paris by bus. Good breakfasts too!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

We reserved a 3 person room but when we got there the second bed wasn't installed, it was a bit of a pain. One of the receptionis seem really upset that we wanted to buy a cup of tea. Is not a good place for children.

The location is really good

Breakfast was a bit too expensive for the quality and lack of choice Walls are thin, a bit unpleasant when your neighbour listen to the TV loudly

Very nice staff, they changed our room immediately when we complained about a noisy neighbour Room was well decorated, comfy and clean and the hotel is very well located, 5min walk from Alesia underground station.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

The lift was so small but it wouldn't put me off staying at this hotel again!

Location was spot on for travelling around Paris via metro. Room was fantastic with a really comfy bed! Staff were friendly and made sure my stay was up to standard.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

No tea making in room. Toilet seat very loose. Shower head needed attention.

Breakfast very good value. Shower attended to immediately on mention. Reception (manageress?) very helpful. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The elevator is tiny!

This is a typical Parisian hotel. There is hardly any traffic nearby so it is quiet. The room we got was nicely decorated with a little cherub over the door and colorful ceiling lamps. The hotel people were friendly and helpful. The metro is not really close, but not far either, and in the bigger street nearby are various shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

there was no AC ant it was very hot we have to open the window and the sound coming from the street was very annoying kept us from sleeping, also there is no fridge in the room for some reason, i didn't like the staff only the woman in the morning was so nice, before one day from leaving the hotel every body kept asking me to pay which was very annoying to me.

the location was very good there is a metro station nearby and restaurants, cafes and some clothing chains, very clean.

Change in price per day

Location off Main Street so it was quieter and big windows

Slow wifi.

Very clean. Friendly staff. Close to Metro Alesia.

Everything was easy and will return when possible to this hotel.

The smelly, dusty, dirty carpet in the room needs to go

The nice bed and nice teas in the room

No parking place.

The walls were too thin and you could hear every noise from the neighbours

Cosy and clean facility with very pleasant staff.

British, so would have liked a kettle in the room to make tea!

Lovely little hotel with plenty of character and friendly, helpful staff.

Great spot, fantastic staff, comfortable and well set up. A lift can be used to take bags upstairs, good casual eating options nearby.

The area where it is situated is a bit rough

Very nice staff and clean spacious rooms

rooms were not ready even at 4 pm the place was a bit damp

very friendly price

still cold inside room

Light in the room is a little bit dark.

Friendly staff, good location and comfortable place.

It smelled bad and the staff was very slow

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

It was clean and comfortable and modernly decorated

Clean and good location

The rooms were too small compared to what I paid.

Location was pretty good and all the metro station were nearby

There were no cettles in the rooms as promised on the picture.

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The lights in room are all too weak

The room is very clean. And the bed is comfortable, the staff are all friendly

N/a

Quite

• Double Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Wash basin too small and easily flood.

Breakfast is not a big one, you can hear everything trough the thin walls.

The room is nice and clean.

I liked everything

How the room and the premises look like Friendliness of staff Quiet location very close to subway and Mobtparnasse

Small room

Location and value for money.

Shower water sometimes turns suddenly superhot. No fridge in the room.

Location. Cozy and quiet hotel. Nicely renovated hotel and good staff.

I arrived very early and they provided me a room before check-in time. I really appreciated that.

Exceptional value for money. Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms.

The price of the breakfast.

We had a nice big room with a big bed - particularly large for Paris.

Browse Chatillon Paris Montparnasse traveller photo gallery