Reviews of Hotel Bootcamp by HappyCulture 3 stars

6 rue Auguste Gervais, 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux, France

#6 of 19 hotels in Issy-les-Moulineaux

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Summary, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone especially with infant or children.
    • Standard Room

Everything. 1. Hotel entrance does not have the stroller ramp. Everytime i have to beg for receptions help. 2. Small lift next to hotel entrance does not work. So i always have to lift my baby's stroller by myself and my wife. 3. Breakfast options and the service at breakfast is pathetic. I am a vegetarian and i have booked the hotel by seeing the breakfast photos. But 60% of the items are not there in real. Which i feel like cheating/faking customers. No Fruits. You have to beg for boiled eggs everyday. Beg for croissant everyday. And the croissant doesn't even cook well. I can write a big essay about my dissatisfaction at breakfast. 4. Room is too small for a wife, husband and an infant. It's a couple room not a family room. 5. They are not at all prepared about the customers with infants. Every time they struggle to heat up the milk for my baby. Else suggest the powder milk which is not at all good for infant. 6. The cot has switches at wrong place and hit my head many times. If you decide to stay in this hotel better be prepare to hurt our head many times in a day. 7. Booking.com does not highlight about city tax clearly. I have to pay this in cash at check-in. I would like booking.com take this in advance if possible. 8. Hotel says breakfast is not included on day 1. And i have to start my stay with an argument with the reception. May be booking.com can take care more about passing the information to hotel in clear way.

Only the Baby Bed in the room. And the room cleaning service. My baby make the room a complete mess but the room cleaning service people make it right like fresh. Nothing much to like in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Location and that it had a private parking

The room was’t clean and was smelly like dirty socks. One of the lamps did not have a bulp in. The bathtub had a sharp plastic thing sticking out which cut me.

Location and that it had a private parking

cosy, likeable, friendly, quiet, convenient and worth it
    • Standard Room

There's nothing I would like to complain about or disliked in general.

My stay was very pleasant and as expected if not better. The hotel staff were very friendly and spoke English. The metro is just a few metres away and the hotel room was very comfortable and cosy. I'd like to recommend it for couples or even people travelling together as two. Our room got cleaned every day and it was fairly quiet during the night. I would definitely stay here again!

Hugely over-priced. No more than a budget hotel with basic facilities.
    • Superior Room

A very basic hotel - room was small, breakfast was very basic. Lots of building work going on and much of the hotel looked grubby. Not at all value for money.

Safe area

I like everything.

I loved the location, very close to the train station and easy to go around. It's a nice and clean area, I definitely felt safe to walk around with my daughter. Nice local restaurants around.... loved it.

Very good value. Extremely helpful receptionists
    • Standard Room

Building works were continuing. It will be fine when finished.

Helpful staff, good location near transport and a range of restaurants. Parking very useful.

Rooms where OK, and access to the Metro was very near.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast seemed expensive for what it was.

Rooms where OK, and access to the Metro was very near. It was also near where I had meetings, but I would say a bit out of the way from central Paris, although the Metro is cheap. There are some nice restaurants round the corner.

It's definitely not as nice as it was made out to be on Booking.com. Don't be fooled.
    • Comfort Room

Quality of accommodation and service from certain staff was below par. And there was staff that was also very nice. The hotel was undergoing renovation, and they didn't mention it before on Booking.com. Room carpets were incredibly dirty, even in 'renovated' rooms. Lights were not working in both our rooms. Cleaning staff were very careless - coffee would not be replenished, I had to request them to give some soap etc. The worst was that their 'renovated' elevator stopped working on the 2nd day of our visit and I ended up having to climb 8 floors as the parking was in -2. That was painful with 2 toddlers. Breast was better down the road at Comptoir d'Issy.

Proximity to Mairie D'Issy station

The staff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful,...
    • Superior Room

The staff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful, felt very welcomed. Being right next to the metro stop and two stops away from where we needed to be for work it was ideal. There are a few great restaurants close to the hotel as well. I would heartily recommend this hotel to other people in terms of value for money.

Cozy room and very friendly kind staff
    • Comfort Room

Breakfast has not so much fruits and vegetables.

Very kind and friendly staff. (especially Celia!) Modern and comfortable room. Nice location near station.

Perfect location for my needs. Expensive compared to quality. Needs modernisation.
    • Standard Room

Checkout: I booked this hotel on booking.com using my AMEX. On checkin, my card was checked by the hotel. On checkout, my AMEX card payment was not accepted. The hotel claims the card was rejected and that I should contact AMEX. We tried a second time, again the card was declined. The hotel staff insisted the problem was with my card or card company. I called AMEX who confirmed they did not reject any payment and they could see transactions in real time. I had AMEX on speakerphone so the hotel could know what she was saying. The hotel tried a third time and it suddenly worked. This delayed my office appointment several minutes and caused quite a bit of stress as they refused to acknowledge that the problem could have been caused by their payment device. They were not very friendly. Room: My second stay at this hotel and the same issue in spite of being in a different room. The issue being the bathroom sink drain and the bath drain are blocked so the water takes an hour to drain away. In the shower your feet end up with water up to the ankles. On my last stay I notified the receptionist about this. He told me they would take care of it, but it never was. Interestingly this stay, the same issue. In fact I am now in another hotel, (Accor Group) and the same issue, is this a French hotel feature?

The bed is comfortable. The room size is good. The location is perfect for my needs. One of the staff members is very friendly. There is a bath with Shower head in the bath. They provide iron and ironing board if needed. The AC heating worked.

Great location for me, friendly staff. Quite expensive relative to UK.
    • Standard Room

the sink drain was partially blocked so water would fill the sink instead of draining away. I told the receptionist who took note of it but it was not fixed.

Very Friendly Stuff and always recommend
    • Standard Room

Wi-Fi didn't worked the time when i was there. but i get the device next day which i shared wifi with my devices.

The stuff was amazing thanks for the front desk.

Great location, close to the metro station and crowded...
    • Standard Room

Facility need to get improvement, A/C is not working while Paris is quite hot those days. And the water draining is quite slow.

Great location, close to the metro station and crowded around.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Nice clean hotel, attentive staff, value for money!
    • Standard Room

Nothing really to say it's a 3 star hotel and is good for the price!

Nice hotel for the price, it is in a good location with Metro and bus services close at hand. Happy hour cheese nibbles wine and coffee between 6 & 8 at night. Staff were very helpful and attentive! We went to Paris for the tennis and the bus went from Marie D'Issy to Roland Garros for €2 and took 30 minutes. Decent hotel we would stay there again! There is a nice restaurant on the corner about 100 metres from hotel, good food decent price! We had a great time! Also a market in the square.👍

Good Wifi and Good Value for Money
    • Standard Room

It took a long time to check in, and the man stopped and saw to a french lady half way through checking us in and we were in a rush, This is my only moan

Really liked the Wifi gadget we could take with us. I liked my room 602 because it had a terrace

Fantastic staff, great experience
    • Standard Room

We had to book two rooms for a family of four. Not sure if that was just a lack of availability or they just don't have family rooms

The reception staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. There is a free mobile wifi gadget to take around town with you which was fantastic and free coffee in reception and free wine and cheese every evening

Excellent stay on a budget. Would recommend to anyone!

Nothing :)

The staff were all lovely especially Benjamin & Naim. The free cheese and wine was a bonus. Excellent location, the metro is at the end of the street,really reliable and easy to use. The room was basic but clean and well maintained. Would recommend to anyone.

Comfortable and with friendly helpful staff
    • Superior Room

The room need a little renovation. For example, the sliding closet doors were a bit difficult to open/close because they (or the door frame) were technically worn. The walls between the rooms are very thin, we could hear all conversation at normal speaking level from the room next to ours. Also the card keys became very easily non-functional for some reason. No, we did not have them close to our mobile phones.

Nice and comfortable room. Very friendly and helpful staff. The wine and cheese offered for free between 6 and 8 was a surprise and something we appreciated. A nice start of the evening.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Comfortable & well located
    • Standard Room

The coffee machine in the room was broken.

Very helpful & resective staff. Thanks Elena for warm welcome. Happy hour, serving cheese & fine from 18:00 to 20:00 in lobby everyday.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good

Staff not friendly

It was a fair price accommodation

It was a fair price accommodation

Staff very friendly and great location by my office and train.
    • Superior Room

I found a dirty towel in my bedroom on the floor. The bathroom is a bit old and the tile needs some work as there is mold growing in the joints.

Really liked the natural yogurt for breakfast.
    • Comfort Room

Really liked the natural yogurt for breakfast.

hotel with basic amenities
    • Standard Room

Staff are not that friendly

Very friendly staff
    • Standard Room

Parking is a little difficult inside the building

Great location with onsite parking and very friendly staff

The staff was very nice and friendly.
    • Standard Room

The staff was very nice and friendly.

Adequate accomodation in line with pricing

Very poor Wifi

Decent breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff, fluent in English

Value for money close to Port De Versailles

Little dated no real English TV choices

Staff and location

it was an excellent experience with nothing not to like
    • Standard Room

nothing as far as I could tell

all the staff were extremely helpful and friendly

Staff was very friendly and helpful
    • Standard Room

Size of the room. Breakfast could be better

Staff was very friendly and helpful

Very average hotel, recommend eating breakfast somewhere else
    • Superior Room

Breakfast was complete chaos, no food, crockery, glassware or cutlery. All tables covered in dirty crockery. Elevator broke down

Reception staff

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Watch out for hidden extras
    • Standard Room

I was charged 17 Euros for parking when checking out - no mention was made of this when I arrived! Also, no fridge in the room.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Good value and helpfull friendly staff

small rooms

location, staff

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

It was not that good
    • Standard Room

Internet was bad. Room was pretty cold.

Location was good

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

it is OK, good breakfast

Room was small

Breakfast was very good, bed confortable

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

nice hotel, good location

unprofessional personnel :(

nice hotel, good location

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

My room was very cosy and had a nice view.

Provide slippers and toothpaste. The credit card pre authorisation actually deducted 63 Euros from my credit card. Hopefully you will reverse this transaction.

My room was very cosy and had a nice view. I loved the staff they were kind and helpful. the Hotel is a walking distance from the metro which is cool.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

seconds from the metro, 2 restaurants nearby.

Breakfast good but not so good value for money at euro 16. Matress sheet a bit platicky, hence too hot and not so nice.

seconds from the metro, 2 restaurants nearby. my room was quiet and good size. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Good location, just off a metro station with shops and cafes...

Two main issues I faced in this hotel. The staff were rude as if it will cost them a lot to answer any question or to do any thing. But this is my own experience you may encounter different staff or you find them in a better mood. The second issue was the internet. I need to access the internet for work. The wifi connection was very very poor. When you decide to stay in this hotel, consider that they don't have a Wifi, as simple as that.

Good location, just off a metro station with shops and cafes all around.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

for the money i pay i was happy and for the room size is ok...

when i want to extend my stay the rate change from 64 euro per night for the double room with double bed to 250 euro for the same room and the let us check out and we had to find other hotel

for the money i pay i was happy and for the room size is ok also for the staff is helpful just only the around area of the hotel is about 20 minutes away from the city but still ok with metro

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

atmosphere very pleasant

no bad experience. perhaps lay out for breakfast could be better but if patient and go when not busy no issue at all

atmosphere very pleasant staff very helpful lovely to return to clean and tidy room with fresh towels situation close to metro area round about was lovely and interesting bed very comfy kettle in room

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

Great location for my business trip, big and clean rooms,...

Noisy room (looking at the street and average sound isolation), bad wifi

Great location for my business trip, big and clean rooms, polite personnel, next to metro station

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

All staff were very friendly and helpful especially Charlene...

Position of collection of breakfast food was a bit cramped and a tendency to bump into other guest whilst holding your tray.

All staff were very friendly and helpful especially Charlene the receptionist. This accomodation was value for money. Even though it was at the end of the metro line you were in the middle of Paris within 10 mins.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2015

good location, close to subway station and velib point.

Wifi coverage could be better

good location, close to subway station and velib point. calm area, easy to reach the city center and with all necessary facilities nearby (supermarket, restaurants, patisseries...)

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

The neighborhood is very nice, very close to the central...

The hotel was very low level. The rooms are out in the garden. The bathroom sink was plugged and the room was very small. However, the worse was the very bad value for money ratio (we paid 160 euros without breakfast in a room that was barely worth 70)

The neighborhood is very nice, very close to the central square where there are very lively shops and an outdoor market. Also, right in front of the Mairie D'Issy metro stop of line 12, making it very easy to go around Paris

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

Rooms are nice and clean.

Walls are rather thin but still okay. Only air heating system which is rather loud.

Rooms are nice and clean. Bed is comfy.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Near metro station

Room was small

Near metro station

• Reviewed: 16 November 2015

Room clean

Below par but overpriced (13€) breakfast.

Room clean Decent rate for this zone

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

Comfortable, clean, good value for money, close to the metro...

Comfortable, clean, good value for money, close to the metro, in a nice and calm area of the city

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Room amenities Desk staff Inability to connect with front desk from room - phone not working

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Good coordinate and friendly staff.

Not at all..

Good coordinate and friendly staff.. thank you Mrs. Charlene..

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

good location

room size is quite small

good location

• Reviewed: 25 March 2015

The room was very comfy

I think It was a bit pricy for the location

The room was very comfy Everything was clean and modern Staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 23 February 2015

Lady in reception was, a bit rude and not very helpful, had...

Lady in reception was, a bit rude and not very helpful, had to wait 30min for her to finish talking on the phone and check as in.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2015

Very close to Mairie d'Issy metro-station.

Very close to Mairie d'Issy metro-station. Breakfast was really nice.

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Bootcamp by HappyCulture traveller photo gallery