Reviews of Hotel Cluny Square 3 stars

21 Boulevard Saint Michel, 5th arr., 75005 Paris, France

#432 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Voyage Suite

Cramped space in the room due to the steeply sloped ceiling; renovations going on in the adjacent room were quite noisy (though only during the day). One minor inconvenience was the lack of a lift to get to the reception desk on the first floor - a tightly spiraled staircase was pretty but a bit challenging to manage with our luggage!

We stayed in the "Suite Voyage" - a charming room on the top floor. The furnishings were attractive, the bed comfortable, and the facilities mostly very good (plenty of outlets, including USB; well-appointed bathroom, small refrigerator/minibar). Though the square footage of the room was reasonable, being on the top floor meant that the ceiling was steeply sloped over 75% of the room - despite my short stature (5'2"), I was constantly bumping my head on the "ceiling". Breakfast looked enticing, but pricey; there are many nearby options for coffee and breakfast if you don't mind going out. The staff was very helpful though a bit stiff. The location is excellent, right on the RER B line (direct to CDG) as well as several Metro lines. Overall a good experience, but quite expensive. If I were to stay here again, I would opt for a less expensive room on a lower floor.

It was excellent hotel if I had to find a negative point it will be the size of the room.

The location was amazing and the room was very clean, friendly and helpful staff

It's a bit noisy, being next to a McDonald's, but the hotel's windows are very thick and once closed, most of the street noise is filtered out.

The location is can't be beat, very central - and the breakfast was terrific.

The noise was difficult on the 2nd floor you can here everything, had to use earplugs each night. I’m sure if you stay higher up it wouldn’t have been as bad but this was worst thing about the holiday to be honest so ask to stay higher if you can.

The location was great a few minutes walk from Notre Dame and the bus pick up points for the tours. The decor was also cool not old or modern but just right.

Circular staircase from entrance ground floor to reception on first floor doesn’t have a lift - don’t pack more than you can carry up a narrow circular staircase.

Perfect location in central Paris near a very lively restaurant district. Clean lovely bathroom, nice views from the balconies. Beautiful pieces of furniture inside the room. The hotel rooms in Paris are all pretty small, this one was no exception. 30cm wall to bed on both sides is pretty standard for central Paris.

Room was so small , i dont suggest this otel the people who has baby. There is no enough space in the room. Also hotel entrance is secound floor, there is no lift from ground floor to first floor and hotel person didnt help to move our luggage andy baby staff.

Hotel location was fine . It was closed to almost every place.

I was very happy arriving in my beautiful decorated pink room - with a fantastic bathroom. The room was in 6'th floor and I had a great view to the Eiffel tower over the treetops. It was very clean and the bed was fantastic. I had the continental breakfast ( at extra cost) and the coffee was very good. Perfect - 5 minutes to walk to the river - and it is not far to walk to many of the atractions and metro station is across the street - next door is a also a supermarket and many restaurant. If I go back to Paris I will probably choose this hotel again.

Didn't have the breakfast, but from the looks of it... very basic, and definitely not worth the 13 Euros that they wanted to charge... lots of great options in the surrounding area.

GREAT location very near Notre Dame and lots of shopping and eating options very close. Bike Rental (Velib), Subway, RER train all literally RIGHT next to the hotel... super convenient.

Some of staff at reception not very friendly

Location, nicely renovated rooms. Room with bathtub a must. Corner room series 04 with 2 windows and bathroom with tub and window. Soundproof windows!

The staff of the property very welcome to answer your questions and help with any situations. The room is clean. The bath is amazing. The bed is comfortable. Very good location: the subway station right after the corner of the building, you can find supermarkets, cafe, restaurants, near the property; you can easily and quickly get to the famous sight from the hotel location. Would recommend to stay.

The winding stairs leading up t0 the lobby could have been a problem, but the desk attendant helped cheerily without being asked with our luggage as we arrived.

The hotel's location is amazing- a Monoprix, bookstores, and several quick chain ( but decent and fast) cafés right across the street. ...not to mention Notre Dame, Sorbonne, and Fontaine St Mich just minutes away.

The room is a bit too small.

The hotel is great, located in a quiet neighborhood in the center. There is a metro and bus station in front of the hotel, with quick access to any part of the city. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

The elevator was "talking" all the time and we heard it, because our room was next to it.

Clean, nice and beautiful room. I liked the style of the room. Good location.

You have to leave your room key at the front desk when you go out. That was quite annoying.

Great location, the room was really cute, the bathroom was large, AC in the room and it worked great.

It was really noisy not because of the streets its close to but there was a construction going on next to our room not sure if it was inside the hotel or outside of the building.

The room was pretty small but very clean, comfy.

Small room, no breakfast, I asked for ironing board was down stairs staff didn’t want me to iron down stairs but also didn’t help me to bring it up to my room. So I had to carry that by myself after a long day of work.

The reception staff not always keen to help

The location was excellent, close to metro station, bus stop and the latin neighbour... it makes this hotel a perfect starting point for the main attractions.

The room was a little small, which I guess is quite common for Paris. Also, you have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to the reception (no elevator from the ground floor to the reception and no one there to help with your bags). Once you are at the reception floor there is an elevator, so not an issue anymore... but something to keep in mind if you have big bags, etc.

The bed was comfortable, location was really great and close to the RER B from the airport and the room had nice bright windows.

There was nothing that we didn’t like....all was good!

My sister and I had a wonderful 10 day stay at the Hotel Cluny Square. The hotel is well situated for anyone visiting the heart of Paris with access to the Metro and RER right outside the door. We found the staff to be friendly, helpful and courteous at all times. The room was more than we had expected in that it had a wonderful view and three doors to the balcony! It was clean, well decorated and in good condition with a nice new marble bathroom. As is common in Paris, the rooms are small, but that isn’t an issue for us. We didn’t take advantage of the breakfast, but one is available for anyone who wants it. They also have a shuttle service to CDG airport which was very helpful for our trip back. We would definitely stay here again and tell friends about it.

Down the street from the police station and thin windows... all night long sirens going right by the window made for little sleep. Also the beds were very hard. Harder than any other place we've stayed in Paris. Also every day for 2-3 hours midday the bathroom would develop the smell of hot garbage. We never figured out why. Perhaps we were above the garbage chute?? The shower was standard, but has no door so water gets all over the floor every time you shower. There is no soap dish or stand so you have to put your soaps on the floor and keep bending over. The refrigerator did not work so everything in it was room temperature.

Good location close to everything in Paris and metro stops

I didn’t feel comfortable leaving my luggage since it’s out in the open and it seemed like the staff didn’t care too much about it. Would appreciate some sort of system for some peace of mind.

Such a convenient location! We were very close to the Metro, to a Brioche Doree, souvenir shops right beside and the Notre Dame is just a 15min walk. I'm pretty sure we got our room upgraded because upon check in we were given keys to a Suite (Suite Romance). That was wonderful considering we were on our honeymoon! They had chandeliers, a lot of closet space, marble nesting tables, etc. Our view outside was wonderful - you can see the Eiffel Tower! The room was very clean, beautifully decorated and the washroom was very spacious! The decor really added a nice touch. Very happy with the customer service and this was one of the very few hotels we went to that had a lift!

Pillows hard, bedroom but cramped.Could do with kettle in from. But apart from that fine as a base.

Location. Cleanliness . Decor.ideal for sightseeing. Buses outside hotel everywhere.

The room was very tiny (although we knew to expect that), and the bed was quite hard.

The location was unbeatable and the furnishings were pleasant and comfortable.

Room was a little dark. Wi-Fi was hit and miss Good Wi-Fi in the morning and a little weaker in the evening.

Really great location and good value for the cost.

Breakfast. Too many carbohydrates/breads/cereals. Not enough protein choices. Prefer more egg choices. More cheese choices. Perhaps some sausage choices.

Good coffee. Near good restaurants and bars. Near train station.

nothing to complain!

I unfortunately had a health issue so I had to spend most of my time in the room and the hotel manager and the staff were super kind to me. I really recommend this hotel. The room is confortable and the position is totally the best possibile. I wish I can go back when I am better!!!

Staff was ok. They just provided one thing: room key. There was not so much talking e.g. hello and bye. We had to initiate the talking and any conversation, asking, etc. It was not that much of a problem but the feeling was a bit awkward.

Great location, renovated rooms and very clean. Room was a bit small, but that was not that much of a problem.

Very fine and clean hotel on a perfect location, about 5 minutes walk from Notre Dame. The staff was very friendly. I would higly recommend it. If you can't walk stairs know that to get to the reception you have to take a set of stairs first. On the first floor there is an elevator to the rest of the floors.

+ Rooms are very small, being difficult for 2 persons to cross within the room. + Few amenities.

+ The hotel has an excellent location, with Ile de la Citê at just a short walk from the hotel. + The room beds are very comfortable.

My room was very small. No elevator between street level (ground floor) entrance and 1st floor-reception. Wifi very weak and connection breaking up frequently.

Very close to Metro stations. Many restaurants and shops. Facing a major street but the room (5th floor) was fairly quiet.

Entrance to the front desk on the 1st floor (reception is on the 1st floor) could look better. Could have better aspect I mean. It should at least be painted as it is part of the first impact when you get into the hotel. The image is very important and for sure a little bit of paint on the walls near the stairs would look absolutely better :)

This location was great and our room was lovely with a view to Paris! Great restaurants, bars, bistro, patisserie, boulangerie and metro stations.

Proximity to transport (metro from the airport literally in front of the hotel), many shops,bars and restaurant around, close to everything. Rooms perfect, clean, and nice staff. A very good breakfast.

The rooms seemed smaller than what is shown in the pictures, no kettle for tea also the water which is provided is charged 2.50/- euros for 1 small bottle so keep this in mind, and buy a bigger bottle from the stores in the Lane behind the hotel for 2 euros!! CheckIn is strictly at 2pm so if you come early they will not give u a room but will kindly ask you to keep your luggage in the lobby.

The location is the best part about this hotel, you won't be disappointed with that. The room we got also had a bath tub(nice!!)

Carrying heavy luggage to reception was hard!

This hotel is small but location is perfect. Just no elevator to reception and you have to carry your luggages to reception by yourself. Elevator to your room floor though. Tiny room but big enough bathroom with big windows which can see the street. Stronly recommended to solo travelers! I can come back to this hotel for my next trip in Paris.

Just thought the breakfast is included in my stay.. anyway the breakfast is great.

The ambiance is very good and clean. Im going to use this hotel again next time. And i will recommend it to my friends.

Staff was not friendy at all and very arrogant. Nobody told us anything at the reception - lack of information. They were not helpful. The breakfast was not worth the money we spent and every day the same poor breakfast. The parking was not included as it has been said on booking site. We had to find place to park which cost us a lot of energy, time and especially money! Our room and interior was not good isolated and in general. Our room was too small to find any comfort. We could easily hear every sound in hotel. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Location is great and posibility to open windows

We requested a registration request earlier (13:00), but unfortunately was not ready in the usual time (14:00). So we had to wait there. :( Also the receptionist who was in duty at time of our arrival, was not willing and kind. But all the other things were very useful and friendly. We requested room with a city view. Unfortunatelly, our window was to rush street, full of restaurants and McDonald. So, there were no privacy and curtains had to be always closed. The hotel is quite noisy because of street rush.

Excellent location. Good connection to CDG airport by RER trains.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Reception is at first floor level - could be a problem for someone who finds short flight of stairs difficult.

Continental breakfast and room both fine. The location is excellent. It is within easy reach by metro from the Eurostar arrival station Paris Nord. Two metro stations very close - Cluny Sorbonne and St Michel. Hotel within easy walking reach of Notre Dame, La Sainte Chapelle and the Cluny Medieval Museum. Quick metro journey to the Louvre. Very warm and quiet despite central location!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The service and location was a big plus. Nice atmosphere very hospital. The bathroom was very modern and classic at the same time. The bed was very comfortable for a good sleep. Overall I would visit this hotel again.

I only staid one night and they made a payment pre-authorization for 1 night and they also required that I pay when I did the check-out, so basically I had paid the room twice for a period of time, till my pre-authorization was released into my account.

The room was small but VERY clean and nice. Location is awesome, 5 min walk to Notre-Dame cathedral.

Was woken at approx. 3am some couple screaming and shouting at each other.

Easy access, good location for museums and city centre, close to river. Place was small but clean and tidy.

The room was too tiny. Likewise for the bathroom. Also the building is not very soundproof. You can hear all the noise from the corridor and nearby rooms.If you are planning to sleep till late, this is not a place for you!

The location is excellent! Right in the centre and there are many coffee shops and stores as you walk out of the hotel(no need to take the breakfast option at the hotel- there is a wide choice around the place). That was very convenient for me!

The only minus that it was a bit difficult to find the place as location is incorrectly shown in Googlemaps and also signs in the area are pointing elsewhere.

The foyer was on the 1st floor with a curved staircase to maneuvre heavy cases. Thank goodness the male assistant brought our case up but almost passed out after doing so! He was quite miserable and unpleasant but redeemed himself when providing us with a tray with cups and hot water. He apologised for being upset with me over a mis communication.

We didn’t take the breakfast option. It was quiet and very clean

the room was small & you have to bring your luggage by stairs to the reception desk.

the location is the best point of this hotel. it’s near to almost everywhere. directly next to the exit 1 of RER B subway (direct line from CDG airport). the bed was comfortable & the bathroom was bright & clean.

Breakfast is not good, but you can eat anywhere you like if you don't pay in advance Staff was somewhat unattendable Room is quite small Quite noisy due to an elevator which tells the floor and busy road Need to get to the reception by stairs (with all your luggage)

Great location, close to RER from airport and metro line. Good restaurants in the area. Clean room, fridge and safe, good bathroom.

A weird smell was coming from our bathroom.. There wasn't much space in our room..

The bed was huge and comfy and our room had a nice view. The Metro station was close to our hotel and that made everything easier.

Tiny rooms, tiny beds, but clean. Lots of street noise so take ear plugs. If you want to have a great centralized location, chances are it’ll be noisy. But worth it for the convenience.

The location of this small hotel was fabulous. Close to everything and a subway stop out the door.

This is a mediocre hotel located on a very busy section of Boulevard Saint-Michel. The sidewalk can be very crowded and chaotic. This is not a quaint Paris location. There is a narrow, steep stairway up to the small reception area. The reception staff was disinterested and distant. We tried this hotel to compare to our regular Paris hotel. We will return to our favorite hotel where the staff treat us as human beings with kindness. The breakfast was good and the breakfast staff was helpful, but the breakfast area is cramped and awkward, being right next to the reception desk. The room safe was too small for a camera or a laptop and reception staff declined to store items while we were out seeing Paris.

The hotel is only a block and a half from the St-Michel/Notre-Dame RER B train station (the train that we take from the airport).

i would add a set for the/coffe in each room.

position perfect, for metro and RER. 400m from Notre Dame. within the Latin quartier, to find to eat, drink, ... at every hour.

Room too small. Pictures were misleading. We asked for a room change since ours didn’t have a regular shower and the room was so small we couldn’t even get around the bed! Never accept room 303!! The new room was acceptable. To reach the reception you need to climb one flight of tricky stairs. Staff helped with lugagge, but this feature should be highlighted!!

Location, although very noisy.

We really enjoyed our stay at Hoyel Cluny. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the room and entire hotel was very clean and the location was outstanding.

The shower in bathroom was hand held over the bath only. We would have preferred a shower to stand under.

We had a fantastic stay here. The room was extremely clean and well presented with beds made and fresh towels each day. The hire is in a great location, and has lovely decor, helpful staff and even a stocked mini fridge! We will definitely be back!

Check-in on 1st floor as stated, no elevator service from ground floor, altho staff very nice to carry medium luggage up spiral staircase. Check-in space so small only-one-at-a-time can register or else you fall down the stairs. Everything is tiny, the room has only enough space for carry-on luggage-- we had to leave big luggage on 1st floor.

For a one-night stay to see touristy stuff for my friend's first trip to Paris, the location was good. Excellent noise filter, Saturday night revelers were not a problem at all. Desk was always manned, even if somewhat gruff.

Limited facilities, but I would not particuarly regard as a downside as location is perfect for utilizing as a base to lay your head

Fabulous location. Lovely views from veranda. Very quiet hotel. Room well decorated and very comfortable. Perfect for exploring Paris.

We had to sleep with the windows open ( and the associated traffic noise ) as after the first night the air con dehydrated us so much we woke with headaches. Leaving your room key with the front desk each time you left the un-secure was unnerving, no need to let them know who you were each time either. . . and no in room tea and coffee making facilities was frustrating. One english speaking TV channel?

Way the rooms were decorated was excellent, albeit very very small, styling was outstanding. Location was second to none.

Bed and pillows were very uncomfortable Sirens constantly going off so no sleep even though it was apparently sound proof Tiny room People smoking in rooms

Location was convenient

Man at the front desk was not very welcoming, but female staff were very good.

Rooms were light and well set up. The double windows were lovely with a great view.

Room wasn't the biggest which I was expecting but still could have done with a bit more. Rooms have either bath or shower. Would be nice to have both or be able to specify. Very busy street but fairly good soundproofing. Breakfast was t great and nowhere seems to have warm croissants!

Spotlessly clean throughout. Very pretty decoration. Great location. Blackout curtains meant I slept far too late!

If you wanted to have a shower you had to actually hold the shower head which makes it extremely hard to wash yourself. Was a little noisy at night with traffic and sirens but that seemed normal for Paris.

Location was fantastic for us and right next to the Metro. We had a balcony with a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower. Beautiful room with lovely decor. Plenty of nearby eating choices plus Sephora and H&M too.

RECEPTION NEVER ANSWERED MY REQUEST FOR A SUPLEMENTARY BED FOR AN 8 YEAR OLD GIRL. ALTHOUGH I ASKED A FEW WEEKS IN ADVANCE SO WE GOT AN EXTRA CHARGE OF 40 EUR. FOR THIS FOR JUST ONE NIGHT EVEN BREAKFAST WAS NOT INCLUDED. THERE IS NO ELEVATOR TO THE 1ST FLOR WHERE THERE IS A SMALL ROOM FOR RECEPTION AND BREAKFAST. ONE OF THE RECEPTIONIST HAS THE ABILITY TO MAKE YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE. HE WAS NOT RUDE. BUT HE MADE US FEEL NOT WELCOME. WE FELT SORRY FOR THIS.

• Double Room with Balcony

Loud neighborhood but didn't prevent us from sleeping well.

Clean, comfortable Paris spot. Great location. Get a balcony with a view of the neighborhood sites and the Eiffel Tower (we were on the 5th floor). Nice staff, nice bathroom. Great location to walk around to gardens, shops, Notre Dame, Louvre, etc. AC in room so if it's loud, you can close the balcony doors and sleep well. Mini bar was useful.

A very minor criticism, but the curtains were stained and detracted a little from the overall excellent impression of the room.

Lovely, modern room in a great location and very easily accessible from CDG airport. I thought the bed was very comfortable and just what I needed for a night stop over in Paris.

The bed was a little hard for my liking, and the breakfast was not worth the 13 euros compared to what I was eating 50m away at cafe and for cheaper too. But overall it was a good hotel

rhe hotel is located in a very central location and easy to find

Perfect location, great view, charming hotel, good walking distance to the main attractionsin Paris. It is just lovely to stroll around. It is right next to the train station, very easy to come and go from Charles de Gaule.

We stayed first in the third floor then the sixth floor at the end of our stay. Rooms are a little bit small, with some spaces having poor lighting, especially if you'd like to read at night. Walls a bit thin and you can hear other guests shuffle about upstairs and beside you (upstairs rooms a bit more private and insulated from noise).

Excellent location within stone's throw of Sorbonne and Notre-Dame Cathedral along the Seine. Multilingual receptionists were very accommodating about storing luggage for extra hours, delivering mail to our room, giving tips on getting around Paris. Beds were comfortable and clean, temperature in room was good, bathroom had basic amenities and good water pressure (hot water available) and breakfast was appetizing. Wi-fi connection a bit slow but worked! Neighborhood is quite nice - close to cafes, creperies, restaurants, bookstores and even comics book shops.

there is no elevator from ground to first floor, so heavy suite case was hard to lift up. i asked to get a cup of hot water, front desk man said it will charge. never heard of that kind of thing.

nice clasical and modern design room. we had a top floor room with a nice view. bathroom is upscaled and modern sink and bathtub. must be made by a nice taste of designer. loved it! breakfast is nice welcoming french taste.

There is no elevator from ground level to the front desk. That wasn't an issue for me, but you're carrying heavy luggage you won't be able to get there.

Really perfect location, close to many bar, restaurants and public transportation.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, a little bit small but was enough for me. Location is good, you can go CDG airport with a single train and many famous location is within walking distance

climbing the stairs to get to the reception on first floor, carrying the heavy luggage. Difficult parking even just to drop of luggage. absolutely no parking available in front of the hotel.

very central, pretty view, lovely room: many mirrors, it seemed bigger then it was!

The only problem I see are the stairs in the entrance of the building to the reception, difficult to deal with when you are carrying big / heavy luggage... not a problem though if you are carrying small luggage.

Clean, confortable and great location!

• Double Room with Balcony

Reception staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful. They did not even welcome us at all, did not offer any suggestions or ask about our stay on checking out.

Location was excellent close to metro, Notre dame and lots of restaurants. Room although quite small was very clean with new decor.

The bathroom that gets drowned every time we take a shower. Also it is a very small room, with low space to move when you are in 2 people.

We mainly liked the location - we could go on foot to the most touristic places and there is a metro station right in front of the hotel. The bed was comfortable but small. We didn't take breakfast. It was expensive compared to the options offered nearby.

Small room - but it's Paris, and by Paris standards it's good.

Fantastic location. Friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable bed. Excellent soundproofing, as outside there is lots of traffic noise. There's a small lift from the first floor which is great for luggage, and an alternative if you don't want to use the stairs.

Browse Hotel Cluny Square traveller photo gallery