Reviews of Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe 5 stars

51-57, rue de Courcelles, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#748 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The cocktails in the bar were excellent and the outside...
    • Superior King Room

Service in the room was patchy - although I enjoyed having the facility to make tea and coffee in the room, once there were no cups, and unfinished hotel toiletries were removed without always being replaced. There was also a long queue for check in when we arrived.

The cocktails in the bar were excellent and the outside terrace extremely pleasant. Service in the bar was often rahter slow.

Hotel needs makeover
    • Superior King Room

The rooms are dark and too small , whenever i wanted something from reception desk there was always a queue, the breakfast doesn't meet 5 star / 4 star hotel completely a rip off. Hotel too busy less staff for business is OK but leisure don't not a good idea.

Only location

Our flight was delayed 4 hours, I called the hotel from the airport

Maybe lighting

Rooms were comfortable and well ventilated Comfy beds. Amenities were very much appreciated Room Refrigerator, large bath and 24 hour room service

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Just location
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden View

Bad services , cleaning , old frnitures , make the request late , Taking our suitcase after an hour and a half , Given the conditions and services it has a high price ، The equipment was not full inside the room and after one hour they brought towels and other appliance , And ...

Just location

Rude bar staff
    • Superior Quadruple Room

There was an incredibly rude woman in the bar who served us 2 half full €20 cocktails on the Friday and said “what do you expect this is a 5 star hotel” whilst shrugging her shoulders and walking off. She also didnt offer alternative options to our pregnant friend who asked for a hot chocolate but they had run out. This was far from 5 star service!

The room and facilities

Location cleanliness
    • Superior King Room

Everywhere the service was very long. To check in/out had to wait in a line for at least 15 minutes (!)... same for the breakfast (to enter the breakfast hall) For Parisian standards the rooms are okay but still quite small

Location cleanliness

Bad service and not clean and they did not provide us the...
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Bad service and not clean and they did not provide us the important thing like water in every room .. they let us to pay even for charger or opening the bar even we didn’t eat from the bar it’s so bad

The hotel was clean, helpful staff, location good, but felt very overpriced.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

The room size was average and overpriced. I had a room with two queen beds. One of the conceirge recommended a place to eat & said it was very good, I found it to be average and very overpriced.

The breakfast was amazing, one of the best I have had with a huge selection of everything from bread, cereal, juices, hot & cold breakfast. The location of the hotel was good and the staff were very helpful and attentive.

Very bland hotel.
    • Superior King Room

Dirty carpets looked like they haven’t been vacuumed for weeks. Very average breakfast for €48 per person. Cappuccino €12 ! The hotel has a very corporate feel about it. I did not enjoy my stay there.

The location is good.

Beautiful hotel in the perfect location.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

The room we had booked was dirty (floors unclean and stained bath/bathroom sink) but this was quickly sorted and my family were upgraded to a larger room. This was past midnight and the staff were still impeccable in their customer service and helpful attitude.

Clean room (once we had been moved from a room that wasn't so clean), comfortable beds, abundant toiletries and a beautiful breakfast. Amazing location!

Good price but not worth the compromises.

Dirty and poor house keeping amenties. Staff looks like they really hate working here.

Only saving grace was that it was quite and the bed was comfortable.

Crooks, overcharge for mediocre rooms and take your extra money
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden View

On two occasions now they have charged extra and kept the money, I was forced to pay a deposit up front on the first day which turned out to be the amount for my entire stay. Upon checking out they made me pay again saying the first deposit would be returned to my account but it never was. Crooks taking advantage of English tourists.

Everyone was polite and accommodating.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

I booked weekend away in Paris for my sisters birthday and bought my little sister along. Generally good hotel, we had a few issues, the light in our wardrobe and main light in the room wasn’t working so unable to see clothes inside the wardrobe without a torch light and the room was quite dark. We just put up with it. The room I booked on the top floor wasn’t ready when I arrived at the check in time and as we were only there a couple of days for the bank holiday and tired from our journey opted to have the available room on bottom floor rather than wait which didn’t have a view, which was a shame. We were a robe and slippers short even though we booked for three guests. Generally an ok hotel id class it more a 4* than 5*.

Everyone was polite and accommodating.

Helpful staff
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden View

Rooms are so small( our should have been 35m but looked like max 20 and they are very old and overused. Bathrooms are so poor and very used. Showers are so bad. Not a 5 stars hotel standard. Room service also very poor.

Helpful staff

A good reception desk, and very kind guest relations manager...
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Non renovated rooms, very shabby housekeeping all 4 days of our stay, no drinking water and TERRIBLE concierge and porter service! Johnny, one of the door staff will give you a good shouting if asked to help!

A good reception desk, and very kind guest relations manager, Vandana, who did address problems very kindly.

William guest relations made our stay extra special...
    • Superior King Room

The spa all facilities steam room hot tub and sauna were cold compared what meant to be

William guest relations made our stay extra special champagne and cake . He went above and beyond

It was wonderful!
    • Superior Quadruple Room

The hotel room could be updated a bit. There were cracks in the walls and in the bathroom. Also, the bathtub had old stains which I was unable to scrub away (yes, I tried to scrub it with the bathroom cleaner I purchased).

I appreciated the hotel's attention to details. I've been celebrating my birthday in Paris for the past 4 years and have stayed at this property for the past 3 years. The first year and this year, they upgraded my room and placed a piece of cake with champagne in my room, Thank you!

Simply perfect
    • Superior King Room

We couldn’t fault anything. Our stay was everything we expected and more. The hotel were aware it was a special occasion and when we returned to our room on the first evening we were pleasantly surprised by a note from the guest manager accompanied by complimentary champagne and dessert for us to share.

time for something else
    • Superior Quadruple Room

we had to change rooms again ( second time already when we book there) because of the fridge completely broken and damage in the room breakfast in the basement because of restauration works, I understand the issue, but the facitlities and offer were poor

Overall the location is great and so are the staff.

We only had two small pillows in our room. We called down for more. It took almost 45 minutes to get another pillow. It would be nice to have 4 pillows in the room or at least spares in the closet. There is a very heavy scent in the lobby that is overpowering.

The staff upon check in was very accommodating and friendly. Exceptional service.

Not a 5 star hotel
    • Superior Quadruple Room

This is not even close to a 5 star. The furniture was falling apart, shower head was broken (which I forced them to fix) holes in the curtains, and a tv that had a remote that was on its last leg. A Best Western is better at the fine details than this so called 5 star hotel.

Just the location

This is a 4 start service Hotel with a 5 Star rating. Poor Breakfast service and food quality
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Breakfast is a nightmare. A complete lack of organisation. Hosts are left queuing to be seated for 10 mins and after being seated you must be chasing the waiter for your coffee which , if you are lucky will come another 10 mins later . This process repeated everyday during the3 nights I stayed there.

The location is superb. Just at 10 mins walking from Arc du Triumph. Confort a size of the room were very nice.

Lovely clean comfortable rooms and excellent staff.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Lovely clean comfortable rooms and excellent staff. Carpet was a little worn in some places and a few cracks in the marble here and there but it wasn’t an issue for us but may be for others. Location was peaceful and picturesque.

• Superior Quadruple Room

Rooms were below expectations, our bathroom lock was broken, drainage of sink was blocked, tea facility was not cleaned. It was just ok not great as mentioned in hotel pictures.

Hotel location is not bad from Paris attractions. Check in was great by staff very courteous and helpful. When we arrived greetings were great and welcoming. If you need help staff is amazing and concierge desk will help you out of way.

Good

Counseling office book me a first class ticket by train with out explain me there’s no flight and we did stolen all because we can’t sit beside our bags all

Alll

Nice staff and building!
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Breakfast was a rip off!! Air con not working properly, having a high profile guest, the comfort of others was ignored!!!

Nice staff and building! Good location.

Friendly staff but not quite up to its five star billing
    • Superior King Room

Specifically asked for no champagne in the room as me and my partner don't drink, asked for rose petals instead but didn't receive. I found that was rather insulting and soured my opinion.

Nice comfortable bed and decent shower, staff were also friendly and patient and attended to needs as did room service.

Nice lobby

Everything was worn off, felt like it’s a very old hotel, which is not being maintained. Felt very cheap in the room! Surprising, since two years ago it was still very good.

Nice lobby

• Superior King Room

The maid service could pay more attention to requirements as she removed dirty tea cups and never replaced them , asked for clean cups and she took the tea spoons the next time and never replaced them , other than that it was an enjoyable stay , very friendly

I really like the hotel it was my 3rd stay at this hotel on my 3rd visit to Paris

Excellent hotel with great food.
    • Classic Suite

Room service tray charge of 20 Euro after 11pm. Once you’ve gave service tip and your meal your looking at 100 Euro for a late snack. Mini bar was too costly too touch also.

Food was great and hotel a stunning facility.

Staff very helpful and friendly clean and comfortable...
    • Superior Quadruple Room

A pity that hotel restaurants and bar are so expensive didn’t eat our drink in hotel because I was travelling with my two daughters and was paying ! If it was more reasonably priced would have most definitely hav eaten here !

Staff very helpful and friendly clean and comfortable Location good

Lobby, location and restaurant when available.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Bathroom too small and for 5 starts the bath was very poor. The air conditioning was not able to control (during the evening a bit warm). One the the breakfast was done together with some external event due to lack of space.

Lobby, location and restaurant when available.

Great location,helpful employees
    • Superior Quadruple Room

The only thing might be improved is not selling luxury goods in the lobby,this is a bit “commercial” feeling, it will be great to provide more functional/casual space for guests. The hair dryer is too small,can be changed to big ones.

I already wrote hotel’s survey,but again this hotel is very satisfied with helpful and professional employees.Their concierge and front desks provided great services.This is a safe place with kind people, our room is quiet as well.

Disappointed
    • Superior Quadruple Room

They had a World Wine Meeting on when we stayed. All floors were full of sales reps drinking with hotel rooms used as mini meeting rooms. Hotel needs some maintenance. Not like the photos. Breakfast was like a large canteen with no host. A free for all!

The location and staff

Truly enjoyed our stay.

Did not see a lot of restaurant options within 2-5 minute walk

The concierge recommended Le Valois and booked us a last minute reservation. Two minute walk, great service and delicious foods. Location was good, as pretty quiet but could be at sites within 10 minutes. Hotel was great - clean and friendly.

Great hotel to stay in in the centre of Paris
    • Superior King Room

It is a little off the busier streets but easy to walk to the "Grand Magazins"

Good hotel - what you would expect from a 5 star. Service was great, room was a good size.

Great hotel great staff , very comfy worth the money!
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Great spa, very Art Deco, comfy beds although very hot in the room you can open windows. Staff were all polite helpful and treat you very well. No complaints at all.

I don’t know if I would return, there are better options at these prices
    • Superior King Room

Check in was terrible. We arrived @ 11am & understandably there were no rooms available. The girl took my mobile number & advised she would ring if there was a room ready before official check in time of 3pm. She never rang & we returned to the hotel a short time after 3 to be told by another girl that our room wasn’t quite ready but that if we waited in the lobby she would check with housekeeping if it would be ok for us to go up. 20 mins later my husband approached her, she said she was still waiting on housekeeping to advise. Another 20 mins later I went to her again to be told “oh yes it’s ready, I was looking for you but couldn’t find you!” I was sitting less than 10 feet away from the reception desk...! The room was fine, decent size for Paris but the view was bad, the shower didn’t work v well, we had to ask for a 2nd towel on the 2nd & 3rd morning & shampoo though we had lots of conditioner! On the Sunday morning there was repair work on a room close by which meant no sleep-in. Breakfast is expensive @ €40 & is not worth it. Buffet is barely average and the staff didn’t refill the fruit bowls. Only hot food available is some streaky bacon, chicken sausages, scrambled egg (which was v tasty) & pancakes. The restaurant & bar is v expensive & the service is v slow.

Location was great, nice area, just a short walk from lots of restaurants & shops and more importantly l’Arc de Triomphe & Les Champs-Élysées. Bathroom was a good size & had a separate bath & shower Bed was big & v comfortable and tv was big with lots of English/French/Spanish, etc. language channels.

A very Good hotel in the city centre
    • Superior King Room

A very comfortable hotel in the central city. Very nice and helpful staf. You sleep very well because it´s a quitte hotel. The hotel is very near The Champs Elyssé och Boulevard Haussman and you can easy walk to the Opera.

we add four more nights as staff was very courteous
    • Superior King Room

breakfast area and breakfast was not as expected of a five star hotel as well as entrance lounge sitting area sofa arrangement and also fabric should be change plus TV channels were pathetic they should add more english channels

Dirty and disappointing. In reality a 3 star hotel.
    • Superior King Room

Corridors were dark and depressing. Lot of trays with half-eaten meals left in the corridors - sometimes for many hours. Totally gross. Room not properly cleaned. Previous guest had left an empty bottle of wine behind the bed-side table. We eventually tidied it up. Hotel tried to then charge us for the wine!!!

Bed was comfy.

Large room, but dated and I don’t think it’s 5*
    • Superior King Room

Dated, definitely needs an updating. But hotel was accommodating, but not good for value travelers as is very expensive

Modern television and air condition

Simply awesome. Magnifique!
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

There is nothing I could complain about!

The executive room was awesome, the room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and with all that walking you need a good bed to rest. When me and my partner arrived we were greeted at the front door to the reception. The Purple Bar was simply the best!

Nice convenient hotel but not value for money
    • Superior King Room

Outrageously expensive breakfast €40/per person and bar €8 for a soft drink!!!

Nice hotel, large room w v comfortable beds. Great area within walking distance of main areas.

Despite being told to have breakfast included, having booked...
    • Executive Room - Free Executive Lounge Access

Despite being told to have breakfast included, having booked an executive room, I was charged 90€. The manager on duty was an example of extreme ignorance, unpleasant and aggressive behavior not caring about a customer. They have true policy issues, which a person at checkout confirmed and said, that this happened many times before!

accommodation is good as expected; customer service can be improved

they run regular events, so you may find the ground floor packed with people talking/networking . if you like a cozy and a quiet atmosphere, this may not be your top choice; Also they are bad at responding to emails (sent via booking.com), do not waste your time emailing, just call the reception. Room service also may require reminders. They forgot about my order and I only followed it up after 40 minutes..

location, bed, spa are great!

The staff were absolutely lovely.
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden View

The staff were absolutely lovely. It was my Moms 40th birthday and they brought us a loveyl cake and bottle of champagne. We even then received a call from the manager, who wished her a happy birthday and said if we needed anything just to ask. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Definitely would not go back
    • Superior Quadruple Room

There are so many staff and friendly but service is so slow service and disorganized which tells me that the management has problems. The hotel is just run down. The hotel pictures on the web didn’t match the reality. Pretty disappointed!

Doormen were always friendly

Okay.
    • Superior King Room

Hallway was not clean, untidy. Breakfast wasn’t great either:( Rooms were too hot, had to open the window and then it was noisy.

Location and friendly staff.

Really comfortable beds, large rooms (especially for Paris).
    • Superior King Room

Parking is not cheap at 42 EUR/day, but the public parking down the street charges almost the same.

Really comfortable beds, large rooms (especially for Paris). Staff was amazingly helpful and kind (especially for Paris), with the front desk staff even remembering our name (impressive in such a big hotel). Parking in the hotel has large parking spots.

amazing lush hotel everythings good the decor was phenominal
    • Superior King Room

i asked for spicy pasta with cheese and tomatoe with onions received plain green looking pasta with no topping.. food very bland..

amazing lush hotel met my expectations ..

I wouldn't recommend it for this price.
    • Superior King Room

- quality of breakfast was not at 5 star hotel level, moreorless 3 star - boiler in the room had a lot of sediment and after 4 times boiling I couldn't get a clean water for a cup of tea - Room was extremely hot and I was obliged to keep the window open - The price of the room was extremely expensive compared to facilities and services - paying around 350€ per night for the room even a bottle of water from mini bar I had to pay

A 3 stars hotel not a 5 stars
    • Superior King Room

Everything,not a 5 stars hotel,very dirty no maintenance ,poor housekeeping,no restaurant,poor Christmas decoration,worth breakfast I ever had like in a Kanteen in the basement,missing of staff so service are bad,

It seems that between department did not coordinate well. And needed to request to make up room several times. They missed to make up our room. No complimentary water. Which I think should be standard for this type of hotel.

Location. Atmosphere. Wifi was good. Friendly front office.

Nice hotel, helpful staff.. encountered some issues.. but great stay overall.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

We encountered water issues and elevator problems during our stay. Breakfast was good but could use a bit more variety for a 5-star hotel. Had difficulty adjusting the heater / AC (didn't know if it was actually working).

Hotel staff - from the front desk, concierge, breakfast area, housekeeping - were very friendly and accommodating, especially Ms. Pauline (from the front desk) who patiently assisted us and resolved our issues/requests. Very comfortable stay.. if you're in the right room. The Executive Room was quite small and suffocating for our family of 4 adults and 1 child. We transferred to a Suite which was much more spacious and adequate. Lovely interior, with VERY comfortable beds. Hotel lobby was beautifully decorated for the Christmas season.

I diss like this hotel due to poor management respond , long waiting to checked out
    • Superior King Room

Poor respond to my complain , staff not up to standard I was complaining haveing bad smell coming out from bathroom where no respond has been taken. Moreover, early morning cleaning staff knoking my door to clean the room they distrubt my stay. Meanwhile, long waiting tine to checked out.👎🏾

Nothings

A really good hotel.
    • Superior King Room

I didn't like the safe. It was not working and for me it is extremely important that the safe works. I have to carry with me some highly confidential data that I am not allowed to leave it away. This was big negative for me. Even after requesting for it to be fixed, it was not fixed.

The bed was super comfortable, so it made me start hating the bed i have at home. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The gym was well equipped, with well maintained equipment.

Superb experience!
    • Superior King Room

The room was a little far from the elevator

The room was spacious and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The staff make every effort to communicate with you in English. Concierge is very helpful and recommmeded great restaurants in the area. Warm welcome from reception. I will definitely be staying there again

Very comfortable and stylish place to stay in the heart of Paris !
    • Superior King Room

Sometimes you weren’t left with replacements of water / bathrobes and milk sachets etc & had to ask !

The spa & gym & the breakfast as well as the Art Deco interior

Good hotel but not the standard for a 5 star !!
    • Superior King Room

It wss actually a very funny stay in various ways .. the staff and room were nice but the hotel is pricey ... afyer check in the funny things start 1) no water from 12 to 6 in night due to maintenance 2) the breakfast spread is a joke for vegetarians who do not ea t eggs also. 3) the steam and sauna start as late as 9 am ..and if you go at 9 am then you will most certainly have to miss breakfast. 4) the cleaning lady came to clean the room at 8 am and woke me up ..

Actually a 3-star hotel
    • Superior King Room

Small room, very dirty room with broken items, extra charges that were not mentioned on booking, unprofessional staff with no training, poor service. Everyone at the reception was complaining. At the end, I have discovered that they also charged me for one extra night. Terrible experience, should be avoided.

Nice lobby and garden

beautiful lobby and nice location, close to Parc Monceau.
    • Superior King Room

Nice hotel but staff not super helpful or nice. Our puppy had an accident in the lobby while we were checkin in (pee'ed on the floor) and they let my fiancee get toilet paper from her bag (we were prepared) and clean it. Definitely saw it but didn't offer to help. They knew we were coming with a pet (mentioned through the booking + called in advance and told again at checkin) but had to call room service twice to get someone to bring bowls and bed. The first time they brought a full size bed (for a kid) and had to come back. The bed was of poor quality and they gave only 1 bowl instead of 2 (food + water). the room is pretty small, but comfortable. I've been to better places with better rooms and better service for this price / category. breakfast is super expensive and overrated.

beautiful lobby and nice location, close to Parc Monceau.

• Superior King Room

Air condition was broken and I told the reception to fix or change my room around 7:30 pm. I and my wife went out for dinner. When we came back, our room was freezing and they didnt do anything. After a while, around midnight, they sent a repairman to fix the aircondition instead of changing our room!!! It was just the experiencing the hostel comfort! The manager told me that he is gonna do something about this incidents to cover our discomfort. They did nothing at all. Not worthy to stay this so-called 5 star hotel. Any hostel in paris would be better then this creppy hotel. At least you wont pay more than 100 euros.

Will go back there.
    • Superior King Room

Some rooms are a bit noisy, but if you tell staff what you need/expect they will help ( in my case they changes my room)

Bigger room than usually provided in Paris. Bed, bathroom and room services where great.

Small Bed
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Small Bed basic things not available by default such as teeth brush you should ask them to provide many times i called reception and they did not make my request

Bad service / staff unpolite
    • Superior King Room

Service in general: staff @checkin (worst ever-unpolite approach), for a taxi order could not managed by concierge, not by 2 persons, each of them direct us to different other persons! Bad service

Location, Building, Rooms

Absolutely Gorgeous! Wish we had more time to enjoy all the amenities of the hotel ~ next time!
    • Superior King Room

There was a horrible noise in the air duct of our suite ~ The hotel attended to it right away the next day and made sure we were happy. :)

The beds were very comfortable, all the accessories were top notch, loved the nespresso machine and the personal cell phone you are allowed to use for free during your stay!

Not worth it!
    • Superior King Room

Staff was rude during breakfast! Breakfast is not worth the money and even on weekends they close the buffet at 10h30!! The room is not worth the money (basic, small and out-of-date!) Elevators are located too far away from the room!

allow yourself to a high-standing luxury hotel in the center of Paris
    • Superior King Room

very difficult to connect to Wi-Fi, almost incredibly difficult for an hotel of this category.

bedding incredibly comfortable - great room - impressive lobby - very good hotel !

Good place to stay
    • Superior Quadruple Room

All good really.. wanted a free upgrade as it was partners 40th... did not get it but did get Champaign and cake

Great location free Champaign.. for partners 40th...

Beautiful hotel in a good location.

- Internet was poor and the premium internet was too expensive. A hotel of this price and quality should include premium internet within the regular room rate for all guests. - On one day, Housekeeping never made up our room. We had to call Guest Services twice before the problem was taken care of. - The air conditioning was difficult to adjust. We always felt either too cold, or too hot.

Great location, beautiful decor, polite staff, great breakfast buffet.

It was a great holiday, if we could have got more sleep it would have been perfect!
    • Superior Quadruple Room

The room had two double beds which was fine for my 13 year old but a bit small for my husband and I to sleep on. The Air conditioning was hit and miss too.

The hotel was very opulent and the location was fantastic, just a short walk to the Champs Elysees

First and last stay
    • Deluxe King Room with Garden View

The rooms was old , bad room services , bad room facilities , as a five stars hotel there was no coffee machine , there wasn't a coffee service in the lobby , the handy (mobile) in the room was missing and they told me wait 3 days until we get another one , no complimentary water in the room

The rooms with garden view

Comfortable

Too many room variety. Gets confusing. Paid and requested a late check out. But morning staff were not aware. Knocked on my door 4 times. Even after informing reception the second time they disturbed. Was not happy. Although a lovely hotel.

Comfy bed.

Great hotel with real style.

Housekeeping ignored the do not disturb sign twice in one morning and knocked to see if they could clean, when we were still getting ready to go out for the day.

Superb rooms and lounges all in a bold but modern art deco style. Excellent facilities and a very good location. Staff were very helpful. Balcony rooms have excellent views over typical Parisienne rooftops. Upgraded on arrival and given useful information on good locations for bars and restaurants.

Browse Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe traveller photo gallery