Reviews of Best Western Hotel Opéra Drouot 3 stars

4 Rue De La Grange Bateliere, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#714 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Too exoensive comoartively other besweston in pakistan less comfort

We hv booked twin bed room but received single bed we were two then we hv to 99 eros more for other room then 2nd day got twin bed room!

• Two Adjacent Double Room

Very nice accommodation in the city centre. Near to metro and train stations and sightseeings too. They are also lot of restaurants and shops in the neighborhood. Our room was little bit small but contained everything you need. I was very satisfied and recommend.

• Two Adjacent Double Room

Beds were not particularly comfortable - we all woke up with some back pain

Fantastic location Clean Well appointed rooms and bathrooms Excellent value for money

• Family Room

The pillows and bed were not that comfy. The hotel itself is a bit old and quite small. There were no toiletries.

Great location, near metro, restaurants, cafes and supermarket. The room was somewhat clean though a bit small in size. Breakfast was delicious even though there was quite limited choices. Helpful and friendly staffs.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

A strange noise from the elevator and the carpet on the floors

Great hotel experience, The hotel located at very close to the major attraction of the city and it is very convenient for easy movement with metro The rooms are very clean with excellent service from the staff of the hotel, Also the room are very quiet. For sure I would recommend this hotel for a trip in Paris and also I would visited again.

Rabbit hutch rm. Bed nearly whole room; end 1ft to wall. Elevator very noisy. Desk chair stained; several layers spilled liquids; disgusting. However, room precludes desk chair use

The staff was wonderful - thanks! Easy access and very well located - fun area of Paris.

The only real criticism is the rudeness and arrogance of FARID! I would suggest he looks for a non-public related career. My son asked for an extra quilt and was told “We don’t supply these, turn the heating up”. This was after the lady on reception had said she would leave one for my son. My son was headed two sheets and sent away. I had read previous reviews and tried to cancel this hotel based on the feedback from other people’s experience with FARID. However, I’m glad I stayed here as the other staff are very friendly, welcoming and kind.

Excellent location, hotel rooms were very small but the space was well designed to meet the customers needs. The weather was cold and I requested an extra quilt. ALL the female staff were very helpful and friendly but the male member of staff was down right rude! This was a shame as he was on duty meeting customers which does not create a good impression of what the hotel is actually like. Overall this hotel is small and very friendly. The breakfast is standard continental, so don’t expect too much. However, the coffee and choice was excellent. Superbly located for all amenities in Paris including metro and supermarket as well as more traditional shops.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Room was really small - I know thats normal in Paris but still felt a bit let down after images on website. Inside room leaflet said kettle was provided, went downstairs to get one and staff said there isnt one provided. Confused mixed message.

Hotel was fine, location was really good, hairdryer good, breakfast was worthwhile

I can't think of anything that I didn't like.

I love the location, but have to say that the hotel staff are warm and friendly - and helpful. The rooms are always clean and breakfast is worth the 12 Euros.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The twin bedded rooms are a little too compact and difficult for 2 adults sharing as not much room to move around the beds or to unpack. The breakfast area is also on the small side - not enough seating if too many people arrive at the same time.

The location of the hotel is excellent - in a quiet street but near to many shops and restaurants. The rooms are very clean and have all the facilities you would need. The beds have nice linen and are very comfortable. Buffet breakfast is good and caters for all tastes. Staff are very pleasant and happy to help with all requests.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The room was too small, not enough space for two people. The hotel is old, not as seen in the pictures.

The location was quite convenient, breakfast was good.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

My double bedroom very small. Hanging space limited if 2 people in room. No drawers to put clothes in. Bathroom was very modern but use of black tiles on floor and walls made it very dark and the lighting in bathroom did not help. TV remote on/off not working so had to use main plug to turn tv off and on. Noise from traffic on main road near hotel could be heard at night, needs better windows to stop street noise. Breakfast was an additional charge.

Location very good. Staff very helpful. Hotel small but clean and modern

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The bed was too small. No tea making facilities. Tv channels only CNN English speaking. Noisey music outside.

Shower was good. Room was clean. Check out 12 noon.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

There was lots of stains on the carpet, even there was room service everyday the room looks very very dirty and unpleasant. The bed could have been more comfortable.

The hotel is in the very heart of Paris. You can easily reach restaurants, bars, shops within minutes. There are multiple metro stations very near to the hotel. The staff was very friendly.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

1) Window in room did not open so no fresh air. The handle was missing and it was visibly screwed shut for some unknown reason. I didn't plan on jumping out from the 7th floor. 2) The safe in room was locked when arrived. After being told at reception that someone would come and unlock it later - it never happened.

Value for money in general for central Paris.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

I found the road outside noisy (we were on the second floor). I asked for an adapter for the two-pin room sockets and it seems they only had one for the whole hotel as someone had borrowed 'it'!

Pleasant enough stay for two nights. Room was very clean and comfortable. Had a luggage storage space and hangers. It's in a great location, quite central and very near a Metro Station.

Not very cooperative and inviting staff. The elevator is very noisy. The rooms were not cleaned appropriately, and the staff at night was not professional, with misleading answers to our queries.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Only provide 1 bottle of water during arrival for 2 guests. Should supply kettle in the room. Got tea bag & coffee capsule but no water to make drink.

Location is good, near to metro & bus station, walking distance to restaurants & shopping streets.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The breakfast variation was pretty much very standard. I would love to have a little bit more option and the elevator is an old one and they only have one, so sometimes I need to wait awhile for it

I like how the hotel is strategically locaten in the heart of the city so it was very convenient for me to walk to places and find places to eat. It's close to the metro as well, so it's just a perfect location for holiday.

Wifi: their wifi is not the best. Most of the time you do not find any connection.

We loved our stay at the Best Western Hotel Opéra Drouot. from Breakfast to the staff members to location. it was really good.

• Two Adjacent Double Room

we had a littlre issue when we arrived, as they cancelled the reservation due to credit card issue, they say they tried to contact me but i was in the plane.

Location is OK, nice area with several restaurants around, the family room is spacious with no view, but the breakfast was not good enough.

I had a single room and although it was small the space is used perfectly. The bed was very comfortable; a Nespresso machine is always a bonus and I liked the overall design. The location is perfect, too. Close to the opera and not too far from Gare du Nord. Tip: Have a look at Passage Verdeau and you must eat at Bouillon Chartier. Don't get discouraged by the queues; it is worth the wait!

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Location is very central, minutes walk to Metro. Although the room is small but fully equip with necessary amenities such as hot water, bathroom, powerful air-con, safe and even coffee machine. Should I ever visit Paris again, this is be my preferred choice of hotel. Finally, great thanks to the helpful receptionist for arranging a cab to get to the airport!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

I was given a poky room in which I couldn't stand up straight and I am short. The person on duty was rude. I had to change rooms. The rest of the staff were fine.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

There is a great coffee machine in the room with 2 pods. Which we used straight away. On returning after a meal at. We asked for more but were meet with an answer from the member of staff can you come back later.

The room was really close to a good range of restaurants

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

I requested a quite room, they gave me the room 101, directly on the street, which was very noisy. I slept from 2:30 to 6:30, I will not go there anymore.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Room was sooo small I could barely enter the room. No drawer to place items.Refused to give complimentary coffee when the nepresso failed.

Not too far from main sights. Many places to eat in neighborhood.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

regular rooms are extremely small. Open closets (no doors)

Staff was very helpful, location is great although a bit noisy if you ever open your window. Noisy pub nearby the hotel

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Small rooms, average breakfast for the price, no kettle in room even though advertised on website

Proximity to metro, good variety of local restaurants

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The elevator makes alot of sound and is audible from the room. Toothbrushes is not included, you have to go to the desk and ask them. The wifi is horrible works for 5min and then it drops for a minute. It is a bit overpriced

Location is really good: close to the metro, restaurants. The staff were nice.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The worst treatment I have ever received in any hotel in my life! Here is a short story: the reception guy asked me to leave my key in the reception whenever I leave, and I did so. When I got back, he was not stationed in the reception and the reception was unmanned. Me and my colleague waited there for several minutes and nobody showed up...we later saw the reception guy talking to someone...and waited for him to finish his business...and it took even longer while we were only waiting for our keys to get into room after a full day of meetings nearby...we thought the reception guy didn't notice us so I just went few steps towards him so we could see me, and spelled two-words politely "excuse me..." and nothing more! the guy came to us, and started yelling and shouting at us and in shouting-mode he said that we have to wait for our turn at the queue when he's busy with someone else...and I told him that, I just told you "excuse me" but he kept yelling and following us and called us "rude"! P.S. Normally when I go to a hotel and the reception is busy, and if I approach them, I would hear either two of these sentences: "Sorry, I will be with you in a minute" or "Could you please wait for some minutes" with open-wide smile! shouting, yelling, angry faces and chasing me to the elevator and calling me "rude"...never happened before! I will NEVER EVER stay in that hotel again! they need to teach their staff some courtesy! I had before seen lots of "rude" guests and many "polite receptionists" but not on the other way around!

Nothing specific, maybe the fact that it's in central Paris and near where I had to be was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Family Room

No wifi - internet connection was terrible, toilett at different room from sink and shower, elevator noisy at night. We were 3 ppl ( 1 double bed and 1 single sofa). My sofa bed had not been made, i had to go and ask for a pillow at reception.

Good location, staff is helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Room was extremely small. Just room for the bed which was tiny. The room entry system buzzed all night and the lift was noisey even though the rooms are advertised as having sound proofing.

Friendly staff

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Friendly and helpful staff, nice location close to public transport, bars, restaurants and shops. Tea and coffee facilities in the room. Paris rooftop view from my room.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The breakfast location is in the main foyer. It would be nicer to have it in a private part of the hotel.

The bed was extra comfy and location is excellent. Staff were great too.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

A lot of noise all night long. You can hear the elevator and if you are on the first floor, the heating/cooling unit outside. Pillow was not good. The carpet in the room was very stained. For internet you had to provide a lot of personal data before it was activated.

Good location if you want to be at Drouot

We booked this because it was 'Best Western'. Big mistake. The room was cramped - the toilet and shower was not en suite but in the room (cabinet), the wash basin in a niche in the room itself; the depiction in the advert does not show this; the carpets were horrible/dusty; the windows could only be opened fully , so either it was cold or stuffy. The tea/coffee in the room was inadequate for two people given the cost. Staff at reception were indifferent.

the cleaning/breakfast room staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Family Room

The staff especially in restaurant can't speak in English, difficult to communicate and they are not friendly at all

There is a guy in reception, he is very helpful, friendly and polite

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

the hotel has very very small room. very close city center and metro station, we didn't make breakfast also it looks not good. There is a lot of coffee for breakfast around the hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The elevator is still noisy.

The staff is (in my opinion) extremely kind. Every request is taken in account. The room are small but comfortable enough to rest after a day work.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Lift needs upgrading and possibly a cheaper breakfast. There is no point eating breakfast there due to local cafes being cheaper.

The bed was extra comfy and soft with a good amount of pillows. Tv came with English channels and the location was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Family Room

Family room had a Queen size bed and single bed for our daughter. Room was large room for Paris. Location to restaurants, supermarkets and metro all very close. Breakfast was free for children.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The elevator's noise was constantly disturbing the peace of the room. The bed was so stiff it was difficult to sleep.

the staff was very professional and Nice. The location is the best.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

The rooms are small (as usual in Paris) so don't target this hotel if you mean to stay in the bedroom (on the other hand, why staying in a hotel room in Paris ?). The elevator is still making weird noise that can be heard from the rooms (ask for rooms away from the elevator).

I am always glad to come back to this hotel, which is my usual place to stay for work in Paris. Easy access by subway, not very far from Opéra to get the RoissyBus from and to Charles-de-Gaulle airport.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The room lacked slipperies and a minibar, and also room itself was small.

The location is really good if you want to walk around in Paris, but the prices may be a little lower if the services they provide are considered. They charge an additional 12 euros if you wanted to have a breakfast, and also I wanted to see more space in the room, it was barely enough for two people. I would recommend it to young people traveling but not for families looking for their children's comfort.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Staff not very service-oriented, baggage storage did not feel safe at all (door was kept open all day, did not write down guests names or check who left / picked up which bag)...

Great location, super quick walk to the metro and great restaurants close by. Room is tiny - as always in Paris- but the bed was super comfy bed and bathroom modern.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

I was at chamber #703, so at the top level, in front of the elevator. It's been several months the elevator is noisy and should be repaired. It makes a surprising "wooof" sound that can be heard from the room. Ask for rooms away from the elevator. The bathroom ventilation in this room was very loud too, I had to close the door in order to sleep quietly.

Having tried a lot of different hotels in this area, it has become my favorite one for different reason : reasonable price (for Paris), decently clean, calm, with thermostatic shower and comfortable beds. The rooms are tiny but… that's Paris and if you stay in Paris to stay in the hotel room, you miss the point.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Diversity of breakfast can be increased.

The location is pretty good, many supermarkets and restaurants around and close to metro station. The staffs are polite, kind, and helpful. The bed and pillows are confrotable.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Obvious street noise on Friday and Saturday nights. You don't have to give clean towels everyday for ones just used. If I hang them up to dry, I would use them again. Trying to be green :-)

Breakfast was good - coffee was superb! The bed was very comfortable, and the room very clean and neat.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Great welcome at the arrival desk and "helpful with a smile" throughout the stay. The bathroom/shower room is very well appointed with an eye for detail. The location of this hotel is terrific. All in all highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The noise from the street was very loud as there seemed to be no sound barrier between the room and the street. The noise late at night kept us awake or woke us up very late at night and very early in the morning.The breakfast is included at most Best Western hotels, but was extra at this one.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was a good size.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Smell of mould in shower stall,

Good location, staff very nice helpfull and friendly. Room small but surprisingly fine, had 2 windows which opened onto the street.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

So i booked TWIN room - genius advantage was early check in. I asked in my reservation for an early check in, twin beds and quiet room. I got none. We arrived around noon, but were told that there are no rooms ready yet, no problem with that. We came back to the hotel after all day sightseeing around 21, went to our room and surprise! we got one queen (or even smaller) bed with one bedcover and on the street side :-( (receptionist explained after that it was the last room and we should have asked in the morning for twin (?!)) There was also small sofa on which i decided to sleep, but i had to go down to the reception to ask for bedsheets and make the bed myself. Noise from the street all night (it is very busy and lively area), so forget about good night sleep. I could also very clearly hear our neighbours snoring and coughing. In the bathroom make up mirror and one lampe was broken.

Good size shower and room size ok. Nespresso machine in the room with 2 coffees + 1 decaf and 1 bottle of water. Breakfast was with a good selection. You could also squeeze orange juice yourself. Lively area , lots of theaters and cafees/restaurants in the area. Metro nearby

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The toilet is in a separate area to the shower. There is no basin with the toilet so you have to use the one in the shower room this is not hygienic if your roommate is using the shower! Despite the all the lights, the room was still dark and poorly lit. Some of the reception staff (particularly one young man) are abrupt, I even made extra effort to be polite and jovial and still no dice. Other staff were pleasant though.

The location was good, it was nice to have a Nespresso machine in the room. Overall, the price was right and I might stay there again, I would just re-calibrate my expectations in certain areas

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Room was quite small, understand this is typical of Paris though, didn't bother us as we didnt spend much time other than to sleep

Nice, tidy room. Good for a holiday base when you are out and about all day and just need somewhere to stay

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

We probably received the tiniest room in the hotel, on the last floor. We couldn't even get the suitcases in the room, as the door was blocked by the bed half way. The roof looked lovely, like the inside of a wooden boat, which was a little inconvenient for a tall person as they had to use only one side of the bed. This should be sold as a single room, as there is not enough space for 2 people to move around. Refurbishment works performed to the building next to the hotel, it was a little noisy after 8am. Air Conditioning was very, very noisy, so we had to turn it off during the night.

The bed was very comfortable and the room itself looks very good, clean and with plenty of light. The bathroom was the same size as the room, modern and in excellent condition. 20-30min walk away from the Louvre. Good view of the buildings around a the top of the Eiffel Tower. The hotel has no parking but you can find parking on the street.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Getting a decent room in Paris takes a lot of money and good look. I was lucky to find this place. However, I still think that Paris is extremely overpriced considering my personal impression of the city. Rooms are super small and services have nothing to do with what someone can get for the same price in more impressing cities.

Good location. Nice neighborhood. Nice service

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Two Adjacent Double Room

Тне room is too small, the two rooms are separated by doors inyamat nothing in common except that they are together. All heard no shtumoizolatsiya neighbor when you go to the toilet is heard everything

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

not much floor space around the bed but still excellent value

Altra modern furnishing in bedroom. Very clean throughout. Aircon in rooms. Location excellent.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Room window overlooks street with cafe which can be a bit noisy but has AC so could close it if it bothers too much.

Rooms recently renovated. Friendly staff and quite nice breakfast. Nespresso in room a nice touch. Very comfortable matress

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The only issue was thge following: the safe deposit box in the room, was not fixed, and anyone can take the whole box and go away. There was no point putting things in the box. Also the two ladies assisted me in putting my things in the boxes downstairs, in the room next to the reception. But this issue is a minor one, since there was a solution for it.

In all the hotels, apart from hotel's comfort and luxury , ALWAYS the human factor plays a big role. The two ladies; Mrs. Sadjia and Mrs. Arijana ; who work in the hotel, are excellent persons. They know how to behave with the clients and feel with their necessary needs and assist them in a professional way. I am not a demanding person, but sometimes I ask for a little help for a minor thing. These two ladies were very helpful and in a total polite and smiley way. Thanks for them. On my next trips to Paris, sure I will stay in this hotel, considering the two ladies are still there. ;

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

This is a budget hotel, not ideal if you need space, the rooms are very small, the toilet and shower were seperate. The breakfast was very basic with no hot food.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

It's the place I regularly book for my working days in Paris. It's the best deal in the area, as long as you just intend to have a clean room for your nights. The room is small, but the deal is fair. And the location is mostly quiet.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The best part being the air con is on even when out of the room ( as most hotels you need your room key for it to be on) so when you walk in after being in hot sun all day its exactly what you need.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Location is central but near bars so it was quite loud. People were singing loudly outside at 5 am. Rooms were not really clean. The hotel itself didn't fell so organized.

Breakfast limited choice but nice quality. Good location and price. Friendly staff.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

internet connetion is 0 !!!!!!! The room size is catastrophic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the location

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The room was never cleaned in 4 days. No soap, towels, toilet paper was provided but once at the beginning of the stay ...

• Premium Double or Twin Room

WiFi very poor and intermittent. Lift noisy at night. Noisy neighbours who were not sorted by reception

Location and quite chic

Almost everything

Absolutely nothing

• Family Room

Could hear lift from our room. Was a bit noisy.

Location. Rooms were very nice.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Perfect location, clean, quiet, helpfull staff

So bad WiFi

Awful WiFi connection

no waredrobe

Location, helpful staff

• Two Adjacent Double Room

Terrible experience. Rooms are very small. Breakfest is hell, everything is finished.

Browse Best Western Hotel Opéra Drouot traveller photo gallery