Reviews of Hostellerie du Country Club 2 stars

11 Quai Franklin Roosevelt, 77920 Samois-sur-Seine, France

#1 of 1 hotels in Samois-sur-Seine

• Classic Double Room with Balcony

A car is a must. Breakfast is expensive for what is offered. Problem in getting dinner. Only a couple of restaurants 10 minutes from the hotel.

Nice quiet relaxing environment. Extremely friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Classic Double Room with Balcony

The hotel was closed. After telephoning Someone arrived and opened the hotel and started the heater. The owner told us that the hotel was full so we could not have another room. We saw nobody! After a little pressure we could change rooms. We will never come again!

the bed was terrible and the rooms very hot

• Classic Double Room with Balcony

The staff always started with 'No sorry can't do that' although eventually they did it.

Fantastic location and view of river from room.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

some refurbishment needs to be done at some point....

The owner/manager was there all the time, and was extremely pleasant and efficient. Actually all the staff that we dealt with were friendly and very helpful. We stayed when it was off season, but the restaurent was open and fully functional, with a really good menu.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

The story of my stay. I arrived at 17:30. Went to the reception but the door was locked, no lights, the place looked dead. Called the hotel. Women says they have their pauze... they will be there in half an hour. She tells me the entry code to unlock the reception door. My room key will be ready on the desk. I'm getting pissed off cause they didn't send me a message or email to let me know the entry situation to be expected. Have some arguments with the women. Anyway this shows the owner takes little care about the guests. I didn't feel wellcome. Entered in my room. Seems there is only one or two more guests but no hotel staff at all. I didn't wanted to try the restaurant after this bad experience. Spend the evening but then a small dog starts barking in the adjacent room. The dog was left alone on the room... After half an hour someone takes care of the dog. Next morning wanted to check out but again no one at the reception. The door to the restaurant area is locked with a chain and two more locks. Called the hotel again (i am in the hotel...) and the same women from yesterday excuses herself for being late cause of an accident with a wild pig. There is indeed a problem with pigs and deers in the Fontainbleau area so beware when driving there. Anyway the owner arrives, excuses herself again and offers me a breakfast which i refuse cause not much time left and still feeling upset by the treatment. I pay my bill (90 instead of the 99€), we talk about the accident etcc and am given a quick coffee and croissant at the reception desk. Internet logs you off every few hours. Room is a bit run down, old paint, some dirt spots, plastic plants... If you book a room, now you know what you can expect. Maybe it is not always like this. A pity cause this could be a really nice place to stay. It would help if the owner would live at the hotel or let you know the entry procedure and code in advance.

Location with view on the Seine river. Place with a lot of potential.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

Unable to get in to hotel until 6pm when kitchen staff arrived and let us in. Despite being told we could check in at 4.30pm. Unable to get a drink in restaurant/bar after our meal at 10.45pm only allowed to take a drink to our room so staff could leave hotel and lock us in.

Location and restaurant

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

the owner is a spectacular friendly lady.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

Oter fabric of building needs some attention

Good dining room. Lovely outlook

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

No wifi when you eat outside; Old facility

Fresh air; friendly staff; quiet room

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Beautiful place, peaceful setting overlooking the Seine. Lovely staff

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Cleanliness was unfortunately not good.

Great location, nice and quiet. From earlier experience we know the kitchen is also good.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Friendly staff, on banks of Seine

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

Heating and hot water not working on the day we checked out so left cold and unable to shower!

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.