Reviews of Novotel Paris Créteil Le Lac 4 stars

Rue Jean Gabin, 94000 Créteil, France

#4 of 6 hotels in Créteil

Clean, quiet, comfortable.
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

Definitely you need a car to move around. Public transport not very close.

Comfortable bed. Very good water pressure at a shower with 4 options of changing the stream. Air Condition works very well and you can control it (not all Novotel provide it). There is an additional door that separates toilet and the room, creating small corridor and at the same time it’s a very good soundproof solution. The sofa can easily fit two kids, it’s wide and comfortable. There is a piano at the lobby. Very nice lake with swans and ducks, clean park. Both night and day guys at the reception were more than helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

I like trying new hotels, yet I will stay here again.
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

Best breakfast buffet I have ever had in a hotel. Amazing view of the lake from my room. Amazing big screen TV. Comfortable bed. Big room. Stylish, classy bathroom. Everything has an expensive feel to it, yet the fare remains quite reasonable.

The room was big enough with the children, kid's menu is...
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and a Sofa (3)

Was very hot outside over 37C and aircon was much too weak in the room.

The room was big enough with the children, kid's menu is great, they loved the swimming pool .

Swimming pool
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

I’m using Novotel quite often all around Europe and All are nice looking hotels but unfortunately this one is not looks tired and renovation need.

Swimming pool

Big tv in the rooms
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

We arrived at 12.30 but the room wasn’t ready so we had to wait three hours before they would give us our room.. which was on the bottom level and extremely dirty hall way there was a big open door which I assume was for deliveries that was open the entire time it doesn’t feel safe at all. The bar is over priced and the breakfast is terrible a few jams some Yoghurt and bread it was terrible I can’t believe how bad the breakfast buffet was.

Big tv in the rooms

Swimming pool filty full of insects , hotel is old and needs...
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

Swimming pool filty full of insects , hotel is old and needs to be refurbished doesn't reflect photos at all, woken up Sunday in room 26 to a church gathering next door in board room extremely loud, bathrooms dirty and toilet area smelled , carpets dirty , not close to Paris it's 15 minute walk to metro and then another 30 minutes to centre . Had to pay a €550 deposit when I arrived which weren't aware of and nothing in that room is even worth that money. Very disappointed and will not be using novotel going forward or recommending this hotel to anyone

Useful out of town base for car travellers who want to explore Paris by public transport.
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

A better choice of toasting bread, jams & fresh fruits at breakfast would be nice.

Hotel with secure, free parking is located overlooking the park with a lovely patio & outdoor pool. It’s a 20 minute walk to the metro into Paris on line 8 which is frequent & quick. Good buffet breakfast. Easy to access from the motorway system for a base for exploring Paris.

Excellent Hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

As always, I enjoy my stay at this hotel and really like how they care about any problem one can face. And as always l like the lake view, it's magnificent. For sure I'll stay there on my next business trip.

Good for where I needed to go. Poor for food and hotel needs work doing on carpeting etc
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

There was no one available to get a meal on Sunday in the Bar or restaurant. When going for breakfast in the morning I had to fight my way through people gathered out side a meeting room to get to the breakfast area. Place is looking shabby and needs a revamp, carpets on the stairs are all bare.

Hard beds
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

Hard beds Cold room. Could not find how to change temperature so I used a blanket instead Thin walls - could hear exaktly what my neighbours were doing

cost effective. excellent choice.
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

No to be pre authorization for room damages the card.

Excellent hotel, not as be written at the comments. Excellent staff, clean, 25 min (by car) to center of Paris, nice lake view, the breakfast is free of charge for children under 16 years old and secure parking. The nearby metro station (univercity) is free of charge for car parking.

Nice experience

Structure is quite aged.

Good and rich breakfast. Very useful links and free Parking There is not a gim. But very close there is the lake with a running path very beautiful. Near there is a big commercial centre with metro M8 inside it's parking. Good site to visit Paris easy to reach. Children under 16 is free for all breakfast included.

Great value for money.
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

Not a 4-star hotel (at least facilities can be renewed),though price is more than adequate for what you get.

Great value for money. Good restaurant. Calm location. Helpful staff.

Friendly and helpful staff, lots of things need attention.
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

The doors both to the bathroom and toilet didn't close the door lock was broken. Sofa bed really uncomfortable, our son couldn't sleep most of the night feeling the springs under the mattress. Scale on sink and shower tray. Carpet worn out and needs at least proper wet cleaning. Pillows old and very uncomfortable. Far from 4 star comfort.

WiFi was good quality
    • Standard Room with One Single and One Double Bed

Bed set quality is not Novotel standard. Looked to have had a temporary bed in place of the room's permanent one. Not possible to take shower since the shower hanger did not fit to the holder, toilet ventilation showed that for LONG time dust and non cleaning.

WiFi was good quality

Top choice for my next Paris/Creteil stay.
    • Standard Room with One Single and One Double Bed

I would describe it more as classy than cozy. It's a 5 min walk to the nearest bus station. 15 min to the Metro. Food options past midnight are pretty slim to none. Beds are comfy but not the most so.

The lake view and the surrounding scenery are insanely beautiful. Staff is helpful and classy. Area is classy and quiet. Cozy Moroccan restaurant across the street. Amazing value for money.

I didn't know that it is possible to live on -1 floor...
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

I didn't know that it is possible to live on -1 floor before... with the view to the parking lot right in front of the window with the price of very good level hotel. Regarding service the staff just forgot to order the taxi in advance but this is quite usual for this hotel.

Perfect lake view, but need some care for customers
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

(1) The AC wasn't working! The handling of this issue was terrible by the reception, I was kept sleeping 2 terrible nights, had to open the window in order to get fresh air in but actually this made the situation worse as flying insects came in! Had to close the window back and let these flying insects out! I escalated the issue to the manager and on the 3rd day of my stay they gave me a fan, it was ok for me but of course it would have been perfect if they have opened the Air-Condition. ----------------------------------- (2) There is this guy at the reception who always gives false information, I remember him from my other stays. Here are examples of these situations: 1. In my last stay I asked for a taxi to the airport, he told me that the taxi will be here in X minutes. I checked the root to the airport and this time X was ok. Later on, after this X time have passed I asked for the taxi? He told me he will be here soon. I waited for around 15 minutes, and asked him again, he told me he will be here in 10 minutes. Waited for these 10 minutes and asked he said in 10 minutes, the road is crowded! Then another 10! I checked if there is an UBER around and thank God there was one! I cancelled this taxi! and had a scary thoughts all the way to the airport! And actually was running in the airport in order not to lose the flight! 2. The Air-Condition situation, he told me first that I have to wait for 10 minutes in order for the Air-Condition to work, so I waited but nothing happened. Then he told me to move to another room as the Air-Condition would be better there (I was in 236 and moved to 240). I waited there for 10 minutes but again, nothing happened! I asked him again, he told me then that the Air-Condition is actually not working!!! because it "should be" cold this time of year, and the available technician is not good (He literally said that) and he can't turn the Air-Condition on and that the good technician will be here tomorrow!!!

- This is my favorite hotel in Creteil, because of one thing, the lake view! - The breakfast was perfect.

Parking space
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

Very Old hotel, overall Dirty carpets Dirty shower curtain Very old bath towels Overpriced breakfast - very poor quality food

Parking space Mattress

The property itself was not something to be excited about, but the location gave the value for my $$
    • Standard Room with One Single and One Double Bed (3 Adults)

The property pre-authorized my debit card twice. They took off the bill from the second pre-authorization, but still has not cleared the first one. It's really frustrating that I entrusted my debit card to them and thought that it was really worth it to choose 'pay at the property' from booking.com. I raised my complaint to their website and sent them multiple emails but they never bothered to look into my concern. The only response that I got from them was that their customer agent would contact me. No follow-up happened. I called them twice and on the first call, the lady said she would investigate what happened then she would email me. I gave my email address and was positive that I would finally get an answer from them, but she never got back to me. On the second call, the guy who answered told me that he already cleared the pre-authorization while we were on the phone. When I called my bank, they told me it was still on hold. My bank told me that it would be automatically cancelled a month after the pre-authorization if Novotel still do not charge or cancel it. I'm waiting for 2 more days to find out if my account would reflect my money. Their customer service is just cold and seemed like they do not care at all. While speaking on the phone, they sounded helpful but that was just because our conversation might be recorded for quality assurance. They are just unhelpful and total liars.

Location was only 15 minutes away from the metro by walk. Lake and park nearby, and shopping mall 10 minutes away.

Asked for steak to be well done came out raw as did...
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed and a Sofa

Asked for steak to be well done came out raw as did children's burgers,I think staff rushed food as we got to hotel 15 min before kitchen closed due to travel delays. When told staff they did nothing as kitchen closed I think. 15

Pleasant Stay
    • Standard Room with One Single and One Double Bed

I stayed there 2 weeks before, and I'm not sure why I felt a big difference in the quality of food from the restaurant (the lunch menu), second time it was not so good given the price The bathroom seat was broken

I love the breakfast a lot Staff are very friendly and helpful

the cleanliness was horrible, the toilette smelt horrible,...
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

the cleanliness was horrible, the toilette smelt horrible, sometimes the person took off the towels and did not put clean ones, so I did not have towels to use.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great location, bad and dated overpriced hotel.
    • Standard Room With 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed and a Sofa (3)

Very very very dated. Not at all what i was expecting. Personally i dont think the hotel is worthy of the price. Small rooms (i booked a room for 3 adults and a child, it looked the size of a standard 2 person room) bad water pressure, bad lighting and almost no air conditioning. If it wasnt for the location i would have moved.

Great for families, cose to a lake and great play area

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Best location in creteil close to the lake.
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

The rooms in the basement are really getting old and dirty to a level that is not standard for Novotel France anymore. The biggest issue was a fundamental disagreement on the conditions. On my view of the reservation, the hotel could do a pre-authorization on my card (this is written on booking.com). This is standard. However what happened is a full advance payment for all the rooms on my card. This is an issue as I was travelling in a group of business partners not all working in the same company. It took a lot of time to correct this and warm thank to the reception staff. I really recommend you consider verifying your unusual method. Also the pipes are really noisy and could not sleep while the neighbors were using their bathroom early in the morning.

Best location in creteil close to the lake. The staff is making some huge efforts to overcome some issues. The rooms are large and Wi-Fi works.

The location just next to a beautiful park and lake
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed and a Sofa

This is thethird time i stay in this hotel. Previously there was no cleanliness issue. This time, the toilet kept smelling of urine, looks like it's seeping through the wall paint. The carpet had stains.

The location just next to a beautiful park and lake

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Breakfast was very good, fresh eggs, fresh fruit and...
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed and a Sofa

The hotel already has a certain age and this shows.

Breakfast was very good, fresh eggs, fresh fruit and anything else you might need to enjoy a good start in the day. I had a double bed room with a very good mattras. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was very nice. Best dessert ever !

We liked the lake near the hotel and the kids feed the goose...
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

We liked the lake near the hotel and the kids feed the goose and really liked the mosque.

The parking was free (in some Novotel u have too pay) and...
    • Standard Room with One Single and One Double Bed

The parking was free (in some Novotel u have too pay) and the swimming pool was clean... small but clean 😉

It was okay.

The room colour

It was just generally okay, nothing fantastic. It has a lovely mall close to it.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location next to the lake
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed and a Sofa (3)

Nobody answered at the reception when you call from uour room

Location next to the lake

Otherwise we had a good time love the lac behind the hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

Food didn’t match the menu,no hot water at night and early morning

Kids entertainment in the front was nice

Good hotel with steep rates

No restaurants around

Small lake nearby to go for jogging around

The location of the property is soo quite and eye catching.
    • Standard Room with One Single and One Double Bed (3 Adults)

The location of the property is soo quite and eye catching.

Secured parking place, good breakfast
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

Dinner room service, cold food, to expensive.

Secured parking place, good breakfast

Good food
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

decoration and condition very poor in the rooms

Good food

Nice hotel

Bad location

Nice hotel and good service

Not impressed
    • Standard Room with One Single and One Double Bed (3 Adults)

Needs refurbishment, carpets and bathrooms so dirty and old

Somehow okay
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

They couldnt link my A-Club membership to my bookings. Very bad

Miserable,
    • Standard Room with One Single and One Double Bed

Location is not easy to find with sat nav.

Excellent and friendly english speaking staff

The Extra friendly Staff !
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed and a Sofa

The Extra friendly Staff !!!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Great and comfortable hotel

The bathrooms need updating

Comfortable beds and good breakfast

Next to lake;
    • Standard Room with One Single and One Double Bed

A bit old facility; had to prepare eggs for breakfast, never had this before.

Next to lake; staff

The view is beautiful, staff very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

The view is beautiful, staff very friendly and helpful. Room service of food in the room. Location is perfect.

Air Condition is not effective and staff not friendly
    • Standard Room With 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed and a Sofa (3)

Air Condition is not effective and staff not friendly

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Standard Double Room with Sofa

Old furnitures. Everything feela dated and falling apart.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Good stay again shame about the restaurant
    • Standard Double Room with Sofa

Very very poor food - weekend restaurant closed but we weren't advised

Excellent linens

View and staff

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Nice relaxing stay
    • Standard Room with 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed and a Sofa

Wrong infomation given by hotelstaff led to that I was ripped off taking a taxifare to the city.

The location..!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Bad

Not clean No facilities

It's too bad comparing price

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

If you are penny-pinching and one of those who fall for...

If you are penny-pinching and one of those who fall for discounted deals then this is the right place for you. Go ahead and book. You don't need to read the below. I will explain you the reasons why we did not have a decent holiday. I gave 2.5 score because Booking.com does not give any less than this. I wish I could give them minus scores for the deceit and Booking.com also poor scores for encouraging the deceit. Deceiving - swimming pool was not working - but their photos advertise swimming pool and they also promise this in the text. Deceiving - some parts of hotel are air conditioned but the rooms we stayed are NOT (spoke to some more guests, one of them was with an infant, all of them agreed with the problem). I think this is the perfect example of a deceit. Booking.com advertises the rooms as air-conditioned. When we complained the problem to staff, they started teaching us how to use a thermostat and one of them came to the room even said we should keep it always on 15c (not below) and open the windows. We slept in a room that recorded 37degrees at one point (we must confess it was a hot day but the room should have a thermal control as promised on the booking.com). Again the staff promised us that they will call a technician but they never did. What we learnt at the time of checkout was the rooms were not air-conditioned. They have a different definition for air conditioning. We also had a dysfunctional door lock and key system which was unpredictable. We decided to carry our passports and necessary stuff with us all the time so that even if we were locked out we can travel back home. One of the staff was least considerate at the time of our checkout and asked whether we even know how to use their super key system (although we stayed there for two nights and several staff from hotel tried with us and the key failed many times). One of them even promised to call a technician to sort the problem but never called any.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The room was done very well every day.

The hotel needs a renovation, toilet and bathroom are outdated. The airco hardly worked, Breakfast was too expensive.

The room was done very well every day.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

The hotel located at the lake, but no access to it, as we...

staff members, especially the afternoon shift, have limited knowledge of English, therefore communication was difficult. The first room located on the ground floor was really in bad situation, very dirty, and damp. We have requested before booking that we needed a quiet room, and we got a room which was very noisy, as there were students from the conference located next doors. not really an interesting experience. Besides, the hotel is rated as a four-star hotel, actually is it not. it should be rated as a 3-star hotel.

The hotel located at the lake, but no access to it, as we have to walk around the hotel to the lake.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Secure free parking, good free wifi, 24 hour reception and...

Rather run down, plastic bath with plastic shower over bath. Not very sound proof but you can close the door between the bedroom and bathroom and will make it quieter from corridor noise. Nowhere nearby to have food after midnight. Family room is large double, one single and a trundle bed not a sofa bed.

Secure free parking, good free wifi, 24 hour reception and friendly easy staff for check and check out, easy access by car into central Paris (20 mins) and much more reasonable price wise. Large enough room for 4 people. Good if you have a car and easy to get to after a concert at Accord Arena concert. Room service till midnight. Comfortable enough beds (firm)

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

Friendly staff, very comfortable & well equipped room...

Friendly staff, very comfortable & well equipped room & excellent buffet breakfast. Secure in site parking. Short walk to the Metro & only 25 minutes into Paris.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

Great Dinner and Breakfast!

Really difficult to reach. No idea which connections I should take. But if your there you learn that there is a bus station quite near! Not a problem of the site its a problem of informing!

Great Dinner and Breakfast! (Breakfast if not includes quite expensive! = 16.50€) Rooms nice and big enough. Beside a lake, nice view from parts of the hotel

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

It's safe, clean, cool, very nice sorrounding .

Hotel is too far to me to go to the proper... You must have free transporattion to subway to hotel,,, not all people can afford to go by taxi every time they like to go to the city proper.. Must provide free bus to to the subway so that everybody will be enterested to stay your place coz mostly like to move around...it's hard for an old person like me...

It's safe, clean, cool, very nice sorrounding ..have very nice garden...enternet connection is good ...

• Reviewed: 2 September 2015

The hotel was old need to renew specialy inside the room (toilets) The hotel was little hot also the rooms the AC not working that much!

The location Free parking

• Reviewed: 2 September 2015

Convenient, secure, location fine.

Rooms in need of update with door handles very hard to turn with heavy doors to push. Elderly parents struggled to get in and out of their room.

Convenient, secure, location fine. Great breakfast, although not included in room price.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

The location was excellent for our journeys to Disneyland...

Good breakfast but we could do with more variety like porridge, tomatoes, black pudding, fried eggs

The location was excellent for our journeys to Disneyland and Paris tour. Comfy rooms and friendly staff. Warm day we enjoyed the outside pool. Overall it was money worth

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Staff were excellent, helpful and polite.

Bed wasn't that great and the room decoration seemed tired.

Staff were excellent, helpful and polite. Food was quite good and a good selection at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

clean hotel.

the location is terrible. Creteil is a poor neighborhood and could be dangerous at night. It's far from central Paris so if you're travelling with children public transportation will be a hassle and could take you total of an hour. The pool is clean but it's not what's shown in the photos

clean hotel. adequate ameneties. breakfast was good with a good view on the lake. room comfortable and well furnished with an AC

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Staff on reception

Smell of cigarettes due to smokers being able to smoke with a fire door open. Dirty rooms Broken bed Poor service and rude young waitress for evening meal

Staff on reception Breakfast variety Location is ok

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

The stay was adequate have stayed in better

Location was not good, bar ran out of beer the one night we wanted to have a drink at bar and total lack of seating as we were told not to sit in a certain area as they had just cleaned the tables!!

The stay was adequate have stayed in better

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

Very clean and modern looking hotel, the room was nice and...

Getting to the metro wasn't quite as easy as expected. Pool closed a bit too early so we didn't get chance to use it.

Very clean and modern looking hotel, the room was nice and spacious, it had a nice bathroom and separate toilet room which is handy, and our view out the window was very pleasant. There was an interactive table with games on in the hotel lobby which the children enjoyed playing on which waiting for us to check in. Car parking was good and very close to the hotel entrance. Breakfast was fine, nothing special, but the usual selection of croissants, fruit, cereal and a small selection of hot food.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2015

It was ok for the purpose and i stayed just 1 night, but I...

Under the windows there is a parking of europcar trucks, they come and go. Room is very old looking. Corridors are dirty. Around hotel it's scarry... near a park

It was ok for the purpose and i stayed just 1 night, but I wouldn't be able stand longer.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Affordable hotel.

Not really a bad experience but location is about 30-40 mins from central Paris on Metro - but room was much cheaper than a central hotel.

Affordable hotel. Excellent view over lake. Quiet location. Friendly. Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 March 2015

lake view

all a bit run down, lots to fill out at checkin although all data was provided when booking, unwanted Registration for Accor Customer Loyalty Program

lake view

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

The English communication is great with the staff

The way the pool was not working yet

The English communication is great with the staff

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

It was really good me and my family had a good time I...

It was really good me and my family had a good time I recommend this hotel is lovely

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

Staff extremely helpful, good wifi connection

The moquette on the floors is a bit old

Staff extremely helpful, good wifi connection

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

6.0
    The lake

Old bulging

The lake

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

The lake nearby.

Hotel needs to be renovated - Cleaning is incomplete: see windows. Staff hardly competent.

The lake nearby.

There are also 38 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Novotel Paris Créteil Le Lac traveller photo gallery