Reviews of Hôtel D'Alsace 3 stars

5.1

5.5

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

I was awakened by the noise à 6 pm,

It was incredibly noisy à 6:00 am No toilets available except those in the room No power socket next to the table

The location next to Gare de l'Est

Avoid at all costs.

The absolutely worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Awful. Terrible. Rude and unpleasant manager. Bathroom not functional. Wish I could take back the last 11 nights I stayed and stay somewhere else.

Save your money. Don’t stay here

Went for my birthday, they didn’t say happy birthday or anything, quite hostile. Rooms needed maintenance. Tv doesn’t even work. Staff smoke inside. Rooms are tiny. Area is not great either(you have been warned).

Satisfied, will stay here again if I come back to Paris!

The elevator is very small and only go up to 4th floor. For Solo traveller only get room on 6th floor which you have to carry your luggage up and down the stairs.

Very comfy bed. Just right in front of Gare de I'est. Good location and convenient to travel to attractions. metro and bus stop just in front of hotel.

Good location close to the East and Nord railway stations...

The room was not clean. Bad smell everywhere in the hotel, even in the room. The bathroom was dirty too. Not friendly staff.

Good location close to the East and Nord railway stations and to the metro. Restaurant downstairs open until 2am.

ok for 1 night

small elevator , breakfast served in front of reception in the lobby on some cramped tables , it was pretty embarrassing to have breakfast in that place. I did not take breakfast there, they dask 8 euros for nothing .... receptionists was more busy with their friends,

the room was ok , good location , near gare du est and metro station

Good location, friendly staff, facilities severely lacking
    • Quadruple Room

Room very small, bed right up to radiator that came on at 4am nearly burning me, cleaners leave washing on spiral stairs creating trip hazard, lift absolutely tiny can fit only 2 people squashed together like sardines, carpets need to be hoovered much more thoroughly, only 4 hangers in wardrobe but 4 occupants in room, bathroom shelf hanging off the wall, no hooks or storage, only left 2 towels for 4 people although happy to give more when asked, toilet squashed into the smallest space- large people would not be able to use, no mirror above dressing table.

Good location, staff friendly

• Quadruple Room

Leakage in the room, made the whole place smell and in general just not value for money would rather go Ibis

Friendly staff and location is really good

Good price, clean room
    • Quadruple Room

problems with power supply small room and bathroom

cleaning everyday fresh towels everyday very comfortable beds reception 24/7 close to metro station

Unsatisfied

A lot of noice from hotel's personal and others. No chance for rest and good sleep. All pictures from hotel site are fake.

The position next to train station. Warm in the room.

The room was in a really bad shape.

The room was in a really bad shape. Lot of things broken, the shower was with a lot of pubic hair. In general was not like the images on the website. However, the people and the location were nice.

The double room was pretty comfy, however this room (in...

The staff wasn’t really welcoming, I actually had to wait for about 20minutes the very first day I arrived before someone got me a room, the breakfast service is really “poor”, not so much choices, and quality 3/5. Plus, I’ve witnessed a lot of different noises, some were coming from outside the hotel and some from the inside, I could hear every single noises of my neighbors, which was upsetting sometimes.

The double room was pretty comfy, however this room (in which I was alone) was quite small for one person so I cannot imagine how it could be if there is two in this one. So I’d recommend a triple room for a couple, whether this couple wants a little bit more space of course. But, the room was clean, TV’s good, bed’s as well, and the small bathroom was really nice.

ok for one night

the toilet was extremely small.

room was very compact, very little space to move around. the toilet was the smallest most narrow I have ever encountered, and I'm not huge. If you are fat or over weight this is not the place for you...

Not so clean
    • Quadruple Room

We didn't liked the cleaning, I was terrible, at the bathroom there was some durty bihind the door that wasn't removed from the day we arrived until we go. The smell of the rooms and the hall smell cigarettes.

I really like the location of the hotel, it is very close to metro station, just walk out and there is one.

Good enough, but without good heating system and needs windows renovation.

The heating is not enough and it's slow (there are no extra blankets). Windows are not good for isolation of temperature-light-sound, so it needs window renovation. In addition, I arrived at midnight in january, the window was open, it was freezing cold in the room, and at the reception they told me to close it and wait the room heated...

Near Metro

Great value for money, friendly staff and clean rooms.

A couple of lights didn't work and tiles missing in the bathroom but not a huge problem.

Convenient for the station. Clean. Comfortable beds. Good value.

The staff and the location was really good.

Everything is suuuper tiny, the lift, the room, the bathroom etc. the lift is only for one person. There is no space to put your luggage on the floor, so it’s very uncomfortable.

The staff and the location was really good. The bed was super comfy

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Good stay, nice location except the small room, elevator and smoke smells
    • Two Adjacent Family Rooms

Very small elevator (max 2 person with one cabin luggage) and there are strong smell of smoking

Great location! But the elevator and the room are quite small.

Only localization was not bad - 2 min to Gare du'Nord
    • Two Adjacent Family Rooms

It could be more clean. Also - why would you need four beds in a room which was booked for three people? There was no way to get from one corner to another without trouble - to less space. Also this horrible smell going from nowhere... We even had a situation on the last night of stay - we could not get out of our hotel because there was a police fighting with some men and we were just afraid to get out. The receptionist said this is a usual thing in this district. So if you are traveling with kids or want to have a really nice and romantic vacations - do not book this place.

Only localization was not bad - 2 min to Gare du'Nord

I've never been to a hotel before where the staff was on this level of being unfriendly

The staff was super unprofessional and unfriendly. It's super tight in the entire hotel and we had some problems with our bathroom. The staff at night was the worst. We've never been treated that bad. We only got one key for 3 people and when we entered the hotel separated, they asked us for a key and got super unfriendly when I wasn't able to show them the key because we got only one and my friend went back to the hotel with the key earlier than I did. WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!

The worst hotel I have stayed
    • Quadruple Room

The staff don’t wanna give any information. They refused to call a taxi for us when we wanted to go to the airport. The neighbourhood was crap. The bedroom we were in was tiny. The heating in our room wasn’t working and anytime we asked for help, we never got. The receptionist was rude at my mam because he thought she wasn’t in hotel. There’s no bar in the hotel, there’s no restaurant, the breakfast is horrible, the room service is on afternoon and they leave everything on floor. To be honest is the worst I have stayed.

Don't go there. Maintenance was not done. Breakfast not good.

False advertising. Said had a lift. It was a one-person size lift, not an elevator, and required stairs to get to it. The rooms were super small. The showers were ridiculously small so you couldn't pick up soap you dropped without opening door and getting the floor wet. Carpets dirty.

Front desk clerk at night was awesome, very friendly, but he couldn't get anything repaired. (Other staff were surely, especially kitchen woman.)

Better to pay more and get a proper 3 star room in another hotel

Really tiny room, not clean, I remained without power/light on the morning, the lift is so tiny that you hardly can hold yourself with a luggage...last but not least, the neighborhood is a real violent urban jungle on the evening...

Location in front of the station "gare de l'est" is the only reason to book this hotel

Location was too good.
    • Quadruple Room

only lift size problem and also a little compact lobby and common area... if 1-2 day stay then can be good for 4 but for more than two days good for maximum 3 persons..

Location was too good...breakfast good.. clean.. overall value for money... happy to stay there with my family.. :)

Awe full experience. DO

Same as above.

Staff was not helpful, room small for four people. Only one towel, no air, no light bulbs in lights, no tv, smelled like smoke. Door of hotel broke, I asked staff what happened and they said they were offended by me asking. I asked about security and they said it’s manned. We went to eat came back and the desk person was in the back smoking. No security at front door. Doors wide open. Do not recommend especially with children. Terrible experience.

Good location but disappointing interiour with mice

The pictures on the homepage look much more modern, cleaner and more spacious.The carpet had some wet bits which did not dry over the weekend we stayed. Really difficult for us was that there was a mouse if not more mice in our room eating the snacks we had with us and making noise during the nights. The walls were pretty thin, but with ear plugs it was alright.

The location is very central and handy to reach from gare de l'est and gare du nord. The 24h reception gives you flexibility.

Crappy service, filthy hotel, robbing manager. DO NOT STAY HERE.

The hotel is FILTHY. It's falling apart and not in that romanticised, crumbing Parisian way you could accept. Breakfast was 15 euros extra for stale pastry's and bread, some Nutella and jam. Coffee not included in this price. They initially gave me the keys to someone else's room. Finally, I get into my own room to find part of the bathroom wall crumbling and the shower door doesn't really open. Bathroom smells like stale urine. Tiles loose, full of mould. Because the wall is crumbling there is dust and paint on the carpet. The carpet is dirty and makes me feel uneasy so I don't remove my shoes until I have to get into bed. Someone has put a cigarette out on the wall next to the window - this hasn't been cleaned. There is also ash from said cigarette all over the window sill. The bed itself was comfortable aside from the suspect stains all over the throw at the end of the bed - which looks like it hasn't been washed. There was also a ball of rolled up snot on the wall - beyond disgusting. After the first night which involved me being woken up by someone knocking on my door at 4.30AM I decided to leave and find another hotel. I spoke to the manager who I told I would pay for 2 nights but wasn't happy paying the last night he agreed and let me go with only paying 2 nights. He invoiced me for the 2 nights and then I found out later that he had taken money for the final night before my stay even though he assured me fully that this was only being held and it would be refunded to me. The money wasn't refunded to me and they kept that last nights money. When I contacted them they said they wouldn't refund me. They are liars and robbers. DO NOT STAY HERE. It may be cheap but I would not recommend this to anyone.

Location was good, but wouldn't stay here again if someone paid me.

This place should be shut down

Everything - do not stay there This is not a 3 star hotel it's a health and safety violation. lift up to 4th floor only, I saw mice, when opened the window random unidentified wood chips fell on the floor, hair in the bed, stain on the toilet seat, damp, wall paper falling off, staff doesn't give a damn but not rude, just beyond caring.

nothing - the fact that it's a good location doesn't make up for any of it

Happy to leave the hotel

Terrible location; very noisy ; very small elevator; hardly fit one person and it's luggage ; dirty and not friendly staff; totally not worthy for the value of money

Worst hotel I ever stayed in.

Very clutted room, mould smell in the toilet, 2 double beds inside room for a single request, balcony doors don't open fully, little space to move inside the room, dated & broken furniture, poor cleaning, walls & windows falling apart & in real need of refurbish, smells of cigarette all over the hotel, very poor facilities, awful toilet facilities. Besides some positive reviews by others, this hotel is of really poor condition & the worst hotel I've ever been to. Very expensive - €100/night, including a breakfast that you can't really call breakfast. Very poor breakfast food choices...super basic to hostel level & it only starts from 7.15am. Never seen such a late start to breakfast service! People smoking all over the hotel, besides "not allowed"...so really unpleasant. The smoke was on all floors & corridors. My room was on the top floor, according to the receptionist, the "VIP" room...i couldn't really see where VIP, but voila! My room had 2 double beds, besides my booking for a single. No or very little space to move around the room...basically just enough to walk through. Furniture blocking the opening of the balcony doors & some lights not working, nor was working the room telephone. The toilet very very small...difficult to move around. Furniture old & falling apart in the toilet. Toilet also smelled mould quite badly. I had to keep one of the balcony doors opened to ventilated the room, the one that could partially open at least. Fire extinguisher poorly maintained in the corridor with a loose hose. The public staying in was varied...from loud people to some few business travellers like myself. There was a lot of negatives, but I just wanted to mention the positives too. 1- Good central location, within 9 minutes walk from Gare du nord station, for Eurostar travellers like me very convenient. 2- Great city views over the top floor.

Great city views from 5th floor room Comfortable & clean bed & linen Polite reception staff

It was an amazing trip, overall!!

My room was on the 6th floor, and the elavator only goes to the 4th floor, so i had to carry my luggage to my room, and ther was no one to help me with the lugage

I like that the rooms were affordable, and the staff were nice

Horrible experience

We arrived for check in at 2:00 p.m., as requested and the rooms were not ready. We were asked to wait another 30 minutes until the rooms were ready. When we were given the rooms the smell inside the rooms was terrible and you could still see gray spots on the toilets and the sinks from being cleaned with a dirty rag. We left our suitcases and returned at 8:30 p.m., when we were getting ready for a shower I saw a tiny mouse run underneath the bed and when I tried to put on my shoes to go to complain to the reception there was another one inside my tennis shoe. I went downstairs to demand a refund and the man at the reception told me that was not possible and that all hotels near the train station had mice. I continued arguing and he simply left me talking and walked outside the hotel, as he said that his shift was over and I had to wait until the morning to speak to the manager. When I explained that we were returning to the United States the next morning he told me that there was nothing else that he could do and he left me speaking to myself. After half and hour he returned to the reception and simply ignored me while speaking. THIS type of treatment when you are a customer is simply unacceptable. We have been longtime customers of booking.com and this is the first time a hotel does not live up to our expectations, this hotel definitely does not deserve to be on your list. We new it was a 3 star hotel and simply took it because it was across the street from the train station but we never expected it to be so dirty. Sandra Dejeux

Old dirty hotel in good location
    • Quadruple Room

Room was dirty and must be renewed. Power sockets doesn't work. Noisy , bar and bus station are located under the windows (we lived on 2nd floor)

Not far from city centre, just few steps from metro Gare de l'Est and bus stations. Restaurants and bars nearby (include fast-food Burger King and McDonald's). Grocery shops that works at night located around 500m from the hostel.

If you want to share the ambience of a medieval city in a modern motel, this is it.

The Campanile Bayeux was just perfect and we would have stayed longer but we had other assignations that awaited us.

This hotel, even though it is a tourist hotel still feels very intimate. It is just at the edge of the city/village of Bayeux and a nearby pasture gave you a feeling of rural peace.

The location was convenient to most things such as the train...

It was very hot in the room all night, and not the most comfortable for 3 people in terms of room size.

The location was convenient to most things such as the train station, which you could see from the main entrance.

Budget Accommodation.

Very small room. Only 1 towel given for 2 guests (we asked and a second towel wasn't supplied). No air con. Noisy with the window a open.

Budget Accommodation. Out of the way but very close to metro.

Very helpful & welcoming staff.

Would have been good to have a kettle/ tea making facilities in the room.They do have a communal vending machine thing available though.

Very helpful & welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Great location needs a bit of work
    • Quadruple Room

Bathroom needs major updating as the shower leaked everywhere and into the bedroom when in use. Window didn't close in the room properly.

Great location and free wifi. Great value for money

Unpleasant stay.
    • Quadruple Room

Personnel attitude was horrible, this is not a 3 starts hotel,may be a 2 if not 1, elevators are tiny, bathrooms need a make over, and customer service needs 100% improvement.

The bed sheets.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Nice location but lack of facilities
    • Quadruple Room

The lady at check in was quite rude, she did not understand our needs. Was not very satisfied with her!

The room we had was apparently the biggest they have in the hotel, it was nice and comfortable. Hadid was very helpful!

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The locations was perfect for what we needed.
    • Quadruple Room

The room was very crowded. The paint was peeling in the bathroom. It was also very loud at night making it difficult to sleep.

The locations was perfect for what we needed.

Great location; a good place to rest your head.

Greeted by a smell of smoke throughout the hotel. No toilet rolls in the room. Only one pillow each with no extras. Asked for a room with a view- the view was a brick wall. Only one set of towels for two people, we requested more. Beds were a bit hard but after the day we'd had were still good. Had to leave the key at the hotel and weren't able to take it with you. No safe. The toilet seat was broken...

The location Staff seemed nice. Blackout blinds meant I could actually get some sleep! Shower was lovely.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The bed was comfy and the location is outstanding for...

There were cigarette burns on the carpet and an awful smell from the bathroom/sewer when we arrived to the room. After flushing the toilet a lot and leaving the bedroom window open, the smell eventually cleared.

The bed was comfy and the location is outstanding for connections around the city.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Staff were rude & unhelpful had no hot water for the entire trip , sheets had blood on them when we arrived, room smelt of smoke.honestly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Avoid at all costs.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

near the east station
    • Quadruple Room

the first room smelled of someone else's sweat in bedding. so I changed room, but the second room smelled of cigarettes. Check-in time was 2 o'clock, but it was not until 3 o'clock that I could check in. The room that I changed was not cleaned until 6 o'clock. I thought the bedding was not clean. so, I and friends slept without covering the blanket.

near the east station

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Not what we expected...
    • Adjacent Rooms

The rooms were not what we thought, the whole hotel smelled like Diesel fuel, (fixing the water heating system). We had absolutely no hot water in the very early hours of the morning in December...very uncomfortable to bath in freezing water for the whole family...very noisy all night long with people talking and doors slamming.

Staff was nice enough and the hotel was in front of the train station so we could walk there the next morning.

Location is good .
    • Adjacent Rooms

The rooms too small . We have to walk sideways to go in the shower area. There was no electric jug . No complimentary beverages. I borrow the electric jug fm reception but in already in bad condition, all insulated is damaged with white particles. The corridor lights should have sensor. We have to leave our rooms key to reception, cannot bring with us . Good location.

Location is good . Easy to get food & supermarket is just around.

The location was great.
    • Two Adjacent Family Rooms

The hotel itself didn't look that great. Prior to checking in family members began looking for other nearby hotels, but once checking -in the room made up for it slightly. Our room was about a 2.5-3 stars. Things were broken and furniture was placed where they weren't meant to be (desk was half in front of a heater because it didn't fit). Room was cluttered

The location was great. They were also able to place two rooms together, which both had great views.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Just for sleep

Unfortunately room and bathroom was very small it is not same as at booking website and elevator is very small you can not get in 2 people.

Location and staffs are very frindy and helpful especially Mr.Hamit specail thanks for him wifis is fast.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

When you just need a break

The elevator in the hotel is only available from the ground to the 4th floor — my room (a tiny one but with a nice view on the gate de l'est and blvd de strasbourg — this may be bad for those who prefer quiet room as the streets in Paris are very noisy) was on the 6th floor and I had to take my suitcase up and down the stairs myself. The bathroom could have been cleaner. The receptionist wasn't very friendly, she didn't even let me use the WC on the day of check out before leaving.

The receptionist wasn't very friendly, she didn't even let me use the WC on the day of check out before leaving. Though the night shift guy was quite nice. The elevator in the hotel is only available from the ground to the 4th floor — my room (a tiny one but with a nice view on the gate de l'est and blvd de strasbourg — this may be bad for those who prefer quiet room as the streets in Paris are very noisy) was on the 6th floor and I had to take my suitcase up and down the stairs myself. The bathroom could have been cleaner. The location, wifi quality and price are ok.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

I cannot understand how this hotel has 3 stars

Very noisy, the room smelled of cigarette smoke as the night manager smoked inside the property and it drifted up the stairs. The breakfast was very limited although what was on offer was good quality.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Good location and helpfull staff..

The bathroom tap were broken..n can't be repair .bathroom water leak to downstairs ..Room is too small for 3 pax..they should put double decker bed since the room is too damm small

The front office n other staff were excellent n helpfull

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

not a good experience.

they have no lift after 4th floor, they have given room at sixth floor, i have take all my baggage from stairs. They have not even help me to take my baggage to room. Breakfast is pathetic.

bed is comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Location near train station.

The room was to small, no sun light, the smell of the room was bad, after five minutes the mice appear in the room, we left the room in the middle of the night, and after our insist they only give us back half of money. Worst hotel that we ever been

Location near train station.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Beware & take care of your belongings inside this hotel !

Beware and take care of your belongings inside this hotel! I was robbed of my suitcase including my cash, air-tickets & credit cards right in front of the reception desk while checking-in. The receptionist was of no help & claimed that cctv was out of order - so the police could not track the thief as well.

Location is right in front of Gare dl'est & rooms are clean.

Property staff and there lift

Property staff and there lift

Not rexommended!
    • Quadruple Room

No aircondition! Very noisy outside.

I like only the location! Next to major transport

No facility and safety

It did not cost to pay that much for this property with no facilities

Proximity to public transport

Room was too small

Proximity to public transport

I got out as soon as I could. Will never return

The cleanliness. Value for money very poor

I book the taxi to airport.

I book the taxi to airport. In the reception they mention the price €70, but ended up, in the taxi. They charge me €95 to the airport.

Comfortable bed

No sound proof

Comfortable bed

Lift and check-in Time

Cheap, but dirty.

Dirty bathroom! The toilet had yellow stains (as if somebody pissed on it) and the shower was full of limescale.

Good location, friendly staff.

Terrible

Location , people very friendly

They told us that a taxi (booked by them) to the Orly Aeroport was 35 euros and we pay 50 euros.

Location , people very friendly

Location, staff

I stayed on the 6th floor, elevator only reached the 4th, extra 2 floors were obsolete

Location, staff

The location was near to the main metro station

Breakfast course was brief

The location was near to the main metro station

No save your maney in the security box take care.

No save your maney in the security box take care.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Very good for the price
    • Quadruple Room

The girl at the reception she was rudeeeee

The bed comfy af

Nothing much

Lift for upper floor

Privacy

Hamed was very helpful and gave me some great...

Hamed was very helpful and gave me some great recommendations. Not only that, he always greeted me with a smile. Loved my stay here

The elevator is really small, and it broke when I was...

The elevator is really small, and it broke when I was leaving the hotel. Because of this accident, I have to pay more for the taxi.

worst hatel I stay

old facilities, ougly rooms, too small, expensive for what you receive

Two days with family