Reviews of Hotel d'Amiens 3 stars

11 Rue des Deux Gares, 10th arr., 75010 Paris, France

#852 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Based on 2064 hotel reviews

Walls were dirty, the area was quite shady, the staff was not so welcoming or talkative. The room lacked some facilities, such as an iron and iron board, mini fridge, no milk or coffee. WiFi signal was a joke. All of this for such a quite expensive price for only 5 days... Not going back.

Location was good and the bed was comfortable. Shower and view were amazing.

Poor wi-fi, ear-plugs recommended - street is really busy during the night

Excellent location, 2 min from Gare d'Est, comfortable room, great breakfast

The bed was realy hard, it felt like I was lying on a rock. The room was very small, but that is normal in Paris (i heard). There is a big air conditioning unit in the wall, but it did not work. There was only a little and dirty fan. The men who checked us in only talked 3 or 4 sentences to us. Breakfast was small and until 10 is realy until 10, cause 10:10 everything was gone... The last negative point is the neighborhood is not that ok in the evening.

The weather was good, had a great weekend with my partner. Enjoyed the city and loved to see all the highlights. The hotel was close to our parking we booked on an other website. There was breakfast, it was small but ok.

While the hotel was nice, the room we were put in was awful, window opened on to a flat roof against a wall which meant the room had no natural light at all, it was literally pitch black in the middle of the day. Didn't feel we could have the window open as we weren't sure how secure it would be. Perhaps we should have asked to move but we hate causing a fuss so didn't feel comfortable doing so. By far the worst room I've ever been allocated and have stayed in many hotels. Room number was 106.

Location was good for us, very close to Gare du Nord and handy for Metro. Weather was so good that we were actually able to walk to most areas from the hotel which was great. Housekeeping were excellent and the hotel was clean and tidy.

The air condition was not working properly

Conveniently located in a short walking distance from Gare de Nord (and Gare de l'Est). A quite small room but OK for one. Good shower.

The area bit noisy during evening/night time. Air conditioning not work! Lucky they provide table fan.

Close to Gare Du Nord train station. Lot of restaurant and bar nearby. Small room but all ok for solo traveler like me.

Breakfast was disappointing. Very small selection of items. No fresh fruit available.

It's in a very convenient location. Property is nicely decorated and well maintained. Absolutely spotless. I had a double room on the top floor which was a very generous size and very comfortable. One final thing, due to the national strike on 22 May my travel plans changed at short notice. The hotel was very kind about the cancellation and rearranged dates which I really appreciated.

staff at front desk was not very nice all the time, would not recommend staying at the neighborhood if you are a woman walking alone late at night, room was extremely small.

hotel was very near to gare du nord and gare d lest

Small irritation - My key card needed to be re-encoded every night. The hotel staff suspected that the card got demagnetized because I kept it together with my phone. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this but I don't have similar experiences with other hotel's key cards.

I enjoy the location the most as it is conveniently between two train stations (Gare du Nord and Gare De L'est). The place is also clean and comfortable and meets my expectation as a solo traveller.

On arrival waited 30 minutes for a member of staff to come to reception. The cleaner helped us check in, but could not give us a key just a card with the number on, we had to go back for key later. Directly opposite our room, 102 there were building works going on, which we were not informed of when booking. After a long day out we got a taxi home and drove past a lot of individuals hanging about in the road, it did make me feel intimidated, this was worsened by the cab driver saying that our hotel isn’t in a particularly safe area. Upon checking out my husband asked about the air con controller fitted in our room yet there was no air con, to be told this was what the work opposite our room was for. The guy at reception rudely told us the hotel ad didn’t say air con, well if we’re going down that route it didn’t tell me about the builders either. Very rude service at reception. Seems like I’m a moaner but have travelled a lot and feel this hotel is extremely overpriced with rude staff and no pillows!

The property is located very close to the Gare Du Nord, so exceptionally handy if travelling by Eurostar. Breakfast range was good. Room was clean and comfortable

It was nosiy. No hand wash was provided. Room was smaller than I expected. Bath not vey clean when first arrived.

The interior design and location of the hotel.

A man on the desk is not perfectly helpful. Or it seemed like this for me. Didn't behave as he had to working hotel-services industry.

Good value for money and perfect location for travelers who have train to/from North or East Railway station. Nothing special but for the money I've booked it it's a good option

A shower cabin could have had a shower lap.

The place is easy to find and it's close to the train ans metro station. Lots of cheap restaurants around. Close to the food stores and the restaurants which locals appreciate a lot.

Did not have coffee in the rooms but there was coffee machine in the lobby which the receptionist let us use :)

Staff are amazing , very close to train station, very affordable prices, would stay in again

Incredible "bang for buck". Room was very O.K., the location is so convenient for the Eurostar and you can walk to most places in Paris within the hour. Breakfast was very basic but decent. Staff excellent.

The staff was not that friendly and welcoming as we would hope from the beginning till the end. The room was also not that clean, especially the bathroom which had stains in the shower. However these could be again forgiven considering the good price that you paying.

It is a vey good value for the money,especially since it’s Paris. The location is really good close to the station du Nord from where you can take metro but also bike yourself and if you are the “walker” type of tourist walk to the centre in around half an hour. The view from the room is also quite pleasing on another building with a typical French exterior.

Everything was great. Until the day before my departure, both my luggage cases' locks were broken and they had been opened. I did not put any money in my luggage, so nothing was stolen. However it's quite scaring that someone had entered my room and tried to break the luggage cases. I reported to the reception but nothing else they can do as I did not lose things. For every customer who plan to stay here, you have to be very careful with the security of valuable things.

The room is clean and comfortable compared with other business hotels in the same neighborhood.

Unfortunately, the room and the bathroom were very very small.

d'Amiens is very close to Nord and l'Est train stations, around 5minutes far by walk. We had a train at 6am from Nord to Brussels, and the hotel meet our need to reach the station by walk early in the morning. Although train station areas is not safe commonly, we didnt face with any problems both in morning and at returns late at night. Line 7 from l'Est is enough to reach popular attractions of Paris very fast. The room was in modern-look, clean and warm. The bathroom was too. But they were both too small. There were hair dryer and soap/shampoo in the bathroom, and the towels were clean. Internet was good. There were many restaurants around the hotel.

The carpet both in the room and in the corridor is very dirty. The corridor is very narrow. The elevator is very bumpy. Some of the staff is very unfriendly (others only OK).

Close to the metro station Gare l'Est (not sure I spelled it correctly). Many shops nearby (most of which are Turkish/Asian, which I personally don't like, but that depends on your taste).

Air conditioning didn’t work in the room. Also one of our lamps. The pillows were big and square with a big headboard which left you with your feet hanging off the bed.

Great location with friendly members of staff. Comfy beds.

Oh dear, the neighborhood getting there is a bit on the shady side, but that can't really be helped.

The employee at the reception desk was incredibly kind and accommodating! He doesn't take any nonsense, but is definitely willing to listen and help out if you have any questions or issues. Nice lobby and delicious cafe au laits!

No fire evacuation in the room. Very small shower room/toilet.

Location was ideal for our needs. Helpful for looking after our cases after check out.

The room it’s to small for a double room, I had a problem with the sink it’s blocked from the first day and no body responds to my call 😕

The little balcony that I had

The photos were absolutely not as on pictures. They were really photoshopped and the hotel looked much worse than on photos. Everything was quite old and a bit dirty (furniture, carpets, doors, elevator,..). The room smelled with and oldish accent and was really small. When we asked for an upgrade (we offered to pay more), they said there were no better rooms. The location is scary. We were shouted at by the weird people around and we were afraid. The hotel is also not very close to anything - just the metro station is around the corner. We wanted to get some toothbrushes as we did not take any but there were no available (a receptionist guy told us like he did not care at all). When checking out, we were told we did not pay (which we did through booking.com with a receipt) and they wanted us to pay again. We would be more satisfied in a hostel next time for the price we paid compared to the quality of the hotel and the service we received.

Rude behaviour of reception. One Mr.Moosa behaved to us like we stayed there free on his account. Very poor breakfast with few bread and limited piece of sausage. Drinking water wont provide. If we ask or argue that we paid for breakfast, they will take pipewater and give us. Very narrow corridor which is less than standard size. Sure it is not accordance with safty rule of any emergency exit.

It was very cold in the room, the blankets were not really keeping us warm and I couldn’t turn on the heating. The staff wasn’t always helpfull and the last day we had to check-out and catch our train, but we were waiting for 20 minutes and there was nobody at the reception. My boyfriend tried looking for someone upstairs and found a nice cleaning lady to check us out. I think the staff was unproffesional and I won’t be staying here again. The bathroom was also were small.

The location was very good. Have been going to this hotel for years.

The street itself isn't the best but you are less than 3 minutes walk from Gare du Nord which has excellent links across the city. We felt safe and the convenience of the room to the Eurostar was a real plus for us.

The hotel is beautiful having been recently refurbished. The room was a very good size compared to other rooms I've had in Paris. The room was clean and quiet and had everything you would expect for the price. The bed was comfy, the shower was powerful and warm, safe included in room. The hotel also looked after our luggage in a secure locked room during the day of our check out before our train.

Shower had a bit mildew on the sealant so that could be dealt with. There was no milk visible at breakfast.

Location to Gare du Nord was superb. Nice quiet rooms with a decent shower room. I literally spent the night as was there on business and it suited our needs perfectly.

Breakfast is limited choices. the rest all perfect

My room is very clean and enough space for my luggage. Place is amazing, it is near the busy are of gare du nord, but we did not hear any sound from outside. Room is sound proof, so I slept well.

Once we entered hotel, somebody stole handbag of my colleague. No camera in the lobby, so we can't find the person. Restaurant for breakfast was very very cold in the morning. And breakfast were too poor for price they asked. Wi-Fi should be little bit faster.

Room was OK, bathroom clean, everyday they change towels. Nice cosy hotel.

As we were travelling with a toddler, we felt that the waste bin was quite small and it spilled out each day. Everything else was ok.

The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the Gare du Nord. The room was clean and bit bigger than what you normally you get in Paris. Breakfast was quite good, the staff was friendly, wifi worked well. We also got complimentary electric kettle and tea. We would surely recommend this hotel to other travelers.

There is dust on the rungs of the stair railing (if you are not using the elevator).

the location between the two rail stations ( about 200 m) : gare du Nord and gare de L'Est

No coffee (only tea) provided in the room and the shower gel/shampoo was not replaced the morning after

Very nicely decorated, clean and good size room/bath. Not noisy although the room was on the road (4th floor). Convenient location for Gare du Nord station and plenty of transport options

The bathroom was very small and the shower tray didnt drain ,had to stop the shower a few times to let the water drain off so as not to flood the bathroom. The shower gel sachet was very bad quality , would be better with nothing.

Staff were friendly and helpful ,location to the station was great. Decor very nice

I will change the mattress as it was a little too firm for my taste

Really nice room, very clean. Really close to gare du nord so it is well connect to the train and metro station. Staffs were really nice.

Would be nice to have BBC on the tv.

Staff was very helpful. When I arrived from my trans-atlantic flight in the morning, the gentleman was able to provide a room straight away so I could change and relax. Had to take the RER very early to CDG airport, so walking there in 5 minutes made it easy.

Double bed is too small. It's roughly 10cm wider than an american size twin bed. Even for average body type is not comfortable, specially for a pregnant woman like me. Bathroom is also cramped in a very tight space. There's an electric kettle and 2 cups but only offered tea bags and no coffee. Not for family with small child. French window opens to a small balcony with wide-gapped railings, not very safe to keep open.

Very good location, a 5mins walk from Gare de l'Est/Nord, a lot of restaurants in the area, near metro and bus stop too. Clean hotel

Area wasn't great at night, but may not be an issue for men. That has more to do with the area around Gare de Nord than the hotel itself. I was able to stand outside the hotel and felt comfortable doing so. Also, because I got in so late and didn't want to walk around at night by myself, I asked the receptionist about food delivery service. He gave me pizza coupons. I eventually discovered that UberEats services the area and ordered a wonderful Indian meal. Would have been nice if the receptionist had more suggestions, especially because the hotel likely gets travelers on their way elsewhere by train.

Bed was firm and comfy. Clean rooms. Tea and kettle were wonderful after a long, rather difficult day. Within 3 minutes walking to Gare de Nord!

Bathroom not so clean, mould in the shower and on the shower handle, sink tap missing and showing some dirty gunk...

Location, walking distance to Gare du Nord and Gare de lEst.

Very decent budget accommodation. When I travel I spend very little time in the accommodation so Hotel d'Amiens was perfect. Clean, decent bed and the girl on reception was very nice.

Shower area was too small

Easy to access. Restaurants close-by... McD ,burger king , subway and other Indian restaurant. Big bus tour stop 11 was close by.

I can't think of any for the price paid.

The location is absolutely amazing. Nestled between Gare du Nord and Gare du L'est. Meaning you have many metro option go around Paris and back. This area of Paris is also known as Little India. There are plenty of halal food in your immediate surrounding. The hotel is newly refurbished and absolutely clean with decent modern decor. The room is small (this is europe) but very very warm. Breakfast is simple but have nice croissant, fluffy scramble egg and tasty juice. Enough to fill you for rest of the morning.

The room was really small and I had one with a shower because that’s what they had left. The shower wasn’t convenient with a 15 months old baby

I like the location near la Gare du Nord as was traveling with Eurostar it’s only 4mins walk away

Hotel was ok Locatiom was ok Staff at front desk was so rude and not helpfull at all. Rooms were not wo cleaned Staff was as mot helpful at all

Very good location, close to train and tube station. Quite basic hotel but good value for money. The only thing which I think could be better is breakfats.

The towel did smell bad and it’d be better if the blanket was thicker. There was no coffee/milk in the room. Overall the comfort is not bad.

The room cleanliness and very helpful reception.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The walls are very thin and I could hear everything being said and done in the room on either side.

Excellent value for the price. I have paid the same or more in other Paris hotels and they have been disgusting. Great location of hotel and very good standard room.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The lift want working in the morning of the second day of my stay but it was fixed a little later in the afternoon.

The staff were friendly and helpful.The hotel is very close to the Gare du Nord station and there are many cafes, restaurants and shops in the area.I had a lovely stay at the hotel and will highly recommend it to everyone.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

in booking it was checked with parking but there was no parking!! I didn't like the area at all!!!I didn't feel too safe going around there plus it was very dirty area just 3km from louvre...

Clean rooms with nice beds and tv!the personnel was really helpful about everything I asked for!!!many restaurants and bars around and metro station at 100m!!!

Hotel is full value of money. But breakfast is not value of money. Because of less food in breakfast.

Hotel staff is very friendly ,It's just 300 meters from Gare Du nord station,nice breakfast. But less food .

Due too poor soundproofing of the entrance door, you could hear when people was walking through the hall.

The room was pretty small (I guess this is French tradition), but cozy at the same time. There was enough space to store clothes and other things. Stuff was super friendly, providing us with everithing we needed. Bathroom was also small, but clean and very light. One of the most important things was location; 3min to Gare du Nord Metro station.

The lift was very noisy and i could hear it throughout the night. Poor lighting in the room. No shower gel/shampoo at the shower.

Location very convenient

Shower cubicle very small. Rooms a little to warm. (Shouldn't complain about it really)

Room size adequate for one person. Fairly quiet hotel. Very close to Gard d Nord.

We stayed in 201, Starting with the room: For a triple room, The room was very small, We were 3 boys, and if we had 3 suitcases, we wouldn't have had any rooms to move around. You need a mirror in the room. Although there is a mirror in the bathroom, the extractor fan didn't work, so the mirror was steamy after shower. There was a kettle in the room, but no tea or coffee was provided. Safe didn't work we had to call the reception guy to open it. We stayed 3 nights, and on the last night I went down at 04.00am as no one was picking the phone up, to find the reception guy fast asleep in the restaurant section. Eventually when he woke up, I asked for a taxi, he got really cross with me, started to ask me why I didn't ask for taxi before, and he was telling me that,"this is Paris there no taxis at that time"!! I decided to leave and My friend came down, eventually he managed to call a taxi. (Taxi driver also told me that the hotel gets commission for taxi calling, so the taxi drive charges the customer more, so they can give two euro to the hotel, (I find that disappointing) I hope the management team will read this as I am really disappointed with the service I received from the reception staff.

Location was fantastic. Everything on the door step, (Asian Area, felt pretty safe)

Room was a little noisy as it faced the road. Also at breakfast they were slow to clear tables from people having eaten breakfast. Have paid less to stay in better centrally located hotels

Location was good

Staff, room was very small and congested and untidy, no AC, floor was not clean, staff at reception very rude, no consideration for family travelling with infants

good clean and in a reasonably safe area with a really good pub with food 40 yards up the street. good sized room and reasonable breakfast

I found the hotel's accommodations quite suitable for my purposes: a single man, alone, and in Paris specifically to visit a friend who lives in the city. The location is most convenient because of its proximity to Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est. You can walk there quickly and directly, thereby avoiding confusion, disorientation, or getting lost. It's then quite easy to get to other parts of the city; likewise, it's little hassle to leave (in my case on the train to the airport). This was my second stay at the hotel. I enjoy grabbing breakfast at the nearby cafe, P'tite Bougnate (great staff, very friendly).

I left the hotel before my friend as we set for different journey. I had already paid by credit card on internet and when my friend was leaving to take her train she was stopped and asked to pay. They made her to wait an hour. They could not reach me because my phone was not connected. At the end they left her to leave. It was very embrazing.

I'll ask for a room with windows going to the side courtyard next time, as the front room, while larger, is a bit noisy and you feel overlooked. The following is not a criticism, but rather an observation: the ceiling lights are a bit stark; there are no pictures on the walls of the room, i.e. it feels slightly impersonal for an Art Hotel. The area does not feel that super after dark but that is not the hotel's fault.

A perfect overnight option if changing between Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est. Reasonable in price, tastefully decorated and quite recently refurbished, with a good-quality kettle in the room.

For the price, nothing could have been better

Excellent location between Gare du Nord and Gare du l’est. easy to access Paris attractions. Near to budget eateries. Friendly staff willing to answer any queries. Room small but clean and comfortable, with all facilities needed.

Not much of service. It's a old hotel and the rooms are partially upgraded (bathroom and some part of the room). The environment outside of the hotel is also not too good where there seemed to be African community area and many migrant workers. Doesn't feel too safe at first, but gotten used to it after the 2nd nights onwards.

Location of hotel is convenient and relatively easy to find. In between 2 major train stations - Gare Du Nord and Gare Du L'est which makes excellent transportation via trains.

The location of the hotel is great especially if you are in Paris for just the weekend. Its basic enough i didn't choose the breakfast (at 12e) and didnt look like i was missing anything especially with some many bakeries around. The room was small but clean with TV however the room i was in 109 heard every noise...and i mean EVERY noise from the room next door.

Breakfast was stone cold, both the scrambled eggs and the sausages were freezing. very little in the way of continental breakfast options, all in all very poor

Handy for the gare du nord station

Great service, with very helpful staff. Extremely convenient location. Fantastic room - genuinely very quiet and floor to ceiling windows that open like a door so you could look to the street below felt very Parisian - by will excellent black out curtains so we got a really good sleep

This is not the nicest area of Paris but we never really felt uncomfortable. Lots of people around during the daytime. The night time felt a little sketchy but in a group we felt comfortable enough.

Hotel d'Amiens is located a short walk from both Gare du Nord and Gare de L'est. If you are travelling Europe by train and prefer to walk, this is an excellent location. The room was perfectly adequate. Clean, modern and comfortable. We were in Paris for only two days so we did not spend much time in the room. We were very happy with our choice to stay here.

It was a very nice location for us cos Gare du Nord station is 1 min walking, and you are able to go anywhere you want! Especially if you came for fair at Paris Expo. The location is nothing about Parisian style, it's a lot of immigrates on the streets. But with this location you live almost in center, and it's a lot of good restaurants near by! The room was really nice, and not so small! Everything was useful!

NO SERVICE from the hotel. Front desk not helpful. Did not have breakfast, had to leave to early.

My room was nice. Quiet, not the cleanest, but nice looking.

The area around Gare du Nord is far from the best in Paris and one we avoid as much as possible. It does not feel safe and there are loads of people who have no good reason to be there, if you see what I mean. But we were aware of that when we chose the hotel and we chose this hotel because of its convenient location and good value for money. We were not disappointed. It is not the first time we stay in this neighbourhood and never had any mishaps, but we always remain aware and mindful of our surroundings.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Satisfactory breakfast but do arrive early as they run out of several items (eggs, sausage, croissants) by 9 am. We had problems with the key card repeatedly and they gave us another room, no fuss. Clean, quiet, very close to the Gare du Nord which is great when arriving on Eurostar. Exactly as we expected and we were quite happy with our stay.

The area around the hotel it's not the nicest. I didn't have any issues but as a precaution used Uber to go back there the days that I have to return to the hotel late. I stayed in this hotel 3 times during 10 days as I was leaving and returning to Paris, the bathroom shower sometimes was not leveled properly and it will flood

Th hotel is situated 3 min walking from Gare Du Nord and only 6 mins away from Gare de l'est successfully connecting you to most of the Metro networks in Paris, and the Eurostar, Takes between 10 to 20 minutes to get by Metro to all the important and more famous spots in Paris. The rooms are quite small, clean and I didn't have noise from outside, I had a 2 beds with 1 bedside table, LCD TV, Security Box, the bathroom are quite small and with the basic as well. The wifi worked fine. Based on price this budget hotel is good for a couple of nights in Paris

I didn't like the fact that they advertised parking when there's clearly none. It was one of my search criteria when looking for a hotel. I had to stop in the middle of the street and unload my passengers and luggage, then wait around the corner in a driveway while my fiancé asked about parking, at which point the concierge laughed in her face and said "why would you drive to a place like this?" Well, because you advertised parking and we were driving around Europe. It was also very noisy at night. It wasn't the nicest area. They would take the towels and replace them hours later so when we came back in the afternoon we couldn't shower.

It was easily accessible for public transport. Housekeeping were lovely.

The room was a little small. The shower cubicle was very basic with no-where to place shampoos etc. No towel rail. So rather basic, but value for money.

The hotel was very convenient for 2 rail stations and Metro. The reception was always manned and comfortable. Staff very helpful. I cannot comment on the breakfast as we did not partake. The room was comfortable and very clean.

The room are incredibly small but clean

Location Location Location .. it extremely close to Gare du nord and Gare du est which saved us a ton of money in transport from airport , Euro Disney or any place we needed to go specially that we had kids and lots of bags

The location is what I needed but it was truly awful especially at night, literally, we saw drug dealers and prostitutes within yards from the hotel door. We did not feel safe during our stay we were travelling with a baby, thankfully we were just staying there for 18 hrs waiting for a train and there we were leaving. Please think it twice yes Paris rooms are expensive and small, but there is no excuse to the condition of the room we stayed was. I hope I can upload some of the pictures I took from it, heavily stained carpet, old and really filthy. Room door was broken and beaten, some kind of life fungus or mould or something growing on the shower floor. We actually were tempted to walk out and get to another hotel regrettably for some reason it was crazy expensive in Paris that night and trying to get another room at the moment plus paying this already expensive and awful room was not an option. So we sucked it up. It was only for a few hours and we were out of there!!!

I only stayed here because of a price spike of 400% I had at the hotel I stayed previously in Paris during my trip. I needed just one night near the Paris Nord Station to take the train early in the morning to Amsterdam. Thankfully the bed was ok and the linens clean!

Not much, other than there's no tea/coffee facilities in the room.

Rooms here are always clean and well appointed. It's really close to 2 of the major railway stations, Nord and Est.

Browse Hotel d'Amiens traveller photo gallery