Reviews of Hôtel D'Aubusson 5 stars

33, Rue Dauphine, 6th arr., 75006 Paris, France

#11 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

9.7

It was amazing. This was our third time staying here and we would never think of staying anywhere else in Paris - why? Because of its excellent location to a lot of the main interests in Paris, it’s wonderful layout & comfort and such helpful pleasant staff. A definite 100+%.

• Deluxe Double Room

The rooms were extremely luxurious & it was a really nice touch with the courtesy bottle of wine delivered to the room. The staff were all very helpful & friendly. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends to stay at & we will certainly stay here when we next visit Paris.

The Jazz band were brilliant each night, maybe play for longer.. but that would be being picky..

Just a quality all round hotel, staff extremely knowledgeable and friendly, fantastic location

Really nothing that I didn't like about the hotel

The doorman was the best! Kind, friendly and so very approachable to answer questions, call taxi, give travel info. Really great as a hotel representative. Housekeeping was also very nice

• Loft

This hotel is immaculate. Lovely staff, who are always busy making sure everything is perfect and ready to attent to your every need. Comfortable beds with good quality bed linen. Hermes toiletries with a sutle orange fragrance. Delicious breakfast with lots of choice. Dealt well with my specific dietary needs. Fabulous location in the heart of the left Bank.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was a bit too hard and so were the pillows.

A perfect business hotel, ideally placed. Very friendly and helpful staff. Cosy and elegant at the same time.

Nothing. Everything was perfect!

Everything! Boutique hotel that focuses on exceeding client expectations. Luxurious room. Bottle of wine upon arrival. Fluffy towels. Unbeatable location. Friendly, well trained staff.

The staff is as expected but not exceptional. Rooms are narrow with tiny chairs that make relaxing difficult. We requested (and it was repeatedly confirmed) that our family would have adjoining (connected) rooms but unfortunately they only have rooms that are adjacent (next to each other)- this was stressful and less family-oriented than we had hoped for our vacation.

The hotel is beautiful - colors, ambiance, music, courtyard are all wonderful. The location is amazing - a block to ponte neuf, multiple metro stations, and in the heart of Saint Germain. The luxurious bedding, linens, and decor are well above average.

• Deluxe Double Room

Not really my taste of interior and live music.

Great, helpful Staff, lots of atmosphere, good location, 5 min Walk to Notre Dame and 10 min to centre Pompidou.

My only concern was during the three days I stayed I tried to take a nap and I heard the worker outside of my room. It was very loud.

It was beautiful hotel and room. The location and staff along with the welcoming wine and chocolates at night could not be beat. Pink champagne during the Tuesday jazz concert was "parfait," too!

Breakfast was very expensive for what it was 50euros we had breakfast out after that was 16 euros

Staff helpful, and we had a little treat for our anniversary which was appreciated. Thank you

The coffee in the morning was lacking. The presentation was not as lovely as what I have experienced at other hotels, and the milk was not as hot as what I would have liked. Such a small complaint, but morning coffee starts my day💃🏻

Coralie was our go to person, and she was excellent‼️ Danesh was also so very helpful on our arrival. We loved our stay at L’Hotel d’Aubusson, and look forward to our next visit. Amicalement, Dr & Mrs Randolph Savage

I do not see a down side to this hotel. It was lovely. We did not eat in restaurants in the vicinity so I can not comment; but, I am sure we could have found something to delight us as there are multiple options!

Jazz in the bar the night we were there was excellent!! We were not alone in our thoughts as the "jazz lovers" from around the globe were abound. The bar had a list of interesting cocktails to accompany your listening pleasure. Breakfast buffet had multiple options (saute of vegetables and creamed spinach was delicious).

• Deluxe Double Room

I would have liked to have a chef at the restaurant for breakfast, but I have to admit that the buffet breakfast was rich and tasty. Truly more of a 4 stars breakfast than 5, but all the rest at the hotel was so overwhelmingly good that I still think the place deserves a 10.

Received a free upgrade, the room was absolutely adorable. Hermes products being provided. lovely jazz night and great cocktails. The service was impeccable. And they told us they will take our beloved dog next time, we rarely find that in other places and we will be back soon. This place is perfect if you are coming over for a weekend of shopping

Upon arrival there was champagne chilled for us. Everyday there were fresh flowers in the room and bathroom. The concierge made our trip. Jean was exceptional with every single request. One day we wanted to leave the city and he arranges for not only a driver but a excellent guide and a 3 hour visit with a provential family living in the country side. (Over and beyond). The front desk was the same. The room was beautiful elegant country French. Our stay could not have been better and the hotel was absolutely a big part of our having a dream vacation.

No issues.

It was my second stay here and all expectations were met or exceeded. We were upgraded to a wonderful larger suite which was nice at the end of two weeks of travel and many small rooms along the way. The towels and robes were the softest I’ve ever had at a hotel. The staff was excellent and I would highly recommend it!

I was so nervous to travel overseas and pick the wrong hotel or location. I couldn’t have been more impressed with the hotel, the staff, the room, the location. They go above and beyond to make sure your stay is welcoming and have every detail you can imagine. So happy to have stayed there on my first trip to Paris!

• Loft

Elevator was shutdown on our floor so each time we had to walk across the floor and up stairs. Not a big deal apart from doing it with two toddlers and a stroller repeatedly. Apart from that there was a mixup between booking.com and their reception on checkout times and number of people which they very kindly handled ultimately.

Generally great service, fantastic location, charming hotel, nice breakfast

Would appreciate a gym that is a standard expectation in a 5 stars hotel

The personnel is friendly and helpful (concierge and reception are special). Handy is nice surprise! Find it to be a good idea.

Excellent hotel near to all main attractions. I, literally, made almost all by foot in one day. I live hotels with a feel of coziness and home and this one was just to the point. It has well thought through inviting interior. Rooms are well appointed, very clean, fully exuiped. Bathroom had jacuzzi which was pleasant. Service is brilliant. Check in was really fast. Room service was efficient. I would like to particularly highlight Coralie, concierge, who went above and beyond to make sure my itenerary is set right. Has very pleasant and watm personality. Jean, concierge, made all that was possible to think with me how to use limited time wisely. He has given invaluable recommendations for the future trips and answered endless questions I had. Excellent communication skills.

WiFi in our room was unreliable, but they provided a free cellphone with unlimited calling and data.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was clean and beautifully decorated.

• Deluxe Double Room

There was nothing I didn't like about it - it surpassed my expectation with everything it offered.

Very small, friendly hotel with impeccable rooms, professional staff and in a particularly atmospheric area of Paris near to all the major sights.

Breakfast was over priced so we ate outside .

Jazz bar gave a great ambience. Staff were so helpful and friendly . Concierge was always ready to listen to our reviews of restaurants later. Handy phone could be a good idea but didn’t use it

No spa, but apparently this year they are adding that facility as well.

Location, live Jazz, decor, comfort and friendliness and professionalism of staff.

Booking.com advertised pool, which I think has now been taken off as not yet built. There is no restaurant in the hotel either which I thought would require to be 5 star and reflect price of our room! They do a nice breakfast however but this is extra on top of hotel room price about 26 euros per head. Very small hotel felt missing another section for 5 star. Saying all this I would recommend as you pay for the location and definitely the best spot and rooms are nice.

Great location 5 to 10 minute walk to Notre Dame and The Louvre, surrounded in all the classic Parisian narrow streets great spot! Terrific cafes, bars and restaurants surround the hotel. On sunny day walked to catacombs (30 mins) through Luxembourg gardens. We booked tour. (Make sure book in advance if you do this as longest queues ever!!! You will wish you had!) jazz bands in evening makes nice atmosphere. Gets popular. We booked a junior suite The hotel room was nice and the bath was great with jacuzzi jets. Really pretty courtyard.

+ Maybe a larger bath tub if I'm being picky + Movies that you can order via wifi instead of a DVD player

+ Location near everything + Jazz club is a great treat for evening event + Best breakfast that I've ever had!!! Quiche and berry pie was so delicious! My husband loved taking the perfect egg + Staff is very accommodating, we arrived early and came to just drop off bags. They checked us in early despite not requesting it. + Decor- Loved the stone walls, the wood beams, the high ceilings, the fresh flowers, the huge fire place, the unassuming bar....it was a place that wasn't crowded or empty. + Hermes products in bathroom + Great bed and pillows + Loved being able to open large windows in room + Well branded + Slippers and robe in bathroom + Great water pressure + Clean, great chocolates for Treats

i really have anything negative to say

Great Hotel particulier in the heart of Paris. located on the rive gauche, literally 2 minutes walk from pont neuf, rue saint german and notre dame cathedral. I loved the style and the amenities that the hotel offers. My room was particularly big and very comfortable and cosy. Staff was helpful and friendly, I also enjoyed continental breakfast that is served in the old and stylish room next to the bar. ps the Hermès soaps were a nice surprise!

Wouldn't change a thing!

Our room was on the first floor right next to the elevator door and inside our room there were two windows that faced a bustling neighborhood and we did not hear any outside noise what so ever! Beautifully decorated room with a fantastic shower and excellent atmosphere & service -- did I mention the great location?! Loved every moment.

• Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom was dangerous and very tiny. Challenging to climb over side of tub to use shower requiring squeezing between counter and toilet. Tub very slippery.

Nice jazz bar. Beautiful fresh flowers and inner courtyard

A few corners in the bathroom were dusty, especially the round mirror and racks for skin care products. The bathtub was slightly damaged.

Shiori san was very friendly and helpful. And other staff's service were also great.

Jazz live was really amazing! The location cannot be better.. direct train from airport to the hotel. Walking distance to all kinds of lovely restaurant. Staff are all friendly:)

• Deluxe Double Room

The king bed was so hard that it was difficult and even impossible to sleep. Also, when a staff member knocked on our door, we opened it. She walked right in without saying a word and went to the other end of the room to pick up the wine bucket. Then she left. One of us had no clothes on, so we felt it was a total disregard for our right to privacy. We filled out a review of our stay for the hotel, including the comments above, but we haven't even had a reply, an apology, or an offer to reimburse us for even part of our stay.

The location was very good.

• Deluxe Double Room

With the hotel being in a popular area, it can be a tad noisy.

The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The rain shower in the bathroom is lovely.

It had every amenity one could ask for! And quiet room with complimentary bottle of wine, great bar and jazz, rooms off the lobby to read, fresh flowers everywhere and friendly staff not to mention great location.

Everything was perfect except it was very hard to reach by car as the streets are very narrow and corners tight for turning.

Everything was absolutely beautiful! It is French in the best sense of the word. The decor is all white which makes the rooms look very serene. There are interesting antique furniture, mirrors and decorative accessories. It took my breath away. There is a very sweet garden with a pool.

Booking.com did not inform ne that there was no entertainment on sun through thurs and that was one of the reasons for choosing the hotel .

small touches

Not having to leave!

Once again, we were welcomed back to the hotel like family or long lost friends. Although the front desk staff are different every year, the concierge Jean and his staff, M. Florien and his bar staff, the breakfast room team, and the cleaners all remember us and seem genuinely pleased to see us again. That is one of the reasons that we always return every year to the D'Aubusson.

Breakfast was very disappointing. Everything was available except what I came for the croissants etc were squashed, not very fresh and in very short supply.

For the price we paid, I do not believe they should charge 50 euros for breakfast, it should be included.

great location and so many great restaurants nearby. The hotel is lovely, the rooms are excellent and the breakfast was really nice.

Would have been good to have a pool as it was very hot when we stayed in July.

The hotel is 5 mins from Boulevard St Germain. The area is full of restaurants and great shopping. 10 mins walk to the Latin Quarter. Breakfast was a full hot and cold buffet and could be eaten either in the dining room or in a little courtyard. Our room was large and had a view over the street (not noisy). Concierge was fantastic with restaurant suggestions. Piano bar was great with musicians playing on a few nights that we stayed. The hotel treated us with a complimentary bottle of wine. Loved this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Deluxe Double Room

Wonderful, friendly & helpful staff. Great location. Beautiful property. Very nice rooms with excellent amenities. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Very good location. Rooms relatively small - though not by Paris standards. Bathroom with nice bath - though nicely appointed with granite is not large. If you're already paying this much, consider taking one of the rooms in the old chateau part - they are bigger. Both kinds of rooms have baths. And the hotel windows are doubles - so if closed, there is no street noise. The aircon is good and can be set to a very low quiet fan Also, a lovely internal garden for meeting friends to have a drink.

• Deluxe Double Room

There was no view from the window, but that wasn't a big problem.

Friendly service, beautiful room, absolutely fantastic location away from crowds.

• Deluxe Double Room

Excellent staff, the service was brilliant, and we got a free upgrade on our room, and small bottle of wine! The room features were beautiful, all the facilities were spotless and of high spec. Would highly recommend it, and would definitely go back if I visited Paris again.

Each day offered a wonderful array of comforts and amenities from the delicious breakfast offerings to jazz at night. The concierge had spot on recommendations. And the location is outstanding. Though the hotel feels old world, my room was well appointed and modern.

Can't think of a thing! I guess maybe that breakfast was 25 Euro per person per day, rather than being included in the cost of the room. But we were happy to explore the neighborhood, and get our coffee and croissants in any of the charming cafes around the hotel.

Room was absolutely lovely and very quiet- despite being in a lively neighborhood (on the 2nd floor). Personal touches like fresh roses in room and around the hotel, fresh fruit and champagne in our room (as a gift for our honeymoon), nightly turn down service with chocolates- and a very unique feature: the use of a smartphone throughout our stay, at no additional charge. And Jean, the concierge was very helpful- buying museum tickets for us, and providing great advice.

The physical structure and its setting are eye-popping! The nightly rate at the time we visited was very reasonable, so much so that I expected a bait-and-switch of some kind upon our arrival - which never came!

I tip at the end of my stay. I found the habit of the evening staff in leaving their calling card in the room every night annoying. I discovered that there were three and sometimes I would get an extra card. So unecessary!

All in all,excellent. I personally prefer more berries as I prepare a berry medley for my breakfast!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Had a bit of an issue trying to get a cab to the hotel at 8:30 in the morning. Some thing to be aware of if you are on a tight schedule. We were delayed getting away from the hotel to the airport by 20 minutes waiting for a taxi. Other guests were delayed as well. Not sure if that is a geographical issue,rush hour traffic issue, or a lack of cabs. Just something to be aware of, even though the staff was totally on top of getting the cab reservations made.

The staff and the accommodations were first rate. From the Conceirge (Jacque), to the front desk, everyone could not have been more helpful with museum suggestions, reservations, and service. Best value for the amount of space in a Parisian hotel. Great bar area. Breakfast provided was just the right amount of food and choices. Love the Hermes amenities in the room.

• Deluxe Double Room

We loved our room! Good size room by Paris standards. We had a quiet interior room. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was perfect for one person and a bit tight for two, but perfectly appointed with a tub and a window. One big perk was use of a smartphone during our stay for FREE calls to the United States and within Europe. Concierge service was friendly and efficient. We loved walking around the area of the hotel. Lively cafes, excellent coffee at Malongo and delicious food at KGB. Conveniently located near Notre Dame and the Louvre. We will stay here again next time we visit Paris.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Bath a little high-sided for easy access, and with no separate shower this could be worth knowing.

Very elegant public areas, plus pretty internal terrace. In a quiet location, especially interior facing rooms. In-room (mini-suite) facilities very good, with lovely Hermes toiletries in bathroom.

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel staff was excellent, the jazz in the bar was such a treat, the room was clean and comfortable and the location was great! I would recommend to anyone!!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The bar staff didn't really have the same welcome as the Head Concierge and reception staff. Consequently, we only went to the lounge the once.

The welcome and efficient service given by reception staff and the Head Concierge was very well received by us. The location of this hotel is brilliant, close to shopping and restaurants and bars. The decor and linens in the room were luxurious. Bathroom was superb.

• Deluxe Double Room

Honestly I wouldn't change anything and look forward to returning.

Very comfortable room including the bed. Loved having cocktails in the courtyard. Location was perfect.

No one informed us that there were works carried out in the lobby which looked like a building site. The bathrooms are very tired with old taps and mouldy corners on the bathroom. Details of bathroom and bedroom are pretty average. Overall it is a four star hotel and not a five star as advertised on the internet.

The location was definitely the bonus of the hotel. The use of Hermes toiletries is also showing the effort of the hotel to make up for its faults.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Amazing location. Beautiful hotel and floral arrangements everywhere. Helpful friendly staff. Couldn't fault it and would recommend and certainly go back!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

There is no way to say something bad about this hotel. Truly amazing experience!

Champagne and flowers on the bed because our marriage proposal! Beautiful room, extra soft bed, nice bathroom (-; Best hotel we have ever been!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The staff were so lovely, friendly and very helpful and informative. We liked that we were offered coffee and croissants on our arrival at check-in and told that the hotel was "our home" for the weekend. The jazz in the evenings was fabulous and the courtyard was a great bonus to be able to sit outside by still be warm in Winter.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

I would've liked to see a larger Gin selection at the bar but there is a great Gin bar called Tiger very close.

Well-appointed and tasteful decadence is how I would describe the hotel and our room. The free Android mobile phone was a huge help and the live jazz can't be beat.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

The room was too hot even when we turned off the heat.

There was a friendly atmosphere in the bar area at night. The concierge and the doorman gave excellent recommendations.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff superb. Hotel beautiful and tasteful. The live jazz evening concerts were a bonus. The room was well organized with a window that opened; but as in much of Paris, a larger room would have been more comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Room and bathroom were a bit small, though we know from other stays that others are much bigger, so luck of the draw.

Good breakfast, very comfortable bed, quiet, excellent location.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

My only criticism would be that the bathroom space seemed slightly smaller than I had expected. However the rooms were very spacious and clean.

All the staff members provided us with an excellent service.. very helpful, friendly and polite. There was a little bit of a communication barrier with the concierge staff but they accepted complete responsibility and in return made amendments to suit our convenience.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Please do not "sell" the Lobby with the fireplace too often to private functions ! The guests want to stay there too.

Very helpfull staff. Small but delicous breakfast. Lovely bread selecction ; very good Orange Juice.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast is a tad expensive.

Unbelievably beautiful hotel. Amazing lounge area with stunning fireplace. Staff was up to par with hotels that cost thousands per night. I found my new home in Paris. I did not understand the negative reviews for this hotel. I travel a lot, especially to Paris. It has everything that you could ask for.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Loft

The service by the staff was impeccable from the moment we arrived until we left; always helpful and accommodating. The property itself was beautiful, located centrally to all the thing we wanted to do, and well maintained. The whole stay was really amazing. Will stay here when I return.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

They provide within each room a Samsung mobile phone, with free roaming & calls within Europe... also with an excellent app that gives you the hot spots of Paris & around you!!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

We had two issues, one of which was slightly resolved. There was a definite heating issue with our room. Our room (deluxe) would not heat above 60F (15 C). It was a freezing week in Paris and it was difficult to come back to a cold room. The staff supplied a portable heater and each day they said they sent someone to repair the heating (and that it was repaired). It was not. The space heater was sufficient, but given the price of the room this should have been resolved in a different manner. I suspect there were no other rooms available as this was over New Year's. Our only other thought on how our stay could have been improved is if the hotel offered a 'petit-dejeuner' of just coffee,juice and baguette or croissant. We are not big eaters in the morning and did not want to pay 25 euro per person for a buffet when we eat so little. It was easy enough to walk to a different brasserie each morning, but it would have been nice to have the option to stay in the hotel for breakfast.

Our room was exceptionally quiet and very comfortable. It was a great place to relax after walking all day in Paris. A fabulous location, this little boutique hotel is intimate and the perfect marriage of location, quality, and comfort. The main rooms are beautiful, from the jazz bar to the fireplace room which are decorated elegantly but is not overly ornate like some of the 5 star hotels. This little hotel has charm and is very romantic. The room had a very comfortable bed/bedding, an umbrella which came in handy the one day it poured, a safe for storing passports and jewelry, a cell phone for our use with free international phone calls, maps etc., and little details such as chocolates with evening turn down service and a flower left in the bathroom. A half bottle of champagne was left for us on our anniversary, which was very thoughtful. The staff could not have been more friendly and put up with our rusty french, and spoke english when we hit a wall.

• Deluxe Double Room

We have stayed here several times in the past. The rooms have all been upgraded, concierge service is tops, and the Laurent Jazz Bar is one of the best in Paris. Everything is at your fingertips. Convenient location for left and right bank. Really a good value for your money.

Breakfast at 25.00 a head is just crazy. When you're paying 400 a night the least that should happen is breakfast be included.

Fabulous hotel in a great location. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

in the midst of a heavily touristic area hotel's public spaces not that great no in room entertainment

Very Friendly and helpful staff! Nice Jazz sessions

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great location for The Louvre, Notre Dame Palais Du Luxembourg and Musee D'Orsay as all within a reasonably short walk. The area has plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants close by. All staff were very friendly and the rooms and public areas were spotless. Our room was in the original 17th century part of the hotel but sympathetically modernised. It was nice and quiet at we both got a great night's sleep. This is a great base for people who want to be out and about, sightseeing and experiencing Parisian life rather than being hotel-bound as the hotel majors on service rather than high spec pools, gyms and other leisure facilities. It does have live jazz which was going strong when we got back at 10pm. It was a Saturday night and every table and bar stool were taken and you can't book in advance so get there early.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Nil

Fantastic staff who were so understanding when we arrived early after flying all night and even though our room was not ready - they provided an upgrade a few hours later

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Nothing ! Maybe some would bulk at the expensive breakfast, but actually we never ate breakfast in the hotel opting to go to all those lovely very local patisseries instead !

There were 3 couples all staying in their own choice of hotel. I think everyone loved our hotel the most even though it might have been a little. Cheaper than the others. From the emails to me before we arrived to ask was there anything we wanted to do whilst in Paris with genuinely great responses. The phone for calls rather than having to change our phone plans, to all the little extras wine, chocolate and Hermes products everywhere it was perfect !

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

If the windows were open, the street was too noisy.

The bedroom was big and the shower amazing. The staff extremely helpful and kind. Walking distance from Louvre and Nortre Dame and tons of great eateries and local shopping.

Browse Hôtel D'Aubusson traveller photo gallery