Reviews of Le Twelve 3 stars

82, Avenue Du Docteur Arnold Netter, 12th arr., 75012 Paris, France

#1311 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Great location, Room cleaned daily, quiet location even...
    • Classic Double Room

A lift would have been nice.

Great location, Room cleaned daily, quiet location even though it’s beside a busy junction with Tram and Metro within a 2 minute walk

Staff are very nice and polite and helpful, always smiling...

-There is no lift! - you can hear others walking and talking which is very annoying. -rooms are very small, bathroom door and walls and curtain were very dirty. -parking is about 10 mins walk from the hotel.

Staff are very nice and polite and helpful, always smiling :) There are many shops and restaurants and cafe around the hotel and a metro station :) rooms have a big bathroom.

Pretty much everything.
    • Classic Double Room

Toilet is very small and so little inconvenient. But once you overlook it, its a pleasant place

Pretty much everything. The staff was really good. The room was small but I guess for that money you can't get a bigger room. And location is good with Good food and transport options.

The staff were very friendly and helpful

The door was very stiff and kept slamming as you could shut it you had to wait for it to do it on its own. The shower doors didn’t shut properly so there was water everywhere

The staff were very friendly and helpful The location was great Room looked nice Bed was comfortable

Very proper rooms (basic but clean and practical), friendly...
    • Classic Single Room

No elevator and no one to help in carrying luggage.

Very proper rooms (basic but clean and practical), friendly management, very close to the metro with few dining/drinking options very close by.

Good value for money
    • Classic Double Room

They loaned us a kettle which was great of them. But then we had to ask for two cups. The room didn't have glasses either so we asked for those...but they brought them to us very quickly. The towel rail in the bathroom was loose - the sort of minor maintenance issue they could improve. The hotel needs air-conditioning for the summer. They moved us to a cooler room on a lower floor when we mentioned the fact.

The staff were very polite, helpful and friendly. They really went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. They fixed any problems we had very quickly. The hotel was clean and good value.

Good value for the price
    • Classic Double Room

It’s cute but a little too small, i didn’t have luggage otherwise it would have been a problem.

The place is cozy and feels like a private house. Bed was comfortable.

Nice hotel, 2 Min walk to metro. No air con, breakfast expensive at €9.50 no elevator

Far too many stairs to the forth floor rooms with no lift. No air con in rooms they were very hot and clammy

Room clean, good size for Paris. Staff friendly and helpful.

Terrible
    • Classic Single Room

Terrible experience. No air condition, very hot in the room. no elevator (how you suppose we have to deliver suitcase to 5 floor!) Very poor breakfast. Never back here again

Nothing, terrible experience

Very friendly staff, clean appartment in a great location. Would return and recommend!

I have no complaints

The staff were very accommodating and let us check in early when we arrived unexpectedly ahead of schedule. They also offered us breakfast after we checked out which was a lovely gesture and ended our stay very well. The location was brilliant as the nearest underground station is on the same line as most of the important landmarks, so was easy to get around.

Not Great !!
    • Classic Single Room

The photo graphs doesn’t match. Small rooms and no air conditioning. They said open the windows at night but the room is in ground floor ..

Nothing much except the staff !!

For a business trip located close to where I was working this was much bettering than the ibis which
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel had some questionable statues in the courtyard.

For a Parisian hotel it was exactly as I expected small and compact rooms. The fan was a great bonus as it wasn’t incredibly hot when we were there. The only thing is the space in the bathroom was very tight. If you were pregnant it would be hard to get in and out. I thought it was good value for what we paid we paid less than the daily amount shown. There was also a very nice patisserie and restaurant close by.

good location - friendly staff - good breakfast - room needs renovation

excellent location - quiet room at the backside of the hotel and very friendly staff. The room however need to be renovated: bathroom had a lot of moisture damage, lock was difficult to close and room (in the attic) was very hot during my stay. Price was a bit high for the comfort but personnel and breakfast were excellent

Average
    • Classic Double Room

The shower is very small and once on the water jets continually try to get out the door. The electric sockets look dangerous in places. Could in general do with re decorating

a small double room for 4 people.
    • Quadruple Room

no refrigirator in the room noisy bed no garderobe for clothes small to move inside

a small double room for 4 people. enough for sleeping place for drinking coffee or eating sth very near to metro station

Cosy hotel in a nice area

The breakfast

The hotel is close to the Metro 1 and 6 so you have an excellent connection in the city. It is a very nice, smaller hotel with good restaurants just a few steps away. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had a wardrobe and a small bathroom. Our room got a view to the street, others go out to the beautiful patio. I would definitely come back here next time I am in Paris and recommend it to my friends.

the hotel was in a good location and easy access to metro.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was extremely small for two. The fire evacuation notice on door stated it was a single room. The room looked nothing like any of the rooms shown on site.

Convenient location
    • Classic Double Room

Tiny room and bathroom not very clean with bugs running around. The walls of my room were too thin and I could hear everything happening in the hall.

Convenient location

The staff are very helpful.
    • Classic Double Room

The staff are very helpful. The cleaner did a fantastic job. He is the best well-dressed cleaner I have ever met and he could always made the room unbelievably clean.

it's clean, at convenient location and the staffs are very helpful. Not bad.

no.elevator.

Overall not a bad place. If I remember correctly I didn't see air con anywhere in the room so it was freezing cold cuz Paris was like 1-5 celsius degree when I was there. I was carrying a heavy baggage and my room was 3-4 floors up so no elevator was such a headache. Location is good though, 200m to subway station.

Disappointing overall but rated the daytime receptionist highly

Three flights of narrow stairs with suitcases - no help offered - no lift available. Bathroom poor - toilet seat broken & shower substandard.disapp

Very helpful daytime receptionist

Lovely area, excellent location but the also charge me wrong twice and this was not correct and it d
    • Classic Double Room

Under the bed pretty dusty, floor broken or the edge of the door and the toilet floor also broken and some other places inside of the toilet where broken or damage and very little space for the shower

The location and the window view, room service TV and WiFi excellent

Constrained for space in room at all times.Cannot speak in normal voice.
    • Quadruple Room

Not fit for families. No space to keep luggages, No space to move around. Always have to talk in low voice because walls are more of partitions only.

Only the location

It was decent enough to sleep and the guy who cleaned the...
    • Classic Double Room

The window faces a VERY busy road with cars zooming past ALL night and it’s really loud. Also, there was a mouse in my room.

It was decent enough to sleep and the guy who cleaned the room every day was awesome and everything was very tidy.

The staff was very helpful, my check-in process went very...

The rooms were a little small, but we are in Paris, right?:) There is no elevator in the hotel. One doesn't need to climb too much, but it may be not the easiest thing for some travellers.

The staff was very helpful, my check-in process went very smooth and like I wanted. Check-in sometimes becomes a very big problem that is why I pay attention to it especially while I am writing my reviews.

Good location friendly staff and clean but room on 4th floor made climbing stairs a challenge.
    • Classic Double Room

Did not like the small size of the room that made it difficult to move with just two people. Did not like being on the 4th floor without a lift as we are not youngsters and found the stairs tough after a day walking round Paris. I would request 2nd floor maximum another time.

Liked the location; the friendliness of the staff; the cleanliness of the property.

Good and small hotel, nice and quiet, very friendly and...
    • Classic Double Room

Not something I consistently monitor, but I noticed this hotel seems to have no escape routes in case of fire.

Good and small hotel, nice and quiet, very friendly and helpful staff.

Never stay there
    • Classic Double Room

When I arrived to the hotel the receptionist gave me the key from a dirty room with not made up bed. This was the most terrible and dirty hotel in my life. Never advice you to go there. The area is poor and location is not comfortable for business travelers. looks much better on pictures than in life.

Basic but quite satisfactory

Breakfast was somewhat Spartan but adequate.

The location drove my choice as I had a meeting nearby but I was quite satisfied with the hotel and facilities for the one night I was there. The bed was quite comfortable and the room was warm - in fact I had to have windows open for a time since it was really too warm. The only down side was that there is no lift.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and most of the features of the hotel!
    • Quadruple Room

My only complaint is that the bed dipped in the middle so I woke up a few times in the middle of the night to readjust. :-/

This is a small but chic-looking hotel in a great location. I booked a room for 4 people (parents, sister & myself). The quadruple room was comfortable. It had two bathrooms and a garden view. The staff was really friendly and helpful! The location was great, right in front of a bakery and just half a block from a larger street with cafes and a farmers’ market. We were only there for a night and then had to move to another hotel (poor planning on my part) but I would have loved to stay longer (on a different bed).

Disappointed by the quality price ratio.

Apparently there are 2 buildings. The one on the street is noisy. Mattress undercover broken Bathroom smelly. Towels skinny. No lift. OK if it was a ** but pricey (138 €/nigth) for ***

Fix the wifi
    • Quadruple Room

wifi was shocking. a little mouse joined me on the first night in the room, which was a surprise. Breakfast is basic, can get better within 100 m walk. front dek very helpful polite, overall cheap and OK for the price

Secure, close to Metro

Value for money

Space, rooms are small.

The rooms are small, so are the beds, 140x200. I did not fit in (bed was too short) but quality was good though. The building is rather noisy, but I was tired enough to sleep well. There is no air conditioner but a fan available. After showering the bed room warms up well as there is no ventilation. We did not use breakfast of the hotel as it looked rather simple. We had breakfast just around the corner of the block, which was good. We booked early and paid a reasonable fare which balances the quality of the hotel. Value for money. The hotel is a 3 min. walk from the entrance of the subway, excellent, which enables you to leave your car in the parking (reduced fare via hotel) approx 900 meters from the hotel.

Location was great!

When we first checked in, they gave us a room that was not properly cleaned and no light in the bathroom!! Light bulbs were out! So we end up changing the room.

Location was great! Close to M1 & M6, especially. Many restaurants and markets are with in walking distance (within 100 meters). Staffs at the hotel were nice.

I defiently will not stay here again, because of expensive rooms, (179€/night for a hostel!!!)

Very expensive as a hotel, compared to its place, and building, and fascilities. Doesnot have a classic hotel appearance, i will say it is very very expensive but good and clean hostel.

Nice and friendly reception staff, doing their best to help you. Clean place to stay at night.

It has been the worst experience I've had at a hotel.

1. Slamming the doors 2. Unreliable wifi connections 3. Dirty 4. Not friendly staff I must say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I guess you get what you've paid for. Right? I stayed in this hotel four days - and I must say those days were a nightmare. Reception agents barely say Hi! or Good Morning! The shower curtain was gross full of mildew and bad smell. There is no elevator - so if you tend to carry big luggages (good luck with that). It was already late - when I would hear people slamming the doors extremely hard, I could barely sleep. Lastly, as an online student, I normally use my spare time to study and do homework online. But guess what? Their wi-fi connection doesn't work at all. Please avoid this hotel, if you are looking to stay close to the main attractions, and reliable internet connection. I hope I have better luck next time. :(

Good value for money
    • Classic Double Room

The area is not very attractive but the hotel is very close to a metro station.

The value for money taking into account that the hotels in Paris are very expensive. The rooms were renovated and comfortable and the staff very attentive and nice. I did not have the breakfast so I cannot value it.

Overall disappointing

The 'buffet' breakfast could have been more of exactly that, a buffet. I arrived for breakfast at 08:10 to find that there was no ham, no fruit, only a few slices of cheese and a few (about 4 or 5) mini croissants. Definitely not worth the extra 9.5 Euro for a 'buffet' breakfast. I woke up 3 of the 5 nights with a rat in my room going through my bag. Not impressed at all! There was also no lock on the doors that opened up onto the roof, which left me feeling unsafe as a female traveler on my own. There was no aircon and no kettle in the room. No tea or water was provided complimentary.

Staff were friendly

Go go go it's a really nice place
    • Classic Double Room

The only bad thing is 4 levels without lift, it's a bit dificult when you got luggages...

This property was really nice and comfortable the staff was kindly and cheerful my partner and I had a pleasant stay at "the twelve". See you soon.

Very well connected to the city center!

- The parking it is outside the building and around 10 min walking.. - The hotel walls are quite thin, so you can hear lots of noise from your neighbors, specially when they enter/leave the room

The property is on district 12, a bit in the outskirts but very close to metro station where you can take metro line 1, which takes you to the city center all straight forward. If you decide to walk, you are 35-40 min way from Le Bastille and Le Marais. It is very convenient if you travel by car, so you can park it at the hotel and then move around the city with public transport.

We enjoyed our stay.

There was no elevator. And wifi was very inconsistent.

The service was great. The staff was very accommodating. Our bathroom was fabulous! There were issues with the plumbing but that didn't dampen our spirits. The location was great too!

Amazing location for a family stay

Internet was slow.

Amazing location for families with everything around that you could ask for, very friendly staff. You get more than what you pay for.

The Location only near to porte le viennce station
    • Classic Double Room

There is no elevator Nobody's helping you to carry your lluggage rooms aren't air conditioned

The Location only near to porte le viennce station

Nice little hotel but very noisy

Hotel by a main road, very heavy traffic noises and no sound insulation inside the hotel... guests leaving their rooms woke us up at 5.00am...

Location was great (had planned a visit of the museum of immigration pprte Doree, walk on the Coulee Verte and Vincennes park). You get to central Paris really quickly...

Good, as long as you don't want to stay in your room

Half the staff couldn't care enough to look up from the desk as you walked in. Window didn't open Breakfast was overly expensive for what it was (consisted of a "buffet" of three different types of pastries, cornflakes, or cold coffee) No air conditioning No minifridge or anywhere to keep food or even get fresh drinking water on site Walls are very thin (you can hear too much thought your floor) Bathroom floor was half flooded when we arrived Bed was broken

Half the staff were extremely friendly They provided a fan They provided a safe This hotel will be very good for business, however it is not a place for couples or families at all.

I'd book it again!

Breakfast should be better organized and there are no lifts ...

It's very close to the subway station and it's also a good neighborhood. The hotel is simple but things work. My room was the comfortable option so I think it's better than the standard. Breakfast is a little messy but at the end d everything was right.

Short stay, decent hotel

4 flights of stairs, no lift. Once the concert was over, the benefit of location was over and had we stayed longer, I would have moved hotels.

Short distance to the Metro and to Accor Hotels Arena. Would highly recommend staying here if you are attending a show at the arena or don't mind (as we didn't) a half hour trip to Notre Dame and environs. Excellent restaurants close by (Le Millau and Lan Rung, in particular).

Not worth it.
    • Classic Double Room

THe male staff is rude, he never spoke to us with a "plz" and he knocked our room for playing music with a normal Volumen in our room. And he said "If you wanna party go out, this is where people rest" and part of the floor is sunken, wifi connection is terrible. Not recommended

The 2 female staffs that I met are very friendly and nice.

Its strength: its location
    • Classic Double Room

Poor cleanliness, but staff reacted when asking them to clean the room. When someone is smoking in the patio, the smoke enters from the opened window of room (you have to open it cause there's no ac) The room needs to be renovated.

Location is good

Nice and comfy hotel great location for Metro line 1

No Tea and Coffee facilities in room and Fridge would have been welcome to keep water cool. A little bar on the ground floor would be a nice addition open late afternoon / early evening maybe as there is a nice terrace out the back.

Easy access to the Metro line 1 which is the most central line and only 20 mins or so from central Paris/The Seine. Had great sleeps didn't hear anything from other rooms at all. Nice big T.V. to check local weather and news etc. Bathroom spacious and plenty of storage for toiletries. Overall a good base for a trip to Paris.

helpful and responsive staff - we were even advised to get...
    • Classic Double Room

practically non-existent internet connection in rooms (public space OK), noisy surrounding, front rooms (street traffic) and courtyard (loud echo of conversations etc.). The service kept forgetting to resupply the toiletries. No air condition, so is better to avoid rooms on the top floor. Breakfast not worth the price – you would be better off having your breakfast in nearby brassiere. OK, lower price than for other hotels around compensated the shortcomings.

helpful and responsive staff - we were even advised to get the breakfast outside (!), were glad to follow it. Very convenient location close to public transport, nearby restaurants and cafés. Generally very local feeling, no tourists around.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Cosey,

Little far away

Nice small hotel , very clean , friendly service, breakfast was not so good but there is a bakery right across the road and a lovely brassier a few doors up on the corner. The hotel is a little further out than we expected, we underestimated the size of Paris on the map, but it is next to a metro line and it was not expensive, so if you are on a budget I would recommend it ,but if you can spend a wee bit more you could find somewhere a bit more central.

Good value for money and convenient location close to Metro lin 1

Would have been nice to have a small fridge/bar in the room.

The room and bathroom were nice and clean. A little small but ok. Good location close to the Metro station Porte de Vincennes on Line 1. One of the best outdoor markets in Paris just around the corner every Tuesday and Thursday

Bathroom was new and nice.
    • Classic Double Room

There was no lift and the room was on a 4th floor. Room is very small. Cleaning could be better, the room was dusty and the desk and chairs had stains. There is no night receptionist.

Bathroom was new and nice. Area is quiet and has some interesting shops.

Awful awful awful staff.
    • Classic Double Room

The staff were either silent or very rude. I came back at around midnight and one of the staff members was waiting for me by the door, which was a bit creepy. He accused me of stealing a bottle of wine from the fridge in the staff kitchen. When I said I didn't (of course, I had no proof - how do you prove you didn't steal something?) he said it could only have been me, because I was the only person around at that time. He then asked me again and when I said no a second time, he implied that he gave up. I tried to explain that I'm not the sort of person who steals, but he wouldn't believe me. It was not nice. I'm not a fan of hotels where they accuse you of stealing for no reason so I would avoid this place like the plague.

Apart from that. It was a perfectly nice, basic hotel. Nothing fancy, but the rooms were clean and it was affordable.

Good hotel- worth the money
    • Classic Double Room

No duvet just a sheet so was freezing. Got woken up by drilling early morning too.

The staff were very friendly and the room was ready for when we arrived.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Good location but insufficient accomodation
    • Classic Double Room

Wifi was poor. Rooms are too small and receiving a lot of louds from near apartments. No evelator (it was a nightmare to take my luggages to the 4th floor.

It is very easy to go most of the touristic places just using the M1 metro line by Porte de Vincennes station which is very near to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Location is probably the best thing about the hotel.

Everything about the hotel is very average, from the rooms, the absence of an elevator to the breakfast. Several lamps in my room were broken, in the room of my colleague, the heater was stuck on full, etc. It is my opinion that there will be better options in this price range.

Location is probably the best thing about the hotel. It is very close to Metro Line 1, giving you all the flexibility to travel around in Paris. The staff is very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Service was very sympathetic, bed and bathroom was good.
    • Classic Double Room

Room was tiny and (electric) radiator has seen better days

Service was very sympathetic, bed and bathroom was good. WiFi code for more than just one device is nice.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Small but comfy rooms for a good price.
    • Classic Double Room

The showers water temperature was very inconsistent and always switched from hot to cold in a matter of seconds.

The Location was very close to the Metro and easy to reach. Beds were comfortable and clean. The room was significantly smaller than it seemed in the photos, however for the price absolutely justifiable.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Ultra thin walls but large bathroom
    • Classic Double Room

The insulation, hearing people having conversations and later having sex is not really nice for a couple trying to have a nice time themselves.

The bathroom was large and the court yard is interesting for a Parisian hotel

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Still waiting for refund
    • Classic Double Room

We are still waiting for an email from the hotel to follow up our refund of the parking and it seems that no email from them yet. We paid the hotel for 2 days (34euro) private parking but on the 2nd of January, 2017, the hotel's parking card is expired, we were stuck in the parking for so long! The "help button" employee doesn't let us out either. There were other group of ladies cant get out of the parking too because it was expired. If not because of us reached the hotel first they could have been stuck forever in the parking. Moreover, we are tourist and foreigners how can we call the hotel for help as we don't have France's phone SIM card. The walking distance from parking to hotel are so far away and we paid for it, we expect it will give us no trouble. It was such an unhappy New Year as we are rushing to drive 6 hours back home. Ended up we paid another extra 27euro at the parking paying machine in order to get out and we had to waste time to deal with the problems and still haven't get our refund back yet. We would appreciate if the hotel could follow up and refund us back as soon as possible! Thank you!

Compare to all other hotels in Paris We've stayed before this hotel is a bargain! Definitely will come back again.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Fantastic hotel in Paris, will stay again

The night auditor was a bit more preoccupied with his internet browsing than helping out. The day receptionist (lady) was super helpful!

Great location, great interiors, fantastic value for money, especially in a place like Paris

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

good value for a stay in Paris
    • Classic Double Room

The staff do not seem very nice, and the hotel is kinda far from downtown. It's very loud early in the morning because of other guests and housekeeping staff.

good value for a stay in Paris

Perfect for a short break
    • Classic Double Room

Fantastic hotel. In a fantastic location. The staff could not to enough to help us out.

• Classic Double Room

No elevator , no air conditioning, its only have one fan😂 You should wait to open the door about 5 minutes because the lock was destroyed

If you want to experience a Paris in its natural stay. Go to the ale Twelve hotel.
    • Classic Single Room

No air conditioning! No refrigerator! My bags were heavy and I had to climb steps.

The staff was friendly and respectful.

Nice

Nothing everything was fine

Modern decor room was lovely quiet all receptionists were very helpful

No elevator.

No elevator. No air conditioning

Close to metro line 1

No ac

Close to metro line 1

Great stay and close to all the connections to the city attractions, and very helpful staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Location, cleanliness, staff were great, breakfast was also great.

Nice genuine Paris experience.
    • Classic Single Room

Courtyard a bit spoilt by smokers including staff.

Courtyard really nice feature.

No aircon

No aircon

Djulz

Size of room

Staff were friendly and helpful and out seating was a bonus

Bad experience

Bad service, bad wifi, not clean.

We have problems and they just says. I cant do anything

Browse Le Twelve traveller photo gallery