Reviews of Hôtel De l'Arcade 3 stars

9, Rue De L'arcade, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#317 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Standard Single Room

The decoration in the room i stayed was not as seen in the picture.

I really liked the bathroom . it was very clean and spacious. The mini bar was fully equipped and the staff was more than polite and ready to help.

• Standard Twin Room

Great location very close to metro Madeleine and very nice city district. Short walk to opera, place de la concorde and river Seina "beach". Comfortable beds, large room for paris. We had room 402 which has 3 windows, great view and is located at corner of thu building. I would choose the hotel again.

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing, it was great for my needs.

Everything about this hotel was delightful including the staff (very friendly and helpful staff that makes it so special), decor, the quiet comfortable room and the location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Two-Room Apartment

The whole place could use a refresh, particularly the interior paint job.

We had a suite with two rooms, which worked great as we were traveling with an adult child.

• Duplex Room

While the room was clean, it was not what you would expect for the price or star rating in Paris. Certain elements need to be updated - bathroom, air conditioning so it actually works upstairs, etc. Also the breakfast for that price is astronomical...save the €23 and go elsewhere for a proper French start to the day.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Duplex Room

We had three people stay in the Duplex room. There was more than enough room for all. Upon our arrival, the sofa was made out into a bed. I would stay here every time I come to Paris. Excellent location (around the corner from metro), property, and staff!

• Duplex Room

No Facilities (Kettle/Plates/Glasses). Photos of balcony prior the stay looked completely different to the one we received (no chair/table). Expected much more for our money. Some of the furniture seemed worn down. Could really use a light refurbishment.

Lovley lobby. Great staff. Air-Con. Stunning area with good restaurants.

• Standard Twin Room

Being picky - not enough info about local places to eat to help make a choice (although we of course managed). I didn’t like having to pay in full on arrival - prefer to give card for initial deposit then pay at end with any additional charges included in one go.

Loved the spacious room, location and the helpfulness of the staff! Great place to stay!

I tried to call in advance to see if I can book an airport transfer, but unfortunately, I don't speak French. So someone on the other line who apparently didn't speak English hung up. Eventually, I managed to find the information I needed in the booking.com description.

Perfect location, nice large rooms in coherence with the style of the buildings around.

Not many English channels on tv but we’re wernt there to watch tv so wasn’t an issue

this was our first trip to Paris we loved it the staff were brilliant really helpful nothing was to much trouble will definettly day again

The location. The staff Facilities are bare minimum Rooms are a nice size but averagely furbrished. Shower curtain in the bathroom Was dirty at the bottom Needed cleaning if not changing. REALLY MISSED A KETTLE for tea/coffeein the room I suggest the hotel have a couple for guest who request it. Even if the management doesn’t want to provide one in every room ( quite do able. ) Road works going on on the street outside - quite noisy because of that

The room was very nice with a great bathrrom. We had to stay an e tea night last minute and this hotel happened to be a 3 min walk from the one we were staying at. If I had of known about it beforehand I would have booked our whole time in Paris to stay here!

Nothing, it was great for our needs.

The receptionist was very kind and accommodating, she let us check out late without incurring a few. The room was clean and very comfortable. We had a great stay.

• Standard Twin Room

The one very minor point which didn’t distract from our stay was that it would have been nice to have tea or coffee making facilities in the room.

Well maintained, comfortable and a good size room

i just said above

i would have appreciated tea making facility in the room, or at least in the lobby. Also, the drainage was not working, it was not great...

I would have liked a small tea or coffee maker in the room. It’s useful when you’ve been out touring all day to come in and make tea. Also it wouldn’t cost much to supply small water bottles. The breakfast was adequate but not chilled very well. On quiet days the food was sitting out for some time - the orange juice got warm and the cheese started to become very soft in the plastic containers. The breakfast room was too quiet. Some gentle background music would have been nicer. The safe in the room is very small and difficult to fit cameras and iPads. On the first night the bath towels were obviously new and very “fluffy” like a high standard hotel. That changed for the remainder of the week....very poor quality towels, hard, no fluff! The WiFi is supplied free, but it generally only accepts one device at a time. If my wife was online, then I could not connect.

The location is very good. It’s quite central for many places. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room is also very quiet with no street noise. There is a minibar, but we didn’t use it. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful with advice and getting us taxis.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

Room a little tired. Bathroom clean but no extractor fan and magnifying mirror loose.

Location fantastic. Very close to the metro, restaurants, bars and many famous landmarks, all within walking distance. We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel so cannot comment on the food.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

Several minor, but annoying things popped up during our stay. The television kept cutting out and back on again all the time. Flannels were provided for the second day but not the first and third - a small but noticeable oversight on their part. The loo flush broke down the second night. It was repaired quite quickly but could have been embarrassing. I felt that the room decor was a little tired and the third bed was really very basic for a hotel of this standard. It was like a military hospital bed in style, with a brown blanket so all a bit gloomy really!

The staff here are so charming that you want to instantly forgive everything that is a little less than I felt it should be. The staff are absolutely wonderful!

• Standard Twin Room

The breakfast was disappointing. In our room, the bed was very soft and the room extremely hot at night, even though I turned off the heat (it was in March). I also think the hotel is overpriced, but i guess Paris is just really expensive.

The staff was really nice and helpful. The hotel has a nice atmosphere, it is clean and quiet. The location is more than perfect! Close to the metro and walking distance to lots of the sights in Paris.

I was really surprised (and not in a good way) with this hotel. For the price I paid, I expected at least a room that didn't smell like mold... The lobby looks great, but the bedroom is stuck in the past.

The size of the room is bigger than most hotels in Paris and the location is very convenient.

• Standard Single Room

For the rate that this hotel is charging it was way below my expectations. From the outside & lobby it looked like an ok hotel (nothing special by all means) 1) My room 505 was old and smells of mould. So badly so it's almost unbearable. 2)The mattress creaks every time you move 3) The toilet barely flushes. The walls a paper thing and could hear every move from the rooms next to me and above me. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Breakfast is a bit expensive. Rooms are not so big but in Paris it's normal

Clean, close to metro and buses (including shuttles to the airport) , nice staff, wonderful location in the most beautiful Paris area

The rooms were very dated, the furniture, carpets, and bedding were all very old and shabby. I also wished there was a tea kettle in the room.

The size of the hotel rooms was nice and spacious, staff was friendly and helpful.

• Standard Single Room

The room had a bad scent .. it looks old .. the bed was not comfortable at all nor the pillows and the room was cold .

The staff are nice and friendly .

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

The reception is really nice and helpful. The location of the hotel is great and convenient. It is near to two metro stations which you only need 5 to 10 mins walking back to hotel.

It would be nice to have a tea/coffee maker in the roomand a bit of shampoo for washing your hair.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room a good size and the beds very comfortable. WiFi worked very well.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

There was this lady staff (in the afternoons to the evenings) she was the best! She helped me with directions to the nearest pharmacy on a Sunday and suggested places for day trips from Paris which turned out to be great! Very clean and vrry lovely place. Also quite close to shopping area and awesome italian food at Pompeii :)

• Standard Twin Room

We arrived slightly before check-in time and thankfully a room was ready. We were luckily upgraded on room choice. We did not realize our room upgrade was so nice until we realized that no other property had our view or balcony (top floor, corner room, wrap around, multi-entry balcony). It blew us away and we had wished we were there much longer. It was very quiet, cozy and very charming. The bed was comfortable.

• Two-Room Apartment

Being in the centre of a city the street noise in the morning was a bit full on but unavoidable.

The location of this hotel is fantastic, a short walk to shops, museums and Metro. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Studio

English TV channels limited to news only Limited breakfast and slightly pricey (but other options nearby)

Lovely big bright room Added bonus of small kitchenette Warm and helpful staff Great location Big bathroom

• Double Room with Extra Bed

Uncomfortable beds, in December their air-condition is not on & the room felt hot, we opened the windows and we could hear the people talking in the streets (busy area). Parking is private around $28 EU. a day, within walking distance. Breakfast was basic, just okay. The hotel has fake flowers instead of fresh like what they show in pictures. I believe the hotel has potential if they were to update some of the decoration and add fresh flowers for charm. You have to park on the street to bring your luggage down or walk from the parking lot with your luggage. This is a two to three-star hotel, I will say 3 based on location.

Location, location, location. Staff was nice.

All was superb

Excellent location and very big room overlooking the stores. A few steps from all the attractions and shopping including all the famous cafes.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

The room was small for a "triple room" and the facilities were old. No coffee or tea at the room.

The location is very central. The staff is helpful.

• Standard Single Room

Location is perfect and you can get to anywhere by walk. I went to Galeries Lafayette, Louvre, Orsay, Eifel Tower, Champs Elysees and almost everywhere by walk. Believe me, Paris is an amazing city deserving your walk, not metro or bus... I didn't take breakfast there because I wanted to try different every morning in Paris considering there're many decent restaurants around. I booked a single room at the lowest rate which is small though but as expected. Staff are really nice and I really enjoyed talking to them. I will definitely book the hotel if I visit Paris. Excellent choice!

• Duplex Room

Breakfast was a liitle pricey for what you get.

The hotel is perfectly located, the staff is very friendly and have high service standards. We were upgraded to a better room. This was very much appreciated.

Perfect hotel in the heart of Paris. Very friendly staff, safe area and very nice rooms. This is my 4th stay and is my home in Paris where I grew up. Highly recommend it.

• Duplex Room

We had a problem in the first room we have been put in, the room was on the highest, 6th floor of the building, the toilet flush was not working AT ALL, the staff were trying to convince us for some time that we just had to push it harder and for longer, however when they finally believed that that wasn't the case they changed our room to the same standard literally next door. The rooms feel a bit old, the bathrooms need to be refreshed, generally not recommended for people who can't stay in small spaces.

Location, walking distance to many tourist spots.

• Standard Twin Room

No kettle in the rooms. Would have liked to make my own tea.

The staff, from receptionists to cleaning ladies, were exceptional - welcoming and efficient. I rang reception with a request on 2 occasions, and both times, there was someone at my door within 2 minutes. ALL the rooms have bathtubs!

• Standard Single Room

There was no heating in the room and I noticed only in the night. Slept with my coat on. I did not ask for help because I was so tired. The normally very well-cared for hotel had ripped carpeting in some corners. ( told them at desk and they claim that it will be corrected.) Otherwise a lovely room.

Love the rooms and the decor which is traditional French. Super friendly personnel. Have been going to the sister hotel (Bedford) for more than 20 years.

• Standard Twin Room

If I make some comments bath towels were old and the hair dryer get hot so easily and stopped working often.

I really enjoyed staying there the staff were outstanding. Customer service were excellent The reception gave us eye contact immediately Very friendly attitude made us happy. When I have issue of TV remote controllers The mech staff sent to our room within 2mins.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

There were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room - this is something we are used to now rather than a mini bar.

Room was comfy thank you. Staff tidied and cleaned the room each day.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

Staff at the desk are very very friendly and helpful! Especially Abdo. Rooms are well designed and very clean. They clean the room evevryday and refill everything you need. the room size is good for three people as they added it a third bed and still the room was comfortable. The hotel is three stars but in fact it is more. My kids were very comfortable. The location is good near Madelaine metro station and Auber where you can take RER A to Disney Land and Val d'europe. Concorde and champs and Jardin de tilleries is 5 to 10 min walking.

It would have been good to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room or in a central area. Other hotels at this price seem to offer it.

The hotel was a great central base, easy access to everywhere. Room was very comfortable and airy, if slightly jaded in the bathroom. Breakfast was good, expensive but compared to some extortionate prices in local bars proved good value!

• Studio

Breakfast was a expensive, if you wanted hot food,but the eggs were cooked fresh.

The room l had was amazing, a wonderful surprise for a late arrival booked only a few hours before I arrived. Comfy bed, huge bathroom, nice fabrics. Family run, not a faceless chain.

• Standard Single Room

Nothing. If the universe cooperates, I'll be back.

The staff are sensational. Warm and welcoming, professional and helpful. My second stay in two years. I had a corner room with a window that opened. It was small but very comfortable. So hard to beat this location. Madeleine-Tronchet Metro station is just around the corner. So is the pickup/drop off point for the Roissy Bus from CDG Airport. Hotel breakfast is fine, but if you enjoy a little Parisian bustle, there's a great bakery cafe on the next corner.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

We are staying here not a first time and are always happy as all is of high level. This time it was 3 of us with daughter. The room was not very big but comfortable for all to move around etc..( not always the case in France and Paris in particular). We like location- you can take a walk to many key places.. it is also quite and safe to come back later in the evening

• Duplex Room

Toilet flashing system takes a little longer to fill up after usage. Some amenities are not provided (e.g. toothbrush/paste)

Sandrine is warm and helpful. She let us checked into our room in the morning that we arrived. Her charming hospitality has made our stay very pleasant. She is knowledgeable and provided much insight of how young Parisian lives and is a great french ambassador!

• Standard Single Room

I travelled alone and booked a single room which is very small. Next time will choose a double room, slightly more expensive but much better and comfortable!

Perfect Location, nice staff, beautiful small hotel near La Madeleine Church and the Galleries Lafayette department store.

• Duplex Room

Everything. Stayed in one of the duplex rooms in the sixth floor, perfect for me and my two daughters. Staff were so lovely, next time we'll stay longer than 3 nights though as so much to see and do Thanks for lovely stay

That it didn´t have shower (standing up shower)

We left a photo in the room and we were in the taxi just in order to leave, when all of a sudden somebody of the hotel de l'arcade gave us the photo, I think it was fantastic !

• Double Room with Extra Bed

The bathroom and the city smells like the sewer is coming up 😔 if you can get over that you will love your trip. Also, they need a better ventilation system in the bathroom.

The location of the property is right in the heart of everything. The Lourve to the left and the Arc to the right. The Eiffel tower is a little bit away but you could uber to the park which is where you can see the Eiffel tower from the famous ledge that is parallel to the tower. Also walk your way to the tower by walking and checking out what they have to offer along the way.

• Standard Twin Room

Location was ideal for sight-seeing and shopping. Two mins walk from place de la Madeleine and five from place de la Concorde. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was very traditional. No fancy gimmicks, which is what we wanted.

• Standard Single Room

Not all rooms are the same layout so you might want to state preferences when checking in. I got really lucky with the best possible single room!

Absolutely wonderful Parisian hotel! I had a single room and it was so charming with big windows opening up to the street, French doors to the washroom, nice huge tub in the washroom, it was absolutely lovely. The staff was also so friendly and welcoming, they really did everything possible to make our stay great! We will definitely be coming back.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

The only thing we would have liked is if a kettle was put in the room (for tea/coffee).

The property is beautifully located. Staff are very polite. The rooms are cosy and we liked that the wifi was free for as many devices as needed.

• Standard Twin Room

Can't find anything I didn't like

The hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful to us. Our room was beautiful, I loved opening the windows every morning

• Standard Twin Room

Air conditioning was quite noisy, I'm a very light sleeper, so needed to use earplugs, not a big problem though.

Beautiful room, lovely decor. Very large, comfortable bed. Very spacious room.Quiet side street with little traffic, yet only 2 or 3 minutes from several restaurants and cafes. Metro only 5 minutes away. Staff were all so friendly and welcoming.

• Standard Single Room

This hotel is in a very good location. Close to metro, museums, shopping and tourist attractions. The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. I would stay here again on my next visit and recommend it to others.

• Duplex Room

€16 for breakfast if you booked on booking.com without it included.

Superb location. Just 2 minutes away from metro station Madeleine. 5-minute walk from supermarket and a few nice restaurants around. Hop-on hop-off bus and Madeleine temple were just around the corner. Lovely balcony too! I travelled with my parents and we got a pad for 3. My dad stayed on the first floor on a sofa bed, while me and my mom stayed upstairs. Both floors had a tv each. Better bring your own water heater for your hot beverage as it won't be provided. Overall, I'd love to stay here again on my future holiday in Paris.

The hotel could use some refreshing, a few of the recessed lights in the lobby ceiling were missing. The room felt older, but clean. Perhaps it was the bedding that needed updating to make it look a little more elegant for the price point. Including a continental breakfast would have added a nice touch. Overall, it was lovely and the staff warm and friendly and I would stay again.

It was clean, comfortable, charming. The staff was genuinely warm and friendly and super helpful! A welcome attribute in a foreign city.

• Standard Single Room

Simple yet very expensive breakfast. Id prefer to have more variety or just charge less.

Everything! It was spotless, quiet and very close to famous attractions.

• Standard Single Room

Property was in a fantastic location; easy access to multiple metro lines. Staff were very pleasant. Room was a little small (even compared to other hotels in the area), but clean and relatively quiet!

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Rooms are not as good as shown in pictures. But it was clean and we got an spacious room.

Area is excellent, great location! Nice and helpful staff. Very quite hotel. I would come back.

Perhaps kettle can be provided in the room!

Extremely convenient location, quiet, clean hotel and nice decor albeit a little bit dated! Room is spacious for Paris Standard

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

It seemed that some smoking rooms and nonsmoking rooms were interchangeable. They only cleaned the smoking room before reusing it as a nonsmoking room. Nevertheless the smell was not that strong, but still, there were traces of it in the room. I would not complain but my wife was 6-week pregnant and she complained about it. But staff did a great job relocating us to a different room. We must thank them for that. The bed was top soft--true for European standards in general. But their beds have been quite worn out, and they sort of concaved down a little bit... our elderly aunts had a slight back issue with it. But to me the bed was okay. I suppose it is preferential. And considering the price and location and cleanliness, this is a superb establishment.

Located at the heart of the city. Amazing staff. Quiet rooms.

• Standard Twin Room

A very straightforward place - not much on frills, but warm and accommodating staff along with a fantastic location make this a great hotel to HQ out of for central Paris.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast buffet excellent and coffee good but eggs were "extra" ( eg boiled egg 3.50 euros)

Very convenient central location but very quiet

• Standard Single Room

There was no egg at the breakfast, and the staff were busy chatting away behind the wall, never came to check if I needed anything (I was alone so they were not particularly busy).

Bathtub! Location. Big bed and spacious room by Paris standard. I used to live in Passy for 8 years so my preference of stay in Paris was always in the 16th district but this hotel de l'Arcade was very nice, I will definitely return if the price stays affordable (which of course depends on the season).

• Duplex Room

The AC wasn't functional in early April. It was cool outside, but warmer in the room than we would prefer. The only way to cool the room was to open windows and it was quite noisy outside.

• Duplex Room

The duplex apartment was lovely and spacious. Lots of shops and cafes nearby, 15 min walk to Louvre. Perfect location for a girly weekend with friends.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Relatively old furniture and needs renovation soon. The bedding is not as comfortable as I expected.

Location is great. Staff are nice and they offered to help us print out tickets from a forwarded email.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

The location was excellent!! Very central and if you liked walking you could literally walk to all the major attractions. Loved the bath! Great for relaxing after a long day of sightseeing. The staff were friendly and spoke good English. Would definitely stay here again.

Having to leave!

Classical decor, beautifully maintained. No restaurant, but in Paris this is absolutely no probem whatsoever. However, the breakfast offers simple but quality range served in small bijou, elegant room. We have stayed at 'Arcade' many times for both quality and location providing walking access to Opera, Bvd Hausman (shopping), finest fashion shops (Hermes, Linvan, Dior, etc), Concorde, Champs de Lysee, Galleries, etc. We would stay nowhere else!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

The price was high a pit. At the weekend there was a very noisy music from the neighbors.

Nice and pleasant stay. The room good clean and tidy. The bathroom was great it has a sink and I think every thing you need except for the shoes. The location is fantastic it is just near every thing you can imagin. The staff were very kind, friendly and helpful. I highly recommend any one who wants to go to Paris to stay there.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Missed not having tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

Great location for exploring the sights with only a short walk to nearest Metro station. Friendly staff that spoke English. Room booked with good discount deal so good value for money.

No tea or coffee making facilities in room, mattress a bit too soft for my liking. Price of beer in Paris.

Location perfect, about 5 minute walk from Champs Elysee, 3 minutes from Madeleine Metro, decent size room, hotel staff excellent.

Browse Hôtel De l'Arcade traveller photo gallery