Reviews of Hôtel De La Paix 3 stars

43 Rue Duranton, 15th arr., 75015 Paris, France

#987 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child)

The location was nice and quiet. It was away from the main tourist areas, which we like. But was close enough to the metro and buses that we could easily get to where we wanted to go. There were several local places to eat right around us as well as a market that we could pick up extra things as needed. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Comfort Double Room

Wi-Fi is not strong and difficult to maintain connection for airline check-in, online banking, emails, etc.

The comfortable beds, the well appointed bathroom, the helpful staff.

What I didn't like: on the website it said it has 2 single beds, while actually it was one double bed with a single blanket. So it was quite annoying to share a bed with a colleague on a business trip.

It's a cosy place, the rooms are super tiny but I guess that's normal for Paris. Otherwise everything was great.

This Hotel is near the centre (with the metro) and it’s really clean. For the price I wasn’t expeting that great of a service. The breakfast was a little expensive but absolutely worth it everything felt fresh. Really good, im going to come back.

I do not have complains. I've stayed for 1 night and all was good. If you expect big room, this is not your hotel.

The room was clean and cozy. The staff were friendly and helpfull. There where croissants on the reception which was nice. The neibherhood was safe and it was close to metro. Price to quality ratio was great.

Great hotel in a quiet street in Paris. Very good value for money. With a metro station and lots of restaurants nearby, it is a great way to explore Paris. The room is small, but has everything you need and is in a good state.

The rooms were way smaller than shown in the pictures. Pillows were not comfortable at all. Needed to gather 3 pieces in order to have the optimum height on the neck. There was no fridge in the room.

The breakfast was satisfactory. Location was nice according to our need.

Paris is an incredibly expensive city. But you know, when you overpay you expect overservice. I never ordered a breakfast in this hotel coz there are some cosy places around for coffee&cruassaint. Once, I spent a Euro for a coffee from machine in lobby and it was terrible. Room is a kinda of ar-deco style, comfortable. The wardrobe doors were crashed and soooo hard to move! It made me sad im not a powerlifter. After every clearning, there was a specific smell in the room, smth chemical. But the roomkeeping was okay, really. Oh, pls be careful with shower cabin. 99 chances from 100 to make a flood there.

Room was very very small. And it was quite hot in the room, air condition was noisy. When you open window during rainy day, water is running inside your room on the flour. We stayed on 6 flour, elevator was aslo very small (max for two perons without luggage). Stairs are quite dangerous to use ( even for young man) as stairs were like serpantine. Bed was big but for us extremely not comfortable, it was too soft. I was not able to sleep for the first night.

Very good hotel location. Easy way for travel by public transport to Paris centre, airport. Merto, shops, restaurants, bars, cafes can be found near by. Room was clean. Hotel personal friendly, always ready to help. Hotel internet was available, but it was quite slow. But guests can use computer on the reception. Tea and coffee was available in our room. It was super as we did not ordered breakfast.

Room was too small and dark. Restroom was designed for a contortionist. Away from all attractions. When trying to leave, staff Wanted to get paid before calling a cab.

the hallway lights and bedroom lights are dark.

Hotel is located in a quiet district but within easy reach of all attractions. Many restaurants, caffes and bars to choose from for eating and socialising. The staff are helpful and friendly 😊 Rooms very clean and comfortable. Plentiful choices for breakfast. Perfect for short stay.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child)

I had booked a flat, physically separate from the main hotel building, and the wifi hardware had malfunctioned and didn't work. I therefore had to take my laptop across to the hotel lobby when I wanted to receive or send emails.

The continental breakfast was superb. The flat was well equipped. Immediately adjacent is a neat group of shops - supermarket, patisserie, pub, cafes - which make it a convenient location.

Only 2 of 5 lamps worked and the wardrobe was oddly missing a sliding door - didn't complain as it did not affect our enjoyment in any way for the few days we were there.

Hotel is located in a quiet district but within easy reach of all the attractions. Many restaurants, cafes and bars to choose from for eating and socialising. Staff friendly and helpful, but not overwhelming. Rooms very clean and comfotable. Plentiful choices for breakfast at all times.

It advertises that they have parking, this was my first time visiting Paris and I didn't expect that parking would all be underground and a short walk away. Also my Toyota Hilux was only just able to get into the parking as it was too high and I scraped the roof bars off of the ceiling. Also had to pay €20 a day for the parking... a little bit out out because the hotel advertises parking, not that you had to pay.

We made the booking via the internet on our mobile phone, when we arrived reception noticed that our booking was for a double bed only and we had one 3 year old and a 4 month old baby, the person on reception told us that he would upgrade us to a bigger room with an extra bed free of charge. The staff were very helpful at any time and also they didn't mind us leaving our double buggy in the lobby(as it was too wide to take into the lift) Over all happy to have stayed in Paris, only a short stroll away from the Eiffel Tower and plenty of nice places to eat near by.

Lighting was not great but it could be my eye sight. Street lighting was directly outside the windows of my first floor room. It didn't help with the lighting inside the room, however.

The reception staff was very rude during the whole stay. It's distant from many attractions

Room was clean. Bathroom was spacious and well equipped

On the last day - and only the last day, when I was checking out, the staff could not understand of word of English at all. I appreciate I was in Paris, but someone with more language skills would e helpful at reception as visitors come from all over the world to Paris. (Note - I only experienced this on checkout)

Bed was comfy, room was good, staff was friendly and so were the other visitors staying over.

I didn't like the fact that we could not stay longer.

Excellent choices at breakfast. The room was comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The location was close to transport links and the neighbourhood was pleasant. There were good restaurants close by and within easy walking distance, I would recommend this hotel.

The hotel info says parking is available on site. It is not. There is no parking at the hotel, it has an arrangement with a garage in an apartment block for parking slots some 300 metres away. Moreover the numbering of the parking slots is horrendous - number are not consecutive.

Everything bar the description of the parking facilities

It was a really bad idea to stay 1 minutes there, the hotel is very very old and the staff are not helpful at all, the room is very small and very bad smell in all the room, not comfortable and not safe at all, the facilities is zero and the hall ways in the hotel didn't fit my bag. I asked them to cancel the booking once i find the room is bad (small and smell), the staff force me to stay and leaving me without any option. I slept there 5 h, and in the morning i find one Pearson opened the door without Knocking the door. I am not recommend anyone to stay there.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child)

No AC, but we did arrive late at night on the hottest day in Paris, but we managed to sleep with balcony doors open in the bedroom and lounge since we were on the 8th floor we felt pretty safe! For the price it was good - but please note it is about 30min or more to get to the main tourist sites using metro and walking!

Location felt safe to walk around late at night still people out and about, 8min walk to the Metro, 2 big single sofa beds were comfortable, main double bed in the bedroom was comfortable. Loved the bathroom, there was a big shower, temperature and pressure was good.

The room was a little small (the door of the bathroom could only open to a point before it hit the edge of the bed...)

It was clean and comfortable, very good location for bars and restaurants that were not too touristy (mainly Parisians were eating there too!) and good prices..

• Triple Comfort Room

Close to all main transport to travel to Eiffel Tower park zoologique and uber was cheap as everything was close by. We experienced the tourist side of Paris and the local genuine Paris. With two toddlers buying snacks, fresh milk and drinks was very cheap as there was a local supermarket just a tithe road from the hotel. Breakfast was amazing at the hotel and Nicole who served the breakfast was so lovely to us especially to my daughter. Very nice quiet hotel. I think we were the noisiest. The location was excellent away from all the hustle and bustle especially when you come back in the evening and just wanting rest.

The room is quite small, although this seems to be fairly typical of Paris. Whilst nice to be in a local neighbourhood, travelling to the key central places of Paris seemed to take a while.

The room was clean and tidy and the hotel very quiet. We appreciated the air conditioning! A short walk from one of the Metro lines. The hotel is situated in a local area, which is nice if wanting to avoid the tourist traps of Paris.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child)

we were accommodated in a apartment which was just couple of minutes away from the main hotel,as we were 4 and maximum they could accommodate in the main hotel rooms was 3. Apartment itself was clean with all facilities but no air conditioner however we easily managed with fans.

clean and well maintained. breakfast was good

Didn't have any complaints with the hotel at all.

The staff are v friendly and helpful at all times. The room was perfect for us and the bed was very very comfortable. In fact my wife had the best nights sleep in the hotel than she's had for a long time. There are two Metro stations within 10 minutes walking distance which can get you to wherever you wish to go and are very easy to use.

It was a perfect location for our long weekend in Paris. The room is not large, but it was cozy, very clean and on a quiet street. We tried the breakfast on our last day... we should have taken it for our whole stay: very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The location is terribly good as it only needs to walk 5mins to the metro station Line 8. The room though is small while cozy. One thing I'm not satisfied with the cleaning service, you could have changed my sheets in 4 days staying.

Would have liked to be a little closer to more bars and restaurants but benefit of location was it was very quiet.

Room was very comfortable and area was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Triple Comfort Room

very grumpy staff not helpful and on our arrival the way we were received.on this instant I wished I did not book this particular hotel .small lack of space to move .Not a friendly hotel at all!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

One member of staff was quite intimidating during the one time we had breakfast, it made us not want to go again. Also not having a do not disturb sign as an option on the door isn't great, as we were woken up more than twice by the cleaning staff and with the language barrier, they couldn't understand us.

Good location to the Eiffel Tower and easy access to the Metro. The receptionist was very accommodating and helped us with all our queries. She also kept our suitcases safe while we were waiting for our transport to the airport, which meant we weren't stuck in the lobby on our last day.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Wifi kept cutting out by reception/lobby area when we were conducting business.

The room was larger than expected and the bathroom was clean with nice decor. Breakfast was a small selection but was enough, as long as I got my croissants, coffee and orange juice, I was happy!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

The staff member who assisted with my check-out. He gave me attitude when I requested to take the payment from the pre-authorization charge.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

The room looked exactly as it did in the pictures when we booked it. Very clean and on a quiet street. I only have a picture of the bathroom but I will upload it. Our room was perfect for 3 people and we loved how the window opened up (able to store waters and soda on the window seal to keep cold) less than a 5 minute walk to the metro! Also there are bars and cafes just right around the corner :) staff was very helpful and always nice!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

No english and Arabic channels movies or news. The room size is small. No shelves at the bathroom . The sound of music comes from the elevator is loud i heard from my room.

Clean and easy metro accses.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The owner was extremely obliging despite my very late arrival. Pleasant and courteous . Very short but enjoyable stay and a very easy run in to Calais for the train crossing,

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The ambiance is good, rooms are good enough, cleanliness is observed , good location , approachable staff, and wifi works 24/7. Please provide also a disposable hotel slipper 😂😂😂

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child)

Not located on hotel premises but in apartment complex for locals, so no daily cleaning. No a/c, so had to leave balcony doors open, which allowed cigarette smoke from neighbors into rooms.

Kitchenette useful, including dishes and utensils. Electric fans thankfully provided but would have been better with a/c.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Helpful and friendly staff! we arrived at 11 am and our number was already prepared. :) The room was really nice and clean. Would definitely come back and reccommend to others! Thank you for everything!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Variable attitude of staff. Some very good and others not very welcoming. It does not take much to smile to your customers. One member of staff was damn right rude to a customer in front of ladies.

Clean comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Triple Comfort Room

Was very hot no air con ! Not sure if if there was or just didn't know how to use it :( my daughters bed she was uncomfortable,

Friendly staff, nice clean room ! Breakfast was nice, hotel was decrorated,

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The room was very small and too tight with a third bed that we didn't need. Breakfast was OK'ish, but not ready at the time announced which was a problem. Building work went on next door from 9 am

Very conveniently located for my meeting in Paris

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Some of the staff wasn't friendly at all. The bedroom wasn't bright at all (and it was quite small).

Good location not far from tube stations, restaurants and Eiffel Tower area.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Parking quite expensive an then you need to walk like 2 min to your car-park. This is not a big problem however every time to get your car from the park or get into it you need to borrow pilot from reception. This is really annoying.

not far away from city center, restaurants in nearby. Friendly stuff, calm, fast internet

The room is small and facility is old

Location is good

• Triple Comfort Room

Everything was fine . Small friendly pleasant hotel. Nice area all within walking distance.

The room could be a little bigger.

Proximity to public transportation

The water pressure in the shower was very good!

Location perfect Customer service of the lady there fantastic

Small spaces thus discriminating against tall persons.

Location, value and clean, comfortable rooms.

The room is quiet small but i guess it's like thst in paris.

The neighborhood is peaceful and few minutes walk from metro station.

selma old

Wi-if didn’t work + the shower cabin..

The bed!

receptionist

bedroom is clean, well equiped

Room was small but clean and comfortable. Beds were comfortable . I would stay here again

Room smelling cigarette

Area

Good

No pillow no shawl staf as shopping ex ex...

Rooms were smaller than shown in the pictures. NO FRIDGE in the rooms.

Breakfast was good.

Lighting in the room, impossible to see inside of wardrobe.

Rooms a bit dark

Comfy clean and good breakfast

Bed is perfectly soft! I like this hotel!

Breakfast, location, service were all great.

the bed is too soft

staff is very nice and room is clean

• Triple Comfort Room

Would like staff to be more approachable and rooms are a little cramped - bad lighting

Clean

Very friendly staff. Room is small but clean. Perfect for a short stay!

small size room

location was good..staff was vey helpful and room cleaning service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults + 1 Child)

A bit far from the action, not the greatest facilities right outside.

I had the apartment and it was clean and suitable for my needs.

my daughter had bedbugs bites.

location,locationclose to metro

Corridors on the dark side

The staff are very friendly and helpful

• Triple Comfort Room

When you click pay now when booking the hotel you expect to pay now not on arrival at the hotel. Really misleading.

Wifi

Almost Everything.

Nothing to mention.

Hotel was in a quiet area and 5 minute walk to trains.

Excellent breakfast