Reviews of Hotel De Nemours 3 stars

5, Rue De Nemours, Rennes City Centre, 35000 Rennes, France

#7 of 34 hotels in Rennes

• Comfort Double Room

There was only a large blanket on the bed and no sheet, and as they didn't allow the temperature to be controlled in the room I was either too hot or too cold at night.

Location is perfect, right in the city center. Room and bathroom were beautiful and very clean. Staff was great, very friendly and spoke English very well.

• Cosy Double Room

The room was a bit of a squash but even so we would definitely return.

Really central, very clean, smart and modern. Ordered breakfast in the room-excellent quality and price. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Comfort Double Room

The view from our room was an icky car park. The bathroom was a wet room and I felt bad for getting water everywhere. The room was hot and I couldn’t get the air conditioning to work.

The room was super clean and new and good quality. The staff had excellent English and the location in Rennes was fabulous, right in the center and a short walk from everything!

• Comfort Double Room

The Portuguese-origin Night porter is very proud of Hotel Nemours' breakfast offering. And quite rightly so. It was excellent. Lovely spacious room with comfortable bed and good-sized bathroom and shower. My room faced onto one of the main shopping streets but it was lovely and quiet, all night. Also liked the option to get tea or coffee at any time, either down in the breakfast room or via room service...

• Cosy Double Room

The hotel speaks mostly French and the communication in English is difficult.

The room was very good, clean and quiet. The hotel is perfectly located at the city center. The personnel is very friendly.

• Comfort Double Room

I would have rated it higher but on my second morning at breakfast all the tables were full of used cutlery and I had to ask someone to clear the tables. I was in a rush but when asking someone to do something the tables were cleared immediately. The person apologised for the inconvenience.

Location was great for my purposes.

The official hotel is close to the entrance. However, they gave us a room up in the hill, close to the abbey. It means carrying your bags through many stairways... MANY! No one will assist you.

We had a room for 4 and it accommodated is well. Beds are comfortable. There's a kettle, which is helpful in winter.

• Cosy Double Room

Room was a little bit too small, temperature in the room was too cold and thermostat was awkward to adjust

Location is very central, room was very clean, breakfast was good

• Cosy Double Room

The WiFi is not the best, the connection is not fast enough to work and the hotel doesn’t offer a premium version.

The location is perfect to enjoy the city, in the area around the hotel there are plenty of restaurants and cafes, and some of the best bakery in town. The staff was very friendly and professional. The room are quiet and clean, our bathrrom had a very comfortable shower.

• Cosy Double Room

I was expecting the room to be small, but it was really really tiny! I did not mind as I was staying for only one night and I was alone, but two people might have struggled to stay in the room (basically, I did not have enough space to open my luggage). Also, the phone was not working, so I could not ask for a wake-up call; but this was not too bad, I just set like 3 alarms on my phone just in case ;)

The hotel is really really nice, clean and modern. The staff were quite helpful and actually let me pay at the start of my stay, as I had to catch an early flight the next morning. It is located right in the centre, so the location is perfect. The bus that takes you to/from the airport is less than 5 mins walking, so it was perfect for what I needed

• Cosy Double Room

Paying €2.50 for a cup of percolated coffee which most hotels have has complimentary!!! Unfortunately there was no where else to go so I had to have one there

The staff were very helpful with directions around the town

• Privilege Double Room

Our bicycles were parked outside round the back although they were in a locked area. I stipulated when I booked the room I needed locked undercover overnight storage. As it happens when the next member of staff came on duty she allowed us to put our bikes in the laundry room.

Nothing special.

• Cosy Double Room

No information provided with our booking regarding parking, so we parked some distance away and walked (later discovered there was some parking quite near to the hotel). Room was VERY small but fine for one night. Scaffolding outside the windows would have been annoying had we been staying longer and had it not been a weekend!

The room was quiet (at the back of the building). The receptionist was helpful with finding a local restaurant, etc. We had a very good breakfast.

• Comfort Double Room

My room was quite small and through the night I could hear constant doors shutting and people up and down the stairs

Staff were super helpful and really friendly

• Comfort Double Room

The rooms are fairly small and cramped. Those facing onto the Rue de Nemours can be noisy, especially on the lower floors. The thing I disliked the most however is that this is a "dry" hotel for some reason. No alcohol, no bar, no ice, I guess they feel that with so many bars nearby they don't need to offer drinks themselves, but it does detract from the overall experience. Personally I like to have a drink while sitting in the lounge (which here is very pleasant) of the hotel I am staying in.

This is hotel is ideally located in Rennes city centre, close to a myriad of fabulous restaurants and bars. It is spotlessly clean and actually has windows that open (a big plus in my book). The staff are very helpful, and the continental breakfast is good.

• Cosy Double Room

Super location. Friendly and helpful staff. Very comfortable rooms. Surprisingly quiet for such a central location. We appreciated the upgrade when there was a small problem with our toilet flush.

• Comfort Double Room

The room was smaller that we thought but I had all what we need

Nice location, you have the feeling you are in a very expensive hotel but the price is quite good. Nice touch with the shower gel and body wash excellent quality. Special mention to Lucie who help us a lot with the restaurant and other recommendations

• Cosy Double Room

Room was very small, although our friends had good size rooms at same price. We were unlucky!

Friendly helpful staff. Excellent location. Lovely breakfast.

• Cosy Double Room

Flexibility of the reservation as they didn't accept to refund my reservation in case of cancellation. I think at least they can took the fees of one night if it's short notice.

the reception is comfortable and my room has street view.

• Cosy Double Room

bed was very uncomfortable and pillows incredibly soft. also very very noisy room on the street with lots of logistics taking place early morning

great design in the hall and common areas, nice staff, great location

• Privilege Double Room

The sofa-bed for the third member of out party, was a little narrow and uneven, though it would have been all right for a smaller child.

The room was nicely decorated and the main double bed was comfortable. Service was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was good. The location is excellent, close to historic sites and restaurants/cafes, but within reasonable walking distance of the railway station (also close to the stop for the airport bus).

• Cosy Double Room

We arrived on a very hot day and had a room on the 5th floor. We were expecting the room to be hot as well, but when we entered the room the airco was on and it was soooo comfy, just perfect!! Lovely breakfast and great interior!

• Cosy Double Room

There was a lot of road work and construction in Rennes, especially around the train station. Allow a little extra time to navigate there, as it is a little confusing.

Great staff, very helpful and friendly. The room was very comfortable. We enjoyed the area, and found a great restaurant nearby. We were only there overnight, but were very happy with the hotel.

• Privilege Double Room

Room and bathroom quite small for a 'privilege' room. Wonder what size a 'cosy' room would have been. Little room for suitcases. Quite a lot of noise from the street.

Nicely decorated, big comfortable bed ( maybe rather too big for the size of the room). Everything nice and clean and new.

• Cosy Double Room

The room had an ensuite bathroom, and a separate toilet cabinet at the other end of the room. Not a comfortable solution.

Room was tiny- hardly bigger than the double bed. Also we were not informed that there are building works taking place and the hotel is surrounded by scaffolding. Otherwise the hotel is very nicely decorated and comfortable, staff are nice and the location is great.

• Comfort Double Room

The lack of tea/coffee facilities, internet was slow or non - existant.

We liked the location, cleanliness, pleasant staff and the general appearance of the hotel was very appealing. The breakfast was good and abundant.

• Comfort Double Room

The taking of the payment two days before we checked in and then taking an additional full payment again for accommodation when we left was an unwanted annoyance which required email and phone calls. We hope it is now rectified.

The reception staff member on Sunday evening was very pleasant and helpful.

• Comfort Double Room

The stay was over very satisfactory. The only negative thing I would say is some of the sockets in the room did not work, which made me need to use the socket in the bathroom to charge my gadgets.

The location is good, in a quiet area not far from the old town. The interior of the hotel is nicely designed.

Breakfast was disappointing.

City centre location was excellent and the air conditioning was a bonus as we were there during a particularly hot spell in May. The hotel is quirky and I liked the decor. Decent hairdryer provided in the bedroom.

Rooms are a bit small

The location is great, the overall design & decoration are "chic" yet make you feel at home - really quiet at night

• Privilege Double Room

Too noisy a location. A nearby apartment played loud music from 1-3am. Needed to close the window, but too hot when closed as no aircon. You could still hear noise too. We had booked to stay in the main hotel, but were moved to an apartment the week before. Would have been good to have had the option to cancel, but not offered.

Bed was comfortable with beautiful bedding

• Comfort Double Room

Pleasant colour scheme & decoration at large. Helpfull receptionist. Central location Very quiet due to excellent sound insulation. No noise from other rooms.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Cosy Double Room

The hairdryer, which is terrible.

This was my second visit to the Nemours. Comfortable bed, quiet, good bathroom, smart decor, good choice at breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, everything I look for when travelling. I had a "cosy" room which was indeed very cosy (ie small) but fine when using the room just for sleeping in.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Comfort Double Room

This hotel is a wonderful find. It's located near the charming city centre on a quiet cobbled street with many excellent bars and restaurants close by. The room I had (501) was super comfortable and quiet with windows that actually opened (how refreshing that is!). Everything spot on here. Lovely helpful staff, comfortable lounge and really great croissants. Very good value for money.

• Comfort Double Room

The Internet was quite hard to access and we didn't have confidence in its security. One of us eventually gave up trying to get onto the Internet.Most people seemed to be using their electronic devices in the main lobby and we suspect that was because it was the best (possibly only) place where they could access the Internet connection. I managed to get on from our bedroom once but other times was forced downstairs to the lobby.

The room was modern, clean, simply but attractively decorated and very comfortable although sizewise it was on the small side for two people. The location was perfect for us. We didn't mind the walk from the north gare and found an excellent fish restaurant on our way to the hotel. The hotel breakfast was very good. Staff were helpful and friendly. We had a very good night's sleep and think the mattress was very good.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Nothing really.. maybe If they provided tea facilities inside the room or a fitness centre...

Everything! From the central location, to the super friendly staff, and the stylish rooms. I had breakfast service in room every morning and was spoiled with choices. It was more than I was expecting!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Cosy Double Room

If you are driving, just watch out for the one-way streets! We parked around the corner at Les Halles which worked out well - but I'm sure we went down a couple of bus-only streets by mistake!

Comfort, decor, location, quietness.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Cosy Double Room

We were first given a room that was very small. Was this because we got a discounted rate through Booking.com? We were able to change for a bigger room because the hotel wasn't full. That made all the difference

Excellent croissants and homemade cakes plus whole meal bread

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The wi-fi is not always working very well, especially from the room.

The hotel is really central located. The hall is comfortable if you need to relax and work.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Lift broke down when we had to carry our suitcases down 3 floors. Room quite small.

Excellent location, very central. we only came to Rennes for a wedding and this hotel was ideal, a few min walk to the Marie ( town hall) where wedding took place.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Privilege Double Room

Very few places to eat on Sunday and Monday as lots close those days.

The location was fantastic for the train and smack bang in the centre of the city

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The "comfort double room" was really small.

Food was good or very good, but the room where the breakfast was served was much too small. You had to fight for a seat.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Cosy Double Room

The room was very small. I had to move chairs around to get enough space to open up my suitcase. And there was a damp smell in the bathroom which I think was related to the badly designed shower tray - fortunately closing the bathroom door kept the smell out of the bedroom during the night.

The location was great, there was plenty to see within easy walking of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Cosy Double Room

Thought it was supposed to be air-conditioned, but didn't spot the control. So it was a little stuffy, as opening the window made it a little noisy.

Quiet, but excellent location. Very nicely decorated. Liked the sofa and books and newspapers in the reception area.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Nothing to complain about really, If I'm being fussy the bed was a tiny bit soft.

All the staff were very helpful. The room was very clean and smart. Great shower-room. Tasty breakfast which was good value at just over 10 Euros each per day.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Cosy Double Room

There was no parking. At public car park: 2€/h or 1,60€/h Public parkingspots in the street: you could only park max. 1-2h.

- Friendly staff and welcoming - Clean room and very modern We stayed at the cosy bedroom (it was small, as mentioned, but you don't need any more space) - Late check out

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The air-conditioned turned off every hour, I had to Google the thermostat user manual to figure out how to override the setback feature.

Quaint hotel at a very reasonable price and a great location!

Decoration, happy staff

• Cosy Double Room

Great location! Small room with tight bathroom, but typical for European hotels.

Lack of secure parking

Beautiful building, fantastic room, great location

• Comfort Double Room

Very nice and clean hotel with friendly staff. Comfortable beds and modern rooms. Very reasonable prices.

Better lighting for reading

Overall it was excellent. The staff were very helpful, and the hotel was elegant and comfortable.

• Cosy Double Room

Small room, but very clean! :)

• Comfort Double Room

No Coffee making facilities.

Great location and staff. Room was little small but matched with the price.

Light fittings in the stairwell need fixing.

The staff were very friendly.

• Comfort Double Room

i was given a room that was too noisy and could not sleep well.

location and cleanliness

More variety for breakfast

Staff were very helpful

• Cosy Double Room

The room could have been a bit bigger

The bed was really comfy

Nothing'

Excellent quality and variety

• Comfort Double Room

Friendly staff and excellent location

• Cosy Double Room

a bit stinky bathroom tiny room

family atmosphere, very good feeling

• Comfort Double Room

Tea & coffee in the room providing akettle would make the room perfect.Lovely room comfy bed great location would diffenantly stay again ☺

Parking a nightmare

Selection great but gluten intolerance but made the most of what was available

• Cosy Double Room

wifi connection what AWFUL!!!

great location, nice hotel, comfort and all

Parking confusing

Central location

• Comfort Double Room

Breakfast accommodation a little cramped. Some tables too low for comfort.

Grewt location. Confortable beds. Super calm

• Comfort Double Room

tea/coffee facilities in room would have been appreciated

Credit card block

It was nicely done and located

• Privilege Double Room

No tea or coffee facilities in room

Nice room with view over street. Effective air con and comfortable bed.

• Privilege Double Room

Earlier check in would be better.

Carole was especially helpful and charming.

• Cosy Double Room

Friendly staff. Lovely deco!

No tissue box