Reviews of Hotel De Seine 3 stars

52 Rue De Seine, 6th arr., 75006 Paris, France

#175 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

9.7

Just a shower and I'm a tub girl. But everything was immaculately clean.

The rooms were clean, the staff was very nice, and the location was great. Perfect!

Decoration was a little old, and there was not much place for clothes in the room

It is a small hotel, very well located. Big bathroom wich is unusual in Paris.

There was only one electrical outlet in the whole room. I had to buy an outlet expander and a 15 foot extension cord, for a CPAP machine and to use the hairdryer. Plus charge all of our devices. The pillows were too hard. There was zero smoke alarms or sprinklers. You have to turn in your room key when you leave the hotel, each time. Which was a good thing, as the key fob was a "sinker" shape solid brass blob, with your room number engraved into it. So for a modern electronic door lock, we expected a generic key fob. We asked them to call a cab which took credit cards. They got us one that didn't want to. Plus the cabbie over charged 14e over the agreed to cost. The property was very old. I'm just not used to being in such an old property. No one knew how old the building was.

It had Air Conditioning! That the staff accommodated my special needs and let me store my frozen GF food. The room met our needs. No issues, beyond the usual, of getting and maintaining the towels you want. All of the staff were really nice and helpful!

The room was dark and stuffy and the ceilings low (under the eaves). Perhaps I’d been allocated a less attractive room as I was a single person?

Location was perfect for my needs. Staff were friendly. The room and bathroom clean.

Glasses instead of plastic tumblers.

Location/Location and friendly ambience. Comfortable and central; I always enjoy this charming typically French hotel. I would not stay anywhere else.

The TV didn't work well at all and the remote was so gross I had to wash it - wish they had a TV listing, only one plug for charging devices

The staff were so friendly and helpful!!!

Room was very small and cramped.

The location could not be better. Right in the centre of the St Germain life and within easy walking distance of major galleries and museums.

The Hotel Seine is such a gorgeous quaint , typical French hotel ! The staff were very accommodating and friendly and the location of the hotel was excellent! Robin at reception was a delightful man :)

The water pressure of the shower could have been better. Also a way to regulate the temperature would have been handy, since now we controlled it by radiator (too cold/hot in the night).

The location was amazing. The staff was really friendly. We had a beautiful room with a balcony.

This is in a central district, close to lovely restaurants and cafes and a short walk from Notre Dame as well as convenient for the metro. My room faced the courtyard and was wonderfully quiet; small but with all the facilities I wanted. The reception was able to lend me a plug adaptor when I'd forgotten mine from the UK. Breakfast was just right - lovely coffee and croissant.

Their internal reservation system said it was full and I had a discount offer, but booking.com said there was an opening. I wish the information flow between the two was better. It was expensive for my evening at the hotel.

Hotel de Seine is always a lovely place to stay.

During this visit, I had an unfortunate travel delay. Due to massive windstorms in Amsterdam (where I was arriving to Paris from), all trains were canceled from Amsterdam for an entire day. It was in the news. I called the hotel immediately to let them know upon my train been canceled (it was about noon, when I called). They asked if I still plan to make the stay for the following evening, as I had booked for two nights. I informed them that yes, I would do what was necessary to get there. I ended up having to pay for an additional train ticket to even make it to Paris the next day (it took me 3 trains to get there due to the back log of rebooking), all to honor the remainder of my reservation. In spite of the circumstances, Hotel de Seine insisted on charging me for the night I was forced to cancel. As a long-standing patron of this hotel, I was thoroughly insulted. I had called as promptly as was possible about the delay. I paid for an additional train to get to Paris, in order to honor the remainder of my reservation, I would've skipped Paris altogether if I'd known this was the result. I travel Europe frequently. I have two more reservations at this hotel in the coming months, both of which I'm contemplating canceling. If after years of what I thought of as a relationship with this hotel, they cannot simply forgive one travel misfortune, there isn't much of a relationship there to begin with. I am a business woman, so I understand there is a bottom line. However, the host at the hotel would not confirm for me whether not they were actually able to rent the room that I had reserved anyway. My assumption, is that they were able to (in the time that I was there I saw two hopeful guests walk in with suitcases, only to be turned away because they were "fully booked", no doubt Paris is a busy city). If that is the case, then they are simply charging me to punish me. Either way, it is a bad business decision.

The hotel is fine. Great location, though many hotels are well located in Paris.

Nice hotel in Saint Germain des Pres. Very così, clean and friendly staff. Great shops and restaurants in the area. You can walk to Notre Dame, Louvre and Orsay museums. Recommended!

Hot water for a shower

Everything was over ridden by the fact we had ice cold water in the taps and could not have a bath or shower in the morning....we received a 15% discount on only one room ( even though we had friends that came with us and had booked 2 rooms ) and only after I had asked a few times about some sort of compensation . Location was great but I would never stay at this hotel again

The latch/lock to one of our windows was broken and our window would blow open with a strong wind. We reported this problem three times and it was never fixed. A room should be secure--ours was not.

We really like the neighborhood, access to metro, laundry and cafes.

Breakfast is a bit expensive so walked 50m to Rue Buci where plenty of choices.

Excellent location, large bedroom overlooking the street-yet quiet. Great bathroom. Comfortable bed.

With the busy street scene rooms on the front of the building can be a bit noisy, especially if you like to sleep with the windows open as we do. Rooms on the courtyard, while quiet, offer nothing attractive to look at.

Very friendly desk clerks, all. The hotel is located in a bustling, lively neighborhood with lots of good restaurants nearby. Rooms are generally on the smaller side, as is typical for a European hotel. We generally chose to not pay for the inhouse breakfast, since there are good choices which are somewhat more reasonably priced just steps outside. No parking available from the hotel (although I'm sure public parking is available nearby, at a price), but I wouldn't want a car in Paris anyway. There are UBER cars everywhere- we reserved an Uber in advance for our morning return flight and it was there to the minute of the requested time (a 6 AM weekday drive to CDG took just 30 minutes, by the way.)

1-The manager should think about adding a curtain for the bathtub(the little piece of glass doesn't work, obviously) 2 -We can't blame the hotel for this point. We stayed there starting from Thursday, unfortunately the night party stared in the bar as well, which was not far from the hotel. So we had to suffer 2-3 noisy night, but I think this is the way of living for french young people. Anyway, I recommand the hotel to add some infrastructures of sound insulation. This will be better.

If you are looking for a hotel near resorts and with a resonable price especially in paris. Here's a good choice. The staffs are quite helpful by the way.

Only stayed one night so location for Paris in the left bank St Germain, was fantastic. Short walk to the river, Notre Dame and the Louvre. Restaurants, laundromat, supermarket nearby! Small hotel with comfortable rooms..very good.

The air conditioning in our friend's rooms wasn't quite adequate, very warm in the rooms. The air in our room was fine though. Rooms a bit small but comfortable, what you would expect in a European hotel.

Great location in Latin Quarter. Close for walking to Louvre, Notre Dame, Seine, Pantheon, Luxembourg Gardens, etc. Fun bistros and cafes all around! It was a quintessential French hotel!

Would have loved a fridge in room to put fresh milk. Only the very small little tubs of long life milk and never very many left in room for 2 people.

Breakfast was very good. Good choice for a continental breakfast. Staff always friendly and helpful. Comfy bed and pillow. Bathroom very clean. Good size Bath and shower. Lovely little lounge area downstairs. Location is the key here. You step outside to everything you could want. Restaurants cafes markets shops. Love love the area.

The room was a bit hot and the bathroom was a bit tight but nothing to complain about really

The best things about this hotel are it's great location and the helpful friendly staff. We didn't have breakfast there. The bed was very comfy. My husband has arthritis in his legs and found the bathroom a bit tight. Overlooking the courtyard which wasn't a great view but it was very quiet.

Our view wasn't the nicest but we were hardly in the room so it really didn't matter.

The location of this small boutique hotel was fabulous. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We were surprised how quiet it was considering all of the action in such close proximity. We loved staying in the St Germaine area of Paris. I would definitely stay here again.

Charming old building in St. Germaine, right next to all the restaurants and galleries. My room was quiet, the air-conditioning worked. Helpful, friendly staff. The room was comfortable.

More variety at breakfast.

Wonderful, welcoming staff. Clean, comfortable room. Excellent location. Great value for the price. Could have not asked for more!

Breakfast is pricy for what you get, but not uncommon for any hotel breakfast--better to walk around the neighborhood and eat there. However, if you are on a time crunch or famished it is convenient. Walls in the bathroom are rather thin, could hear the next doors entire conversation, but only in the bathroom not the actual room.

Staff always friendly, decent amount of space for a hotel in Paris, beds very comfortable, sheets soft and impeccably white, hotel contacted me before the trip by email if there was anything I needed/if I wanted suggestions of local restaurants (tried many of their recommendations and it was excellent). There is an elevator, of course, it is a European so can only fit about 3 people.

The shower/tub needs a bigger partition. Water gets all over the floor. The elevator broke and the hot water went out our last day.

Friendly, helpful staff. Great location. Comfortable bed.

Ahhh, I adore this lovely hotel!! It couldn't be more charming and Parisian! The staff welcomed us with smiles everytime we walked in the door and made us feel right at home! We are a family of 5 and had two adjacent rooms that were decorated as if in a story book! We were on the top floor and could see the rooftops of Paris and the charming street below. The location couldn't be better-- a few minutes walk from the Seine and the pedestrian bridge-- and all around are picture perfect streets lined with quintessential Parisian cafes. If we could only see one district in Paris to get the Parisian feel, this would be it! From the hotel, everything in Paris can be reached on foot-- it allowed us to maximize every second of this amazing city. We wished we could've stayed longer and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else next time we return to Paris!! We loved everything about the Hotel de Seine!

Although we loved the location the hotel is a bit run down. However - the staff was so incredibly helpful and friendly...every single one....great place and great value for the money.

We booked an airport shuttle advertised on the front desk at Euros 18.00 to the airport, but we were charged Euros 65.00 as it was supposedly a 'Private Transfer'. It was definitely NOT booked as such when we asked the girl at reception, and we were shocked to discover the discrepancy. So double check to ensure no misunderstanding in this regard. The plastic "glasses" in the bathroom were a disappointment.

Charming ambience; central location close to the 'vibe' of Paris; very friendly. The lovely young man on the reception desk was very helpful and extremely charming also; nothing was too much trouble. We would definitely stay here again.

Breakfast a bit expensive, though convenient. There are neighborhood alternatives, but you don't save much. This part of Paris is not cheap.

The location would be hard to beat; easy walk to Notre Dame, Orsay, Louvre -and Metro. Very quiet despite the centrality. Nice sitting room. Friendly English speaking staff.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

There was no way of letting them know when we would like our bed linens changed. We ended up staying 5 nights and we were never able to find out how to get our linens changed.

The hotel is just a short walk away from Notre Dame and the St. Michel Notre Dame RER/metro station which can take you anywhere! It is in a wonderful area of Paris. Lots of wonderful restraunts and cafe's to eat at and fun, unique shops near by. The rooms were very clean but had a wonderful 'Europen' and 'homey' feel. The staff were all very kind and helpful.

Room was a bit small but other than that ok.

Customer service was great! Girl at reception quite nice and helpful. Close to train station, about a 6 min walk, which was great. There was a Laundromat quite close to hotel which was excellent. Eateries were very close by and so was supermarket.

I missed a small refrigerator in the room for cold drinks.

The best location in Paris! Five minutes walk to the Louvre Museum. Ten minutes to the beautiful Luxenbourg garden. Small nice restaurants and local fast-food for breakfast, lunch or dinner just around the corner. Very "parisienne" atmosphere in the neighborhood, small independent shops and galleries in the street, quiet in the nights, excellent beds, cleaning and furniture.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great location!! Many restaurants and bars that we were able to enjoy night life safely. Walking distance to Eiffel Tower, Louver museum, champs elysees, Notre Dame, train/bus stations. Friendly, clean, and good size room:)

The hotel was oozing with history and charm. We had an attic room on the 6th floor and it was full of character. The hotel is not huge but meets all standards. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Excellent location, just 5 minutes from the metro and a short stroll to the Seine and museums. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and even sent me a list of nice restaurants nearby that I could go to during my stay. Room was good sized, comfy bed and nice decor. Bathroom a bit on the small size, but not a huge issue. Very good value for money.

The view from the hotel is not the best but it is not the most important. I guess in the city center of Paris or London what you need the most is the convenience location.

Location is perfect! Right in the Paris city center. 2min walk to Odeon station on M4 line. 10min walk to the Louvre and 5 min walk to the river. Plenty restaurants around too. Staff is very very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay there and I would definitely go back there.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Nothing to complain about.

The location was excellent. 5 mins walk to the river and Tuillerie Gardens. 2 min walk to St Germain des Pres. Staff excellent very helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Breakfast is not included, but I think this is typical for Paris, so no issue here.

Excellent location. Friendly and helpful staff. Fantastic view from the room window (Paris roofs and even Eiffel Tower on horizon). Room is clean and cozy.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Nothing it was perfect

Room was cosy and perfect size for a couple on a relaxing week away . Lovely decor and in an ideal location for a stroll around the city

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Glass wall from bath to sink was a little to narrow to avoid getting water on floor when showering. Probably okay for a short person.

Restaurants, bars, food stands, farm market, shopping, museums, etc. everywhere - what more could you want! And yet a quiet location. Five minutes to nearest Metro station, St. Germain-des-Pres. Front desk personnel were very professional and helpful. They helped me expand my abilities in speaking French! Bed was very comfortable and room was pleasantly quiet resulting in good sleep. Free WiFi was great. Nice modern bathroom. Great spiral staircase - keeps the traditional flavor of Paris hotels. Quick elevator for those who need them.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

I arrived two hours earlier, but the hotel has been delayed for one hour to check in. At that time, the counter staff did not make any explanation or apologizes. Although, in another questionnaire has been described.

Before arriving at the hotel, I received the questionnaire of guests' needs. It's so sweet.The location of the hotel is very good. The room is elegant, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

This was my first visit to Paris and after doing lots of research I found this hotel. From arriving to leaving we were not disappointed. The staff were all friendly, spoke very good English and were extremely helpful. The hotel was in an excellent area full of cafes, bars restaurants, galleries etc. and only a 5 minute walk to the Seine. The room was cosy and you could open the windows to look out into the street. Wonderful stay :-)

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

well, I don't know if it was just in my room, but there was no shampoo and conditioner. not a big deal, but just an information..!

The location is great. St. Germain is my favorite neighbourhood in Paris and there are many restaurants, shops around the hotel. When I walk just a little bit, there is La Seine and Jardin Luxembourg. Lovely!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Everything was perfect. Staff, very clean rooms, room's and hotel's design. A lot of places where you can have breakfast. Supermarket in 2 minutes.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Room was a bit warm, but it was a warm day for December.

Desk clerk was very nice and helpful. Close to Notre Dame, cafés, and easy walk to Odeon metro station.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

First time in paris The location was perfect Close to shopping and dining We read all the great reviews on the hotel and yes they are true The staff were amazing

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

This is the third time we stay at Hotel de Seine and recommend it highly. The personal is very friendly and helpful in every way. It is a small hotel in a quiet surrounding but very well located regarding the city life on the left bank. The rooms are small but clean with good beds.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Nothing.. everything super

The lady at reception is awesome. Always smile, helpful and attention to detail with customer needs. I thinks she is the most oustanding reception I ever met during our trip in europe so far. Her smile cheer up our day during rainy day in Paris. Location is perfect for food, shopping and sightseeing. The shuttle bus to Charles De Gaulle airport @ 18 euro perperson is a big plus for us. The room size just nice with detail of french decoration.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The rooms are just a little small, but that's to be expected with this neighborhood! The hotel is updated and stylish, and the street views are superb.

This hotel was in the perfect spot to explore Paris on foot. We loved being just a short walk to the Seine and the Right Bank attractions, yet felt tucked into a vibrant, romantic street of St. Germain-des-Pres. Charming cafes, art galleries and wine bars around every corner. Front desk staff are so friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

a couple of things in the room didn't work, but it didn't spoil our stay. Just part of the charm of a small Paris hotel!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for what we wanted. Central, near to the river, and in a chic and lively area of St Germain. Just around the corner was a street full of great bars and restaurants, something for all times of day. We'll definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Hotel de Seine is a wonderful experience. The location and hotel are just perfect. Of course, Americans are used to larger rooms, but this place is just about perfect for a couple when it comes to space. Nice quiet room. Excellent and friendly service and the best location in Paris at a reasonable price. What more could you want?!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The bed was not to my liking but perhaps others might find it ok. It is a bit like Goldilocks I guess.

The staff went to great lengths to help when we became travel sick, accompanying me to the chemist around the corner to get translate and get medication. The double-glazed windows allowed for a nice street view without the noise.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The rooms were VERY SMALL and outdated! we have three people in one room and there was barely any space to put our luggage. The bathroom was a great size though!

The location is awesome! Next to so many restaurants and shops. There is a super market right around the corner and the hotel does have a small elevator so you don't have to carry your luggage up! The staff was very helpful and friendly and also booked private transfer service to airport!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Elevator is small (2-3 people max). Lots of walking up and down instead. Area around toilet is cramped, so a large person may have difficulty with it.

Great location. Quaint building. Very friendly staff. Clean accommodations. Breakfast very good (not free). Price overall is reasonable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Triple room was a little tight but this price in central Paris, we were satisfied. The location in the heart of St. Germain des Pres makes it within walking distance of many major Paris sites, or an easy bus ride. It's a good smaller more personal hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Computer with really really slow internet. I need to print some tickets and I spent almost an hour trying to access the website and print them...but, wifi is included, so it was not a real issue at all.

Beautiful place, amazing room, great location, great staff

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

The location was terrific. It was in walking distance to a lot of the sights, a short taxi ride to most other venues & in the midst of a large selection of great restaurants. The hotel itself had a lot of character. It is very small & very quaint & all the staff were very helpful & delightful. We would definitely stay there again & highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

The friendliness of the staff and Frenchness of the hotel. The location was superb,just of the Bld St Germain De Pres.Late breakfast option was appreciated;

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Nothing to complain about and we will stay here on our next visit to Paris

Great location and BIG rooms (compared to where we have stayed previously) Staff were really friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

As we were in a triple room for six days a little bigger dresser for our clothes, but, the closet held almost everything. Everything else was perfectly fine.

Loved the location,staff and everything about the place. The staff were all very helpful, made dinner reservations when needed, helped with any and all questions about Paris. If I am lucky enough to go back to Paris I would stay in this very hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

The gentleman at Reception could not be more helpful and friendlier. He was exceptional. Location was excellent, walking distance to just about everything, with restaurants just around the corner.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Bed is a bit uncomfortable, should consider a pillow top for the mattress.

Fantastic location, good sized rooms, clean, great staff and very friendly service. Enjoyed every minute.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Nice and quiet little hotel located in the beautiful neighborhood of St. Germain des Pres.Excellent staff, very friendly and obliging. Wonderful stay!!!

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Breakfast selection was poor for 13 Euros per person. Only cold cereal, a few packaged cheeses and applesauce, and breads. Nothing hot - no eggs or meats. Should have cost only 6 Euros for what you received. Go to one of the many cafes just outside the hotel or walk 5 minutes to Starbucks!

The hotel is very quaint and is located in the beautiful neighborhood of St. Germain des Pres. There are many cafes, restaurants, boutiques, art galleries and food markets within a few hundred feet of the property. It's an excellent location for a home base for sightseeing. Metro stops are within a 5 minute walk. Notre Dame, the Louve, and Musee de Orsay are all within a 10 minute walk. Our room was small and not one of the more recently updated rooms, but was tastefully decorated, clean and completely adequate for our needs. How much time are you in the room anyway? It's Paris! The front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful and gave us lots of suggestions regarding places to eat dinner, transportation, and directions. Breakfast attendant was super friendly and pleasant. All in all, this is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it!

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

If you like be close to Seine River (3 min walk), Louvre, Orsay Museum, Notre Dame (all 5 min walk) stay in this jem hotel. Location could not be better, metro station Mabillon close by, many restaurants and cafes, shopping, parking nearby. Hotel has a lift, AC, good Wi-Fi. We have the room 13 (lucky number) which was very quiet and comfortable with kettle in the room. Merci bien to Thomas and Tristan, front desk people, for your hospitality, kindness and helpfulness. Thomas made a reservation for us for our favorite restaurant in advance (we contacted by email) and sent us a confirmation. It was so nice and caring about the clients. Definitely we will come back in this hotel as we will have a chance to be in Paris again.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

Our air con was too noisy to use.

The staff were fantastic and very helpful. The location could not be better, with fantastic eateries right at your doorstep and the Seine and the Louvre 5minutes walk.

Needs updating a little

Very convenient and great staff

We were give Room near the stairs. Spacious with a small corridor between the bedroom and bathroom. Very good layout. And totally quiet.

Overpriced for what it offers

French style

the lady at the front desk the room was quiet comfortable bed Happy, helpful staff

Breakfast left a lot to be desired

Location....Excellent Staff...Extremely helpful.

Great little hotel in an amazing location. Friendly staff.

Decor could be updated

Excellent location, helpful staff, decor a little tired

Browse Hotel De Seine traveller photo gallery