Reviews of Hôtel De Sers Champs Elysées Paris 5 stars

41 Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#440 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Can’t think of anything

Front desk staff were exceptionally kind and accommodating. We had a late arrival due to a cancelled flight and we were exhausted. We were welcomed with open arms and every detail was covered. Personal attention and assistance was provided with everything from luggage to our planned tour the following morning. Even a late night dinner recommendation was provided. Absolutely everything was perfect!!!!

Maybe the gym could be a bit bigger and more modern .

Staff was extremely friendly , everywhere from reception , concierge , bagagiste , bar , restaurant. A nice to have in Paris ! It makes a huge difference on your overall stay .

• Superior Room

Could hear the closing of doors since very early. My room had 2 doors to get in and could hear the 1st door of the adjacent room

Excellent service. Very friendly staff. Accommodating and great location

nothing -

Great team - we were welcomed by everyone in a hugely positive way. Great rooms, great service - Great Hotel....and the location is fantastic

• Deluxe Room

The room is NOT sound proof and you can hear everything and everyone outside your room. The toilet was not flushing properly and the shower hose was broken. The hair dryer was a poor quality one and the heating system was not working properly and even when I switched it off the room was very very hot that I couldn’t sleep.

The staff were friendly

• Superior Room

The shower/tub had no door nor curtain ;would drench bathroom floor everytime I showered; the hot/cold mixer for shower was faulty; water temperature would fluctuate wildly into very very hot.. too hot I'd have to move out of the jets of water!!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Restaurant has great food, limited menu, but very good quality.

• Superior Room

Breakfast was disappointing. Was never served such breakfast in a 4 or 5 stars hotel.

Amazing staff, excellent location and welcoming hotel. Very comfortable.

• Superior Room

Disaster room service Had a very very shame experience once I reach I tried to sleep in the bed ! They upgrade the room but I wasn’t happy at all . It’s my 4th time in this hotel but for the first time I had this bad experience By the way I extend 3 more nights .so my total stay were 6 nights .

• Superior Room

I have been staying at this hotel for 30 years, when is was the Queen Elizabeth Hotel" an old, fusty and badly decorated hotel. Its renovation and transformation 10 - 15 years ago have made it my favourite hotel.

• Superior Room

Shower head leaked on floor. Really minor.

Phenomenal rooms and property. Loved everything about it. Amazing location next to four seasons hotel. Very close to Champs Elysee and restaurants/shopping.

• Superior Room

All the chanels on TV were ion french. News in english would have been nice.

Location was perfect. The staff was very helpful and nice. At breakfast waitress Emily with her wonderful smile was a great start for the day. All of them were nice, but Emily had the name tag on her jacket so that's how I know her name. Extra bonus was the Paris weather and that The Rolling Stones stayed in the neugbour Hotel. The area was extremely parisien.

• Superior Room

when I decided to add another night to the (2) nights stay a couple of weeks before the trip, the rate for that additional night doubled which is really unfortunate. Breakfast is not so great and extra charges for eggs etc.

Location is great, close proximity to restaurants and other tourist attractions

• Superior Room

I'm not feeling my self in 5-star hotel it missing for the important things, for example, complimentary water for free (all 5 stars hotels they have that ) week in the management cause I ask for an electrical socket and nobody provide it the bathroom shower is not working properly

great decoration in the lobby and restaurant and nice environment

• Superior Room

More hangers and kettle in room. Both were supplied after our request.

The concierge and staff were very impressive. Very helpful especially when we arrived without luggage and too early for checkin. Offered shower in Spa area and made sure our room was ready by noon. The breakfast was also delicious, and dinner recommendations were perfect. All within walking distance, very safe area. Would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Deluxe Room

The photographer made fantastic photos from the hotel and rooms. The first impression was a bit worse than we expected(but the staff compensated with their kindness). Breakfast is expensive.

Fantastic staff

• Superior Room

I rated staff with a high grade, very friendly and helpful at the reception desk. Only thing that was a bit discouraging was the staff during breakfast, kept forgeting things and seemed uninterested. I really couldn't think of anything else I didn't like.

Lovely atmosphere; very cosy room; perfect restaurant garden- had the breakfast there; location!

• Deluxe Room

We had several logistic issues with our room : the bathroom door could not be closed, the water streams in the shower were partially blocked by limestone and the air condition did not work for the first two days while it was extremely hot in Paris!! The hotel staff provided us a ventilator until the air condition was fixed. The staff was very responsive to our complains and fixed all these problems . They offered us our last night for free as a compensation .

Great location and the staff is really professsional and helpful! The breakfast is very good , located in a very nice patio.

Size of room but that isn't an issue one the entire city

Great location. Very friendly staff, will go out of their way to help. Very clean modern rooms.

• Deluxe Room

Reception no air con, very hot during summer. Very small fitness room, sauna, and steam room, size for 2-4 people max.

clean and new hotel, nice staffs, great breakfast, great location, good service

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The lobby smell and cleanliness, the staff service was a bit lower than expected, they didn't provide extended check-out time although I came for the day only, they didn't have safety deposit boxes although I had to check out early and had to spend the rest of the day without a room.

The location, comfortable and clean rooms...

• Superior Room

The breakfast was a joke, they'll give you a menu that's included in your stay.. A coffee, bread, yoghurt and orange juice for 30 Euro per person! It's a dam joke. The minibar didn't work, they hade the air conditioner exactly outside my room, you could here the annoying sound everday.. Will not book this hotel again!

• Superior Room

A bit understaffed for breakfast so there was some misunderstanding and it took to long, but since we was on holiday we had time. Had I been there for business, this would have been my first and last stay. But again, I was on holiday and enjoyed staying at the hotel.

Excellent location. Very friendly and service minded staff, I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Superior Room

Hotel dosent deserve to be rated as five star ,there is no basic amenities at the room no water boiler machine for tea or coffee ,rooms are. Wet small ,no standing shower ,we had bad expierence last day of our stay there was cut in the water from 3 we had to be informed about it at 5 they tried to compensate us with one night free but already the day has been spoiled and we had to spent the whole day outside to avoid being there in the room with no water

Location was the best thing about the property

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

The price is high. It could be a very good "budget" five star hotel. Otherwise, comparison with other 5 stars starts.

The Staff Doorman, Reception, Concierge, Restaurant Breakfast, Cleaning, location are perfect. The staff and management work hard to keep the hotel at 5 star status

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Superior Room

We had a cheeky peek at the room service one night but it was pretty expensive for what you got.

The staff were incredible, really went out of their way to help me and my partner to establish the best POA in regards to maximising our time comfortable in Paris. The location is a 2 min walk from the north of the Champ Elyees (Arc De Triumph) which meant travel on the Metro was simple if not in walking distance. We had the executive room which I believe is their most basic option; the room was very clean, came with a beautiful balcony area and the bed was the best night sleep I have had in years. The restaurant looked fantastic although we did not eat here as we were so busy seeing the amazing sights that Paris has to offer. Overall we were delighted with our stay and would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Superior Room

Shower was terrible (old school shower - not a rain show). Bed was just OK, not super comfy.

Location, Friendly helpful staff. Modern Parisian design of lobby. Breakfast and breakfast room were very nice. Relatively spacious rooms for Paris.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Superior Room

room size is smallish even for a superior room but I guess this is to be expected in Central Paris

new renovation is elegant and design, staff is attentive yet discreet ... I had spent a lot of time in this hotel when it first opened 13+ years ago but had not been in over 8 years and I am not disappointed at all / they were also a big hit with my 7 years old daughter

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Superior Room

Breakfast in room with extra charge. No showers only tubs.

The breakfast room is very nice with the glass ceiling. Friendly staff. Excellent location. Nice lobby and interior

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Superior Room

Location is just perfect! Stuff is nice friendly and highly professional. I've lost one of my earrings in the room just before leaving the hotel and we've spent 2 hours trying to find it with my husband but unfortunately failed. Anyway I left my number at the reception just in case. And... 3 hours later they called me to say that it was found!!!!!!!! As we were still in Paris we came to pick it up. Can you imagine how happy I was! Many many thanks to girls at the reception and of course Housekeeping lady!!!!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Superior Room

It was dirty, the toilet had big exposure to the outside because there was a big window in it. We encountered a rat in the breakfast area while having breakfast. And the bread basket was already with someone else.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Love every detail in this hotel the food the service ,,bathrooms were great they took care of every thing ,they were provided everyday with soaps and lotions.. Staff are so friendly ,love the black and purple slippers..

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

Cannot think of any significant area that needs improvement. If the wifi signal could be boosted somewhat that would be great.

The staff was attentive, professional and very helpful with all of our needs during our stay. The accommodations were wonderful and breakfast was amazing.

• Superior Room

There are no coffee or tea facilities in the rooms

All if it

• Superior Room

The hotel is perfectly placed to visit the city and the staff were second to none for help and attentiveness.

• Superior Room

The room was smaller then expected, but this is almost always the case in Paris

Location is excellent, very friendly staff. Beautiful hotel!

The Location

• Superior Room

The perfect location,in walking distance to just about everywhere(attractions,shopping,dinning etc).

• Superior Room

The shower wasn't very good

The service was excellent. The coffee was very good.

the bathroom

• Superior Room

The breakfast was extremely bad.

The service of the front desk personel was outstanding.

The cost of over €6 each time I asked the Concierge to order a taxi

The staff were great. Very pleasant and helpful

• Superior Room

We were in disabled room

Shower could be better

• Deluxe Room

It is better to have more Arabic channels

I like the location of the hotel and the staff intimate

• Superior Room

Room size was a little small and entry to bathroom was placed differently

Good staff / clean / good service

The staff are helpful

Its okey

Very poor service no room service at night. Très fable service Les robinets depuis 1980

Le lobby

Excellent service.

• Deluxe Room

No cattle in the rooms No complementary water in the room

The staff the service The location

• Deluxe Room

over priced. Facility in hotel limited.

All was good

Loved the location. We go to Paris every year and have never stayed in the Chamos Elysées. We were very pleased.

THE HOTEL OVER CHARGED ME WITHOUT MY APPROVAL BY EURO 1300.00

LOCATION

• Superior Room

Yannick the doorman/concierge was the best

• Superior Room

Nice people from staff and the room was very clean.

• Superior Room

no frills room, but appropriate for the price. Helpful staff.

location is superb

Paris !

Room service - Breakfast -

• Superior Room

Poor Breakfast which is including with the room

• Superior Room

When showering the water goes out And we can not sit in the Garden and smoke

Breakfast no good

Near shopping center

• Superior Room

The hotel amenities and facility

• Eiffel Suite

Waiters at the restaurant and cleanning staff

Stunning view over Paris roofs and at Eiffel Tower from two top floors

• Superior Room

Clean and stall high level.

Perfect stay! Very competent staff.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Superior Room

Very nice clean and near everything

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Superior Room

Tha staff are amazing, brilliant location

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

resturant

location, staff were very helpful and the room design.

The gym is smaller than my bed and very old

• Superior Room

No coffee machine in room

Size of room is huge for Paris

Browse Hôtel De Sers Champs Elysées Paris traveller photo gallery