Reviews of Hotel De Suede Saint Germain 3 stars

31 Rue Vaneau, 7th arr., 75007 Paris, France

#964 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Nice room.

At times difficult to communicate with staff. Language issues mainly. Not as good as hotel in Paris last year. Not a major problem but could be better

Nice room. Good location. Breakfast good.

A little further out than I had anticipated but a lovely hotel
    • Double Room with Garden View

Room tea/coffee facilities needed to be asked for on return each afternoon, were not replaced with room cleanse. Desk staff not happy to be asked for them in the afternoon. Was billed for a breakfast I did not have.

Room had a very pleasant aspect over local park. It was very clean

Good value for location

Bed could be better, bathroom could be bigger. Shower door/curtain very unstable

Bed uncomfortable on one side. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast tasty.better

The toiletries were of good quality, and the cleaning...

Complimentary drinks for the room were not replenished for the second night I stayed at the hotel. The room is also incredibly small. While the morning staff/receptionist was quite helpful, the evening staff certainly did not seem very friendly and wouldn't even offer a greeting when guests are leaving or arriving in the hotel. Additionally, upon arriving at the hotel in the evening and trying to get the receptionist to assist me, it was quite difficult to get his attention as he was watching a TV show in his phone.

The toiletries were of good quality, and the cleaning services were excellent. The location is also very good and the hotel is situated in a chic and trendy neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

we liked the proximity to the 6th arrondissement, and the...

kWe missed having a fridge in our room, as the weather was very warm and we like to have a glass of wine at the end of our day. The bath plug and the hand basin plug were both faulty, so we couldn't use the bath. The occasional noise of fast-travelling scooters and motorbikes down the street was annoying, as our room overlooked the street.

we liked the proximity to the 6th arrondissement, and the serenity of the 7th. we liked the boutique feel of the hotel, plus the nightly rate was not so high, compared to the nearby quartiers.

The hotel location is dead and it can be scary at night when...
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel location is dead and it can be scary at night when walking. Parking is far from hotel, not at rhe hotel itself. Lady at the front desk is rude!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

it is comfortable to live here for walking to tower and Louvre.
    • Two Superior Adjoining Rooms

it is very close to the Effel Tower and Louvre Museum, it is convenient to walk to visit the tower and the museum. and ,if you like ,you can walk along the road directly to the Seine River within only 10mins.

The young gentleman who checked us in and did our check out...
    • Two Superior Adjoining Rooms

Rooms are very small and need updating. Bathrooms are extremely small. Breakfast area is cramped and the staff is always hovering over you to make sure they get your room number so they can charge you for breakfast. Breakfast is not worth the price they charge (15 euro per person). Location is not great

The young gentleman who checked us in and did our check out was lovely and very helpful.

Paris in Summer

A little further out than we thought and so a lot of walking to and fr metros. We booked a transfer to airport that did not arrive which was upsetting.

Lovely small hotel in the suburbs of St Germain. Neat, tidy, clean room.

• Quadruple Room

Poor communication. We had asked for separate beds for our teenage children. Turned up and they only had a tiny room with double bed and sofa bed. It said quadruple room in booking and we did ask as a request for separate beds. If we had known we would have cancelled. The manager was not around to speak to. Eventually after contacting booking.com they tried to make the situation better. It was still unsatisfactory. This hotel is more suited to couples staying.

Clean basic simple
    • Quadruple Room

The booking.com booking said it was 2 double bed and 2 single beds. The booking at the hotel was 1 double bed and 1 sleeper sofa. This was not what we booked and would have booked a different hotel had we known that was the sleeping arrangement. The staff were nice, but a bit unprofessional. We asked for extra blankets and they said they couldn't find THE extra blanket (?!) We then were brought a duvet -and the cover separately - for us to put on ourselves. Nothing terrible, just a bit unprofessional.

It was clean and a good location.

Great location for 2-3 people...NOT good for families of 4
    • Quadruple Room

BEWARE We booked a room with one double bed and 2 single beds, for my wife and 2 teen boys. We got a double with a tiny pull out couch. My older son ended up sleeping on floor all three nights. I saw 3 separate groups complaining about same issue over next few days. Hotel offers another separate room for full rate...SCAM.

Location was very good, 20-45 min walk to Musee d' Orsay-Eiffel Tower. Great bakery around the corner, just a few blocks to cafe and market

Incredible location, could walk everywhere.

The bed was not the most comfortable but we still slept well so it was fine.

Incredible location, could walk everywhere. Shower pressure was excellent. Easy check in and staff was accommodating with storing our bags during a weekend getaway.

Paris is so very enchanting but equally so ~ The Hotel de Suede.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

That I couldn’t spend an entire week here.

The staff was so helpful & kind. A nice sunny room. A lucious neighborhood with great restaurants, a patisserie, and a Carrefours express right nearby. Also lovely shops & galleries & architecture in the area. Whenever I visit Paris - this will be my preferred home “away from home”. I would heartily recommend this delightful hotel.

Great stay in Paris for a family!
    • Suite

Property could be kept better. Our lamp shade had a burn hole in it and that carpet was a bit worn in places One of our windows was painted shut but that was perhaps a security issue....

Great stay in Paris for a family! Loved that it was quiet but that we could walk everywhere the breakfast included was really good! Complete with Nescafe machine .

We had a wonderfull stay!

It was my husband's 50th birthday and I would have expected a little touch from the hotel but apart from that I have nothing to complain about.

The room and bathroom were very clean and spacious, it was a nice to have a ketle. The stuff was very helpfull and the location of the hotel was excellent!

The staffs are friendly and helpfull. Good locay

The closet slightly blocking toilet door so it can not open wide.

The staffs are friendly, helpfull, and easy to communicate in English. Our room was clean and comfort. The location is quite near to the train station and tourist destination.

Would not stay here again. Lots of other small hotels in Paris from which to choose.

Toilet paper holder was directly on top of toilet. Impossible not to hit when using bathroom. How is this approved safety code in France? The first room we had the bathroom door only opened 40%. Had to step in tub to close door. Horrible. When I asked to be moved they wanted to charge me an additional 35€ per day to “upgrade” to a habitable room! When I complained, the front desk said they were “full” but the man who checked us in told us they were only 25% of capacity. When I pointed this out to the manager, she agreed to waive the extra fee, continuously congratulating herself for her generosity. They could have easily truly upgraded us to a large comfortable room w a decent bed, but they didn’t. And the bed was rock hard. A thin mattress. Had a Better mattress while camping! The top of the nightstand had huge gouges of paint taken out. Wouldn’t buy that table at a garage sale.

Smart impression in foyer and helpful reception staff

Lead to kettle was too short to reach plug, had to be placed on the floor and some electrical points were loose in the wall

Cleanliness and maintenance of public areas was very good

Decreasing quality. Become less and less quality / price
    • Suite

Not that clean. Quality/size of room. Breakfast facilities. I am a recurring visitor and quality and cleanliness is decreasing at each visit

Hard work despite pleasant staff

I had asked for a quiet room - arrived to find major scaffolding works going on with plastic sheeting on the floors and men in hardhats walking through. The staff apologised for this and the work finished at a reasonable hour but started up again in the morning. Not ideal. The telephone system in all the rooms was out - again, the staff apologised when I pointed it out, but did not tell me about the problem in advance - so if you needed information from reception you had to go downstairs to talk to them as the line was completely dead. The safe in the cupboard in the room was positioned in such a way that you had to have a flashlight to see into it and then you had to go down to reception to collect the lock for which you have to leave an 80 euro refundable deposit. I then discovered that the remote on the TV didn't work - down to reception again. They changed the batteries on the remote and explained how to work the TV which had its idiosyncrasies. Overall it took about 45 minutes just to get the basics squared away. The receptionist was nice but it all felt a bit too much like hard work just getting settled - and I arrived for a 24 hour stay with no luggage so it should have been easy.

Very clean, Coffee making facilities provided in the room. After I changed my room I had a bath tub rather than a shower, which was good.

Weekend in Paris

Really nothing relevant to say

Rooms are very comfortable and the staff is very kind! Close to the main walks of St. Germain, but in a very quiet place... the Position is super! Prices are very good for Paris and for the area, I hope they will keep the prices at the same level after the renovation.

The location: bike park, bakery and market are arround the...

Probably the bed wasn't very comfort, but evertything else was very cosy and nice.

The location: bike park, bakery and market are arround the corner. Metro station is 5min away. Police station is very close which makes you feel safer. Good location. The room was very beautiful and very nice. Fresh towels and clean room every day. Beautiful room.

A clean, comfortable and friendly hotel on the Left Bank.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, and certainly fine quality for a 3* hotel in Paris, but a little tired - I understand there is some renovation due in 2018, which will be welcome. Some visitors may find the hotel is a long walk (5-10mins) from the metro stations on Line 12 and line 10, but the plus side is that this is a very quiet part of town.

Friendly and attentive staff - kept out of my way when not required. I didn't have the breakfast so cannot comment on it. I had a room on the rear side of the hotel and found it to be very quiet and peaceful - the rear rooms overlook the gardens of the Hotel Matignon (the Prime Minister's residence), which gives a very green view.

Great location as near metro stations of diffirent lines.

Facilities are a little old fashioned, and the house is a little narrow. The double bed is built with two single beds, so it is not very comfortable.

Great location as near metro stations of diffirent lines. Very quiet and cozy atmosphere. Staff are friendly, polite and helpful.

Very good location to stay in Paris!

The room was too tight than we expected and it was a little challening to move around esp with big luggages. Shower area is also a little tight.There were limited seats in the breakfast area so you need to queue if you come at a peak time.

The location was very convenient to major attractions and the train station which is very important! The facilities were clean and staff are helpful. Breakfast is good selection. Bed was comfortable and towels and toiletries were sufficient as well. The neighborhood is also lovely, quiet and with convenient stores/restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Disappointed - would not stay here again

The hotel looked very cozy on the pictures, but I am frankly disappointed - the milieu was not as pleasant as I pictured. Most of the staff was nice towards us guests, but some could definitely provide more help and service. I also sensed that the milieu among the staff was embossed by a hierarchy. I also had an unpleasant episode the first day when I was in the lobby eating their breakfast. No other guests had shown up as I came downstairs, so there were an average selection of food. A male staff member provided with more food and cleaned the tables after the guests. But as more guests came down to the lobby to eat breakfast, the male staff member could not keep up with bringing more food/cleaning, so there were suddenly almost no food left and dirty dishes on the tables. And there were not free tables for the guests coming downstairs to eat... Meanwhile the male staff member struggles with all that should be done, two female staff members in the reception is present while all off this is going on, and none of them helped the poor man! One of the ladies even yelled at the man in front of the guests during my breakfast... Not a pleasant atmosphere at all... We chose to not eat breakfast at the hotel again after that incident. But all we needed was a place to sleep, and the rooms were nice (big windows and bathrooms, spacious, the staff made the bed and changed towels every day, ...) It was okay for this trip, but next time I go to Paris I would find another hotel.

Very nice

Room was without AC for one evening but the staff provided us a complimentary breakfast to appease us. This was a nice hotel

Good price, nice staff. Reasonable walking distance to Eiffel Tower area

Great location, friendly staff, would stay here again.

We were booked a family room and a double room as our party originally was for 5 people. As we had already paid for the family room and unable to change that part of the booking, there were only 2 of us staying in that room in the end. The room was made up for 4, though I think 4 people in that room would have been a very squishy arrangement. We were surprised at the lack of 'character' in terms of furnishing, as the room we stayed in the first time was a bit more opulent in comparison. We did have a few issues when the bookings were first made as the payment was incorrectly taken for the second room as well, when it shouldn't have been taken until we arrived at the property. It was difficult to get to the bottom of it, but Hotel du Suede were very good at refunding the money back to my card.

We have stayed here before, and loved the location and hotel. Everywhere in Paris is pretty accessible and there are at least three Metro stations nearby. We bought a three day Metro pass and had no problem at all getting around the city Had a great view over Paris from our room on the top floor. Staff are very friendly and smiley! We would stay there again.

Staff was very helpful and we enjoyed our stay.
    • Quadruple Room

We missed the memo on the $14 charge for breakfast each day. It wasn't a big deal, but we would've asked for containers to be filled had we known there was a charge.

Staff was very helpful and we enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

It's clean, central, staff are helpful, multilingual.

there were some noisy residents who made a noise in the courtyard at 4am.

It's clean, central, staff are helpful, multilingual. good coffee available in the foyer in the evenings. Clean rooms with everything you need.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Comfy bed, modern bath, great location

No one helps with luggage. But, it is a 3 star, so it is DIY.

Room was huge for Paris standards, with a proper desk and plenty of room for luggage. My room had a skylight which I found quaint. Other rooms have windows overlooking the gorgeous Matignon gardens. Excellent location. Breakfast exceeded my expectation for a 3 star hotel, with plenty of choice between cheese, cold cuts, pastries, fruit, and both drip coffee and nespresso. Excellent location, just steps from Bon Marché and Musee D'Orsay. Excellent restaurants nearby. L' Inconnue blew me away...Michelin star quality at friendly prices, a must go!

• Quadruple Room

No one will help you carry your luggage especially that our room had a pebble pathway and it was hard that we can't roll our luggage on it.

It was very near St Catherine Laboure in Rue de Bac. It was very convenient because that was the purpose of our visit to Paris. It is also walking distance to the Eiffel Tower and Invalides

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Litet trvligt hotel med bra frukost, mycket bra och lungt läge.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

fasaden renoverades så vi kunde inte öppna fönsterluckorna=mörkt, mycket mörkt. Men efter klagomål uppgraderades vårt rum till en svit mot gården, bra!

Nice confortable hotel situated in a quiet neighbourhood and in the center of the 6th and the 7th.

Room number 2 situated at the back, quiet and nice room. Good breakfast and nice desk personnel. Quiet street and close by several metro and bus stops. Lots a restaurants and brasseries near by. Recommendable!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

NO WIFI, BREAKFAST IS NEVER INCLUDED, NO PATIO OR OTHER FACILITIES

No wifi, the breakfast is never included in the price and there's no patio or any of the other wonders that makes you book it. Staff won't help with bus info or anything you ask except giving you a city map.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

French Charm
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We didn't know that there was renovations going on in the hotel. We woke up to loud noise outside our window from the scaffolding that was being built up against the face of the building outside. The receptionist gave us another room toward the back of the hotel when we requested a room change.

We loved the size of the room. We had a superior room. Breakfast was very good!! Not expecting the extra items for breakfast. We were quite pleased.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Perfect location, clean room but a bit outdated hotel

no wifi in the room; only in the lobby enough to choose from for breakfat but...croissants etc were out quickly and they had to buy some more... didn't see them coming tho

Nice staff, they really try to help you out with all questions.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Nice location, but not what pictures show
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We found a huge spider in the bathroom! Also for the money spent I expected more. And overall, the pictures were much prettier than the actual room.

The staff was great and even upgraded our room for free at check-in! The location is pretty good too, as well as breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

St

The Wifi did not support what we needed it for. The rooms are a little aged and need a slight Over (paint peeling in bathroom) we were told breakfast was complimentary but wasn't we explained to the front desk we only got coffees and croissants so we was nice to minimize our bill

The staff was great the rooms were large and it was a great value

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Overpriced, rude staff and false advertising

One member of staff didn't know the parking restrictions (basics for a road outside your door) one member of staff was kissed his teeth at me when I had to wake him up for a bottle of water at 1am in the morning of new years Eve considering its supposed to be 24hr service I didn't think that would be a problem then he went back to sleep on the chairs where guests sit to have breakfast? For the money this costs this was appalling service! When I looked on booking.com the hotel was advertised as a 4 star once I booked it and paid for it, the confirmation came through as a 3 star? False advertising with a non refundable booking so I couldn't even change the booking! I thought booking.com didn't con people but obviously I was mistaken

How close it was to the eiffel tower

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

You should stay in this hotel

The room is small 3x4 meters and the bathroom/toilet is small, but so comfy and charming, it didn't bother me at all. The bed for me was just perfect, but my husband is really tall (2 meters) he didn't exactly fit...but it gave us more reasons to cuddle :) The only thing that I thing is missing is a refrigerator, a small one would do. But realy, it's really nice and cozy. I would definitely visit this hotel again!

The staff was really nice and pleasant to talk to. The location is just perfect, it's quiet at night and you can walk to the Eiffel Tower in 10-15 minutes and there is 2 train stations nearby. There was a lovly bakery a few seconds away, we loved going there for breakfast. We had a balcony with a pleasant view and we could hear the sound of a church which was really dreamy! The cleaning ladies are really nice and made our bed every day, the bed by the way was incredibly comfy! And oh my god! I loved walking down the stairs! Red carpets every where and all clean!

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Nice hotel, might stay next time

wi-fi had interruptions, breakfast was relatively plain for 13 euros

Very nice and smiling staff, location was right for me, hotel helps with booking shuttle to airport,

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

The bed was very comfortable and the lighting was very good.

The bed was very comfortable and the lighting was very good. The room was warm and the water was hot. Everything was very clean and the staff were friendly and kind and spoke English!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Good, but not perfect
    • Quadruple Room

The room was too small for 2 adults and 2 children. The matrasses of the beds were not comfortable (too long in use, probably).

Staff was really warm, place of Hotel very good, 10 min walk to Metro or just 20-25 min walking distance to the city centre. The room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Staff was really nice and helpful as we needed to print...

The room is really tiny, hard to open our luggages inside. The bathtub was not really clean but other parts of the room were clean. It's a little bit old hotel, do not recommend for long stay.

Staff was really nice and helpful as we needed to print documents. Location is really amazing in the center of nice area of Paris. Around there is plenty of restaurants, bakery and supermarket.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

I really enjoyed staying in this Hotel !
    • Quadruple Room

I really enjoyed staying in this Hotel ! I did like the way the staffs behaved. They really are nice and friendly ! and if I go back to Paris I will stay in this hotel again !

Nice breakfast good location

Single rooms are very cramped except for attic room

Nice breakfast good location

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

very satisfactory
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

staff were great location great.

A bit noisy in the morning from quite early as the floors don't seem that thick.

staff were great location great.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The courtyard room

The courtyard room

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good location being not far from the action and in a nice...

No bar fridge

Good location being not far from the action and in a nice quiet spot.

Good location.

Good location. Friendly/helpful staff. Clean rooms. Nice breakfast.

Staff were friendly and helpful.
    • Quadruple Room

Staff were friendly and helpful. It was in a quiet location but within walking distance to most places.

Friendly staff, good location

Friendly staff, good location

Lovely hotel we would return.
    • Quadruple Room

Great location. Safe area. Comfortable room although would have liked one overlooking the gardens. The courtyard was very twee.

Good hotel for a sighting visit to Paris

The room wasn't cleaned after first day till about 5pm when it was too late, we were back

Location, newly renovated friendly staff

Disappointing ;by far the worst value for money I have had in Paris and I stay there frequently.

Unhelpful staff, poor breakfast choice , small cramped toilet

Air con, location

Quiet

No bottled water for the room for coffee. Expensive breakfast.

Quiet

Very central location and in a quiet area.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not as lively or as interesting as the area near Montmartre or the Pompidou.

Very central location and in a quiet area.

Location, cleanliness, upmarket feel, continental breakfast
    • Suite

It’s really just an expensive B&B

Location, cleanliness, upmarket feel, continental breakfast

size of the room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

needs an upgrade on many things bathroom was a swimming pool after taking a shower

size of the room

comfy bed, good shower

small double room

comfy bed, good shower

Overnight stay

Might have been my experience but got the room on the stairs. Breakfast was limited

Worth staying

Nothing really all was excellent

Good location and very friendly staff

good

stayed to little time to dislike something.

clean, simple, smart.

Great stay

The excellent shower

Good to visit Paris once! Public transportation (rail) is not good.

View to garden on east side is nice.

Relaxing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We needed a small fridge to keep our milk cool

The friendly and helpful of all the staff including the maids

Breakfast was brilliant value for money.

Breakfast was brilliant value for money.

Incredibly rude receptionist.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Incredibly rude receptionist. Incompetent billing, unable to negotiate a credit card transaction. She should have been fired on the spot.

Excellent visit to Paris.
    • Quadruple Room

Excellent staff, Diana and George were great. Front desk opened 24 Hours.

Great hotel..

There is no easy access without public transportation.

The cleanliness of the room, bathroom and the hotel in general.

Perfect Paris

Nothing not to like

It was beautiful and elegant

Breathtaking experience