Reviews of Hotel de la Paix Tour Eiffel 3 stars

19 Rue du Gros Caillou, 7th arr., 75007 Paris, France

#462 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

location and great service.

The showers, but its the same anywhere in europe. Why not a shower pan ? Why does every bit of water need to spill everywhere?

location and great service.

Great Location!!!

Location was perfect! 5 min walk to Parc du Champ du mars where you can catch the hop on hop off tour buses if you plan to do it. Restaurants at every corner. Hotel staff super helpful and friendly. The Eiffel Tower practically at your doorstep so pack a breakfast, lunch or dinner go to the park and sit in front of the tower. Easy!

Brilliant location and awesome customer service.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast- hot food to be included and price to be reviewed.

Brilliant location and awesome customer service. Only downside was breakfast which was expensive and not upto a standard one would expect. Everything else isjust fantastic.

Nice and simple
    • Classic Double Room

Room was very small, lacked space for luggage and stuff, bathroom was very small as well. If your window will be left open, it will be quite noisy to sleep.

Room was super clean and modern style, good choice of hotel if you want to stay in Paris for few days just to visit places and sleep there, but nothing else. Bed was comfortable and a great location of the hotel.

Great value for money, good location in 7th arr.
    • Classic Double Room

Complimentary bottled water would have been appreciated in the middle of summer.

Comfortable and clean. Good value for Paris. Air-conditioned premises. Friendly staff. Close to the champs de mars.

Fantastic Location
    • Classic Double Room

Bit noisy with late arrivals to hotel with use of lift. We were on the ground floor

Quiet street in Paris, near to Metro and a fair walking distance to Musee du Orsay. Plus easy Metro to Centre Pompadou

Will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended sweet little hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast wasn't all that but there are cafès nearby.

The location is the best. You can walk to almost everything. 5 minutes to Eiffel Tower 30 to the Arc. Transport nearby. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. Nice staff

Convenient, cosy and friendly

No Metro station nearby, though Ecole Militaire was about 15 minutes away, but NO lift or escalator, so a drag with my heavy bag. Room was extremely small though well equipped and lighted - I could touch both walls with outrstretched arms! We called it 'le petit cave!'

Small and cosy. Good location, near Musee Quai Branly (and Eiffel Tower). I walked to Trocadero, Odeon and St. Germaine (left bank) because that was faster than the bus. Front desk staff were omnipresent, multilingual and helpful. Near nice restaurants and shops. Excellent breakfast!

Location and it was very clean.
    • Classic Double Room

Bed was short and the room/bathroom was very small. But I do understand that is how it is in France. Other than that it was very nice.

Location and it was very clean.

Not a place to sleep.

Unjustified rating. I booked a room and set as preference an upper storey room. When I arrived I was told that I was allocated an extra big room on ground floor. I cannot imagine the size of the small rooms as this was not particularly big but I didn't mind as I knew I am gonna just sleep for 5 hours before my departure. I was incredibly tired and usually in this situation I sleep profoundly but....I felt as sleeping in a railway station and woke up so many times during the short 5 hours due to the lift and sound of luggage passing by my door constantly as if it be a passage through my room. On arrival I had asked about shuttle but after checking, I was told the only option was a 60 euro taxi. I found myself a much cheaper shuttle than that. I wanted to get a coffee as take away but the receptionist, who was very nice, apologised and asked me if I can wait 10 minutes for a carton cup. I declined as needed to catch my shuttle. The room was clean but that is unfortunately the only positive I can express for the stay in this hotel. Completely overrated accommodation.

Friendly staff.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

There were three of us but the room was not are up for three. 2 cups 2 towels. Even after we mentioned it several times

Friendly staff. Clean facility. Great atmosphere

Would recommend it to my friends
    • Classic Double Room

The air conditioner is blowing right in your head when in the room or in bed. I understand that the temperature is controlled central. BUT: The flaps can not be adjusted individually to blow sideways instead of up and down .

Definitely recommended !!! Comfy rooms, perfect location
    • Classic Double Room

Wifi worked super poorly... Sometimes we couldn't connect at all :(

Fantastic location! Eiffel Tower was just around the corner, close to the metro station. Staff was absolutely amazing! Very helpful. Nice and clean rooms. Quiet street. Loved that there was electric kettle in the room.

Welcoming and helpful staff. Great location.
    • Classic Double Room

Very welcoming and helpful staff, even though we checked in very late. His name was suliman, he helped us with sightseeing and the wifi password without asking him! Hotel was close to a bunch of restaurants where we ate at. Check in and out was quick.

The best hotel of Paris
    • Classic Double Room

It is a very good Hotel, its location steps from the Eiffel Tower, 2 blocks from the Ecoile Militaire metro station. The room is very comfortable and modern, very nice details. The hotel staff is very kind. If I had to evaluate the Hotel, I would give it 10 points out of 10.

Simple but delicious breakfast!

The shower is too small.

Simple but delicious breakfast! Location is great, many options to eat, metro station... everything you need 5 to 10 min walking! Very clean!

The rooms were very clean.

From the word go you realise that everything is tiny. The lift allows one person and one bag. That’s all. Very small rooms and a specially the bathroom. There is really no room to turn. Be warned. I didn’t believe the previous reviews but trust me, my knees touch the wall while on the toilet. The shower is difficult to wash in. Coffee in the room was a problem. We had to fetch our own coffee sachets from the kitchen. No milk in room. Television is only in french. Breakfast for $13.50 is what you pay. It was Ok. But it worked for us because of the cleanliness and location. We enjoyed our stay.

The rooms were very clean. And the location was ideal for sightseeing. 600m from the Eiffel Tower and Big Bus hop on hop off. Big Bus hop on hop off is a must. They are at the Eiffel Tower. Location is very important. Remember you only sleep in the rooms and that needs to be clean. So this place was perfect for us.

Well positioned for sightseeing and dining out.
    • Classic Double Room

Room is small. Tea/coffee facilities within room were never replenished during our stay.

Clean, comfortable room. Hotel is within easy walking distance to metro as well as major attractions.

Cute stay

Nothing really

Location by the Eiffel Tower was amazing. Room was really cute in that it reflects the Parisian style of rooms. The area around the hotel is quite vibrant. There is a metro station nearby which was convenient as my brother and I came home after exploring at 12 and we got home easily. We stayed one day and it was really nice

Nice hotel within a 10 minute walk from the Eifill Tower.
    • Classic Double Room

Bathroom was very small. Cleaning changed bed linen and towels but did not clean tea cups or replace tea/coffee in the room.

Beds were comfortable.

Enjoyed our stay. Will stay there again. Friendly service
    • Classic Double Room

Super small lift and super small bathroom. It was super clean though.

Good location, we walked to restaurants and shops everywhere. 5 min walk to the Eiffel tower where you can pickup a bus etc.

Slightly larger bathroom.
    • Classic Double Room

Slightly larger bathroom. Well organized and laid out, but a bit cramped. Note that there is a hlaf flight of stairs from the elevator to the floor on which rooms are located.

The hotel is a cute boutique hotel tucked on a side street.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is a cute boutique hotel tucked on a side street. Some rooms are on a tiny patio and others have a window balcony overlooking the street. It is an easy stroll to the Eiffel tower.

Great location in a small neighborhood, clean rooms and friendly staff.

Great location set close to the Eiffel Tower (easy walk) yet separated enough to feel like you're in a smalll neighborhood in Paris. Several small Parisienne restaurants, bakeries, convenience store, fromager all just around the corner.

Great weekend in Central Paris

I stayed two nights and The only thing which was irritating was room service did not leave any milk for coffee or tea, had to go down to reception to find each morning.

Friendly welcoming staff, very clean rooms and bathrooms which are not huge, but that's fairly typical for Central Paris hotels. The shower was great. Very quiet at night, even with windows open. good wifi reception. easy to book taxi from hotel. I would definitely stay here again as is so central and staff lovely. Didn't have breakfast, so many places to eat out

Clean room, nicely decorated, comfortable bed and good...
    • Classic Double Room

Our room was right behind reception, we could hear people talking outside the door while we were in bed. Room was very small.

Clean room, nicely decorated, comfortable bed and good location

Good quick stay in a convenient location
    • Classic Double Room

The room I was in on the ground for had spotty Wi-Fi. There was a homeless man that slept right outside the entrance on a mattress both nights which made it uncomfortable as I didn't see that anywhere else and I walked around quite a bit in the evenings. Apparently there is no eating in the rooms policy that I read about which seemed silly.

The location was a short walk to the Eiffel tower with easy access for food, etc. The room was a food size as compared to other hotels I stayed on this trip. The staff, with three exception of one was great. I fell ill with some sort of allergic reaction or bite, and had a swollen top lip. After benadryl didn't work the gentleman called for a doctor to come to the hotel for a house call and he arrived within an hour or less. For a reasonable price I got quality care and medicine. It put a damper on my last day there but to have staff be that attentive was important.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

My only criticisms are that our room on the ground floor was so close to the front desk that we heard noise from people talking in the lobby, and that the rooms are tiny. However I understand that many hotels in Paris have small rooms and guests should not expect rooms typical of hotels in the USA.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and professional.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. The room worked well for my needs and was clean. The hotel is close to the Eiffel Tower and ot is easy to access the Metro system from here.

Clean, quiet and functional

Obvious a tiny room (this is Paris), but VERY clean and well organised and functional (plugs, WIFI, window, shower). Very clean, with a nice café and food shops around in a VERY quiet street. Will be happy to be back

Wonderful location for our walking tour of Paris...
    • Double Room with Patio

Expensive area. 2 small coffees & 2 croissants cost €18.55 $ 22.09 ...dinners in the area for 2 averaged €75.00 ..$89.25 be prepared 😎

Excellent location for seeing the beautiful Eiffel Tower and being close for most tour pick up spots. Eiffel Tower at night is a MUST. Hotel is small and quaint. Very clean. Safe neighborhood. Small store across the street ( fruits, water, etc) and several eating opportunities very close by.. walkable ! expensive level is $$$.

Welcoming and friendly staff, great location
    • Classic Double Room

Bathroom was quite small but didnt bother us much at all

Staff were very helpful and friendly, location was perfect near lots of cafes and the Eiffel tower. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Great little hotel in a wonderful location and staff. I would stay again.
    • Classic Double Room

The staff was wonderful! I've stayed at the hotel in the past and really like the place. There were recent updates, which improved the hotel property from my previous stays there. The location is really ideal for visiting Paris. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers. It is situated on a quiet street as well.

great experience with a moody 13 year old
    • Double Room with Patio

more real coffee making facilities, to provide milk and a fridge. staff waiting to clean the room sitting on the window sill

clean and close to Eiffel tower

Bathrooms are super small.

Great location. Within an easy walk of the Eiffel Tower as well as restaurants. Tasty bakery just a few meters from the front door.

Love Paris.
    • Double Room with Patio

Excellent Location, 5 mins walk to the Eiffel Tower and 8 mins walk to the underground. Smart tv installed in room. Room is in good size and same as show on booking.com. They have spare usb charger to lend us. Hotel quite new and have lift.

Perfect location

The walls seemed very thin and made noise from the neighbors sound extremely loud. The room was clean but my sheets had old stains on it.

Breakfast was good. The location is perfect! You're surrounded by many shops, souvenir stores and restaurants. It is also in close proximity to the Eiffel tower which is gorgeous when you walk out into the street.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Nice location close to Eiffel tower

Double door to the room was just weird, and as the bathroom door behind it was open, it was seriously difficult to get in the room. Room was very narrow and felt cramped

Very comfortable bed, long enough for someone 191cm tall

• Classic Double Room

Rooms and bathrooms just too small. Door of the room not closed after cleaning Staff enter without warning No sign for the doors handle "not disturb"

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Accommodating staff
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The room is a little small for two people sharing Who aren't partners...

The delightful and accommodating staff who went out of their way to fulfill all our requests and assist us with all our bookings...

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

A Pleasure to Stay at this Hotel

Nothing not to like.

Last minute booking and the staff were exceedingly kind and friendly. Nice old neighborhood building with a small elevator. We were on the top floor, a garret room and has a view of the Eiffel Tower out the window. The price was great and the stay a pleasure. It was a gem and we will recommend this hotel in the future.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great location, close to Eiffel Tower, shops and restaurants.
    • Classic Double Room

Room was very small with sloping ceiling making it difficult to move around. Bathroom was very small.

Great location, close to Eiffel Tower, shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

1 Day stop-over to explore surrounding Paris attractions
    • Adjacent Rooms (4 persons)

As to be expected from other reviews, the bathroom, stairs and elevator are cramped but adequate - the location makes up for this.

Friendly staff, excellent location to explore surrounding attractions from. Good restaurants within a couple of minutes walking.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Affordable luxury 3 minutes from the Eiffel Tower.
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing to complain about, everything was super.

The location of this hotel was amazing, we walked to the Eiffel Tower every day since if was only 3 minutes to champs de mars. Staff was wonderful and always greeted you with a smile and had all the answers to your questions. Bed was super comfortable and the room was wonderful. We even got a tiny view from the Eiffel Tower from our room! Didn't expect that but it was a nice surprise! Would definitely stay here again in the heart of the beautiful 7th district. Elevator to the fourth floor was very good. The street was calm even though you were in the middle of downtown. Hairdryer (girls!!!) was very good. Wifi was very strong and fast, could stream videos on highest quality.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

good experience to live here~
    • Classic Double Room

can not eat food in room~ although not convenient , it's good for keeping room clear~still can accept!

As i arrived i found my wallet was lost, the staff was so nice and helped me to deal with all the things~~ Really thankful!🙏🙏 Next time i will live here again~~ Room was clear and comfortable~location perfect! Walking to Eiffel tower only in 5 mins The breakfast was nice and yummy !👍🏻 Good hotel for living!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

good location

Noted large amount of dust on the bed head even though room was cleaned everyday.

Easy access to all the location, very basic room, but perfect for solo traveller, friendly concierge.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Great for location to Tower and real Paris cafes and shops!
    • Classic Double Room

Could hear other guests frequently. Bathroom use would be challenging for big or tall folk.

Staff was fantastic and accommodating. Helpful in every way. Room was small but stylish, and everything just worked. Beds clean and comfortable, water pressure good and hot.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Beautiful clean hotel with the most helpful staff, right in the centre of paris !
    • Classic Double Room

there was nothing unpleasant about my stay I can't fault anything

Lovely clean hotel smack in the middle of where you want to be ! The staff couldn't be more helpful ! Eiffel Tower five minute walk away ! Few nice shops and restaurants on the hotel street ! Room was clean and compact! Definitely recommend this hotel to stay in Stayed for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay !! 10/10

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great Value
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms are tiny. But we didn't care didn't spend much time in it other then sleep.

Could not have been more satisfied with our stay. Staff was great and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful. I did not expect to be this close to the Eifel tower. I will defiantly stay here again.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good location.
    • Classic Double Room

You can't eat in the room. They don't have boiler so no coffee/tea.

It's really near to the eiffel tower! Like really near! And there a a few good pastry shop around easy to get breakfast in the morning. And the staffs are really nice and welcoming 😁

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The room was off an outside corridor so it was quiet.
    • Double Room with Patio

The door was temeramental with the key card. The first room we were checked into couldnt be opened by either us or the staff

The room was off an outside corridor so it was quiet. TV was in french but it was a smart TV so we were able to use the internet.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Clean, location is good, 5-10 mins to walk to La Tour Eiffel...

The room and elevator is very small, breakfast is not worthy to pay that much. Most strange thing is, in the room, stool and shower are separate, and there is no sink in the toilet, so I have to cross the room with dirty hand to shower room for washing my hands.

Clean, location is good, 5-10 mins to walk to La Tour Eiffel, and there are some good restaurant nearby the hotel. Price is good.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Great location to start off a tour from the Eiffel tower.
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms are small so not great if your carrying loads of luggage.

Great location for starting our sightseeing trip from the Eiffel tower and also at night to see the lights. The hotel was close so easy to get back and warm up

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Excellent value and kind staff
    • Double Room with Patio

The room was a bit small and the walls are fairly thin so you could hear neighbors (or at least for the rooms in the back of the property).

The staff was incredible. From giving directions to always helping with luggage, the staff was kind and attentive. The property is well located to the Eiffel Tower, metro, and lively Rue Cler.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Perfect get away trip during a festive time of year in a great location!

I wish I could have stayed longer. But will return next year with my husband!

Great hotel! Staff amazing, excellent location, and very nice. I had a double on the 4th floor and had a tiny view of Eiffel Tower which was a nice plus! Room was a nice size based on Paris standards. Would definitely stay again. Had breakfast one day and food was excellent, fresh and plenty of items to choose from. Needed a solo get away trip and this was the perfect spot. Very safe neighborhood, Eiffel Tower right around the corner, close to Metra and bus stops. Perfect! Plenty of restaurants close by but can also hop on Metra to go to different districts of Paris.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The gentleman at the front desk are great and helpful and...
    • Double Room with Patio

The gentleman at the front desk are great and helpful and will answer any questions you have ! The room was perfect and literally just a few minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower . Close access to all bridges by foot so you really won't need to take much public transit here (: loved it !

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Small room but an excellent location and helpful staff
    • Classic Double Room

The room was really too small for us with 2 suitcases, though on our second visit after 4 days away on a tour, we had a slightly larger room on the first floor which was easier for us, as the lift was also very small and stopped between floors making getting to the third floor with 2 suitcases difficult.

The location was excellent with lots of restaurants and cafes nearby and not far from the Eiffel Tower. The staff were really helpful and courteous too.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Very clean hotel, staff very friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Patio

Unexpected power cut offs The check out was at 1200 at my confirmation but it turned out to be at 11:30

Very clean hotel, staff very friendly and helpful. Eiffel tower was just round the corner.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

A hidden gem in the perfect location!
    • Classic Double Room

Firstly the location was excellent. Literally 4 minutes walk from the base of the Eiffel Tower and equidistant from two metro stops on useful lines. It is also surrounded by some lovely cafes and restaurants. The area also felt very safe. Secondly, the staff were very friendly but not nosy, just wanted to be helpful and make sure you had everything you needed. The rooms were clean and warm (it is very cold there at the moment!), and the bed very comfortable. Some have commented the rooms were small, ours was compact but more than enough room to move about, set your luggage out and not feel on top of each other. The decor was tasteful and modern and we had everything we needed. For the location and standard I would say it was a bargain, and we'd 100% stay there again.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Perfect location!
    • Double Room with Patio

Small, tiny rooms, my almost 2 m-tall husband had to back out from the bathroom ;) Very hard beds. 2€ for a cup of tea.

Perfect location in 7th arr close to the Eiffel Tower! New furnished, ok breakfast. Nice staff and cozy restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Good for the Eiffel Tower and environs.
    • Classic Double Room

The elevator was ridiculously small. The toilet area was very uncomfortable and almost impractical.

Location was wonderful for visiting the Eiffel Tower and doing what we wanted.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Great location and helpful staff
    • Classic Double Room

The room was still very small for 2 suitcases but on the first floor so more convenient to get to than our previous smaller room on the 3rd floor.

This was our second visit and the room was slightly larger and more convenient than the one we had on our first visit. Excellent location for cafes and restaurants and visiting the Eiffel Tower. The staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

A comfortable hotel near the Eiffel Tower
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The decor was very drab, all browns and taupes. The bathroom was small, and the shower could have been better. The coffee offered in the lobby cost 2 euro and was made in an ordinary home nespresso machine. Also, the breakfast on offer for 13 euro looked dreadful. We did not try it. Luckily, there was a nice cafe just down the street, Le Royal Restaurant, where we had 2 delicious breakfasts, and excellent coffee.

Both desk clerks that we interacted with during our stay were excellent. They were unfailingly polite and went out of their way to be helpful. The lobby, while very small was comfortable. The location was a nice stroll from the Eiffel Tower, and near several decent restaurants and shops. The room was clean but very small, though no smaller than a typical New York hotel room. It was a triple, and we were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Great staff and great location!
    • Double Room with Patio

I would only recommend that they had self-serve coffee in the room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, on a quiet side street, but very close to everything.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Great but...........
    • Classic Double Room

The room is extremely small. The pictures on the website are correct but they must have took these pictures at a different angle because the room is tiny. The bathroom was also small. When I sat on the toilet I had to sit to the side because my legs are long. Also idk if it's a European thing because it's happened before, but we didn't receive wash cloths. Overall the hotel was great they spoke English well but it was a bit too tiny for my taste.

The location was amazing. We literally walked to the Eiffel Tower. It was a 5min walk. The hotel is near little cafes and it's amazing. The hotel concierge was amazing he gave us a map and showed us how to get around. The bed was very comfy

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

everything

everything

Staff and location were great
    • Classic Double Room

Room and bathroom were very small

Staff and location were great

Excellent and amazing

everything esp the location on how close to everything like the Eiffel Tower

stuff was very friendly

room

stuff was very friendly

Nice stay
    • Classic Double Room

Building elevator was too small

Location, staff, rooms

great location.

tiny rooom, shower

great location.

Enjoyable

N/a

Clean and modern room, helpful staff, great location, near Eiffel Tour and restaurants.

The location was really great!

The location was really great!

location and the staff

expensive

location and the staff

Staff and location, I want thank Mr.

Elevator size(very small), it can fit for one person and one bag.

Staff and location, I want thank Mr. Zeyad for his guidance and support.