Reviews of Qualys-Hotel Beaune de la Paix 3 stars

45, Rue du Faubourg Madeleine, 21200 Beaune, France

#24 of 40 hotels in Beaune

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Bed was comfortable.

Not well organized, poor customer relations. Loud due to a party across the street that we weren't informed about. Half of bottle of wine left in our mini fridge questioning the detail to cleanliness. Entire place was closed and lobby dark at 8:30 pm.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

It’s very disappointing to have your hopes dashed.

Poor maintenance of room. Attitude of staff when this point was raised, “you booked a standard room, you got a standard room”!!! We were offered an upgrade at DOUBLE the agreed room rate. We have cancelled our return booking and booked another hotel in Beaune.

Location and secure parking.

Nice hotel, plenty of space in the room. Staff could be more helpful

The lady at the reception, when asked about tips where to eat, stressed us out that all is certainly booked (it was close to 8pm) and we would have ahrd time to find food. Indeed, most of restaurants suggested by the hotel were fully booked, but when wlaking towards one that had a table for us, we tealised there were actually plenty of other places one could it. It was a bit stressful for us with 2 young and very hungry kids. It would have been better if the lady said: good places might be fully booked bit there is lots of other places to get a bite.

Big, comfortable bed. Very noce bathroom.

• Family Room (4 People)

Cleanliness, room was dated. Toilet door did not close and air con noisy and poor quality. Too expensive for quality of room and breakfast (which was extra).

The location, close to restaurants and main shops etc. Parking close by in square, secure parking as well (costs more).

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great location clean and comfortable very friendly staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location clean and comfortable very friendly staff Breakfast a little expensive considering the price of the room could have been included or at least more realistically priced 25 euros for a piece of toast bowl fresh fruit and two boiled eggs with coffee I think is too much

Clean 3 star hotel
    • Family Room (5 Adults)

Exterior of the hotel is very shabby and doesn’t reflect the well kept interior

Hotel is close to center, and is clean and quiet. Family room fitted our family of 5 perfectly. Air con was appreciated.

Very nice staff, great location, I would definitely stay here again!

We reserved two rooms, one was much nicer than the other one.

Great location for walking around Beaune. Loved the secure parking area. The breakfasts were wonderful!

Very comfortable stay indeed

It was outstanding so nothing

Good size room, well stocked refrigerator, superb breakfast choice, charming relaxed 'olde worlde ' atmosphere, very convenient location in Beaune centre and in France generally.

Really nice but noisy! Book parking space beforehand.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately there was no more parking space directly at the hotel so we had to leave our car (with roof box) at a public parking. Originally the safe hotel parking was one of our main reasons for choosing this Hotel. But fortunately everything was still on its place the next day. It's very noisy because of the road right in front of the Hotel. The bed was to small for two adults and a small child.

Nice small Hotel near to the center of Beaune. You can find a bigger supermarket and a lot of (tapas) bars and restaurants within a 5min walk. We had a room (N°5) with a small (french) balcony. Really cude and exiting for our little son watching the cars go by. Overall a good place to stay at. The room was very nice, comfortable and clean. Nice bathroom. Recommendation.

Ok as stopping off place for one night
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room was dark - only window was opening into reception area which was quirky and made the room rather claustrophobic. Staff adequate but no offer to help with bags

Some very thoughtful equipping of room such as magnifying mirror in bathroom, good shower and bath.

Below-average family room in conveniently located Hotel in Beaune
    • Family Room (4 People)

-The Family Room is very old-fashined and urgently needs to be modernised (incl. replacing key with a card-key). -A few things in the toilet should be repaired (incl. the ventilation system & door), with robe & towel hooks added.

-The Hotel is well-located to visit the city centre & has a secure parking (behind the building). -The breakfast can be taken in the hotel's patio & there is a small drawing corner for children.

Very different from photos - not nice at all. Rooms stink badly

The rooms are dark and smell very bad. No similarity at all to the pictures. Noisy street in front of hotel. Hygiene articles provided in bath smell disgusting.

Great central venue. Breakfast outstanding.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had a loft style room which was beautifully furnished and quite contemporary . However it was under the eaves and had low beams and velux windows that when open pointed into the room . Due to these factors we were crouching down as we moved around to make sure we didn't hit our head.

The location was very central. The staff were very friendly and helpful The breakfast was mainly home produced product or local product and was outstanding.

Great value - excellent breakfast
    • Family Room (4 People)

We had an excellent large family room with a mezzanine where our daughters slept. Breakfast was delicious with lots of home-made produce. Location also excellent - 5 min walk into the old town. Great value for money.

Great location, short walk from town centre.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Could do with some updating here and there and a slightly more enthusiastic welcome

Great location, short walk from town centre. Small room but well equipped with comfortable bed and good shower.

Horrible

My car was safe in the 8 Euro extra per night parking. When I showed the man on reception the photos of the sink, shower and hair the following morning. He shrugged and said it was a low rate room. With tax the room was 78 euros. I stay in Beaune every 8 weeks when I travel from my home in Nice to the uk. I have never had this disgusting accommodation before.

Nothing. It was dirty. The bathroom sink and shower did not drain and regutitrated old guests scum and hair. We checked in at 7.30pm by 8pm réception was closed and no one was around to report this too. It was disgusting!

Great location, lovely hotel, very comfy bed!

I think the man at the desk could have been a bit more chatty and welcoming. He was efficient, but a bit quiet. I tried to chat in French to him, but he didn’t really enter in to a conversation!

We didn’t spend much time in the Hotel as we were driving back to the U.K., so it was a quick overnight stop, but what we saw was a beautiful building with lovely furnishings. Our room was a bit dated, but it was quiet even though it was in the main road in front of the hotel. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was clean and well supplied with towels and toiletries.

Adequate
    • Comfort Double Room

Close to the centre of everything. The croissants were very nice. The breakfast offered a range of foods eg cereal ( not a common item in the cafes for breakfast)

We had a relaxing stay in Beaune.
    • Premium Double Room

The breakfast could have had some hot eggs and bacon or sausages.

The room was more spacious than some of our accommodations and the bathroom was fairly up to date. It was close to the central part of Beaune without being on a busy street. The room had a balcony facing the interior parking area so was quite quiet.

Adequate but would look elsewhere if we were to visit the town again.

Bathroom was not the best with worn and old fittings.

We were greeted with a friendly smile and the secure parking onsite was very good. The room was tired and in need of modernisation. It looked nothing like the pictures on the website. The location was quiet and good for access to the town.

Good economical hotel for overnight stop or base for a short stay.

Good location just outside the inner ring road, so good access by car but only a short walk into town. Have stayed here before and in other hotels in this part of Beaune (which are also good but sometimes more expensive).

Convenient location.
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was rather drab, lacking any decoration. One would not expect ceramic tile floor in a place like this. Staff upon arrival (20.30) could have been slightly more welcoming (it was probably late for her...)

Convenient location. Nice bathroom. Very good breakfast.

It was ok
    • Family Room (4 People)

The Receptionist seemed as she f it was too much trouble to serve us. She was quite grumpy. I had previously emailed about gluten free and dairy free breakfasts prior to my visit but no-one replied. When I arrived, I asked, "Are there any gluten free and dairy free options for breakfast?" She replied, "There is fruit; you will find out tomorrow!" This is not a helpful reply when you have someone in your party who becomes seriously ill from gluten and dairy products. Also, the photo of the hotel is not what you see when you arrive. I was expecting a building with an interesting brown roof and old character. When we arrived, we went round Beaune and never saw this building at all! The hotel is white and the 2 storey image of the family room wasn't what we got in the end. We went up some stairs on the outside of a building and had a single floored room with a double bed, single bed and pull out bed and bathroom.

The accommodation was clean and in a location where you could easily get to restaurants and shops.

Lovely hotel in a great location which is great if you visit Beaune as a stop over.
    • Family Room (4 People)

Room was a bit dated however functional and comfortable. Wifi was bit slow.

Location of the hotel was excellent and only a few minutes walk into the center of Beaune.

Fraudelent staff-DO NOT STAY HERE
    • Comfort Double Room

I will preface this long account with the short version--this is a fraudulent staff that will manipulate, lie, and cheat you, all while threatening you and treating you miserably throughout your experience. Only stay here of you are a masochist. I booked the Comfort Double Room through Booking.com for this property. Two days before my arrival I emailed the hotel to ask if an early check-in was possible (1pm). I never received a response. I arrived to the hotel at 1pm to a staff member running from the property crying and an unmanned front desk. I waited five minutes at the desk before the manager, Henri, returned to the desk and just stared at me, no greeting. I began in French, that I had a reservation under my name and had emailed to see if I could check in an hour earlier or at least drop our bags. His only response "this is not check-in, we are not ready for you." I asked if we could leave our bags until check-in, 45 minutes later. He gestured to the corner of the lobby and left. We visited Beaune for an hour and returned. There was a new receptionist at the desk, she checked us in and we went to our room where we discovered we had been given the Standard Double for the Comfort Double price. I returned to the receptionist to let her know (again in French) that there had been a mistake and she told me the price of the room had changed because of seasonal prices. Behind her were the posted prices as she told me this. I then asked about the breakdown posted behind her, and then she told me that the price had changed because the hotel was now miraculously a four star property which enabled them to charge more. I pulled up the Booking.com hotel site and the hotel's website that both dictated that the hotel was indeed, still a three star hotel. I told her I understood if they had mistakenly overbooked the hotel and that I just wanted to be charged correctly for the room I was given.

Nothing, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

Lovely!

Very comfortable clean rooms. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Easy parking if you book in advance. We will be back to see more of beautiful Beaune.

Great stay but shame about the glitch at checkout.
    • Comfort Double Room

There was a confusion over the conditions of the booking which stipulated a free breakfast but payment was requested by the hotel despite the printed confirmation indicating the complimentary breakfast.

Overall ambience and location of the hotel was excellent.

Good quality and clean hotel. Free parking nearby.

A bit too noisy during the night and early morning if you sleep with the window open.

Very nice and helping staff, very clean hotel, practical room with minibar and airco. Good location close to center and free parking nearby.

Good for one Night during travel by Car

reception, not 24 hours, and breakfast is not as expected.

The location is nice, nearby restaurants and Parking available if requested only, but a public parking on site available, wifi was great.

Decent hotel although breakfast seems expensive.

Didn't actually take the breakfast option so perhaps I shouldn't comment but at 15 euros it would have to be one mother of a breakfast and I just couldn't see that happening and didn't want to take the chance. Went elsewhere for half the price.

Friendly welcome. Area outside first floor bedroom a little dark and hard to find the light switch which was itself pathetically illuminated. Bedroom decent size with aircon, bed comfortable. Good sized, clean and functional en-suite. Used free public parking 100 metres away.

Great Hotel

The breakfast was good but the pricing rather confusing. We thought we had the continental breakfast at 8 euros but we were charged 12 euros. (I guess we had 1 too many croissants?)

Beautiful authentic Hotel, The room was clean and comfortable. The location is fantastic with easy walking distance to the town centre. Ample secure parking. Beaune is a lovely town and well worth a visit.

Great choice
    • Comfort Double Room

We would have preferred to have a safe in the room. An enclosed shower (with door/curtain) would have been preferable, as each time we showered we needed to wipe the floor dry.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this lovely, comfortable, charming, and conveniently-located hotel. The bed was very comfortable, the space was clean, and the air conditioning worked well. We very much enjoyed using the courtyard areas. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Peaceful night at the Hôtel de al Paix

Very comfortable room, quiet (on the night of the Fête de la Musique), excellent breakfast, off-street parking, close to everything in Beaune on foot, very pleasant reception. But most importantly of all in a very high 30s June heatwave: air-conditioning. Very good indeed. This was an overnight stay on our way from the Midi to Paris. We would happily have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Handy for the motorway and town.
    • Comfort Double Room

Room and bathroom a bit small (but not bad value for money). Bed a bit soft.

Very close to the motorway (5/10 mins) without hearing the traffic, less than 5 mins walk from shops and restaurants. Bathroom clean and well equipped. Staff pleasant but not over-friendly. Car park secure which is useful if you are travelling with luggage. Reasonable choice for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Fabulous family room
    • Family Room (4 People)

Ver comfortable family room tucked away at back of hotel so quiet. Arrived late and left early do great to have secure parking right by the room and staff were able to accommodate our timings.

Quality Charm
    • Family Room (4 People)

The hotel was excellent in all the usual ways, plus the added bonus of having proper wooden furniture. So many hotels these days seem to be refurbished with the "units" which while being perfectly functional don't have that quality feel. Floor layout was a little quirky which only added to the charm.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

A good hotel if you want to be in the center of town.

Our two doublerooms were the cheapest category (I didn't realize I booked that category), and so they were very dark and the tiny window was facing a wall - not very nice. But then - we only slept there. You get what you pay for, I guess.

The mattress was really good. The breakfast was very good, too (great variety, good value for money), but was not included in room price (which I also didn't realize at time of booking!).

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

A very nice stay in Beaune
    • Premium Double Room

The hotel is ideally situated midway between the railway station and the old town - 5 minutes' walk either way. The staff were exceptionally helpful. Good Breakfasts. Several restaurants close by.

Good base for seeing Burgundy
    • Premium Double Room

Excellent location , nice and quiet and the breakfast was very good. The room was well decorated and the balcony a nice extra. The rain shower was especially nice.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Just nice

Rooms rather small

Good choice of breakfast with excellent coffee (compared to French "standard". Protected private parking lots

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Very comfortable stay

Relaxed easy atmosphere and simple secure parking and excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very comfortable hotel for a short break.

Good location close to the town centre.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

location near the center

very small room with view on the wall.

location near the center

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Excellent buffet breakfast, rooms are always clean and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent buffet breakfast, rooms are always clean and service is good. Convenient place to stay

Lots of space and great proximity to town and wine tasting...
    • Family Room (4 People)

Lots of space and great proximity to town and wine tasting facilities

Fine for an overnight stay, but I wouldn’t want to stay much longer
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Located within easy walking distance of the delights of this lovely town. Private, secure parking at rear of the hotel

Parking a little tight

Location. Pleasant room

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great Family Room

Great Family Room

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Good location with good air conditioning which was needed as...

Good location with good air conditioning which was needed as temperatures were 30 deg C

Spacious, clean and fresh room: even if it was on the ground...

Spacious, clean and fresh room: even if it was on the ground floor, it was really silent. Very helpful staff.

4.5
    Average
    • Family Room (5 Adults)

Not the best location, no 24 hour reception, dated bathroom, steep/dangerous stairs from kids area

The room was clean

Uncomfortable beds and tired showers

Exceeded expectations

Location is excellent Rooms are very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Quality overnight stay.
    • Family Room (5 Adults)

You had to pay €8 extra to park in the secure car park.

The location was very good less than 3 mins walk from centre of town.

Friendly
    • Family Room (5 Adults)

Expensive especially as not including breakfast Very tight car park for larger vehicle

Friendly Great room for 2 adults and 3 kids

Needs some attention
    • Family Room (4 People)

Room very dated and run down, several things didn’t work very well,

Breakfast, location, courtyard

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Brief encounter in Beaune

Staff could have been clearer about some procedures

Air conditioning and bathroom

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very noisy room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very noisy room. The noise from the traffic was incessant.

Very cosy and well situated in the center of Beaune

Very cosy and well situated in the center of Beaune

Relaxing stopover

Car park is small

Proximity to town centre , very comfortable room and great breakfast

was A very nice town. Wait that a visit

There isn’t anything I didn’t like

The rooms were nice and clean

Air con didn’t work - shower head only worked if lowered to waist height

Superb - but not cheap. But no complaint on value for money.

Comfort, quietness, tout confort

BreAkfast brilliant and friendly staff

Drinks on bar menu were not available

BreAkfast brilliant and friendly staff

Value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Value for money. Free parking around the corner.

Nice hotel to stay in Beaune
    • Superior Triple Room

The lady at the reception was very nice and accommodating. Room is comfortable and breakfast is excellent!

Nice hotel in a lovely town

Nice clean hotel, well positioned for exploring the town and secure parking. Good breakfast

Welcoming and comfortable stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel friendly helpful staff

Overall a very good stay in a beautiful location.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

It would have been nice to know that we were being put into a disabled room prior to arrival.

Great location, friendly personel
    • Superior Triple Room

Personel, location, calm, breakfast

Centrally located, friendly and comfortable.

Just be aware of extras to advertised prices, such as for parking and bringing a pet

Centrally located, friendly and comfortable.

Good value accommodation close to town centre.

8 Euro for on site parking seemed a bit steep.

Great location close to town and the main attractions and very good value for money.

Breakfast was expensive. Coffee and tea was lukewarm. Bathroom sink had problems.

Great hotel

A kettle would be nice.

Very central. Staff friendly. Breakfast good.

Walking distance to City centre