Reviews of EtC...Hôtel 2 stars

7 Rue De La Chaîne, 67000 Strasbourg, France

#53 of 83 hotels in Strasbourg

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Pleasant hotel

The indication of the hotel is not at all clear. When you get to the address there no indication on how to get in or other instructions. I reached the owner by phone and he was pleasant and came from another building to open the door. If your phone is dead, I do not know how to get in ...

The area is quiet but still next to the high-end shopping street. The system used with 2-step verification/codes is very useful and saves you the rouble of caring a card/key around or even worse: lose it!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Good location, very helpful staff though stairs may be daunting to some

Stairs, right from the street all the way up to the 3rd floor. Keep that in mind with mobility issues. Try to keep away from the red room on the 3rd floor as the colour is over-powering but on the plus side, and it only has a small window high up though on the plus side, the bathroom is very roomy.

Easily accessible by tram, in the city centre as well. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Quirky and rustic decor in an excellent location. No hotel bar but plenty of cafe bars nearby

It was a bit noisy at night when other guests were headed back to the rooms, no fault of the guests, the hallway was just close and echoed. It woke me up but peace was restored once they’d reached their rooms.

Location is excellent

Good location, no A/C, no elevator

There were no elevator and they gave us room on the 3rd floor. It was summer but there were no AC, however, it was not their fault though since they told us everything on the web page.

I liked the location.

Lovely place

Lovely city. Very good location and the staff is very helpful. The room was also clean and internet connection is very good. Worthy in terms of price/offer.

Great location, decent size room and clean enough.

The room was too hot for us to sleep in and we asked but there weren't any spare fans. We had to open all the windows then the wasps came in.

Great location, decent size room and clean enough.

Location was very central and perfect for walking to the...

I was told breakfast was included by the night staff person and then we were charged $10 a person when we checked out. The breakfast was good, but we did not know ahead that we would be paying $20 to eat it. The woman working at the desk was wearing an open t-shirt with a sports bra hanging out and I found that unprofessional for work attire. Found it uncomfortable in that setting. They provided a pac n play which was great, but we were not able to open it up and neither did the staff.

Location was very central and perfect for walking to the main square and la petite France. The hotel was very clean. The booking process was so simple and convenient!

Great value for money.

Stairs (nothing extreme, though). No aircon and no fridge in the room. A bit noizy.

Superb location. Separate toilet and bathroom (with bathtub). Neat and tidy rooms.

WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! FECES IN THE SHOWER DRAIN!

What happened to my friends and me in this hotel was appaling!. First of all, the hotel is extremely expensive for what it offers. The hotel entrance is small and cheezy, and the rooms are extremely small and smelly, fitted with the most horrible furniture (the closet was metalic and looked like it had been taken out of a millitary base and you could not open any of its doors without hearing the worst and loudest squeky sound). There was an unpleasant smell when we entered the room and the toilet room (that is absolutely horrible) stank of urine (it has no window and is no bigger than the toilet). It was horrible. The washroom was also extremely small, I kept bumping into the walls, it was THAT small. The worst was, however, yet to come. The shower drain was clogged. We removed the drain cap because we thought maybe that would make the water go down the drain more quickly and that's when we saw the most disgusting thing. Feces and the most appaling filth I had ever seen. In the shower drain!! It was late (around 11 pm) but we went to the reception and asked for another room (at least to shower that night) but the man at the reception said that the hotel was full. We had to shower like that, I do not have the words to describe the experience. I still have nightmares about it. We were given a new room the next day. That was ok, it was a 4-person room, a lot bigger, but the washroom and toilet room were the same (small, and stinky in case of the toilet room). The staff was not friendly at all (expecially the man in the evenings) and they seemed like they were shoveling coal. Not interested at all to be welcoming or anything like that, they looked like they hated their job. We only heard one apology for what had happened.

The cleaning staff made the beds and neatly arranged our nightwear. Bed was confortable. Good location, close to Notre Dame and Petite France. 24/7 Reception

We did enjoy it just small fixes I think that could increase the quality.
    • Quadruple Room

For the extra 35€. I thought the breakfast would a little more options. Also the room was alitttle warm in the afternoon but with the cool night the temp went down. In the summer I would imagine it would get a bit warm. Maybe a fan in each room.

Location was great. Easy to get around just by walking.

The area has a good public transport network and nice...

There's no lift and the room is a little bit hot.

The area has a good public transport network and nice location to the attractions! We took the tram from the FlixBus to hotel in 10 minutes. Receptionists are enthusiastic.

- Location

- Bathroom need renovation - Mould on Bathroom - No heating on Bathroom, very cold - Socket worked only when light was on. Had to leave the light on all night, otherwise we couldn’t charge our phones

- Location

Disappointing.

Dusty, moldy. Endless corridors and stairs, we asked to change rooms because our initial room was tiny with a mini bathroom. We were brought into a larger room with a large bathroom( fair enough). Ragged carpets, old windowpanes and no isolation whatsoever, cold and noisy. Hard bed, not comfortable at all, we barely had enough space for the both of us.

Central. Close to the cathedral. Good enough breakfast although not included in the price. Lovely staff.

Nice stay in a nice location for a business trip!

Internet only with E-Mail address, thin walls, but other than that very nice!

As I went there for a business trip I didn't spend so much time in the hotel. But the staff was super friendly, the room was very nice and clean! Thin walls and you have to provide an E-Mail Adress for Wi-Fi which I found a bit annoying, but other than that very nice location as well! Would definitely stay there again!

Сozy, clean and in the center

Breakfast is quite expensive. A set is standard, but the same in a cafe is cheaper.

The very center of Strasbourg, right by the cathedral and other attractions. The room is cozy, clean and quiet. I liked everything. And thanks to the staff - very friendly and helpful guys! :)

Very friendly and helpful front desk!

-No lift so lots of stairs. I did not mind but for those who have problems should be aware. - terrible pillows! next time I will bring my own.

Very friendly and helpful front desk! Especially Jehangir is the man! He was so kind and made our stay even better. And the location of the hotel is amazing!

I forgot my wedding ring in the room and they called me...

I forgot my wedding ring in the room and they called me immediately after they found it! Staff very friendly, honest and helpful!! ❤ Great location, directly in the center!

Loved this hotel, loved everything about it and I'll definitely stay there again if in Strasbourg.

No lift, but they can't do anything about that and it was only 2 flights and the receptionist offered to help us immediately

Fabulously spacious room, huge comfortable bed, nice breakfast, very clean and wonderfully located. Also friendly and helpful staff, and marvellous value for money.

Good

For the price, breakfast should be included, vice the extra 10 Euro per person. Also, very hard to get to by car as the side streets get shut down to vehicle traffic, one ways are in place etc.

Very friendly staff, good value for money.

Best location and value for money!

Me and my partner were really happy with booking our accommodation for 1 night at this hotel. It was located in the heart of city centre which was really important for us. We had access to every corner of city centre. The bed was so comfy and the shower was okay but could have been improved. We loved the breakfast as it offered our favorite bread. We enjoyed our first travel to Strasbourg. Thank you for hosting us!

The hostel is extra close to cathedral square and tourist...

The hostel is extra close to cathedral square and tourist info center. We could bring our bicycles inside for storage (next to the strollers of other guests;)

Our stay was outstanding.

Everything was excellent. Rates and location cannot be beat.

The Hotel Staff were all polite, patient and professional. I want to especially thank the young woman who checked my wife and me in. A surprise to me that she carried my extremely heavy bag to our room on the second floor. She is smart, strong and beautiful. We're coming back some day. Your Hotel is in good hands with the people working for and representing your business. Take care of them. David Johnston

Could improve.

Facilities... pillows too small and thin, very uncomfortable! The room was very noisy, I had to sleep with my earplugs and still...

Good location and the staff were super friendly.

Location was outstanding, right in the middle of the center.

It was very confusing for parking, it is written there should be parking but it is not true. You have to park in the city's underground parking spots

Location was outstanding, right in the middle of the center.

Perfect for a weekend stay

We had to park the car at central station as parking at Gutenberg cost 40€ a day! Interior of the room was a bit run down but still ok. We couldn't open the window during the day, due to the kitchen smell from the restaurant next door. You can clearly hear other hotel guests next door or above.

The hotel is centrally located. Every room has a different color theme and the whole property has a bit of a hostel atmosphere. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Perfect hotel for a short stay.

It was large enough for 3 of us and none of us got in the...

Exhaust in the loo could be added perhaps???

It was large enough for 3 of us and none of us got in the way each other. I really loved the location...! The Tram is a few steps away, the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Old town is all easily walkable... We enjoyed long walks, and the hotel made an excellent starting point for any direction...

Fair and we got what we prepared for.

Parking was Just nconvient and staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. The rooms are bare and cheaply decorated and renovated. The bathroom was the size of a broom closet.

Parking off site, rooms incredibly small, and bathroom very cramped. A refurbished building with the appearance of cheap and quick renovations. Location was ideal and close to restaurants and shops. Parking, however, was inconvenient and expensive so factor parking into cost of hotel. Staff was indifferent. The hotel is also located several flights above and is not handicap accessible and unfit for the elderly.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is very hard to find. Parking should be explained on the web side. Strasbourg is in general a bad place to visit. I would not recommend to go there - circumnavigate!!!!

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

good location, no airco

no airconditioning - we knew this and it was OK but I would not choose this hotel for a business trip in the warmer season design of hotel was a bit outdated

good location, friendly people, not a standard hotel chain

Very good (central) location

It was very hot inside and we couldn't open the window properly, because the room was facing a tiny roof, connecting with the other building, and the distance from the other building was very small - you literally can see everyone if they were in your own room. It made us feel very uncomfortable and unsafe. You can also hear everything that is happening in the rooms around, and there were several babies at the time of our stay, who were crying through the night, so it was difficult to sleep. Otherwise a very basic hotel.

Very good (central) location

Perfect for a short break
    • Quadruple Room

The shower sometimes went cold briefly and there was no extraction in the bathroom, which meant it became very hot after a ten/ fifteen minute shower! If taking a car, parking is a problem, especially with there also being no room outside the entrance to load and unload. Though the staff recommended an area ten minutes walk away, to park for free throughout the duration of our stay.

Location is superb and the staff where really friendly and accomadating. The room was basic but clean, though served our purposes completely. Would go back and definitely would recommend.

mold in the bathroom, window directly next to a house (no sun inside) stinky bedrooms way to hot! paint falling of the walls never ever again :'( no parkingspace near hotel

The hotel is perfectly located, right at the heart of the...

There's no lift at the hotel and the room were quite dark. My room (002) was not really well furnished but still sufficient for short stays.

The hotel is perfectly located, right at the heart of the city and very near the Notre-dame of Strasbourg. The staff have been extremely friendly and helpful. The toilets and bathrooms are separated so it was convenient for groups.

Great for a two star hotel.

Usual rubberised undersheet on the bed that French seem to love. I hate them. I spend half the night peeling myself off the sheets. It's like sleeping on a plastic bag! Solution- layer with a spare towel! Plus the mattress was too firm. Poor WiFi. We found this problem with all the hotels we stayed in in France.

Great location right in the middle of the old part of Strasbourg. 24hr concierge, good breakfast (lovely kugelhof), quiet after the pizza place next door closed for the night, around midnight. Fan provided for cooling.

No frills but excellent for value money hotel in central Strasbourg

We booked a triple and got a quad :D very clean and spacious and the hotel is very central - public parking is 5 minutes away in Place Gutenberg :) very good value for money

Overnight stay

- inaccessible by car; street parking available ~300m away, a bit problematic if you have luggage - old facilities - lack of air conditioning (not a problem for us, still not very nice if it's hot outside)

+ excellent value for money + good location, walking distance to city center + design rooms - each with its own theme; cozy feeling

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The location was just perfect

The room was small, but if you need to actually explore the city, the location was perfect...!! I'll stay there in my next trip again...!

The location was just perfect

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

A great place to relax in the heart of Strasbourg

The Hotel was new and as such the decor and the facilities were lovely. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bath products were excellent quality and breakfast was plentiful. The soundproofing was tops as the room was extremely quiet. There is no lift in the hotel and although this was not an issue for me, I imagine it could be for some. It is at the beginning of the pedestrian zone and handy to everything. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everybody.

Good! Staff could be a bit more professional

Please check the ID cards of your clients at least by arrival... To make sure right people enter the right rooms.

Very polite and nice staff, nice environment.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Good place in the center of Strasbourg

There is no elevator. Girl staffs are pretty nice but the guy one is a bit unhelpful. We got a bit problem to bring our baggage and stuffs without elevator and the guy staff seem like didnt care about it. Our room was in the corner, thought that our room wasnt in the right proportion and shape. The room was a bit tiny and especially the bathroom. Even it was so hard for me to get out/in to the shower because of the door inside the bathroom.

The location is amazing, so close to the tourist attraction and a lot of shop and restaurant around.

Very central, nice hotel

There's no elevator, prepare to climb some stairs if u get the room on the last (3rd) floor

Staff very nice and welcoming, the hotel is comfortable and cosy. Everything tidy and clean.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

ok but expected better
    • Quadruple Room

lot of humidity in the room, partly because of the leaking of the shower cabin, not very polite staff - reminding call about checkout time 15 minutes before the deadline is not something you would expect from a good host

comfortable bed, close to main attractions and the city center, beautifuly decorated room

- Wi-fi didn't work in our room (5) - View from the window was poor - Stairs to come to the lobby - Narrow bed - No AC - There was laundry near our room

- Clean - Good location - near to everything - Pretty big room - Nice hostess speaking russian - We've asked for bathroom and less stairs and we've got it

Great location and great staffs!

The facilities are rather old (but are clean). And also didn't quite like the long narrow corridor towards the room.

Great location and great staffs!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

a central location with a good price

the vent from toiletroom didn't work. whole flat is pretty old(didn't renovate but the showerbooth was ok)

location is really good. inexpensive price.

Good hotel and location - but skip the breakfast.

Breakfast was basic. Not a single vegetable in sight - just bread, croissant, cold hard boiled eggs, and a small amount of fruit, yoghurt etc. For 10 euros it could have been much better. Breakfast staff were in the kitchen talking and barely attending to guests at all.

The hotel was clean - reception staff very friendly. The bathroom was ok. Bed very comfortable. Plenty of wardrobe space. Good value for money at around £96 for 2 nights.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

At this budget price it's perfect for business or leisure

It'd be too churlish to moan about much...read the reviews and moderate them yourselves :-)

Friendly staff. Great location. Very clean. Genuine 2 star budget hotel. Can't speak for breakfast as I didn't have one. Ideal for business or leisure. I'll look this place up first if I'm travelling alone again.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Pleasant - and I'm going to be back there.

Wifi was a little wobbly in my upper floor room - but this was not important to me.

Simple 2* small hotel - but with quiet rooms - very friendly lady at the reception desk - calm, suited me very well, and at a reasonable price - in the middle of the old city.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Cool location and relaxed hotel

Room décor needs a refresh but not a deal breaker

Great location for The Old City. Very close to tram line. Recommend use of Park and Ride to access not just this hotel but anywhere in Strasbourg

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

3 days in Strasbourg

Pillows were very very thin....

Great location, staff was friendly and helpfull, room was clean, hotel from outside looks old but inside was pretty and very well renewed. They let us to leave our laguage after we cheched out, so visit the city again easyly. Breakfast was good, a lot of things to eat. We enjoy alot.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Good location, affordable price

There wasn't sandals and special equipments in the room.

The room was so light and big enough. Bath was clean and too wide. Staff was also hospitality. Location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Helpful staff, great location

Location was perfect, and staff were helpful. Booking.com failed to send my booking to the hotel but the receptionist was really helpful and sorted the problem.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Superb location

Room wasn't cleaned properly and the bad was small and not comfortable

This hotel is all about the great location. The girl at the front desk was very friendly

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Brilliant service and support, fresh bread and good...

Everything ok, just two things: wifi didn't work in the evening and an iron wasn't available the moment I need

Brilliant service and support, fresh bread and good breakfast:)

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Need of renovation.

3 floors no elevator, antique bathroom, found myself locked in the bathroom. No way to get out but to pull firmly the door and rwist the lock.

Staff is +++ Location is good

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

better suited to revellers who stay out all night and make the noise. no good if you want to sleep

carrying luggage up stairs. the street noise was unbearable

centrally located

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Excellent stay

Toilet room too too small

Location superb! Price great.

An average hotel in a great location.

The shower was tiny and the douvet inner was stained.

The room was a generous size. The location was great and the staff were pleasant.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Friendly staff

The view from our room was bad Breakfast could be more affordable

Friendly staff Excelled location Spacious room Clean

Clean, position, breakfast

Missing conditioned air

Clean, position, breakfast

No air conditioning

Very good location.
    • Quadruple Room

No ventilation in the shower

Very good location. Simple, clean and affordable for a family of four.

Location and quaintness

Vito or video from Senegal was great!

Vito or video from Senegal was great!

Nice room in the center

The room is very nice in the center of city and you can walk to sightseeing in Strasbourg. Good location.

GREAT

Easy access to shopping street and some nice bakery around the hotel. Staffs are kind.

Very pleasing experience. Thank you.

All round service and quality. Very satisfied.

great little place

Very close to all the major sights

Location was perfect.

Location was perfect.

Air Conditioning is missing.

Location... Location and Location

Best location in old town

No aircon or smoke detector inside room.

The location is amazing.

Overall, great value for the money and awesome location.

There was a strange smell in the room.

Great value for the money and great location

Wonderful Strasbourg

Fire escapes

Convenient with good restaurants nearby.

Three-day trip to Strasbourg

Nothing really to complain about.

Staff and location

The walls are too thin and noise from other rooms was very...

The walls are too thin and noise from other rooms was very disturbing as we could not sleep till 3am in the night.

Browse EtC...Hôtel traveller photo gallery