Reviews of Relais du Silence Hôtel des Tuileries 4 stars

10 rue Saint-Hyacinthe, 1st arr., 75001 Paris, France

#784 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

July stay at Hotel des Tuileries

Safe in the room out of order. Shower was handheld only. No way to attach the shower to the wall and take a normal shower as that part was missing. One window also not closing 100% so some road noise can be heard in the morning.

Location is excellent, very close to Tuileries metro station and Louvre museum.

The staff at the reception is really nice!!

We stay here for two nights. The cleaning for the second was not that okay.

There's air condition!! The man from the reception is willing to answer our questions.

Great location, close to a lot of shopping, heaps of...

Only negative is the wifi was really bad.

Great location, close to a lot of shopping, heaps of restaurants and a lot of great scenery right around the corner at Jardin des Tuileries. Our room was delightful.

The location in a central but also quiet street
    • Classic Double Room

Too small rooms; few space to guard clothes, luggages, other; no security facilities in the bathroom, to get in and out of the bathtub, for example. There was no service at all(no luggage transportation help; no other food than breakfast and no other time than in the mornings). No way it is a 4 star hotel..

The location in a central but also quiet street

basic, definitely not a 4 star hotel

Way too over priced, room was tiny, no privacy in the toilet, view from room was terrible, Wi-Fi didn't work in the room, TV didn't work in the room, shower was cold at 11am on a sunday

Location was great

Had a lovely stay at this hotel. Staff were helpful, hotel is beautiful.

The breakfast spread could have been better. More choices, more space. No toothpaste or conditioner was available.

Films were available in English, bed was comfy. Shower was lovely.

Average

Room wasn’t ready when we arrived, door was broken, when we got back from breakfast someone opened our door and didn’t close it (because it was broken). Luckily nothing got stolen.

Great room.
    • Cosy Room

Heating system seemed to cut out. Room wasn't warm enough. Would get someone to show it next time! Buffet breakfast was nice, but selection limited. Get these right and I'd score 10.

Great room. Quiet (4th floor). Clean. Very nice bathroom. Excellent reception service. I thought I'd left my charger and staff were very helpful.

Staff were exceptionally friendly.
    • Superior Triple Room

Staff were exceptionally friendly. The location of the hotel is excellent, only a 5 minute walk to The Louvre and a fantastic shopping street. There are plenty of cafes around the hotel and a supermarket (our room had a fridge).

Two of the staff were excellent at accomodating when...
    • Classic Double Room

Room was a bit too tight. There was only a shower head holder at waist level. Would be nice if they could add a shower head holder higher up to help with efficiency.

Two of the staff were excellent at accomodating when requested. Thank you!!

Would not recommend as a last minute booking option.
    • Classic Double Room

I booked the room last minute and ended up staying in the hotel room with the view on the wall and poor internet connection. Eventually I changed the room but first impression was spoiled.

Pleasant hotel, good location.

After staying the first night with no issues, we woke to find some woodlice in our room and a strange looking substance on the mirror. Apart from that the cleanliness was good. The breakfast offering left a lot to be desired. It was our first wedding anniversary and so we had requested a nice big room - the room was lovely but no where near as large as the room in the photographs.

The bed was so comfy and the staff were really welcoming and helpful. The location was top notch and really easy to navigate into the centre. The decor of the room was very modern and the heating was always left on so we came home to a warm room after being out all day in the cold.

Definitely not a 4*

The room was not ready when we tried to check in at exactly the announced time (1pm) and was not ready even when we came back two hours later. The "replacement" room we were given then overlooked the back roofs and ventilators. Bathroom smelled strongly of mould. Bathroom and toilet doors can't be closed completely so definitely not soundproof. Cleaning supplies carts are being left in the hallways all day.

The guy at the reception when we checked in was very friendly.

Quite, nice, central hotel for business or a weekend trip alike

Quite and clean hotel. New bathroom and nice style concept. Not too over stylish and deliberate but feeling natural and chosen with good taste. Friendly staff from front desk to breakfast staff. Breakfast had good quality. Definitely a hotel I will return to and recommend to friends and colleagues.

It was nice hotel if you don’t have eat in this hotel
    • Junior Room

Breakfast. It was terrible. We read about a breakfast start from 7.00 am. We went to breakfast room at 7.00am and we was there 30 minutes. We have only some bread, Nutella, tea and that all. Fruit was ugly and moldy. the chef was late and we did not eat anything hot. But the hotel took full payment for breakfast, although it did not fulfill its obligations about Breakfast.

comfortable bed, elevator, separate shower in the toilet and a nice bath. We don’t recommend have a breakfast here

Excelent location!
    • Cosy Room

Bed was too short (me at 182cm having legs over the edge...). Very small room (cheapest room type "Cosy").

Excelent location! Many restaurants nearby. Rather quiet rooms. Unfortunatelly we had some very noisy neighbor, but this wasn`t hotel`s fault. After we complained about this, we have been kindly moved to another room (!).

Unique hotel with real Paris feel
    • Junior Room

Our room was quite and spacious for Paris, however the bathroom was unique. The toilet was tiny and the shower was a hand held device over the bath. Both very difficult for my 6'6" husband to navigate. On our last morning we were awoken by the fire alarm - someone had burnt the toast - no explanation or apology from anyone.

good central location, I liked wandering around the streets and gardens nearby

Overall a great stay at an excellent location. WIFI needs a little imrpovment and I will return.

Wifi is useless, safe is tiny, door cannot be properly locked

location, friendly staff, cozy room, comfortable bed, windows well isolated, breakfast selection absolutely sufficient and the witress is very kind and attentive

A member of the staff helped me carry my bags from the Boss...

The breakfast buffet sounded a little pricey.but I didn't eat there, so I couldn't really tell whether it was really worth it or not

A member of the staff helped me carry my bags from the Boss store almost where I got off the bus to inquire how far I was from the hotel.Wonderful customer service, and the champagne greeting didn't hurt either!

Affordable High End Accommodation

Perfect location, walking distance to all major attractions. High end neighbourhood, perfect for those with expensive taste! Great service, Staff more than happy to hold our bags for the night whilst we stayed for one night out of town. Staff were also happy to accommodate us with early check-in when another room was available.

Perfect little place for a city break

Toilet was very small and the lights were motion sensitive so they kept going on and off. The bathroom sometimes got very wet. Lift is small (only fits around 2 people and 2 hand luggage).

Location is ideal for exploring the city. Very easy to get to from the airport ( RER B to Chatelet then change to pyramides then a 5-10 min walk). Staff were friendly, room was a good size. Not sure on breakfast as I didn't have it included.

Beautiful room.

The bathroom sand shower were nice, but separate toilet very small!! Knees hitting the door! Ha

Beautiful room. Comfy bed!! No coffee or tea facilities in the room which we found a bit strange, but cheap coffee very close by. Fantastic location. Great staff.

prefect location quiet excellent if you dont want the noice...
    • Cosy Room

the hotel itself seems a little old, I stayed there a few years ago and loved it, they could do with a little renovation of the furniture which was bad and old specially at the entrance of the hotel,. reception looks old and not very practical.

prefect location quiet excellent if you dont want the noice of the city plenty of nice restaurants

Good journey in Paris

Should have more Introduction about city tours and others.

The staff are nice. Rooms are exactly what I imagined when booking: large and comfortable. Everything are good.

Living in the centre os Paris!

A very confortable and affordable refuge in the centre of Paris. There are many restaurants nearby and you can walk to the Jardin des Tuileries in five minutes.

The TV was pretty good size, bed was nice and soft.

While booking I picked a room with a balcony and paid extra, but on arrival I've been told that there is only 2 rooms at the whole property and both are occupied. The lady at the reception agreed to transfer us to a room with a balcony on the following morning as someone was vacating it and as a courtesy we have been offered a free breakfast. The temp room we were accommodated for the night was bit on the small side and wasn't very pleasant as there was strong smell of mould. I was annoyed by the gap of the toilet (see pic's) and the bathroom doors. Don't know it might be a French thing, but I like my privacy while I'm on the toilet seat. Anyway after moving to the balcony suit the next morning everything was fine, the room was bigger as well.

The TV was pretty good size, bed was nice and soft. Tuileries station is literally 5 mins walk.

Best place to stay

Location and helpful kind staff clean room and bathroom. Breakfast was enough. Anything you need what iş close hotel staff everytime there for helping.for us that Perfect chose for first time in Paris.

Only for location

The hotel staff were so so, the wifi was extremely poor which was really an issue since I needed to work while there.

Nice cosy boutique hotel in the heart of Paris. A stroll from the Louvre, jardin des tuileries and the metro.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The staff were particularly fiendly, helpful and...

No problems at all. Would certainly book again

The staff were particularly fiendly, helpful and professional. The evening glass of champagne was a very nice touch. Rooms were a reasonable size and well fitted and quiet. Very comfortable beds

My short holiday...
    • Junior Room

I have chosen this hotel for my short holiday. Staff was unhelpfull and unkind. My mum left her charger in our room. We came back after 2 hours, staff agree for checking the room, but it was already clean and there was no charger inside. Moreover, cleaning staff entered the room without knocking. Staff is terrible! Hotel is cozy, but staff is counter-advertising!

Very Good location

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Excellent hotel
    • Superior Triple Room

I enjoyed everything about our stay at the hotel.

Excellent location within walking distance of the Louvre, L'Opera and Galleries Lafyette. Large bedroom with comfortable bed, tea/coffee making facilities in the room, also fridge, safe, large modern shower and bath,, slippers and 1 bathrobe provided, fluffy towels, shampoo, shower cap, body lotion provided. Our room had a small balcony large enough to stand on - not all the rooms did. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment on it. Receptionist very friendly and helpful with excellent English.

No frills crash pad
    • Cosy Room

No frills . Only 24 rooms in all and simple. Blah . Close to a hostel in terms of decor but more private. Cheap

It was friendly and conveniently located.

The staff took our own towels by mistake when doing room keeping. We have our own towels for traveling because we don't like to use towels from hotel. Unfortunately the staff failed to give us back our towels and refused to replace us brand new ones!

Location is very good! 5 minutes to metro and lots of restaurants within walking distance.

Ok hotel, but more 3* than 4*
    • Cosy Room

It is a small hotel and the rooms are very small - they look much bigger on the picture. The air conditioning / heating was very noisy. I would put this more as a 3* hotel and have stayed at nicer 3* hotels in the area.

The location is good and the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Some of the lighting in my room didn't work and the door...
    • Cosy Room

Some of the lighting in my room didn't work and the door was hard to get closed. Breakfast was ok, but I wasn't told until check out that it wasn't included in my room cost. Location is fantastic. Close to attractions and great restaurants. Also, I requested a itemized receipt via email. Hope it comes soon!

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

NOT A 4-STAR IN ANY PLACE OF EARTH

SERVICE AND CLEANESS OF ROOM

not a 4-star hotel in any place in this world. TODAY WOULD NOT PAS 3-HOTEL EVALUATION. THE HOTEL SERVICE WAS AWFULL. ALTHOUGH THE ROOM WAS GREAT AND THE LOCATION ALSO

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great area, room a little small for a couple.
    • Classic Double Room

Sadly I felt the room was too small for the price - no little kitchenette, not much space to really breathe for a couple. The bathroom was also difficult as there was only a bath tub with no shower or glass panel. In order to have a shower you would have to be extremely careful not to flood the bathroom (which I accidentally did when washing my hair). Whilst I always loved the look of this hotel and feel the property is lovely, I was let down by the 4 star rating / price / room size / bathroom issue. Could be better for a single traveller on business!?

Top location in the 1st arrondissement; right off rue St Honore and near shopping like Colette. The room decor was light and easy, the property was quiet and felt safe. Room and hotel was tidy and clean.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

loved the hotel
    • Cosy Room

the douche spells water out on the floor.it leaked.

the location the staff the room nothing is to be left out of excellence this is my 2nd stat in this hotel and i think ..it will always be my choice in paris.everything is near by parking metro station and taxis.

Fabulous small boutique hotel , friendly helpful staff and an amazing location

Coffee machine at breakfast

Friendly staff who went the extra mile to enhance my experience ,the complimentary champagne /wine between 6pm and 8 pm !The location was superb !

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Centric hotel

The rooms are a bit small. In our room we had a bath and not a shower, it was not very comfy. We had to change the keys twice because they didn't work in our rooms. The night and day receptionists seems not to talk to each other about the room organisation.

The location is very convenient. You can walk the centre from the hotel. Nice restaurants around. The rooms are really silent.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Good value, good location
    • Superior Triple Room

The rooms were a great size by European standards & the location was good. Close to shopping & restaurants. We had 2 rooms & they were adjoining which was very nice.

The only good point is the location.
    • Cosy Room

The only good point is the location. The rest was very basic.

Clean, great central location with friendly staff

Clean, great central location with friendly staff

Great position and a comfortable hotel - very helpful staff
    • Classic Double Room

WiFi was very slow and kept dropping out

Great position for reasonable rates

Everything except the stairs and elevator.

The stairs and elevator.

Everything except the stairs and elevator.

We had a wonderful stay in this hotel.

We had a wonderful stay in this hotel. Attention to detail makes it a comfortable stay with a good location!

Convenient location, clean, kind staffs

WIFI speed

Convenient location, clean, kind staffs

Booked by friend & very happy with choice.

YesBooked by

Nice, efficient, well organised

Slight street noise

Location, staff

Fine

Fine

Really great staff!
    • Junior Room

The shower/bath got the floor all wet!

Bed was extremely comfortable!!

The situation was perfect.

The situation was perfect. This is a hotel I would return to, and recommend to others.

Was ok

Small room and no restaurant

Disapointing

Service

Quiet room

Front door was regularly locked Shower was very small Too many flashing lights in the room

Quiet room Super location

Perfect location!
    • Junior Room

No room service, short breakfast hours and patchy housekeeping.

Location was perfect and the room was really comfortable

4.5
    being put into windowless room that was extremely cramped...

being put into windowless room that was extremely cramped and adjacent to the reception desk on ground floor. Appalling!

kind staff

slow wifi

location and safety

the type of the room and the stars of the hotel were false!

the type of the room and the stars of the hotel were false! 4stars and instead at least 2, the photos of the rooms were completely different

Clean rooms, comfortable bed, great location, friendly staff

Breakfast was disappointing

Clean rooms, comfortable bed, great location, friendly staff

Agreable

Conforti and localization

Location was amazing

Location was amazing

very bad wifi signal.

very bad wifi signal.....

It is good hotel for very short trip for its superb location

Cleanliness and room size

Location and Staff cooperation

staff is kind and location

staff is kind and location

none

none

good

Clean, friendly, well located and value for money
    • Junior Room

Everything, great welcome, gentleman at reception was informative, friendly, made a plan and suggested ways to make our stay pleasant.

Functional and near to where we wanted to be. (Tour de France)

Room was small

They did not have breakfast

A wonderful and rewarding experience

We liked evrything !

Friendliness of staff, and excellent location.

Great place, wonderful people.
    • Superior Triple Room

Variable and slow internet connection.

Very helpful staff.

Luxurious, central and simply great!

The location was ideal, the rain shower was great! Staff was friendly and ready to help. will recommend this for people visiting Paris