Reviews of Hotel Du Cadran 3 stars

#545 of 1,599 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Very Comfortable Stay in Paris for Five Nights
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were on the first floor, and you can definitely hear some of the noise and conversations that happen right outside your window. My wife and I went to bed around midnight every night, and had earplugs, so it didn't bother us much - but if you're a light sleeper, it might be wise to ask for a higher floor.

The room was more spacious then I remember when booking. The bed was comfortable and there was a large tv to watch before falling asleep. Easy walk to the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides. Plenty of restaurants right outside the hotel and it felt very safe to walk back to at night.

Very pretty and clean numbers, cool bad.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything is fine. Price is a little bit high, but in case of all the other Paris prices, it looks acceptable.

Very pretty and clean numbers, cool bad.

Everything else.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was great but smaller than a cruise ship cabin an no drawers to unpack luggage.

Everything else. Comfortable, quiet, clean and fantastic location for touring and cafes.

The area that the hotel is situated in is perfect
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The toilet was positioned too close to the bath. The lift broke down. The lift alarm went off at 5 in the morning. We didn't have water to shower for most of our last day.

The area that the hotel is situated in is perfect

Great location, walking distances to Eifel Tower & the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location, walking distances to Eifel Tower & the river for the Baton Mouches. Plus also the metro. Just outside the hotel are some very buzzy cafes & restaurants, there’s a little supermarket too or buying bits & bobs. Hotel is a little gem, we had a corner room with lovely sunny windows for catching the evening sun. Would definitely go back & would definitely recommend it.

We enjoyed our stay and the breakfast room was a delight!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are quite small. The fridge was so well hidden in the corner, we didn't realise it was there until the day we left - as it is concealed by the bathroom door when open!

A modern yet quirky hotel in a convenient location and staff friendly.

Modern, comfortable and convenient
    • Family Room

Being so close to the Eiffel Tower and the Bateaux Mouches boats is great - they are both an easy walk from the hotel and the hotel is situated around the corner from a number of restaurants and shops. The ability to securely store our luggage before checkin and after checkout was a real bonus. The breakfast included was good with sufficient choice.

Stayed here one night on our way home after a vacation in Italy.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In some ways, stereotypical Paris. Room was small (and the bathroom almost uncomfortably so, although that was mostly due to the way it was arranged). The staff was helpful if somewhat indifferent.

The location is perfect if like us you have limited time in Paris and want to focus on the Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, and shopping. They also provided a baby crib free of charge.

I had a do not disturb sign up and they left extra towels...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was hair on my bed sheets and nobody informed me that you put your card-key in the wall to turn on the lights. I figured it out after a minute or so, but this isn't an everywhere thing, so reception should tell you.

I had a do not disturb sign up and they left extra towels and shampoo outside for me. I love they have a room for your bags so you can tour the day you leave or if you get there early. All my stuff was untouched.

Good but reception day staff incompetent
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff at reception cheerful but incompetent ie I asked for an early morning telephone call To wake me up to get plane for aerport but they did not do ir. Also the sign on reception desk shows 18euros for car to airport but it cost me 60 euros

The little toiletries

Probably chose an expensive hotel that did not come up with standards I would be used to in Ireland.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bedroom was next to a storage area for d housekeeping. So not ideal when you wish to have a lie on. I expected a higher standard because of the hotel rate but on reflection nothing in Paris was cheap.

The bed was very comfortsble.

Very enjoyable everything made our stay for our wedding anniversary just perfect.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful, they couldn't do enough for us. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the location was just right. The breakfasts were substantial and well cooked and the service staff were very helpful.

Never again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No heating. Both myself and my guest left the hotel feeling ill and unable to enjoy the second day in Paris. One of the mirror doors inside the room had a huge crack which the staff were apparently not aware of, giving us the impression it may have been added to our bills. The wifi did not work apart from the 30 mins we spent in the breakfast room. No coffee or tea in the room. Number to call reception was not written anywhere in case you needed anything. Basically, you would just go there to have a bed and a roof and shower in a cold room. €180 is waaaayyyy overpriced for that.

Location was the only upside

A lovely boutique hotel in an excellent location at a reasonable price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom washbasins are a bit too shallow.

A nice clean quiet modern room with very comfortable beds. The hotel is in an excellent location which feels safe and has a Metro station almost round the corner.

Great weekend getaway
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking is a bit of an issue in Central Paris although expected to be so. Same with the room size, very small but in line with expectations

Perfect location to explore most of the major Paris landmarks by foot. Lots of restaurants and small shops in the area. We had a room overlooking the street with few bars open pretty late, but no issue with noise when windows closed. Staff very friendly

will not return and could not recomend
    • Comfort Triple Room

The room is not nice at all, the furniture is not convenient. The breakfast time was not properly communicated - no one has told us that brekfast time for Monday is different and we missed it. No compensation was provided or proposed.

Location is good and you can walk 15 minutes to Eiffel towel
    • Comfort Triple Room

I reserved a room for 3 people and I paid but all we got was an small room hard for 2 people to fit it. The room was in different location and almost 10 step underground. We changed our room 3 times in second day but they charge us same price.

Location is good and you can walk 15 minutes to Eiffel towel

Clean hotel with friendly staff in perfect place and great breakfast. Go for it!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Glass door in the bathroom, so you can hear every noise. Not so good for first holiday of lovers :D but bathroom was perfectly clean with shower gels and shampoos.

Very nice clean hotel, friendly staff, perfect place (10minutes by walk to Eiffel Tower). Excelent breakfast. On our way backt it was national strike and staff called us in the morning what is going on and help us to book car to bring us to airport instead of going by train which was in strike. Absolutely perfect.

The breakfadt was good.
    • Comfort Triple Room

We reserved a 3 comfort room. It turns out a stuffed room where u cannot move if the sofa bed is opened. Also, the toilet is tooo tight you can barely move. We also required a room in a high floor and good view. We got a room in 2nd floor of second building with blocked view and unopenable shades because of facing neighbors window.

The breakfadt was good. The room was tidy and clean. The neighborhood was good. Many conveniance stores and diners/restaurants/cafes around. Even a barber shop, and a dryclean just near.

not that bad
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

room is too small luggage can't be entered easily no hot pot in room to make tea or coffee they didn't give me extra things for my honeymoon trip as i have asked them and they told me my room has been upgraded already but it was the same as I booked in breakfast timing 7-10 am and few thins to eat in small place and crowded not easy to move no iron or the table available in the room and coasts 10 euros if ask it from them luggage check in without any cards or names on the bag in small room and you are the one to help yourself as there is no one to help you with your luggage to your room as well. overall It was good experience but not for honeymoon only for single people and friends

the reception people are friendly and smile a lot and tell you where to go and how to reach there place is nice neat and clean near Eiffel tower 6 min walk

Great hotel with hit or miss staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Before I made the booking, I called to check if the standard bed accommodation could be prepared as two twins (as most of the time it is two twins pushed together). They agreed, so I booked the room. When we arrived, the room had a single bed. I told the man at reception and he was very apologetic. First, he sent a hotel employee to check if the bed in the room could be separated and we found it could not. He proceeded to tell me that in the morning (we had a late check-in), we would be able to change rooms. The next morning I awoke to a phone call from a woman in reception who told me if I wanted that room, I needed to pay an additional €20 per night. This was frustrating as the other man who worked at the reception desk already told us that we would be able to change rooms at no additional cost. I proceeded to go down to the desk to try and explain to her the situation and she told me that because I had no record of the phone conversation, there was nothing she could do. She also said that if I paid for standard class, I would receive standard class. It was so disappointing to receive such terrible customer service in the morning after receiving such great service the night we checked in.

I have stayed here previously and had no issues. The location was perfect for getting around to all of the landmarks and restaurants that we wanted to explore. The A/C was a life saver as it was very hot outside and almost everywhere we went. There was an espresso machine downstairs that (although only occasionally working) had good coffee. Although the rooms are small, there is a handy ledge that allows you to organise your things so they are not in the way and so that you can completely unpack. There is a safe in room for added security for your valuables.

Beware the noise on Monday nights
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I've stayed here several times and loved it. This time it was a Monday night, and apparently the trash is picked up then so it was noisy. It was also extremely noisy the next morning for some reason - some very loud trucks outside our window very early. I was trying to meditate but just could not concentrate.

The location, the staff, the rooms are all very good here.

A great option for Rue Cler Neighborhood
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel sends you a survey a few days before you go and uses that to make sure your stay is perfect. In my case they helped me to find a great restaurant nearby and made a reservation for 4 of us.

Nice clean hotel within walking distance to the tower and restaurants.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Other than the chairs in the main lobby being small and uncomfortable, nothing.

Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast and great location. Their room service staff was exceptional!

It could have done with a proper lounge/bar area to meet...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It could have done with a proper lounge/bar area to meet and relax with family. I noticed the area that sells the macaroons etc is always closed. Not open as per the hotels advertising photos.

Great Location

Nothing. All good.

Excellent location with plenty of restaurants and supermarkets close by. Room was small but that is usual for Paris however it was very clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was quite nice.

Location and cleaning staff, they leave little baskets of...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The internet was HORRIBLE. Afternoon staff cranky and not helpful.

Location and cleaning staff, they leave little baskets of goodies if they can't clean your room. Smart design

Perfect location, clean, nice linens, great staff!
    • Comfort Triple Room

The space was small, but it was fine for us.

The staff made it wonderful for us -- they were so friendly and helpful. We just needed a room for one night before we left for the U.S. with our grown son. The space was really small, but workable and we were only there to sleep. The room was really clean and I liked the toiletries and the linens. I would definitely stay there again.

Nice hotel in great neighborhood
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We did not eat breakfast here since there are better options nearby.

Spent several nights at this hotel which is located right near Rue de Cler neighborhood. Several shops, cafes, and restaurants in the area. Eifel Tower is nearby and a metro stop is right around the corner. The rooms have modern design, and A/C which was nice since it was extremely hot during our stay.

Except for the irritable staff(lady) and breakfast not sufficient as in other hotels, stay ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Front desk staff in pm (lady) needs more customer service orientation for assisting visitors with accommodation when there is a room availability.

We had a wonderful view of the EiffleTower from our room.

Great boutique hotel in the Rue Cler area
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms were nicely done but very small. Shower stall was tiny even for 1 person.

The staff were great, helpful; needed ice daily for a sprained ankle and they got it every time. Fantastic location and good amenities.

Short arrival stay before Provence
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was very small. Good thing we didn't have a lot of luggage. No place for us to sit (other than the bed) to relax.

Great location. Lot of places to see conveniently. Cafe's right out the front door, but even better was finding one off the square. (a Rick Steves suggestion)

Ooo La La! Hotel du Cadran!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Time there was too short.

The room was clean, quite, and with a modern decor, with lots of plugs for electronics, and a lovely window that opened for fresh air to a quite neighborhood of Paris. The location was perfect. 11 minutes on foot to the Eiffel Tower, and a quaint cobblestone street around the corner with shops, cafes, restaurants, flower shops, bakeries, fresh fruit stands and groceries.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

It's location, location, location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast room usually warm and food can run out before end of service time.

Absolutely love the location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Sardines
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

In my 45 years of travel, our superior twin room was the smallest room I have ever stayed in. Neighboring rooms had to store their stroller and umbrellas outside in the hall because there was not enough room for both the guests and their belongings.

Location...one half block off Rue Cler.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Great location helpful staff
    • Family Room

The window in our room didn't seal properly so very noisy. We moved rooms and much better. The wifi wasn't good - made it very difficult to do work which was the reason I booked a hotel with wifi.

Hotel was great. Fantastic location. Staff super helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great Stay

Room was a bit small.

Location was great. close to Eiffel tower. subway and RER train 5 minute walk. Breakfast had good selection, very good. Lots of restaurants and shops just outside the hotel. Would definitely return if in Paris.

Great Hotel in a Fabulous Location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I loved it. Definitely would stay here again.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was awesome - cheese shop, market, wine shops and restaurants were on our block. Amazing!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Perfect location!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Perfect location. It was lovely but it's a shame about the air conditioning. Couldn't work it out. For some odd (in a pleasant kind of) way, we enjoyed the noise outside the window. The waft of fresh coffee in the morning waking us up. The feel of French living.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Overall a nice place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There's no kettle in my room.

The night shift staff is very helpful, I asked for some hot water at late night, and he got me a pot from the kitchen. I really appreciate it.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Wonderful Stay in Paris Center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The WiFi is sometimes spotty in our room at night, which I am guessing is just everyone returning to the hotel and it might be a little overloaded. Definitely was not a huge problem as it was near bedtime anyway.

All the staffs were extremely helpful, the rooms were clean and tidy and I could actually see the top of the Eiffel tower from our room! It is situated in the middle of a lot of attractions and is perfect for us as we like to just walk around and sightsee everyday.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Nice place, nice neighborhood.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was there on U.S. election night and the Wifi cut out at night, so I was unable to email, access news, etc... And unable to sleep, but that was the election result, not the hotel.

Great location for my meetings. Nice neighborhood filled with restaurants. Rooms small but efficient with everything I needed. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Let me speak my okay, but not perfect French without switching to English.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Excelente location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Beautiful location. Less than 10 minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower, 30 minutes walk to Louvre Museum. The location could not be better. I didn't need train or bus while in Paris. We walked everywhere! Staff are quietly friend, if you are used the Frenches. They are few shops around and good restaurantes too. I would definitely came back there.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

wifi connectivity is a problem.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

wifi connectivity is a problem.poor wifi.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

It’s clean, good area, comfortable room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy at night and in the morning as well.

It’s clean, good area, comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

the rooms are small but this is usual for Paris.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the rooms are small but this is usual for Paris.

Perfect weekend location

The prices

Love Paris
    • Comfort Triple Room

Perfect location, close to metro station, Landry, food. Eiffel Tower.

• Comfort Triple Room

It supposed to check in the hotel, but they checked me in another building opposite to the hotel itself??!!!

4.5

Food left in the room and dirty sheets.

Loved the location right on Rue Cler.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Loved the location right on Rue Cler. Definitely a popular spot for dinner. Lots of grocery/markets around but they close around 8:30.

Very nice hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was little bit inadequate

Staff were so kindness

wrong wifi password given

varied breakfast

Fair for the price

Rooms are very noisy.

Lovely area. Lots of brasserie and bars. 5 min walk to the metro.

The room had a window to a wall so there was no natural...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room had a window to a wall so there was no natural light.

Loved it!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We couldn't get the wifi going on either of our phones

Really clean, great location for our first time in paris

Would recommend this hotel to anyone.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location - 1 minute to Rue Cler. Easy to get to by Metro - Ecole Militaire. Staff very helpful.

The staff was very accommodating and friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The location was superb! Close to cafes and a metro station.

We were charged for breakfast despite having declined the...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Steep stairs down to the bathroom from our room

We were charged for breakfast despite having declined the offer at check in

Short distance from attractions and transport links

Expensive area

Short distance from attractions and transport links

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very good location - close to Eiffel Tower.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Very good location - close to Eiffel Tower. Nice pedestrian area close by with cafes and shops

Clean rooms! Great experience
    • Comfort Triple Room

Hard to climb up the stairs From bathroom to room. Not advisable for old parents

Food is very good

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Excellent all round service, We'll be back!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dining room crowded at certain times.

Excellent! Breakfast, room and internet spot on!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Good choice for a short break
    • Family Room

Small rooms and breakfast was a little crowded.

Nice and clean and modern. Great location.

It good hotel but some expensive

Receptionist women

Location and the night shift staff

Great customer service

Great customer service

Lovely boutique hotel, large rooms, very close to Eiffel Tower.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was extremely helpful. Our luggage was lost by the airline and the hotel offered us additional toiletries and phone chargers.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Amazing find in Paris
    • Family Room

The beds were very comfortable and the location is perfect. The staff were very accommodating and very friendly!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

All of things was ok

All of things was ok

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Great location. Next to supermarket

• Reviewed: 6 May 2016

Clean modern hotel with friendly and accommodating staff.

No internet the first few days which made making plans more of a challenge. It was fixed and there were no further problems.

Clean modern hotel with friendly and accommodating staff. Would definitely stay here again if I have the pleasure of coming back to Paris.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

The complementary breakfast was well done and the staff...

We were located on the first floor, which was very loud, especially at night. There was a cafe/bistro across the street that was open late and even with the windows shut, we could hear them quite clearly. Unfortunately, we couldn't keep the windows open without people right there- remember that they don't have screens in Europe! And with was no fan or vent in the shower it could get quite unpleasant in the room without opening windows! We Americans were not used to a shower with no walls, no curtains, no edges, just 'there' in the middle of the washroom, so the floor was flooded with water. We had the Jr. Suite which was one room that should sleep 5, we had 4 and the space was quite adequate by Paris standards. The bathroom was quite large, but the shower really threw us off. The other party in our group had booked the family room with two connecting room. The bathrooms were extremely small- but there were two of them. The 'connection' was odd- they had the end of a hallway closed off with a key as a way to separate off the two rooms from the others; there was not actually a door going from one room to the other. They were on the second floor and the noise bothered them a lot too. So try to stay higher up. (At least they could open their windows without fear of someone jumping in) The day staff had one person who clearly did not like people from the States- even though we tried our rudimentary French. But overall helpful!

The complementary breakfast was well done and the staff there was wonderful. Mostly cold items, but plentiful and fresh and a variety. Kept very clean and well done. The night staff went above and beyond for us to make us feel welcome and helping us with tickets and passes. The location was excellent. Close to metro that was staffed (not all are, and many are closed without warning). Right out the door is Rue de Cler with shops and restaurants. Short walk to the Eiffel Tour and the Seine. Nice area to walk around- we felt very safe here.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

Everything was perfect.

Everything was perfect. The location is excellent, around two corners away from the Eiffel Tower, Hotel des invalides, Seine river and the subway line.

There are also 38 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.