Reviews of Hôtel du Globe 3 stars

74, cours Sextius, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France

#7 of 48 hotels in Aix-en-Provence

Internet was a bit slow but I was completely happy at the price being charged for the room. Can’t have everything.

Great location. Very helpful staff. Room was good size and clean. Parking great.

This classic hotel had lots of fun and funky style. It was very comfortable for one night with a great balcony and comfortable air conditioning. The elevator was being repaired so only one person could use it at once, but really it wasn't a problem. I would certainly stay here again, the staff was absolutely charming and delightful!

The bed was soooo comfy, rooms spotless and staff very helpful. We have stayed here a number of times and so have friends and everyone is of the same opinion, an excellent hotel experience and location.

Parking was available, but is VERY cramped. However, there is no real complaint because it was far better than the public options.

Renovated hotel is very well done. Rooms are not huge, but quite adequate. Bonus rooftop terrace was very nice.

We had asked for an in-hotel parking, but that was full so it was not provided to us. We were told about two paid-parking lots one at 10 minutes walking and another at 15 minutes walking from the hotel. Unfortunately (maybe because it was a long weekend) when we tried, both those lots were full. So I had to go hunt for street parking. It took more than 45 minutes of searching to find a street parking. The hotel is a good one, but the parking scene really dampened our experience

Very good location

Nothing. I highly recommend the hotel & Aix itself for a city break!

I really like this place! Good sized room & great shower. It has recently been refurbished & has French style but also very comfortable. Very good air con & quiet peaceful hotel. There is a great sun deck for all guests to use. Nice touch. Well placed to stroll around this gorgeous, buzzing, town. Enjoy the enormous street market if you are lucky enough to be there on a Saturday morning. Best of all the young ladies on reception were so helpful. I arrived by car & couldn't find the "Therm Parc" car park. The lady who spoke good English described the tight hotel car park and as I had a wide car I opted to park elsewhere. She drew me a map & came outside to point exactly where I needed to drive to find my car park. Really appreciated the help, thank you.

Lovely light and bright room with renovated bathroom. Location was excellent, close to restaurants, tourist areas and walking distance to train and bus stations. Two breakfast options available at E12 or E5 for an Express breakfast. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Enjoyed the extensive Saturday morning market nearby.

Breakfast was very basic for 12 euros so didn’t try it a second time. Internet didn’t work in our room .

Location good , clean rooms, rooms with balcony better than others

Found an insect trapped in the curtain, so I killed it and it's bloody. Is it mosquito or gnat? Secondly, I was told breakfast was 5 euro but was charged 12 euro. The notice board showed breakfast as 5 euro comprises either 1 pave bread and I pastry or 2 pastries. Why? Pourquoi?

Good location 7 mins from city centre. Le service etait pas mal.

Muriel was fantastic with me . I did not check that pet are not allowed and she autorised me to have my dog with us . She organices a early breakfast for the day that I had my race and I could take a shower after it

The staff were amazing. Jim is in a wheelchair. They allowed us access through the garage and helped with the elevator. They could not have been more pleasant. The views from the roof top terrace are great.

The lift was broken on the last 2 days of my stay. There was too much noise during the night coming from neighbouring rooms.

The Hotel was comfortable and clean. Close to the centre and the staff were pleasant.

It's a bit old fashioned that the hotel wants guests to leave the key at the reception desk during daytime. Doesn't suit this modern hotel.

Great hotel in the city centre. Only steps from the middle of town and within walking distance of basically everything in town. Fantastic roof terrace with an amazing view over the old town centre. Right around the corner is the picturesque Pavillon de Vendôme: a beautiful pavilion that houses art expositions and has a typical French garden. Very relaxing. Value for money is perfect.

Some room had a weak wifi connection. But Public area were fine.

The bed was nice and comfortable. The room was clean everywhere. Hotel stuffs are very helpful. Location was cloth to center of the town.

Room was so bright and white - lovely sheer curtains, but then a surprise - blinds that come down at night to make the room dark. Best thing was the top floor patio - with lounge chairs, and nice view of the city. Super comfy beds too and nice soft linen.

Would have been good to have simple tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

The room and bathroom was clean and had obviously been renovated which was nice. The beds were comfy and the shutters kept light and noise out. We were able to park in their garage which was great too. The view from the patio on Level 4 is very good.

I was on the last floor and there was a sun deck, many people went there and shut the door many time daily, including the middle of the night, it wasnt easy to sleep, I was on room 40.

The wifi was spotty, worked for about 20 minutes, which was a huge inconvenience. The one room we stayed had the toilet in a closet, and thankfully we are small people so it was okay but I couldn't imagine anyone over 140lbs or over 5'8 being able to fit. The rooms were a little small but we managed. When your room is facing the street, beware of the screamers at night, I don't know who they are but they scream at random points in the hours until about 5 am and then go away.

The staff was friendly and accommodating to my poor French, the location was nice, a little bit out of the center but still very nice, the roof top terrace was clean, but should have lights at night. The shower was fantastic, the room smelled like lavender. Very excellent.

I loved how, despite being fairly small, the intelligent use of high class fittings and a calm, soothing color scheme, the place still manages to exude a sense of style. The location is absolutely fabulous and the Rotunda as well as the main street are less than a kilometer away. We were able to walk everywhere! The staff couldn't be nicer ( or more patient with my limited French speaking efforts!) and everything was spotlessly clean. We could not partake the breakfast as we had to leave early for Marseilles, but it smelt wonderful. Undoubtedly, whenever i visit Aix again, this will be my go to address!

My room was on a very loud street. There was street cleaning or something like that going on very late which kept me up for most of the night.

The hotel/room was very clean. The shower was great.

No hot water facilities/kettle in the room for tea and coffee. It was very tight on room to move. I would describe it as a modest hotel, well located with great reception staff and service.

Position was fabulous!

Parking was difficult to negotiate on a busy one way street near a bus stop. Underground parking in a limited space was very difficult upon check out !!

Helpful pleasant English speaking staff. Easy walking distance to central area and main restaurant area. Adequate convenient breakfast. Room was larger than most in France. Car parking was available in a limited space. Staff member helped to remove the car from its tight parking place. Needs to be experienced !!

It was a little hard to find so some directions on their website would have helped.

The rooms had been really well refurbished and were exceptionally clean. The location was great for exploring the old town and its many restaurants were in walking distance. The ability to park at the hotel was vital as it is difficult in the area.

Breakfast was a bit expensive for what is was but good and convenient

perfect location, very friendly staff, quiet , clean and simple but tastefully decorated rooms

The lift was a little small but nothing you can do about that.

The hotel was located close to the main hub of the city so east to get around. It is a bus ride or taxi from the bus or train station. The balcony was a lovely touch. I loved the room it was a really good value for money.

Just small remark, one of the towels when I entered the room wasn't clean. Other than that the stay was perfect.

I would like to thank the staff for their excellent customer service; they were very helpful and cheerful. The room is comfortable, clean and very convenient. The location is excellent just few minutes walk from cour Mirabeau & the historical center.

The hotel is superbly located-very near the Cours Mirabeau and the wonderful labyrinth of charming, backstreets full of boutiques, restaurants, fountains, etc. The wonderful, outdoor food market is literally right down the street from the hotel. The staff goes out of its way to help.

The woman serving breakfast was very grumpy & the basic breakfast was expensive for what it was.

The hotel was well located for visiting the old town. The desk staff were friendly & helpful.

Breakfast rather basic and unvaried. I would prefer to pay more for extra choice.

Hotel is just off centre. All of Aix was walkable from the hotel. Good size room.

Difficulty parking - we had to find an underground parking garage that included driving down exceedingly narrow one-way streets and ending up on a ramp down to a garage where the availability changed from one to zero half-way down. We backed all the way up and tried to turn around only to see that the zero had gone and we gingerly drove back down and entered and actually found a spot! Phew. The other problem was breakfast was really disappointing - the only hotel we stayed in France where there was no French cafe-au-lait (they all have very efficient little machines that produce delicious cafe-au-lait at the touch of a button) and instead American-style carafes of regular coffee. Our last morning in France - what a bummer! We should have just gone off and found breakfast in Aix instead.

Very nice receptionist - helpful when we called because we drove round and round and couldn't stop in front of the hotel on a tight one-way street. She gave us good advice. The room was comfortable if not spacious or luxurious. Amazing roof-top terrace where we could see the tip of Mt Ste-Victoire! And we could walk (15 mins) to Cezanne's studio in the morning which was a real plus.

Fantastic staff ideal location and very nice, well-set up and clean room. Very quiet as well although adjacent to center. Exactly what's needed in a hotel.

The bed was quite hard!

Welcoming, modern and clean hotel, with lovely staff, very close to the centre of Aix-en-Province. Close to lots of bakeries, restaurants and markets.

The elevator was a little small when travelling with a pram. Parking a challenge.

Centrally located with access to cafes and shops. Rooms were very clean and a great shower. Child cots and baths were available for our 6 month old. Staff were really helpful and kind.

The beds were wonderful, the terrace was excellent and the staff was exceptionally helpful. Muriel the manager and Julie the receptionist were both overly accommodating and patient in speaking French with us as we spoke slowly. Lovely location with a welcoming atmosphere and delicious breakfast. This is a gem in Aix-en-Provence! Thank you!

These are not great problems if you want to stay only one night as I've done, but: 1) Probably it has been just my bad luck but room no.41, had the window overlooking the hotel terrace where there were some people. I could not open the window or turn on the lights of the room without breaking my privacy, so this room is not a good location if you want your privacy. There is the option to close the roller shutter and I did it, but I hate to sleep with closed roller shutter because I do not see the light of the sun in the morning. 2) The cost of the garage was 5 € / day, but I didn't see this fee when booking, there was wrote parking not available and I have read there was the parking in other feedbacks. I suggest you to explain it better. Yes, I know it is a little price and it is not a problem, but the clarity shouldn't be an option.

I choosen this hotel because: 1) It is quite near to the city center. 2) The price of 72.68/day + 9€/day for the breakfast + 5€/day for the garage, was not so expansive if compared to the others on booking.com and with good feedbacks. 3) It had a private garage for my motorcycle. 4) The reception is open 24 hours a day.

The double bed placing needed some twisting around

No fault whatsoever really enjoyed the stay, the quiet room ,windows which open plus excellent staff and cleanliness

To my surprise my room had a private balcony with views over Aix! It was great to chill there in the evening and enjoy the views. Thanks to the attentive staff I got a last-minute ticket to a tour of the Louberon region. They had great tips to share about what to do and see in Aix and their 24/7 availability made everything easy. Nice touch, renovated, modern and clean bathroom, added to the comfort of my stay.

a little issue with WiFi connection from my room (solved), small room

Very friendly staff, clean room, newly renovated facility (e.g. bath room), comfy bed, good location in the old town, and wonderful view.

Great Stay in Aix. Very convenient location, you can walk all around the city easily. Underground parking nearby (at an extra cost). Modern and comfortable rooms, and very friendly staff at the reception.

The bed was terrible and the toilet hadn't been cleaned properly despite there being a sanitary check strip across it. The room was also pretty noisy as I could hear them having a shower, and water would gush down a pipe near the room every time someone upstairs flushed the toilet.

The property was well located and had a reasonable bathroom

Lovely small hotel in a great location. Very clean, excellent air con which was essential and the nicest and most helpful staff. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel. The nicest thing was the gorgeous roof terrace. So quiet and peaceful and a great place to both work and get some rest in the sun or shade. Excellent value for money too especially during the festival. I will definitely go back.

It will be good if they can provide bottle water or have a kettle in room.

- Good location. Short walk to the old town and tourist office. A lot of restaurant and coffee shop near by. The bakery which opposite to the hotel is good for a light breakfast and the lady works there is super friendly. - Staffs are very helpful and friendly. - The view from rooftop was spectacular. You can bring snacks and wine there and enjoying the sunset. - Room is modern and clean.

I would have liked water that was at a higher temperature in the shower and a small refrigerator in the room to store a few things. (I don't care about mini-bar contents.) These are minor, but you asked!

I especially liked the staff. They were very welcoming and helpful. I also liked the location - very easy to get to everything in the city without being in the center of the noise and activity.

the only very negative point is that the rooms are noisy. The soundproofing is extremely poor. Unfortunately I shared the noisy (night) life of my room neighbors: noisy flush and water pipes... I was even able to hear when they took their shoes off...

Very central located, staff is VERY good and helpful, good communication, nice design, very clean

Would have liked tea and coffee making facilities.

Rooms very pleasant and well appointed. Helpful friendly staff. Good breakfast Very quiet, even on a Saturday night. Effective air conditioning

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Bed was not comfortable, bath room very small

A small boutique hotel a bit outside of the city center. Room was quite small, but they have a very nice rooftop with a great view.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Hard to park nearby, or anywhere in Aix, needed to use the central multi-storey.

Although not grand looking from the outside the rooms are beautiful and modern, perfect for a short break. Very convenient for the centre of town.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

I did not have any issues, for my mom the room was too hot and she did not have high sleep quality.

-The stay overall was very pleasant -The staff is welcoming and professional -there is a wonderful breakfast served in the lobby with very good selection of food -convenient location - close to old town, walking distance to bus / train station

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

for the price perfect

very welcoming & helpful reception, we arrived early 12.00 and told us we could have a room in 30 minutes, once one became available. Location was good with lovely breakfast cafes across the road

No shelf under the bathroom mirror and with myself and my wife it was difficult to leave out make up,shaving equipment etc.

Very nice light breakfast. And yes the croissants were flaky. Coffee good and strong A shelf under the mirror

Can't think of anything...

The staff was excellent! So helpful when we had any questions. Loved the rooftop terrace and the rooms were very comfortable.

One has to crouch in a corner by the window, at the BOTTOM of the wall, to charge gadgets... Also the curtains are too flimsy, and then if we lower the blinds there's no natural light. Also there were 2days (out of 5days we were rhere) when internet access was not available in the room, but ok in the lobby

The room is newly renovated and bright. Good choices and value for small breakfast eaters. They allowed us one time to bring lunch we bought from Saturday street market nearby. By the way, this Saturday market is fantastic n lively, excellebt participation by farmers n craftsmen of the region, very colorful, and food items are of high quality.

Poor breakfast. My room was next to the big terrace. It was quite noisy due to door opening/closing of the terrace even late at night. Besides due to being next to terrace, insect got in to the room from the below part of the door of the room.

Location is good.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Shame there was no bar in the hotel to sip and glass of wine on the roof terrace

Very accommodating and friendly staff The room was large, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. Overall very good stay

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

If I really want to be picky, I can mention that one of the lamps was making a bit of a sound when switched on.

It is a very pleasant and cosy hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. The property even has a rooftop terrace where you can enjoy the view of the town and the mountains in the horizon. The staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

The property is located on a slope and if you have taken a bus it's a tiring long walk with your luggage. Skip the breakfast.

The room had a tiny balcony and you can see the most gorgeous sunrise from it. Decent sized room and was comfortable. The location is good and accessible to all the restaurants and fountains. Friendly and informative staff.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

The photos on the site are rather flattering. My room was small, and a bit grubby - stained carpet, cupboard worn and old. The internet access was sometimes very slow. Overall, a basic place, adequate, but not much for the price.

A simple place, well placed for the old town.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Maybe some toiletries....there was a soap/shampoo combo in the bath and shower, but no conditioner. SMALL detail though!

Staff were lovely--very friendly and helpful. There was a breakfast buffet, but you could have just a cup (with refills) of coffee for 1 Euro. NICE!!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

It was perfect!

We loved the friendliness of the staff and the great little breakfast to start our day. The room was very comfortable. We loved the rooftop lounge...so beautiful to just sit and take in the view!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

One-way and blocked streets made it a little difficult to get to on first try. Garage is small; let them park the car!

Staff was exceptional; gave great advice and even parked our car. Great location near old Aix near lots of wonderful restaurants and happy hour spots. Wonderful roof-top patio to lounge, socialize, eat breakfast, listen to bells ring, drink wine and/or watch sunsets and Mont Sainte-Victoire

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Easy access to centre of town. Several outstanding restaurants nearby. The en suite bathroom very high standard. Also liked the roof terrace, just a pity the weather was not better to enjoy it to the full. Breakfast was also good value. Would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Aix.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Nothing and we will go back if we go back to Aix

The location near the centre of Aix is excellent. Staff were very helpful. Room was comfortable. Overall price acceptable.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Parking is difficult in Aix and that has nothing to do with the hotel. There is a very inexpensive lot some distance from the hotel (20-30 minute walk) and ext time I will likely use that.

First I appreciated the very friendly and helpful staff. I also loved the location and as my room was on the fourth floor (elevator to 3rd), I had the rooftop terrace right outside my door. Great value.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The location is great. Very helpful and friendly staff. Terrace on the roof, went there for sunset and sunrise, peaceful and beautiful and very French over the rooftops. Onsite parking. It was closer to the old city than I realized. Would stay there again and hope to.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

nothing really, staff were pleasant and helpful , especially when it came to parking the car as the hotel has no facilities for parking

clean comfortable hotel with helpful staff .good beds , shower stall a bit small , but hotel is located on the border of the old town and easy walking to all sights

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Our room and corridor were decorated in pleasing, restful colors. The bathroom was beautifully appointed with a walk in shower and double sinks. But most of all the staff was very welcoming and helpful. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

I stayed on two different occasions in the same week. The first night, my shower faced downwards and there was no way of moving it, meaning I was unable to stand actually under it. The second night, I had a beautifully finished shower, it was walk in with a nice removable head and gorgeous tiles.

Lovely staff, clean modern interior, comfortable bed! Absolutely adore the roof terrace!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

the street can be noisy sometimes breakfast very basic (there is a nice baker opposite - fresh croissant and coffee/tea !)

Rooms decoration nice @ comfortable staff availability

Perhaps some lighting on the roof terrace at night would not go amiss but other than that I liked everything

The location of the hotel was perfect. Only a 5 minute walk to shops, restaurants and bars. It had a lovely roof terrace with great views across the roof tops and the city beyond. The rooms were bright and airy, with a good, quiet, air conditioning system. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel without a second thought. Great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Parking charges in the town are very high - 25 to 25 euros per day!

Muriel, Julia and all of the staff were very welcoming and helpful. Location of hotel is a little out of the main town so be prepared for a 10 to 15 minute walk. Roof top terrace was great. Option for express breakfast is a good idea.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Rooms a bit small but fine given price and location.

Excellent location, comfortable rooms, friendly staff. Very clean and nice terrace with fantastic views.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Parking was terrible. We parked briefly, while we went into hotel to register and find out where to park. When we got home we received a 20.€ charge for the 10 mins we parked while registering.

Nice, comfortable hotel. Standard breakfast. Location was good for walking about to restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

If I wanted to be REAlLLY picky, I always like to have a small fridge in rioom and tea/coffee making facilities but really not a big deal !! Perhaps I'm just a coffee fiend ..... Lol

Location is greatt -- very close to the Old Town and markets etc. !Cleanliness was top-notch and A/C worked brilliantly especially during a "hot wave" as one of the locals called it. Great shower/linens/towels etc., helpful staff -- couldn't fault anything especially for the price !!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Stylish, new furnished and very clean. Location is excellent where is just next to the city town. Very thankful to the nice lady of front desk who help me drive my car out of the garage.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Breakfast was expensive for what it was, especially with the current exchange rate. But there was a kettle in the breakfast area which allowed us to make our own tea as we like it!

The rooms were very nice and clean, and the location of the hotel very good for going to the old town.