Reviews of Hôtel Du Viaduc 2 stars

9, Rue Du Viaduc, 13150 Tarascon, France

#9 of 14 hotels in Tarascon

Great small hotel- well situated and good value for money

The hotel closes from 11am until 4pm so no chance of an early check in

Lovely small hotel well situated to walk to restaurants and sites in Tarascon. Rooms were fine - hotel managers were great . Good value for money

Nice breakfast but a bit late on its opening time.
    • Twin Room - Disability Access

Very little transportation public or taxi, available in this quiet commuter village of Arles. If you don't have a rental car, better stay elsewhere.

Nice breakfast but a bit late on its opening time.

Hot, but otherwise clean and comfortable.
    • Small Studio

We had a groundfloor apartment, but to our dismay when we got there it did not have air conditioning. Two large fans, but with 38degrees they weren't enough at all. It was swelteringly hot in the apartment for the whole week, and if you opened the windows flies swarmed in. The apartment itself was beautifully clean, but weirdly laid out with the toilet in the wardrobe at one end and the shower in the middle between the kitchen and the bed. If it hadn't been so hot it would have been more bearable, but this apartment really does need air con.

Very good value for money. Good location, Tarascon is a lovely sleepy town with the SNCF through the viaduct to Avignon, Montpellier, Nimes, Arles and more. Perfect if you don't want to drive everywhere. Lots of Parking, and quiet at night. Very clean, and overall furnishing reasonably comfortable. I think rooms in the main building have air con which you definitely need, but the apartments on the ground floor round the courtyard do not, so beware!!

Great breakfast with homemade yoghurt in small pots.
    • Economy Room with Shared Toilet

the Hotel has a reciprocal partnership with local producers & restaurants. Unfortunately for us as it was May1 only one of those restaurants was open. The"midi" average food for exorbitant prices. appRengly prices would hVe been better if ghettknew we were staying at Hotel!!

Great breakfast with homemade yoghurt in small pots. Owner very friendly & helpful

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Nice place on the edge of town

What were the Genius perks as we weren’t offered anything? The breakfast was nothing special.

Nice place on the edge of town

It was cheep

Hard to find

It was cheep

Breakfast with excellent homemade yogurt and jam!

Breakfast with excellent homemade yogurt and jam!

Good for overnight stay
    • Economy Room with Shared Toilet

Shared toilet with several rooms on the landing. A bit tired and could do with some refurbishment.

Location was excellent. Very traditional

I arrived a little late but they were very welcoming and the...

I arrived a little late but they were very welcoming and the rim was very comfortable

The owner was helpful & friendly.

The owner was helpful & friendly. We had bit of a problem with the number lock on the door.

OK.
    • Economy Room with Shared Toilet

Shower unit: Water not hot at all.

Quaint hotel basic but nice

Very quaint. Receptionist recommended good restaurants. Pretty town.basic room nothing special but but nothing to criticise

There is a huge incinerator very close by.

There is a huge incinerator very close by...

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Great stopover

Warm welcome, renovated comfortable room, lovely breakfast, no pressure to leave, shops, cafe and restaurant just round the corner

• Reviewed: 7 September 2015

Very friendly and helpful host.

Hotel is charming but not for those who want modern decor. Our toilet was down the hall from the room, but with sink and shower ensuite.

Very friendly and helpful host. Location just a few minutes walk fromcenter and train station. Hotel is tricky to find, even though signs are well posted.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

When me and my partner arrived to the hotel, we found out...

When me and my partner arrived to the hotel, we found out that the staff doesn't speak a word in English. But it's ok, we are in France, they are not obliged to. I guess, I just trusted the information on the website too much. The receptionist/owner wrote down the sum we need to pay and gave us a tiny sticker note with 2 codes written on it. After returning to the hotel at 11pm I realised that I didn't have that little sticker anymore, I found it later glued to my passport, which I left at home. We managed to get inside the building with people who happen to come back at the same time. At that point I thought it's not a big deal, it's still a hotel, these things happen all the time, we can just call the emergency numbers and we'll be able to get into our room. But how frustrated was I when no one picked up and moreover I could hear the phones ring, cause they were left in the reception. I can't imagine if something much worse happened, what would we do. We tried to speak with people who live nearby, we even thought about getting in the room through our window. After couple of hours we gave up and went to sleep in the car. Around 7am the owner showed up, there was no explanation whatsoever why the emergency numbers do not work, no apologies, nothing at all. We had couple of hours of proper sleep before check-out and just before leaving we got a bottle of water from the owner as a sorry gesture. I was so dissapointed with the whole experience. After all I sent an official claim translated into French to the hotel, asking for explanation, but it was left unanswered. Which again tells about the level of professionalism. I can't tell you anything positive about this place, cause I even didn't have a chance to look at the room properly.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

Clean, and the location is good.

The room was really too hot, hotter than outside (and it was 35°C outside), and we could not open the window because of the very bad smell of a factory nearby. The shower was randomly switching between super hot and super cold.

Clean, and the location is good. Parking is available.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2015

The staff was so very helpful and made great restaurant and...

The staff was so very helpful and made great restaurant and sight seeing recommendations. The price was great as well and the small town is conveniently located near Arles, Avignon & Nimes.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

Close to town.

A bit tired and rundown but for 49 euros you get what you pay for.

Close to town. Friendly helpful host.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Central location.

Central location. Great staff. Good parking.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

Simple rooms

Foppy shower head Door key pad

Simple rooms Receptionist

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.