Reviews of Hipotel Paris Buttes Chaumont Pyrénées 3 stars

7 rue Jean Baptiste Dumay, 20th arr., 75020 Paris, France

#1450 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

6.2

We didn't book the breakfast, but from what I saw I wouldn't recommend it. Not many options.

The room was nice and clean and the hotel had a very good location. The area there is very beautiful and the metro to the centre and everywhere else was easily accessible.

The bathroom looked quite fine at first, but wasn't that good. Toilette seat loose, same with the tap and black mold in the shower

The room was small but looking really nice&cozy, with a french balcony. Located in a nice area !

The Hotel is perfectly situated in a residential area with many little shops, supermarkets and little bars/cafès around. Easy access to two metro stations within approx. 500 m walking distance. The rooms are small but perfect for a ciry trip to Paris. The beds are comfortable.

Great location, close to the Jourdain metro station (less than 5 minute walk). The room are really nice and comfortable, enough space as well. Great price as well. I would recommend it for a few days stay in Paris.

Broken shower door. Dirty under bed. Pair of old socks and what may be a dried plum stuck behind the room heater. Room was over the front entrance on the first floor, in front of the elevator. It was very noisy at all times.

Comfy bed. Warm.

reception staff not friendly and speaking with bad way. room services was not good cleaning and playing with my stuff. room is so tide and the view is very very ugly from the window.

internet is okay

Room is small. Room is not too clean, dust was collected underneath the beds. Shower is even tinier, barely can move in there. Checking out was bad because the staff was on his phone outside and didnt give any care about us and other people waiting by the front desk eventho he saw us there!

Front desk staff speak english. Lots of eating places around hotel. Close to train station.

I did notice some little bugs by the sink I would recommend that is investigated when possible

Nice accomondating hotel... Thank you for making us welcome

Smallest rooms and most uncomfortable bed I've ever seen in a hotel. Not awful, just "below average".

Great price, good location, staff friendly.

The shower requires an upgrade

Excellent location, quiet street in a desirable area, with a huge range of eating out options. The staff were always friendly and spoke English too.

We had to leave early and the property would not refund the nights not stayed. And it was very frustrating as booking.com would not assist and the estaishment would not help either.

Rooms are very small but expected for the price

Lovely little place which is in a hidden gem part of Paris with great Bars. The sunset view from Belleville is amazing and only a 5 minute walk.

The shower is not separated from the toilet, so that all gets wet. The space is veryvery limited, just to pass from A to B. You can't take the key with you.

The bed is good.

One whole day there we're no hot water, the administration reacted as they didn't care. WiFi is poor, the pages are opening but downloading is limited, we couldn't get 14mb file

Cleaning lady is very friendly

The toilet has a very high bowl... not comfortable to do my thing. 😅😅😅

Its location as it is near to metro station pyrenees, staff is very accommodating. Kudos! Cleanliness is 10 out of 10.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The only two things I can complain about is cleaning, the cleaning service was not soo bad buut one thing really scared. Little tiny bugs in the sink..I think thats huge problem. So if you see that tell reception rtightaway And also because room are very near to each you can hear closing the doors and thats quite loud.

Bed was good, space enough, great shower, nice staff open 24/7. It is little bit out of the city center but it is 5 minutes walk to metro. Also just across the street is small cafeteria - great to start your day and on the same street like 30 metrs there is a pub where you can finish your day. Long story short- do not expect anything fancy. If you want to stay few days and do not mind taking metro. Just take it easy. Call them if you have any questions they are ready to answer you

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

- The room was rather small, however, OK for a solo traveler. - The organization of the very small bathroom - no shower curtain (no place for any, anyway) thus the bathroom, including toilet, walls, floor, all were completely wet after each shower. - The so-called "service fee", which I didn't see anything written about on the site (apart from the "taxe de séjour", which I knew about) - however, it was a modic fee of less than 2 euros, but was a surprise nevertheless. - Was not very quiet inside the room - loud, sudden noises could be heard from the corridor (doors smashing for example) - however, they were not often and during the night it was OK.

- Closeness to the metro station (however, a "secondary" line - you will surely need to change métro somewhere in order to reach the major attractions of Paris, but this is not necessarily a bad thing). - Very clean room and well equipped (I appreciated especiallly the hairdryer). - The furniture and the room itself looked new. - Friendly staff at the reception. - The nice price for a room with private bathroom, at a 3 star hotel in Paris.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Two shirts been stolen from my room ,the stuff didn't care ,they told me no one would steal shirt ,they would steal money or laptop ,wow really ??? Who cares they stole from my room for sure ! They didn't care and even laugh at me and my fiancé !!!!!!!!!! Awful place ,not clean ,when we leave the room every time ,we have to give them the key !!! Why do they can steal ? I am very disapointed

Almost nothing ! The price let say !

The hotel charged me twice for my stay saying that they hotel didnt receive the money for the night . I have paid online through Booking.com and the hotel claimed that they never received the payment so i was charged in the hotel for that night as well!! Could you please explain what happened? And i obviously need to claim my money back. Awaiting your reply on the same

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Not at all like the Booking ad looked. Rooms were very small. Our room did not even have a real shower, it was literally a shower head above the toilet (the whole bathroom would get soaked). We asked for an extra pillow and the staff was very nice but apparently they only had 1 extra pillow in the entire hotel. The hotel was fine if we had known what we were actually going to get. The pictures on the Booking.com website did not match or accurately describe the rooms. We were disappointed with Booking.com, not necessarily the hotel.

Location was near Metro station

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The bathroom was basically in the room, there was only a sliding door which didn't cut any noise out at all. Not very good for romance. There was no kettle, fridge or "do not disturb" sign in the room.

Great location near station and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Room was terribly dirty. They washed just sheets and floors (but in the middle, because corners was totaly black). Shower doors not washed at all (from hotel opening i think) you can see brown calx on all doors. What is more tables and bathroom are full of small flies. Room has molds. An the worst thing was sleeping blanket (which you can't find at all). It was only bed cover which smelled and looked disgusting. We had cold, because we were afraid to use it first night. Next day we were complaining about that so we had to wait when they will wash it and dry it what was really strange, because i think hotel (3 stars by the way) should prepare everything before guests arrives.

Stuff was friendly and some of them tried to help, but some didn't even speek english.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

room in poor condition, was not clean, wents and nightstands full of dust

Room was cleaned every day (but not well..) good lokation, close to metro, relatevly cheap to dine out

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Bathroom is very small, also I smelled smoke, someone was smoking in another room, also they open the door of the room without knocking, and there is no "don't disturbing" tag,

Stuff, Quiet, Good location

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

I don't usually bother writing reviews, but people should know that this hotel has bed bugs! I was absolutely bitten to death by them and managed to even kill a few. Worst nights sleep I've ever had. I tried to contact the hotel about this - but they have not replied.

Staff were friendly and location was close to the metro

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Room was very small and dirty. Bed was NOT comfortable, dirty linen and blanket with holes. The noise from outside was really LOUD. When neighbours were using bathroom we heard everything and the noise through water pipes was loud. Small ants climbing everywhere on the walls. They were repairing hall during our visit and there were lot of white dust in our room. On our food, clothes, bed. And photos are OLD. Really worst experience EVER.

Good place, near metro stop, many shops.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The hotel charged my credit card with the whole room price, and had to pay the same at arrival. They promised to release the first palyment before leaving, but it did not happened even after leaving. Actually the visit was on 3rd december, and it is still not released, and almost a month passed. The room wasn't clean. The bathroom was too small. Window had a view to a wall. Just sheets on the bed. One dirty blanket in cupboard.

good location, close to the metro and shops

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

It is quite far out, but on easy public transport links. The room was in fairly poor condition, mould on the shower door, taped over holes in the walls etc. There is no sound proofing between rooms and even though the window was double glazed, street sound was easy to hear (luckily it was pretty quiet outside even on a Saturday night).

The staff were all very pleasant and welcoming. The beds were comfortable (firm). The shower was hot and powerful. The hotel is in a side street so not much noise. The breakfast was delicious (croissants and baguette were so fresh). The price for a hotel in Paris was great. The area around has interesting little shops, cafés and bars.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

The hotel was dirty .The sheets were not clean ,the towels also smelled wired.I used one towel to rub my feet and when I came back I was not sure if they replaced it with a clean one or just folded it and put it on the bed. The breakfast not worthy .Not many options

the location was good . The guys of the reception were nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Attitude of staff was good. All staff was able to speak in english without difficulties. We solved payment immediately after I checked the room. They explained me briefly and clearly each part of payment and I paid same amount how I should pay according to booking. The room was cleaned every day, towels were changed also every day. The location is pretty good. 2 minutes from metro station and 10 minutes by metro to downtown, district 1. TV, hair dryer and wifi worked correctly. Bathroom was small but for the price totaly fair.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Staff's attitude- rude.. (Night receptionist) overcharged- on booking said total price 70€ and when we arrived we were charged tax- first time in charged more then confirmed by booking... We were tired so I just left it as it was and paid...

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Bad service, very small room, quite dirty. The awful wifi was offered by a third party company that required you to watch an ad video to gain access. The paid breakfast only allows you one small french bread and one croissant, and you only have some crappy sweet spreads and butter to pass on them. The price is quite cheap for an hotel, but you can get much better value for this price on a BNB or even a hostel.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Need more metal spoons in the dining area. Kettles in the rooms would be a massive plus also.

The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. Very pleasant manner. Would highly recommend this hotel based solely on the staff attitude to their guests

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Extremely rude and inconsiderate staff, bedrooms are not as nice as shown on the images. Some rooms consisted of bed bugs, so not worth the price. I would recommend not staying here if you are staying with small children or large group of people.

location is great, close to metro and beautiful city of belleville

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

I did not appreciate the night receptionist. Dirty shower and floor. Just sheets on the bed. One dirty blanket in cupboard.

We arrived as we booked online we were told to pay 43€. I gave 50£ and the man had no change. When he told me usually people pay by card. I then reply what could we do. He told us he would give us in the morning. I went to get some change and gave him. In the morning if I did not get change the man was gone. The room was dirty and the sink was plugged. The shower was so sticky with missing tile that I went with sandals. Room was so warm and was reluctant to open the window as they were people outside. Could not use the wifi. Bad experience. Will go and give money elsewhere in the future.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

The room we stayed was awful as it was stinky and more than that the toilet flush was broken and it was noisy like a waterfall. When we went to the reception and informed about it , he said he will look into it following day morning. But when we came back to hotel after walking around the city the issue still was there and the reception said it is a big issue but can't sort. When we ask questions when can this be sorted he was really rude and he said he can't do anything etc.The issue was not sorted until we left the hotel in 3 days and on the final day we have been given a separate room. But it was after spending 2 sleepless nights with 2 kids. We had to use our friend's room for toilet usage. It would have been a nightmare if we didn't have a friend who stayed in a separate room. The Lady who looks after the breakfast room was very rude and I have been push off out of the room sharp at 10.a.m. and she was not polite at all. My 2 year daughter was singing a nursery rhyme when we were about to leave out while we waited at the reception and the reception man came and asked us to take her away as she is being noisy. It was really disgusting to recall the rude way we have been treated. Never recommend anyone to go to that hotel , specially people with little kids. Hotel is not cleaned at all and stinky. On top of that most of the places are broken. Felt like staying in a piece of garbage box.

Close to Metro

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Bathroom not cleaned over one weekend night

Very friendly and helpful staff. Practical location near metro for city centre Some nice places within walking distance too Very good value

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

Wi-Fi was not working. They charged 20E more than the price shown by booking com. You can hardly communicate in English with staff.

Location is good.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The rooms are a bit outdated and small.

The staff was very friendly. Room was clean and with quick access to metro that can take you in 10 min to down town.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

Reception staff did not speak English although a sign above their head said "we speak english". On arrival the old man seemed quite miserable. The next morning an even older man spoke zero English. Luckily my son can speak French!

Excellent location. We arrived v early so they agreed to store our bags until we could check in during the afternoon, so wandered around the square just around the corner which was beautiful. Supermarket almost next door.

Stayed in May 2016

Noisy

Local community area

Staff and bathrooms

The place is nice and in good location, the only problem I had with the hotel is that no refrigerator in the room and no hot water boiler

Breakfast was poor in quality .Small room

Near to metro Jourdian station, and different cafes and restsurants . Good free Wi Fi , kind staff

Location is great, near the metro. The room was so small though.

Room is quite small Soundproof wall isn't that great

Great location! Comfy beds Toilet is clean

I wouldn't recommend that place, the staff is awful and not concern at all about there client.

Dirty bathroom.

Very close to metro station, good localization, bathroom dirty.

The cleanness of the bed, floor, etc.

The location Vs the cost.

Flooring broken I'm bedroom. Shower bit mildew.

Close to metro restaurants shops

We can hear the voices in the other room they’re talking so loud.

Bed not comfortable at all. Very small room

Calm district

Small room

Dirty room

Real good spot, near subway and markets

Broken sink. Shower cabin fall down on me.

Location is good, near to markets and tram station.

No safe , poor breakfast

Good size room

Cheap Hotel

Very small room.

Matelas inconfortable Mattress no confortable

Clean Propre

The wardrobe had a broken latch. The room could have been better.

The location and the fast service justified the cost for the hotel.

no refrigerator. Small room.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, in spite of our minimal French.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Tiny room and poor quality toilet

Cheap

Bed, shower, staff

The roomkey system is not very safe. You just need to name your roomnumber and you'll get your key.

24/7 service

Decent spot.

The staff, in the information The guy is not nice, he doesn't know how to smile to customer

The ambience

The staff weren't friendly, didn't speak French or proper English so the communication was poor.

Good location and relatively inexpensive

There was a shower in the room, the bed was comfortable and the window had a nice balcony.

the bed was not comfortable The staff was cold

Clean room

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Avoid this! Not a good hotel.

Refresh everything

Ok for 1 night alone as place to sleep only

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

I was a little bit dirty

you get what you pay for not the best but okay

Too little for couples