Reviews of Hotel Korner Montparnasse 2 stars

54, Rue Falguière, 15th arr., 75015 Paris, France

#331 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

We liked the friendly welcome and staff and the slightly...

Nothing to dislike.

We liked the friendly welcome and staff and the slightly 'querky' nature of the hotel and its proximity to the Gare Montparnasse.

Recommended 👍

Shampoo / Shower gel was missing. I think this is quite fundamental for a hotel.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The reception team (Floriane, Amaury, Vincent, Marion and Mustafa) was friendly and helpful.

Would come again

- room was really very small with toilet behind my bed but considering the price and time of year it was acceptable

- very friendly staff - good location - coffee and small snacks available the whole day

Reception was open to receive us coming in at 11pm.
    • Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

Hotel has very small spaces. Rooms had very little space for guests with luggage . Bathroom, specially shower stall, was very tight - seemed like only one square meter in area. We had a problem with the billing of portable wifi that was supposed to be included with free room amenities as written on our confirmation print-out. (Note: always print-out confirmation upon booking). Problem was settled after much debate which caused us delays in check-out and, consequently, our travel schedule.

Reception was open to receive us coming in at 11pm. Rooms & toilet were superficially clean. Beds were comfortable with clean linens. Nice grocery/supermarket and shops nearby. Close to Pasteur subway station. Safe area.

Perfect for travel from Gare Montparnasse

There was a mix up in our communication regarding being picked up at the airport, we ended up taking the bus from the airport to the area. The street is beautiful but noisy.

The location of the hotel was perfect for being close to Gare Montparnasse. We were close enough to walk to the Eiffel Tower and Norte Dame. The windows opened onto a beautiful tree lined street.

Good location.

Room was airless; with window open all the street noise came in.

Good location. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Outside terrace and open kitchen were nice additions.

Super friendly staff, always smiling and going the extra...

Super friendly staff, always smiling and going the extra mile to help. Nice room, and cute lobby. I would definitely go back. Highly recommended

Good breakfast, friendly staff.

Rooms are very small. Hotel WifI works only downstairs. Hot water is scaldingly hot and shower mixer is not thermostatic. This is a bit hazardous. There is no bar.

Good breakfast, friendly staff.

Clean good value comfortable.

See above

Clean good value comfortable. Very friendly and helpful staff. Bathroom far too small and did not like the “plastic” under sheets- very unpleasant and uncomfortable

Lovely stay for me location is good, 3mins walk to metro, 5mins walk to TGV train.

I felt cold I was thinking they don’t have heater but I did found a heater control but when I turn it on I found out it is the fan on the toilet. But everything else is good.

Location is good, and the stuff they are so friendly and helpful especially Yuri, which is the best thing for me and they speak English.

Location was very good for the purpose of my trip.

room size was very very small. never has seen such a small room. the toilet was also very small and the WC was situated very badly, and for big/tall people this was very inconvenient

Location was very good for the purpose of my trip. staff of the hotel was also good and helping.

The staff very nice, the breakfast good.

The room and the bathroom were too small.

The staff very nice, the breakfast good. Everyday when we arrived they always offered us a tea , a coffe, a juice. No noise.

It was ok for a short budiness trip but for holidays I would recommend something more fun.

too small rooms with claustrophobic; feeling; open free wifi let viruses on my computer, staff is very kind but the whole is very unpersonal

clean room, good breakfast

Friendly hotel convenient to Pasteur Metro, small rooms with limited space

Admittedly, my review is spoiled by a bad experience. Not a fault of the hotel staff however. I was traveling with my wife and my child. On my first night at about 2am, we all were awaken by the noise coming from the room next to ours. The neighbors were having sex, very loud one. After about 15 minutes, it turned to loud screams. With few minutes pauses and then again for about 1 hour. We also had the unpleasant noise of the toilet flushing and the countless showers. I reported to the reception in the morning and they asked why I did not call them. Well, I never imaged it could have lasted so long and, the phone in my room does not tell me which number to call reception. In conclusion, you will have a quite stay if people next door will be polite. Walls seems quite thin. My room was very small: 3,5 by 3,0mt maximum. The bed is very short too. No cabinet with door for your clothes. Just an open hanger. During my stay, the lift did not work. I was on the 3rd floor.

Very friendly and helpful staff convenient to Pasteur Metro station, 150mt.

Near to the location of the meeting

The first proposed room was not to my convenience. Fortunately I received another one. Third floor The lift was out of service The breakfast poor

Near to the location of the meeting

good

clean the bathroom better

the location was perfect to reach the trade fairs and metro, very good place to move around and feel secure on the street, very very nice and helpful staff speaking many languages

Located not so far from the Montparnasse train station.

A bit small, without a separate bathroom - everything is in the same room. I was there in October, and it was relatively cold in the room.

Located not so far from the Montparnasse train station. Very clean. Very friendly staff. I stayed there only one night as a transfer stop (came late in the evening by one train, went early in the morning by another train), and it was perfect for that.

hotel expression

Small room and beds for Family were not good. Children should be careful of edge Frame of bed.(not spacious for Walking indoors) We Smelled some ..in room. i am not sure this is orginal one in Paris... A front woman had booked expensive tickets, even 1st sunday of the month but we could cancel them again by the help of hotel. we hope they said the tickets System honestly.

accessibility to travel somewhere was great I guess Korner means Corner of street... Kind and proactive persons in front desk.

Very good value for money.

They could have an extra ironing board.

Super nice staff, breakfast stands out. As far as the price for Paris downtown, this was a really great experience. Highly recommended.

It was okay. We stay out late and get back at night.

Breakfast, better cleaning of bathroom.

If you decide to have breakfast , you pay 9 euros per person a day. No eggs, just jam, bread, tea, coffee, juices, Not a good choice for breakfast. We were very disappointed.

Would definitely recommend!

Small rooms, but I'm guessing that's common for the city!

Super friendly and helpful staff, who couldn't do enough to help. Excellent location and fantastic value for money. Breakfast was good value for Paris. Thank you all, especially Marion!

Comfortable beds.

We got 2 rooms, both very bright and clean. They serve Nespressos and good pastries through the day. Elevator. Walking distance to Gare de Montparnasse.

Friendly, clean hotel, with small rooms close to Montparnasse and restaurants

The rooms and particularly the bathrooms were very snall. The eating area was also small but was compensated for by being "twee". We had the impression that they had done a lot in very limited space.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They listened to our concerns and seemed to care. Two examples: 1. part of our luggage had been lost by our airline and they helped us call the airline to resolve the problem; 2. our daughter mentioned (in passing) that she liked the architecture in the area and the next day the recptionist handed her a relevant article she had looked for on the internet and printed out. The rooms and all facilities were very clean.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Fine for an overnight near Gare Montparnasse.

Our room was rather cramped and very limited clothes storage space. Lift not working but staff did help with luggage.

Fairly well situated for Gare Montparnasse. Nice open air terrace if staying more than overnight. Bed comfortable and adequate bathroom facilities.

Best value for money I've ever seen in Paris

The room was somewhat small, but with a balcony - so that's just fair, I'd say.

Over the last 15 years I had suffered many bad hotels in Paris and thus was really surprised about the friendly service (already days before the arrival), the excellent breakfast (homemade jam..), the cleanliness of the place and the overall comfort.

Cute, good-value hotel behind Montparnasse station. Streetside room have air conditioning.

Air-conditioning was ineffective and noisy. Only the street-side rooms have air-conditioning but the air coming out was not cold at any setting of the thermostat. I opened the window at night for cool air but street noise also entered. Towels were spartan but as expected in a budget hotel.

Friendly staff. Quiet room. Firm bed. Indoor terrace. Good continental breakfast. Reasonable price.

When you go to Paris do not look anywhere else book the Corner Hotel,very good value for money

we had fantastic time in Paris,hard to find minuses

professional and very kind staff,very clean room and bathroom,good location easy metro connection .

This was my second stay I would stay for a third time.

Wifi was erratic and often too slow. Lift was out of service during two days of our four day stay.

Very good price for what they offer. Clean and decent sized rooms (size is for Paris standards), breakfast is bargain for 9€ per person. Good location.

Friendly, homely feeling for a central hotel!

The hotel is located near a metro station , very convenient to travel from there to other destinations in Paris. it is very central and yet very quiet. Their double glazing system is amazing. the rooms are very clean, nicely decorated. The bathroom perfect. What I love as well is that they have a little kitchen place where you can have breakfast, it is very convivial, informal and yet nicely done. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. A bonus is their terrasse on the third floor, very quiet to sit down and rest after sightseeing! A really great address, to feel at home in central Paris!!

Great location, staff, breakfast.

My room did not have a.c. and it was +30 degrees. There was a fan but it was still a bit warm for my comfort.

Great location, staff, breakfast. Room was small but serviceable. Clean hotel.

The staff is amazing and very helpful.

The room is tiny... the safe didn't work in the first room directly and in the second room the safe didn't work at all and they couldn't replace it. The AC was weak and the breakfast wasn't that rich at all. The lobby is small.

The staff is amazing and very helpful. They tried their best to handle all issues. The location is 10 min walking from Montparnasse station

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

A lovely place to feel at home in Paris

No wifi available in th room due to technical issues during our stay. Staff said it would be fixed and I trust it will.

Amazing and helpful staff. Clean hotel with Nice Decor and excelent location near Pasteur metro station. Breakfast room was cosy and fun.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Good hotel x a good price

That I didn't had more time to stayed another week at this hotel(loved everything)

I loved the staff (very friendly and helpful) Location was excellent Enjoyed and appreciated the quietness and privacy hotel

Great little find in Paris

Staff were excellent... helpful and friendly Tea, coffees freely available Very nice terrace to enjoy outside Very close to Pasteur metro and Montparnasse station...

C'est magnifique hotel!!!!

I liked everything.

The staff were exceptionally helpful. The room was clean. The breakfast was sufficient. The location for 6 metro was very convenient for the trip to the Arc de Triomphe or Eiffel Tower. Did I say that the staff were exceptionally helpful, even with my very bad French!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Staff very helpful.

Double room very small for 2 people. Minor plumbing problem - toilet kept running and needed supplementary tweak to get it to stop. Wifi slow.

Staff very helpful. Breakfast very nice - like home. Location excellent

Happy hotel

No coffee machine in the room - but the fact that we could get coffee downstairs whenever we wanted made up for that.

Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff. Apreciated the free drinks - we could just get drinks whenever thirsty. The hotel is perfectly located and has a good bakery down the street. My daughters (9 years old) loved the hotel too.

Great value

Minibar would have been nice.

Good Value for Paris! Rooms very clean and decent size. Staff very friendly, good language skills. Good WIFI. Close to metro.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great location, comfy beds, and great staff

We had trouble with the wifi in our room number 7. There were 4 different wifi connections to choose from and each one was weak and would often kick us out after a few minutes. Very frustrating.

Each of the staff we met were so very friendly and helpful and spoke english very well. Beds were solid and comfortable.

Comfortable stay, and friendly staff

Wireless Network. The Wi-Fi network router on our floor kept troubling every now and then. But it is something easy to deal with, by just asking the receptionist to turn it off and then on. The showers were also a bit small in space.

The location. This hotel is within walking distance from Montparnasse tower, Gare Montparnasse stop for Bus/Metro/RER trains. It is also close by to the Pasteur Metro stop. You can reach to all major touristic points in and around Paris, from here, with no or just a single change in public transportation. The bed was comfy, and eased us into a very deep relaxing sleep. The Hotel Staff are some of friendliest people I've met. They helped me with all my requirements. They are young, energetic and lively, who warm up your day with their pleasant greetings and smiles. Do reach out to them for any assistance with your travel or anything else, and they will definitely help you out. They even had a Easter egg hunt for kids staying there.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Friendly staff, comfortable room, good facilities and good location

Very friendly and helpful staff and great facilities at a good price. Especially liked the outside terrace and the 'help yourself' kitchen. Good location for the metro and the Eiffel Tower. Good restaurants within walking distance. Overall a very good place to stay.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Cozy room in a nice area of Paris

The room was really small. So it's not the best place for people who plan to spend a lot of time in hotel. But hey, why even go to Paris to stay in the room?

The staff was super friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room was clean, beautiful and quiet. The hotel is located in a nice district with Eiffel Tower and other places of interest within walking distance. Subway station is literally right outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Comfortable room in Montparnasse neighborhood

Perhaps the bathroom is too small but every other thing is so good

They were so kind. Excellent location, near the tube and the train station. Very good comunication with the airport by bus (direct to Orly from Gare Montparnasse). Very good breakfast. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Some staff are very friendly.

The room too small,you couldn't even open your luggage,but this isn't worst thing,When it raining, you want to borrow an umbrella to the store nearby,A guy arrogant to told you that it is not free, you need to pay! This is first one when you have been to every country in Europe .

Some staff are very friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Convenient budget accommodation with friendly staff

There was only one power plug for the family-sized room, and no mirror in this room. The bathroom had no power plug, which made hair drying tricky. Complementary water bottles for the room would be a good addition as there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

We received helpful information about how to find the hotel prior to arrival. The hotel is within walking distance of Gare Montparnasse, but is surprisingly quiet. The staff were friendly and multi-lingual. We were able to arrange a fixed price taxi to take us to the airport for an early morning start. There are a range of good restaurants nearby. Our room was clean and tidy and we were offered a free coffee when we arrived.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Was OK overall

Was expecting the rooms to be biggethe but I understand that it is all about business and making money.

Staff very helpful and quick in dealing with our needs.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

2 days in Paris with friends

- room was a bit small for 3 people

- very kind staff - possibility to make yourself a tea in the evening - elevator - close location to Montparnasse Station - good noise isolation from the street

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Weekend in Paris

Really nothing.

The girls of reception are very friendly and really really nice and kind. At my arrive they offer me a free hot drink, because i live in a hot place all the year and i'm no longer accustomed to the cold of the winter. The position of the hotel, 200mt (or less) from the Pasteur Underground and 5 minutes walking from Montparnasse, and it is already on the metro line to the main places of interest without having to change. The hotel is modern and quiet, with a beautiful grey parquet. The roof is so beautiful, also during the winter. Fast check-in and check-out.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

A surprisingly good experience in the heart of Paris.

Can't think of anything for this price range in Paris.

A staff that's friendly as I very rarely found around the globe - specially for Paris - excellent sound insulation in my room (beside an avenue, but very barely noticeable), good breakfast, 24h reception, very close to a major train station (Gare de Montparnasse) and metro (Pasteur), relatively short walk (~2km) to the Eiffel Tower.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Our stay at Hotel Korner Montparnasse is perfect. It feels like home!

The staff were so kind, very helpful and friendly. All four employees we met were so nice to us. They are the nicest people we meet in Paris. The hotel is very clean and accessible to transport. Value for money is perfect!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Small room, but clean and however comfortable.

Wifi is not always working. Nothing else.

Small room, but clean and however comfortable. Bathroom was nice. Breakfast was interesting. Position is good since near the metro station, even if the surroinding area is nice but without a lot of interesting places: to go wherever you better take the metro.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

this hotel located near pasteur subway and halal restaurant. the price is good

add fish for the breakfast, so the moslems can eat not only the vegetarian food. the hotel is not easy to find

The location near halal restaurant. so it is easy for moslems to eat

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Great hotel but do check out the accessibility of the bathroom

Bathroom tiny: I'm 6,2" and the loo was virtually unusable for anyone of my size. Otherwise a great little hotel for people who are greatly smaller than me

Great staff; super breakfast; and lovely clean, simple modern styling

cozy & comfortable

The location was a little bit far from the touristic places, though there was a metro station 200 m from the hotel. There arent as many restaurants nearby as I would have wanted .

The room was modern, comfortable and illuminated as well as the hotel. The terrace was an extra feature and it was pretty cool.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

We are allowed do the early check in.

We are allowed do the early check in. Very good staff. Person at the reception in the night was very good and helped us to carry our heavy luggage to taxi at 4.00 am Location is good

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Nice hotel with amazing staff

The staff is the better part of the hotel: friendly and helpful. The room is ok, simple but good. The terrace is good to spend some time drinking wine.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The staff is friendly and very helpful, The place is clean...

The room was too small to have a double bed or for a couple to stay in. I felt it is too small for me although I stayed in the room alone and could hardly move around the big bed. A small single bed would have made my experience better.

The staff is friendly and very helpful, The place is clean and well organized. It is close to the train station and Subway station. There is a big supermarket near to it from where you can buy whatever you need.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Pleasant and good value for money

The layout of the bathroom was interesting, but given the room dimensions,it was the only feasible option

Conveniently located near Montparnasse mainline station. The room was bright and clean, and we had no issues with wifi. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Excellent location and great value for the money!

Excellent location. Small, but very clean and comfortable room. Clean, modern bathroom. Charming decor throughout. Wifi worked well. Small TV, but we weren't there for TV. Breakfast included. The breakfast was self-service. There was a small elevator, so we did not have to carry suitcases up the stairs. Very friendly staff. We will definitely stay here next time we are in Paris.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Hotel Korner good value for money

The friendly reception staff went out of their way to assist us in every way. The breakfast was terrific and the room was smallish but clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will return when I'm next in Paris.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Third visit disappointing

We were put in a very small dark room at back of the property - only just fitted in the bathroom! Bed was small and pushed against the wall so one person had to climb over the other to get out of bed!

Our 3rd stay here because of location to station. Breakfast excellent as usual.

Affordable hotel in great location. Not much more, though.

Ants! No air conditioning.

it was ok but if the room with air-condition will be much better
    • Two Adjacent Rooms (5 Adults)

the room is very small, and no A?C

location is good near by to the train station , and easy access

없다

Room too small

Very Clean

Good location.

Rooms are a bit small.

Good location. Very clean. Very friendly staff. Great terrace.

Cute and clean hotel, close to center of Paris.

Cute and clean hotel, close to center of Paris. Considering the price, we were very happy with the hotel, including the very helpful staff.

Ok but overpriced

Overpriced compared to similar hotels, overused towels, shower hose holder needs to be fixed

Not far from train station

Nice!

Super close to metro but also very walkable to Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower. Lovely staff.

Great location - very close to the underground station and...

Great location - very close to the underground station and Montparnasse train station. Staff was super friendly and helpful

Room is clean and comfort, but a bit too small.

Room is a bit too small.

Room is clean and comfort, but a bit too small. Staff are so very nice and very helpful.

Budget hotel

The WC is not clean

Next to montpernees train station, next to Eiffel tower.

Clean & the staff were very friendly.

Room was a bit small.

Clean & the staff were very friendly. Martin was very helpful and couldn’t help us enough.

Very friendly receptionist.

The noise of passing police car sirens.

Very friendly receptionist.