Reviews of Eiffel Villa Garibaldi 3 stars

48, Boulevard Garibaldi, 15th arr., 75015 Paris, France

#1340 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

very bad experience, and will suggest my friends not staying with this hotel.

tons of bugs at bed, which made me itching all over my skin. I made a complain to the reception desk. The lady said: "You are not staying in a 4 or 5 star hotel, it is common to have bugs in a 3 star hotel."

Could be better!

The bathroom was tiny and with terrible smell, I could barly fit in the shower, there was no minibar, the breakfast was very poor, we could not check in when we arrived but had to wait for 6 hours...

The bed was fine..

Works for 1 or 2 nights stay

Room was very very small n there was no AC. Since we stayed there in June, it was very hot n we couldn't sleep properly. Too pricey for the size of the room.

Very close to Eiffel tower (walkable) n many restaurants in the area. They also serve good breakfast.

The stay was overall good.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

The room and bathroom are smaller than expected. The elevator is small and cannot accommodate a big buggy or perambulator. There is no room service.

The location of the hotel is convenient to go to Eiffel tower. Metro station is very close. The staff is extra friendly and can speak French, English and German. Breakfast is good and they don't charge anything for children.

Very nice hotel at a beautiful part of the city, with amazing staff.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

The cleaning of the room was very poor. We found hair all over the beds, the shink, and the shower.

The location of the hotel, the friendly staff, especially the lady at the reception, i think her name was Gina or Jina, and the beautiful bar.

Location perfect, good place if you JUST need a bed , still expensive for what you receive

I didn't like the fact that the receptionist didn't speak good English and was rather incompetent, not being able to provide basic information. She wasn't willing to accept our tax payment by card. Generally she wasn't very friendly.

The breakfast was very basic which is fine but the cups were not very clean, the floor in the breakfast area was filthy and sticky, the area was not air conditioned, no windows were open and on a 25 degrees morning, the stuffiness and not very nice smell were unbearable . The bed was great and the view from our room perfect but the room was not clean, i.e. cobwebs on the walls and in the corners, smell of cigarettes lingering in the room and we found some hair on the freshly folded towels. Shower good but mould in the bathroom.

The location is adjacent to the UNESCO Annex and central to...

The location is adjacent to the UNESCO Annex and central to many attractions without being in a busy tourist zone. Easy walk to dozens of restaurants,cafes, and shopping with immediate access to metro lines. The wine and cheese in the evenings was a real delight. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Hotel being renovate, plastic, painters and paint in the...

Hotel being renovate, plastic, painters and paint in the dining room. Dining room freezing, no heating on there, nor in my room when I arrived late on a very cold evening. Breakfast had nothing fresh to eat, plastic cheese. Bed was like a hammock.

For less budget and people whoe need to sleep only in hotel. The hotel is recomended

The washroom / toilet was too small. I booked for a double bed but got 4 single beds in the room. There was no carpet in the room. I didn't find it value for money.

The best part was hotel is hardly 5 minutes walk from the metro station. I Booked it on very last minute. It was decent price considering my budget. The room cleanliness was great. The staff was OK.

Rooms like a box .shower u can’t stands in ... This hotel I booked by booking.com There are room coming up around £ 74 pound Ones I get in hotel reception lady asked me to pay €88euro this unbelievable she refused to taking a payment in pounds

Close to metro line.

Staff were not very helpful. Had a blocked sink that wasn't fixed till day after. 12€ for a pot tea rip off

Close to metro line... and eiffle tower.

no no no!!!
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Always take care of your belongings even in the hotel room and always count them when you come back from outside. like outside someone can steal it from your room also. Everything was fine till last day. some things i felt were not good but i thought may be Europe is like that. we had 2 pair of shoes with us for our 5 year old son because of snow and rain we kept extra pair. one was Adidas, waterproof unworn brand-new, was in our bag. first day when we came back from outside everything was ok. second day when we came back from out side we realized some one opened our bags. immediately we checked our documents and money, money i felt was not in the same place where i kept it but nobody took money. we didn't realize shoes are missing and thought they are still in our bags and checked out from the room and asked the office lady to keep the bags in the hotel and will pick up bags later. we came back in the evening to pickup our bags so thought to check our bags one more time. that time we realized my son's shoes are not in the bag. then we realized we din't see the shoes from last evening and now they r not in the bag. it should be in the bag or in the room. we asked them can we check room may be we forgot in room as we have checked the room before checking out but lets check it again. the guy on the duty said i'll go and check. he went up thorough stairs & my husband went through lift on 4th floor. my husband waited for him their and he came back in 5 minutes and said he didn't found anything. my husband called me he is waiting for the guy on 4th floor, i told he came down & didn't found anything. my husband came down & asked him you came very fast i was waiting for you on 4th floor near lift. he said i went in room 32 on third floor. we asked him why you went in room 32 when we told you to go in room 42. even my husband asked him to 2 times which your r going and he said 42 and after that he went to room 32.

only Location and the cleanness in the room was ok nothing else. Eiffel tower is 2-3 stops from metro not few steps walk.

i visited on february and it was snowy!
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

there's no a water boiler in the room, but its okay.

i visited on february and it was snowy! the room was heated perfectly. everyday they clean my room and they offer a happy hour for a cheese and wine taste at night! for you who want to stay for a saving trip, try this city hotel. overall fo me, IT WAS GREAT

Lovely break, will stay here again
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The hotel is in a great location and is very good value for money for one so close to the Eiffel Tower. It's got character and the staff were all really friendly and helpful.

A bit pricey but good enough

The bed was uncomfortable and shower is too small.

Very close to metro stations and Eiffel tower. Our room was on the 6th floor and fortunately, there was an elevator.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Friendly staff, nice facilities.

The bathroom was recently renovated and had all you can need but there was some mold issues already :(

Friendly staff, nice facilities. I especially appreciated the large bedroom and queen bed.

Clean hotel. Perfect 3 star. Loved the wine and cheese. Very French. Lovely staff.

Music came on at 6.30 outside my room in the hall and very loud. I had to go to lobby to ask for it to turn off. 2nd morning a person in room near my room opened his door loudly 8 times and made a very loud noise from his shoes. Woke me again. Maybe put carpet on hall floor?

The happy hour of wine. Staff very helpful. Used very good English

close to centre and subway

breakfast too little for that price and I was surprised that it was not included. Can be kept as it is if it will be offered complementary

close to centre and subway no nonsense hotel; friendly receptionist

Great hotel with the great location!
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Hotel has a great location! It could not be better, Eiffel Tower just around the corner, 2 metro lines just a few steps from the hotel. Receptionist was very friendly. We also like the wine and cheese tasting for free between 19:00 and 20:00. Hotel room was ok and cleaned every day. Nice hotel with the great location, really recommended!

Comfortable and practical
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Nothing really , maybe the breakfast could have had more variety

I liked the staff , very polite and very clear with good English communication skills , room is clean , breakfast is good , for the price you are getting a bargain with a room that is clean and well sized

I never stay at this hotel again.

The room we were accommodated had mold, horrible breakfast with no food options, at the time of booking was saying that breakfast was included and to our surprise when we were doing the chekout they charged us the very poor breakfast and worse expensive.

Location only.

Lovely, clean place, recommended for a short stay.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

The room/bathroom was really small (room w/3 beds). We were having one medium suitcase each and it was difficult to move around in the room.

Staff helpful and super nice, good location, really clean, quiet room. We've got free wine and cheese testing as well. Very good location for sightseeing.

Overall, the hotel is a wonderful place to stay with its perfect location and it is close to TSs
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

The room was very small than I expected for three persons to fit.

I like the staff at the hotel. the receptionists were amazing, especially one I remember his name was Molod :)

NOT deserve a 3-star hotel !
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

the bathroom is a disaster, less than 1 by 1 meter area for shower area !!! the street near the hotel is busy and noisy even until midnight the facilities are not satisfactory as a 3-star hotel should enjoy

the lobby has a nice bar with free drink (wine) at evinings for a couple of hours the staff are friendly the public transport is close to the hotel

Great budget hotel. With a few small improvements I would happily stay there again.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

We booked a triple single room. The room was far too small for 3 beds. Bathroom is in dire need of refurbishment. But was very clean. Bedroom walls needn't dusting.

Great location. Very clean floor, sheets etc.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Great location & Friendly staff
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The room was quite small for 2 adults and 1 10-year-old child. No air conditioner in rooms.

The staff was very friendly. They serve wine and cheese from 19:00 till 20:30 as free of charge in air conditioned lobi. Location was great...

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Will not come back in this hotel... with bad experience. Please read my comment above

When we enter our room, the room is so smelly like a stinky shoes and there is no AC, a very small desk fan! Since it is very small room where will you put the fan! The toilet is so tiny! That they are not even provide you an extra blanket or change the beddings eventhough you told them that your bedding is filthy with stain, that it is the reason why the room is so smelly like a poops 😏, the reception guy said they do not have replacement or have an extra beddings to give! Oh my!

Nothing at all... When we arrived on our first day checking in, the reception lady grumpy is not accommodating, not helpful at all. The location is 4blocks away from the center.

I will never recommend this property... poor service

Service. When we arrived the reception lady is not helpful.. the room is so smelly.. very small, even the toilet. I requested for another blanket or replace the one i have because there is a stain that is so smelly like pooh but they said they do not have an extra beddings.. so bad service.

Nothing at all... so disappointed

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The staff was very friendly.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

The staff was very friendly. We reached almost 3 hours before the check-in time and they arranged the room for us anyway without any extra cost. Location is really good,I spent a lot of time walking and exploring the neighborhood.

Good location however the hotel has too small rooms with a very tired decoration.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The size of the room, decoration is too old.

The room was super small. I made a mistake in the booking as we were 4 people in a 3 bed room but honestly it was tiny no space even to open the suitcase.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

just convenient, not more

personeel not very professional. Not aware of the reservation conditions. I was asked to pay for the breakfast several times when it was included in the reservation (they wouldn't believe it). The room was smelling a bit to tobacco, they removed the handles so I was unable to open the window to let it breathe.

wi-fi. If you travel for business you really need a working wi-fi. Unlike other hotels in the area it was really working: available and fast

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

friendly staff, good location to UNESCO building

rooms are small and have thin walls, but that's standard in Paris

friendly staff, good location to UNESCO building special free offer of wine and cheese in the evening!

Good location but not clean.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Hotel room is not clean, very dusty. Cleaning staff didn't do a good job. Shower head was broken - we couldn't take (hot) showers.

The location was perfect.

good price and location

the room on the side near the railway is fairly noisy.

good location, walking distance to metro and scenic spots. the room is fairly clean and the receptionist is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

1 night business trip

Bathroom was tiny and water pressure and temperature of the shower on the weak side

It is rare to encounter such friendly staff in Paris! Location was great too. You can find everything around.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

I am sorry to say i would not stay at this hotel again, very dissapointed.

I didn't find the staff helpful or friendly apart from the gentleman who booked us in. Every day and evening there was someone different. Tried to let them know about the shower not working properly but didn't seem interested. Checking out was awful, lady on the desk just asked if we had breakfast I said no, she walked away to talk to another lady they then just spoke in French discussing my bill I got the impression she didn't believe me. Just handed the bill to me didn't even try to converse not a thank you or goodbye.

The location was very good not far from the Eiffel tower and close to the metro.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Great good I am happy

I love to have more TV Chanel

It's a great hotel not far from my work and I feel really at home every thing is going well I am sure I will keep staying with them

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Cosy ambiance

Wifi only in the foaje, not in the rooms.

I liked the big and spacious room. No fridge and no Wifi in the room but lots of space, a big bed and a french balcony. I felt at home. The hotel offered some cheese and wine in the evenings. Cosy!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

We received a nice welcome from the very beginning we walk...
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

We received a nice welcome from the very beginning we walk in the door from the Lady at the Reception. The Lady explain everything very well and clerly. The Hotel was near the Eiffel Tower and is right next to the Metro station. We definitely enjoy our stay, looking foward to come back!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

UNESCO guests are very welcome

Availability water boiler for tea and coffee would be great. No CCTV for security and safety reason around Hotel. Need more choice of breakfast please.

Staffs are friendly and professional. Great location to UNESCO office. Free cheese and wine in the evening.

Tip: AVOID as much as possible

- the room was very dirty - walls so thin so that you can clearly hear everything that the next room people were talking or doing - people next door were dragging their chairs around the room at 1:00 am, which made the sleep impossible - TV had no remote control and even if asked for it did not get one - the card to open the room's door was never working, the staff had to help or you had to try many many times - toilet paper was to thin that you could see through it - you could see all the rusty pipes in the bathroom - the bathroom shower was dirty, tiles looked like they were not washed for a long time and their innerspaces had traces of mould - much too expensive for anything they offered

Staff was polite.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Good location, could use some updates

The room was much smaller than expected. Some maintenance could go a long way. There was clearly water damage in the ceiling and wall of our room that wasn't repaired. The room smelled of cigarette smoke when we first arrived.

Great location, good price.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Expensive in terms of value for money

Wifi connection was not stable and in case of work that was a huge disadvantage. Extremely small rooms but this is common in a lot of parisian hotels.

Lovely staff and great location.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Felt at home

Reception from first night was unproffessional but it was covered up by Jack friendly chat. More relax in the job.

Room comfi and wifi serves me well. Maria was more warm n helpful guiding me for my tour.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Was fair!

No comfort No lock on the Bathroom doors No proper lock on the Room doors Bathroom was too small and bit smelly

Staff was ok. Location is pretty good.. Easy to commute

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Cheaters
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Every thing about Hotel ..I won't do again this mistake ..Hotel promised AC but it's warm there is no AC .. Not even good fans ! and room is cvvvvv small how come 2 adults one child can walk ..it's box room ..price charged 3 star hotel ..it's 1 star !! Bye bye I never see again !!

Near by eiffel tower

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Not the Cheapest. NO Air Conditioned. Not a good value for the money.

No A/C. Paris was 92 degrees fahrenheit and it was quite uncomfortable to sleep at night. The room is very very small. Sheets and towels were not replaced. Old toilet seat, poorly upkeeping of areas.

The hotel is manned by one employee that is located between the bar and the elevator. This person is pretty much a do it all person. That's not a negative as sometimes employees tend to "pass the bucket" and not resolve issues. In this case. they weren't able to correct the NO A/C issue, but at least they game me a small, dirty and noisy fan.

Good location & friendly staff

Lack of equipment (I;e kettle, ), the bed sheet is a little bit dusty but the bathroom is clean enough

The location was great, staff was helpful

We really enjoyed the breakfast. Staff was nice and it was next to the Metro line 6.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The extra bed they put in for my son was pretty flimsy. The slats came off when he turned over. (He is 15 and kind of a big kid.)

The rooms are very compact. It's not a air conditioned hotel and the table fans available are slow.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

The rooms were too small. The hotel didn't have table fan in the room.

nice staff
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

No Parking, Very old Fan, no water bottles in room, no Tea or coffee facilities in room, Bathroom too small, very functional hotel

nice staff

Ok for 1 night, quite small & a little out of the way
    • Quadruple Room

Location, bathroom. Shower awful

Beds ok, bathroom average, location a little out of the way

everything is exellent

Everything was ok

everything is exellent

Terible

The bill was deducted two times from my debit card. I am happy with this. I hope it will be returned.

just the location.

Good experience overall.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Bathroom shower way to small. Elevator is small.

Great location!! Be sure to eat at restaurant Basille! Good food!!

A quiet but expensive place in relation to comfort

Poor breakfast and lack of heating in the bathroom,

Despite the location on the main street it was quiet

Amazing could see the eiffle tower from the room

Breakfast options

How close it was to the Eiffel Tower

Good and bad

The toilet and shower is right opposite a window where public can see you !!

good location

bathroom is too small

very friendly and helpful staff

Really good location!

Really good location!!

Weekend in Paris
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Room too small. In photos room seemed to be more comfortable and larger

Perfect location and good breakfast

Overall, really enjoyed the stay. Would stay here again.

Bathroom could be a little cleaner (shower).

Close to public transport and eiffel tower.

Size of the rooms - small..

Close to public transport and eiffel tower.

A memorable stay

Wish they would have provided coffe/ Tea bags along with Electrical Kettle

The staff were very friendly and cooperative

Wifi not working, poor breakfast

Wifi never work in room, it only work on lobby area. Small choice for breakfast.

Great location near train station.

Free cheese and wine everyday from 7:30pm to 9pm.

Free cheese and wine everyday from 7:30pm to 9pm. The place is really clean

Staff was extra friendly.

Staff was extra friendly.

Only location

When will return my money for an advance payment? Not to contact the management in any way. Passed more than 2 weeks !!!!!

Only location

Nice and comfortable
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

Saddest dinner I've seen for a while - don't pay the...

Saddest dinner I've seen for a while - don't pay the 13 Euros, better get the bakery around the corner...!

It's was good hotel value for money and it's near to...

It's was good hotel value for money and it's near to metro station

The price was good.

How small the rooms were.

The price was good.

Nice hotel

too small room, no air-conditioner

Nice hotel

I m happy with my stay.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

No kettle in the room not convenient for family who have baby for making milk.

The staff are helpful and friendly.

Check the water supply before you select a room.

We had no water supply to shower. They changed the room. But again water supply stopped. Very poor WIFI signal in the rooms.