2. France hotel reviews

Reviews of Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées

52 Rue Galilée, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#84 of 1,600 hotels in Paris

9.7

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 22, 2019

Location, staff and modern style of the hotel
    • Suite

Absence of proper internet and high cost (more than it worth). Also for the amount charged, i would expect complimentary water bottles every day and not only the 1st day.

Location, staff and modern style of the hotel

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

The location was fantastic just down the street from...

The location was fantastic just down the street from Champs-Elysées and near to arch de triumph walking distance to the Seine places to eat and drink handy aswell

• Reviewed: May 10, 2019

Great stay in Paris
    • Classic Double Room

The location is nice, very near to arc de triomphe The staffs are friendly, greet you whenever they see you. I left the converter and charger in the room after I checked out, but the manager was able to help me look for it and return back to me. Overall is a great hotel

• Reviewed: May 9, 2019

We'll be back!
    • Suite

We would love larger room, who wouldn't?! Really, the size was just right for my family of four as optimized by its seemingly perfect fitting furnishings, and our two young kids loved their bunk beds.

Perfect location! Friendly helpful staff, particularly Anna who helped us a bunch! We loved it!

• Reviewed: May 7, 2019

Excellent hotel

All was good.

Great location. Staff was very good and helpful, specially Basma at the reception. The small garden terrasse upstairs very nice for smoking or just enjoying the weather and relax.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2019

Basma the receptionist was extremely polite and welcoming.
    • Classic Double Room

very compact, not much space in the room to even put your luggage.

Basma the receptionist was extremely polite and welcoming. She made sure I got the room as soon as I arrived even though that was 3 hours before checkin time. Generally, the staff is very friendly from the housekeeping to the receptionists.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2019

Hotel itself is all about design and matching detail patterns
    • Classic Double Room

Incident with alarm going off and evacuation must. I'd expect toiletries to be of higher quality. Other than that only positive recollection.

Super cheerful reception at the desk. Room despite facing the street was quiet and apt. Did not miss anything and when needing champagne glasses, hotel staff hasted to arrange. Hotel itself is all about design and matching detail patterns so was the room. Found pricing to be well balanced against location and standard.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2019

Best location ever in Paris for Champs Elysees.
    • Classic Double Room

Room too small. Smells and could be cleaner. Too expensive parking spot. Impossible to park a big car. BMW X5M was very hard to park in this garage because of the narrow spaces.

Best location ever in Paris for Champs Elysees. Great staff and helpfull. No nonsense hotel with good value for money!

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

Superb location nearly on Champs Elysees! Good value for money
    • Classic Double Room

I was told my room was over the garden but it was over the street. I was given a price in EUR but I was charged in GBP without asking me which created charges bigger than expected: the initial price of € 319 on the bill ended up as € 345 on my bank statement. Be careful at the checkout. The staff tried to solve the issue and they were genuine but hotels should not partner with fx companies like this and especially without informing the client.

Modern, clean and convenient. Location is on street perpendicular and very close to Champs Elysee. Very good value for money for such a prime location!

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

Highly recommended.
    • Suite with Terrace

Highly recommended. The hotel is located on Champs-Élysées, and only 3 minutes to l'Arc de triomphe de l'Étoile by walking. The hotel is very stylish and modern. We booked a family room for three persons, the room is on the top floor with a balcony.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: February 25, 2019

Anna was very helpful all the way.

NA

Anna was very helpful all the way. She is very clear and good at communication. My daughter liked her so much and we wanted to say thank you to her. She must be promoted to higher management. She booked excellent restaurants every evening with a great view of Paris. She also booked all the places to visit for the entire three days.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Worst hotel experience in Paris
    • Classic Double Room

Staff was very rude and lied to us. They gave us an "upgrade" room, but actually it was because the room next door was under construction, without letting us know. The first day that I reported the hammers and all the noises in the early morning, and asked for changing my room, the manager and the staff assured to me it was only for one day. The next day was the same noisy morning, even the manager was lying. As well, the aircoditioner wasnt working on nights because they turn it off to save money, even though we were complaining of the room being really cold. We asked for a blanket and they don't even had one extra blanket. The TV was not working too. The room has a coffee machine, but only for one day the coffee is for free, if you want more capsules, you have to pay. The worst was the attitude from the staff. Ana was the most rude person in the hotel. They do not respect the clients. We were supposed to stay for 4 nights, but after all the experience we had to look for another hotel. While we were complaining another client came also to the reception really angry because of the service. We noticed we weren't the first to have such problems.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

I had an upgrade and they give me a beautiful suite.

Pillows too hard and firm for me.

I had an upgrade and they give me a beautiful suite. The staff are really helpful and kind. Decoration is quite original.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

The location is perfect.
    • Classic Double Room

The housekeeper didn't put more coffee capsules so I run out from Coffee last day.

The location is perfect. Just few meters to Champs-Élysées. I enjoyed staying there. The room was clean and modern. Thanks for Ana and Basma in the reception they were working hard and helpful.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Location was epic.

Housekeeping missed lin our 2nd night. Generally occurred around 430 -5pm

Location was epic..1 min walk to champs elysees and 5 from the Arc De Triomphe

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Fantastic little hotel close to Champs Elysees and Arc de...
    • Classic Double Room

WiFi was not really functional. Water was spilling out of the shower.

Fantastic little hotel close to Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe. Very quite, despite such location. Very nice interior design generally and for the rooms particularly. Very comfortable bed. Professional and polite stuff.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

very practical location,modern look,clean rooms and friendly staff.
    • Classic Double Room

one tiny detail which is the missing glass in the shower that prevents the water to come out, the room i got before had that.

this is my second stay at the hotel, and i always loved his modern look,cool atmosphere and amazing location. what i really enjoyed this time is the lobby room that i got which is way more luxurious than the normal standard room that i booked.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Average for the price paid
    • Classic Double Room

Staff not knowing the distance and time taken to reach the airport

Staff very rigid on handling requests for some additional hours as the Chec k out time and time to go to airport was 8 hours . No showering facility to have a shower once checked out

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

I loved how clean and quiet it was the staff were friendly I...
    • Classic Double Room

I needed to leave a day early and the manager was very inflexible on changing the booking( I made the booking within 48 hrs of staying). To he honest I thought it was really expensive for what it was. They included my breakfast free which I really appreciated but I have had better at my regular 3 star hotel. I have now learned my lesson when dealing with booking . Com and hotels. I loved my stay but their inflexibility left a cloud over if I will stay there again.

I loved how clean and quiet it was the staff were friendly I was very comfortable and slept very well. The decor and general mood of the hotel was welcoming and contemporary

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

I loved this hotel, once I go back to Paris will definitely...
    • Classic Double Room

I loved this hotel, once I go back to Paris will definitely stay here again. The location was super good, it was clean, good design, and the bed was super comfortable. The staff were also very nice and helping.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

The location was amazing!
    • Classic Double Room

Everything was excellent except that I just hoped they provided complimentary water and coffee/tea in the room given the price rate they have.

The location was amazing!! It is a street away from Champs Elysees so it is very close to Arc de Triomphe and major shopping and food places. It is also close to a metro and bus station so you are conveniently connected to any place in Paris. The hotel was beautifully designed and very instagrammable and chic. We got a free room upgrade for all the 3 nights we stayed! The room and bathroom were spacious, the bed was a California King size and very comfy. We had a good rest here.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Amazing staff, Relatively large rooms for what to expect in...
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms might get a bit small if your fellow travel is not a light packer.

Amazing staff, Relatively large rooms for what to expect in a room near Champs Élysées.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

very nice and romantic holiday
    • Classic Double Room

Very nice hotel , central located , in the heart of Paris , with staff friendly , clean rooms , a romantic place !!! Certainly , I will come back !!!!!!

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

Perfect staff for couples

Nothing....Great Stay

The hotel is in a perfect spot right next to the Arch de Triumph. Right on the main. Shopping district. 4 min metro ride to the Luvee Museum. Fantastic hotel and very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. Highly recommend for couples with no children.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Great location for your Paris adventures.
    • Classic Double Room

We couldn't close the window in our room. Luckily, we weren't on ground level. Also the shower door was a little weird so we always got the bathroom floor really wet.

The location was great. Right at the Arc d' Triomphe. The staff was really friendly and gave great food recommendations.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

• Classic Double Room

Elevator wasn’t working Expensive Lightning in the room was not enough Lightning in the bathroom was too much

Location They provide a taxi to take me to the airport at time

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

We stayed for 1 night and it was an excellent experience thank you 😊
    • Classic Double Room

This hotel was excellent, clean, beautiful bed and bedding I thought it had just opened it looked so new and sparkling staff were all lovely and helpful will be back 💕🌺

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Location - few steps from camps Elysee
    • Classic Double Room

Window in my room was broken-I could not close it, but is was fixed by request Nevertheless -staff should check/fix such things before guestes ceck in

Location - few steps from camps Elysee Breakfast - simple, but very tasty Hotel is new and nice decorated Helpful staff

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Design, cleanliness, comfortable bed, friendly staff, great...

Air conditioning was centrally switched off in the whole floor, so there was no fresh air in the room. However, the receptionist was helpfull and opened the window in the room for a while to let some fresh air in.

Design, cleanliness, comfortable bed, friendly staff, great location.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Great service in every aspect!
    • Suite with Terrace

I stayed in Ekta hotel with my family. Everything was better than expected. I would like to say thank you to their staff, they were helpful and kind. The room was clean, the bathroom was super comfortable, and last but not least, the breakfast was great! Great value for money. I really recommend the hotel!

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Good and interesting hotel with great staff.
    • Suite

Certain bad smell in our room (5o1) could not be identified or did it dissappear during our stay :( was not terrible to spoil the visit, still - overall cleanliness was impecable, hence this was strange.

Location, design, price (got a value deal), cleanliness...

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Location too close , room was clean the bed is comfortable

Lift is too small, the breakfast start 6:30 but the buffet wasn't ready until 7 we waited till came the receptionist to made our coffee

Location too close , room was clean the bed is comfortable

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Never stay here
    • Classic Double Room

The staff at the property are scamsters. They are running a scam. I booked a cab from them as it was raining I was told the cab will charge 150euros to beauvais airport. When 8 sat in The cab the driver told me 100euros only hotel concierge is making a side deal. It's a common practice at this hotel chain. When I confronted I was threatened by "if you won't pay you won't leave the country". Nice experience

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Pleasantly Luxurious
    • Classic Double Room

They were VERY polite and hospitable...I requested for Judy to usher my 80 year old Mother to a nearby hotel for an event and he obliged. You are all too lovely!!

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

in general everything is ok
    • Classic Double Room

That my payment was don twice and when I called to check they said it will be released soon and its 4 days now and its still blocked

in general everything is ok

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Perfect location, very nice for a short stay

In general, rooms are rather small as well as the coridors, elevator, stariway... outdated aluminum window construction does not insulate well temperature and sound, should be improved and better maintained

Contemporary design, very relaxing environment, very good location

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Perfect location, funky interior, lovely staff, no fuss!
    • Classic Double Room

There isn’t anything I could fault

The staff were very welcoming and spoke excellent English! The room had every thing we needed from chargers to extra pillows!

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Lovely stay
    • Classic Double Room

All was great except a small issue in the room I didnt like smoking smell when returning to the room after all day out.

I like the location of the hotel, near the Champs Elysees and shoping area

• Reviewed: December 25, 2017

Great location but the service is very basic with not enough staff especially that it's not cheap
    • Suite with Terrace

Not enough staff, they only gave us water once and didn't give us coffee for the next 3 days. They didn't vacuum the room.

Location was great, the room was spacious for Paris. Christopher made all the difference!

• Reviewed: December 24, 2017

Fantastic experience
    • Classic Double Room

When in Paris, I always stay at Hotel Ekta. The position is fantastic...just few meters far from le Champs Elysée! Everything is clean. Room are equipped with a nespresso machine and with the support for ironing. What else? :)

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

Enjoyed our short stay. Will return for sure.

Lift a bit too small

Nice big bed and excellent room facilities. Very clean overall. Excellent location. One of the best locations in Paris. So close to one of the premiere attractions and very close main metro line.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2017

Great hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location. Would stay here again.
    • Classic Double Room

The only issue I had was with the window isolation. I could hear noise from the street and some cold got in. But not too serious and I was able to sleep very well.

The hotel staff are great. They want out of their way to enable me to do an early check-in and even upgraded my room. The room was very nice. Bathroom was large and beautiful. Location is perfect 2 minutes by foot from Champs-Elysees.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

LOCATION Location and Location
    • Suite with Terrace

The size of the rooms is super small but i guess this is so normal in Paris The elavator was to small

LOCATION Location and Location Comfortable beds . The modern interior design

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

Very helpful and pleasant staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Very helpful and pleasant staff. Got upgraded to a suite for no extra cost upon checking in as one just had become available. Very modern and chic hotel.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

The best hotel on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées
    • Classic Double Room

Without comments. Everything perfect.

I was in Paris with wife. The hotel is located in the heart of Paris. And the staff of the hotel is really amazing. Next time I will live there again.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

The staff is amazing!

The staff is amazing!!! We forgot our passports and didn’t realize it until we were at the airport- the staff called a taxi immediately and we got our passports before our flight took off!

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Very enjoyable, comfortable and location is perfect.

The Staff were very friendly. Told us while we were in Paris this is our home, and made it feel that way. Christopher was very helpful and knowledgable. Very modern, and the location is perfect.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Excellent by all means

nothing to mention

Situated in a quite area in the middle of the most prestigious street of Paris, the Champs Elysee (50 m walk).The hotel is newly renovated all the furniture is new, nice fitted and clean. The hotel management grant me an upgrade to a suite that was spacious comparing to other hotel rooms in Paris. I strongly recommend the hotel for leisure or business, you will be well welcomed by the staff, they are very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Friendly small hotel in the heart of Paris

The room windows face the small street and they are not sound-proofed so you hear people talking on the street and cars passing by. I slept with ear-plugs on. I looked at the plan of the hotel, and I think all the rooms have windows facing the street. This is really the only negative point I have to say. If the owners would invest in sound-proofed windows, I would give the hotel full 10 points.

Very close to the Champs Elysees and everything, metro close by, good breakfast for Paris, no noise from other rooms or corridor (here sound-proofing worked). Good bed, good bathroom, very clean. We stayed four nights.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

The hotel location is very good near the Champs Elysees,...

The room is very small.

The hotel location is very good near the Champs Elysees, room clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. there was free wifi. room was clean and the bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

All Good
    • Classic Double Room

Don't have anything to complain

Good location. Metro station couple of minutes walk to. Form airport we used RoissyBus to Opera and metro to hotel.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2017

Excellent location.
    • Suite

Excellent location. Just a few meters from Champs d'Elisees. Staff very friendly and helpful. The room was excellent, new and cosy furniture. Very nice balcony on the first floor. Defenetly will come back.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

• Classic Double Room

Mini Bar was not filled, new shower gel bottles were not added every morning, wash basin was stuck, hand soap disappeared and never replaced. No late check out was possible in spite of being a genius member.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

The staff were very helpful and friends.

The staff were very helpful and friends. Upgraded my daughter and me to a suite. Lovely lovely terrace for guests to use on the 1st floor. Free tea and coffee and cakes from 4-6pm. Nespresso machine in each room. Hotel water kettle too. Superb stay.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

We made a reservation for the trip in just one day.
    • Suite

We made a reservation for the trip in just one day. The proposed room was of a higher category for a very reasonable price. The location of the hotel is excellent. Very clean and tidy room. Particularly pleased with the friendly and proactive attitude of the staff. Parking is designed for not very large cars, but the BMW X3 fit.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

A great place to stay.
    • Classic Double Room

They ran out of bacon for breakfast!

Came here to see the final stage of the Tour de France. The location is fantastic, 100m from the Champs Elysées and a 5 min walk from the Arc de Triomphe. Staff were very friendly, kind and helpful - they even moved the roadworks barrier outside so we could park our car right outside! Upgraded for free to a suite. Beautiful modern room with two TV's with all major European TV Channels, wonderful shower, coffee machine etc etc..... We shall be back next year :)

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Extra friendly staff.
    • Suite

Small elevator and only one (when the trash was carried down before one fot on it wasn't too pleasant).

Extra friendly staff. Went out of their way to help.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

Adorable new wonderfully appointed boutique hotel.

The rooms were a little tight, but that is to be expected in a European hotel.

The decor' was fun and modern. Bathrooms clean and new. Bed was very comfortable, cotton duvet etc...

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Nice location and clean rooms
    • Suite

Elevators are too small but good functioning for paris standards.

Room layout was very innovative but also practical providing the privacy for the two separate rooms in the suite. Location was also good.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

The location is great.
    • Classic Double Room

The elevator is really small. The value for money was great for us as we had a 60%+ discount from Booking.com but the standard rates might be too pricey.

The location is great. The hotel is stylish and modern. A few minutes walking distance from major attractions. The staff was really helpful. We've been travelling with our baby and forgot to bring our travel cot. Even though it was mentioned in the hotel information that no baby cots were available, they've borrowed one from the next hotel.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

Clean, comfortable rooms in a convenient location

The breakfast wasn't anything special but getting breakfast at a cafe is part of the charm of Paris anyway :)

The rooms were clean, modern, and comfortable. The staff was really helpful (they assisted with a dinner reservation and booked a small trip to Versailles). The Wi-Fi was strong and consistent. The location - just a block off the Champs-Elysees - is very convenient. Even though it was close to the action, it was quiet at night.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Great trendy little hotel in the heart of Paris with 5 star service

The room we had was little small considering it was a superior room, but I understand that Parisienne rooms are renowned for being quite small. However, the staff offered to move us to another room the following day but as we were only here for a short time and the room was very comfortable we opted to stay cosy.

The staff here are amazing and could not do any more to make our stay as pleasant as it was. The rooms are very comfortable and the style is very unique. Being just off the Champs Elysées puts you right amongst all the action too. I would most certainly stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Perfect: location, facilities and everything

NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!

Staff was very helpful and generous. They ensured that we felt like home staying there. Since we are used to the chaos of the people commuting and running, we did find the hotel a bit too silent. But thats nothing to worry about, infact some might prefer it that way.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

take airport shuttle(30 euro per person for round-trip) line...
    • Classic Double Room

For one night stay, we got a smallest room. The space is not enough for 2 luggages and one carry-on.

take airport shuttle(30 euro per person for round-trip) line 2 runs between CDG airport and downtown, then drop off at Étoile, walking about 10 mins(with luggages) to hotel. Close to the meter station, walking distance to Avenue des Champs - Elysées and Ave. Montaigne. Convenient place for visiting.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Nice rooms and service

Breakfast could be more diverse. Not many thing to eat after 10am. Unfortunately there was no parking places available so we had to find a spot in the town.

Rooms are well designed, equiped and clean. Staff is very responsive.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2019

Location, compactness
    • Classic Double Room

Lavk of English speaking staff (only 1)

Location, compactness

• Reviewed: May 23, 2019

I arrived at 8 am.
    • Elegance Double Room

I arrived at 8 am. Appreciated the efforts made by the team to find a room for me.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2019

So pretty.
    • Classic Double Room

So pretty... everyone was so nice

• Reviewed: May 8, 2019

• Classic Double Room

Highly recommended hotel, my second time now using the hotel. I love the location, very satisfied. Mohamed masaud

• Reviewed: May 1, 2019

Location perfect

Location perfect

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

Very comfortable stay in a great location.
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing, everything was perfect. The only hotel I stayed in that had United States outlet.

Perfect location for strolls on the Champs Elysees.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2019

Very stylish design

Very stylish design

• Reviewed: April 8, 2019

All of our scheduled activities were on George V or Champs-Elysées so the Ekta was the PERFECT place
    • Classic Double Room

Every staff member excellent. Clearly meant to be in the service business. Great hires!

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

It’s a fraud that I should pay 60 euro for 7 years child, I preferred to stay in pullman hotel
    • Classic Double Room

They changed me 60 euro for kids 7 years old who didn’t use the extra bedroom, really wasted

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: March 19, 2019

Nice hotel perfect attention and location
    • Classic Double Room

Youseff was the best! Thank you for everything!

We Price Match