Reviews of Timhotel Tour Montparnasse 3 stars

11 Bis Rue De La Gaîté, 14th arr., 75014 Paris, France

#865 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

There was a misunderstanding about our booking which I misunderstood, they were understanding
    • Two Adjacent Rooms

I got an 'up graded room' which was still very small door of bathroom couldn't open fully as it was hitting off the bed, the bathroom plumbing was faulty there was a bad smell and the room above drained into my sink so when they used their bathroom it sounded as if taps were running in mine.

Great location very comfortable bed. Small hotel with good soundproofing.

Dissapointing experience
    • Comfort Double Room

The rooms weren't really clean and the hotel needs a total renovation

The hotel is in the heart of montparnasse district which is a very beautiful area

Located in a nice are with good bars and cafes, feels safe.
    • Standard Single Room

Got the Room om the first floor, squeezed in with only one window and no view outside, only at reception and other rooms loooking down. Unpleasant. Could hear the doorbell all night in the room.

Located in a nice are with good bars and cafes, feels safe. Close to Gare Montparnasse. Friendly reception. Big and pleasant bathroom.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The location is perfect.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Nothing in particular. The rooms arent huge but its expected, this is paris.

The location is perfect. The staff is friendly and helpfull. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and confortable.

Good location but dont take the shuttle to airport arranged by the hotel
    • Comfort Twin Room

Poor soundproof, lift is slow. We requested for shuttle to airport, it was arranged by the hotel but later on, the driver insisted for us to pay extra 20euros despite us showing the receipt given by the hotel frontdesk, a total con!

Near metro station, a lot of restaurants nearby, carrefour is within walking distance

It was good and clean.

The AC didn't work. Infact they told us after the booking and payment and everything was completed. Moreover, they provided us with no alternative like a fan or something either.

It was good and clean. Location was good.

Location, reasonable price, friendly staff, places to go out...
    • Comfort Double Room

Pretty small and outdated room, it can get noisy with all the restaurants and bars close by, only two power outlets in the room (none by the bed) and only one was working, asked couple times, but it was never fixed

Location, reasonable price, friendly staff, places to go out nearby

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Not much to like.
    • Comfort Double Room

Came to check in at 1.30-2pm. The receptionist told us that the room wouldn't be ready until 3pm and berated us saying it was difficult cleaning 30+ rooms at the same time (what?). Shouldn't be difficult to prioritise the cleaning schedule, starting with rooms that are going to be checked in. We were planning to settle in, take a shower and head out, instead left our luggages in the lobby and just checked out the surroundings for an hour. The other 2 receptionists were helpful, but they needed to improve their language. The hotel rooms' doors DON'T CLOSE BY THEMSELVES. This was the case in both the rooms we've used. You let go of the door, it closes but doesn't get shut until you give it a hard push. If you forget to do that, your door remains open. Even if you're careful, the shower cabin leaks a lot of water onto the bathroom floor. There were only 2 electric outlets in the room, one of which doesn't work UNLESS THE LIGHTS ARE ON. If you want to charge multiple devices, you're out of luck. Overall a crappy experience. Good thing we only had to use this hotel for a single day.

Not much to like. Anything *unrelated* to the hotel was fine; the location, surroundings and whatnot. The only good thing about the hotel is its location.

A very enjoyable stay. Would stay again when in Paris.
    • Comfort Double Room

Good location, close to the rail station and metro. Lots of restaurants and a superb ice cream bar close by. Hotel staff could not do enough for you and very informative. Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Exactly as I expected.
    • Comfort Double Room

Tim hotel is a great basic, value for money hotel. Friendly staff. Great location with many restaurants and bars. Close to train station. Room was tiny, but the king bed was great.

I was only there 1 night, but treated so well

Nil

I was treated so well, when I had to transfer to another Timhotel in Rue Odessa, my backpack was very heavy, the young manager from Timhotel Tour carried my bag to Rue Odessa. I was so grateful. I wish to commend him on his thoughtfulness and thank him so much for assistance. I would recommend both Timhotel Tour Paris and Timhotel Rue Odessa.

I will never ever come back
    • Comfort Double Room

Value for money vey low (> paying more than €300 /night for this standard of hotel is scandalous) Very bad breakfast Poor general maintenance of the hotel

Disappointed
    • Comfort Double Room

A kettle was broken, safe was broken also shower unit is not properly sealed so water goes outside of shower unit and when I realized floor was full of water everywhere. Also I noticed bath towels weren’t changed, There is no mini fridge. It is not worth money I paid, if the website information said what facilities you providing, that all facilities should be in working condition. Altogether I’m very disappointed.

Staff are very kind. Location is very good.

Excellent location, very clean, friendly staff.
    • Comfort Double Room

The property was perfect for the price you will pay.

Excellent location, very clean, friendly staff. The rooms are a good size for the centre of Paris, not to small.

Very good location, very calm.
    • Comfort Double Room

Very good location, very calm. Missing a little bit of space in the room (which is normal in Paris) but room is clean and bed is good. Good value for money.

nothing to say
    • Comfort Twin Room

Room size and bed, I was practically on a very narrow bed, stock to my friend's bed and twice I fall off while I was sleep

staff were excellent, room was too small both bed very small and made a single bed, no way you could walk in the room unless one was sitting down, they overcharged for breakfast,

Meh, it should have been better...
    • Comfort Double Room

We didn’t get the right room the first night and the superior accomodations we got the next day were not superior more like meh... it was very small and not comfortable for the price tag. I have stayed at many other locations on Paris and they were very good.

The location was good and the breakfast was ok but not always stocked.

location and cleanliness
    • Comfort Double Room

Room was so small; how can you call a 10m2 room a comfort double room? Room was too cold; air conditioner was not functioning properly; if we didnt request an extra small heater, noone in the property would offer it. There was only one electricity plug working; we had difficulty charging our phones and other devices.

location and cleanliness

Nice ,good value hotel in handy location for all transport
    • Comfort Double Room

Heating wasn't great in our room ,but we did have extra fan heater .

Good location ,access to Metro and main line trains nearby . Good restaurants and bars close by. Good breakfast and nice staff.

Timhotel is just great
    • Comfort Double Room

We wanted to stay for 2 other nights because we really liked it, but the manager wouldnt do us a good price..-40€ Both nights! So we moved to another hotel

The staff is great! Montparnasse is amazing The room a little small but very clean the bed is super comfortable! I just loved my stay!

It’s a good value for money.
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was small and I asked for a nice view and they gave us the back of the building. No extra blankets in the room, it was a little bit cold during the night.

The breakfast is very good. Good variety of food.

The room was very small but thats normal for that price range in Paris. Everything else was just pe.
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was very small.

I’ve chosen this hotel for business trip because of good prices on boocing.com. The room was small as usual for this price in Paris but everything else was just perfect. Clean,friendly stuff,good location. What else do you need? I didn’t order breakfast at the hotel so I can’t comment.

Great location and comfortable, affordable room!
    • Comfort Twin Room

The one downfall to the room was that there was only two outlets that we could plug in and charge our devices to (not enough seeing as we had phones, laptops, and camera batteries). Also, these outlets were not near the bed.

We stayed here for a weekend and absolutely loved the hotel. The location is ideal if you decide to frequently take the metro (we did about 12 times during our trip - it is a very efficient system and well worth the money for a 3 day pass!), because of how accessible the location was we were able to have time to visit everything on our bucket list while in the city! We didn't get the breakfast option, so I have no opinion on that. Our stay was excellent and perfectly worth the value! Would stay in Montparnasse again.

A tiny cupboard next to a stinking bathroom, where you hear all that Parisian nightlife can offer.
    • Comfort Double Room

Getting into, or out of, bed involved either shuffling sideways along the wall or else just climbing from the foot. The sex shop opposite seemed to have an enthusiastic and dedicated clientele until late into the night, possibly fed by the numerous bars on the street which provide free music direct to the room. I'm always mildly concerned by random hairs stuck to the bathroom tiles, particularly when they're halfway up the wall - one cannot help but wonder if there's a story there - but the stench of drains meant that I didn't spend much time in there. At around 11pm, someone upstairs had a shower before bed. The sympathetic gurgling coming from my own shower's drain was sufficiently loud I did wonder about getting up to see if I were about to drown, but once again the smell drove me back. The alarm service, however, is excellent - next door's shower, this time, at about 6am, woke me without any problems.

So the bed, which almost fit into the room, was comfortable enough.

Helpful and friendly staff and the premises was clean. Had a good night sleep.
    • Comfort Double Room

I have no complaints. But again I only stayed one night.

I only stayed for one night but the visit was very pleasant, I slept very well and it was clean. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Enjoyable short break in Paris - away from the centre but with good transport links.

Nothing of note.

Hotel in a good location - fairly quiet side street but with four Metro stations within a short walk and lots of restaurants. Street market nearby.

The location is convenient and there are many hotels around...
    • Comfort Twin Room

The staff is not very willing helpful. Hotel facilities is aged, especially the bath room.

The location is convenient and there are many hotels around in this area.

Pleasant enough but don't think I would stay there again.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Tea making facilities in room but didn't like the paper cups. Had to ask reception for them on second day as not left in room. A basic cup and saucer would have been more welcoming! Also very noisy (room) neighbours the first two nights.

Comfortable bed, good bathroom, no outside noise.

The staff were polite.
    • Comfort Double Room

There was something on one of the bedsheets. Not one of the sheets you sleep on, but a decorative sheet that drapes over the box spring. I'm hoping that someone just spilled a bit of Chantilly cream from their midnight meringue.

The staff were polite. Everything was kept simple. The hotel was very close to Gare Montparnasse. I received a free upgrade to a room that was tastefully decorated.

Good sized rooms with comfortable bed a chairs and tables
    • Superior Twin Room

Wifi was about weak .

Good sized rooms with comfortable bed a chairs and tables Great position small walking distance to train station,airport bus and metros

We felt cheated when we arrived in our room.

Pretty much everything

We felt cheated when we arrived in our room. It looked NOTHING like the pictures on the website. It was tiny. There was barely room to move around the bed and it was ridiculous when we were both trying to pack in the morning. The towels were literally threadbare and hard. One of the bedside lights was not working. We asked reception for a new bulb. It transpired that she was the ONLY person on duty in the hotel. She had to leave reception to come to our room, which meant that other guests arriving at the front door would not have been able to get into the hotel. She couldn't fix it and couldn't find another bulb. It was clearly to us that the hotel puts profit above the comfort of guests at every stage. We would not dream of staying here again.

i have stayed here for two days but nobody clean the room!
    • Comfort Twin Room

i have stayed here for two days but nobody clean the room!!!! and the worker told me he can changer the double bed, but he lied. i think it's not a good hotel

It was not too bad, but not to my expectations. The first room (307) had no safe.
    • Comfort Double Room

The first night I got a room with two beds, instead of my booking of a room with one large bed,due to lack of correspondence with Booking.com The ceiling of the lobby was leaking

Friendly Staff

A quiet comfortable hotel, very near to the station, in a vibrant neighbourhood.
    • Comfort Double Room

I thought the price of breakfast was too much. Apart from hard boiled eggs there was nothing extra on offer. Other hotels charged about 9euros.

The bed was very comfortable. I accepted a twin room tho' I had booked a double. The room was a funny shape so the bathroom door could not open fully as the bed was in the way. The room was nicely decorated. What I liked most was the coffee and tea making facilities- unusual in French hotels.

Great place , great location!

Did not have so much problem since we wanted to experience the local Paris ambiance. It could be loud in the mornings when the garbage trucks collect the trash, and evenings when locals and tourists enjoy their dinner and drinks after work! Not a problem for me though.

Very good location. Center of Paris with a very authentic local vibe! The hotel staff were very efficient.They made sure that our stay would be comfortable and enjoyable. Hotel facilities were basic but good enough, they made sure that our rooms were clean when we came back in the evening! Location is great with many restaurants , bakeries & supermarkets within walking distance, not to forget 3 metro stations (Montparnasse, Gaite, Edgar Quinet) just a few meters away your hotel doorstep! Louvre Museum -30 to 40 mins walking. Saint Germaine des pres (Latin quarters) 20 to 30 mins walking. Would recommend and would stay here again!

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was pleasant.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The toilet seat in the bathroom was off its hinges and the stopper for the washand basin did not stop the water running away when one filled the basin to wash.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was pleasant. Small but well laid out.

Our Introduction to Paris - the TimHotel at the Gaiété
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was small, but so cute we didn't really mind!

A very cute room over a famous Paris street - great location. Lovely breakfast room downstairs. Easy walking to Gare Montparnasse for all forms of transport, Montparnasse Tower for great viewing over Paris. Restaurants and cafes handy, and the Saturday Market down the road was mind-blowing!

Comfortable bed and pillows.
    • Comfort Double Room

Nothing. Very happy with it.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Good value for the quality of the hotel and location is very close to two different metro stations (in different lines). Close to brasseries, cafes and Asian restaurants. Easy check in and we were upgraded to a larger room.

Met our needs
    • Comfort Double Room

The recent refurbishment was done to a poor standard in some places. The flush control for the toilet was protruding by 1/2 an inch from the wall on one side instead of fitting flush. The light switch next to the bed on the left side emitted sparks when switched on and off.

Friendly helpful receptionist. The room was clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable. Plenty of restaurants in the area.

Good place for a night or two in Paris; close to the Montparnasse Train Station

hotel was not able to provide iron and ironing board; luggage shelf to open suitcase to unpack too small to use; not enough power outlets

hotel has A/C which is a relief in the summer in Paris location was good if coming to Paris via the Montparnasse train station - you are able to walk, the street is a little bit "seedy" - erotic shops and massage studio but bar and restaurant right across the street from the hotel; bar was fine; breakfast was good

Breakfast is really nothing special and that for 13,50 euro...
    • Comfort Twin Room

Breakfast is really nothing special and that for 13,50 euro per person! Not worth it. Hotel was nice, but we paid about 200 euros per night which is way overpriced for a smal room.

Good stay
    • Comfort Twin Room

The hotel was slightly more modest than in the pics. The plugs were not well located.

The receptionist was interested in my good experience and chose a quiet room for me. Comfy bed, good shower.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great location, clean and friendly
    • Comfort Twin Room

Sadly the air condition broke down on the hottest days of the year but was repaired as quickly as was possible. The breakfast facilities were limited and basic.

Great location, clean and friendly. Beds were great and room was quiet.

Indescribable!
    • Comfort Double Room

On our last night we heard an alarm go off at about half 5 in the morning, not sure if it was a fire alarm but it went on for a good 5-10 minutes.

We only had breakfast one morning but it was absolutely gorgeous, the food was lovely. The staff were lovely and really helpful, the location of the hotel was amazing, not too far away from the Eiffel tower, but not too close, everything was just amazing! Thank you so much! The weather was incredible too, couldn't have been more perfect!

Absolutely charming hotel in the perfect location.
    • Comfort Twin Room

We could hear a bit of noise from the street with the window open but it didn't really bother us.

Such a charming hotel in a great street bustling with life and cafes.

We got two rooms near by each other, and it was importent...
    • Comfort Twin Room

This time we had a room who was so Cold, and it was very Cold in the bathroom, so to shower was not very nice. We complained the first evening, but they could not help us because it was fullbooked. We complained the NeXT day too, but we did not get another room or any help With the temperature in the room.

We got two rooms near by each other, and it was importent because we were a Family with childrens. It was the forth time I was staying in this hotel, earlier we have had good warm rooms.

Lovely overnight stay in Montparnasse
    • Comfort Double Room

The location was great and the staff really friendly and helpful. Excellent English but willing to be patient and help me practice my French. It is very close to the Gare Montparnasse for easy access to trains heading south to Bordeaux, Toulouse etc.

Planning to go back for pleasure rather than business next time
    • Comfort Double Room

I initially went to a different TimHotel. The problem was that one of the metro stations I wanted to get off at was closed so I had to get off at another and a taxi driver directed me to the TimHotel that was nearby to where I was and said I could easily walk there. This was how I ended up at the wrong one. At this hotel I was given poor instructions for getting to the right hotel and ended up wandering around for nearly an hour. The receptionist ( A man) sent me in the wrong direction and gave me an incorrect map. He could have phoned up the other hotel, asked someone else, but he didn't seem to know what he was doing. I ended up going back to him after nearly an hour and asking him to get me a taxi - I was shattered - it was a hot day and I'd been traveling since morning. I was offered no help and he still kept insisting I should walk (thankfully I didn't as once again he insisted it was in the opposite direction to where the actual hotel was). The taxi cost 20 euros. The hotel was in the opposite direction to where he had pointed me just four minutes down the street. To have not got help, or rang ahead for me, or been more helpful was really unacceptable. I was concerned I would get the same greeting at the right hotel. Nothing could be further from the truth. The hotel I stayed in was excellent. I went back to see the other receptionist that evening and to explain he should have been more helpful. His excuse was that he was new! But he didn't tell me that and he lied - acting as if he knew where the other hotel was and sending me off happily in the wrong direction. Very poor

Room was comfortable, bed was cosy. Liked the view of street life from the balcony window. Staff in the TimHotel I stayed in were excellent. Liked the late checkout - compared to other places at 10am. Very relaxed and friendly. The reception staff at this hotel were excellent (see below). Will return to the same hotel again - great for central location and relaxed atmosphere near good street life, cafes and metro.

Good place for a short stay near the train station
    • Comfort Twin Room

The seals in the shower weren't secure and water leaked onto the bathroom floor

Comfortably sized room (by Paris standards) with good amenities, friendly staff and in a good neighbourhood

Amazing Place to stay

Having to leave.

Excellent location, 10 minute walk from the train station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the forth floor and had a balcony overlooking the street with amazing views. With the window closed the room was very quite, with the window open you heard the sounds of the Paris. Very comfortable bed and a great shower with hot water and water pressure. Over all the room was very good and had a real Parisian feel. There are many restaurants and bars and a market right out the front door of the hotel. 30 minutes walking and you are at the Seine river and all of the sites or take a cab for less the 10 Euros. If by chance you are there on a Saturday morning make sure to walk the to the local farmers market, WOW. Highly recommend this hotel to stay in Paris.

Good location in a street with restaurants and bars.
    • Comfort Double Room

I think if you have a room at the front of the building it can be quite noisy. The personnel wasn't very friendly and didn't speak english too well. The breakfast was very expensive, so we went elsewhere for breakfast.

Good location in a street with restaurants and bars. Nice shower and comfortable double bed. Fine hotel for a weekend in Paris.

Good location , but no parking

Bookings.com said there was parking available- there wasn't I had to park in the station car park - expensive.

Good location , unfortunately Montparnasse station was being refurbished

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Good Value for Money
    • Comfort Double Room

Don't have plug adapters available at the hotel - could not charge my mobile as I forgot my travel adapter.

Great location - The Receptionist Sara was very helpful

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Pleasant, comfortable and interesting
    • Comfort Twin Room

Bedroom was neat and bed just fitted in!

I liked the situation as it was not far from the station and metro also plenty of restaurants just a few steps away,Travelling solo the hotel felt friendly. Breakfasts were good. Liked the decor, it was different. Very pleasant stay.

My best deal for a typical french 3 star hotel on my 30th visit to Paris
    • Comfort Twin Room

I still find difficult for French hotels not to serve light milk and sometimes not diet sugar for diabetics..

Everything was above average for a 3 star-hotel

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Nice Room in a Great Location

No complaints

I spent only one full day and night there, but found the accommodations to be great. The location couldn't be beat and the room was a generous size with lovely furnishings. The bed was super comfortable and I slept well. It was a short walk to the Montparnasse train station and also close to the Metro from the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

1. break fast is nice
    • Comfort Double Room

1. terrible Wi-Fi, makes you at a low efficiency of work 2. TV is in the cornor not straightly faced with bed, you have to turn your head when watch 3. no 3G/4G in the area, you just have no way to share your moments freely with you friends via video calls

1. break fast is nice 2. location is good and convenient 3. cleaner looks nice

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

4 nights in paris
    • Comfort Double Room

room 001 aircon dont work. and the hotel staff says that its working only @ 20c. we had to open the windows to sleep As it was so stuffy n hot. and mosquito n flies keep coming in because of that. fix the aircon please.

location n friendly staff

Staff were great
    • Comfort Double Room

Got robbed at the nearby metro station. Watch for pickpockets in that area!

Staff were great

Hotel, cleanliness, location very good.
    • Comfort Double Room

Breakfast not quite worth the value of almost 14 Euros.

Hotel, cleanliness, location very good.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The same breakfast every day during our stay in a week.
    • Comfort Double Room

The same breakfast every day during our stay in a week. It was boring.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The room was too small.

The bed was great!

Great hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

Room was on the small size but who spends time in their room if they are in Paris

Cleanliness, air conditioning, location

The staff.
    • Comfort Double Room

The elevators were cramped. The breakfast place in the basement

The staff. They were always helpful

I had a great stay at your facility

N/a

The location was fantastic, very close to Gare Montparnesse. Excellent room and breakfast was great.

Is was close to garestation.
    • Comfort Double Room

There was not enoght electric charges!

Is was close to garestation.

Location and security.
    • Comfort Double Room

The lift was a bit slow.

Location and security.

• Comfort Double Room

The matress of the double bad was not very comfortable

Very good location Very friendly staff Breakfast Comfortable decoration

They were able to give us adjoining rooms.
    • Comfort Double Room

They were able to give us adjoining rooms.

Felt at home....really comfy bed....stay was all I had hoped for
    • Comfort Double Room

Can be confusing as 3 Tim Hotels in Montparnasse!

Very comfortable. Great breakfast. Helpful reception staff.

• Comfort Double Room

staff attitude, internet didn't work, room is tiny, not value for money!

Very poor

Very poor

I liked the places around the hotel

The localization

Very pleasant stay in a very exciting part of Paris

Room was a little small